tesgeneral.com/immersion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That actually was a pretty good one.

Quitting to desktop

killing emperor

The uninstall quest

was it a quest?
I thought it was just a thing that was here

Why pick just one when you literally have infinite quests to accomplish?

I usually hated to read the books in TES games, cuz most of them was just nothing more than useless filler to pad out time. But there was one story I read in Oblivion that somehow got me hooked (about Mzinchaleft depths, I don't even remember what exactly was in it, besides some descriptive adventure bits).

I was fucking blown away when I actually visited that place in Skyrim many years later.

The one where you go kill someone or something, pick up what their corpse dropped and return.

funny and original

Escape from cidna mine was good
Maybe because I have a mod where you can join the forsworn and take back Markarth

>tfw you start Skyrim after installing 100 mods at once and
>it
>just
>works

I really liked that one with the dungeon full of Draugrer

the thief guild main quest
everyone hates it but except for the dungeons it was ok

>Thief quest
>Main point of the quest is to return the giant expensive thing back to the place it was stolen from

I don't remember.

Whodunnit spoiled me hard in Oblivion. I keep a save just for that.

There are incredibly tiny details that you never see anywhere else.

For example, if you beeline up the stairs after the quest starts, remove all the sweetrolls, and then put a poison apple on there instead, the old woman will eat it.

Nothing special, but here's where it gets interesting. The AI for this quest works in such a way (it's not actually a script that you can view) so that the imperial noble kid will, upon seeing her dead, assume the nord barbarian (who was standing right next to the old woman when she died) killed her and one of them will race for the shortsword right by the nord and kill each other.

I actually love roleplaying as a wizard in Morrowind, collecting books and reading them while chilling in my Telvanni tower. Got ideas for new spells to create out of some of the stories I read too.

shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422

It's almost as if the game mainly sold on a platform that ain't Steam

I have actually never player Witcher 3

Seek help mad autist

kek

Fuck the forsworn. I hate those faggots and I murdered their king

Lol free jazz cucks BTFO!!!

Uninstall Wizard questline

But free jazz is garbage, are you proving his point?

wow aniki so mean ;_;

the game also is on gog.com

>Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is objectively best movie of 2010
>bombed 'cuz people went to see fucking Step Up sequel instead

i got a surprise for you - most people (even among gamers) have inferior tastes.

>Skyrim still gets almost daily threads 5 years after it came out
>people on Cred Forums still on denial acting like it's bad

>one has mods
>the other doesn't
>somehow surprised more autists play skyrim with their favorite tittymod

The one where I had to start a new game because I didn't do the quest exactly like Todd wanted me to and accidentally broke it.

Yeah they're Faggots
I just wanted to make it more immersive.

Hmmm I don't see any Godard or Tarkovsky here.......................haha that's because they're talentless hacks XD

Makes me feel pretty good about myself when I see people here pretending oblivion wasn't the best in the series for many aspects despite claiming to be elitlests who know what they are talking about. I still wish it kept a few more things from morrowind though

Just like I said.

It's objectively the best quest in any RPG ever made.

the wolf queen one

I'm not sure why people post this. From what I've noticed, Witcherbros and Skyrimbros get along great and there's a shitload of overlap if the mods available are anything to go by.

The Witcher mods are some of the highest quality shit too. I know for a fact that Geralt/Yen/Triss/Ciri have all companion mods that even uses the actual VAs. To my knowledge you can fuck 'em too.

>Skyrim Mods still get almost daily threads 5 years after it came out
Ftfy

>witcherbros and skyrimbros

Yeah, you redditbros get along pretty fucking well.

>Makes me feel pretty good about myself when I see people here pretending oblivion wasn't the best in the series
But it wasn't.
It was fucking garbage overall with a few decent quests.
Go kill yourself.

>oh look, a deleted post

not on my, um.. post, buddy

>not even 250 million gross for ghostbusters
Holy fuck that's gotta sting. They spent what, 500m?

>post the most basic of bait
>fuck load of (You)'s in a matter of minutes
>Even the mods ban the original post

Why am I not surprised to see buttmad Witchershills behind all these Skyrim shitposts?

>bombed 'cuz people went to see fucking Step Up sequel instead
Wasn't Step Up some shitty dance movie or something

I literally can't remember a single quest from Skyrim. The entire game sucked.

Yeah? I use both. You ever notice the only way you can get info here is by shitposting? On Reddit all you have to do is ask the goddamn question. Here you have to form some elaborate ruse in the hopes that shitposters will flock to prove you wrong so you can get the info you need.

I like the one that's started from reading a notice on a message board written down by some unnamed stranger, it tells you to meet a powerful sorcerer that can make the world of Skyrim disappear.

Nigger, we all browse Reddit but you're not supposed to admit it.
Have your mandatory >kys

What house mod is that? Looks comfy.

is that an actual mod?

>Yeah? I use both.
Kill yourself cancer

yes, it was an objectively shit movie (judging by the sheer fact of it being the sixth movie about same shit, but it was appealing for the masses)

Morrowind fanboys everyone

>got skyrim few weeks after launch
>really liked it, played a few hours
>kept making new characters
>never reached end game levels
Beat the campaign but never got to use any cool magic or weapons I saw in gameplay videos years later.

Maybe, just fucking maybe, you need to ask like a normal fucking person without making an ass of yourself, and people will answer your question.

also
>witcher/skyrimfags admit browsing reddit
not surprised.

No user, you are just brain damaged.

See everybody in this thread? They all remember at least one.

You should seek help.

Why are there so many lewd mods for this game?

