What are some legit terrifying horror games?

What are some legit terrifying horror games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=voBxIPyZR5s
youtube.com/watch?v=aGQd4P6oTnE
youtube.com/watch?v=_l3oUjAN1IA
newgrounds.com/portal/view/582342
youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU
youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9vfq_n-cYM
youtube.com/watch?v=4CvjdbQ29qU
youtube.com/watch?v=t1jOB4E2n0k
youtu.be/CsrfovOPcjk
youtu.be/-MmWeZHsQzs
youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo
imgur.com/gallery/vlI2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=lQzzzqL8dOI
youtube.com/watch?v=mDYNuD4CwlI
youtu.be/blD2TiavFJA?t=22m38s
theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_the_Afterlife
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJzf5jqccw
youtu.be/GxC1kXm_AVs
lomando.com/main.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E
youtube.com/watch?v=XeeTBxQiuII
youtube.com/watch?v=n4PR9NZlAB4
lomando.com/atelierdesu.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DpmE5Wy7YMU
youtube.com/watch?v=HYXzA_UQpp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dead space 1

all of my nope

real life

youtube.com/watch?v=voBxIPyZR5s

>Revelation Online

>.gif
nope

I have no fucking idea how i finished that game.
I'm a HUGE pussy, i couldn't even play Stranded Deep because of the sharks.
>The times you KNOW you're gona get ambushed and assfucked but there is nothing you can do about it

Silent hill 1-3
Deadly premonition in a surreal Lynch kind of way
Dreadout

Also not vidya but horror related question, what was the name of that comic about the serial killer who makes someone tell you his life story before he kills you?

>sharks
I can deal with ghosts, demons, and Cronenberg- esque monstrosities but ask me to get in some water that has a shark in it and I will exit the game at mach 20

>.gif

I don't trust you.

the only thing scary about dead space was that asteroid minigame

Just Ocean shit in general.
How can Deep Sea be scarier that shit like Dead Space

It's just a miniature version of the fat guy that disappears instantly in the last panel

It's safe.
check the last panel

It's funny how 99% of the times, the gifs don't have anything startling in them and the fear is entirely on people seeing the file format

>gif

hahahahaha no

STALKER

nice gif

The first time i played Bioshock, I found that pretty spooky

>comic about the serial killer who makes someone tell you his life story before he kills you?
It was called Muchi Muchi Princesses, by some guy named Jeanne

Try rule of rose or haunting grounds

>hover on me
what?

I dun get it

Are you 12?

He doesn't live in the house because he lives in an apartment building.

I'm assuming the point of the pic is that the narrator originally came from that house, but later moved, meaning that the man is coming to kill him?

Read the first word of each line.

some people have hover zoom

oh fug

I understood them all except 1 and 5.

but i live in an apartment

>Her boyfriend's ghost sent her the Email
>The guy's girlfriend isn't real
>The Girl killed her family
>The TV was on without electricity

I do too
I feel safe

But I live in an apartment building.

The elevator has a woman who is scared of the narrator. Number 1 doesn't make any sense to me.

The Girl's room light was switched off
The killer was coming down the stairs

1 says he turns on all the lights yet his room light is off again when he returns. 5 I'm not sure

>The sweets killed the baby
>The guy is the murderer, he knows what the weapon is, but then he said the police haven't found the weapon yet
>She kept writing the diary after dying
>He killed his family
>He says he forgot to lock the door and when he got back home it was locked

so there was this girl with her dog under her bed

the dog licks her hand every once in a while

then one night she keeps hearing drops of water, but she knows it's fine since her dog is with her

eventually she's bothered enough to go and check the source of the sound

it's her dog with it's throat skit, the sound of water drops was it's blood!!!

but who was licking her hand???

The third one wasn't scary, it was sweet. She loved then enough to leave a message after she passed on.

Because the things that make you afraid of the ocean are real.

#7 is just a man with a waifu. 3DPD will never understand.

That fucking webcomic scared me shitless. It was actually my most terrifying experience with jumpscares. I jumped into the air and started smashing ESC and Enter and some random keys on keyboard to exit that shit because I couldn't hit the X with the mouse cursor, my hands were shaking that fucking badly.

