PC controller

Need a good controller for PC games, don't have a console. Anyone have experiences with the Xbox One S controller? Dualshock 4 seems good too but the Xbox works without third party software. Any advice?

I've had no troubles with the S controller on windows 10, can't speak for 7 though. It feels very nice.

Original 360 controller wired is still the best.

Do you use a wire for this or bluetooth? Also do you perhaps know if batteries are still required when you're connected with a wire?

Logitech f710 is pretty gud

if connected with a wire you do not need batteries it turns into a normal wired controller

I have the non-S, works fine without batteries on a wire.
As an aside, do you have irl friends, user? If you ever want to connect multiple controllers, you can't do it wirelessly with the new S revision. 1 controller only over bluetooth.
You could connect up to 4 non-S model controllers, user. There are so many great local multiplayer games, user. You want to play them, don't you, user?

That's amazing. Guess I'll be going for that one then. Thanks for the help everyone.

Looked it up. Imo it doesn't seem like it's worth 50 bucks when I can get the Xbox controller for 5 more. Especially considering the build quality (as far as I can see from pictures online)

DS3/DS4 are fantastic with SCP server, never tried Bluetooth with them though.

I honestly don't care too much about the wireless functionality, and I have like two friends so not much of a problem. Thanks, user.

>'what controller' threads posted every day
>the answer is always the same

the newer Xbox one controllers are a straight upgrade though especially the d pad

>Have you fucked yet threads posted every day
>The answer is always the same

There is only one answer.

Just upgraded from my wired 360 to the new Xbone controller and it's worth it.

This. Been using my DS3 with SCP for a while and it's perfect. Retro gaming to new shit, all feels great.

Can't stand the PS4 controller. It's better than PS3 but the analog sticks piss me off. Why is this shit not concave? Right now I gotta go with this:

Xbone = WiiU Pro > 360 > PS4 > PS3

Too bad the xbone + adapter is expensive, and getting the wiiu pro controller to work on PC is a royal pain in the ass.

>xbone better than 360
Holy fuck thats delusional.

why don't you get a steam controller user xD

Can I plug it into my PC using the same USB cable as i'd use for DS4?
DS4Windows seems to have issues with most games.

I tried my wired 360 controller for Touhou. I compared the controller and keyboard.
The smallest step possible with the controller was bigger than the small tap with the keyboard.
So basically it was unusable.
Now the question, did I set it up incorrectly (I didn't do shit, it worked out of the box) or is the controller not suited for the game?

The lack of Bluetooth is really something that put me off of buying one. Does the S sync fine with windows 10 stack? How does it compare to the xbox 360 controller? As someone who prefer the xbox 360 dpad over others, does it feel similar?

Only bumpers are worse, everything else is better.

Different user here, have both. Current 360 has squeaky triggers and very slight stick drift after 600 hours or so. Xbone has neither issue so far after 450 hours, non-cancer dpad and better bumpers if you use index finger for both bumper and trigger like god intended.
Granted for half the money the 360s are better value, but otherwise xbone > 360.

Why would anyone use a wired controller. I have the adapter on pc and my 360 controller and some 7 year old rechargable batteries and they last me like a week of play or more.