>it's 2011
>you're disappointed as fuck in almost all of the questlines
>ever Daedra quests suck fucking ass
>still have the Sheogorath one uncompleted
>"his quests were always good in the previous games and I'm really nostalgic about Shivering Isles, I hope they didn't fuck it up"
>the quest turns out to be complete shit just like the rest of the game
I'm still heartbroken. How the fuck did a game about killing thousands of zombies in dungeons have such an amazing reception?

Lmao, this why people like you make me feel better about myself, you've obviously never actually thoroughly played through the game and don't actually have a well informed opinion or are literally autistic or just want to fit in. Oblivion has tonnes of good quests, even many minor ones that aren't necessarily anything to write home about are better than anything you'll find elsewhere these days, let alone in Skyrim, then you have the gameplay being objectively the most well rounded in the series. I fail to really see anything backing up your point kiddo, but you can go ahead and keep sperging

If liking fucking Oblivion of all games makes you feel good about yourself then you're obviously a bit fucked in the head. Skyrim was awful, but not nearly as monstrous as Oblivion.

Blood on the Ice

m8 EVERYONE here browses reddit. I don't think anyone seriously argues that Cred Forums is the better site.

You give too much of a shit. Calm down you nerd.

Oblivion fanboys everyone.

This.

We pretty much took over after Gamergate. We're also behind most of the Cred Forums shit here.

Really we've been waging a 4 year long culture war on you epic artards.

>Worse gameplay
>Worse quests
>Worse story and characters
What exactly. Makes it better? Because all of the above certainly make it worse. Is it hard living your life as a contrarian?

From a fan's perspective, it's the perfect Ghostbuster's sequel. It's not good or anything, but the medial backlash management around it and their poor attempts to spin it as racism and sexism repulsed even the most casual cinemagoers. This movie made sure there will never ever be another Ghostbuster movie in our lifetime or atleast mine, thank you Jesus

>not a single muscle of your face moved in the last 10 minutes or so
>someone tells you to calm down

Arena was fucking trash.

I played every single faction questline, SI, and the main quest, and most of the random quests around the world.
It's shit.
Having less derivative quests doesn't make the gameplay, the world and the plot of everything less shit.

>at their worst, they are still better than 99% of games ou there
You don't seem to appreciate how bad the later ACE games are.
Or Ninebreaker.

>contrarian?
Not really, it's pretty much common knowledge among most people that give a shit that
Morrowind >> Skyrim >>>>>> Oblivion

That image only shows the target audience.

Are you very old or very stupid?

holy shit, this.

Even from the Oblivion I kinda remember more stuff
>that starting quest where you help a fisherman, who keeps bantering about good fortune he saved for his pension
>out of curiosity, killing the poor sod to get the money I desperately needed atm
>turns out he had, like, 30 coins in the chest

Even though not intending to keep the money, I felt like shit about what I did

>use mods for the first time
>10 mods
>it crashes all the fucking time when it works at all
>reinstall Skyrim a year later
>dozens of mods
>it is stable
I don't know if mods got better or if my knowledge of mods is paying off.

True enough, which is why if anything I'm going to play oblivion because it still has the most well rounded gameplay of the series, not that it isn't without flaws, and a main quest that's slightly less shit than skyrim

Latter. Once you know what does what it's really easy to avoid crashing.

>how did it have such an amazing reception
It is literally baby's first RPG. It was the first fantasy game the CoD crowd paid attention to.

No it isn't? Aside from better graphics literally everything about Skyrim is objectively worse

this image is retarded and you should kill yourself

Someone is triggered alright.

it doesn't explain the shit writing though

see

I enjoyed it more with a VERY different mod. It even ended on a pirate ship.

>has the most well rounded gameplay of the series
What do you even mean?
To me the gameplay is a step between trying to be a stat-based RPG and an action combat and it fails at both.
The stats in Oblivion got shanked in relevance compared to Morrowind, stamina might as well not exist, magicka management isn't a thing since it now regenerates at an absurd rate and the game throws magicka potions at you anyway, and the formulas for everything have been casualized when compared to Morrowind.
And I don't think I have to say how it fails as an action RPG, you might think that is still more acceptable than in Skyrim because hey, it's the first time they tried to make the combat something less RPG and more actiony and I guess you're right on that, but it's still bad.

The only good thing I can think of Oblivion gameplay is the dedicated casting spell, and it's not perfect, because although it's a godsend for spellsword type characters, for pure mage characters the Skyrim system feels better (although the dual casting is disgusting for the amount of wasted potential it has).

Oh, just chalk that up to Bethesda getting progressively lazier

[spoiuler]I like vanilla Skyrim the most because I install mods then don't focus on the game[/spoiler]

I'd have to say my favorite was the Falmer underground city with all those dwarven tech monsters

>the ancient city was lost and all the wonders forgotten
>It's in some random cave by a road
This really made my autism for inconsistent storytelling engager

Anyone else get confused as fuck at the first golden claw and look at the paintings on the walls for clues?
I still feel like an idiot

>I never played Skyrim with mods
;_;
Is it that fun?

I feel like morrowind failed even more catastrophically at trying to be both but obviously had a so many things I wish made it into oblivion

>Worse gameplay

Don't kid yourself.

With enough mods even the combat can be average!

if you have the patience for sorting them crashes out, then yeah.

>after 20-23 just end up not bothering with any mods

How do you manage to not blink for 20 minutes? You should be in a staring contest tournament.

Modding is simple as fuck and if people would read the descriptions and follow the most basic guidelines, the game wont crash at all.

the only quest i remember enjoying was the retrieval of an elder scroll from a dwarven ruin

the dark brotherhood was such a fucking disappointment

>have a great combination of mods
>having fun
>maybe i'll install just ONE lewd mod
>3 hours and 15 mods later your entire game is broken and needs to be reinstalled

The one that makes you think you're joining a fighters guild but really you become a furry. Or The one where you become archimage but only have to cast 1 spell to complete.

