The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons / Oracle of Ages

The Oracle games have the best dungeon design in the whole series and actually uses the dungeon items you get in all of them to make for some really creative and complex puzzles. They're the most underrated entries in the series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fqKGl6exyyY
garethrees.org/2004/12/01/ocarina-of-time/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody played them.

Significantly better than Link's Awakening in almost every way. It's the same engine but tons more to do, better art style, can be made much more difficult through rings, and there's two of them.

I rate them just under ALTTP as my favorite Zeldas.

Ages has cooler items
Seasons has better dungeons

Haven't played them, but I have been thinking about playing them. Should i start with a specific one or does it not matter?

all the Capcom developed Zelda games are solid

Doesn't matter. Just make sure you get the code from the first one you beat and plug it into the second one.

They do have some of the best dungeons but the overworld puzzles are overly complex and tedious, especially Seasons which involves cycling between 4 states without even any clear idea of which ones will open up which areas

To be honest it'd be much better if Nintendo outsourced more Zeldas to Capcom. Aside from ALttP and Ocarina all other non-Capcom Zeldas were really lackluster. Or maybe it is only my vision since Seasons was my first Zelda followed by Link's Awakening and ALttP

Honestly I've played through them a million times and while you can play in any order, the best way to do it is Ages first, then Seasons. Downside is you don't get Ricky as your companion (Moosh is pretty cool though), but Ages is more puzzle oriented while Seasons is more about action. If you play them in reverse order you'll just steamroll through the action and the second game will seem tedious (as Ages already is a little with then Time puzzles).

Somebody just watched the Boss Keys vid on these games.

>Downside is you don't get Ricky as your companion (Moosh is pretty cool though),

You can get any of the 3 companions in your starting game depending on which way you obtain the flute. I don't remember which method correlates to which companion but in each game there are 3 ways to get the flute
1) Buying it at the store
2) Winning it in a minigame
3) Ignoring it and waiting for the companion to give it to you when needed

Each method gets you a different companion no matter which game you started at

The canon way is to play first Seasons and then Ages, for that pirate ship thing.

Ignore

First off, no. It wouldn't.

Secondly, the team that made these games, Flagship NO LONGER EXISTS. Stop giving Capcom credit for these games.

Third. Hidemaro Fujibyashi, the director of the Flagship games is the guy who's directing Breath of the Wild, as he did with Skyward Sword.

>tfw the code you put into the other game DIDN'T FUCKING WORK

You need to play Ages first for the story of Queen Ambi and the Captain. but I think each order has their own unique story bits

Just completed this game and thought it was great, but the opening was so slow and the text boxes that open up when you touch the wrong rcoks were retarded.

How does it compare to Oracles?

Did you just watch Mark Brown's video on these games?
youtube.com/watch?v=fqKGl6exyyY

Oracles' dungeons are way better, but Link's Awakening has more memorable moments in general. The melody, your date with Marin, the photo book, etc.

Yes and I wanted to know what Cred Forums about OoS/OoA's dungeon design.

Is it even worth playing through both games? I hear they are very similar, like pokemon red and blue?

What are the diffferences?

Awakening has better atmosphere.

Oracles have much more streamlined design (prime example is those fucking boulder text boxes being taken out) but they also border on being too complicated at times. You will probably love them if you like Awakening though

They're completely different games, not like Pokemon at all. When you finish one of them you get a password to enter in to the other one, which makes some things carry over and unlocks the true ending

>they also border on being too complicated at times
Honestly, that's part of their appeal. They don't baby you like many other Zelda games.

I'm more speaking in terms of control. Having to manage 3 different harp songs and 8 different seed types is a little annoying on a 2-button game system

>Awakening has better atmosphere.

That's your personal, subjective opinion and it is objectively wrong faggot

It's literally 1 button to press to get to the option you want user. Do you keep messing it up by barreling through it and selecting the wrong item, having to restart the second long process?

>implying

They were my first Zelda games and they're still my favourites. I love the artstyle, music just everything and secretly I hope it stays underrated, you know why, look at OoT.

You mean Mark Brown's video on the cool new dungeon graph he invented.

>Veran
>Has a longer dungeon
>Gets like five forms
>Is encountered several times through the game.
>Sexy blue witch

>Onox
>Dungeon is like five rooms and involves a rematch against that piece of shit Facade that no one cares about.
>Two forms
>Is never heard from again after the opening until you're ready to storm his fortress.
>Iron Knuckle reskin

Onox was a mistake.

>invented

been kind of done before garethrees.org/2004/12/01/ocarina-of-time/ but these articles arent as well researched