R
A
V
O

>ugly

Elf ears are cute! CUTE!

>have shit taste
>tell everyone on Cred Forums

so...an elf? have you never heard of elves OP? in a variety of different fantasy media? ring a bell? hylians didn't invent the elf archetype

>...cute! CUTE!
>butchering your own fucking shit anime meme
jesus christ I fucking hate weaboos but you have to be a special brand

All fantasy races are just humans with a few exaggerated traits.

That's even sadder as it means the fantasy genre as a whole has the creativity capacity of a moldy walnut

>Put animal ears and a tail on a human
>OMG FURRY SHIT

there's a variety of unique fantasy races. however elves are the most common, besides human, across the board. so if you don't know what elves are or refuse to acknowledge their popularity in fantasy genres, I can't help ya. I'm sure Zelda could have been a 3 headed pygmy minotaur with a zebra tail but it wouldn't have been as appealing to the audience I think. what do I know though, I'm not miyamoto

All fictional genres periodically recycle concepts and archetypes from earlier periods. This is evident in art, literature and music. It is called an iterative process and there is nothing inherent in fantasy (specifically) that makes it take the fall by itself.

This is from?

skyrim 2

that's called a Tolkien elf, like the common Dwarf and Orc, they are all Tolkien standard.

There are other versions of elves of course, but no one really goes outside of the Tolkien standard.

Which is why the fantasy genre is such a generic boring mess.

>give a human a different skin colour
>call it a different race

WOW
O
W

>Zelda
>Generic fantasy

What game?

>There are other versions of elves of course, but no one really goes outside of the Tolkien standard.
But that's wrong. Everybody just copies the DnD elves, but not the Tolkien elves.

no it had Tolkien, almost no one has ventured outside of his 4 races. Some add one or two more or some are missing but if they do show up they're almost always stuck into Tolkien standards.

She is, elves are always regal and royal, if not divine, Link and the other Hylians don't fit into the normal elf mold though.

Since when? Elves are always in the forest, very wise, very old, but look young, etc. That's all Tolkien.

Alundra 2

The series not the person.

oh, my mistake

>Since when? Elves are always in the forest, very wise, very old, but look young, etc. That's all Tolkien.
But not all elves lived in the forest. Not all elves are also great weapon smiths, great mariners, not all elves are able to kill a fucking balrog in glorious melee combat.

Early DnD based their elves on Legolas and the Sindarin alone, but completely discarded the Noldor and Teleri.

Always loved Lizardmen since 1999.

Tolkien itself is an iteration of poetic Edda and mythology. The main problem here is that Tolkien still did a shitload of world building, far more than most authors nowadays wish/want to do.

When you take into consideration that fantasy as a genre is mostly aimed at teens or people in their twenties, it comes clear that authors of modern fantasy rarely put in the effort needed to differentiate from the Tolkien mold.

Because they only see what Tolkien made as the point of iteration, not the more interesting ideas that Tolkien himself used.

I see the main problem is the audience. No one expects serious fantasy any more.

I see what you mean, but as DnD elves are a derivative of Tolkien elves, I believe the claim still has merit.

But many things still have elves that behave like the Noldor and Teleri, like WoW

That is very true, modern fantasy seems to want to take place in very recent history if not the present. It bothers me to read a book that has Wizards that use an iphone as their charm.

If they do differentiate from the mold they simply discard all other intelligent races but leave in his beast lore, and sometimes his dragon lore. Harry Potter for example has a few intelligent races but no dwarves, elves or orcs, although Hagrid might as well be a dwarf in all but size.

>OP has never heard of the high elves.

>give a human an ugly skintone
>call it a different race
W O W
O
W

Elf ears deserve to be kissed gently

You just posted a vampire you retard.

still elf ears

tbqh I just found it while searching for anime elf on bing.

>hairy manlets
>new race

BRAVO

No, they aren't. Japanese elf ears are longer.

So you are a complte retard-

that and they stick em' on anything that's not human but looks human, they really don't denote elves in anime unless it's specifically stated.

3/10

That's the best i can give you.

But this is a weeabo website kek

> bitching about weeb shit on weeb site

>not knowing what a weeaboo is
Having an interest in Japanese media doesn't make you a weeaboo. Thinking that the GREAT REPUBLIC OF JAPAN IS THE BEST COUNTRY ON EARTH AND EVEN THOUGH I'M WHITE I'LL BE MOST COMFORTABLE CARRYING MY KATANA WITH ME ON THE LIGHT RAIL TO AKIBA is.

Kiss-Shot is Cute! CUTE!

>i want species i can't relate to as characters!

They are nice though.
I want to lick and rub them with my penis.

That is true but liking anime makes you a weeaboo in the world of today.

>why aren't any of the elves fat?!

t. weeaboo

Because they know when to stop.

You're going to be called a weeaboo either way

keep fightan tha good fight user, 1 day well wake up all dese sheeple!! ;P

They are made for nibbling like chips

>BING

Race is a white person construct.

Now I miss FFXI and the stoic racist Scottish and French Catholic Templar elves that live in a castle city and carry the tradition of dragon slaying and holy knights.

Wow, way to erase Persians there buddy.

I'd love to know about how vampires work in the HP universe.

Yeah, I guess if a human had big pointy ears it'd be pretty unappetizing.

People will call you what they want to, just don't give a fuck about them, that's the way first world modern society works anyways.

Community and proper respect can kiss their ass, lonely privileged kikes. I bet they just stay angry in gaming because of divorces 'no money' and broken families.

This board is a laugh and a half.

>zelda
>elves

Pretty sure it's stated that they're humans with pointed ears not elves.

KILL ALL KNIFE EARED SUBHUMANS

Considering that human races differ from each other on the same level, why not?

>tolkien did it first
No

takes one to know one.

Eh weeaboo?

>my ears are pointed irl
>people call me an elf faggot growing up

feels bad man

Wait

WHAT IF HUMANS ARE JUST ELFS WITHOUT POINTY EARS?

Dobby is an elf.

delete this

Kobolds are the cutest race.