So what do you think of it so far? Does it feel like an RPG?

So what do you think of it so far? Does it feel like an RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/hands_on_painting_a_clearer_picture_of_paper_mario_color_splash
youtube.com/watch?v=RVWUQr8zah0
youtube.com/watch?v=S0UaBbhTmDk
youtube.com/watch?v=QcJNTANspYo
youtube.com/watch?v=kHPBqPSozHs
youtube.com/watch?v=yzKHuRzjtzM
youtube.com/watch?v=8wZSZG1ubUM
youtube.com/watch?v=ir2GqdUfPHk
strawpoll.me/11304604/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just unlocked the first zone. there's a painful lack of RPG mechanics. it's literally babbby's first RPG.

That sucks, i was hoping this would be good.

No. it does not.
The game throws gimmick after gimmick at you trying to cover the fact that it's combat system is boring as shit.
Collect cards to use - just collect the powerful ones and never battle again.
Color the cards for more power - game throws paint at you like it's going out of style. Which has. long before the game was even released.
Spin the wheel for a random card for some coins - Yeah. that is what this game needs. A chance battle system.

Shits dumb and boring

>the beginning area was not complex
i don't think this is a fair criticism

I just beat petey
It is ok but very lacking
I am going just to see if there is new stuff, game seem quite long tho

The first like 6 stages aren't the least bit complex.
The hardest and most complicated thing I have done in the game is play Roshambo. The fucking people outside tell you what the fucking opponents are going to use.

Well, maybe that's what it is?

Do you fat autists ever even think of that? Not every game Nintendo makes panders to 20 y/o nu-males. Some actually are just... for kids.

no

Miyamoto always say Mario games are for "everyone", from 5 to 40 years old

>Back to the beginning of my conversation with my Nintendo reps.
>"So, some of our readers are very, very vocal about their distaste for Paper Mario: Color Splash lacking RPG elements."
>In unison: "This is more of an adventure game."

nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/hands_on_painting_a_clearer_picture_of_paper_mario_color_splash

The problem is that SS and CS are oversimplications of a series that were already simple to begin with

The people who liked Super paper mario don't think thy are to blame for this.

>five hours to beat

Dark souls 3 took 2

>3d Land
>galaxy
>now Paper

Did the new Superstar Saga game end up being an adventure game? Why do they even have separate lines anymore? Why do they hate RPG elements? and more importantly, now that paper is dead will we ever see a new RPG mario line to replace it?

I'm not holding out much hope since camelot mario tennis/golf RPG's pretty much lost all their RPG and I'm still waiting for them to be not shit again

Mario and Luigi is still an RPG.

It's basically a worse version of SPM. The areas are segmented and feels similar in that way. (I like SPM) The combat is tedious and the characters are boring. Otherwise, it's a fun game. Wouldn't have bought it.

In short.
Fuck you Tanabe for ruining Nintendo after the death of Iwata.

Yep, you can download it

So was the game leaked in the end?

works perfect on cemU, emulating the hell out of it!

I only watched that recording of the 5 hour youtube stream, but on x1.5 speed, and even then the game is slow as fuck.

Who thought that was a good idea to have all animations, text and character walking speed play out so slow?

I'm sure if you compared it to other PM games, the walking speed is by far the slowest.

>The future of the series
>I think it would be great to just keep doing things that are funny and interesting
>But obviously we have to think of some kind of new paper-based theme
It's never getting better. Just let this series die.

Tanabe needs fired.

>after the death of Iwata
>after
Retard.

I know he made SS but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been moved off project if Iwata didn't kick the bucket.

Federation Farce and Color Trash we're way into development while Iwata was still alive. We was the one to greenlit that shit.
Yamauchi wouldn't have allowed garbage like that to be made.

>Snifit or Whiffit is back
At least something good happened

This game is an absolute chore. Somehow I'm having less fun than I did with the first few parts of sticker star before I realized what it was. It almost makes me depressed playing this and seeing the rpg it could have

But it has that nintendo polish with the npcs

Fed Forces was a rejected DSi concept in next levels Basement at the time and color splash was born from SS after its unwarranted success.
So all of what you just said was invalid.

So a proper Paper Mario sequel?

Funny joke but no.
The RPg elements never come and the extent of puzzles and problem solving in this game is on the level of designed for ages 4 and below.

