Do you remember your first contact with video games?

Do you remember your first contact with video games?

What game/s was your first?

Mega drive with Mega Bomberman. The lag made the game nearly unplayable in some levels.

It was a pretty subpar port job.

Pole Position, Robot Tank, or Gorf--all for the Atari 2600.

Earliest memory of vidya is playing SMB3 on the SNES remake and becoming so involved that I shit myself and left a stain on the carpet.

No I don't have autism.

Dizzy the Egg on the Amstrad CPC

I don't remember my first-ever video game. That would have been beyond the point of human development where memories actually start to form.

The closest I can get is a faint memory of playing Sonic 2 while I was about 3 years old.

Sonic and Aladdin on some SEGA console. I was under 3 and I would piss myself while playing instead of pausing to go potty. I was already destined to greatness.

The first game that I can remember playing was something on the PS1.

It was like a fighting game, except with playing cards? I remember that you would shake your controller to do some kind of card attack. Graphics were PS1 tier, of course.

>PS1
>shake your controller
I don't think so buddy

>That would have been beyond the point of human development where memories actually start to form.

Yeah but you remember things that sort of surprised or shocked you.

I remember when I first got introduced to video games when I was around 3 or 4, and I do because it was crazy, to be able to move a little guy inside the TV, my little brain exploded a bit.
I guess it's also because video games weren't something common back then, nowadays kids are used to "move things inside screens" since birth practically.

My first game was Smurf on Coleco Vision by the way.

Something on a bootleg Atari 2600 with a bunch of in-built games.

Won't touch it with a 10 foot pole because of nostalgia sanctity

Alpine Avalanche or Hunt the Wumpus. Not sure which.

>hunt the wumpus
Holy shit user, just how old are you?

You must be 18 or older to post here.

Earliest game I can remember playing was probably Street Fighter 2010.

This really fucked me up as a kid, because I never knew what it's name was even though I owned it. And after I lost the cartridge, it was impossible for me to figure it out again because I knew there was no way this was a Street Fighter game.

It wasn't until AVGN did a review of it years in the future that I ever realized what I'd been playing that whole time.

Great game, but fucking hard.

rastan on the sega master system

pong

It was the mid 80s when my dad got the TI-99 home computer.

Pong.

Alpiner, sorry.

Still my favorite game.

Mario Bross with my siblings. I was probably 3 or 4.

I think so, buddy. Dualshock existed, as well as analogue sticks.

The Dualshock didn't have sensitive movement like the PS3's Sixaxis.

You're either bullshitting or your toddler memory is fooling you.

Shit, wrong pic. I was meant to post this.

After that I was given that same cartridge (super Mario 3) but in white and life never was the same again.

I remember it well because my sister's friend came over with a broken shoulder. I beat her every round because she was unable to shake the controller.

Pretty hard to forget that mate. I wish I could remember the name of the game. The characters faced towards the screen...

A couple of Commodore 64 games. The one I remember clearly is Boulder Dash.

>Dizzy the Egg on the Amstrad CPC

This and Burnin' Rubber.

3 years old.
Parents brought me over to neighbors house party.
Some of the guys ended up playing Super Marios Bros on NES.
At that point, my life was ruined.

Wonder Boy III: Dragons trap.

Still my favourite game to date.

Spanner man for me bro

Probably those tiger handheld "games" you could get at toys r us and kmart.

For a really little kid that stuff was entertaining in the car.

I don't know if I played some stuff on floppy disk or nintendo first. On floppy I had some of those educational games for little kids. But I clearly remember loving "video games" when I got the nes bundle with track&field mario and duck hunter. That was fun. I would just play something if my mom got it for me. A ducktales game. A mario game here and there. A mickey mouse game. BUGS BUNNY'S CRAZY CASTLE.

But I first became actively interested in getting games around the time genesis came out. This was when videogames based on movies were actually good. Lion King and Aladdin were good games.

>be a kid
>mum and dad go to see a tennis game IIRC and take me with them
>tennis court has a small bar with 2 coin-ops
>see pic related
>life changed forever
I'm fucking 40

Very first was that chinese block handheld thing.
First on bigger screen was adventure island on NES ripoff.