What a waste of a nice looking world.

>not making backups
At least you got a valuable lesson out of that.

is there a wait to get a candlelight spell that lasts longer than 60 seconds? Fuck torches.

Oh man, reading all the books in morrowind was great...

Later i started doing drugs, which effectively put a stop to that, can't concentrate enough now.

>Mfw I'm running around 80 mods at any given time with the only issue being the cart spazing out in the beginning of the game
Lern2mod

Holy shit you fags overrate Oblivion. The quests and guilds are some of the worst.

>BG2 is the greatest RPG ever
It warms my heart to see such a rarely said truth

Since the only one I have even a passable memory of is saving the vampire girl and returning her to her father, I'll say that one.

Skyrim as a whole is the perfect example of how you should have less quests with more attention to detail. Instead of 1,000 quests that are all generic.

no, skyrim at its core is still a shit game. mods don't fix the horrible combat, awful perk system and terrible faction quests

i suppose you could have fun with some of the hardcore survival games and just ignore all the quests and just try to live in the wilderness

how to spot a mad oblivionshitter: the post

I remember a daedra quest where you unwillingly trap a monk or something like that and the daedra tells you to kill him while he's trapped and defenseless. It really weirded me out since i hadn't seen anything similar before and it shocked me

I fucking have this too, just went with Alternate Start mod. Currently running 52 that I consider "essential," looking to add a lot more for flavor and ascetic touch.

I thought we could discuss mods here, any recommendations for immersion/npc's ?

Have you checked the /tesg/ guide?
tesgeneral.com/immersion

kek
how old are you m8

the one where i went into the cave to get the thing for the guy

that quest was really good

Sauce?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the "Enderal" total conversion mod for Skyrim? I remember reading a story about a similar thing made for Oblivion, but I've never tried one of these gigantic fan made things. I'm thinking of reinstalling Rimjob for it

Yea I've got it open in another tab, took a couple dozen from there. I'd just like to hear of any potential hidden gems or less popular/small mods that anons love that I won't find in a "Top 100"

yeah but nocturnal is a Q T

Any of the bards college quests

It is far better than skyrim. Very professional (only real issues are the occasional german line/mistranslation or bad voice acting from a kid). Story is much better, world design is way more interesting etc etc. Try it out.

The prologue of Oblivion was a more interesting quest than any moment in Skyrim.

Skyrim prologue is much better.
At least it's not retarded.

it's shit

i remember all kinds from oblivion. i can't for the life of me remember anything that i did in skyrim.

Alrighty then, I'll give it a shot! Thanks user

It's not my fav, but I liked the one where you are to find this runaway slave chick with some sort of symbol engraved on her who acts like her captives are the evil ones and she's innocent. But it turns out she was the evil one.

What was the one where you talk to a glowing orb and get shot up into the sky at one point? I remember being caught off-guard by that unique interaction after the hours of skeleton dungeon runs

>bards college quest
>expect to learn how to sing or play an instrument
>it's just another "retrieve X item from this dungeon" quest
How the fuck is that your favorite quest?

I remember that star trek episode

I can understand if you played it on console and were fucked over by level scaling
but why people shit so much on oblivion when it has so much fun potential, even moreso than skyrim and arguably morrowind, is beyond me

The NPC AI alone makes it way comfier than either of those

because the game breaks with invisibility enchanting

The gameplay will always be ass, the dungeons will always be shit, and the only redeemable thing about it are the quests that you play it once and then you're done.
Not to mention it's the most unstable out of the later three TES games and annoying to mod, and it has the less support for waifu customization.

a lot of people who had played morrowind beforehand, like me, originally came away from oblivion with a pretty unpleasant tastes in our mouths due to its relative simplicity and extremely cliche ridden storyline(s). Upon replaying it it has a lot of fun stuff and does well despite its simplicity. I think somewhere between morrowind and oblivion is the perfect elder scrolls game, but with the direction they've taken with skyrim I doubt we'll ever play it.

>comfier
Why is this the favourite buzzword of Oblivion faggots?
It's pretty much a meme at this point.

That one in which you have to kill a dragon.

>waifu customization.

Skyrim is infinitely more fun and Oblivion's NPC's suck.

because there is nothing to it
its like they didnt even design the world
its probably the most bland world ever created for a videogame

I was just saying that everyone looks ugly as fuck.
Even with OCO the faces look kinda busted.

>browsing Cred Forums while saying that

Shit I don't know anything about modding and just use Mod Organizer
Have at least 40 mods and some are pretty complex like PerMa and haven't had a single crash even when I fucked up installing PerMa.

Yeah Mod Organizer is pretty fool-proof, the most complex mods come with a fomod folder for easy install and you can sort your load order with one button.

thanks

It was awesome reading king olafs verse and then having the badass festival afterwards!

i spent more time setting up mods than playning, 99% quest are boring as fuck

>Baldur's Gate 2
>Rarely acknowledged as the best RPG ever made

>implying Morrowfags weren't also dumb kids back in 2002 who liked games for some trivial bullshit
>implying Morrowfags actually read anything about any older TES games, let alone played them
>implying Morrowfags actually care about TES lore and don't only jerk off to their Vivec memes and muh edgy weirdness
>implying Morrowfags aren't the cancer of the TES fanbase

I like the one with the Draugr

It starts like it would have an interesting quest but just turns into another falmer dungeon, same problem with every quest in Skyrim they all have no real objectives go through the dungeon kill till you get to the end of the cave then take the shortcut back out.
What's to like?

funny and original haha!

linear slow paced boring shit = enderal

>all this projecting

this. I wasted several weeks with Skyrim and I can't remember any quest that would really stand out.