Mario games were 4 to 40. Miyamoto wanted games to be for everyone. this game is for toddlers. Don't know why you would even need text in this game. i haven't had to read since the game started.

>GOD TIER
SMRPG
M&L BiS
PM TTYD

>GREAT TIER
M&L SSS
M&L DT
PM 64

>GOOD TIER
SPM
M&L PiT

>HEAVILY FLAWED TIER
M&L PJ

>NOT A FUCKING RPG
Sticker Shit
Cholera Splash

Made an immature video to celebrate the leak.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVWUQr8zah0

How does that make anything I said invalid?
They're shit games broken to the core that started development during Iwata's presidency, just like other trash like AC Amiibo Festival and the likes. He didn't care in any way whatsoever about quality control.

fed forced was brought back from hell after his death and if he was still alive we wouldn't have color splash the way it is now.

Fed Force was Tanabe's idea since the DSi and the only studio available was NLG after Dark Moon was finished

Did you rike my game Cred Forums?

It seems like Color Splash has the same problem as the South Park RPGs. That is, they are only good for their humor and writing and presentation, but the gameplay itself is mediocre.

The paint up mechanic is a lie
The cards use percentage instead of a fixed quantity so in the end your total paint ammount doesn't even matter

>after his death
You dumb faggot
FF was announced months before his death and they started working on it the moment the N3DS was made.
And CS is literally SS 2, of course he was ok with the new direction.
Then how are you gonna defend Amiibo Festival?

Stick of Truth was a fine game, even if the balancing fell apart in late game. It was also an actual fucking RPG.

It's like love
It's like romance

Cemu shills are laughable.

I heard the leak has long loading times. Is that true?

Being an RPG by itself is not a good or bad quality. It's just a genre. It has nothing to do with whether the gameplay is good or not.

People bitch about it not being a RPG, but would you be mad if the next Mario dropped all RPG elements like turn battles and was a straight adventure game?

Explain why Super was a good game. Because as a platformer, it's fucking horrible, and as an RPG, it's barely one.

Honestly, yes.
>Take out the RPG elements from SPM, reinforce and work on making a really good 2D semi-open world Platformer
I'd enjoy it immensely, I'd prefer a classic Paper Mario, but a pure adventure variant would be good too.

Loading games through SD cards is slow when the system wasn't made with them in mind

games on loadiine can take a while to load because of the nature of the way the exploit works.

HOWEVER, color splash is not that bad.

it's a decent metroidvania style adventure game.

God Tier:
TTYD
Superstar Saga

Great Tier:
SMRPG
Paper Mario

Bretty Good Tier:
Bowser's Inside Story
Paper Jam
Dream Team

Mediocre Tier:
Partners in Time

Bad Tier:
Colour Splash
Super Paper Mario

Insultingly Bad Tier:
Sticker Star

except the platofming gameplay was shitty, and most of the levels were flat and empty

The game basically fell apart after the 3rd chapter.

>God Tier:
The ones I like
>Shit Tier and below
The ones I don't like

See

The combat is so fucking duuuuuuuuull

Maybe it will get better, but the game has just been depressing so far
You've got all these creative scenarios, but the fundamental gameplay is just mind-numbing.

well I did say decent, not great. The platforming gets pretty good again in Chapter 7 and 8, and I loved the samurai challenge and the Flipside/Flopside gauntlet challenges.

I've paid zero mind to the Wii U hacking state of affairs, but does this shit work on the latest firmware?
I just let my Wii U auto-update since I'm not particularly fussed about this.

I'd still be annoyed that they still hadn't gone back to the tried-and-true formular of 64/TTYD, but a straight adventure game would definitely be preferable to what they're doing now. Trying to keep RPG elements but mixing them with other genres has seriously hurt the last three games in the series. They need to either go all the way with them or drop them completely.

If they didn't want Colour Splash to be an RPG, I don't understand why they kept the turn-based combat.

Without customization, it just seems mindless.

How far are you in the game?

An RPG without stats or customization is like a rhythm game with no music, a FPS with no guns, an adventure game with no exploration. You're removing a core element of the formula, not something optional.

At the part where I dropped it to go play SMT Apocalypse. I believed the "better than Sticker Star" meme, well it was but not by nearly enough.

A step above Sticker Star, but still not that great.

The combat system is still garbage, and the writing is just tryhard meta humor.

So far, I give it 5/10.

