Ok, so i have made my mind into buying a ps4...

Ok, so i have made my mind into buying a ps4. Now what i need to do is decide between buying the slim model right now or waiting to buy the pro. The problem im facing is that i dont know if the new games that will come out after pro exists will play like shit in the old console or not. That would make buying the pro a better option. And i dont know if the current games that are already out will receive patches that make it worth the money put into pro. If they dont, it makes buying the slim the superior choice.

I want you guys to use your stock of knowledge on vidya to give an opinion on this. Plz help?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGBlwdkHWFs
youtube.com/watch?v=R_D9iX9U40E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is $100 bucks that much more money?

say you've been given a choice to spend the rest of your life with either a 10/10 chick or a 11/10 chick
who do you pick?

neither

Money is not a non issue, but im kind of hyped right now to buy it so its more about the time. I really dont feel like waiting 1 month for it.

wizards need not apply

wait a month and get the pro. I can promise you that games coming out from now on will be much better on the pro, regardless of the "it's going to be the same on both systems!" bullshit.

I'm at the same crossroads as you right now.
If you don't have 4k TV then you will play in enhanced 1080p mode on PS4PRO
bulk of PS4PRO games in enhanced 1080p mode will just use super-sampling from the resolution that they operate in 4k mode to 1080p to get a "better" picture
but just like upscaling, supersampling blurs the picture
i prefer native 1080p resolution with some AA to blurred supersapmled image any day
PS4PRO is not just the same GPU with more compute units, it has architectural differences
means there will be problems supporting games made with the old GPU in mind
means there probably wont be a choice between playing version for normal PS4 or PRO version if you own a PS4PRO, you will always get the PRO version.

Wait until the PS5 comes out, then buy a used Pro for $200 and a bunch of games for $5 each.

they will play fine. the pro just adds higher frame rates and better graphics if youre on 1080p display. also bigger hard drive and other stuff, its well worth it imo. especially if you have a 4k tv, then it uses higher resolutions and upscales them (some of them can even be native 4k, but it will be rare).

Wait for Pro

TLG is coming 3 weeks after the pro anyway

I'm in the same boat. My thinking is that ps4 pro is just better in the long run. Perhaps developers may only focus on the 4k and rarely the framerate increases for 720p/1080, but it's better to be safe in case one or two games greatly benefit from it.

Also in the long run 4k TVs may become more affordable. The fuck are you impatient for? Bloodborne will always be there for you by the time pro comes out. A month or so is nothing. If it was a 2017 affair then I'd understand.

Who cares about that shitty puzzler wi

it's a hundred bucks extra, why the hell not

if money is not an issue then why don't you just buy both then, you'll get to play the games you want and depending on how the games run when the new ones come out you can decided whether you need a pro or not.

Listen here my main man.
Not buying a PS4Pro a bit later is like conceeding that your initial concern about games not running well on the OGPS4 in the future, doesn't matter.

You have to weigh your concerns user. If you want the PS4 now right now you might be missing out on some really good stuff for the future, but if you wait for PS4pro to launch.... there literally is no problem other than your hype might have died out a bit.

But i think it fits better to buy the pro at a later date because then you have a game filled half year until E3.
Only down side is you may get a backlog buildup of games like bloodborne or ratchet and clank or whatever you like.

Literally the worst thing about buying the pro for you is that your hype might die down a bit and you will have too many games to play at once.

Reminder you didn't get the early adopter perk of pic related.

I ended up choosing the silm since Bestbuy had that deal where you get a free 150USD headset with it. But now that it's over, I honestly don't know if either of them would be worth MSRP.

If you have a 4k/UHD TV, why not go for the pro one? If you don't and you aren't looking into that kind of upgrade anytime soon, why bother?

>hype died down

name one instance when hype has actually benefited ANYONE. You generally get burnt out when impulse buying a game or console on launch and if turns out bad you will immediately regret everything much worse.

I think hype is good for motivation to get through a game.
Take Bloodborne for example
If you are not used to hard games like that it might take a bit of motivation to get past the learning curve, and to be honest a good chunk of good games requires some motivation to get going.
Gravity rush for example, no one was really hyped about the game until they tried it.
Many people have it in their backlog but now we can't FUCKIN wait to play the next one.

But that is literally the ONLY THING that hype can be useful for.

youtube.com/watch?v=FGBlwdkHWFs
youtube.com/watch?v=R_D9iX9U40E

>tfw never activated P.T. on my account
>but one of my friends did
>logged into his account and used the proxy trick to redownload P.T.
>now all I have to do is switch users to play it, but it's still there
>can do the same when the PS4 Pro comes out

:)

And they said console owners were stupid. HAH!

I hope you're being facetious

This is in no means a "smart" process. I literally just ran a proxy on my PC that my PS4 was redirected through to download P.T. from God knows where. A trained monkey could do it.
then again I play on PC too ;)

Kek

Another thing that i think about is if this patches for increased graphs and such for games in ps pro will be sold as dlcs or if we are going to pay the same thing for games as we do for the normal ps4.

Get the pro for the last of us remastered remastered

OP here. I was out of internet for a moment so im just coming back now.

Thank you very much, you convinced me.

Thank guys, you were very helpfull.