>literal flash game tier

I nearly thought you were being serious there for a second.

are you a squirrel too?

Fuck you man that pic has been around for years and I have never actually seen a mod for it

no fuck you

did endereal turn out to be good

Yes.

Fun fact, someone put the inside of that area inside Viscera Cleanup Detail as a cleanable map.

Fuck you both.

The Daedra quests were all pretty good

why so mean

A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON

Sorry I didn't mean it I just got carried away

The one with the thought puzzle where you had to get the claw and then go into the inventory and turn it so you could see the symbols on it

came here to post this quest
motherfucking dawnbreaker was great
fucking proc weapon? sing me in

fucking hail Meridia the only goddess

THE BEACON IS LIT, GONDOR CALLS FOR AID

spooked me hard

Only quest that I like was when you had to sneak into Thalmor embassy.

>when you used to be able to dupe it by knocking it off the thing you pick it up from
Dual dawnbreakers was sweet

The one with the multiple outcomes

OH WAIT.

Your game is shit and will always stay shit.
But millions of flies can't be wrong and all that.
Lewd mods are okay though.

the one with the giant ass cave with those giant as mushrooms

>came in expecting dank quests and locations
>it's all shitpost
fuck ya'll
sounds like a sweet porno

>He didn't expect shitpost
>On Cred Forums
You go in expecting the worst and once in a blue moon, you'll be pleasantly surprised instead of consistently disappointed.

A few have multiple endings. Most of them amount to "kill this NPC or kill this NPC" though.

My Skyrim may as well be a waifu sex simulator at this point, with the occasional quest to provide guidance of where I go to fuck next

>dank quests and locations
>skyrim
Choose one

ye

>super edgy assassin start quest
>kill one of these fucks
>kill them all then that bitch
Feels good to purge them from Skyrim

The Hircine one. Had fun transforming right there and slaughtering the hunters with sinding, then when I leave Hircine isn't even mad, even gives me one of the most useful rings in the game

you're right
last good thread we had was that voice actor guy who posted the books
that's why i was excited, because most locations are shit
i was looking forward to more locations like that giant tree bridge south of windhelm of that dwemer ruin that is pitch black and you fall into a pitt

Last good thread I remember was The Haydee thread right now.
And before that, we had a Myst thread, that was quite cozy. There's actually quite a few good threads. But they're all drowning in garbage.

Elin mods are a miracle to the universe

Can you not still do this?
I swear to god if they fixed it in the unofficial patch I'm not getting that shit.

just fucking add another one via console commands to your inventory nigga

I loved that one that where you went into the cache full of Draugr, good times.

The only memorable one is that Hangover quest.

I don't remember any of the other quests since they were all "go to dungeon, kill thing/get item"

The series of quest you get that have that ghost archer chick following you around. Think it came with one of the DLCs though.

If you want to glitch in shit, why not just use console commands?
>player.additem 0004E4EE 1

>only
there are a lot memorably

It feels like cheating, but I guess i'll do it.
I dont know why abusing the bug doesnt feel like cheating tho, autism i guess

Also spellbreaker was actually good in skyrim.

The wedding assassination, or the forsworn conspiracy one

>no xivilais
>no deadroths
>no sexy daedra spiders
>no spooky floating ghosts
fucking kill me
i still gotta play dragonborn since apparently it has some cool stuff in it
name 5, faggot

I like that quest where you go to this cave and kill a bunch of draugr.
I also enjoyed the quest where you went to another cave and killed some dragr.
But my favorite by far is definetly the one where you visit this ancient cave and kill some dragr, you even get a cool sword at the end.

I completed Skyrim twice on PC and PS3 with zero mods. Towards the end I had so much quests completed that it actually caused the game to overwrite other quests and cause them to bug out(i.e. graveyard murder quest) I had to use console commands to force the house purchase.

The one where you go to a dungeon and kill some generic enemies and then pick up the quest item conveniently located at the end of the dungeon near a secret exit.

SPOILER:

This felt too much like jumping the shark. It just felt so easy, and it wasn't even that far into the Dark Brotherhood quest line. I think my fault was expecting too much out of any individual quest line in skyrim.

I love the puzzles in this game. They really make you think.

>Forsworn conspiracy
You mean the one where forsworn are killing people, try to kill you for asking why, tell the guards you're the one responsible when you don't stop asking why, get you locked up with the leader of the people that wanted to kill you not even 5 minutes ago, who immediately accepts you as one of his group and tells you we he had his men kill everyone they could?
That quest? You like that one? Fuck you.

A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON

This was when I realized how great of a job the designers did with getting you to visit areas where quest lines begin. I never would have found that ball if a quest hadn't taken me there.

>Oblivion because it still has the most well rounded gameplay of the series

Fucking hell it does.

That awful level scaling. It's just unforgivable.

I played Morrowind after Oblivion and I still recognized quickly that Morrowind was the superior game.

>dank

I liked most of the Daedra ones. Finding Hermaeus Mora in a hole in the ice in the middle of nowhere was cool and that haunted house was spooky. Can't remember Hircine's or Dagon's though.

Yeah, he's right the Forsworn one was good.

Semi relevant question. How to get in to Oblivion?

I enjoyed Morrowind and Skyrim, started Oblivion even though I originally got turned off by the level scaling, now I'm having trouble getting into it the way I could in the other two. Where are all the damn sidequests? There seem to be very few compared to the other games.

that's a good one HAH

NONE

I was almost done after 10 hours with skyrim until I found frostflow lighthouse, it was fucking awesome, I actually felt sad and surprised with that quest, god I actually enjoyed to kill that fucking chaurus, this quest served as fuel for me to keep playing the game, trying to find something similar, it never happened again sadly

If it's the one which had some corpses and notes on them, which turned into a falmer dungeon crawl #3941, then no, it sucked ass.

