Lets get a comfy WoW nostalgia thread going on boys

Lets get a comfy WoW nostalgia thread going on boys

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20040915014204/http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/
youtube.com/watch?v=GeD8NXdvZSs&feature=youtu.be&t=39m11s).
web.archive.org/web/20040917021944/http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/worldmap.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=gQFOLOur1jM
youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w
youtube.com/watch?v=1SRiyXCZuws
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNstdF54ypo
youtube.com/watch?v=_n2NMzFAJ4o
youtube.com/watch?v=No6jHwe0QoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4BKBitmL7hg
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474829763600.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=a4E02mM6yyE
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0ZxxxscMzxxxcMxo
youtube.com/watch?v=iyEAlMKUzbM
youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ5aeAhylg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4QT59KQYM
youtube.com/watch?v=EvWH1KKOsoY
youtube.com/watch?v=h9LjmwG-9Hg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nost please go
You only start fights

Havent played wow since wotlk lad, im not a nostfag

YO WHADDUP G
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MC
YOU AINT GOT BO LIFE
YOU AINT GOT NO FRIENDS
AND I KNOW YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR WEEKENDS WITH FORTY PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW AND SOME GUY CALLED PUFF TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO!

yo nerds, you have 30 seconds to post the COMFIEST zone

That layout triggers me. So many useless icons, too.

>mages dont get imps anymore

vanilla truely was the best

>comfy zone
>full of massive hives with insects swarming around, barren as fuck, only other residents are giant worms and cultists.

Don't have any pictures but I always found Nagrand to be most comfy.

>mage

I know this is bait but I'm still triggered.

Mah nigga

You and me are prolly the only people in existance who love Silithus

Vanilla: Elwynn forest
TBC: Nagrand
Wrath: Grizzly Hills

Best vanilla zone.

Does anyone remember a pvp video featuring a L60 undead rogue where the first song was a remix of the song 'Explosive' by Bond?

I've been trying to find it for ages but have no idea if it's even still up on the internet anywhere.

Triggered

>nostalgia
Fuck off newfag
Wow was garbage until wotlk

Im searching too lad, it was a video of a UD rogue too, but the song was that "requiem fir a dream shit".
Im pretty sure the guy was named either Knightley or Nightley, but cant find shit in google.
I remember him wearing that white facemask rogue helmet

Stranglethorn as a fucking druid was the best. I spent hours stalking through the jungle ambushing horde and swimming out into that coral area if things didnt go my way.

STV as shadow priest playing solo was the bane of my existance

>I made a L19 twink
>I was one of those people
Took forever to get that fucking Fisherman's Hat, but was loads of fun stomping newfriends. No regrets.

I might be the only guy, but i fucking loved Borean Tundra.
Have no idea why it gets so much hate...

>that demon hunter

shit game with no balance

OH HELL YEAH
THAT'S ME
WHERE DO I SIGN UP

>play private server
>level up like crazy with my buddy
>he is tailoring/enchanting
>im mining/blacksmithing
>pump his enchanting crazy fast
>get crusader enchantment drop
>jew the entire realm for all their money

Reeeeeeeeeeee nu-WoW ! DELETE THIS!

my man

vanilla was shit

is that silithus?

I miss quiver bags on hunters

so where are you guys at now since nostalrious is fucked by blizz

I want to know this as well. Is there any server that isn't a Russian botnet and doesn't have half the shit broken?

>doesn't have half the shit broken?
Define "half of the shit broken".

Elysium

he meant quests, quests events, classes, skills and or mobs

spells/quests that don't work, disconnects more than once a day, rampant hacking etc

Waiting for crestfall. Playing gw2.

>anyone have level 35+ meat
Sometimes I think blizzard were told by FEMA to make the hunter class just to get a census on all the retards to round up

>Stranglethorn Valve

>There's no red dragon there

Wtf Blizzard why the lie?

standing in goldshire in the first few weeks of launch looking for a tailor to make you some linen bags if you give them linen cloth and thread
that feeling when you got 4 linen bags, that feeling when you found your first woolen bag
smelting peoples ore for the sake of leveling your mining skill
interesting mechanics like warlocks and soul shards, yes it was unfair to warlocks having to sacrifice inventory space, but it was interesting! it was something no other class did, was unique
looking across the lake into duskwood and getting that sinister feeling of what lies ahead
Everything about experiencing wow during its launch, so many good memories

its dead?

>RU
>EU

Nothing of value was lost.

Mfw the wow STILL sells with a manual that says tauren dont get mounts.

loved these

I am nordic so Grizzly hills and Dum Morogh are comfy as fuck

But the comfiest zone ever is pic related

>I am nordic

salam aleikum, brother

hola hermano

I can recall the days when I first encountered these so well.
God damn I just want to wrap myself in those memories they feel so good.

even though the damn chromatic carapace never droopped

its stupid how 3 of the horde races got barrens, which was just a terrible wasteland. The UD at least got a neat secondary zone with silverpine forest. The combination of a nice pine forest, the worgen lurking around and undead being baller really put it to the next level. Then hillsbrad foodhills with its massive amount of killing at the farm was sweet. Nothing was better than teaming up with others to kill them with massive AoE.

>Finland
>99% white
>world's largest concentration on blue eyed and blonde haired people

Kek, stay meme and go back to your containment board, white hispanic

Barrens was/is a massive mistake. Everything about that zone sucked ass

except the oasis. Those were sweet.
also trolling allies with screenshot of the day being a guy /sit in a catapult

>fisherman's hat

>not engineering goggles

:/

Pretty sure I saw a hunter with a quiver yesterday.

>m-muh blond haird
>m-muh blue eyes

you sound insecure bro :^)
maybe you should return to that containment board

>bragging about your country being white

Do it while it's still the case, senpai

Anyone else here was in a casual raiding guild that was stuck at Moroes for over a month?

what is a moroes

I want to start a new character. What should it be
>female human warrior
>female human monk
>male dwarf warrior
>male dwarf shaman
>female draenei shaman
I'm leaning way from human female warrior because their running animation makes their elbows clip through most shields.

>tfw when I had to make a DH because cannot take how mutilated all classes are and how bad some new animations are on them

took a week for my shitty casual guild
>was fire mage
>get told to go frost , well whatever its for progress
>get garroted 5 times the night we killed it making it a cakewalk for healers

That doesn't look like Winterspring, you faggot.

What's the most dickish race-class combo you remember?
I think undead rogues take the cake.

I fucking love Winterspring

My nigger

web.archive.org/web/20040915014204/http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/

It was a reply for that guy who wrote salem aleikum. There's 50k muslims in our country so I just let the dude know that I dont know what that arabic means, the only place you hear it in here is in kebab places :)

The thing is, especially in terms of vanilla he presumably is thinking of, all servers are very much same-y because all extant private servers are based on the same open source project MaNGOS. For example, a server like Nostalrius had world mob databases as-is (I happen to know Southsea Cannoneers don't have their shoot ability in MaNGOS mob databases and lo and behold: youtube.com/watch?v=GeD8NXdvZSs&feature=youtu.be&t=39m11s). Similarly, 99% of the quests "work" by default (ie. you can gain credit and hand in the quest) and whatever changes there might be tend to be focused around making the remaining 1% completable rather than actually implementing them correctly (RP events, drop rates etc).

If you naively look at the number of completable quests or something, the difference between any recently forked vanilla server is marginal (say, 99% vs 99.5%). Now, there might be differences in some high-priority factors like pathing or raids but depending on what your standards for "broken" are, you could as well say that 0% of the stuff works or 98%+ of the stuff "works" and vast majority of details are identical on every server.

What I'm saying that I don't know what your standards for "working" are. Would you be upset by details like Shimmering Flats races not taking place (the NPCs and rockets are there but they never race), some packs in low-level dungeons not being properly linked or some NPCs missing abilities or not patrolling through a correct path (every single server has that kind of issues)? Or would you be satisfied with 98% of quests being completable (all servers would qualify)? Or, alternatively, quality in relation to some known server (be it MaNGOS, Nostalrius or Trinitycore for WotLK - which actually tends to have vanilla world content in better shape than any of vanilla servers).

