Explain Why You Haven't Bought This

>Sold at 40$ base price
>Preorder discount plus loyalty discound (owning 1 game from the developer before purchase) prices the game at almost 30 $
>Supports 21:9 , no Denuvo, DRM free GOG version, crossplay between Steam and GOG players, 100% optional coop, extremely well optimized according to PC news sites and the official system requirements, FOV slider and fully customizable graphics and HUD
>Devolver Digital being the publisher

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UpDogn4ee90?t=214
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know if I'll like the "loot shooter" direction that the game took.

I saw video with super-bullet-spongy mini-bosses everywhere and repetitive gameplay.

waiting end of month for my pay

then proceed to spend more at other stuff and wait for an other month

halp

Wait, it's out!? On what?

I don't play shitty cash-ins of beloved franchises

On steam, up for preorder. Out on Oct 13

>Implying Shadow Warrior OC was a franchise in the first place

Nigga, it was 1 old as hell game with some expansions. The reboot is just a entirely new game with same names.

>procedurally generated

It's shit

>>We take every thing people hate from the first and put it on a sequel.

It look too much like an h&s compare to the first one

I didn't find the first reboot that compelling, not worth blowing $40 for more of the same.

I wasn't big on the first one, why would I like this one more?

>no Denuvo
probably why

I really like devolver digital and shadow warrior 1 was awesome but the change to a looter shooter doesn't make me positive whether or not it will be good

$30 bucks is such a good price though, god damn.

>full of shitty borderlands-style questing and tedious grinding

no thanks

shadow warrior 2013 was pretty cool but this looks like garbage

>Procedural level design
>Instead of fixing the bullet sponge issue of the first game they're making enemies soak up even more damage for the sake of multiplayer
>Loot system
Absolutely nothing about it is appealing in the slightest

this

>borderlands 2 clone
Be gone vile marketing man

>Explain Why You Haven't Bought This

>Release Date 13th Oct

>explain why you haven't bought this

i didn't even remotely enjoy the first one despite getting it dirt cheap in a humble bundle or something

>tedious grinding

You mean tedious combat system. Liking the combat system would make grinding enjoyable.

Shadow Warrior 2013 wasn't even that spectacular, just decent. I'll wait for this to drop to $5 before considering it.

>listing off all that extraneous guff but nothing about the actual game

I'm not going to buy a shit game just because it's technically sound and the devs/publishers are cool dudes. That's just pathetic tbqh.

Shadow Warrior 2013 was shit, and from what I've seen, it looks like they've somehow managed to make the sequel markedly worse. Of course this is the same dev who put out Hard Reshit, so there's no reason to have any faith in them.

Because it's not out yet

First game wasn't very good.
Guns felt like ass until upgraded (and meh even then) but looking for cash killed the pacing. Sword on the other hand you can easily max all the good stuff not even trying for points.

Map design was insanely bad. Mostly just figuring out whether it wants you to go left or right because one is a ''secret'' and the other is a door that actually opens.

Enemies are jokes once you get the laser head skill because those enemies are the only ones worth caring about and they all die with 1 head and drop 1 head.

it's gonna be 50% off in half a year, that's why. fuck off, devolver.

I wont buy a game that is a neutered version of itself.

They took out everything that made the original Shadow Warrior great because some white liberal feminists might get upset and suck nigger dicks.

Just play the original. All 3 build engine shooters are GOAT.

>pre-order

Stopped reading. Fuck off

the only people who care about no DRM/GOG are pirates

prove me wrong

I'd rather play the original. And I don't even like it that much.

Because SW2013 was shit, and everything I´ve seen and heard of #2 is just absolutely disgusting.

I'll really annoyed at the direction they've taken it.

The first game (ie the reboot) was really fun and good and the finale left me dumbstruck since I wasn't expecting something so poignant out of a goddamn Shadow Warrior game.

Now we gotta have the coop borderlands crew, let's make the levels procedural and make it into a dumb diablo shit wannabe. I don't care about that shit.

>another multiplayer sequel to a single-player game

I might buy for $5 later, it if it's fun to play alone.

None of my friends ever played the first Shadow Warrior and probably wouldn't play this because they're all plebs who spend their time on League of Legends and ARK. Furthermore, I just don't have enough free time to coordinate with other people and their limited free time when I want to play a video game.

