What's your favorite JRPG series? SRPGs welcome

What's your favorite JRPG series? SRPGs welcome.

Shin Megami Tensei is the only good jrpg series

Still needs Trails and Ys represented.

the only series I got into is megaten

Etrian odyssey, followed by SMT and then by DQ.

Perfect taste desu

With what?

Is Tales any good? I bought Tales of Zestria but I don't know if I wanna play it.

Tactics Ogre
Suikoden
Grandia

I know it's supposed to represent games which are still very much alive but can we put a Breath of Fire in there too?

neptunia is patrician you fuck

Final Fantasy is the best series. There are better games in other series but judged as an overall collection Final Fantasy is still king of JRGs.

SMT
Tactics
Fire Emblem
Etrian Odyssey
Final Fantasy

Shining Force, 1-3 and CD.

empty chairs.

Alive series: Final Fantasy, SMT (not Persona)
Dead series/in limbo: Front Mission, Chrono, Tactics Ogre

with what? a blank image?

>trails

you already are. can't you see it on the OP's pic?

Dragon Quest.

Easily.

t. absolute pleb

is it weird that my favorite Tales Of games are the ones the fujoshis hate? Yes Abyss is one of them FIGHT ME BRO TELL ME WHY LUKE IS A BAD LEAD I FOOKIN DARE YA!

SRW

I loved tales of symphonia

I met a Canadian girl once in a hostel who said she loved Tales Of games, and she looked almost exactly like the one in the pic

I've never played the Shin Megami Tensei series. Should I play through them all in release order?

trials != tales

series based on fighting game mechanics put into a jrpg with combos and cancels, also had a nice focus on character interactions with its skits and other gimmicks like cooking, was at its peak during the ps2 era with games like Tales of rebirth, tales of destiny 2 and tales of destiny remake. eventually got raided by fujoshis and now focuses on "graphics", "stories" and "bishonen". barely tries to improve on its original appeal these days, a phantom of its former self.

if anyone tries to recommend you a tales game based primarily on its story-line, they are a filthy secondary.

not saying story-lines are bad here, but they are a nice frosting on tales games, not the main focus.