Gnome rogue.

Gnomes are the only race that I always kill in world pvp

>tfw can't bring myself to gank unless they attack first

who else /low test/ here?

>boys

i'm grl

then get out

:^)

Blood elf paladins.

>500k health

>web.archive.org/web/20040917021944/http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/worldmap.shtml
What are the islands along the southern part of the maelstrom?

This is the boys club you faggot girl get the fuck out

>vanilla wallpaper
>there is a demon hunter

blizzard why?

rip nost

Initially they had the idea of making a lot of hero classes they would add in. Like demon hunter, shadow hunter and warden.

>he played alliance

youtube.com/watch?v=gQFOLOur1jM

F

>That Night Elf priest who would stealth by cliffs and mind control you off
>that priest who would hide outside your base on Arathi Basin and mind control you to walk through the exit teleporter
>Now you were on cooldown to rejoin a battleground for 20 minutes

future expansions

>UD priest that mindcontrolled people to drown
>Ud priest that had devouring plague while the faggy troll priests had a terrible terrible lightning shield clone
as much as I liked that priests had different skills per race they really didnt think it through. The weakening touch of the horde was pitiful. The humans their feedback was terrible while they good skill was shared with dwarves. And dwarves their fear ward was required to deal with Molten core. And NE got that shitty channel ability.

Alliance scum.

It's hard to choose, so I'll just post my favorite through the expansions:

>Vanilla
Stonestalon Mountain
Silverpine

>Burning Crusade
Nagrand

>Wrath of the Lich King
Grizzly Hills

>Cataclysm
Vash'ir

>Pandaria
Jade Forest

>Warlords of Draenor
Spyre of Arakkoa

>Legion
High Mountain so far

>Stonestalon Mountain
why. The whole middle section was terrible. Only the top part with the NE shit was sweet, the rest was yellow grass and trees

Winterspring was a nice zone. I have this strange nostalgic feeling for Stonetalon too. Which is a shame because the zone is fucking butchered in Cata.
Booty Bay legitimately blew me away when I accidentally went there from Ratchet.
Hinterlands is an amazing zone too.

I spent a solid 4 hours grouped with the same people doing those group quests in Hinterlands.

Good times

@15m

>ONI CHAN *chant*

Female Human monk or Male Dwarf warrior

My only regret is joining wow in 1.9 and missing the opening of the gates to ankhqiraji

I really can't understand why they got rid of the music and replaced it with shitty repetitive trash or crappy remixes

Jintha'fucking'alor! I almost forgot about that. I loved that place. It was like an outside dungeon. Oh man it was great.

I started right when that patch hit. I thought it was the coolest shit ever gathering mats for the war effort.

My computer was too shit to run the game properly at the time. I couldn't go into any capital cities.

Un'goro in general is a great zone, but my favorite part to just chill out in was the crystal cave at Marshal's Refuge.

who /ench shammy/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w

shit was fun as fuck

1/5

Go on.

2/5

3/5

>ench
It's Enh you fucking fag dipshits

4/5

Any chance blizz announces a legacy server at blizzcon?

Otherwise I may bite the bullet and roll on crestfallen. Is it active?

When Vanilla started out, you had NPCs teleporting you to other places. Shit was good. Then ships were invented to transport you from place to place.
I always got stuck in a loop during the loading screens, because my PC couldn't load fast enough. That was a bad patch for me.

5/5

wtf, i'm gonna roll a rouge now

How do you know he's not an enchanter and a shaman

I remember that the war effort would drive the prices of all the resources up. Nothing was better than being a little lvl 30 and jewing lvl 60s for all their worth on the AH

I was making bank just selling light leather. Simple ass leather. I remember I found an npc in the Darkmoon Faire outside TB who sold heavy leather. So I bought some and put it in the ah for a nice little profit. It was fucking great.

I think I finally know why I loved vanilla. It was just an adventure. You were some random asshole who killed boars for money. That was it. You went into an area, helped some people with their local problems, and then moved on. No urgency. There was no "you're the last hope, please save us, you're the only one who can" bullshit. You weren't bff's with thrall. You were just a random schmuck who was looking for a job while exploring the world.

>he played horde

I'm getting that MMO itch again so I'm tempted to pick up WoW again after a long time. What race/class/faction should I go with?

gun/mouth/trigger

I miss the old Alterac Valley matches.

Underrated zonefu

Level 10 night elf highway

zangarmarsh>all

Sweet, dude.

I actually did the quest for these. Chromatic Carapace was the reward. Pain in the ass.

Zang was pretty comfy. Nostalgia had mad most zones grow on me.

WoW lore was ruined after vanilla.
How'd they manage to fuck everything so fast?

Why?
Psychic scream and any guy who tried to gank you had five mobs on him.

Warcraft lore is terrible now. How the fuck did they go in the current direction. Like its a different genre of story telling at this point.

the lore was ruined from the start, why do the forsaken join the horde?

In reality, lore takes a backseat to gameplay, everyone has to be either good or bad, hence kael'thas being a villain.

I'd love nothing more for them to shake things up a bit, maybe a race switching faction or some shit, but it'd be impossible

Everyone is waiting for Crestfall.

Trickclover got his wish.

Too much globalization and force projection in the world t.b.h. Way too easy and cheap to travel between continents.
Night elves should've never remained in an alliance with random Stormwind humies either--just the "Alliance" survivors of Lordaeron who migrated to Kalimdor.

On the WEBSITE
You could be a WINNER

game mechanics butchering storytelling and lore again
funny how WAR does the exact same thing but no one cares because its lore has already been established long before the MMO (eg. orcs and Chaos would NEVER ally in a million jillion years), but WoW's lore is more susceptible because there's only 2 Warcraft games with a much smaller lore base

Easily Silverpine

>Cred Forums is so fucking spergy about this game that we can't have discussion about nostalgia and the current game on the same board let alone the same thread

Tanaris my dude

>No Westfall

Fight me, all of you.

>Vanilla
Loch Modan, Tirisfal Glades.

>TBC
Nagrand, Terrokar Forest.

>Wrath
Grizzly Hills.

>Cataclysm
Uldum

Didn't play after cata.

ZF was so fun. Totally different from any other dungeon at that point.

I'm new to this, what's credtfall and why will it be special?

>sand with a bit of sand with sand in the distance
>tedious quests you've done literally hundreds of times
Nostalgic for sure, but not very comfy

In vanilla they mostly took shit from the backstory to make bosses of. When I first started WOW I thought there would be the lichking, illidan and shit to continue the story of WC3. Instead you got the dragonflights, blackrock and troll tribes. I think that was a lot better since it allowed them to let you fight big bosses without killing off all the new villains. Imagine WC4 after WoW, every person of note got boned by a bunch of random faggots tanking and spanking him for 30 minutes.

>confusing dirt with sand

3 factions wouldve made sense lorewise.

Stormwind humans+dwarves+gnomes.
NE, human refugees and orcs
forsaken

maybe add bloodelves to forsaken and make their story about sylvanas tries to turn the undead back into healthy people. Although that can never happen since that would destroy a faction. Also it would make kalimdor have no conflict. So now you have humans and orcs killing eachother in duskwallow marsh.

>Instead you got the dragonflights, blackrock and troll tribes.
It definitely was a lot better to have these new enemies that aren't even random as they were all based on those WC3 mobs.
Can tell because you can see how fucked things became after killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Vashj, Malygos, etc.

>we're almost at the point where we can play every class in this image

can't wait for the dragon expansion

As a lock the soul shard mechanic was retarded but I appreciated it.

Could abuse soul fire against people WAY overgeared than me in bgs at the cost of grinding mobs.

>you will never ToEP+ZHC a soulfire into a rank 11 Warcuck and watch his healbitch helplessly stare at the crater where his corpse used to be

The best was doing it against paladins, because they'd go from 80%-0 and have no time to pop the cuckbubble and run away like the little faggots they are.

Fucking Blizz, I even forgot soul fire was a thing.

The tauren retreat was like a vacation camp. Super comfy inn music.

muh streamlining and class homogenization
I swear battlegrounds and arena were the root cause of this bullshit.

