Melee Thread

Why does melee trigger Cred Forums so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uEA9QSM1BUU
youtube.com/channel/UC46ZTid4t2ctB6osM0WTiJA
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/statistics)
youtube.com/watch?v=ro7CGCsHE3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because Cred Forums is full of Nintendo shills trying to sell you Smash 4 despite Melee being objectively better in terms of gameplay in everyway?

I went to my school's Melee event today

But I only stayed for one game because holy fuck it smelled so fucking bad

Why can't you people learn to shower every morning?

Hello

I have contacted a janitor of this board.

Melee is an awful game and was a mistake, please discuss Smash Tour instead.

I love Item Switch Rounds!

Cred Forums is shit at video games, shit at fighting games in particular, and Nintendrones. Hence any game that requires skill, one on one battling, and isn't the express endorsement of Nintendo is an evil.

>thread is about to die

Fucking good, fuck melee I hate you

anything that requires you to git gud triggers Cred Forums

you haven't been here for a long time, have you friend?

Cred Forums is a bunch of casual babbies with no taste

longer than I'd like to admit. been here since 2006

Probably because no other community of legacy players is as vocal about their choice of games.
I've never seen a 3rd Strike thread or KOF 98 thread claiming their game is god's gift to gaming, and I've definitely never seen either get a documentary.

I-I-I'm sorry user-senpai

Melee threads are pretty much the only reason I go on Cred Forums anymore, why the fuck would you ever voluntarily stay in this shithole board?

Because meleefags continuously jack off to muh tech while insulting every single game that isn't melee. They also continuously circle jerk the "gods" which turn the thread into almost e-celeb levels of discussion.

sm4shfags can't even schedule tournaments correctly

>YO COME TO THIS TOURNEY GUYS IT'S SMASH 4 ONLY COME COME COME
>literally nobody comes
>everyone goes to another one with the japs
>the ONE tournament that bragged about it being Smash 4 only has flopped
kekking

Melee community would rather jack off to top players and coddle them with VIP rooms and floating past pools then beat them or improve themselves. You are guaranteed one of 6 people winning every tournament ever because people are so complacent and lack drive.

>imblying i don't shitpost on Cred Forums, /k/ and Cred Forums

i only come to Cred Forums for AGDQ and melee stuff

The real question is why Melee fags think they are triggering anyone when they are the first one to sperg out when someone says them the game they worship is nothing special.

Abadango Saga was Smash 4 only and had 563 entrants. That's bigger than any Melee only tournament ever.

Reminder that mang0 is a woman beater

Reminder that none of that shit happens until top 8 and even though faggots complain about it every player goes through pools and looks for warm-up stations.

>VIP rooms
when will this meme end?

Why the fuck are you talking about Smash 4 in a Melee thread? Fuck off to another thread if you want to shitpost.

any proof of this or it just another forced meme like James Rolfe is a cuck?

>melee hell memes
Kys

When top players stop asking for it. They literally called for it again yesterday on Twitter

>Crazy SJW whale of a wife beats his husband
>Of course, that can't happen, so it's the man who beats the woman!

They're ironic as fuck; the only people that get triggered by them are stream monsters and insecure faggots.

Wait, that's redundant.

You've literally got it opposite. She is literally double his size anyways, it would be impossible for him to abuse her.

>Melee only tournament

Check your privilege tr4shbabby, the biggest Smash tournaments and the community as a whole are there because of Melee. tr4sh piggybacks on Melee tournaments like Apex, Big House, Pound, etc. Melee doesn't have Melee only tournaments because TO's try to make sure the whole Smash community is accommodated because muh #ONEUNIT and also for Nintendo sponsorbucks.

Be grateful the competitive community platform structure was there established and maintained by Melee to help tr4sh (and Brawl btw).

people trying to push tr4sh or PM as better games when you can mod melee for balance,if you want.I do like PM though.

what region are you from and how good are you, anons?

Who /FalcoMarthpatriciandualmain/ here?

Because it´s probably one of the best if not the best game ever made

>mfw I can just backthrow Falcos offstage as Mewtwo and edgeguard every time

>top players in sm4sh can win a tournament one day and get eliminated in pools the next

what did they mean by this?

>better than tetris

>anything but Marth
Don't let shine taint your mind and spacing. Resist the spacie menace. Long live chain grabs

They hit their head on the skill ceiling in the tr4sh crawlspace. 64 is the first floor of the house, and Melee is the second., and then competitive Melee is the attic.

