Well, that was terrible for everyone involved

Well, that was terrible for everyone involved.

Do you think other companies are looking at this disaster and taking notes? Will Capcom/Ono themselves learn? Are tourneyfags happy now that the community is getting smaller?

Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/game/106904/the-king-of-fighters-xiv/
vgchartz.com/methodology.php
youtube.com/watch?v=1sW2hiiG5Pk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)
youtube.com/watch?v=xKRaJ7rxACU
youtube.com/watch?v=BO9Dw7Mwt9c
twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779492931799429120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you make a fighting game deep without burdening it with bags of bullshit.

SF4 was deep but only because you had to endure a lot of unintended nuance.

SF5 is accessible and highly-tuned but at the expense of being shallow and having strategies that can only go so far.

So was this shit just an unintentional fuckup or did they seriously go full nazi-mode and expected that no one would notice?

>"tourneyfags"
Back to reddít with you

the community is getting smaller but the only people dedicated to it are newfags that couldn't cut it in SF4

every second character in this game is more random than blanka or fuerte

So what's wrong with this one?

I'm trying to learn Guilty Gear instead. Maybe SF6 will be good with a different dev team.

Educate a dummy, what do rootkits usually do if people are freaking out about it?

I'm on the plebstation so I wouldn't know.

It's more like the people who didn't make the cut in SFIV are mad they continue to get dunked on in SFV. Or they did make the cut in SFIV and failed to adapt.

Is it safe to install back?
Is anyone else going back to ultra instead?

SFV was already destined to fail. Capcom and Sony got too greedy.

Yes, no.

Good decision. Are there any specific characters you're looking to main yet?

>rushed the game because they want it in evo
>sony gave money for the push but none of them payed more money to improve the game
>somehow fucked the 3d designs

its just like a new door. no one hasn't observed what capcom really does with it yet, but everyone knows its an access point and a ticking time bomb for exploits. And its on your system32 folder. Its like trusting and giving a duplicate key of your house to capcom.

Was that update which destroyed everyone's fight money a rootkit? What the fuck? No one is going to buy a PC game from them after this.

>companies
>EVER learning from their mistakes

Why should they exactly? Retards will still eat their shit no matter how massive the fuck-up because they have no principles.

Video games have gotten drastically worse in terms of consumer practices, but they now rival Hollywood in terms of revenue despite that.

Eh, whatever.

SF4 is praised like crazy here but it didn't get even remotely good until AE2012. And no, I'm not playing V, historically speaking every SF game was a piece of shit unti one or two fixes later. Even 2 is ass compared to Super Turbo.

>community getting smaller
SF5 broke pretty much all entrant records at EVO though

New Darkstalkers never

I'm out of the loo. The fuck happened?

Does anyone knows if KOF XIV (Or any other recently released fighting game) have actually sold more than SFV ? or those numbers are kept in the shadows?

>Crapcom updates the PC version of SFV
>This update installs a rootkit

wait

i just realized

that sony backed this game

and sony has a history of this rootkit shit

lel

delete capcom.sys in your system32 if you have sf5 on pc

t. Indian

I'm liking Milia. Her 50/50 shenanigans and double air dashes make her pretty fun.

I really hope they make so serious adjustments for the inbetween seasons patch.
Everybody just press buttons whenever they fucking want to and the stun racks up so fast the if you get hit after just one combo you basically lost the game
I still refuse to go back to 4.
Fuck that game

I'm going to say unintentional fuckup.
The assignment was probably delegated to some guys who had no clue what they were doing, and the people that signed off on their work didn't check and realise the cheat fix was a fucking rootkit.

Capcom wanted the hardcore competitive FGC. They got it. They also got the hint that casual players don't give a SHIT about the hardcore competitive FGC and want shit like vs. CPU, Arcade Mode/Story Mode, fun versus options like Test Your Luck in Mortal Kombat, and more. MKX may not last super long competitively, but boy fucking howdy does that game sell gangbusters. SFV will honestly be like UMVC3 and other games like that; totally fucking dead when it comes to actual players, but everybody will watch it. I predict that they'll put out one more season (unless Sony can front them the money) and a bunch of costumes and that'll be the end of the game. After that comes Super SFV and Ultra SFV for a bit more money.

No one gives a shit about casuals, casuals will eat up any old garbage with a brand logo on it regardless of how it plays.

MKX also sold less than SF4

You literally can't.

The entire concept of a deep game will come from bags of bullshit.

It starts off simple enough.
>Guy playing a game
>Learns an easy trick that gives an advantage
Then things get bad
>Come up with tech that beats the trick
>Coming up with more tech that beats the tech
>New tricks and tech found

A deep game has this going on for awhile.
A shallow game does not.

If you want it accessible you cut out the bullshit.
The bullshit is literally where the fun is after you learn it.

Fighting games will die with SFV. The new KoF and GG did terrible in sales.

>Do you think other companies are looking at this disaster and taking notes?
If companies need to write "make sure game is finished before shipping" or "don't make updates that heavily compromise the security of the player's device" down, this industry is fucking done.

>No one gives a shit about casuals
Capcom and Sony apparently did and tried to appeal to them with the abysmal mechanics of SFV

>Capcom wanted the hardcore competitive FGC
No they didn't faggot they wanted the casual but ended up pissing them off because there was no story mode and shit like that in it.
>MKX
>not deader the any of those games
MKX is casual trash that dudebros buy because IT'S SO BRUTAL XD.
Nobody that actually play fighting games like it and it shows because it got the morning death seat at EVO with the lowest entries
UMvC3 i 5 years old and it's still more alive then MKX is today.
>After that comes Super SFV and Ultra SFV for a bit more money.
Again with the retardation

>Highly-tuned

Everything else is right this isn't. The game is sloppy as fuck in so many ways. Its not highly tuned because it revolves around nearly impossible to drop confirms off CC strings.

This game has a competitive scene? It's fucking boring as molasses to watch.

>Finally starting to look like Capcom are taking positive steps to actually finishing the game
>Include a fucking rootkit

And there I was thinking they'd reached the lowest they could go. What's next? "Whoops, turns out we've been broadcasting your PSN password to everyone you've fought online, our bad."

>tfw you admit to yourself that you'd rather play Sm4sh than SFV.

>tfw Smash 4 isn't really all bad
It's a relaxing game to play after Melee.

Yes
Probably not
Not at all. More players mean a bigger prize pool.

GG is fun but I suck at SNK style games.

I'm just goint to stick to 3s, Skullgirls and Jojos.

Might as well start doing coke. It's only downhill from here on out.

Why is ChirsG the chillest motherfucker on the planet?

Gotta admit, these are interesting times. Curious to see what Capcom will do next. Will they apologize? Will they work even harder to make up for it? Will they just drop the game and start over as soon as they can? Will they even have the resources for it? Or will they act like nothing happened and pray it blows over. Regardless, this will hang over the company for quite some time and it will be brought up whenever someone feels Capcom fucked up again in whatever way.

t. mad SF apologist

He just is, man.

Initially I didn't like him, but he grew on me ever since he showed up on Excellent Adventures. Turns out he's a cool dude.

