Can someone give me a rundown of how 3ds hacking is achieved?

Can someone give me a rundown of how 3ds hacking is achieved?

I just ordered one and don't have it yet, but the firmware is 10.7. I'm seeing people saying that you need a copy of cubic ninja or some other exploit game, but I thought that you could just transfer some files on the sd card and go from there. Do I have to buy extra shit or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)
lmgtfy.com/?q=freeshop github
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Update it fully before you make retarded threads like this.

just go to hbg

Don't update it.

Seriously, kill yourself you sad disgusting pig.

>he owns a handheld vidya toy

Listen to this , OP. The latest firmware has been fully exploited and as such all the latest tools and entrypoints are being developed for it. While you could still downgrade, it isn't worth it anymore.

And don't listen to fags like this . They just want to ruse other anons.

/hbg/ on /vg/ has both a really comprehensive guide and a bunch of people who have done it who can help you, try there.

Don't listen to this guy, he's trying to ruse you just go to /vg/

Yeah be sure to go there to be told to fuck off and read a pastebin filled with outdated content that offers no real help.

>10.7
Yes, you do.

For primary methods, either:

>Freakyforms
>Cubic Ninja
>OoT 3D + Powersaves
>SmileBASIC

There are also some secondary methods, which would require an already hacked 3DS.

For more information, see: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Do not update before hacking.

What's the cheapest model of DS I can get that will run most of the games, and can be hacked? I have a new 3DS xl so I can play any games that require that.

Yes it's a reasonably long guide, that's so it could be made as idiot proof as possible. Follow it to the letter and you'll be fine. Skip a step because you think it looks optional and any fuckups are on you.

Thanks. Will I be forced to update if I want to buy SmileBASIC on the eshop? I recall someone saying that if you're on older firmware you will be forced to update to the latest version before you can buy anything.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I did my 10.7 with browserhax but I could have the version wrong.

Once you update to 11.0, you'll be locked out of downgrading unless you hardmod it, which requires soldiering.

True, but OP needs to learn to use the appropriate boards for his questions, i.e. /wsr/, instead of shitting up this board even more.

Fucking spoonfeeding faggots

Your best bet is to buy one of the physical copies listed in here

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)

So does using one of the eshop title exploits work if you're not updated to the latest version? Or will it prompt you for an update?

Does anyone know how to get FreeShop on my Homebrewed 3DS?

You'd have to had it already bought and installed in your system. Your only option is using one of these cartridges

lmgtfy.com/?q=freeshop github

>tfw firmware version 11.0.0
kill me

>buy 2DS
>system transfer to downgrade new 3DS
>return 2DS