Turns out I actually aim significantly better in fps games using a trackball over a regular mouse

Turns out I actually aim significantly better in fps games using a trackball over a regular mouse.
I bought a trackball for the hell of it, turns out they're actually pretty fucking good.
any other trackball fags here?

Didn't several early Quake pros use trackballs?

No
and no,
faggots probably tried, but best quakers had a ballmouse at the time
do not recommend, you'll always have a better aim with the wrist/arm combo than just your thumb

I used to use a kensington expert mouse in the orignial UT days. Being able to spin in circles continuously with analog control is something that you don't miss until you don't have it.

Overall though, I'm still better with a standard mouse.

>ballmouse
that shit was a bitch and a half to clean

I used a trackball for all my PC gaming for most of my childhood and early adolescence.

Got pretty good with it

I still have my wired one but the sensors starting to go so i had to start using my wireless one. Fucking sucks that the oldrr ones go for ao much nowerdays. Also i would like to be able to use a regular optical for games but they tend to hurt my wrist after a while.

oh yeh so fucking hard dude...real hard...

mmm delicious ball dirt

Ha me and a friend used to always take the balls out of the ones we had at school and then throw them away or something

Not really. Unscrew the bottom, and use a toothpick to get rid of any excess lint/dirt.

Takes maybe 30-40 seconds, and you only have to do it 1-2x a year. I still use my Win98 ballmouse.

Been using a Kensington Slimblade for about a year. I'll probably never go back to a normal mouse desu

I played a little bit of CS:S and sucked ass with it, but I'm not really big into shooters in general

You fucking retarded?

Trackball is bad.

Used it for a long time in AvP2 multiplayer. Couldnd get better. Changed to normal mouse and suddenly was one of the better players.

Made a monkeyfist out of my old mouseball

Turns out I actually aim significantly better in fps games with a dildo up my ass over just a mouse in general

t. OP

haha same here except i grabbed his balls instead

>Kensington

The fuck is this, a chinese version of Kingston?

Thumb trackballs are shit.

Symmetrical trackballs are average

"over-shoulder" trackballs are god-tier.
They have every advantage of mice and none of its drawbacks, and have extra precision on top of that.

I've regularly had top scores using a shitty wireless trackball.
If it was wired, it would probably be that little bit better.

Pic related, the best trackball that has ever existed.
If a wired version of this existed, I'd buy 10 of them.
These things go for upwards of $100 on sites now because they were cancelled and replaced with shitty thumbball mice hybrids.
FUCK.

If you aim better with your thumb than with your entire hand you must have some kind of disability.

You never heard of the company making literally all laptop locks? So much so that pretty much everyone calls these locks by the name kensington?

This is a 18+ site you know

>we can never have good trackballs again because MS and Logishit simply decided not to ever make those

capitalism ahoy

I have no idea why they stopped making such glorious trackballs.

Seriously, the whole hybrid idea can still easily be done with an over-shoulder ball.

These shitty thumbballs are horrific.
All they do is lead to thumb fatigue really quickly with any extended play.
Not even txting freaks text each other that much with the movements a typical game would need.

The one I posted would easily fit a mouse sensor and button to switch.
I know because I opened it up to try fix it. It broked.
I was going to make it wired but it's all kinds of fucked. I'm no electronics genius to be able to fix that sadly.

No idea man, it seems they purposely killed it, and trackballs on a whole.
The entry level logishit trackball is incapable of proper scrolling, and the m570 (utter piece of shit in quality) costs as much as an expensive gamer mouse.