>everyone gets all sorts of crazy shit for their 11, 21, 31, talent
>warlock
>ruin
>your crits will hurt like a serrated blade dildo shoved up their ass without lube,
> thats all

oh boy

>be NE
>want to go to the city
>know from a guy that plays horde you can get on a boat in rachet
>go from ashenvale to rachet to strangletorn vale and miraculously make it all past the various gankers
>go from duskwood to stormwind
>that moment you pass through the gates and the stormwind music plays

please stop posting gaming mags because I'll have a heart failure.
They were so damn good.
post more I'm already dead anyway

"Dude, how cool would it be to be in this world, to be those heroes?"
Fucking Metzen

>blizzard no nos
>eating and drinking
>downtime between battles
>needing to camp for crucial monsters
I know these werent as bad as in other MMOs but jesus spirit was useless to beef up your regen. Only by not using half of your skills and having a class with a special ability you can grind at a decent pace.

Getting the succubus as a human warlock.
What an adventure that was, damn. Going trough kalimdor as a lone human.

who balance druid here?

I got some good shit right here.

When does arena season start? That's literally the only reason I play WoW.

It started.

>all races had this tiny purple circle to summon the pet in
>UD got this special circle surrounded by green shit

Class quests were the shit. Getting the pets as a lock, totems as a shaman, and forms as a Druid was the coolest thing ever. Oh and fucking whirlwind axe.

>31 Point talent conflagrate
>Ignites your immolate to do as much damage as a shadowbolt, instant cast
>Immolate+soul fire+ instant cast conflag
>shadowburn whatever is left

BUT WAIT THERE'S SOMETHING EVEN BETTER

>pre-naxx
>soul-link
>3-piece T1
>5-piece T2
>The black book
>laugh at fucking caster niggas trying to run from the fel-rapist of magic resist

NOTHING gave me more pleasure than watching spriests get fucking butchered by 390 shadow resist felhunters.

>Cata
Who cares mate

>shitter whiny entitled warrior babby in a slutmog mad that a paladin bitchslapped him

typical warrior cuck

ps holy damage used to pierce all resistances and damage reductions

i love all kinds of class-specific content, moonglade was a paradise

or forging the hammer as paladin.

Also when I played on a private server years later it was insane how much shit there was. Like a corrupted water elemental in silverpine forest. I always envied the shamans for having a travel form but after going through all the shit myself years later I understood that 40% was the least they could have given them

>Relax. This is Blizzard we're talking about
WHAT A MESS WE MADE, WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG

Testing

>261k
>Alot

Please. This is before I was geared to raid
They are going to have to number crunch again. I've hit 2.1mil with Full Moon before

felhound was complete bullshit vs any caster at all period.

>you will never ever get to spend all night friday doing MC runs and brag to everyone at school on monday about how far you got ever again

Has anyone seen Rexxar?

A big portion of the work between wod and legion was upgrading the back end so it can handle bigger numbers

They aren't gonna have to number crunch shit.

If they do though, they should only crunch from 90-110 stuff, because lvl 60 stuff is already like, +10 strength at the most.

>skipping class to help someone out
>trying to sneak by some sleep in class since you played late
>lending someone money for a mount
>carrying low level groups so you can get your bro a piece of gear he wants
>helping a rogue out and have him as friend who opens all your footlockers for you

How the fuck does one make this game work on windows 7? I get graphic glitches no matter what compatibility mode I use

comfy as fuck bro
cant get enough of that dustbowl

Yeah but with the Tier 2 5 piece bonus I think they got something like 160 or 300 extra magic resist across the board. Casters were basically ineffective against them. I remember getting sheeped and not bothering to have the pet eat it off me since he could rape frost mages solo, provided I activated the black book, which at the time simply doubled pet damage and armor.

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue

get the repack.it works fine on botnet 10
mega dot nz/#!vZ8SSZrR!HwDXtXzHRJMFJ0G4Jl9AcDM55XHifaJ4cBCa56fpqAU

>all those guildies getting ripped apart
>Im just chilling in desolace and other places
>actually get quests done and level up

You missed out on the most fun zone in game.

my realm was loaded with alliance who all went to it. Going to it as hordie meant you got stuck getting killed as alliance just suicided on you.

If only vanilla had a higher draw distance.

Was PvP.

Did you play on a server with alliance-favored faction imbalance? That shit must've sucked, vanilla is all about faction interactions.

I had a twink guild. Shit was amazing. We used to record videos of us assblasting low levels or playing 2v2, but the guy who had the YT account deleted everything.

Yeah, terrain distance could be better, but it's the player/NPC draw distance that really matters.
>tfw riding through Searing Gorge
>there's like 3 separate skirmishes between horde and alliance nearby
Majestic

>Get nostalgic looking at old raiding kill screenshots from tbc and wotlk.
>Regret taking a break at Brutallus to graduate and missing Sunwell and being a shit and getting myself booted from the raiding team and later the guild at Anub 25hc.

If only I was older at the time I wouldn't had been such an immature little shit.

>Horde have a party quest in Hillsbrad to assault a dwarven fortress full of elites
>dwarves are friendly to Alliance
>camp in there four hours a day and wait for parties to pull before assassinating their healer and wiping out the party
>entire fortress paved with Horde bones
>quests failed
>blossoming friendships destroyed
>I get to be a corporal

If I could go back I would probably have made a ud rogue.
Still, playing ud lock throughout Vanilla wasn't a bad choice either. For duels and pvp atleast.

>never went to hillsbrad to do something I didn't absolutely had to do
no regrets were had

Troll rogue under the bridge highway.

>can't join the defias
>can't join the scarlet crusade
bleh

>ywn be balls deep in whitemane
0/10 game

just don't, it won't scratch the itch
I gave in and bought legion and resubbed ($75), got about a week into it and then was bored again - its not a bad expansion, just more of the same
I'm ready for something new

I left my heart in STV

youtube.com/watch?v=1SRiyXCZuws

>comfy

>no slutmog as a horseman
One fucking job, Blizz.

Plebs will talk shit about belfs but as someone that loved them in Frozen Throne it was a dream to finally be able to play as one.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNstdF54ypo

youtube.com/watch?v=_n2NMzFAJ4o

youtube.com/watch?v=No6jHwe0QoQ

high mountain is shit

Fuck you nerds, the Barrens was fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=4BKBitmL7hg

Would need a new engine to truly do Blood Elf clothing justice.

i don't like any of the new zones desu but HM has the peak which allows you to see pretty much all of broken isles which is cool as fuck
also glider access to anywhere

>tfw you will never get to explore all the nooks, crannies, and high-rises of Silvermoon.
WoW 2 please.

>this outfit is still not in game

it would be about godfucking time to not have painted on armor

This thread triggers the fuck out of me
I NEED 2005 AGAIN

i remember escorting a night elf when i played as a hord character.

it was pretty fun.

I wonder how often I did the run...

Pictures like this always warm my heart.

>Trying to communicate with a nelf in Stonetalon as a horde.

It's gone, man.

Fun fact: Deeprun Tram was originally supposed to run from Stormwind (or Ironforge) to Darnassus - that's why you travel underwater.

I think it's sad someone from vanilla still plays this garbage after they ruined it a million expansions ago.

i played kronos for a bit and the magic did come back for a while since i never played alliance, but around 30s the grind really set in and everything became routine again

Fuck man, I spent ages trying to figure out what that water was meant to be.

They barely in the horde in vanilla

Go on a private server and start an orc

They are Neutral to you

The reason they were allied to the horde is that humans and dwarves dont like the Undead, neither do the night elves

Likewise with orcs, as many orcs fought night elves for land and for gul'dan, which causes demons to show up and demons are night elves mortal enemy

>Jump on that one pillar in IF
>for some reason you can start a duel from there
>run through the tunnel with your dueling partner
>fear him until he clips through that one spot in the wall
>he's in old IF now

Have any of you fags even seen old IF?

Gaming magazines have been dead since they killed PCXL.

I think it's sad people willingly play as gnomes

HUH!

I could've sworn the draw distance was always user set. You could edit it in console and see across continents.