11- The killer was using his finger to count the floors and windows to identify her apartment so he could kill her.
12- He was pointing at his mother's reflection in the darkened TV screen
13- What British people call the second floor is called the third floor in the US (US first floor = UK ground floor) so the killer was on their floor.
14- He's a train driver, she was run over.
15- She answered the door holding a butcher knife because she wanted to kill her husband

Jokes on you. I don't live in a house

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

What's with the second one?

"I thought it was human meat but I realized it wasn't but it actually was"?

1. Killer was counting up the floors to see where she was so he could go kill the witness.

2. The TV was off, the son was seeing a reflection of himself.

3. In london hotel floors are counted as having a ground floor. IE: Ground Floor, floor 1, floor 2. They were on floor 2 with the murderer.

4. He's a train conductor and the woman jumped in front of the train to commit suicide.

5. Why would the husband ring the doorbell to his own house. Also why would a burglar ring the doorbell.

mom

I'm pretty sure the guy's girlfriend is real and also a mop. The mother calls her dirty and puts her in a closet.

Why do you even care? Go play some videogames and forget about these silly stories.

Same. I remember it was like 3am, still living at my parents place, but they were out of town. I was just off to go to bed when i ran in on this.

Only time in my life that i can remember where my heart skipped a beat. So pumped with adrenalin afterwards i didn't sleep that night.

Fuck that webcomic, man.

They're a cannibal, ya dingle dongler

his girlfriend is a daki

update 7 was fucking the dog

!!!ACHTUNG!!!ACHTUNG!!!ACHTUNG

Now that was smart

How the fuck do you even do this

>The killer was coming down the stairs

Oh fucking shit

FUCK YOU DO NOT OPEN THIS IT GIVES YOU A VIRUS

2spooky

I'm a huge faggot and find Alien Isolation horrifying. I just can't stand playing for long.

holy shit

He's fast!

That works too. I read it as the mother expressing frustration with a dirty mop (or other cleaning tool, I suppose. But mops are, by far, the sexiest.) She threw it in a closet, announcing her disgust with how dirty it was.

HAYAI!

Epic, simply epic

Are you afraid of alien or those robot cunts?

I always forget this story then remember it as soon as Zack pulls out his gun to shoot the combination lock. The thought is just hilarious.
>This Mcdonalds is locked
>Don't have time to try knocking or looking for store hour notices, better blow it off the hinges

Does he plan to just casually proceed in and order a McDouble and a small coke?

I can play most horror shit but if you give a "too good" soundtrack, i just quit the game.
The music is the real horror for me.
Make it good and i'll never play it unless i do a break between 2/3 days.
A shitty song can make a horror sequence funny while a good one makes it fucking terryfing.
I used to play some silly songs while i played on some horror games

This reads like a fucking videogame
>AND THEN I PULLED OUT MY GUN AND SHOT THE LOCK SO I COULD OPEN THE DOOR
>AND THEN I FOUND A BOMB, LIT IT, AND PUT IT AT THE DOOR SO I COULD BLOW IT UP AND GET OUT

Everything

youtube.com/watch?v=aGQd4P6oTnE

When i was younger i couldn't handle this shit at all

I remember how I played horror games when I was a kid, I just turned off the audio and it was fine

Is 7 just a ghost gf because it seems too simple

How the hell is the narrator so sure it isn't human meat?

>Watching Ronnie stream Alien Isolation
>we have a good laugh over him hopelessly fighting a robot
>walks around the corner
>Alien right there in his face
>he screamed and quit the game

Ronnie streams were the best.

Silent Hill 2 would do that to me. Certain rooms made scary ass noises and music and I would just dread going through them.

>I didn't even have time to eat fries

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Sorry, dont know this guy.

Because he's eaten it before and knows what it tastes like

Presumably Ronnie Filyaw who drew OP comic

His GF is a mop

>rent the first Resident Evil on N64 from Blockbuster
>this scene comes up
>nearly shit myself

Is Ronnie a succesful and funny dobson?