They should've went the same route Killer Instinct did.
When it came out it was bare bones too, but it was price-tagged accordingly.

>this will hang over the company for quite some time
It will be downplayed and swept under the rug by fanboys like every other problem SFV has. Even more so considering it unites consolewarring Sony loyalists and Capcom fanboys.

SFV is gonna be popular no matter what, Capcom knows this and aren't gonna do much to rectify things.

>not a single touhou fighter
trash list

It's STREET FIGHTER FIVE. Of course it has a competitive scene.

>Actually thinking that Capcom won't release Super Street Fighter V as an easy way to trick more idiots into buying the game

Fight Money was a meme to trick people into thinking that they could actually afford characters if they played regularly.

>SFV
>highly-tuned

lmao

SFV is an entirely rushed product and it shows.

MKX certainly blasted everything else out of the water.

But aside from that, no. I don't think any version of Xrd sold more than amillion, and I highly doubt KoF14 got over 500k.

The last numbers we have on SFV are 1.4m, which was back around May I think?

Probably, but why the fuck would you.

Why would you want the game of a company who though it was fine to LITERALLY put rootkits in your computer as a "security measure"

so the only thing stopping you from thinking "this is okay" would be if you had 40 bucks in your pocket right now?

really?

And yet it's the worst selling mainline SF game in the franchise's history.

As a "security measure" to try and stop PC cheaters Capcom unironically put a rootkit in their update. I sincerely wish I was fucking joking with you.

>And yet it's the worst selling mainline SF game in the franchise's history.
Pretty sure SF3 sold less

>worst selling game
>out for less than a year
funny

I mean it certainly wasn't a hit or anything, and I'm honestly baffled as to where all these tournament entrants are coming from, but don't you think newness MIGHT have something to do with why it hasn't outsold 8 years of SF4?

Let's see what the EVO entrants look like next year for SFV, and we'll talk. Consistency is what is important, SFV not having the "new game smell" may play a role next year.

How alive is Guilty Gear in Europe, thinking of giving it a buy but anime games die so fast not to mention isn't a new BlazBlue coming out soon?

Very dead, at certain times you may find a french lobby half full

>1.4m
That was shipped not sold though. And apparently they've shipped very little out to retailers since, meaning the initial stock still hasn't moved.

Of all things they should have outsourced, they decided to handle online structure and servers in-house and it really shows. I mean, it makes sense to have their own online service due to crossplay and all, but Capcom has absolutely no previous experience with this stuff. That's why server disconnects still happen frequently and the quality of online matches can be very dodgy at times. Steam or even PSN are far more reliable options.

If SFV is considered "dead", then Guilty Gear has been digested and shat out by worms.

That's a shame

They probably regret CFN. It has caused the game so much headache, including the first week of servers being down.

>Virtua Fighter 4
>Mid Tier
into the trash it goes

>remove 7.3 frames
>make fireballs actually usefull
>tune down the stun on every move
>Add more moves to every character
>fix hurt and hitboxes
>make V-skill and trigger more then a dumbed down character triat

There we go, i have fixed this game

It demands administration level access to your computer.

It's essentially a backdoor into your hard drive but any virus could get in calling itself "Street Fighter 5" and having complete access to all your programs at an admin level. It's an accident waiting to happen.

Why aren't you playing Kof instead ?

It was totally intentional. Anyone like is being dumb.

Capcom: "Oh noes, PC players are getting more FM than we intended and are able to buy things for nearly free! We need to fix this!"

*stealthily puts a rootkit in and informs you of this as an "anti-cheat" measure in hopes you'll swallow the pill!*

PC gamers: *rightly call out this bullshit as a security and privacy invasion*

Capcom: "Oh noes, our PC players aren't retarded! WE NEED TO BACKPEDDLE PRONTO!"

I'm planning on getting it when I get a PS4. I've watched both games in tournament and KoF14 just looks more fun.

Because I'm a guilty gear player
( for real, I've actually put hundreds of hours into rev and gotten decent at it )

the question should be : WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T CAPCOM TAKING NOTE FROM SONY?

this wasn't the first time this happen

14 just doesn't interest me, seems like the fans don't care a huge amount either as the threads dried up quick

People were editing the game to get to hook up to a proxy server where they could steal paid for dlc content. Remember not everything can be bought with FM.

It's funded by sony, it wasn't capcoms fault.

That's because there is a Kofta general on /vg/

By making it extremely fast-paced

No there isn't, there was one made around launch but it died in 100 posts

Oh yeah. I own that... When you get a PC, you suddenly forget consoles even exist. Why do they exist? Pieces of garbage.

>shallow but fast paced game

So Xrd ?

I'm a scrub with bad execution, but I put in the work in SF4 and by Ultra I could take games from pros... sometimes.

Why couldn't they have used someone like me as the baseline for SF5, instead of 12 year-old mobatards... except the game is STILL too tough for people like that.

They always will be, unless they eliminate normals, put in one-button combos, etc. And you can't sell something like that as a competitive game to the FGC. Unless you're going to throw a hell of a lot of money at it.

KoF has always been niche though. And it's sad that people will always play SF simply because it's SF and not give other games a chance. Even after the fucking disaster that was this turd of a game.

Everyone will have forgotten about it in October

>xrd
>shallow

Never heard that one before. If anything, anime games have more tech than is good for them.

How is Xrd shallow in any way?

No PC version.

I no longer have a functioning TV I can plug my PS4 into.

Being a poor fag is suffering.

>not give other games a chance.
This kuso tech holds no water, if you play fighting games for any real amount of times you have tried a variety of games. You can keep telling yourself if people just tried your game it would be huge, but the truth is people have and they didn't care for it

Let's say the core gameplay and style remained the same, but the game came out a full year later like it should have, how would the reception be then?

you should try playing the ninja guy, dud has triple jump and huge as combos. Holly shit that guy is annoying.

Took out everything that made GG interesting and left only the outward shell so posers can have an easy game to play while pretending to play GG

Xrd is about as deep as SF5

>Never heard that one before.

Get out of your discord circlejerks / house mroe often

Not on PC. Plus no mod to make it look less of a PS2 game.

Plus I'm more of a Guilty Gear and Virtua Fighter player.

and I agree that Capcom should probably do something about that. But putting a rootkit in to try to force people into their shitty MT system isn't the way to go about it.

As it is, I've uninstalled and hidden SF5. So Capcom has taken $60 and given me nothing from it. Going forward I will probably give a lot of Capcom games a wide pass, because why should I trust them and why should I put up with their bullshit when they want to try to fleece me every five minutes?

Much better, those issue would have still become talking points but most people don't really understand this stuff anyway

There is a SNK general but it's mostly kof discussion

>It will be downplayed and swept under the rug by fanboys like every other problem in the industry
Fixed that for you, everyone forgets things within a month.

>Took out everything that made GG interesting

Explain. Because if you mean "characters" they'll all be back within like 2-3 revisions.

If you mean systems: Nigga, wut? The game has the same base systems and threw in like 5+ more.