>tfw you start Skyrim after installing 100 mods at once and
>It's still a lifeless piece of shit of a video game

>bought all 3 dlc
>the one i actually touch is housebuilding hearthfire
keep thinking i'll come back to re-play but the fire just wasnt there

Indeed, the notes made all the difference, and in the end you throw the keeper skill into the fire to let him rest, those little details made all the difference

no you are a faggot
faggot

he is right tho

get your soul into the void of time space

Most daedric quests, a couple of quests from various factions, random quests like the frostflow lighthouse, Solitude lighthouse quest, Forbidden legend, some quests from various cities like the vampire one from Windhelm, Dwemer ones from Riften and Markrath, etc were all interesting. Now I think about it Skyrim had many interesting quests. Both dlcs had interesting quests too.

Meanwhile in Fallout 4 I can't remember any good one except the Silver shrouds and the Cabot family.

You played every quest in the game but you think its shit.

The ball appears randomly, so no.

The fuck is this argument?
I cheated with godmode and all the spells so I wouldn't have to actually play the game and fast traveled as much as I could (didn't want to use coc for reasons).
If the only way to have fun with a game is by actively avoiding 80% of it then the game is bad.

are you retarded?

Your favourite game is a piece of shit just like you.
Kill yourself.

I liked the one where I had to go into this long corridor they call dungeon and retreive a thing.

>arguably morrowind
Not even close. Morrowind did everything that mattered far better.

;_; so mean!

>m8 EVERYONE here browses reddit
No. Purge when?

can't believe you fell for it lel

>implying half this board isn't plebbitors

why the spoiler

The quest where you meet the guy in the snow town and go to the dungeon to either achieve a lost item or stop some force from hurting the town.

Either way, at the end of the quest, you get talked to by a daedra and they tell you to kill the guy.
I always kill him.

That's the only good quest I can remember in the game.

>doing what a daedra tells you
you got got, mate

That's the Vaermina quest in Dawnstar.
To this day I still don't know if the dude turns on you in the end as she says because I always murder him.

i was 11 when i played it

he doesn't

this is pretty obvious if you were paying even a tiny iota of attention during the quest

Ah, yes. It's called Waking Nightmare.
I just wanted the item.

Holy shit, I didn't like sneaking/thieving but I LOVED that quest

Get the fuck out of here underage

>implying
He's a dunmer, him shanking you from behind is always a possibility

get out s'wit

Fuck off nigmer.
Red Year the best year of my life.

Lost to the Ages. That whole quest line was great, it is underappreciated because it came with the 2nd DLC.

I really enjoyed the vampire questline.

Dark Brotherhood

It also gives you quite good light armor

My favorite quest was the one where you sneak into the Honeyfarm and burn all the beehives

Hello

wow really?

that was "fun" for you?

>sneak
You can literally genocide the entire estate.

The quests with the Black Books in Solstheim were really cool. All the dream worlds and shit were really fun

He doesn't. He becomes a follow after.

Herma-Mora is cute, CUTE!

why are you pretending to be him ? ?
??

I don't think any of the TG quests require sneeking
The thieves guild in skyrim are more like The Unpleasant Thugs guild to be honest

The Priest of Mara questline in Riften. It's funny watching some autistic mage trick his way into a girls pants. GOod shit

also i pickpocketed all their shit while they were canoodling

the thieves guild quest was really a travesty, and it's a real shame because the stealth mechanics in TES are basically the only thing that gets better in each game. It really seems like they hired some asshole who had never even played a video game to write it.

nightingales my ass.

Well now I feel bad about myself.
The staff is pretty shit too.

Nothing in Skyrim comes even close to that Dark Brotherhood quest from Oblivion where you had to kill everyone in locked house.

Dude stop being so angry all the time. I've been here since 2007 and never been to reddit. I know they're cancer but I'm telling you this as someone that wants you to be happy. Just take a chill pill ok?

this
It wasn't built up enough, and once it happened I didn't really feel like it meant anything

You even get rewarded for doing that.

>I don't think any of the TG quests require sneeking
It was, with one or two exceptions, pure dungeon crawling. You go through 6 dungeons throughout the quest line. 7 if you count Goldenglow as a dungeon. You steal, at most, 2 things while working for the THIEVES guild.

>I've been here since 2007
kek yeah

I think it'd been better if instead of the thieves guild they called it crime syndicate or something, because other than the optional side quests everything you do that isn't a dungeon crawl is more gangster like.

>it's the thieves guild
>no consequence to just zerging everything as a warrior
>it's the mages college
>you just have to thu'um once to be admitted

Most memorable Skrim moment wasn't even a quest, it was when I was trying to level pickpocketing in Riften after I reached that point where there was really nothing else to do and money wasn't an issue for bribing guards. I tried pickpocketing some dude and he caught me which aggroed the guards and suddenly everybody I ever did a quest for (including the guy I tried stealing from) pulled their axes out and went Ferguson on the guards, to their deaths. Afterwards the guards made a perimeter around one of the dead rioters and did this slightly bugged murder investigation radiant reaction that I never saw before where they told everybody to calm down and approached me to ask if I knew anything.

It was one of those technology moments people here like to go on about, obviously the Radiant AI wasn't working as intended at all but it was still a pretty nifty series of events.

Why is serana so terrible

GAS REDDIT

INTERNET WAR NOW

This, all of the guild questlines in Skyrim were shitty. Say what you want about Oblivion, but the guild quests were actually pretty damn good.

>technology
>people start zerging the guards because they catched you
>the guards murder everything
>afterwards they start an investigation and asks you, the guy they caught pickpocketing, if you know anything

what's so bad about reddit?

