Cred Forums, I wanna play through the MGS series for the first time. What should I pick, Twin Snakes or MGS1?

Cred Forums, I wanna play through the MGS series for the first time. What should I pick, Twin Snakes or MGS1?

Other urls found in this thread:

metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Integral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mgs1 dood, twin snakes is alright but nothing beats the original

MGS1

Twin Snakes works better as a weird parody with early 2000s era action scenes.

MGS1, the graphics don't even matter, the voice performance alone creates a better atmosphere and tells the story far better than the actual graphics enhancements.

The only improvement Twin Snakes offers is first person shooting. But you shouldn't rely on your firearms in a Metal Gear game

Buy the MGS legacy collection, start with MGS 1 and work your way in release order, not timeline order.

Also don't be a little pussy and play on the hardest difficulty on all the games.

Although I've not played Twin Snakes, I've seen a few youtube videos of it and goddamn is it bad.

At least one voice actor is different, they altered the music in parts, they put these lame matrix-like additional scenes in

They should have done a "MGS: Substance" instead

Twin Snakes. Go for the superior version of the game and piss off sonyggers.

>muh sony boogeyman
Twin snakes is hot garbage and you know it

Original.

but they did user

>Hello Potion Seller, I am going into battle and I want only your strongest potions.

just report that consolewar shit

Isn't this just VR missions without the MGS singleplayer campaign?

MGS1.

And play in release order, read the summaries of MG1 and 2, and watch the Briefing files before jumping to the campaign.

All true, but that's not all:

-You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
-the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
-the new localization sucks ass, and is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
-The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy. The bossfights took the biggest hit, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
-The added Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
-The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion. Oh, and tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.
-To be honest? The Twin Snakes also looks fugly. Everything's just gray and cyan now, ruining the cold and dark industrial mood the original has. And the 3D models look waxy.

mgs1 is really a sexy beast

Wow you ain't kidding

metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Integral

brb oiling myself up

Neither.
You should ask what order to play the games in.

>The added Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2
Do tell what purpose does it serve in MGS2?

Play a good series instead.

Not him but it unlocks shit

I started at MGS2 when it came out then replayed all the classics twin snakes, 2, 3, 4 all in order.

I'd say twin snakes since the graphics are WAY better, and the first person controls have improved a bit too.

Collecting dog tags unlocks new gear.

Twin Snakes is more in line with the tone and cutscene quality of later titles, but as an entry to the series I imagine you'll not "get" it

The campiness of MGS is alluded to in MGS1, appears a bit in MGS2, and is full blown in MGS3 onwards. Twin Snakes is somewhere between 2 and 3 when it comes to this campiness, so you won't appreciate it the same if you play it first. 2 in particular will come off as very jarring.

If I'm remembering correctly, the dog tags are how you get the bandanas/wigs and stealth camo

> MGS series
> Twin Snakes

Pick one

It's the third disc of MGS:Integral sold as it's own game.

mgs1