Loser

why?

first ever videogame
tetris on those cheap hand devices that used to be sold on the streets

first console game
Chip n Dale for the nes

first PC game
Jazz Jackrabbit

When I was a child my parents would rent a NES from the local store and stay up all night playing Super Mario Bros 3 and I used to watch the the crack of my door until I fell asleep

I'm sorry, but your memory is not real. At least not the part where it was a PS1 game.

Good taste, youngfag. The Master System was my 2nd gaming system.

Well there can't be a lot of games about fighting with cards.

I mean.

Literally attacking your opponent with playing cards accompanied by fire and dancing.

The part that's fake is about shaking your controller doing anything at all.
Maybe the game didn't require you to shake it, but you thought it did.

The older kids probably pranked him.

>I want Turok 2 for Christmas!

>Okay sweetie, here.

Fortunately it was pretty good. I can't even imagine how my life would have turned out if it was the N64 version.

i play through it regularly. its more like a relaxing stroll than a fun game
> you hear the overworld theme
> you hear the battle theme
> you hear the monsters die

>this will never be an alt for ken

American Werewolf in London for the ZX spectrum

Sitting down and watching my older half brother playing a few games on his PS1.
Saw him play Soulblade, RE2, Star gladiator and some futuristic bizzaro world game where I freaked out because the character called another guy a son of a bitch

No, shaking the controller was definitely an attack.

Someone please name this game already.

I actually got genuinely scared by this game when I was a kid. Maybe four or five. I even ran out of the room, screaming.

Mostly because every single thing I was doing was resulting in death. It felt like nothing I did was resulting in success. Plus I didn't make the connection that it was just a game, and that I was not actually hurting/killing the turtles by fucking up.

That was the end of my NES days when I freaked out for the last time on a different game, and my father pulled the composite cable so hard that it came straight out of the TV, circuitboard and all.

It doesn't exist because PS1 controllers aren't movement-sensitive.

This.
Pker & Blackjack on Intellivision.
We also had Golf.

It's probably a Wii or PS3 game.

I remember the excitement in slot card game art covers and slotting them in on the super Nintendo.
I had no idea how I got the games I had, I only imagine my parents randomly got them. It was a chopper game (see pic). To me the game was fucking good I would vent but come back at another angle and do well and I appreciated it for that.

I also had greendog for the super Nintendo. That was weird.

I also had a game with crows and zombies in it, a platformer but forgot the name.

Rockman, don't remember if 1 or 3. But I used to play both a lot. Oh, I think it was 3 cause of Protoman.

Killing Nazis with my old man. Was the last time I remember him enjoying a video game

Strike games were excellent

My first experience with a PS1 game was when I first saw this game, and I was blown-the-fuck-away when I first saw it.

>OH MY GOD WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE THE HELICOPTER IS COMING OUT OF THE TELEVISION?!

My firs console in 1993

Police Busy is my fav game

Normal controllers back then didn't have motion sensors, user. Unless you're talking about special controllers like the Samba ones for the Dreamcast, you moved the controller around in the air because your big brothers were playing a prank on you.

>Son, what the fuck is wrong with you. That game is for girls, maybe even fags. Look at these other games, this one has a guy with a gun on the box. You want that game, right?

Jokes on him, that game with the guy on the box was shit

But if I misremembered the controller shaking, how else will I find out what this game was?

It probably had a loose button or something that made it close the circuit.

Not him, but here's a crazy thought: Was it a rumble controller by any chance?

If so, the controller shaking wasn't causing an attack, but an attack you were causing was making the controller shake. It's just being young, you thought one was causing one, but not the other.

First game I remember playing was Yoshi's Island, first game I finished was Crash Team Racings story mode.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANY MORE.

AW YEAH

REMEMBER THIS BALLER MOTHERFUCKER?

He went out to rescue the entire fucking school from killer robots with only a camera and his underpants.

I remember getting stuck on that stage where you had to run towards the screen. I didnt even know until years later that this was based on a fps.

That stage SUCKED

That boss SUCKED

The only way I could think of to beat it when I was a wee lad was to get really close to the bottom of the screen and then memorize the pattern that the stones came out. One time, I just got lucky and made it through.

I literally cried one day when I had found out my mom had thrown out my password sheet. Meaning I had to go back and do that all again.

then I found out that the game had a level skip and I always played legit except when I got to that one boss, which I skipped every time.

Was a pretty good challenge when I was 6. Still replay sometimes for the sake of nostalgia.