So I installed SH 2-4 and got them running fine but I'm running into this problem with SH2...

So I installed SH 2-4 and got them running fine but I'm running into this problem with SH2. When ever a load screen comes up pic related happens. How do I fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I got this problem too, I just restarted the game and it worked fine.

compatibility mode

Restart the game. Always fixes this.

PM'd you the fix

Ok I'll check it out

Since we got a PC Silent Hill thread already up and running, let´s repost the latest SH PC guide pic + these DL links for the games:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.

You could also try the new PGXP emulator, that adds Perspective Correction to PS1 textures.

Now I found a new issue. It wont let me save the game. Keeps saying it's corrupted.

made sure the game´s files arent set to "save only", and tried running as Admin ?

Also, you on W10 by any chance.

Yeah I'm on 10

i had this bug and it kinda fixed itself
played SH2 and SH3 with xinput gamepad and it worked without any problems

found your problem.
These days, every week, we get this kind of threads, and a good 4/5 of the problems seem to originate from W10.

i played it just fine on W10

Running as Admin fixed it. Time for some comfy horror games to get ready for Halloween.

stop shilling these grampa games, you are boring as shit

4/10

Use Lavendy driver for Xbox 360 controller - enables vibration for these games (and other directinput games for that matter) which is a big deal, especially for SH2.

Quick! Claim your waifu before someone else does!

best girl

It's a close tie, but Eileen's green eyes and half grin in pic related win me over