I don't understand the Serana hate. Laura Bailey is GOAT.

This.

Or when you find out someone has been tampering with the dead drops, tricking you into systematically assassinating the Black Hand.

The Dark Brotherhood was actually really well done in Oblivion.

you have to steal a lot of things if you do the side jobs they give you.

I was having fun with the requiem mod while i was able to, but it crashes every 10 minutes or so, probably due to the other 90-100 mods i have installed, but they all worked together before requiem. is there some mod somewhat similar to requiem, or similarly a large gameplay overhaul that might work with a shit-ton of other mods?

I forgot how good that quest was. I also kept a save file for the final heist of the thieves guild, since you can't ever return to those areas

Yeah, one of the reasons that stood out so much to me is because of how fucking ridiculous the whole scenario was and obviously it's not something Todd Howard would talk about on stage to promote Skyrim but just the fact that the radiant system made this little completely unscripted riot happen in Riften that wiped out half of the merchants was really cool.

If you use your imagination like a little autist you could pretend that the guards were trying to cover up the obvious fuckup of wiping out half the town's economic infrastructure by blaming it on the pickpocket. Not saying that you should justify radiant AI and gamebryo's weirdness with "just make shit up like it's DnD :DDDD" but stuff like that is why I loved Skyrim back when I played it regularly.

three is not "a lot"

This quest broke on me. I went to the altar got the quest but the beacon never spawned.

My favorite is the one where you sit in a cart and wait to be executed.

It's the only one I've played because I realized immediately this was another shitty Bethesda game, ejected the disk, and used it for skeet shooting practice.

If I wanted "Oblivion with Guns: 'We're turning it back into elder scrolls' Edition", I'd mod Fallout 3. Fuck that shitty hack company.

Game of the Year? More like shit of the century.

hahahaha you realize that last bit nullifies any crediblity you may have right?
my life is in shambles

literally me in the middle

it was definitely more than three. the dunmer girl has four different categories for different types of thief jobs.

This was my first encounter with Falmer, so it was extra memorable.

>not a single attractive person in the entire photo
Makes me feel a bit better about myself honestly.

unbearable

>that enormous pile of jizz rolling down the pavement

>someone actually took his time to make this

120 hrs in MS Paint.

>Diablo clone is the greatest RPG ever
lol

great blog post, anonymous

>you will never be THIS autistic

>lol
fuck off

>not dualwielding Dawnbreaker and Nightingale Blade

Can't seem to recall one like that. Were there any obvious traps or insultingly simple door puzzles in it?

The quest where you spend ages making the graphics looks good as possible and then jerk off.

but for real that dream quest in the blue palace was fun

What are you talking about, the 2x tanned Asians on the left looks alright.

It is a quest you get for reading the letter

that's the one I hate the most

>Get Dragonborn
>Can't get my own Telvanni tower

Skyrim will forever be shit

>that second panel
I never want to do that questline again, thank god I'm just here for the porn mods at this point

What was this quest on the OP? I forgot everything I did in Skyrim.

>Scott Pilgrim
>good

Nope.

So how is that enderal mod the nazis made? Worth a go, Or just overhyped again? And is it supposed to be in ES lore or is it their own thing?

the one that you enter a warehouse and need to find out about the murders
you discover that all the family was eaten by chorus

They're all pretty forgettable. I guess climbing that damn mountain and fighting the troll for the first time.

Haven't tried it yet, but no, it's their own thing lore-wise.

Maybe I never did that one I guess.
Don't even remember what a chorus i.

>I don't even know these guys I'm just here for the free beer

I downloaded it, it honestly blows vanilla Skyrim out of the water. Still, it is very clunky.

Definitely worth playing once I feel, especially if you're like me and get an itch of wanderlust every so often.

>it honestly blows vanilla Skyrim out of the water.
A low bar, but alright, sounds fun

Really takes me back to 2012

>2012
>this new

I was on reddit back then. Started going on Cred Forums this summer

U suck

why? I liked it. Considering 90% of skyrims quests are fetch/kill and are boring it was nice.

taking the disk out of my 360

Implying your not a cock flopping around on a keyboard

>not just playing it for sex mods

The College of Winterhold quests are good but only if you're playing as a magic based character.

>Hi I'm strongarms mclongsword the nord, I hate magic and exclusively smack people with sharp sticks, but I need to learn about my new screamy powers, mind helping?
>ALL HAIL OUR NEW ARCHMAGE

I hate how Skyrim questlines seem to steer me into being an evil/ambivalent, brutish, dumb mercenary type. You never really feel good or get a sense of accomplishment from completing quests. Go here, murder 30 to 40 people who aren't doing shit to me, grab a 20 gold amulet for a pittance. Everyone treats you like shit too, even though you're doing them a favor one way or another. If you stick too it, you end up killing far more people then the fucking dragons ever do. Even the evil quests suffer because you don't get to be intelligently evil; you're always someone else's patsy or tool.

The dwemer one where you look for the atherium ore or whatever.

Didn't have map markers for some locations was kind of actually interesting.

It was the only quest I liked, the only one.

>never been to reddit. I know they're cancer

4kids makes me laugh so much

The one where the game crashes for the 100th time and I don't ever play it again

What games that aren't skyshit do giant underground caverns lit by giant glowing mushrooms? Blackreach was great, aesthetic wise, and hits my vidya environment fetishes hard

The underground thing was cool, but I got real tired of Lovecraftian Falmer thing. Suffice it to say I was not a fan of the Falmer focused cave simulator DLC nor the literal Cthulu focused DLC.