>Start playing color splash
>first battle
>yugioh cards
>no teamates
dropped

For comparison's sake, what score did you give Sticker Star.

I mean, assuming you actually somehow managed to play and finish it...

Not that user, but I thought Sticker Star was a 6/10. There were some genuinely creative bits, but they never managed to outweigh the bits that dragged.
It also didn't help that the final dungeon left such a bitter taste in my mouth. That shit was unbelievably lazy.

Colour Splash is clearly trying to make improvements on Sticker Star (even if it really doesn't get at the fundamental flaws). So far it feels like a better game, but I'd probably be harder on it if I hadn't pirated it.

If you're not a sad little sycophant who acts like Sticker Star was just as good as the other games, Colour Splash probably won't be worth $60 to you.

Yeah you're full of fucking shit. Color Splash has better exploration than SPM from the very little I've seen.

Awful game, only gets a pass from autists that are culturally barren enough to like it's plot.

Besides that Club Nintendo survey, how's it the people who like SPM's fault though?

They made Nintendo think that people were okay with awful braindead exploration and bad writing even though PM and PM2's main appeal was great puzzles and exploration plus the humor.

SPM was the start of absolutely insipid shit like O Chunks and puzzles that were as lazy as they were boring. SS adn Color Splash simply solidified the bad SPM brought.

I bought/beat Sticker Star. Still have it too, and I basically hated it overall, though there's elements of it that I do like. Either way, I don't think I'll play Color Splash, but it's interesting to see the game is trying to improve on its predecessor.

It's entirely possible Sticker Star can be seen as its own entity, and that with Color Splash, Paper Mario becomes something of its own. I guess I support the developers in that endeavor but... man I'm really gonna miss TTYD/PM1.

Dude, seriously. Who's cares if you think the game is bad or not. It's a very polarizing game where there are two sides of people who love it or hate it. Some people will think the game is good while others don't. If this guy thought SPM was good then that's fine.Same can be said with SS, CS, and other divisive games. You getting trigger over someone with an opinion actually thinking the game you hate is good is ridiculous.

In retrospect, I wouldn't have bought SPM if I knew this was the path it'd take.

nice

Switch BiS and SSS imo

Just cause they picked SPM of all the PM games, doesn't make it really that much the cause of later games. The devs could have known how polarizing the game was and should of done a survey with the first two.
While SPM is bad in comparison to PM/TTYD, but it wasn't even that bad. Its biggest flaw is the gameplay, but everything else is really subjective to anyone who played it. Even people who liked the game can see its flaws.
The causals thought the game was alright, like SS and CS, while fans of series are very divisive about it. Just because you and other people hate it, doesn't mean the game is the somewhere in "TOP 5 worst game to ever existed".

No

danke

I'd probably wouldn't, too, but I thought the game is alright. Just doesn't have a replay value.

Yes

On a totally unrelated note check out the captcha I got

Only thing BiS had going for it was that you could play as bowser, otherwise it was just standard fare.

>It's biggest flaw was the one area that matters

You don't get brownie points for acing multiple choice if you failed to deliver on the other 80% of the exam user.

>Its biggest flaw is the gameplay
That's pretty fucking bad when it's a VIDEO GAME.

The Bowser gameplay was pretty fucking rad, you have to admit.

It probably had one of the most satisfying end sequences to any Mario RPG I've played. Like 7 bossfights in a row, and each one managed to top the last.

I don't know if I'd call it the best Mario RPG, but its definitely up there with Superstar Saga. It was such a relief after the subpar PIT

the bike is typed out oso. I've had it before

Recap from last night's stream

Every game Nintendo used to make were "for kids." Even the actually hard ones. Why does that have to change? Are kids today less intelligent than when we were kids?

The combat literally ruins the game. It's too barebones to be interesting and they made it slower than Sticker Star's thanks to the dumb painting bullshit.

Why is it that Battle Network features action-command battles, no levels, no exp, and a lot of walking around solving puzzles in the overworld, yet is 10 times the game these new Paper Mario games are?

And many people who enjoyed CS even said the that its gameplay was bad, too.
Fine, man. I'm just trying to say that even if the game was not good, it's not all that bad as you make it out to be.

Yes

It still had a shitload of customization even before the Navi Customer was introduced.
Before that, you had to use PowerUp items to improve your buster, and you still got NaviStyles to fit your gameplay style in BN2

Battle Network still had significant customization options.

Do you legitimately have brain damage?

