What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?
Who was he working for?
Was he a bad guy or a good guy?
What was his motive?
Why couldn't he just be Liquid?

He always supported big boss

Big boss wanted to destroy zero's control over the world.

Only way to get close enough was to trick the system into thinking he worked for them.

>What was his fucking problem?
Overly cautious because he had to fool the Patriots for as long as possible by pretending to be retarded. Doing that shit for decades invites some actual crazy in his head.

>Who was he working for?
Working towards his own interests which happened to involve Big Boss.

>Was he a bad guy or a good guy?
He was an "end justifies the means" guy.

>What was his motive?
To eliminate the Patriots.

>Why couldn't he just be Liquid?
Because Liquid was dead

But the patriots were AI and half the game he pretends to be Liquid who wants to destroy the patriots, how would this trick them?

he was only pretending ot be retarded

>Tfw you realize Zero was the good guy and Big Boss bad

He did it for the lulz. He's one of us

The problem with ocelot is that kojima is a retconning retard and forgot where he was going once he no longer had tomokazu to keep his autism in check. His allegiances seem to change every iteration because kojima watched too many James bond movies. There were multiple explanations for liquid's possession, first nanomachines, then hereditary medium powers, then kojima pulled another fast one and it's only hypnosis. Silly cunt would have found a way to insert vocal chord parasites into it if he had more time.

>actively try to kill snake over the course of the game
>now why would I want to do that lol

How does Zero go from some retired SAS guy to being head of the Illuminati? He seemed pretty cool in MGS3 then suddenly offscreen he becomes evil incarnate.

>game freezes within 10 minutes of forest level
>can't fix it
Should I just watch MGS4 on youtube or go to ebgames and buy one of the million copies for $10

acquired the philospher's legacy i.e. got major bank and then tried to influence the world through retardation or some shit

dude was a major control freak and he wanted to fulfill the boss' wishes, which he inherently couldn't do due to his compulsive nature

he chilled out when he got ill, but not his organization

"bad guy or good guy" Come on, man, are you seriously trying to look at it in such simple terms?

i thought la li lu le lo was more than just ai
i thought it was ciper+the ai that was the spooky bad guy

MGS 4 is fucking retarded
Worst game of the series

that would be piss walker

>Why couldn't he just be Liquid?

They realized that if they hadn't backpedaled and went "I GUESS HE REALLY WAS OCELOT AFTER ALL" they would have wasted one of their important characters. So that subplot from MGS2 ended up being wasted anyway.

If liquid had never been shoehorned in mgs2 in the first place, the series would make 30% more sense

>Worst game of the series
3, Peace Walker, GZ and V are much worse. Especially V.

How come Solid Snake never realized that him, Big Boss and the president of the United States look exactly the same.

Exactly... the same?

4 is worse than all of those by a very wide margin

Both Big Boss and Solidus looked older than he did so it was more like look alikes than anything.
If you saw someone who sort of looks like you would you think it's all part of some government conspiracy involving clones or would you be like "oh hey that guy sort of looks like me, huh?"

They had to think it was Liquid working against them, and not Ocelot, since Ocelot knew everything and couldn't be manipulated by the system.

By becoming Liquid, he let himself become a "pawn" and run the PMCs the way the Patriots wanted until it was time for him to spring his trap and fight back.

But why would they not just kill him right away regardless if he's liquid?

the element of surprise

the AIs were planning for how LIQUID would go about fighting them, not how OCELOT would

Because they thought they could manipulate liquid to do their thing, and as far as they knew, they were. All those nano-machine filled PMCs were part of the Patriots plan to control the War Economy.

Also, if Liquid is good at anything it is not dying.

Big Boss and Zero wanted the same thing, to fulfull the Boss dream, however everyone had a different view of what that dream was, no one actually got it right since they added their own ideologies into the mix, Zero only wanted Big Boss to join him, that is why neither of them hates each other even though both of them have done things that would warrant ordinary people killing each other in other situations.

Basically Skullface gets in their hate/fuck relationship and ruins everything, if it weren't for Skullface trying to usurp power the AI wouldn't even exist since it was hastily done, Miller wouldn't have trained Solid (although Big Boss also helped him even though he knew it was his clone) among other shit

Why did everybody have such a boner for the Boss' will, anyway?

This

Basically all of Metal Gear wouldn't have happened if the Boss hadn't been so goddamn charismatic and amazing

Lets be real nothing of Metal Gear would've happened if the Boss hadn't been a woman.

what was his name again?

i fucking hate these Cred Forums memes

At least he didn't throw in "Ocelot did nothing wrong". Because even if his goals were noble the shit he pulled was still pretty heinous (and sometimes hilarious).

Thread/

This is the only correct answer.

An overpowered gay in the wrong position

T. japanese shit writer

/thread

I don't expect there is even a need to rationalize this in a story set in a world of vocal cord shitters BUT:
This outright canon that he became Liquid "in order to fool the patriots AI system" but why would any logical being buy that story??? Liquid because arm- okay shit, he must be for real guise we better deal with THE SPIRIT OF LIQUID.
Also, lets say they all think he is anyway (or bot for this matter), why is the world at large allowing a known war criminal and/ or terroist from a 2005 incident to run a profitable war conpany? Is he operating unknown in the shadows? Are there a board of ceo's working officially in his stead?

Best reply

Because it's an handheld game?

He was just a one man ruse cruise. He was incapable of doing anything without some amount of convoluted subterfuge and deception.

It was all of them, though

He used his medium powers first then switched to nanomachines and hypnosis when he decided he didn't want to fuck around with ghosts

>but why would any logical being buy that story??? Liquid because arm- okay shit, he must be for real guise we better deal with THE SPIRIT OF LIQUID

Because the world already has freaks like that and the supernatural? I mean it would be bullshit in real life but the mgs world is different.

>run a profitable war company?

Yes he was doing shit from the shadows. Thats why the UN sent a team to kill him. Thats why the guns of the patriots scene happened. The story isn't the problem its the fact that you didn't play shit or have a shitty memory.

>all these faggots replying with "lore" answers
>dont even realize this is the exact response OP wanted