People like Street Fighter because it's fucking easy compared to other fighting game franchises. Even Skullgirls is more complex than Street Fighter.

basically every character is "knockdown into oki rinse and repeat"

>yfw when you're ono

I just updated the and i noticed that survival mode is longer now, at least or normal difficulty, remember it being 25 stages instead of 30. When did this happen exactly? or am I just delusional?

I also just unlocked and played Urien he is kinda cool but feels like shit since SF5 neutral is almost non existent.

Man, why in the hell they went with this game play direction, this game feels like ass. In previous games, even i the character was low tier, every characters was fun to play and had their own thing going on, now every character feels like shit some how.

I should stop trying to have hopes for this game and sell my copy already.

Not on PC. Which is surprising because KoF tends to be big on PC.

It needs a whole companies worth of games, just to have a general that reaches 500 in 4 days? And it still is half image dumps?

Even then I can hardly see people really talking about the game, it is mostly waifu shit

Surely that only works offline and couldn't work on Capcom's servers though? They're not so incompetent they don't validate your entitlements when you connect to the CFN?

If it does work on their servers they're beyond retarded.
If they're trying to prevent something that only works offline or through some sort of custom server, their "Not DRM" claim was a complete lie.

>neutral is almost non existent

Oh so you just walk up to point blank range then?

>Had a crappy launch
>Every other update was either shit that should've been there at launch (RQ'er punishment system) or overpriced DLC
>Now they shot themselves in the foot by installing a fucking rootkit onto people's PC's

Everything that Capcom could've done to ruin this game's chances has happened. It's like Nintendo levels of retardation except they've somehow managed to backslide even harder down shit mountain.

Normal Survival has always been 30 stages you fucking retard.

Perfect examples of people who pretend to play xrd but in reality has never invested any time.

They do talk about the game and 500 replies isn't bad

>No PC port
yeah, cause fighting games just do so well on pc. I'm sure you'd all support it like you supported XIII and kept that game alive

There's a reason setplay is a Xrd meme, user.

Isn't this the same company that had promised us a gift/reward for their first botched beta attempt?

And still no EX1 colors from the special edition. Capcom continues to be a shitshow.

Yeah, people don't actually play guilty gear, they just either pretend they play it because it is a more "respectable" game in the FGC or they make fun of it at a superficial level because they don't actually understand it at all.

>implying I didn't buy KoF13

The only reason I stopped playing that was the lack of offline modes. I don't give two shits about the online since half the time the online modes in fighters are straight up R. Kelly Doo-Doo Butter.

Strange example, XIII had good sales on PC and no community on any platform because the netcode was trash.

This is because One don't like Vampire. Same reason for CVS3.

You mean after being in humble bundles?

>HUUUURRRRRR DUUURRR CONSOLE WAARRSSSS XD
epic

>SFV
>popular

Currently sitting at "mostly negative" on steam and I doubt that any console owners are lining up to swallow the fightan game meme anytime soon.

Face it, SFV is dead in the water and Capcom's incapable of not shooting themselves in the foot.

>If you delete capcom.sys and try to run the previous version with the security update your computer will blue screen. If after all this you still want to play SFV, make sure you have the latest version installed. Do so at your own risk though. At this point, short of accidentally creating a malicious sentient AI hellbent on destroying humanity, nothing Capcom does surprises me anymore.

Ono kept talking about how he really wanted to do a new DS after SF4, but evidently the only thing to materialize from that was the DS2/VS port. At this point, I'm glad Capcom's fighting unit can't get its shit together, so they can't potentially ruin Rival Schools.

snk vs. capcom 2 when

>I doubt that any console owners are lining up to swallow the fightan game meme anytime soon.
Why not? That is where most fighting game players have always been. Fighting games on PC is relatively new by comparison.

Another reason it's a poor example. You can only comparing humble bundle inflated numbers to vgchartz inflated numbers or Japan only ~20k first week media create sales.

I bought it. Just wish it didn't crash on me every 30 minutes I get into it. I'm still not sure what the heck is happening with the game, though.

Was the community for any iteration of SF4 on pc alive or did it fade away as well?

I don't understand. They keep saying how they'll fix everything but to these people, fucking rootkits have greater priority. Fuck them. Capcom two-faced sons of bitchse.

but user people are circumventing the dogshit survival mode to unlock colors already in the game and we can't have that

Does anyone want to fight me and give tips?

Post CFN

>you lose to some scrub useing you character because he lags all over the place
Sure showed me how to play faggot

>Ono kept talking about how he really wanted to do a new DS after SF4

Kek that's bullshit. Same about CVS3, SNK are okay, but Ono don't want to see this happen.

KOFXIV will come on to the PC eventually. Deep Silver is one of the PC providers. We might get the game sooner than later before 2017.

SNK better take this opportunity to gain more exposure with new fans in general.

Nobody plays fighting games in the long term that haven't already been involved in it since the 90's.

At best, the average console kiddie will buy it because teh l33t comboz, get bodied by the CPU (oh wait, there's no SP, oops) or online, get bored, and put it down to never ever be played with ever again.

There's a reason why most SFV finalists are people who have already been involved with SF since SFII.

nah, fuck CVS3, i want SVC2. the current crew at SNK seem to have their heads on straight, and i want to see Juri with systems up the ass

If you post your CFN, interested people can contact you.

user, those people who have been involved in it since the 90s ARE console kiddies. Where the fuck do you think they played the games after the arcades died?

You think that's the first time I've asked?

I've been looking for days and nobody ever does, even if I post CFN.

>not being a part of the blazblue master race

Nobody on Cred Forums plays fighting games, try /vg/.

You and the other 2 people who still play BB.

Why would I? That'd be like willingly sucking on a turd because my ice cream fell on the floor.

How well did KoF even sell?

The PC player base literally doesn't matter. It's 8 or 9% of the total number of players, the majority is on PSN. Just look at the number of people who own it on PC and the reported number of total players for the game.

Make a lobby. I'll join.

I tried /vg/ as well, nobody even plays street fighter in /fgg/.

How does this game have such a big competitive scene behind it?

20k in Japan.

Check my crazy urine setup.

Riding SFIV's coat tails

Before it even launched it was given the primary headliner spot at all major tournaments.

Just lol
vgchartz.com/game/106904/the-king-of-fighters-xiv/

Fuck japan and their shit taste.

Not him, but vgchartz is a terrible source for sales because that they literally make shit up for the sake of getting clicks.

R:3
T:99
FT3

2 players
CS on
password 5555
comment stronger than me

>KoF will DESTROY SFV!

That's how it feels to play SFV

SNK just want the international sales, yeah Japan has indeed shit taste.

>That's how it feels to play KoFXIV
Fixed that for you.

If you can prove those numbers were made up go ahead

In the 90's, most people who played fighting games went to the arcade before migrating to consoles. Since couch co-op was the only way to play and you could get beaten for acting like a spaz, people learned how to behave and not act like rage babbies when they dropped a combo.

Nowadays though, you can talk shit and not get hit because you're sitting in a chair and the dude you're fighting is probably on another continent (especially with how shit SFV's matchmaking is but that's besides the point).

These are the same people who refuse to read yet can't understand why the other dude is able to combo them to death every single time. They don't want to sit down and learn the gameplay, they want the game to hand them wins without any difficulty and if they lose, they want to blame anything but themselves.