>Established and sustained by Melee
Melee was mostly sustained by their position at a Brawl Tournament (Apex) until the Brawl community helped Melee get into EVO 2013

The game takes no skill.
It's why it's so inconsistent

Post your favorite low tier

If you jump you hit your head on the skill ceiling. Anyone can win

Paste a doctor's outfit on that, and you're good, senpai

enjoy your broken hands from input taxes

so objectively superior

Mario is mid tier.

I have a lot of nostalgia for melee. It blew my mind.

Lol harambe! xD!

>Been solo Marth for like a year or two now
>Getting tired of it, feel like I'm on a plateau, don't like Melee as much as PM
>Start dicking around with Falco, practicing tech just for shits
>Used him in last bracket
>Actually did fairly decent
>Had fun

Think I'mma keep it up

but Melee players dont even consistently win

>The same five/six players have won everything for ten years

Because it's an incredibly overrated and unbalanced shitfest that is only still alive because of some kind of weird idol worship. If people like mango or leffen didn't exist then the game would be dead because the fanbase wouldn't have anyone to fellate on twitter over hand warmers and VIP rooms.

This too

>Melee players defend this as muh high skill ceiling when other high ceiling games aren't anywhere near as stagnant

Name a comparatively high skill ceiling game user.

it was like that from 2008-2014 until Leffen proved you could slay the 5 gods if you dedicated yourself to getting gud

Why is this game still a thing?
People usually move on to the next game despite the physics

Same reason people still play F-Zero GX. A real sequel still hasn't been made.

You just killed my dog with that image thanks faggot

2 has already been made.

>the same five to six players have been floated to top 8 the past ten years
Fixed that for you buddy. They would've been kicked out of those spots ages ago if you all stopped sucking their dicks 24/7.

no that's wrong Cred Forums love sf3s and so do i

and neither of them are as fast or as technical as melee

What is ProjectM

>b-but it's shit because I have to learn more match ups because the meta doesn't revolve around how broken fox is!

Because Melee is the superior game and the community made an effort to keep it alive, while FGCucks eat whatever shit that Capcom shits out regardless of quality because "OH WELL I GUESS I GOTTA PLAY THE NEW GAME SINCE IT'S THE NEW ONE"

Real sports have not updated their rules in decades, some centuries. The same principle should apply to competitive games.

I take a bath every night before bed, is that okay?

the amount of matchups you have to learn in pm is a legitimate concern though

For the same reason people still play and will continue playing Quake 3 and the first Starcraft

Also, this is a false flag thread. Hide and report

Any game tournament in a nutshell

Because it's not a fighting game.

PM is broken in every way. So many characters just have straight stupid/gimmicky movesets and just aren't fun to play against.

>having more than six or seven viable characters and thus a more diverse and interesting game is a bad thing
This is what melee autists actually believe. Case closed everyone.

Why? Isn't 75% of it people whining that it isn't a fighting game?

>FGCucks will eat whatever shit capcom shits out
>they were defending the literal rootkit that was the Urien update for SFV

I'm a noob, whats a rootkit

>shine isn't stupid or gimmicky
>shiek chain grabs aren't gimmicky
>peach down smash isn't gimmicky or stupid

Why are you Melee fags always in fighting game threads shilling this game? Please stay in your threads.

Now take those three points, and imagine if the entire cast had that with 3 or 5 more moves while being easier to combo into each other.

I also said movesets, not moves.

Not an argument.

Are you seriously trying to imply that melee isn't a broken game full of retarded gimmicks that carry a certain character into viability?
youtu.be/uEA9QSM1BUU

>filename

That's Tidus, not Cloud.

PM is the game where kids with good techskill but nothing else go to feel like they're good at beating an opponent 1 on 1.

The fanbase is elitist and rude as fuck.

At least there's Rivals of Aether

every time someone posts this video like its absolute proof that melee is glitchy or whatever kills me.

>complaining about how peaches down smash brings you from 0 to 80
>doesn't leave in the fact that you have to hold down on the control stick to take full damage from it

Elitist fanbase insisting a glitchy decade old fighting game still holds up.

I'm not arguing that Melee doesn't have poorly designed broken things, but when every character has numerous broken things (that are twice as easy to do) then it turns into a game of how can I avoid these 3-4 near unpunishable moves that don't require good fundamentals/technical skill?

Whats the name of that move where you shine extremely fast and you can continue your combo without any delay?