>Oh, I know it's shit but it's not all that bad

Like, fucking really?

If there's one aspect that you want to be good, it's the fucking gameplay. Otherwise, what's the difference between playing the game and watching it on youtube?

this

>And many people who enjoyed CS even said the that its gameplay was bad, too.
That doesn't change my point.

The game manual is essentially an Iwata asks. there are even spoilers that you have to manually uncover.

Sure seems we treat them that way at least

>Take some time to fully appreciate 12 frame of animation
die tabata

alright i'm all for colorsplash hate, paper mario was my first game i owned myself, i do yearly replays of it ant TTYD every year, and it's probably my #1 OAT. I hate SPM, i DESPISE sticker star, and color splash's reveal gave me a huge empty pit in my stomach, but if you're criticizing a paper mario game, being "too easy' should NOT be one of the things you criticize. There's no challenge in any of the games, that's not what they're about. Of all the things to complain about, ease and casualness isn't one of them.

BN has customization and battle chip weren't permanently lost after 1 use so battles didn't feel like a net negative

>There's no challenge in any of the games
Kirby games are piss easy, but you literally cannot deny that 64 is even easier. Quit using the "but they're all easy" defense. It doesn't fucking work.

Dark Bloo Inn is the only good part of the game so far

What his face was streaming 10 hours plus,

youtube.com/watch?v=QcJNTANspYo

sad i missed the last part with the pirates because sleep

>the ghost house is the only good part of the game
literally
sticker
star

>not the 3 god toads
>not Morton the retard
>not the mini land

>Mario doesn't take damage while idling during a fight in poison
Really? Sticker Star did it.

It's not a defense, as I said I fucking hate SS and CS. But tackle things that matter, like the redundant battle system and unskippable attack animations. Not the fact that it's too easy. Everyone already knows that, it's a Paper Mario game.

Environmental damage already deals like 7-30 damage per touch, he has gotten game-overs by overworld deaths but those were special events.

>Black Shy Guy
>they don't call it Anti-Guy

Because none of those are actually issues with the real issues with SS/CS being your battle items are permanently consumed, zero customization, and no depth to the battle items in combos or even at least interesting action commands that aren't just A

youtube.com/watch?v=kHPBqPSozHs

>The constant emphasis on things being "black" in this game.

color splash confirmed to be the most racist game of 2016

If you hate the game, then I am not going to change your opinion then. It just that there are many people who genuinely like the game and all and you're making it like people shouldn't like it. Also, I'm not saying the game is shit. You can still like a game even if its has some problems.

I'm trying to change your point. I'm just saying that people still enjoy the game even if it has some few flaws in it

*not

Do they really think you'll care about a fucking Toad with a different dialogue line when they all look the same? Are they really that stupid?
Also, I fucking hate how everytime you get a Big paint star you gotta watch 1000 toads dancing. Whoever thought this was a good idea should kill himself.

It's like they based them on actual Japanese people

All that garbage came up when Iwata's health took a turn for the worse

The glasses toad from the museum and the 3 keys are the only ones I can remember so far

There are people that honestly believe that Sonic '06 isn't a bad game and that people give it a hard time.

Having bad taste is not illegal but trying to undersell it's issues because you like it is where people are going to disagree with you.

>make a Toad rescue squad
>obvious sentai parody or whatever
>instead of it being a team of five "unique" Toads, you get like five for each color
way to fucking ruin it

Gamepad is broken so I can't play it until nintendo ships it back to me in about 3 weeks. Is Huey as big a fag as kirsty was?

So they killed themselves or they all died before their party or something? That's pretty dumb

They really couldn't give it a different design?

i had no idea this came out

Having similar toads wouldn't be a problem if it was in one localized area, like Toad Town was in 64. The problem stems from the fact that toads are pretty much the only civilized race in neo-mario games. All the koopas, shy guys, goombas, etc (i know, there's a few exceptions in the battle arena in CS) are for the most part savages that just attack on sight. I wish there was a goomba village, or a Koopa Town again.

It didn't, it got leaked

>You look familiar

The fucking irony.

It comes out in 2 weeks. It leaked early because nintendo fucked up and let people who pre ordered and pre-loaded unlock it early by accident.

they planned a tea party at 3:00 ,clock broke,planned party time passes, they got depressed and died without having tea

THIS SO MUCH
How can they fuck that so badly. It's like they didn't even know what super sentai shows are at all, considering this was made by japs, it's really depressing.