Are falmer really lovecraft? And yeah, dawnguard had a few neat things, item wise (muh crossbows), that place with the rave animals was nice, and I admit I like a few of the gimmicks the caves had, like actually dark enough to warrant a torch or rapid currents. Oh and perk trees for vampire man and werewolf. That being said; the caves themselves were shit, the bossfight with king vampire was shit, the fact that they were too lazy to make two bossfights so they just make you fight him even if you are a vampire is shit, vampire attacks are shit, falmer are shit, that fucking ice canyon that's just overleveled falmer for fucking ever is super shit, and what's her face was shit that occupied your follower slot for a decade while not letting you use her as a pack mule was shit
fuck I never actually thought about how much I hated dawnguard
dragonborn was cool though

>hyped for another Dark Brotherhood questline
>it was utter shit

5 years later and i'm still mad.

>can destroy the brotherhood
>no actual story
>no getting the pentitent occularriftus, or guards, or anyone and staging a full out assault, >just fucking kill these like 5 guys like you could do to any given faction, get a quest marker and call it a day
>you can't do this with the thieves btw they're there for good

Bard's Leap or whatever. You go there, kill a bunch of people and hagravens that were turning a guy into a briarheart with their dagger. Somewhere around there there's a note or book about the pilgrimage that people take, and you can jump off and talk to a ghost who rewards you with experience in speech.

Also nearby there's a house/hut with Skeever around it and rocks piled up outside. If you look at the rocks there's a ring and flowers strewn about, and the house had the corpse of a guy in it.

I guess what I mean is that the area design tells better stories than the quests do. (which even moderately interesting ones "sleep in and in, ghost shows up, ghost tells you to go get his sword back, are let down by the fact of not knowing if the item you need was put there, or if it's just there because of the radiant quest system)

>SPOILER:

Time to leave

>feel kind of weak and shit by being a prison bitch
>have to get by using shivs or your bare hands
interesting premise but
>lol magic
>lol werewolf
>lol vampiremode
>lol thuum
not to mention some of the logic behind the quest story was pants on head retarded

>that whole fucking quest

It was like they had this really interesting idea and then they just said fuck it halfway through.

Yeah i thought that was stupod since i was a arch mage vampire lord

Books in Skyrim are the best part of the game.
I was actually looking for new volumes of "The Adventures of Eslaf Erol" thorough the game. Shit was fun to read.

come to think of it, how DO prisons in tamriel deal with crazy ass mages farting tornadoes or werewolves and vampires eating the guards?

I'm always a sucker for missions like these.
Sneak in just a knife and proceed to executing all the enemies 1 by 1.

>come to think of it, how DO prisons in tamriel deal with crazy ass mages farting tornadoes or werewolves and vampires eating the guards?
the game is as deep as a puddle

If you want to go this road there are hundreds of instances where small things like that apply.

>get comfy in your house
>put your armor away
>take all the books you looted on today's adventures and put them in the hoard
>check to see if you found any new volumes of your favorite series, interesting new one offs, or goofy shit that adds character to the world
>realize you're playing a video game to read books instead of just reading books

Its hard to remember. I remember putting a lot of hours into Skyrim. The only quests I can think of are the Dark Brotherhood and the ending of the game where you kill the dragon.. I didin't really play for quests. I just liked exploring. Finding caves and shit. And I tried to make the coolest looking character. Anyone can be super ultra powerful. Not everyone can look cool doing it. I remember I made a Roman style dude with the rare Imperial Helm. I had the companion shield thing and then that dawnbreaker roman sword. Outfit was imperial of some sort. I looked pretty cool.

Then I got bored and I tried a second playthrough of Dark Souls. I haven't touched skyrim since then, and I have been spoiled by Souls gameplay and interesting characters/side quests so I don't think I have any reason to return.

I really liked the whole deal on Solstheim in the Dragonborn DLC. I saved it for last and was not disappointed like I was because of the main quest line. Fuck the Blades and their code, I wish I could've killed them all.
>collect the black books
>black books give you cool extra abilities like making your shouts stronger and stuff
>explore the realm of Herma Mora
>get a nice new shout that gives you useful buffs and makes you look shiny
>a better boss fight against Miraak than against Alduin
Not to forget that spooky mantra the people from that village recited every night and if you slept you could wake up working on that stone yourself.
>here in his shrine
>that you have forgotten
>here do we toil
>...
I don't remember it anymore.

turning the blades from plainclothes secret agents to samurai and then dragonslayer samurai were probably the biggest insults in the series.

dragonborn seemed like someone was trying to show up the main game, even in little ways
>actual wave effects

>and it wasn't even that far into the Dark Brotherhood quest line.
It was the last quest, wasn't it?

Has it been revealed what happened to the Dwemer? I loved exploring the ruins in Morrowind.

>Mfw getting the Dawnbreaker and the Sunlight Arrows and them glowing every time I went to oblivion plane
Paladin as fuck

not definitively, but unfortunately at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the main plot point of a future game, which means that it will be as stupid and cliched as it could possibly be. some dumb shit like "they made their own plane of oblivion" or "talos did it"

>"they made their own plane of oblivion
would actually be pretty kickass

yeah I'd say that would be a middle-of-the-road option, not offensive or lore-breaking but not really compelling either.

>goofy shit

Those are my favorites. I'm a sucker for low brow fantasy which doesn't take itself too seriously.

Another great book was the one which deals with the nature of the Elder Scrolls.

