The Bioshock Collection

Just bought this, never played them. Am I in for a good time?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-bioshock-collection-face-off
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why don't you just play them and find out instead of asking Cred Forums pointless questions

Cause I cant play until tuesday.

guy gets you to do stuff by saying "would you kindly" at the start of every sentence

2 is the best video game.

1 has a good story but the weakest video game.

Infinite is pretty divisive, personally I found to be fun with a dumb story.

No no, Infinite was the weakest game, and also weakest story.

/Thread

At least from what I played of Bio1, enemies are pretty bullet spongey

What platform? B1 """"""remastered"""""" has an awful PC port, buggy, crashy and with very little customizable options

>enemies are pretty bullet spongey

>using bullets and not frozen wrench or throwing bees into people's mouths

bioshock is full of OP shit that makes the game hilariously fun

true. There's little reason to use anything other than RPG and shotgun, all other weapons are too weak for enemies after Fort Frolic. Crossbow would be useful, if aim controls weren't so clunky.
I ended up upgrading monkey wrench to max, and just bashed everyone to death

>eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-bioshock-collection-face-off
>However, it has to be said that the cutbacks to visual features - PS4 texture filtering apart - don't really tend to impact on the quality of the game experience and only become evident in direct side-by-side comparisons. Unfortunately, BioShock Infinite on both PS4 and Xbox One is marred by some very choppy performance. 1080p60 is the target and initially it seems as if the developer has done a good job here on the port, but as you progress through the opening level, it becomes clear that the consoles suffer from the same kind of streaming problems that marred the original PC version of the game. On top of that, as both PS4 and Xbox One operate from relatively slow laptop-style hard drives, it actually feels a whole lot worse, with the Microsoft platform in particular suffering badly with some mammoth frame-time spikes.
>Coming out of this one, it's clear that PC owners get the best deal here. If you own BioShock and its sequel, you get immediate access to the remasters, effectively giving you a choice between two visions of the game. You can sample the new work and see if it's for you, or just drop back to the original releases if you feel that the changes go a little too far. Additionally, PC hardware can push beyond the limitations of the consoles and deliver the locked 60fps experience we want. On top of that, BioShock Infinite may not be perfect in its PC incarnation, but it's light on CPU and GPU resources, highly scalable and looks better than the console versions, running better on a wide range of hardware.
>consoles cant run games from 2007
L M A O
M
A
O
>consolecucks will pay 60$ for this

>fun to just use a wrench all game and not all the tools

plebs that do that aint shit

Buggy as hell. Also don't ask Cred Forums for vista advice.

>In terms of visual features, texture filtering is of a remarkably poor quality on PS4 (looking much better on Xbox One), while bloom effects are dialled down, PC's higher quality depth of field gets a downgrade while ambient occlusion also suffers. Shadow quality is also significantly reduced too. There are other curiosities too, such as some missing reflections on the PS4 version of the game. Xbox One holds up, perhaps owing to its access to the DirectX 11 API.
>missing reflections on the PS4 version of the game
>ps4 cant handle simple reflections

patch to fix the mouse out yet?

edit ini's just like original game, its literally the same fix

couldn't get it to work editing the ini. Probably missed a step, but I'll just wait for the patch

frozen wretch is an example of many. hence full of OP shit. hypnotize and bullseye are OP as as shit and nobody even bothers to use them.

>it becomes clear that the consoles suffer from the same kind of streaming problems that marred the original PC version of the game.
Might be because current gen consoles are made off cheap PC parts, rather than dedicated hardware.

smacking people to death is more fun than just shooting them, or letting others to shoot them

why dont you play the original instead of the remaster

cause this remaster version is worse

1 was fantastic. The best immersion in the series.
2 had better gameplay, good storytelling, and the best endings.
3 had decent gameplay, a couple of nice twists, and an ending that makes you stop and think for a while.

Very satisfying series.

see
>Cause I cant play until tuesday
He ordered physical copy, so he's using either XB1 or PS4, and these are not backward compatible with prev gen

i just dont understand why after infinite Cred Forums put on rose tinted goggles when talking about 2

to me it was the worst game in series. The guns in the game felt like absolute shit with no impact to them and the drill felt like it had no power because if you were to drill someones face in it takes like 6 secs to kill one enemy with it. The levels were boring and unmemorable compared to original and characters were shit. While the game allowed you to use plasmids and guns at the same time and the tonic system was made simpler which i see as improvements to original it still doesnt get near nowhere original in terms of quality

1 is alright. If you've somehow avoided story spoilers then leave this thread immediately. 2 has great gameplay compared to the first and the plot is okay. Infinite has a stupid plot that you'll start noticing holes in quickly and boring gameplay compared to the first two.

No you wasted your money and furthermore you're gay

>an ending that makes you stop and think for a while

Yeah, makes you stop and think, "Where the fuck was this even going, and what the hell does this solve"