Yes, and kids are more then capable of playing a god damn video game.

>not just rescheduling the party

I'm mean I know it's a Mario game, but the other Paper Mario games had better background stories for similar situations.

Many older Sentai the whole team would look the same in suit, just different colors

I find it so fucking hilarious that:
A: The Wii U is exploitable on the latest firmware
B: Nintendo's own incompetence with digital releases lead to the game leaking two weeks early

Which is why any shmuck can play the game from their SD card slot.

No, I mean you have a team, but each color is composed of multiple Toads
So instead of five Toads, you have 25

Delet this

Any reason why the quality has to suffer just because "it's for kids?"

Because SMRPG was a game for children and yet I can still enjoy it as a young adult.

Yet when I pop in SS all I want to do is tear my head out because it's EZ mode if you know which sticker to get and practically impossible anal rape if you don't know which sticker to get.

It's weird as fuck because most kids aren't going to know where to find most of the thing stickers that the game expects you to have yet they dropped the gameplay of the older games...to make it easier?

I think what he was trying to say is that they treat it as more of a Toad gang than a small rescue team that can do anything.

Its not that SS was too easy. The problem was that it bordered on mindless.

There was no customization, no decisions to make, no different ways to play. They simplified the gameplay to the point that it was just fucking dull.

lol nintendo

I know, that was my point here Also, they don't change clothes/morph at all.

I'm not trying to say SPM is a "OMG BEST GAME EVER, YOU DON'T AGREE ME THEN YOU HAVE A SHIT TASTE!!" I'm just saying it's not even that bad or even the worst thing that was ever made. It's definitely the worst PM game and maybe 2D platformer, but it's not by far something that would ruined this whole franchise. I'm just saying it's a mediocre game that could have been a decent game if it went with either RPG combat style or 2D sidescroller platformer and got rid of the things that many critcis and fans considered bad. I'm not supporting this game for Nintendo to make another one that could've been even worse than this, I'm just saying that game has some things that are actually good. This game to some people who played it, including thought it was good, but nowhere as perfect as the first two.
Everyone have good reasons to love a game, they just have to know some flaws in the game in hope that Nintendo can make another game without those flaws.

>It's definately the worst PM game and maybe 2D platformer
>but it's not something that could ruin a franchise

You've wasted enough of my time, last (You) you'll see from me.

>but it's not by far something that would ruined this whole franchise
it's funny because it resulted in the survey answers that lead to sticker star

The overworld gameplay is actually pretty good. Like, the puzzles are well-thought-out.

The combat is pretty boring though. It's just another of Nintendo's failed attempts at finding a use for the gamepad. It might have been a great game (I'd even go as far as saying it could have been the greatest Paper Mario game) if it had just stuck to the traditional mechanics of the first two and the early M&L series.

And that's because the survey chose this game instead PM and TTYD for some reasons. Rather the game was hated before or not, why didn't the devs chose PM or TTYD when trying to develop a new PM is beyond me.

youtube.com/watch?v=yzKHuRzjtzM

>yfw

Literal retards who haven't seen or talked to a kid in years will say yes, but the reality is that kids are fairly smart this generation, just shut in since outdoor activity is seen as hazardous.

That's fucking adorable.

>great music
>great writing
>great visuals
>all around appealing aesthetics and design
>shit game play

it's the most polished piece of shit we'll ever see

youtube.com/watch?v=8wZSZG1ubUM

dumb bastard didn't stand a chance

Is this the only unique looking OC so far?

Why is Morton so dumb? Not that I'm complaining, actually laughed reading the screenshots.

He's the first boss, i guess the developers figured that Morton looks kinda...simple?

He's got KISS makeup. It's expected

Fair enough. Big dumb muscle actually fits him. I know the game has been leaked but I think I may buy it. Is it better than Paper Jam in terms of gameplay? That got rather tedious quickly.

CEMU WHEN?

I don't understand the cut out feature. It makes no sense. Okay, so you cut out an area and then you walk in 2D to a flag and teleport. Is that even technically a paper idea? What the fuck?

>There are people on Cred Forums defending this game because it has a great soundtrack and visuals

Every Mario and Luigi game is the same. I'm actually glad of that fact because of what it could end up as.

Well. there's no more rounding up toads like cattle and the levels have elements unique to them that may or may not be story related, no wide landscapes of nothing at least.