Honestly I just wish they'd do more with the snow elves than lolgoblins and that one guy and his now dead brother

>Its hard to remember. I remember putting a lot of hours into Skyrim. The only quests I can think of are the Dark Brotherhood and the ending of the game where you kill the dragon.. I didin't really play for quests. I just liked exploring. Finding caves and shit. And I tried to make the coolest looking character. Anyone can be super ultra powerful. Not everyone can look cool doing it. I remember I made a Roman style dude with the rare Imperial Helm. I had the companion shield thing and then that dawnbreaker roman sword. Outfit was imperial of some sort. I looked pretty cool.
>Then I got bored and I tried a second playthrough of Dark Souls. I haven't touched skyrim since then, and I have been spoiled by Souls gameplay and interesting characters/side quests so I don't think I have any reason to return.
holy shit are you me?
the same thing happend to me

nah, i get what you mean
sometimes you gotta ignore the autism
>kill everyone in that quest
>that's not the way we thieves do things
>here's your reward

I havent played skyrim properly since I played a souls game. It's like going back to some dark ages 1990s shit.

Never play a melee build.

This is how you have fun with Skyrim.

Did you by chance miss the entire fucking point of that mission. The Thieves Guild thrives thanks to Noc's blessing. If she's pissed they don't get their blessing.

Devs just don't know how to write anymore so they use earlier, more interesting concepts from earlier in their series as crutches. Every single video game franchise I know of that has one has completely blown its load on the mysterious, mostly unseen precursor race it introduced that started as an interesting, creepy enigma early in the series.
>Forerunners in Halo
>Protheans in Mass Effect
>Pre-War US in Fallout
None of these needed to be shown, but its a great indicator that the Dwemer are going to receive the same treatment.

Only reason i ever play it is for porn mods

same, got 0sex installed, but after I get bored of playing dress up I'll install sexlab.

Nice

Dwemer are neither unseen, unknown, nor precursors though. We know a lot about them, we know what happened to them, where they are, and what they were like.

>Pre-War US in Fallout
to be fair it wasn't exactly a big mystery, and you only saw them eating breakfast before shit hit the fan
not that fallout 4's writing is good by any measure, mind, but I don't think it's on the same level as the forerunner/precursor fanwank 343 has been pulling since the trilogy ended

spent like 3 hours installing like 15 slutty clothes mods/packs and taking screenshots. Totally worth it.

Shit I haven't played skyrim since exbax and have it sitting in my steam list from some sale, I should mod; had my eye on that devious devices mod for a while, and theres another one that let's you capture and pose fem npcs in various dungeon gear (spread eagle crosses, cages, basic chains, etc.)

Oh yea that one. The AI in Oblivion was so much better than the other games in the series so it's hard to not get spoiled.

Like the traveling merchants(dumb but fun) and guards, enemies actually folowing you outside of caves forts etc so for example you could lure them out in the open if it was difficult for you to fight indoors.

There was a very similar quest to that one btw. I think it was Meridia's daedric quest where you had to make two clans living in the same village murder each other. And it was funny because the first time you went there the people were overflowing with compassion and so on. Kept saying how the two family heads got along with each other.
Like the nord chief was a strong and just dude and the elf was wise and all that bullshit.

Made the feeling when they started killing each other off(its you who set everything up and made them do it though) that much enjoyable.

That's what the games about
post more please

Does Oblivion have good stuff like that to?

blackreach was great

I'd say so, but it obviously won't look at good.

My favorite quest was uninstalling it. Because it's one of the worst "RPGs" of the last generation.

>You will never colonize and reclaim blackreach as a new Jarl

But PC gamer named it the Greatest Game of All Time (in 2013).

>reclaim
From what? The nords never claimed it.

forget all your other (you)s but this is the real reason

Oblivion was the first game that dumped the uniqueness of the elder scrolls series and went for easy and generic high fantasy artstyle and world-building.

Subnautica does this really well.

Have you heard about the Imperial Guards from Oblivion that seem to have esper abilities?

Well with them around trust me, whatever you are you do NOT want to break out of prison or do anything that may turn you into a criminal scum.

Just dont. One followed me in an Oblivion portal somehow and started killing everything on sight with nothing to stop him. I almost felt sorry for the daedra.

>What about Skyrim and it's generic mountain monkey residents? I prefer generic high fantasy with actual different regions rather than just constant snowy sea of mountains with literally nothing in it.
why was this deleted?

I like this quest. I was hoping for Katriah to become a permanent ghost follower, but nope.

Except you the dragonborn literally prove that her blessings are bullshit?

Call it, "taking out the trash"

A night to remember, but Bethesda's lazyness managed to ruin even that one.

>married to Ysolda for in-game months
>start doing quest
>go to Whiterun
>marker points me to Ysolda
>she congratulates me on my wedding

>married to Ysolda
>marrying a barbed penis lover

>Oblivion was the first game that dumped the uniqueness of the elder scrolls series and went for easy and generic high fantasy artstyle and world-building
Nigger, what? Have you ever heard of Arena or Daggerfall, TES world in both was generic high fantasy.

>not enjoying the idea of Ysolda NTR'ing you while you're away adventuring and fucking Lydia
user pls

morrowbabies think morrowind is the first game

>ITT literally nobody has actually played the damn game

also fuck that lighthouse quest: scariest/most eerie shit I've ever seen in a videogame

how can TES games have creatures that are more horrendous and frightening than 99.9% of actual survival horror games

try dead rising and bloodborne

Dead Rising wasn't spooky in the slightest and I can't play Bloodborne, but you mentioning it reminded me of these fuck Human Centipede/Skeleton hybrids in DaS 3, as well as the entire Irythill Dungeon level which are almost as nightmarish as the shit that western RPGs throw at you

Bloodborne is leaps and bounds above dark souls 3

>Dead Rising wasn't spooky in the slightest
yes it was

do mods work with the "new" hd skyrim ?

kinda tempted to pirate it

"probably"

its not even fucking out yet

Becoming Archmage, that was the best house by far. I made a giant pile of skulls and spent 3 hours arranging the inventory of that place

Doors of oblivion really captivated me (even though its like 500 words)

The books always had a lot of irony, like vernaccus and bourlour and withershins

Skills books best books