>small
>fits in the hand nicely
>perfectly square which is pleasing
>replaceable casing
>games sit perfectly flush
>buttons are responsive and feel nice

Name one flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/nintendo-ds-lite-console-/262642144064?hash=item3d26b11340:g:RAsAAOSwzaJX57JE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Console design

wut

No headphone jack.

the GBASP is a handheld

no 3.5 audio jack?

Apple made it better!

Honestly not that great ergonomically, I remember my hands cramping up a lot playing it. Everything else was great tho..

>Tiny as fuck
>Awful buttons
>Tiny shoulder buttons that malfunction
>No headphone jack
>Front-lit models are awful

Original GBA with a modded screen is the best GBA.

This, i wish the original mode had a back light, it felt better in my hands than the sp.

Lack of a headphone jack, plus the triggers were a bit squishy if memory serves.
Other than that, very nearly perfect as far as handhelds go.

It was made for women and children. I remember having problems just pushing the buttons with my giant man hands.

Why would you need one?

forgot to say that it's indestructible

>that user that put his in the dishwasher and it came out fine

>that A/B button placement

HOW DID NINTENDO FUCK THIS UP

They didn't?

These were perfect. I still have two silver ones and I've clocked hundreds of hours playing FFTA on them

Better sound quality? Not disturbing the people around you? Being able to hear the game more easily in a noisy environment? A sound jack is not very big or expensive, it wouldn't have been difficult to include.

No GBA game has sound that you NEED to listen to

Shoulder buttons stopped working completely after a few years
I suppose if I go back to it now I might suffer from cramps?

What is Rhythm Tengoku

Need is such a pointless word in the context of luxury products like games. It's never about need, and if something can improve the experience enough to make the investment of including it worthwhile, it should be done.

And there are some GBA games with really nice music out there, not to mention all the GBC/GB games which it can also play.

A bit small for my hands.

But then again, I do have Marfan's Syndrome.

For headphones.What kind of fucking dumb question is that?

Holding mine right now, it's crazy that there was a time when I couldn't balance it on my dick.

I know what you're saying but the fact that you're complaining about not being able to listen to a 2003 Gameboy with headphones as if that is some huge deal makes me really wish you were dead

It's been like this since the original gameboy. Should have been better placed as Y/B or like n64 A/B imo.

The micro and a GBA with a backlight mod are superior in every way.

It isn't a DS phat/Lite.

>Shitty ass Micro that can't even play GB games
>GBA with mushy shoulders and no backlight

Hipster shit

The micro is far too small. It hurts my eyes

>hipster shit
>prefers SP over any DS model
lol

Never said that, haha fag

>can't even play GB games

>playing GB games
Hipsters.

Feels like shit to hold. Every nintendo handheld starting with the sp feels like shit.

GBA has no games that you NEED to play

>not psp

The lack of headphones is a REALLY MAJOR FLAW. The screen was also not optimal, the light didn't look that good, and it's less visible than the original GBA when you turn off the light.

>and it's less visible than the original GBA when you turn off the light.
So don't?
Why would you ever?

Save battery or playing outside. It's a problem when you can't play outside in the sun or under strong lamps.

>talking on Cred Forums
cmon

Shit tier screens.

Didn't the micro have a better backlight?

no, this is the pinnacle of handhelds never realized until recently, that these things are fucking small

The DS lite is close to perfect, except the cracking hinges. Also bad for playing outside. The perfect handheld design doesn't exist, but DS lite may be the best one.

I personally never broken a ds before, still have my original one and the lite one, both stylus's are missing since I never seem to able to keep them around, but other than that they're practically brand new.

>ds lite
ebay.co.uk/itm/nintendo-ds-lite-console-/262642144064?hash=item3d26b11340:g:RAsAAOSwzaJX57JE

For stereo sound.

DS Lites have one big problem

Nintendo was courageous first

>original gba

I'd rather use a micro than an original gba modded or not.

>red and blue
>classics

rev up that fucking copypasta about how horribly Gen 1 and 2 aged. stick to the remakes thst are superior in EVERY way.

DSi for me

This.
And whilst I took care of my shit, that screen would mark if you so much as brushed a finger nail against it.
I honestly think if the orginal design came with a charge option and a decent backlight to go it would have been GOAT tier. Modding the backlight now aside, that shit was not available to an 11 year old me in 2001.
Still, i got a clamshell later, even came with a "sik tribal bruv"

Holy mental gymnastics Batman.

And you don't NEED a backlight either.

>SPleb can't afford a Micro

you also dont need to shitpost

Are you telling me you don't own a pair of headphones?

You have to be 18+ to post here.