Fighting games just don't appeal to the average console kiddie, which is why most fighting games don't make record numbers and why most fightan series are dead.

The burden of proof is on you and you have to prove that they're a valid source.

It's more like 30% if you go by the upper leaderboards. Considering Sony doesn't release player numbers that's about as objective as you can be.

Funny thing, SNK has SF4 staff onboard for KOFXIV development

Asia is the main market for KoF since it's even less popular in the West, save for Mexico for some reason.

First week sales are usually the strongest and then continue to decline. Considering everybody who's been interested in KoF has picked up the game Day 1, it doesn't look good. I would be surprised if KoFXIV ever broke into the 150k.

>All sales estimates on VGChartz are arrived at via a number of proprietrary and ever-developing methods:
>Passively polling end users to find out what games they are currently purchasing and playing
>Polling retail partners to find out what games and hardware they are selling
>Using statistical trend fitting and historical data for similar games
>Studying resell prices to determine consumer demand and inventory levels
>Consulting with publishers and manufacturers to find out how many units they are introducing into the channel
vgchartz.com/methodology.php

They're bogus

Not him, but that's not how the burden of proof works. At all.

You claimed their numbers for KoFXIV are bogus, so the burden of proof is on you.

No, copies registered on Steam (which is all of the PC ones, no matter where you buy) can be easily known through multiple websites that check the Steam database.

The total number of copies sold on all platforms is something that Capcom shares from time to time.

Just do the math, it's around 10% only.

I really hope season two goes a lot smoother for Capcom. This past 6-7 months have been a fucking shit show.

you're right

they never include any actual sources in their articles and

Give me a sec. Gotta fix options

Granted, I don't have SNK's financials in front of me, but considering the niche KOF holds, and they probably didn't do a gargantuan budget for the game, I'd consider 150k a modest success. Then again, I'm always reminiscing the days when selling a million copies of a game was an achievement, not an expectation.

it's a little laggy, not too bad on my end except for intros. How about you?

>Polling retail partners to find out what games and hardware they are selling
>Consulting with publishers and manufacturers to find out how many units they are introducing into the channel
Both these are completely valid methods

>I really hope season two goes a lot smoother for Capcom

The crazy ride is just getting started my friend

We're talking about people still playing, not sales. And even those are tenuous because of what this guy said

Somebody please fucking tell me how to play the NEcalli vs Cammy match up as Necalli
I feel so fucking retarded to play a character that is suppose to have good buttons up close only to your buttons stuffed by whatever Cammy desidece to press this time.

They're still console kiddies. You play on console, you are a console kiddie. Stop trying to make them an honorary part of your PC mastoor rayce.

kek

They would be if they ever showed their work or left someone's name to validate it.

>I'd consider 150k a modest success
That would be way less than 13 and even less than 12 which was a disaster on all fronts

Nigga is that the new meme.

The burden of proof is on YOU.

much better now

Perfection already exists, all you have to do is take notes

Losion, lag?

meleefags please leave

>5 viable characters : the game

gameplay is fun but game is far from perfect

>alpha 2 lower than a3

Not laggy after you left

Okay, just let me know when Capcom releases a fighting game good enough to be represented at EVO 15 years after release :)

It's the best smash in terms of comp play, but it's far from perfect.

Stop trying to lump in the SNES/Genesis masterrace with your discount PC garbage.

Besides, anyone who played on those consoles is a young adult by now.

Melee isn't a fighting game.

Its called fundamentals. Using poking with normals, whiff punishing, threatening with foward walking, and counter poking with back walk.

Safe jumps, option selects, combos, add nothing or very little to this. Where things like parry, hyper hops, and a shield drop animation can make a completely different game.

i AM, SNES/Genesis master race, kid.

Why is it at EVO then?

prove it. using your logic the burden of proof is always on the last person to question the previous statement

as far as pulling numbers out of your ass goes, it is up to the person pulling the numbers to demonstrate their accuracy. not on others to disprove it. you are seriously retarded.

When are they bringing my nigga Violent Ken back?

>SP content
>MP content
>shitloads of trophies to collect
>over 25 stages
>tight controls
>awesome music
>unlockable characters
>tournament mode
>Second most views in every EVO it was featured in
>15 years strong with no end in sight
And best of all
>No rootkits

Also, you SFags can't throw shade on lack of variety when your scene is dominated by like five characters too.

>baby's first No True Scotsman

Why was Catherine at evo?

Then why are you trying to integrate CoD kiddies into your ranks?

Modern consoles are a disgrace compared to the ones we got between 3rd-6th gen.

>Top tier
>USF4
>Alpha 3

because catherine is fucking awesome

Hello r/kappa

I look forward to the creative fake stories you guys make about your experiences with smash players today

Because Catherine is a fighting game

F2P model on 60$ game.

Because you PC master racers don't get to claim every player who isn't a CoD kiddie but still plays on console.

youtube.com/watch?v=1sW2hiiG5Pk

I'm curious to see Riot's fighting game now.

Nigger did you expect me to read all of that?

>smash players are so pathetic they have to spend their time making an image like this

Cause the fgc has a cuckold fetish

It's gonna be rising thunder

That game died off really quickly.

Stop trying to force this into a PC vs. console thing user.

The point I was even trying to make was that the modern console kiddie doesn't have the patience to play a fighting game and get better at it due to most modern gamers having a "I wanna win" attitude that won't let them accept failure.

Can we at least agree on that?

>people still pretending smash is a fighting game in 2016

What the fuck it plays nothing like a fighter stop it. Also if smash is a fighter why don't smashfags ever play any other fighter, they stick to that one garbage game and never give real fighters a chance because their tiny IQ brain can't handle more than 2 hit combos.

>FGC forcing memes in the face of truth

I expected as much.

Gee I wonder why.

>all this salt
Y'know if all you faggots keep this up, Capcom is gonna "announce" a new Darkstalkers, then cancel it just to spite you. They did it with Megaman, they can do it again.

>ChrisG
>guy just jumping on the sage shirtless

He's literally Chris G's friend, he was asking to take him on in a match for his title.

He shows up to all the events Chris G shows up at and jokes around often.

What's the criteria that makes a game a fighting game?

Oh yeah, no doubt it will be RT rebranded with league characters or something, I meant more in terms of their monetization strategy in contrast to Capcom's.

That's because it got shut down, you couldn't play it after the buyout.

Not being a party game.

>guy says "console kiddies"
then says
>Stop trying to force this into a PC vs. console thing user.

Ok, very funny user.

The weird thing is, CoD kiddies also play a game where they have to accept failure due to dying in multiplayer. What you mean to say is that modern games like CoD are far more shallow than typical fighting games so that whether they win or fail is less to do with skill and more to do with luck

>I don't like smash and think it only consists of two-hit combos because i only played it casually as a kid so it's garbage and not a fighting game!

((you))

And what makes a game a party game?

