youtube.com/watch?v=fihc2ONQ5v0
youtube.com/watch?v=dUozK4yYwOY
youtube.com/watch?v=q1x6G1haTN4
youtube.com/watch?v=5n7suMYBnTM
youtube.com/watch?v=ATuPu9472qA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good game make another please

loved it

It's the best game in the Wario Land series.

I got stuck at that part and quit.

The definition of a perfect game.

Never could understand why it got so much praise around here. It's not bad, but I played through most of it this year and didn't think anything special of it. Unless that last zone I didn't do has like, the best fucking levels known to man, I don't quite understand why it's so popular.

Not that good.

>finish stage
>missed one piece of treasure
>have to scour the level for it until it's found to make progress

Wario World is the pinnacle of Wario games

pretty great, a bitch to 100% though

its just great in general, good music, good gameplay, good boss battles, there is nothing really bad to say about it because its a well made game

Wario World is good but it doesn't hold a candle to any of the Wario Land games.

E-E-E-EXCELLENT!!!!

I've only played Wario Land 1 & 2. Played them for the first time this Spring

Literally nostalgia. They're not even that good.

Wasn't this game so good someone made an entire book pinpointing everything that made it good?

fun game.

Wish it were a little longer.

Wario World had a boss in EVERY LEVEL. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And THEN at the end of each world you fight an even BIGGER one.

That itself is the tightest shit in any 3D puzzlebrawler

post yfw

Better than any Mario game released after it. Bought it on a whim when I was 12 and didn't expect to be rewarded so well by my choice.

Wario Land 2 I feel was the best of the series because it wasn't about racing through the level and racing back, it was about scouring and exploring them using status changes and enemies to find new locations, paths, and treasures.

Also, Anyone up for B-Ball?

it's great but then you read the game dev book about it and it's fucking amazing.

also the song in the first level is fantastic.

Well I can think of a few things, really. Like says, missing one of the treasure pieces and then having to do the level over again is a total drag, and I found the levels and music to range from "passable" to "it's good but not fantastic". It's got some interesting mechanics like being able to use environmental transformations, but as I was playing it the game didn't strike me as particularly phenomenal for whatever reasons. I'll probably make the effort to go finish it soon, it shouldn't take more than an hour or two and I don't want to leave it incomplete forever.

This track is fucking dope though, I'll give you that.
youtube.com/watch?v=dUozK4yYwOY

OFFICIAL, OBJECTIVE WARIO TIERLIST ~FINAL REVISION~

Garlic Tier:
Virtual Boy Wario Land

High Tier:
Wario Land II
Wario Land 4

Mid Tier:
Wario Land 3
Wario World

Low Tier:
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Wario Land: Shake It!!

D'OH I MEESED Tier:
Wario: Master of Disguise

>yfw you see the timer on Spoiled Rotten in Super Hard mode

I loved it
also the fucking Music
youtube.com/watch?v=q1x6G1haTN4

yeah yeah we get it you're a contrarian

How were you supposed to know to throw the rock?

That's treasure for you.

I think Shake It should be moved up for music and art direction alone, but other than that, excellent list.

Where's the game, user? You told us last month you were doing a Wario fangame like Wario Land. I know you're here!

>tfw there will never be another Wario platformer, only "crowdfarted" shovelware

Who's going to take his place Cred Forums?

Wario World had excellent mechanics.
If it just had larger, more interesting worlds and more enemy variety it would be perfect.

SHIT

Evidence
youtube.com/watch?v=5n7suMYBnTM

Perhaps a step back gameplaywise from what Wario Lands 2 and 3 did, but great music, design, graphics, sound, color, a true classic for the GBA system by far

Rev up those minigames

It's real easy to see how WarioWare followed Wario Land 4. They're very similar even though they are completely different.

>racing through the level and racing back
I wouldn't mind if WL4 were like that, but it's more like
>painstakingly sweeping every inch of the level and racing back
Which always gave me whiplash. Taking time to get all the secrets is really fun once but having to do it all over each time you want a shot at that sweet, sweet crown pisses me off.

So WL2 is my favorite too, even though it's a bit shallower and easier. I'm usually never the guy who prefers less challenging games in a series but it's just so fucking smooth.

I think Wario Land II is the harder game to 100%. It's easier to just blow through a level in WL2, but if you're doing that, you're missing the point of the game.

Shake It has too many flaws in the game design. For example, some stages are just too tedious, farming cash to unlock more levels, the waggle and other stuff I might be forgetting. But yes, the visuals are EGGSALAD.

>Gives a valid opinion with valid criticisms
>Y-YOURE JUST CONTRARIAN, H-HAHA!

you're literally what's wrong with this board. Kys

>here's an objectively good game
>well actually [inferior game] is better
you are the problem

C'mon, man, I love Wario Land 2 and I've gotten all the treasures several times but it's got absolutely nothing on WL4's challenge. I haven't finished WL4 on Hard because I've had a taste of it and I know what a timesink it's going to be, and that's not even the highest difficulty.

>opinion thread
>you can't give opinions different from mine though.

Yeah no, you are.

VB is amazing, but it's far from the best. Although the only thing that's bad in it is probably the lenght. The game is just too short. But it's definitely near the top. It's like an improved Wario Land 1, without the puzzles that are present in later games, and the backtracking that's present in 3 and 4 (and World if backtracking to find new stones to finish the stage counts)

Wario/10

I hadn't thought about this game in about 10 years. It was the only game I had as a kid for a while. Emulating it now.

I love WL4 but I have to agree on the treasure part. In Hard/Super Hard, some treasure is hidden in walls with no indication that they're there.

>boo hoo I must be spoonfed, everything has to be in my sight! MAMA
>MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
It's time to stop posting.

It's "see a single screenshot and get sudden urges to replay it" tier

>In Hard/Super Hard, some treasure is hidden in walls.
It's called "hard" for a reason.
>with no indication that they're there
You should try Rayman

Shit level design

Hiding progress-required items in random invisible spots is a pretty cheap way of making the game artificially harder. It's equivalent to raising enemy HP/attack and nothing else.

youtube.com/watch?v=ATuPu9472qA