Because it's not release yet?

Gonna wait to see if there's an actual campaign or if everything is just procedural generated.
Also wanna see if they finally made a fun shotgun, first game shotgun is probably close to being the worst shotgun in any fps game ever.

I'm not buying it because the loot grindan aspects are fucking retarded additions to a classic-FPS and based on all the footage I've seen its clear the levels are designed with the idea you'll be playing with at least one other person.

If they'd just not included the random elements to the level generation, cut the RPG shit out that also bogged the first game down, and not made you have to grind for fucking guns it'd be my most anticipated game of the rest of the year.

But nah, they wanted the fucking Borderlands audience too much so they changed genres.

you haven't seen the gameplay? the guns are still awful
youtu.be/UpDogn4ee90?t=214
here's the shotgun
i'd rather stick to KF2 for coop mayhem

This, flying wild hog is being stupid to run headfirst into the worst aspects of the last game and amplify it ten fucking fold.

Pros
>Drastically more gun variety
>Much better melee combat
>More verticality to map design
>Has an actual budget so it'll suffer from less asset reuse
>Co-op so I can play with friends
>€40 at release

Cons
>Doubled down on RPG elements
>Fucking loot grinding for weapons

Yeah, I'll probably pick it up if reviews are good. One thing people in this thread seem confused about is the level generation though.

They don't generate the whole level, 90% of it is fixed besides "setpieces" (read: small arenas with randomized enemy placement and layout)

>randomized loot gimmick

Also the first one got boring REALLY fast, fighting the same 5 basic bullet sponge enemies for the umpteenth time with an uninteresting set of weapons really grated on my patience.

I'm gonna buy SW2 if and only if my Steam friends buy it so we can bro-op together, otherwise I'm gonna pass it over until it's like $5 in a sale, barring the game being really fucking good, and I don't think it will be.

Easy, I thought the first one was okay at best and this one looks like it took several turns for the worse.

say what you want about memelands but even that game had much better weapons

Guns look alright apart from the grenade launcher.
The guy playing seemed to be missing a lot when using the dual uzi's. Swordplay looks even better which will probably be the thing that makes me buy it. But again, I'll wait and see, I got the first shadow warrior for 3.5 shekels and enjoyed it a lot so I wouldn't be too mad if I'd pay 30 for this and not like it.

Its not out yet, going to watch some more gameplay on it before deciding to buy it. Current concern is if the game grows stale after the first few hours.

>Doubled down on RPG elements
>Loot grinding for weapons

This sounds good to me.

games are so plentiful and constantly on sale I barely pirate anymore. I have literally no reason to as my backlog is 9 miles long.

t. reformed pirate now gog user.

The midbosses took way too much damage, you had to save all the fancy stuff against them. But otherwise I dont recall the enemies being bullet spongy. A single headshot from the very first gun instakilled most enemies throughout the whole game. Headshots with all the weapons killed everything very quick, save for those annoying larger monsters.

>playing a single player shooter on anything but hard difficulty

>one of the common complaints for SW 2013 were awful guns
>they add RPG system in a sequel to make it even worse
based devs

Why did they make the new Lo Wang so annoying? Old Lo Wang had a certain charm to him. From all the videos I've seen of SW2, I pretty much hate everything Lo Wang says.

First person melee combat is bad and you should feel bad.

I think the problem here is how easy it is to fuck those things up.
They can be great and good fun, but if they're not they'll drag the entire game down cause everything will be based around it and ruin all the rest that's good.

Same thing. Monsters died superfast when you were aiming towards either the limbs or the head, their skin doesnt get much tougher in the toughest difficulty.

Those numbers spewing out of the dead bodies.

I suddenly regret pre-ordering on GOG.

Trick is to make 95% of all enemies rely on their numbers instead of bullet sponginess for that to work. Bosses the size of semi-trucks its understandable, 2-3 clips to the head per one enemy in order to kill it is not.

Thing with Diablo 2 and its (good) clones is the appeal comes from the fact youre a hero who kills 10+ enemies at once most of the time. And the only way you really die on those games (save for bosses) is if you get surrounded by the huge numbers of enemies.