>Sakurai himself said that tried to incorporate as little form fighting games as possible because "it doesn't look fun"
>thinks the standart for fighging games Is marvel vs Capcom
>cares more about fun the blance
>don't care that he doesn't pander to turniefags
>Smashfags still try to pretend they know more about the game then it's creator
I myself find smash quite fun but you'd have to be delusional to think it's a fighting game

smash

>OP asks why console players won't enjoy SF
>I give him a reason
>F-F-FUCK OFF PCKEK

You niggas need to grow thicker skin and learn how to be less defensive.

And if you honestly think that CoD kiddies have learned how to accept failure then you've never played in a MP game.

I still hear squeeky voiced bastards calling me a faggot because they ran into a claymore for the umpteenth time in the same match.

Losion my SFV shat out. Rejoining.

Oh ok. Those were some close fights

Your shitpost is actually true for Smash 4.

nobody knew who that dude was, Yipes was on twitter trying to get in contact with him not too long ago.

>reason why game is fun
>reason why game is fun
>reason why game is fun
>...

Yeah. I said game was fun. Still far from perfect competitively because of how the meta is determined.

Also why you bash SF ? I never even defended it. Seems like you're a bit on the defensive.

>Implying creators can't be wrong
>Especially in the eve of SFV's rootkit bullshit

What a delusional fanboy you are.

Well don't act like you didn't turn it into console v PC with that response. You could've easily said "modern video gamefags" or something rather than console kiddies

>[fighting game] thread on Cred Forums
>scroll to the bottom and it's an argument about Smash Bros
>now that i think about it, almost every single thread about Smash Bros ever hosted on any website degrades into extreme anger or some form of heated argument

Why?

So you don't know then. You just hate smash for the sake of it without being able to explain concisely why it's not a fighting game.

melee autism.

add me on steam

steamcommunity.com/id/virgins

>it has many button presses so its a fighting game
By that logic Beatmania is a fighting game too

I'm not paying for PS+

>trying to out me as an SFV lover with literal zero proof
counterintuitive desu

>Yeah. I said game was fun. Still far from perfect competitively because of how the meta is determined.

Name one game with that is perfect competitively.

>Also why you bash SF ? I never even defended it. Seems like you're a bit on the defensive.

Because we're in a SF thread, where apologists are still trying to excuse Capcom's bullshit in spite of everything that has gone wrong in the past 72 hours.

That and most FGCfags play capcom fighters exclusively so it's a fair assumption to make.

"Console kiddies" is the default terminology mate, like how PS4 owners are "Sonyggers" or how Wii U owners are "Nintoddlers."

How about you take a moment to put some ice on that bruised colon before we continue this discussion though.

Smashfags actually think their game is the best fighting game ever now that they hold the 2nd place at EVO every year
It would be horrible if we should have a thread whitout them reminding us

I'd be up for it but I don't have my pad right now.

Just fuck already

FGC can't accept that they're a dying breed so they take their frustrations out on smash since they're too deep in their delusions to accept that Capcom could ever make a bad decision.

LOBBY WHERE?

Nintendo fanbase is horrible, I love pokemon games but fuck discussion about the games is autism in his more pure form

Creators are not infallible, they can make mistakes and even not understand what makes their products good.

Capcom was an easy example of creators being wrong but you can cite fucking any corporation that has gone into the shitter lately, like Nintendo or George Lucas.

Before webm
>Hurr smash is too simple to be a fighting game, it only uses two buttons

After webm
>Hurr more buttons doesn't make it a fighting game

Maybe if the FGCucks didn't constantly throw shade at smashfags then maybe they wouldn't be so inclined to remind them of why they'll be at EVO the following year.

For a community that's all about the bantz, you sure can't handle it.

>Guy comes in says Smash sucks, probably doesn't even play it and just wants (Yous)
>People who don't take to that get angry and hand them out constantly
>Other people get drawn in and start arguing with the Smash fans
>Perpetual shitstorm that only exists on Cred Forums and event hubs comments sometimes

>Cred Forums is the FGC
The FGC has already rolled over and accepted smash.
Even when it's all the people that play normal fighting games that host big turrnies and invite smashplayers they still have the nereve to demand shit like CRT tv and take up 2x the time for THEIR game on stream.

If you have ever watched best of 3s you would know that almost every big tournament host hates smashfags for being entitled cunts
Especially Jebailey after all the shit they pulled this year.
Holy fuck i wouldn't be suprised if Smash wasn't there next year

never attribute to malice what can just as easily be explained by stupidity

I'm actually having good matches with this guy even a continent apart. What the fuck is happening?

Not til you give me back the real FF15 from your port 2 years in the future, PC master race

If MvC can still be hosted after all the thefts, fist fights, and broken equipment over the years, I doubt smash will get dropped just because a few fags got booty bothered.

You're autistic as fuck dude, shut the fuck up you're not even saying anything

So why is everyone calling out Wolfkrone? What did he do?

>Actually expected FFXV to be good
>Expecting modern devs to deliver

Only yourself to blame user.

>Video games have gotten drastically worse in terms of consumer practices, but they now rival Hollywood in terms of revenue despite that.
That's because as dumb as you think these companies are, the consumer is ten times dumber. I mean, c'mon, there are STILL faggots who PREORDER GAMES for fucks sake.

FF is the only series I have left from the old days that isn't dead. I had no choice but to believe.

>few fags got booty bothered.
They outrite told the CEO host (Jebailey) that he shouldn't host turrnies anymore becasuse they didn't get their 2's and hand warmers

Melee wasn't at EVO for 15 years. Also
>melee
>fighting game
Here's to (You)

Why are you on Cred Forums if you're this triggered over terminology?

Maybe capcom was just fishing for (you)s with the DRM

Why does Melee "need" to be a fighting game? My guess is smash players want the validation of the genre because ???

So?

He's still going to cater to them so long as they pay their entry fees and bring in the money.

Especially now that every other fighting game being released is dying left and right.

>Why does Melee "need" to be a fighting game?

Why is it so important to you for it not to be one?

>Melee wasn't at EVO for 15 years.

It's a 15 year old game that's pulling more numbers than the bulk of every other non SF game on the roster.

Pretty fucking impressive considering most games are lucky to see their 5th anniversary.

It isn't.

It is.

Why are you so triggered at it being a fighting game?

What difference does it honestly make when it's already beating out "actual" fighting games in terms of viewers and entrants?

If anything, you'd be happy to call it a fighting game since it would mean that the genre is still relevant.

not that user, but >Name one game with that is perfect competitively.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

I don't think you understand, it was the first time Smash was at CEO and it has been doing fine without it so i don't think he would have any regretts pulling the plug.
>every other fighting game being released is dying left and right.
Oh okay so you are retarded, gotcha

shit, I never tried out Rising Thunder but people here were saying it had a supreme netcode. I wish they didn't end up with Riot.

I'm french and the community is small but active and dedicated, try to see if your country have a Discord

SFV is the best selling fighting game this year, in spite of a shitty launch, overpriced DLC, online problems, no SP content, and controversy due to the latest patch installing a rootkit to people's systems.

CEO could survive without smash but it'd be like saying that one could survive without $500 in their bank account.

Nobody is going to throw away free money, especially when fighting games are niche and smash is the only fighting game series that can actually compete with SF's numbers.