>most dangerous mob in WoW not in the image

>form party
>everyone meets up and travels to the dungeon entrance together
>kill some other dungeon party on the road
>dungeon goes smoothly
>everyone adds each other afterwards

no the draw distance for entities like players and mobs is extremely short in vanilla, it's really annoying

>feeling sad from the WoW nostalgia
>just found out an old friend has killed themselves

>Ghost through a door in the IF throne room
>Wow I'm so great.

You ever summon your entire 40 man raid team to Hyjal, fag?

you can technically join the scarlet crusade if you get their tabard from one of herod's trainees or whatever

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474829763600.webm

>removed heavy weather effects
kys blizzard

that doesn't do anything
you can technically "join" them if you got corrupted ashbringer

That was like, babby's first forbidden zone.

>tfw at level 10 or so i went with two other rogues, 13 and 15 (woah so high level!) into westfall in search of the defias mask
it was an amazing adventure and we got our masks after some serious farming

>tfw day dreaming about that nights BWL raid while in high schoool

was a good time buds, sadly its long gone

>blizzard made gnomes fuckable

Blizzards greatest achievement in WoD?

>goibon uden lo!

>finding new gnome models attractive

GIVE EM THE STICK

DON'T GIVE EM THE STICK!!

do you know my dad?OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

>finding old gnome models attractive
I mean, at least they have more than 20 polygons right now.

>tfw never made themed guild for defias brotherhood or scarlet crusade
>never hoarded gear that respective members wear and had large number of guildies dressed as members
>never took over largely abandoned set pieces in the game and used as a base to raid other player from

Maybe it's the autist in me, but the idea of having a guild dressed as one of the smaller factions in the game and taking over certain areas sounds really fun in concept In Vanilla of course

But the environment still has 10 polygons max

Now that you mention it, a pirate guild would be pretty sweet.

did blizz ever explained why they didnt merge blood elfs location with rest of the continent during cata?

>there will always be people who claim nostalrius was a bad thing

Probably didn't have the resources :(

>so dumb they hosted it where Blizz could get it shut down
baka desu senpai

Because it's TBC content. It's actually a part of the Outlands map; you can get there by flying from Black Temple IIRC.

A few expansions back there was a way to get past the invisible wall outside of Black Temple and continue flying to the east. Eventually you'd see both the Draenei isles and the Blood Elf forests. If you died while enough far to the east you would spawn at one of the graveyards in those zones.

they could just cut and paste it, it doesnt even have to be 100% identical copy, it was cata, they could just destroy some mountains or shit, i bet they have tools for that

the weapon puts a quiver on you, but theres no actual quiver bags anymore

>Havent played in two years
>Just downloaded client

Is it even worth it to try again?

It's better than the last few expansions.

Nah, cherish the memories. Going back makes you realise how shit everything has become.

barely better than wod, what are you talking about?

That your taste is as good as your ability to get repeating digits.

wow, that would actually make darnassus remotely accessible. Seriously why would you go back there. Even flying took fucking hours. Even the base in dustwallow marsh was better as capital.

>all but blizzard's own personal pet classes (druid, mage) getting gutted left right and center
>NO OFFSPECS ALLOWED
>NO ALTS ALLOWED
>better than wod
yeah okay dude

What changed about them?

Both Night Elves and Blood Elves were so cool in War 3 and now they at times have 180 personality changes in their culture.

b-but muh infinite daily quests, muh ap grinding, muh mythics++++

>waaaah, why can't Blizzard let me do everything all at once

Fuck you people. Fuck you in the ass. Do you have any idea how much gold was spent on respecs back in the day? How long it took to level?

Don't you fucking dare talk about alts and offspecs. Fuck you.

That quest chain was insane though. First you had to kill a shitload of mobs on the farms west. Then you had to kill a shitload of mobs in the townhall at the farms
Then you had to kill an entire mine
Then you had to kill fucking elites

I miss everyone gathering in Ironforge. Stormwind is way too fucking cramped compared to Orgrimmar.

>whitemane cap would hide your hair

seriously if ferelas and azshara pre-fucking aren't your favorite zones you need to stop having different opinions than me

and silverpine. and gilneas could've been good but fuck worgens and their lore apparently

Listening to this youtube.com/watch?v=a4E02mM6yyE and farming stuff there was super comfy though

>infinite daily quests
you mean the quests you did while leveling up (and raising an alt if you're this nuts) that cycle every 3 days?
>ap grinding
hard to stay cutting edge when said edge is dulled every 5 days because of artifact knowledge
>muh mythics++++
i got nothing

Well I don't know what class you were playing "back then" but I'm sure back then your entire spec didn't get completely shafted via hotfixes smack dab in the middle of a patch.
In Legion we see entire classes taking it up the ass, see: Warlocks, Death Knights

It was nice to play BE after so long but jesus every fucking person played them. Then there was also the fact that you had crazy racial bonuses, like a silence and for rogues an energy recharge and silence.

Then dreanei had +1% hit making them crazy good for any raid ever.

Meanwhile some old factions like trolls had throwing specialisation and a bonus against beasts. Berzerk and regen were utterly useless.

Male Dwarf Brewmaster

they had all the TBC content on the outlands map and they decided it works and they shouldnt fix what isnt broken.

I remember the outland/BE lands load screen having braids in flowing hair. My boner when

The trek through the barrens was a fucking nightmare on my server, since the local alliance guilds would raid the barrens towns for sport constantly. The place was fucking crawling with level 60s, while my level 30 ass would have to stick to the hills to maintain a low profile.

Now I'm getting nostalgic.

human men look so fucked up

Ret Paladin motherfucker, don't even talk to me about getting shafted.

Fucking Shamans had to rebuild their weapon skill every time they respec'd. You had to carry three sets of armor on the off chance your guild wanted a healer instead of a tank (lol dps).

This is why private servers dont work. I already know everything of WoW. I know every quest I need to do at every moment, I know which raids to do, I know which parts you can skip in BRD, I know what gear drops with what chance, I know what quests set you up with gear you need for raids, I know how to deal with each boss in each raid and know what gear is needed.

The only info hard to find is more obscure shit that got changed with cata and thus got filed under obsolete content

WC3 ROC ending shouldve made most kalimdor forces neutral to eachother. Not this shit you had in ashenvale.

Nagrand has to be the comfiest out of all of them
>farming those element things for engineering up above the waterfall in the north

>Blizzard is betting on a four or five year life cycle

Oh boy

SW had baller aesthetics, Ironforge is a hole in the ground filled with lava and sweaty dwarves. SW always was noob town though, endgame shifted towards Lordaeron so at high levels practically everyone was HS'd to IF since it was closer to everything. Every time I went back to SW someone begged me for gold. Always with the fucking beggars in SW.

I know it's a meme at this point, but blizzcon is soon and there is a very good chance they will mention legacy servers (probably the best chance we will get).
It's important that we (assuming "we" want legacy server or servers) keep the attention high on the matter, but staying respectful and keeping shitposting on twitter to a minimum.

It could all be for nothing, who knows, and blizzard may shit the bed when they do legacy anyhow (fairly likely), but realistically this blizzcon is the best shot at making something happen.
Legion has been out long enough that any announcement won't intrude on it, and now'ish would be the time to bring in potential new subs by way of legacy subscriptions (which I'm sure would also cause some hopping to or from Legion).

Last I read, "pristine servers" was an abandoned idea and hopefully it stays that way.
Just imagine how fun an official progressive legacy server would be if done right?

It's not hard to google "WoW Vanilla Server" and get a list of private servers handed to you. If blizz wanted, they could C&D each and every one.

Nostalrius was targeted only because it had the best scripting, had a solid development team, had great tech behind it, and had a sizeable community. It was simply "too blizzlike" or "too good". That's why it was shut down.