AlphaDream needs to bring back the cartoony landscapes.

>there are people who hate this game because it isn't a TTYD rehash

That's a plus. Is the combat any better or different? I found killing the mobs/fodder to be pretty grating on my patience, I actually put down Paper Jam for 2 months and came back after. Is the combat here a bit smoother and less repetitive?

If they were going to rehash anyway, why not rehash a good game?

Mario and Luigi games have been the same since forever.

Yep, i like having the run button but those enemy mobs were a bit much. I did appreciate the variety of attack enemies had in the game though, made you think twice about countering or dodging. Spice up the overworld, give it character.

Because rehashes have repetitive gameplay. See Mario and Luigi games.

I see. Well I'll wait and see how its reception is on the full release. I never played SS so not don't have the negative slant going in with this. Cheers.

The run button was the only suggestion Miyamoto gave according to Alpha Dream.

>Making a sequel with gameplay similar to a predecessor that's 12 goddamn years old is "rehashing"

I'm fucking depressed playing this, the combat feels even worse than sticker star and the jokes doesn't click on me. It may have better visuals than SS but I feel like this game dropped the ball even harder. At least you could still beat bosses on SS, here you are totally forced to use the Thing cards and drain all the hp of bosses with that.

>place card in the the spot
>paint it
>click ready
>flick it
>this is all just to do a single attack
Is there a point to all this?

Does Morton act the same way in Paper Jam?

This is a good game but it's sweet teatime super princess peach kirby's epic yard relaxation tier fun. Even SPM was an adventure. These new paper mario games need to man up.

But it's fun user!

They thought it would be fun to use the gamepad to flick the card at the screen. They implemented this feature very poorly and nothing worked.

>What they presumed to be how Japan is viewed overseas
Japan is the most racist country.

god this guy's voice is insufferable

>in doki doki panic
>Treehouse thinks memers will get this reference

>here you are totally forced to use the Thing cards and drain all the hp of bosses with that.
It wasn't enough to Kersti to call you a retard for trying to have fun with the bosses

Nintendo had to step in a make sure you couldn't

Your point?

Is that out?

>Paper Jam will be the last actual RPG Paper Mario will be in
>It's not even his own game

Dang, that was actually pretty funny.

Not really. While he's also simple in PJ, he doesn't talk like a caveman.

KeK

>HUH HUH FUNNY MAN HIT PAINT CAN XDDDD

It's leaked and available for download

Is liking SS, SPM, or even CS considered a bad taste, even if you gave good reasons of why you personally like them?

Yeah, so?

I liked the red/blue colored shy guy said
>these colors don't run

Like crips and bloods

Huey is too good for this game

Honestly, yes.
Have you played PM64 or TTYD?

I don't really get it. Why are they screaming at each other? I need context.

Not really. But he hardly has lines of dialogue to begin with. The dumbest thing I can remember him doing is singing a song that doesn't rhyme or make much sense.

Yes, I did. Those two games were amazing and I loved them. However, I do like SPM. Never played SS yet and I'm planning on buying CS once it's out.

no, games just have become too casual, to the point where kids these days have never developed the skills needed to beat a game with actual difficulty.

>Like crips and bloods
no you stupid asshole, the quote refers to the american flag

>Never played SS yet
That explains it.

Morton startles Huey and then Huey startles Morton

They lifted the joke from the Simpsons

Nintendo's part of that problem

Nintendo developed difficulty in games, and then decide to remove that difficulty with the Wii.

Stop justifying mediocrity.

>considered a bad taste
Who the fuck cares? That's a subjective opinion of a subjective opinion. Why do you feel the inclination to fit in? Just like and dislike what you like and dislike.

not at all on class 10 sd

How come?

You mean the Super Nintendo. Only the NES had difficulty.

What kind of new partners would you like to see in a hypotetical "real" Paper Mario sequel?

Nobody that played SS would want to pay money for CS. Hell, some wouldn't even want to pirate it.

Because a lot of anons seem to be hostile about someone saying any of those games are good in their opinion.

Reading all of this just makes me appreciate what Miyamoto brings to Mario. He's absolutely right about Mario's resonance with people of all ages - almost any other designer would have bogged down the character with horrendous voice acting and overwrought cartoonishness by the time it became popular, but Miyamoto knew that only a light touch was necessary because video games aren't cartoons and they can appeal to all demographics.