I mean what, you think Melee and Sm4sh got into EVO based purely on Nintendo money? They're both completely separate communities that each pull in amazing numbers for what they are, especially in comparison to GG or KI who is lucky to break 150k views.

Face it FGCuck, smash is here to stay and there's nothing you can do about it.

10/10

>Do you think other companies are looking at this disaster and taking notes?
Yes.

"Try to do what they did, but more slowly and subtly so that the masses accept it as 'normal'."

It's worked for the rest of the cancerous policies the industry has foisted on us.

>it was the first time Smash was at CEO
No it wasn't, how fucking new are you? It was literally there the year before, and got so good reception that they ended up giving it better timeslots for this year.

>buy
>PC game

>Of all things they should have outsourced, they decided to handle online structure and servers in-house and it really shows.
SNK handled KOFXIV's netcode, and everything else including regrettably the graphics, inhouse, and the netplay is great.

I don't even mind the graphics. The art style is good, the fact that it looks like a PS3 game is acceptable to me as long as it looks like KOF.

>they didn't get their 2's
What the hell is that?

That people still play SF5 in masses just is prove of how fucking retarded the average consumer is.

>last blade 2
>low tier

>no last blade 1

kys

Anyone here play KI? I've been wanting to get into it for a while now but I don't use Windows 10 (and I have no intention to) and I don't have an Xboner. I've played locals with friends and I definitely like it but is it really worth getting a console for?

Difference between KOFXIII sales and KOFXIV sales is the profit margin. KOFXIII was a very expensive game to make, not only because they used an expensive way to provide graphical resources for the game, but for the very fact that they worked overnights, often camping out at work to get the job done. This was attested by a few bloggers who were former SNKPlaymore employees during the time of KOFXIII's development, and implicitly confirmed by recent interviews where they specifically mention the lack of an accountant for previous games, which they now have. Also the amount of published discs for XIII was higher, whereas they anticipated the lesser sales for XIV, so the ratio of buyer to shipment is higher for XIV than it is for XIII, and XIV also was developed with a tighter budget (and way less development time overall), therefore the profit margin was indeed better for XIV console vs XIII console. On the other hand, XIII could be said to have made a profit just for the fact that 95% of its resources had already been developed and only needed to be tweaked and finetuned for a steam release, including some work on netcode.

It may seem dismal for XIV, but it actually went pretty good for SNK in their eyes.

are there any other fighting games that have a decent player base in PC?
Why aren't there more games with cross play Jesus fuck, why would you limit a already small playerbase

Think about how the infrastructure works and what has to communicate with each other in order for it to work out

Go on, you have a brain, so use it for once in your life

If you'd rather get a console than upgrade to W10 or at least dual boot, you better have some real good reasons.

>upgrade
>W10

>Hurr smash is too simple to be a fighting game, it only uses two buttons

Who the fuck says that? Quit making shit up.

>SP content
fighting game who cares
>MP content
it fucking better have
>shitloads of trophies to collect
fighting game who cares
>over 25 stages
of which like 3 are competitively viable
>tight controls
ehh I'll give you that one
>awesome music
shit music cause you only hear the same 3 songs over and over, does Gourmet Race not make you want to cave your head in yet?
>unlockable characters
Not good for a competitive game
>tournament mode
Why would that need to be a separate mode
>Second most views in every EVO it was featured in
>Proud of being second
>15 years strong with no end in sight
Autists don't like change

Figured your were just following the bandwagon. Well, a fool and his money are soon parted, go right ahead and buy a console.

Man, why is SF5 so horrible to play? Honest question here.

It is easy execution wise but every match feels like shit even if i win. Just played a couple with a friend of mine and it was a really mediocre experience. Even after claiming to fix the online the second lobby match teleports started happening left and rightt, the match just came into a full stop and froze.

What in the fuck happened to this game?

I might as well sell this fucking thing before it ends up in more appointment. I don't believe I've spent actual money on this thing, no amount of words can describe how pissed i am at this fucking thing.

Ayy

I guess there's no accounting for taste in the FGC.

Console/PC crossplay is no more difficult than Windows/Mac/Linux or PS3/PS4 crossplay. Capcom are the ones who decided to make it hard for themselves with a F2P model and store.

I don't know which is more retarded.

not an argument

Works on my end, perhaps you should get better internet connection.

youtube.com/watch?v=xKRaJ7rxACU

?????

Get the complete edition. It's the best fighting game around.

>best online in the market
>amazing character variety
>innovative systems
>good single player content

KI will never get the notoriety it deserves. I guess we can blame M$ for making it exclusive to W10.

me and my friend already have good internet. it was just fine during the first 5 rounds. than it went to shit all of a sudden.

Then name a game that has good crossplay between a console and PC

Yeah how dare they stick by their own products. Should've give all to the competition.

Killer Instinct

You're overrating it, I played it for a while and its nothing to write home about.

Pretty braindead gameplay too.

>a game by Microsoft/Rare on an Microsoft console crossplaying with a port for a Microsoft OS already nicely geared and prepared to work with other Microsoft products
Heh nice one

When Windows 10 is a complete downgrade from 7 in every way, then you fucked up.

Elaborate.

I'm considering buying a PS4 just so I can play KOF, the latest GG, and Tekken 7 when it comes out.

I mean, SFV is fun to play, but it's only fun by proxy of it being a fighting game, which are fun to play regardless of the game itself. Even the worst of kusoge fighting games are still fun to play.

When you mix:

>Cred Forums pretends to know about fighting games
with
>Cred Forums pretends to know about computers

you get some of the most non-ironically cringe-worthy threads I've seen on this board.

Rocket League

The game used to be Xbox exclusive. Be happy you got something.

Back to DotA then

Who the fuck do you think you're kidding, you're new to fighting games, probably never played a Tekken game in your life.

Games should be on every platform possible, why dont companies want more money ???

so what fighting game should people play then? SFV is still far more alive than anything else

>worrying only about how alive it is
This is such circular self-fulfilling logic that your question deserves no answer

There's always Sm4sh/Melee.

Still alive, shitloads of characters, and no rootkits.

>inb4 no true fightan game

I won't touch this game until they seriously rework everything. Everyone just mashes on makeup and the cc is wonky. So I am just playing GG till BBCF hits.

>Wanted to get into SF competitively
>Was too late to hop on the SFIV train and figured SFV would be the best place to start
>Game has been a trainwreck so far and I still suck at it

>your average Cred Forums fighting game player doesn't know what a meaty is

>caring about being able to find opponents in a multiplayer game
Yeah what an asshole. Inb4 locals.

>Falling for the Street Fighter meme

You deserve everything you get shitter.

>not being able to find opponents in XIV
>not being able to find opponents on fightcade
You only persist your logic even further, because you and every other plebe like to settle down on what's alive like Capdrones

someone tell me what ibuki is supposed to do against urien

>people keep saying SFV is dead
>it gets 2 hour prime time coverage on ESPN

Admit it, lots of people saw that, thought it was cool, and rushed out to buy the game. It's doing fine.

So why didn't you suggest those to him you moron? That's literally what he asked.