>be warrior
>be blacksmith
>some priest runs up to me and begs me for an enchanting rod but he is broke so he cannot buy one
>say sure, add him as friend so he can pay me later
>never get paid
>much later
>guy chats to me and says he got a great enchant to pay for the rod
>chat up and later be the core of many raid as main healer and main tank

>retadin
not even him but shitters like you who pick the dps spec over the other two support specs don't deserve any sympathy

They were not expecting the game to be the colossal juggernaut it became. They just wanted it to break even when they started.

did he drop good loot

>horde gets their first designated hole race in TBC
>all those paladin sluts defecting from alliance trying to tank
>making them bend over for my wide tauren totem pole and heal me instead

I didn't ask for sympathy, I just said don't cry like a little bitch.

This game hands players everything on a silver platter now. Goddamn cry babies.

>shaman drops Windfury totem

I believe you could get friends with pirates in STV by doing quests and then once youre neutral start killing booty bay guards.

Too bad you couldnt build guilds around anything. Its just a glorified friend list group

>shaman drops WF
>you're a BEAR

>Dueling a shaman outside of Orgrimmar a couple of times in Vanilla.
>Hang out and talk shit with the people who usually duels there.
>Got me a guild invite to the second best horde guild on the server in TBC because of his recommendation.

It's funny how night elves equally disliked the humans and orcs in ROC.
I don't know why they had to have 2 faction system. If the player was neutral from the bat and there were dozens of joinable factions (with maybe 4 great powers)... that woulda been neat.

You still can

>private server
>jewed so hard I hit the gold limit
>empty my pocket to solve the beggar issue
>run to mailbox
>remax my gold count
>then max levels started to beg me for money

Because two is optimal for PVP.

remember when you used to camp shitters in STV

Nothing is more comfy than goldshire that's just fact

FFA is optimal for PvP...

>>farming those element things for engineering up above the waterfall in the north
Best PvP spot. Also nice mobs to farm while waiting for new people to come.

they shut it down because of huge online number, the same happened to scape, and it was shit, blizz wont bother with 1000 online server even if they had 100% identical scripting as retail

well, mm huntards got them in legion

They're back.

Higher res.

Tauren shitters are the worst.

>duel shaman
>beat him 3 times
>suddenly he windfury procs his ass off and I lose without even making a dent
Even though it was fucking retarded and I thought it was stupid at the time looking back at it nerfing all these things really took away some of the cool shit. Like every class had its crazy shit, some useless, some OP. Like how warlock and shaman got multiple lvl 40 talents in one tree.

you just stand ready with that silence and heal there healslut (male)

I recognize you, youre that shithead that harasses people on atlantiss right?

Easier to manage. For example there was in MC a boss with fear, horde had UD warriors with WotF and tremor totems on shamans to deal with it. Alliance had fear ward to deal with it. Also alliance had paladin, horde had shaman. If they made more factions they would have to make more faction specific classes, more zones, balance more zones, make sure every faction had every class, balance player numbers and deal with a bunch of other shit. Making one map with no loadscreens was already a big thing. Making a complex faction system would just be too much

NE hated everyone because they just want to chill in trees and not use any magic. Then humans and orcs work together, use magic, and cut trees

I kinda know that feel

>WolfCenturian
>Hell of a guy.
>Start off hating each other.
>End of being great friends.
>Trade phone numbers, talk once in a while.
>vidya a lot
>Joins the Marines
>Get's deployed.
>Calls me on skype while in country.
>Communications get spotty from here on
>don't hear from him for 2 years
>Check facebook
>killed by a drunk driver while home between deployments
>Found article
>Cry like a bitch.

God speed, you chili bastard.

Any tbc raiding mages? Was it fun, what spec were the specs like?

i will never not be angry about this

doesnt get you anything. It feels like a loose end.

UD locks were pretty good all around provided you had gear.

Near the end of the expansion, after they fixed the class at least.

What were the specs like*

What are you angry about?

same

about what.

dreanei
dreanei mage
dreanei porn
dreanei looking like neo zerg?

The ideas I had about WoW before I actually started playing vanilla make me far more nostalgic than actual vanilla WoW ever will.

I was just coming off of Warcraft 3 TFT, not knowing much about MMORPGs in general but being a big fan of Warcraft lore. Then I would read about all the potential things that were supposedly planned to be in the game back when the WoW forums were on the old B.Net forums. It honestly sounded a lot more sandboxy when Blizzard was talking about the game back in alpha and pre-alpha. We heard things about hero classes and being able to switch factions if you worked for it. What we actually ended up with was a shell of the grand idea, and it kills me that people actually get nostalgic over something that, in reality, haven't even changed that much.

All of that "sense of community" and "fun world exploring" that vanilla had were because of old artifacts left over from early stages of development before they decided to go in the direction of this theme-park style MMORPG they have now. None of those things in vanilla WoW were really meant to be, and what was left over was broken and didn't really fit with what the game was already becoming. WoW was pretty much dead inside from the start.

I loved enchant shamms, great healing, massive spell damage, huge mana pools... The most fun were high warlord +tier 2.5 trinkets/ gear. Nonstop 1-2 shotting everything. Also played high warlord rogue that was devastating

Thank you I had forgotten about that one.

Pretty sure most people were fire back then. Some Arcane here and there, which involved Arcane Blast and smacking Presence of Mind every cooldown.

>finally reach max level 70 on my Ret Paladin
>join a BG
>before the battle starts, someone walks up to me
>"retlol"
RET PALADINS ARE AMAZING ITS SO MUCH FUN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING PLEASE DON'T BULLY

This. Sandboxiness was basically completely abandoned. Structure is nice for endgame, but making the leveling process a journey from point A to point B killed it, and I'll argue this heatedly.

I had no idea the quest chain was like that. Me and two buddies would spend all day going around in a circle from the farms, to the mine, to the dwarf keep, and back once we hit level 30, killing every Horde player we came across.

It was fucking bliss.

I remember jerking it to this all the time.

>and it kills me that people actually get nostalgic over something that
while a lot was missing there were also a lot of great things that were included. Shit like one big world you can walk through. Different professions and zones and a lot more. They had the game in production for a long time and I think in the end they cut down on a lot in order to actually be able to ship something. Things like questing and the rested state to make it less grindy, Im sure they had more planned on that department but in the end it never took off. I remember in open beta that if you had alchemy crafting something would spawn a use cauldron where you would stir in as animation. In the end it was just the basic animation with two flasks in your hands. The shaman healing is actually a druid cast animation they never took care off. Meanwhile they had a special lightning animation even though it was mostly used for shamans casting lightning bolt. However implementing all that stuff never was something they couldve done and what they did manage to produce was good enough.

>leveling on vanilla private server
>most points in ret because leveling
>keep any int gear i find to use in dungeons
>get invited as healer to heal a dungeon
>when i get there someone notices my 2hander before i switch to healer gear and won't stfu about "this guy is ret get a new healer wtf"
>dungeon obviously goes fine
I don't even understand how the game is 12 years old but people still don't know paladins can just wear int gear and heal leveling dungeons just fine. Do people honestly expect paladins to level as full holy?

Kronos
don't fall for the /waiting for Crestfall/ posters before this they were /waiting for Elysium/ which turned out to be fucking shit and Crestfall will be the same
Kronos is just as good as Nost was and is now the most populated private server
Make sure you play on Kronos 2 though cause Kronos 1 has like 1/10th the players

It was a horde quest. As soon as you came out of silverpine forest you walked by the farm and was like "jesus a lot of mobs and im far away from the sepulchre lets get to the next town". Then the guy in the middle of town tells you to fuck everything up. First a bunch of workers on the farm, then you would have to move into the townhall, which often meant multiple mobs at the same time. So it was really neat because every UD player did that quest so you had to group up. Im amazed you survived there. Barely any ally players did hillsbrad while every UD would come there. Its like ashenvale in reverse. There you had a shitload of NE with a few orcs and trolls

It was always odd to find the occasional moron who didn't understand that you could heal fine without being specced for healing.
I was shadow specced in vanilla since most of the time I'm killing mobs solo and I wanted that to go faster.

>Im amazed you survived there
To be fair the primary reason I went to Hillsbrad was because my friends and I wanted to kill people. It was a semi organized trio versus many times more randoms.

What's the fucking point? What is stopping Blizzard from shutting down Kronos or any other private server like they did with Nostalrius? You're gonna play and have fun and then Blizzard is going to take it all away from you.

i miss the old forum layout
i miss the old website layout too

I guess the point is to have fun.