Anyone watching poverty smash summit?
>esam commentary

waveshining, I think is what you're looking for

I think it is. I will look for some tutorials. Thanks man

>unpunishable moves
the only thing that fits that is shine

doesnt allow melee chase,lacks some of melee glitches and mecanic,too many match-ups,gimmicky cast. snake is the best PM character. I mostly play 64 and melee because you dont have a lot of match up to keep in mind while still have great variaty(except for falco and luigi,not the same but similar).
I always kek at the dk dash attack clip

If you want, there's a youtube channel that's all about helping out beginners:

youtube.com/channel/UC46ZTid4t2ctB6osM0WTiJA

Hope it helps you!

Old as shit game who cares or even owns fucking gamecubes anymore

shine isn't unpunishable, you still have to commit to at least 7 frames of lag for fox and even more for falco, and the fastest option out of it is double shine which isn't ever that good. Shine can be punished with proper spacing, or even just shieldgrabbing. Only at low level do people think it is unpunishable.

>People peddle PM as an alternative to Melee's feel and depth
>Not 64

Which surprise surprise, is in both games.

And how is this any different than in melee other than that it's more than 6 characters?

then you have people giving "pro" and balance opinions but are afraid to post their stats to back their shit up because "they don't matter"

>FOUR people on commentary
>ESAM is the only one talking

It's really hard to like him sometimes.

?

Even if Sakurai came out and said one game is better than the other, what would happen? Nothing. No one would get a damn thing. This argument is objectively pointless. Nothing is gained or lost.

Please stop.

Most people came off of Brawl as the first Smash game they played competitively. When PM came along, they either clinged to that, or they moved on to Smash 4.

Smash 64 was always irrelevant for them.

I remember playing this when it was early access on steam before the goat thing was playable. Is the shadow/cape fuck still broken? Bitch had easy as fuck kill setup and near infinite easy mode juggle

its a game with fighting in it therefore its a fighting game

Pay attention nigger. The melee """"""gods""""" threw a bitchfit on Twitter when they were told they weren't going to be floated out of pools without doing anything.

floating happens at like 20% of tournaments, and that only started recently. up until 2015 no one was ever floated, the top players would just stomp their way through pools every time

Literally no player has been floated to Top 8. Wtf are you talking about?

>you still have to commit to at least 7 frames of lag

Lol. I'm a Melee fan but that's a dumb argument.

7 frames is 117 ms.

Average human reaction time is more than double that (humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/statistics)

wasnt it a smash 4 player that bitched that he wasnt getting floated? and then leffen made fun of him or something?

Good game or not, the fandom is obnoxious and full of themselves. It attracts the worst in self-prided autism and thus nobody can 'dare' mention another Smash/fighter in their presence.

Also clones like Young Link and Pichu were retarded.

I almost never run into him online. Lots of Maypul and Zetterburn. Everyone in this game has loads of combo potential tho, so unless you're gud online is intense.

Lots of people who play are huge melee fans so learning curve is steep if you're just starting out.

So they've stayed at the top for a decade because they started getting floated to the top THIS year. I see user, meticulous work!

It mostly has to do with the fact that everything is easier to do.
PMs design philosophy seems to be just make everyone as broken as melee fox. The problem with this is that Fox's weakness (combo food and hard to play) is not made apparent in the rest of the cast.. (by this I mostly mean the brawl characters)
You can get Fox results while playing a character in PM who is easy to play AND combo with. You don't need good fundamentals to be good at PM. Top players including M2K have argued this.

Maybe because Brawl and Tr4sh are objectively shit?

I like melee, but I feel like I hit a wall that I cannot break unless I would practise tech skill by myself. I do not want to do that, so I will just keep being bad.

Roy's our boy

Have you played on Smash Ladder? You can be bad at tech and if your fundamentals are good, you can still do well (see borp)
Best thing you can do is just learn how to play against different play styles.

What would her moveset be?

Most people are too young for 64.

Hence why the 64 scene is a bunch of men in their thirties who played the game in high school and college in 1999 and could not give less of a fuck about "esports".