SFV made me truly appreciate SF4. Maybe not ultra but like AE. Sure constant low risk block strings were annoying but I felt like the footless wwre better too

I know they took out focus because everything was too safe, but honestly sfv just doesn't have enough mechanics to make it interesting, it's way too defensive esoecially now that SRKs are so unsafe. It's just slow and dull.

I guess I should learn gg but the learning curve is brutal. Also I liked elphelt but her combos are fucking ha

-> 50 Characters
-> Good gameplay
-> Best netcode for a fighting game

Fuck I forgot I could dual boot. Thanks anons, you just saved me from being stupid and out $400.

Is DSP right for once?

youtube.com/watch?v=BO9Dw7Mwt9c

I unironically thoroughly enjoyed MKX before they fucked PC users over.

It has a good mix of Oki high lows, looks really nice. Only problem is that footsies are basically non existent and it boils down to who used an armoured move at the right time

Let me see, first of all, I don't like how the "rounds" work, while I realize that you can make up for that difference in one combo ender, having a bad first round shouldn't jeopardize your chances of winning so much.

Then the neutral game, it feels like SFIV's to an extent, because of how you will be constantly fishing for light confirms and how fireballs are easy to get around meaning its the same waddle back and forth whiffing normals until you get a whiff punish or a jump in/dash in and start a combo, and at this point, just like in SFIV, the neutral game ends.

And now the unfun part starts, the combo breaker system, one would argue that it is a good mechanic because it allows for various mind-games even during defense, but in reality, even after memorizing each character's bread and butter combo paths, you still have to take guesses and if you get it right and get a combo breaker, instead of going back to neutral, it starts a new mix-up situation instead, meaning the game usually only goes back into neutral game once or twice per match. So basically it becomes a back and forth guessing game with resource management.

In the end the game boils down to: a dumbed down version of SFIV's neutral game, with a lot more instant gap closers which go through firaballs by spending meter, are also combo starters, and with a lot more light normal confirms; and a rock-paper-scissors game once somebody lands a hit, that goes on and on until the round ends.

I only got as high as Silver before getting bored with the game, played Sabrewulf, didn't have much fun and then went back to Guilty Gear.

Well then you'll be happy in October. The MKXL PC beta's online was smooth as butter. Personally I'll never give NRS or Warner Bros another cent.

MKX also literally doesn't market outside the USA

This is why KoF is really the best fighting game today.

I still unironically like marvel

I'd stop playing SFV in an instant and buy KoF14 if they had released it on PC.

PC port when?

>another meter combo game
>one touch = half of your lifebar
>this is why the game is good because I don't have to play it as long and I can play it off as people being less-skilled than me.

Downloaded the free version of KI. It's pretty fun, but I'm definitely shit at it. i'm thinking if I should get all the characters or buy a specific one.

so it's safe to play sfv on pc again right?

I grew up playing SF2 on my SNES and it's the most recognizable fighter with actual tech and skill involved (read: not Smash). Of course I'm going to gravitate to it, won't waste my time with style-over-substance animu fighters or slow and sloggy 3D fighters.

yeah, you have to uninstall the driver manually though if you ran the game before the rollback.

Well seems like there is no way around a ps4 for me now.

I already have a stick thats compatible with it atleast.

I really dont want to play sf5, but i want to play kof and T7.

And pc T7 wont have crossplay.

They probably just hid it better this time. I wouldn't risk it.

i guess this pretty much the problem with skullgirls.

>SF4U
>Above GGAC

Fucking kill yourself.

This is why i loved marhvle when it was in in it's prime.
Sure there was X-factor comback but those where hype when it happen even if it happend to me.
But when i shat on people using only one character (i fucking love you Dante) that was the best feeling in the world.

Everthing fucking game in SF feels so close even tho it isn't because one combo takes 50% hp and does 90% stun

It's not really fun when i can't tell if im getting better

Because he's obviously just going to look for a SF game, moron, it's not like those games are hard to find or even acknowledge the existence of

getting better =/= having fun
you'll know when you're getting better

>T7 wont have crossplay.
Im scared as fuck for that game now
Im still gonna get because i love tekken it but i hope it wont be dead.

So this is the face of an FGCuck.

What a sad existence you must lead.

>I like (series)
>Man it sucks that most recent installment of (series) isn't doing too well

I fail to see a problem. And it's not like I'm spineless enough to let some faceless user's opinion change my mind about it, but you can stick with your superior limb-based combat if you want.

>Only plays one example of the genre
>Irrationally shits on the alternative because of FGC memes and buzzwords

I'm sorry that you'll only be able to enjoy SF but realize that when you're choking down Capcom's dick, you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

>one touch = half of your lifebar
You never played vanilla SF2

Or pretty much any iteration of SF2.

The damage values are off the charts.

My rationale is that spreading myself then across other fighting game series that I honestly don't care for as much will keep me from ever getting good at the one I want to, which is SF. I guarantee most people here on Cred Forums that bounce from SF to KoF to GG to Tekken and back play at a very low level across all of them because a single fighter demands a lot of attention by nature and few fundamentals carry over between them.

I wanna get good at SF as my go-to fighter and continue to play everything else that I do on a regular basis, I'm not gonna commit myself wholly to the fighting scene just to waste time proving a point to people like (You)

Hell, Blanka used to take more damage if you hit him during his roll attack, so nailing him with a shoryuken was pretty much a one touch noncombo half his lifebar

Which is partially why people like it. High damage equals faster games equals more playtime.

That totally explains why people like KOF95

-> 50 Characters
-> Good gameplay
Right about those 2
-> Best netcode for a fighting game
Even with the patch the online is still not as good as it could be.

>And yet it's the worst selling mainline SF game in the franchise's history.

3 sold less. No versions of three even hit the six digit or million mark in sales

>Best netcode for a fighting game
I wish. One day more fighting games will get as good netcode as Melty, but right now basically everything is so far behind.

As bad or flawed as Street Fighter V might had been, you have to admit those new character bios on the official Capcom website are awesome.

>3 sold less.
Only because the only versions of III that were available on home consoles for a while were the Dreamcast ports of Double Impact and 3rd Strike. The PS2 and Xbox versions came out much latter. It didn't get ported to everything like II and Alpha were.

I'm sure Street Fighter III did pretty well during arcade income.

>My rationale is that spreading myself then across other fighting game series that I honestly don't care for as much will keep me from ever getting good at the one I want to, which is SF.

Actually, knowing how to play other fighting games gives you more versatility than if you only played one game since they all follow the same basic principles, whether you're talking SF, MK, Divekick, Smash, or GG.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that they all play the same, just that they all operate off of similar principles.

>I guarantee most people here on Cred Forums that bounce from SF to KoF to GG to Tekken and back play at a very low level across all of them because a single fighter demands a lot of attention by nature and few fundamentals carry over between them.

Cred Forums being shit has more to do with the fact that most people ITT have never even touched a fighting game, let alone understanding how they work.

And this applies to anything that Cred Forums talks about, not just fighting games.

You're pulling Cred Forums levels of conspiracy retardation.

>SFIV Being praised this much
>SFV being trashed this much

IV was fucking garbage most of it's life span. I only ever enjoyed the game during the Super SFIV era. That's when the game felt complete. 10 new characters, new Ultras for the entire cast, new stages. Shit was so cash.