Nothing is wrong with Elysium except for the population being lower.
Crestfall sounds great on paper but you're right that it may end up being a meme.
However, wtf. Why would you defend fucking kronos? Pets barely work, chat is constant chracter trading/selling spam, pvp is dead except for bonus weekends (and even then is pure cancer). Jaded and bitter euroneet worthless community (that may be any private server, tho).
K2 certainly isn't the worst server but it's nothing special at fucking all. I'm not even mentioning the bigger obvious things like regen being overtuned, glancing blows bug (lol), etc. Plus it dc's every 10 minutes. How does a server that has a fucking CASH SHOP have such shitty servers?

Population is the most important thing to vanilla, at least in my opinion, so k2 has that. But unless you're invested with a geared 60 there isn't really much to like about the server at this point. Most normies realize that and are waiting for Crestfall or legacy at this point (and they may end up fucked but still).

they mad they retconned wc3 draenei into the broken ones or whatever and gave alliance another pretty race
typical right winger mentality

Hey, mind explaining what you mean about sandbox and how it might have differed from what we got?

the best was being a feral druid and healing though
>have more than 1 resto druid in a raid
>they take this talent and talent down to nature's swiftness in resto tree
>raid druid spec is 0/30/21
>can offtank if needed since they're bear specced still

I'd even get shit from people when grouping for an elite quest. The retlol thing is so ingrained and most are just repeating memes they read about anyhow. Still very curious.
Enhance shamans get it as well as most shamans level enhance.

Yeah early dungeons were pretty easy as long as people did their job. It was actually the only place where hybrid classes worked. They could fill the role adequately without being completely outclassed or being as strong as parent classes.

I think in hindsight holy pre lvl 40 was actually better for leveling than shadow. Sure you get the 5 points in spirit tap, but then you get the talents in holy for faster smite, more crit on smite, and other stuff that boosts your damage. Then respec when you get to level 40 for shadow form. The fact that smite is cast rather than channel means the damage is more mana effecient.

enitrely false
enhance shamans are welcomed everywhere up till and including 60 dungeons

It worked fine up until you had to do strat/scholo/DM

Then you needed to be an actual healer since mobs raped the fuck out of tanks that were in fresh greens.

didnt you need resto for the mana regen skill early on?

you just get innervate at like 40 or something i forget what lvl
the only thing you NEED is nature's swiftness to get 2 healing touches off at once
db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0ZxxxscMzxxxcMxo
the 20% more intellect means you don't need as much regen also you'll have more spell crit
i'm specced full feral in that pic with heart of the wild and i have more mana than most mages my level

>I think in hindsight holy pre lvl 40 was actually better for leveling than shadow. Sure you get the 5 points in spirit tap, but then you get the talents in holy for faster smite, more crit on smite, and other stuff that boosts your damage. Then respec when you get to level 40 for shadow form. The fact that smite is cast rather than channel means the damage is more mana effecient.
Wasn't mindflay better than smite?
It's been so long so you may very well be right.

I think I was using mindblast, shadow word pain and mindflay for damage.
Sometimes power word shield to avoid interruptions. Silence to if the mobs spells were annoying.

press F to pay respects

>get whispers from random people asking if I want to tank Stratholme
>I've never been there, man
>told it's fine they just need a tank
>but I'm not even prot
>JUST COME PLEASE
>o-okay
>sweating bullets at first, pulls are a little difficult but nothing particularly horrible
>THE LIVING ARE HERE!
>THE LIVING ARE HERE!
>THE LIVING ARE HERE!
>THE LIVING ARE HERE!
>group falls apart, get bullied to death

>you just get innervate at like 40 or something i forget what lvl
I vaguely remember you had to get it as lvl 40 talent from the resto tree rather than getting it from a trainer. And that talent tree calculator is from the end of vanilla wow.

Motherfucking F.

>strat
No strat was fine as shadow as I remember it, but I may very well have had tanks that were better geared since you often got invites to parties that were ahead of you as a priest.

it's the same tree i got on kronos.

That is correct. Innervate was resto-only until patch 1.11.

Kronos, like almost every other vanilla private server, runs 1.12

>shadow word: pain was considered OP because of its insane damage
>UD gets a second one that also heals them
I felt bad for troll priests, not only did they miss out on devouring plague, shadow guard was only a fraction of the damage of lightning shield.

mindflay is channeling. So if you get hit you lose channel time and thus some damage per cast. Meanwhile smite will still give the same amount of damage per cast, but it just takes longer to cast. Therefore being more efficient. Later when you get more shadow talents that boost your damage and get shadowform shadow is a lot better, but until that smite is more efficient. Im 90% sure. That said most priests looked at their talents, saw spirit tap, and thought, lets go shadow.

plague is nice but i like hex of weakness better for instances
plus you still get a freaking lightning shield for any pvp encounters you might have

Was Starshards ever useful?
Never saw many Nelf spriests so I'm guessing not very.

why do people keep talking about past game experiences in the present tense as if you can still have them?

Private servers never have been and never will be accurate to what the real thing was.

I'm really disappointed with Shadow Priests in Legion.
It just doesn't feel the same anymore.

>have to remove my poisons to benefit from wft
whoever misses the old days is an idiot or never actually played then

>Meanwhile smite will still give the same amount of damage per cast, but it just takes longer to cast. Therefore being more efficient.
Well if smite deals the same damage, but takes longer time than that means it is less efficient, or did I misunderstand you?

Interruptions weren't really an issue due to scream and shield iirc

I loved my useless Shadowguard.
Looked so neat.
Nelves got the coolest priest spells though.

The removal of DP was the last straw for me playing spriest. Over the years, Blizzard has completely removed all utility from spriest to the point where they are just shitty locks without a pet. I still wanted to continue, even after they shoehorned awful resource gimmicks like the shadow orbs or insanity, but I just cannot cope with my favorite spell being removed. As an undead spriest, this has been my favorite spell for fucking years and years and there was literally no reason to remove it.

it's arcane damage
there's not a single thing that does anything for arcane damage in priest talent tree but there's like 3 for shadow so mindflay will always beat it

>I felt bad for troll priests, not only did they miss out on devouring plague, shadow guard was only a fraction of the damage of lightning shield.
They also got Will of the Forsaken.
UD were op.
Will was relevant for priests though. Would've hated to face rogues with Will.

mindflay existed, not only did that have more bonuses, it also slowed

Will was less relevant for priests though.*

Yeah because that's all there was to it eh?

>mfw rogues getting stunned every other hit because of Blackout

>Blizzard has completely removed all utility from spriest to the point where they are just shitty locks without a pet.
Holy shit, fucking this.
I quit Spriest in MoP. I tried to pick it up again recently but the insanity system, and the fact that you have to commit suicide on every boss fight to do optimal damage, is absolutely idiotic.
So glad I switched over to mage.

As terrible as it was with many things (limit on debuffs on bosses, poison crafting that never got any depth, no dual spec, many bizarre balance things) the newness of the world and all the stuff in it really made it cool. If I play a new expansion know I get a precisely doctored out area that puts one on a rollercoaster ride with little options. People around me just pick the optimum shit some guy figured out a week ago on the forums using datamined predictions.

>no dual spec
Imagine WoW without any respecs at all.
What a wonderful World of Warcraft that would be.

>, or did I misunderstand you?
Lets say smite is 100 mana for 100 damage 3 sec cast, and mindflay is 100 mana for 100 damage 2 sec channel.
One mob hit causes 0.5 second disruption and he hits once.
For smite this means you use 100 mana for 100 damage that takes 3.5 second to cast.
For mindflay you use 100 mana for 75 damage in 1.5 second (you lose 25 damage as you channel 0.5 second shorter). So damage wise mindflay is better, but manawise smite is better. As smite is still 1 mana per damage.

