Hey, Cred Forums

Hey, Cred Forums

Did I build my character correctly?

ditch hand2hand

with that setup, you should just ditch the Dark Elf and just be an Imperial.

no reason to have short blade and hand to hand if you have long blade major.

Not OP, but is there a fix for the alchemy bug on multi-core processors yet?

I remember looking around a few years ago and couldn't find anything other than "just don't use alchemy lol"

pls help, it's my favorite part of fantasy games

What bug?

>"just don't use alchemy lol"
i think thats a reference to abusing the mechanics to get crazy stats

There's really no relevant reason to have Mysticism, Hand to hand, Mercentile

I can't remember how it went exactly

It was either
>All potions are named after whatever your first crafted potion was
>Potions cannot be named and by extention cannot be crafted
>Game asks for my name when making potions ,like I'm making my character again or something

Like I said it's been a few years, but I know it was name/text related

Mark
Recall

Why don't you just use OpenMW?

None of these happen in Morrowind. Alchemy isn't buggy, it's just overpowered.

in that case, he should just have it as a minor
Or boost your mercantile so you can just pay an enchanter to enchant an item with those spells

As long as your leveling skills are skills you don't intend to use then you are good to go.

>pay an enchanter
I think you'll end up paying a gigantic sum.

Did you try turning you computer off an on?

Seriously, I can't say I remember ever hearing about that bug. Are you sure that was Morrowind? Did you play without all the patches?

>pay an enchanter
Sure, I'll enchant that with Minor Fire Damage.
THAT WILL BE 65000 GOLD
WHAT WHY ARE YOU ANGRY

Could be better but good enough for first time.

Useful, but it's trivial to buy/find/enchant a ring/amulet. It's not like other spells where you can fiddle around with range and power. It's pretty much a waste of a skill. Unless you want to roleplay as an average Joe with the amazing ability to teleport while naked.

Took me a while to find a solution for this. Just enter some random characters after the normal name so it ends up as "Restore Fatigue0000000" or something like that. It's a workaround, not a fix, mind you. Something to do with Vista, I presume. Unfortunately you'll need to type in those extra characters each time in most cases. I find it works about nine out of ten times. If anyone finds a better fix, well... Yeah. 121.98.207.151 04:57, 30 May 2010 (UTC)

Googled it again to find some of the old posts I was looking at

This one was under the bug section of Alchemy talk on UESP

>OpenMW
>less FPS in vanilla than MGE XE modded to look like pic related
yeah no

But money has never been an issue in Morrowind. I've usually collected 40-50k by the time I hit level 2.

Mark and recall are cheap, even to buy from an enchanter. Mercantile is basically useless to major/minor in, realistically you'll only improve it by training, so it's not worth choosing. You'll also be swimming in money a few minutes into the game.

Unless you rush artifacts and/or exploit stuff, that doesn't happen.

Ooh, another one of these threads

>Vista
Jesus Christ, how can one OS cause so many problems, everywhere? It has been years and I still find new ones.

The question is, why you are not using the Morrowind Code Patch .

this desu
If you ask me, All you need the MCP and you're all good for mods, you really dont need anyhting else

It's perfectly playable, do you want to min max or just do whatever? Both can be fun.

If you want to min max: Put restoration in major, mysticism on minor if you want to use it. Replace short or Hand with armorer, then you should replace the other with Alchemy even if to see what potions actually do, and possibly replace mercantile with Enchant just because you'll end up with a ton of enchanted items eventually and it makes them a bit more efficient.

You're gonna be mana starved without a magic sign of some kind, but it's fine if you're just using magic for utility.

You can just find amulets for both at certain shops if you look around, they're really cheap.

this, MCP fixes almost all engine related shit

Fuck if I know man, I just wanted to play my old vidya again.

Didn't think I needed to patch it or anything

It runs like absolute shite.

r8 my character
I shouldnt have chosen hand-to-hand but I did it for roleplaying reasons

Why does everyone always start with a Dark Elf in Morrowind?
Does it actually have better base stats than others?

>walk around vivec
>steal nice things
>repair and sell
that's all it takes

MCP is easy, just download it and it does everything with even just its default settings

you dont look like a lucky guy

It's the human-equivalent of all other RPGs, the average race. Plus it's the main race in Morrowind.

>Didn't think I needed to patch it or anything
>a Bethesda game

Sorry user, but you are retarded. Don't worry, I still like you.

Luck is pointless. There's no reason to choose Luck at any stage unless you want to be a 100 stats in everything by level 100 guy for whatever utterly pointless reason you can think of.

>Alchemy not a major skill
Have fun not going fast

A lot of people just pick the main race of the province, no real reason behind the choice.

lol right off the ship i would fuckin clear the whole town and sell it to the merchant, tons of monies are to be made

Fuck off Dunn. Nobody cares

ah ok

Are you sure?

you can get 3 glass daggers for basically free from suran and vivec. You can literally just pay an armorer to repair them for 300 gold and then you have x3 4k dagger to sell to creeper. With that 12k you can buy scrolls of elemental bursts/gem feeders and soulgems and immediately make huge amounts of money killing things.

And that is only if you dont want to exploit alchemy for whatever reason.

Mercantile lowers the cost of training

God I hate that cunt

>unless you want to be a 100 stats in everything by level 100 guy
You would have to cheat to get there anyways.

Level 20 is the max. Your starting shit really does matter in Morrowind.

I like how Beast Races were handled in morrowind. you were at a distinct disadvantage due to being unable to wear certain armor and no one liked you. Its unironically one of the best examples of showing racial discrimination in a video game

Morrowind has a level cap? Oh shit

>Level 20 is the max.
what

The leveling system is really unconventional. Never mind having to rest to level, once you get to the upper levels you might actually become worse at something.

I checked the wiki and if you min max the shit out of it so you get no extra bonuses for major or minor, the level cap is 78 without exploiting trainers or jails.

No idea where he pulled that from.

Why did you think the level cap was 20?

Last time i played the game.

It does, but it's not 20, that user's crazy.

The level cap only exists because eventually you reach a certain point where none of your major or minor skills can be improved anymore, so therefore you can't earn any more level points. The usual cap for most characters is around 40-50 I believe.

Not really

It maxes out when your core stats hit 100

But you can fortify attributes over 100 to train and gain levels

Because Dunmer are fucking rad as hell, that's why.

Because level cap rhymes with 20

I think I picked it when I was young because of them resistances.
I think I picked it when I was older because of them resistances.

>not picking nord for them resistances
with dragonbone cuirass you're practically magic immune

Canon Nerevarine is a dunmer,
Canon Champion of Cyrodiil is Imperial,
Canon Dovakin is Nord.

You don't have to be a dunmer to fulfill any aspect of the prophecy.

>not picking breton and atronach to be basically immune to magic by default

all canon heroes are argonian and you can't tell otherwise just because you piece of shit

There's no point but it feels very weird to be anything else if you plan to join traditional Dunmer factions.
So unless you're planning on doing a pro-Empire run or you just don't care dark elf fits everything so much better.

Makes no sense for people to call you outlander, if you look just like anyone.

They explain to you how even if you're dunmer your mannerisms and accent are foreign.

But OP, the choice is yours.