Also, he hates Toad, so that alone should tell you he's not wholly responsible for Paper Mario's new image. I wonder how he feels about Toad's recent prevalence in Nintendo games.

people are frustrated with Nintendo for putting out this shit

unfortunately, sometimes that frustration gets vented on to people who genuinely enjoy the new games

I don't know about you, but CS looks like it could be a fun game even if it's SS style. A lot of anons seem to be enjoying themselves also.

>almost any other designer would have bogged down the character with horrendous voice acting and overwrought cartoonishness
You act like Shiggy didn't do exactly this

forgot my pic

He doesn't hate Toad
He's just his least favorite
Also
>Implying cartoons can't appeal to all demographics

Actually, Miyamoto just said that he didn't like the designs in Super Paper Mario because they didn't feel like they belonged in the Mario universe. He did love AlphaDream's Bowser in BiS though.

And that's kind of sad. Why get mad at people for liking a game that they don't like? Even if they are considered bad games in the fanbase, people outside of it doesn't seem to hate them.

There called "Nintentoddlers" for a reason.

I'm talking about Sunshine

The "story" in that was horrible, and the voice acting was even worse.

>he didn't like the designs in Super Paper Mario because they didn't feel like they belonged in the Mario universe.
Source?

>And that's kind of sad. Why get mad at people for liking a game that they don't like?
Emotions aren't logical. People cope with frustration in all sorts of ways. Shitposting on the internet is just another form of catharsis.

If you enjoyed the game, that should be enough. Just try to treat people with kindness and empathy.

The problem is that the games used to be catered to everyone, as per their original goal. Deflecting and saying its for fucking kids when I had harder, better structured, and genre pushing games games when I was a kid is a copout. It's not age demographic pandering, it's talentless skillless soulless casual pissbaby pandering for the most potential profit because "FUCK the core."

You faggots have no excuse you can throw, it's baseless broad spectrum catering so they dont scare away the remaining fans they have left, which is retarded because all they're doing is pissing ppl off with spinoffs.

Good lord I despise and detest the modern fanbase with a hatred only surpassed by the KKK for other races. You, your shitty opinions, and shitty purchase decisions are why I had to stop supporting Nintendo after 25 years. it's not that me or anyone grew up, it's not that we grew out of games so dont even try that faggoty damage control, it's that we're not profitable anymore because they fucking scared everyone else away with their stupid gimmicks that no one fucking wants anymore trying to recapture DS and Wii's lightning in a bottle.

I hope modern Nintendo as they are die, so you kids will fucking collectively hang yourself so Nintendo will have no choice but to not suck again.

>Bowser has random moments of clarity
>He's actually worried about Peach and wonders what's going on
>Then he goes back to being aggressive and obssessed with painting the world black

youtube.com/watch?v=ir2GqdUfPHk

post yfw

>black bowser

Oh for gods sake, here comes the storm of blacked peach threads. I am so fucking sick of modern Nintendo's bullshit.

Thanks for the answer, user. I guess I shouldn't really get so hung over by people hating on some games that I really like, especially since I should be knowing that those games are very divisive so of course there will be some people who love it or hate it.

Tanabe is responsible for the death of both the Metroid and Paper Mario series.

Stop making generic comments

If you're getting depressed over Mario , there's something seriously wrong with you

Damage control.

was right, stop trying to justify Nintendo being mediocre.

If used a procedure similar to:

Answer:
strawpoll.me/11304604/

People like you are the biggest part of the problem as well lol. Threaten to kill yourself, fuck, put up ot shut up if you feel that step got for games

Learn about real game development guys

How long is this game? I'm like 7 hours in but only have one of the six big paint stars.

Change the controls to buttons or advanced touch, really improved battling for me.

May I ask why I'm a problem? I was just stating the obvious.

Another reason for that I asked was because some anons seem to blame it on people who liked those games for what made Paper Mario series that it is now. While I also want the series to go back to its roots, I kind of thought its a bit too far to get mad at someone for liking any of the polarizing games

Succ guys

>bowser is the final boss
>peach kidnapped

so fucking boring...

I'm enjoying the game but this battle system fucking sucks, I'm already tired with just 2 hours or so.

>A Shy Guy says Normies

You're cute man.