>Picking Surrender to Memes
>Ever

I love the mental gymnastics people put themselves through to justify this mentality where if you're not just copying Mythic raiders move for move you're wasting time

Vanilla had more sandboxiness in that there were more opportunities for WPvP, more bugs/exploits that resulted in fun (arguably annoying at times, like boss kiting, but they contributed to that sense of magic), less hand-holdy leveling process (you had to explore the world, talk to people, etc. if you didn't already know what to do next, now we have a bunch of breadcrumb quests) and content that was challenging and meaningfully available to lower leveled characters (vanilla twinking, pre-60 raids [an abandoned concept but technically in game], world bosses/rares, pre-60 PvP titles)

Sandbox basically refers to having less of a rigid structure. A game like that tends to have more community driven activity, and players have more freedom in choosing their own goals instead of just "make it to cap, raid for loot ad infinitum". Maybe something like EVE but that fits with a fantasy universe like Warcraft.

where can find mankorks waife
Really like(d) the zone. Just a lot of running(autorun alt tab np)

>What a wonderful World of Warcraft that would be.
What. It would be terrible. No priest would go shadow because he knows it would ruin his chances as healer in raid. Or paladins have to grind with holy spec if they want to be a healer. Also a lot of talents were noobtraps. Someone grinding for weeks to get to lvl 60 only to find out his +5% into dickslapping is useless would just be disgusting.

Even without StM the class just isn't fun anymore.
I don't know why Blizz thinks they have to completely overhaul every single spec each time an expansion comes out. It gets to the point where classes become unrecognizable compared to what they used to be and as far as Blizz is concerned people who liked the older mechanics better can just go fuck themselves.

Allkill ist that you
Is see you

Tirisfal glades were pretty sweet. Those ruined towers holding some scarlet crusade fighters, that random farm with still normal humans. Deathknell with zombies walking all over the place. Especially crazy was one quest where you had to head towards the scarlet monastery and then take a left to get to another tower and kill some mobs. I took the right and ran straight into the scarlet monastery.

it wasn't fun being a mana battery either

Blizzard has NEVER had any idea what to do with Shadow, I don't see why they even bothered making a non-Holy damage spec

man there are so many surviving pockets of humans in Lordaeron
fucking rats

>Also a lot of talents were noobtraps. Someone grinding for weeks to get to lvl 60 only to find out his +5% into dickslapping is useless would just be disgusting.

You know he deserves it

I fucking loved our shadow priest in tbc. It was amazing always having his toaster pc laggy ass in my group letting me spam heal forever.

>I don't see why they even bothered making a non-Holy damage spec
I think they had to have shadow there to tie in the troll voodoo in there so they could be called priests.

what happened to the snow storm and rain storms you got in vanilla?

I loved being a mana battery.

>Decide to make use of all the offspec loot I've been amassing through raiding.
>Go ret for the weekend ZA fun run.
>Chug through a month's worth of mana potions for holy raiding in one run.
Ret sure was weird up until WOTLK.

>Blizzard is deathly afraid of putting in new high-res bikini armors
Where is muh Hunter fantasy?

Needed this.

Go demon hunter if you want underboob, overboob, exposed backs and midrift and whatnot.

Id say its more about UD being priests than trolls. That said shadow makes more sense since a bunch of holy damage spells would be weird. What would SWP be, holy word: antirenew? Also holy damage was different in that it didnt have resistances or any of that crap.

there's still storms in WoW, although now there's pets you can catch during these storms

WoW still doesn't have this level of lighting

people complained that it made it hard to see so Blizzard removed them.

>Ret sure was weird up until WOTLK.
Ret already got a huge help in BC. Consecrate earth was a stock spell, rather than having to dip in holy. The talent tree got a bunch of improvements, the final talent wasnt a fucking incapacitate (REALLY, when you already get a fucking stun as stock ability, you give a fucking incapacitate, that only works on humanoids), and you had angle wing buff

All that under/sideboob would look amazing on the bigger breasted races. Shame DHs are limited to elves.

horde paladins were decent dps in bc, seal of blood was rad.
i'd kill my mom for a non-shit tbc server. The best we have is dead shitty garbage.

>Fear ward

>Kronos is just as good as nost
no

>single shot you cannot move the camera off
>light rays are just transparent textures
>the shadows under the trees are just textures they darkened to make them look shadowy
>shadow on model probably the same, making it look weird if she would run
WC3 is made on an engine they already spend a long time making, WC3 looked poor because of that. Only good textures could save those low poly models. Then they modified that ancient engine into the WoW engine, which now is 20 years old

I'll be there on day 1 if Blizz announces TBC legacy servers.

Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine.

>In one hand I have the human pill, if you swallow this you get feedback, once you wake up you will forget you have multiple race specific spells and only use desperate prayer
>in the other hand I have the dwarf pill, if you swallow this you get fear ward, which is fucking baller and you will see how deep molten core really goes

>Behind the scenes of TBC.
>Female draenei moans are done by some 50+ saggy tits lady.

The population of the Nost PVE server was perfect.

also I forgot about the part in vanilla where pala buffs only lasted 5 minutes and had to be reapplied one by one instead of mass blessings. Or when judgements were 30 seconds

That said if you got a shield spike you could AoE farm really well and get a lot of shit done.

i think i remember aoe farming as a paladin more of a tbc thing than vanilla but i could be wrong.
i know farming DM is doable as holy with gear but think full on aoe grinding was more a prot paladin tbc thing. i could be high.

>PVE server

>Be pally
>Solo everything as prot

lol

Holy shit that story. If that's for real I gotta applaud the effort those guys went to.

>All those spells at lvl 43
Man...

It was 10x better than the two foot draw distance and chinkspam filled PVP server

I miss having her on the loading screen.

>rogue in 4/4 with Azzinoths getting stunned from Touch of Weakness + Blackout on his opening from stealth
My dick was harder than diamonds.

Post those good music tracks boys

youtube.com/watch?v=iyEAlMKUzbM

Booty Bay at sunrise/sunset was pure comfiness

also Dalaran is comfiest city by far
youtube.com/watch?v=oPQ5aeAhylg

ok

youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4QT59KQYM

I disagree. I actually loved being a mana battery and healing everyone slightly throughout the fights. Sure my dps was garbage compared to almost all other classes, but I still contributed to ever encounter. Now VE is on like a 3 min cd and replenishment is gone.

>dungeon goes smoothly

Most of the time this did not happen. But if it did, we would normally farm the shit out of the area to get gear.

Even though I was a BE Palladin, I stayed at level 39 and 60 for a few weeks just to get gear and pvp. Would almost never die as prot unless they ganged up on me or the other player was insanely good.

Yes, I miswrote that. What I meant was that in early vanilla paladin was mindnumbing as it was just a buffbot.

In TBC (and late vanilla) they helped them out by making blessings less draining. And in TBC they improved some shit allowing you to AOE grind, like stock consecrate, better damage and spells.

>>rogue in 4/4 with Azzinoths getting stunned from Touch of Weakness + Blackout on his opening from stealth

so anime
>Rogue gets stunned
>You: muda da
>Rogue: n-nani kore?!

>guys im on the pve server because of the quality
>not because i cant handle wpvp without crying all fucking day and night like a faggot
>not because i can't find a way to improve and defeat enemies
>not because i can't handle a skull level character /spit emoting on me in stv while corpse camping me and my wife's son
>REALLY GUYS ITS THE DRAW DISTANCE
I bet you play Legion and complain about no flying, don't you?

I never ever thought I would miss this expansion.

I fucking miss it badly. I have not even bought the newest one. I bought the last one and it was god fucking awful.

I'll be honest, I really like the Anduin theme they keep using throughout Legion. If there's one thing that hasn't gotten worse in WoW, it's the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=EvWH1KKOsoY

>Sentinels still don't have

you didn't even play on nost did you?

I wonder what Silvermoon, Azuremyst/Bloodmyst and Outland would look like if the Art team made it today.
It would probably look rad as shit since that's one part of Blizz that hasn't gotten worse over the years.

>being this mad because someone plays on a PVE server
holy shit, minigamers need to get a life

I had at least 5 sets on me as a pally. 3 for pve and 2 for pvp. I didn't tank for pvp. Too bad ret is pretty shafted now.

I'm waiting for corecraft senpai

Realistically, how many more expansions can they do? Legion is definitely a step up from the previous few, but I feel like the limitations of WoW's engine are quickly catching up with them.