>ITT people are acting like it's still 2008
>where Brawl almost killed Melee

listen here dimwits, I can't talk for other regions, but most Meleefags I know have got absolutely nothing against Smash 4

our regions smash 4 players are chill as fuck, when I'm in another city I often call them up and we go out with eachother

I'm one of the more vocal people about my distress with tr4sh, in that it's techskill is very shallow and it's combo game is almost non-existant, besides a few guaranteed combos (marios d-throw -> utilt), it focuses much more on fundamentals and neutral, which I find boring to watch/play but that's just my opinion, I even play Smash 4 myself and used to be Top 5 in my Region

the kind of shitting on Smash 4 I've seen only at Apex 2015 where the audience was cheering for Melee instead of Zero, Melee Hell, and threads like this

just go to a tournament once you fucking spergs, you're not going to get assblasted with people yelling "fucking tr4shfag" at you for playing Smash 4

>what is GENESIS 3
>what is Japan

I have only ever played offline locally so far.
My PC is pretty bad and I do not have a usb adapter for gc controllers.

Japan scene for 64 is some TASmasters and Peru is just young people because the entire scene revolves around one N64 chained to the only television within 200 miles deep in the Andes mountains that runs on a generator and to play they have to port their own fuel up to it a three day hike.

Do you have a scene in your area? Go to a tournament/join a facebook group and people should be more than happy to talk/help you with anything!
reddit.com/r/smashbros/wiki/facebook

No, it was Armada

>tfw Big House STILL 2 weeks away

I need my Melee fix, fuck

I do agree. PM isnt bad but some of the balance choices are retarded. 10/10 fanservice, though.

so how many of you actively play locally/regionally and try to improve, and how many are just spectators/shitposters

not saying one is better than the other just curious

>wanted to sign up for Big House
>must have participated in at least three smashgg tournaments

I play locally.

My local scene is me and my friend sometimes playing in my basement.

What, do they make stupid requirements like thAt? Literally how can they do something like that, and majors are the tournamnest with the most new platers too. Sooo bad idea.

I don't have a scene over here so I just watch

Besides I'm not the type of person to play a game for a lot of time, at least not if it's not online.

I don't shitpost, though, just jokes and bantz, I like other fighting games and Smash 4 but spectating them is not my thing. Although I do watch Smash 4, SFV and Marvel majors.

Anyone who plays or views Smash as a good competitive game started browsing Cred Forums in 2010 or later and is probably from Reddit. This literally can't be denied, old Cred Forums genuinely hated this shit and mocked it incessantly. Enjoy your circlejerk of a game where you draw anime pictures of your "gods" while petitioning for tournaments to rig the pools so they can jack off in their VIP rooms without having to deal with the unwashed plebians they loathe unless they're paying $50 for autographs.

Top 4 in my Region

will not name the region since I don't want to be doxed

he's full of shit, I signed up for big house this year and my only other smash.gg tournament was big house 5

because of one obnoxious tripfag silly billy
that's probably the easiest way to shape the opinions of random anons
feel very strongly about something, and be obnoxious as all hell about it

I would but I don't know how good I actually am, what the local scene is like and would sooner kill myself than fight an endless wave of Clouds.

Also I can't be assed to get and learn the gamecube controller when I like to play on the gamepad.

Nope, it literally said "Must have competed in at least three Smashgg tournaments" on the registration requirements, so you in fact are the one who is full of shit unless they literally are not bothering to enforce that.

What are good competitive games then? Street Fighter? Guilty Gear?

thats for the compendium you retard aka top 100 players that are begging for donations to go to BH6

this isnt a sm4sh thread

don't you have some 3-frame-links to learn?

>posts a picture of smash 4 ness

>top 100 players begging for donations to go to BH6

Do """""""""""""""""""""""""competitive"""""""""""""""""""""" Smash players really do this?

it's not fgc

that's Smash 4 Ness tho

Cloud isn't in Melee bud, don't believe that kid on the playground no matter how fast you beat Adventure Mode he's not gonna show up.

top 100 players that arent sponsored maybe

Yep. The best player in the Oceania, Spud I think his name is, just got funded for example.

just a polite way to tell him to leave.

It's the only way to backthrow the tr4shbabbs out of the thread stage.

>implying players from other competitive games don't

>Watching aMSa's true arena run

youtube.com/watch?v=ro7CGCsHE3k

Do you know the next big tournament he's going to attend? Also, is that game worth getting?

>BECAWZ EYE CAYUN WAYUHVE DAIYUSHA

ftfy faggo

>aMSa's Woolly World overlay

Why is aMSa the most comfy Smasher bros?

PP would be second place comfiness if he FUCKING ACTUALLY FOLOWED THROUGH WITH HIS HOUSECALL SERIES

Nothing is wrong with having movement options.

I don't know the answer to the former, but Robobot is worth picking up, though you'll be able to enjoy the references more if you've played earlier Kirby games.