But TTYD could be enjoyed by pretty much anyone of any age. It's like the old debate of a cartoon trying to stay relevant (like Spongebob, where the first few seasons were great for pretty much any age group). Odd comparison but point is that you can appeal to all ages without going head-first into mediocrity

G-guys...

>/r9k/ are literal Shy Guys

pic related

It's Treehouse
They put memes in all the time

To anyone who thinks an RPG can not be fun if you don't gain stats from battles, have you ever played Undertale?

No

Undertale is plot-driven and has meaningful choices

Sticker Star removed virtually all of the plot elements, and has no meaningful choices. The problem with SS is that there is only one way to play the game. You collect strong stickers, you use strong stickers. There's no customization, no strategy and no reason to ever replay it. It's just fucking dull.

SS and CS's combat is basically like answering a multiple choice question, there's no strategy, no planning, no variance, and no fun, just insert thing A into boss B and watch how 90% of their health just eats it.

At least in Undertale, you were given the choice to either be a saint who avoided attacking and dealt with fights by using [act] commands (pacifist), an asshole who murdered almost everyone they came across (neutral), or a complete monster who commits genocide against the monsters for no reason other than because you could (genocide).

That and I liked the "bullet hell" segments, even if they weren't as difficult as touhou or do-donpachi.

I agree that Undertale has better combat, but Sticker Star and Color Splash definitely have better puzzles than Undertale. The point is both games lack proper RPG elements but that doesn't mean they can't still have other good qualities.

I would disagree.

You can solve most of the puzzles by knowing where to backtrack and knowing which thing sticker actually advances the plot.

At least in UT, the puzzles are simple but it doesn't force me to go back like three levels to get some item that's partially in the background that I wouldn't know to grab unless I either played the game twice or looked it up on youtube.

>People on Cred Forums actually bought this

Please stop. You know it's going to suck. Your just telling them to make more.

actually, the only way to play it right now is piracy

pirates get it 2 weeks early thanks to Ninty's incompetence

Can't you just buy some stickers from a shop or something?

>bought this
it's not even out yet

everybody's pirating the leak

>pirates get it 2 weeks early thanks to Ninty's incompetence

correction:
EVERYONE gets it 2 weeks early thanks to Ninty's incompetence
its hilarious how they dont even care about the Wii U anymore to even push out a quick stability update to stop the 5.5.1 web exploit.

Does Nintendo know about this? Do they even care?

They know that nobody was going to buy this shitty game anyways.

> being this assblasted to edit all that

there are OCs tho

fuck off i love the dance

Goddamn, this needed new bosses. Putting the koopalings in this game was a mistake-- there's hardly any curiosity for what you're going to run into in the future

Shit, all the Toads more or less have the exact same personality anyways.

is it worth buying an sd card to play this game

For this game specifically?

No.

Does this survey even exist? Feels like something Miyamoto just cooked up to establish his ego.

You'll feel like you wasted your money. This isn't even better than SPM-- it's better than Sticker Star, and thats about it

But Sticker Star and Color Splash exist because apparently people didn't like the writing in SPM.

make sure its a least a 32GB, thats the minimum you need in order to pirate Every.Single. Wii U game.

An SD card is like, what, 3 bucks?

So a complete waste if you ask me.

new paper mario, mecanics mostly like thousand year doors.

companions:

a veteran toad guard. dressed with the royal guard's cape and an eyepatch
ability: recall he as seen everything and is really good at judging locations and enemies (the tattler of the game)

a small black chain chomp. randomly a boy (ribbon under mouth) or a girl (ribbon on the side top of the head) very loyal (like a dog) to mario because he freed her/him from a boss.
ability: rush get excited and rush forward a medium distance at high speed in a straigth line. traversal move

friendly bandit, only mug evil rich characters. looks like robin wood
ability: treasure sense can sense treasure like hidden items, badges and star pieces in an area. one of his move can steal the badges that enemies hold.

partner upgrade: at the last upgrade, the appeareance change

toad get a black royal cloak and sunglasses "the special agent"
chomp gets normal size and an extra row of teeth
bandit get a luxurious chain shirt and small crown, the "bandit king"

what do you think about it? good, bad? retarded?

How much do you guys wanna bet that this game don't flop?

Autistic.

Off yourself

I'm on the fence. I definitely don't see this pulling a Federation Force, in the very least. It's a Mario title, and I have actually seen some TV ads for it.

On the other, the last two Paper Mario games have sold millions, and something tells me this isn't going to break the seven figures number.