>Spending an entire day in AV trying to force your way to a victory
>log off
>log back on next day and queue
>its the same AV as the day before
I will never forgive Blizzard for gutting that battleground

the only part of WoW that's objectively gotten worse is the community

>word of mouth made the game balloon in population, people had real life friends playing that they'd play with and were helpful
>people who were there because of the RTSes got the conclusion they wanted with the death of Arthas and left the game
>The community that's left is mainly people too entrenched in WoW to play anything else who think being a bleeding edge mythic raider is the only thing there is to enjoy about the game and demand you link a Xavius kill one week after EN is released and have an ilvl of 865

I did play on nost, and the pve server wasn't a drastic improvement. Yeah, the chinese were a big problem.
However it's totally fine to prefer no pvp but you don't have to tell fibs to other anons, user.

>Nostalgia WoW thread.
>Not a single metion to [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker].

What, we cant have this.

What is your favorite thing about your favorite weapon, [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?

>tfw been playing on one private vanilla server to the next
Someone shoot me. I can't break my addiction.

>I did play on nost, and the pve server wasn't a drastic improvement
So you didn't actually play on it. The PVE server actually had a decent draw distance unlike the PVP where you couldn't see anything more than a foot in front of you.

ret is complete garbage in legion. Mind numbingly boring in pve (maybe that's the intention?) and terrible in pvp (and once again needs to be with a hunter for 3s when the hunter can find other better partners).
I have no idea why they reworked judgement into a shitty colossus smash. I don't know why they felt empowered seals needed to go. I don't mind "class fantasy" or whatever meme they are going with, but i can't stand not having options. As it is the only options that stand out are single target dps vs shitty aoe dps. Being more kited than a dk doesn't help either.

From my experience its mostly old people who played WoW when they were young that are still around. They now have a family and a job and their entertainment is putting a few hours in WoW.

>Pre-expansion event had some an impending feeling of doom
>Broken Shore leadup builds everything to be a literal suicide mission with no hope of coming back home

>Legion actually launches
>It's okay guys the Legion has somehow invaded six zones across the world but now they just hang out in broken Shore all day.
>Only a handful of forces are anywhere else
>No giant military forces are needed, we have the superhero squad of to single handedly fuck all demons with a single weapon that has a fairy tale attached to it

"Legion". More like "Magical Meth Heads and Moosecows." Come to think of it, TBC was basically hijacked by magic meth heads and spacegoats.

It was cool in theory, but in practice it was shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=h9LjmwG-9Hg

I know where but why did it all go so wrong?

>trade being stupid
>anal [item]
>thunderfury, blessed blade of the windseeker]
>harry potter and [item]

>burgers and fishsticks

Pallies sucked up until Wrath, period. And even then Holy still didn't have any real AOE healing.

Yeah, I'm in a nostalgia thread so i can lie about playing on nost, you fucking nerd.
The draw distance was better on pve but still not amazing. Both servers ran like fucking shit. The trade off of not being able to murder dickface wizards is way too much to justify unless you simply hate vanilla pvp. Which is fine, you can own that.

WOW pathetic kid do you not value your time more than to absolutly WASTE it on kronos?? LYING devs, SHIT stabiltity, OVERTUNED gear, UNDERTUNED raids..... WHY subject yourserlf to that?
play retail until crestfall like anyone with a brain is doing

Where are the nost refugees at now?
Still kronos?

>weapon
here was my favorite item

TBC was perfect for AV. Would last hours, but not days. It was ok at the start of wrath, but by the end it had become the zergfest we know today.

Lack of content between expansions & missing a tier of raiding cata+

>The draw distance was better on pve but still not amazing
>Both servers ran like fucking shit.
Why do you still keep trying to pretend you played on Nost? It's not impressing anyone. The PVE server was in much better condition since the pop was basically a full retail server. You're literally talking out of your ass to pretend like dealing with a shit server makes you tough somehow. Pretty pathetic man.

THE SOULFLAYER CUMS

>TBC was perfect for AV. Would last hours, but not days.

fuck off casual

>Would last hours, but not days
but the whole days long fights were hilarious

>even a retard like tucker knows how garbage kronos is
Kronos is basically a funserver pretending to be blizzlike. Elysium is better but empty compared to K2. All other vanilla options are even shittier.
It's a sad time.

>Where are the nost refugees at now?

Most of them live on a private island owned by Blizzard now.
They're used for team building excercises where blizzard employes hunt them down for sport.

I miss my old guilds and friends.
I don't miss Scholo class runs or falling for the raid meme only to end up cleansing bitches for hours.

WoW as a game was mostly horrible, but turned out very enjoyable with the right people. I don't know why but I haven't been able to get into similar guilds when I tried coming back (MoP and now Legion). I've tried getting along in a dozen guilds and maybe make some friends in dungeons (tank), but it just didnt take.

Funny thing is back then I thought that desperately about getting a girlfriend, now things are turned around and I just want to have a game where I can log in and chill with people, laid back and no bullshit.

>Used to play on an RP server
>Tried to come up with a unique kind of character personality
>Decided to play an Undead Warlock who wasn't in it for the power, but just wanted some demons to chat with
>Because of this, the demons became good friends with him
>Paladins/priests used to always want to kill me because of my use of demonic magic
>Said I would gladly fight them as long as they agree that if I kill them, there'd be no repercussions
>They would normally agree because I never leveled past 40 and they were generally lvl 70 in full raid gear
>Almost 80% of the time, they'd let me have the first move as if to show they were going to absolutley destroy me
>Cast immolation
>Inside their lungs
>Instant suffocation
>No one had a counter for it
>After them screaming at me ooc how bullshit it was I told them to have a nice day

>you'll never take your twink rogue into Hellfire and gank leveling clothies ever again
;_;

They didn't know how to heal?

BETTER LOOT IT, LOOKS IMPORTANT

>some 60 guildie offered to give some of us noobs a run through SFK
>had to walk there
>as a human
>after the 60+ minute journey I got to do this haunted castle dungeon filled with werewolves that was the complete tits
>only dungeon I ever did back then besides the GM running me through Deadmines once and some WC runs with my horde guild pals

later
>see people with awesome titles
>The Explorer sounds badass, and one I can wear with pride since this world is fucking huge right?
>approximately level 30
>covered the entire globe
>on foot
>got fucking cock blocked out of my achievement and title since you had to be fucking 70 to get to Quel'danas
>got it later when I came back around cata/mop but it didn't feel as cool since flying trivialized the achievement

I still use it on my warrior that walked the world though

>roleplay fighting without dice rolls or a predetermined ending

you didnt even need food, there was a fucking glyph that made mend pet feed your pet for free

>being horde trying to do AV in vanilla
>that fucking alliance bridge of hellish eternity

Man it was a vicious cycle but I still enjoyed it. People actually could complete objectives and summons. Always funny to see a summon happen but then amount to nothing because someone would kite it away.

no thanks

Shame I didn't really like WoW.
Those titles always seemed cool and it would've been fun to grab explorer or insane.

Glyphs didn't always exist, precious lil' wrathbabby.

>oops, brb, forgot to buy arrows

HOW DO YOU FUCKING SHITS FORGET TO BUY ARROWS JESUS FUCK, YOU LITERALLY NEED THEM TO ATTACK YOU GODDAMNED CUMSTAINS

FUCK HUNTERS

There were choke points at the horde base, but they definitely weren't as bad as that. Horde won most BGs in my battle group until cata. Too many shitters didn't know what to do any more then.

>that feel when you get to be a raid boss

Well, they were instantly suffocated, and no one around seemed smart enough to heal them after I'd done it. Plus it was mainly Belfs so no one seemed to care.

It was predetermined. I was going to win

Man I really loved the starting BE areas. They were so good. Especially the transitioning between them. Going from beautiful eversong with the underlying hints of something being wrong and then crossing over to the next area with everything gone to hell.

Vanil: Hillsbrad
BC: Terokkar Forest
Wrath: Howling Fjord (also favorite zone ever)
Cata: Uldum
Mists: Jade Forest
Warlords: Gorgrond.
Legion: High Mountain.