After that it got bloated with trash tier characters, OP twins, boring vortex knockdown shenanigans, and at it's final stretch, cheesy Elena healing crap. (Should have made Healing her super move so she has to choose between healing or EX moves)

If SFV was just a re-skinned SFIV, I would have dropped it. Good riddance, and the only people complaning are people that got cucked into playing it because other fighting games besides """"Smash"""" didn't have much of a scene.

>guess breaking is the norm
>neutral is throwing random normals

Perhaps you should improve.

>I guarantee most people here on Cred Forums that bounce from SF to KoF to GG to Tekken and back play at a very low level across all of them because a single fighter demands a lot of attention by nature and few fundamentals carry over between them.

user, most people on Cred Forums don't even play fighters. Like, this recent fiasco is easy to shitpost about because it isn't centered around the mechanics of the game itself but what was included in an update.

You could almost switch fighter with anything as far as this board is concerned.

It didn't.

All versions of 3 and the CPS3 boards in general were financial failures that lost capcom a lot of money.

New Gen and 2nd Impact were ass and by the time 3rd strike hit only a small number of people cared because between 2nd and 3rd there was the EX series that didn't catch on.

Not at all but ok,

>didn't launch SFV on Steam when the patch hit or when the rollback happened
>can't find Capcom.sys at all

Am I clear for take-off, or am I just missing a spot check terribly?

whats the story on this gif

>All versions of 3 and the CPS3 boards in general were financial failures that lost capcom a lot of money.
[citation needed]

you're clean

LOBBY IS UP

8 MAN, FT1, NO PWORD, 99SEC

Host: Nolite

Its not randomly as "I'll just do it"

I say its random as in "maybe he will dash forward now, maybe he will jump and it will catch him, maybe he will stick his leg out and I'll hit it". The neutral isn't bad per see, I said it is like SFIV's, but without focus attacks, and with many gap closers and armored/projectile invincible gap closers, and a lot more buttons that can confirm into big damage.

By biggest gripe with this game is actually the same with SFIV, as in you rarely go back into neutral.

When you do GG's "combo breaker" which is burst, or if you do a dead angle attack to stop pressure, the game goes back to neutral.

I think only KoFXIV and GGXrd do neutral game right currently.

always state region
anyway I can't play right now because I have school tomorrow and I gotta sleep early

SFV objectively has less buttons to convert into big damage than SFIV

I'm pretty sure the rollback itself deletes capcom.sys.

Next time set a password. Its WAY easier to find in random search that way

If only the art was better.

Can't find you. Make a new lobby and set a password so we can just search for you

REGION NIIGER

Then we wouldn't have that many of them

lol just play lmao

The neutral is better than SFV, but the issue this time lies with the defensive options.

You get a very limited number of defensive options in that game, with several characters having to rely on nothing but blocks and v-reversal to break out from pressure, meaning the issue this time is that a single attack can spell the end of the round.

If they added more defensive options and reduced the delay further to 4f (6.5f is still too much when you're in the defensive, frame-traps are still too OP) then the game would be as good as GGXrd and KoFXIV.

Of course then can't add a burst mechanic, because people would call them out for being unoriginal, but maybe a stronger form of v-reversal that uses up more resources?

At the start of the post I meant to say that the neutral in SFV is better than in SFIV and KI.

Maybe they should have taken their time with them. Same for the game itself

don't want to play teleport fighter

>complete
what did he mean by this

NEW LOBBY
8 players
CFN: -ULTM8-
Password: 2468
US EC, don't join if you don't have LAN please
Just search for a lobby with passwords to find it

>basically every character is "knockdown into oki rinse and repeat"
As a revelator player you are retarded and thats not even true for half the cast.

JOHHNY
SIN
SOL
SLAYER
FAUNST
AXL
DIZZY
RAM
ELPHIET
CHIPP
BEDMAN
ZATO
VENOM
POTEMKIN
JACK O

None of these characters are oki characters in the slightest you ignorant pleb.

This is also more than half the cast
If what you say is true then SFV is the same cause all you have to do is get a hard knockdown and use a cross up or grab

Another botched Sony team up. Nothing really new to see here and it never seems to go as planned for third party developers

>twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/779492931799429120
they didn't even code their malware on their own.

>JOHHNY
What? up until recently he had fucking unblockable setups on wakeup
>BEDMAN
He has his replays on wakeup

Just because they're not oki based characters like Milia doesn't mean that they don't have pretty good oki. Getting a knockdown in Guilty Gear leads to crazy 50/50 setups which are very hard to block.

it did you fool

I cant find the lobby

>zato
>venom
>ram
>elphelt
>jack-o
>dizzy
>bedman
bruh, many of the system mechanics revolve okizeme and how to deal with it.

> a single attack can spell the end of the round

You can spin that line out to apply to literally any fighting game, this isn't something exclusive to SFV.

i love whin kids like you try to shit on mk its funny

I've never played an animu fighter before because they looked like bloated messes filled with setplay and really drawn out combos for muh flash.
Would Guilty Gear Revelator be a good buy? I heard it's not as "anime" as most anime fighters, and even though I can't play it much now, it's on sale and it seems like a good price that won't get matched again for at least a few months.

>whin

I closed it

The guy who made that has been kinda whiny lately. A lot of what he's said in the past basically amounts to: it's not XIII. Funny since XIII is the KoF that departs away the most from what KoF games usually play like.

ok kid

Take it easy paplo

You're wrong about that brother. I'm the one who posted Which means I like GGXrd, but its wake-up game is the worst of the bunch.

I'll explain why:

-There is no back tech, quick tech or no tech like in SFV, there is no tech roll like in KoF, and there is no hard or soft knockdown either, you get knocked down, you have to sit there and wait

-The only difference between characters who are knocked down is the timing for they to wake-up, which is pretty pointless if you ask me, because all it does is force you to memorize each character's wake-up timing

-Because of the two above, every character has several different set-plays for knockdown based on distance and position, if you simply sit there and wait for you opponent to get up in GGXrd you're doing it wrong, because there is no reason to, as you know exactly when they are getting up and where they will be when they do, so there is no excuse not to do a set-up.

Well I guess I can make one

CNF: Demoncrest
PWD: 2222
Char selec Yes

nooo

I heard that SFV is mostly outsourced to other companies, especially chinese companies, it would make sense that whoever had this idea to put a rootkit in the game was a chink.

"To defeat your opponent you must first defeat yourself" - Asian philosophy man

You can see him trying to block it for just a nanosecond before he remembers that it's breaks guard

The human brain truly is beautiful

LP is one of the best buttons ive found, if you can predict someone is about to do something like if they are spamming overheads you can use s.HK to CC them, not sure what his CC combos are though

try s.LK > s.MK, from the MK you can c.MP and do a light stomp for some damage

His CC combos are mostly his HP x stomp stuff, you just have to walk up a bit. If you're too far away to walk up, you can link discs guidance, stronger if you're triggered.
I haven't played in a while so take it with a grain of salt, I might also be missing some.

lol

>no joy mech fight
shaking my damn head senpai