>Sold at 40$ base price
its indieshit, should be $20, $30 at most
>Preorder
ew
>Supports 21:9
who cares
>no Denuvo
not a piratefag
>DRM free
should be a given
>GOG version
don't care
>crossplay between Steam and GOG players
cool, should be a given
>100% optional coop
should be a given
>extremely well optimized according to PC news sites and the official system requirements
should be a given
>FOV slider and fully customizable graphics and HUD
should be a given
not buying this after the shitty boss battles in SW2013, might consider it on sale if they improve the gunplay

I was hoping they would fix the guns but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Any shooter with a horizontal FOV that cannot be set at least to 90 degrees is a piece of shit from a technical standpoint

yeah, every game should have it
it's not a positive for a game to have it, it's a minimum requirement

I don't buy games until they are released.

Then it isn't out yet genius

>every game
I hope you mean first person shooter

He's not saying it's out retard, he was nice enough to spoonfeed you more info on wether it's out or not and you're being a sarcastic bitch about it.

I didn't even know it was out

Not really. The guns look a lot more varied and fun.

The issue is that unlocking them requires you FUCKING GRIND and you have no way to pick which you get when.

A narrow FoV is frustrating in any game with a first or third person camera, but it's especially annoying in a shooter

>he was nice enough to spoonfeed you more info on wether it's out or not and you're being a sarcastic bitch about it.
Hey moron user isn't one person

no user, i mean that RTS games should have a FOV slider, also i would enjoy if marion kart went up to 120 degrees fov

The first one was mediocre.

serious sam 3 was boring for half the game and mediocre

Does he ever shut the fuck up?
His one liner clips are worse than the first game, like the writers arn't even trying anymore

You really don't want a 3rd person camera with 106.26 FOV or you've never tried it.

No shit sherlock.
I was calling the retard I replied to a retard.
I don't know what you thought to achieve with your cancerous post though.

Problem is to make those aspect good to need a lot of experience in RPG aspect

The person you replied to was me and I was not the person that the other user provided info to therefore there I was not spoonfed I am calling out that one user for answering a question of "it's out" with "yeah it comes out in October" which is irrelevant to what the first user asked.
Stop assuming that everyone posting user is the same and quit dickriding strangers on the internet.

>The guns look a lot more varied and fun.
and still feel like peashooters. my point was regarding game balance though. these kind of shooters are exciting because you can kill a lot of enemies in a short time period, and here you are chainsawing one robot for 10 seconds (in a game where melee weapons are supposedly better than guns), doesn't seem fun to me. looks wonky as fuck too

thinking about telling GOG to cancel my preorder :(

>no Denuvo

alright, will pirate then

>Guy asks if it is out
>No it comes out on this date instead
>This somehow is not relevant because it doesn't answer wether it comes out or not?
Are you illiterate?

dafuq is that trip

>drm free should be a given
>dont care about gog

Where do you get your drm free games from?

"What it's out?"
>"yes" *proceeds to explain that it isn't out yet
THEN WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SAY YES?

that's not a trip newfag

Where are all you niggers getting the loot drop shit gameplay from?

All I see it the 2015 floor demo from e3

all you whiny faggots who have no idea what you are talking about need to shut the hell up

you are the cancer, you fucking memers

Wait, people actually get immersed & feel empowered when they play isometric click-on-enemies-with-a-CURSOR games?
How the fuck?

he is just shitposting and doesn't know the first thing about the game

like 90% of the "people" in this topic

Thanks for confirming you're illiterate.
Here is what the user typed:
>On steam, up for preorder. Out on Oct 13
In other words, he's saying it's on steam up for pre-order, implying it's not out yet.
He even continues telling you it's out on oct 13 instead.
Fuck off with your retarded posts.

>sports consumer-friendly features in today's anti-consumer vidya industry
>instead of being grateful and maybe, just maybe, voting with his wallet, user dismisses them with 'should be a given' and clenches his wallet tighter than ever
>implication is that he would never even CONSIDER buying games that don't sport those 'should be a given' features

You don't play many vidya nowadays, do you?

>I feel the need to play scrub shooters

lol, have fun with easy mode

If he only plays drm free games and he doesnt like gog, its safe to say he doesnt play modern vidya. Maybe witcher 3 physical copy

Because my PC is shit and I don't wanna get made fun of for buying it on console

First one was really repetitive.

how many games does everyone own on GOG? 332 games here.

nice strawman

Your posts looks like a fucking advertisement, you dumb shill.

Kys.