>tfw I'm not afraid of anything since I got big biceps
If I see something scary I'm just going to punch it
I can literally punch away all of my problems

Who liked SOMA?

youtube.com/watch?v=_l3oUjAN1IA

It was really generic overall but goddamn did it have great sound design.

can you punch away depression

>>nearly shit myself
I would shat myself too if I had to bear the 64 version of RE2, 5 fps cutscenes and blurry models

What if the scary thing is yourself.

is this game about you?
newgrounds.com/portal/view/582342

But the first RE wasn't on the N64 user.

I'll do you one better.

youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

BUT WHO WAS IWNDOW?

I'm confused. Do you mean 2 or the original Resident Evil? If you mean the latter, you're full of shit because it wasn't on N64.

MFW the window

Stairs? I only have one floor. I was drunk all along.

How dare you not post the others

youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU

youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM

I could have remembered wrong. I assumed it was N64.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9vfq_n-cYM

This entire series gives greater fear than the Silent Hill games because its so fucking difficult and enemies are smart.

well, I can punch the turkey a bunch of times a day to keep depression away

>only 3
WHEN WILL HE MAKE MORE

Wish local 58 would make more stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=4CvjdbQ29qU

Hey dog play REmake shark labs

Someone opened the window and slipped inside while the guy was checking the door

I think the one I posted is by far the best one, but the others are ok too.

I love 2. There's something just so goddamn unsettling about it.

>INFANTS AND PETS: THE SMALLEST PATRIOTS

I'm liking these. I was expecting some ironic garbage from the watermark and the shit quality, but most of them are pretty clever.

Once I hear story about girl in Chaplygin. She was asleep in her bed, when she feel lick on her hand. She thinks it is dog and goes to sleep. Next morning, she finds note on dresser with dead head of dog. It says "Capitalists can lick too." She screams.

Father comes upstairs, takes belt off and beats her. Moral of story is daughters should not yell in house like peasant. House is not Siberian pigsty. I worry daughter will never find good Russian husband.

>we were so hungry, so we ran into the kitchen
lmfao

Yeah. Pretty much. The differerence between them is that Ronnie is making his comics to make people laugh while Dobson is self-centred as fuck and just wants to talk about himself/his opinions.

This message will repeat until no one is left to read it

I hope Europa actually end up having life so we can have deep sea in space threads now.

FEEL THE RAWK

Mother and father get little tired from building Communism, so they want to go to Moscow to buy vodka. They call most trusted babysitter. When babysitter arrives, children already sleep in beds. Babysitter just sits around and make sure everything good with children. Later that night, babysitter gets bored and goes to read Marx, but she can’t read downstairs because there’s no electricity (parents dodn’t want children reading Marx all night long). So, she calls parents and asks if she can get candles to read Marx in their room. Of course, the parents say it okay, but babysitter has one final request. She ask if she could cover up Lenin statue outside the bedroom window with blanket or cloth, because it makes her nervous. Phone line is silent for moment, and father who say, "Take children and get out of house. We will call milita. We do not have Lenin statue." Militia find all three of house occupants dead because KGB kill them for trying to cover Lenin statue. Then militia arrest parents for not having Lenin statue. Such is life in Moscow.

I remember silent hill 2 had a creepy as fuck track that had a really rapid beat that was fucking horrifying that would play in some rooms. I clenched like a fucking vice everytime it happened

Is this good? I'm afraid to click

Or maybe he tastes pork.

>we realize we were running out of gas
>[...]
>Filled up my car with my backup gas supply

THE NARRATOR WAS THE OIL

fanni

But how would he know that human doesn't taste like pork?

>Rerouting. Make a U-turn.
I laughed aloud.

That fucking filename though

Can someone explain #8 ?

N O S C R I P T
O
S
C
R
I
P
T

follow do not enter sign turn onto road in three hundred meters turn off your headlights

the burglar was scared by the corpses, who the person taking a shower killed

Some accounts say that human meat actually tastes like pork.

something that fucks me up in games are wide-open areas and poor draw distance

chameleon twist 2 is the worst offender of this, the sky boxes and platforms are anxiety inducing. youtube.com/watch?v=t1jOB4E2n0k

maybe the son killed them and the scream was from the burglar, idk why hes scared tho, maybe cause he will call the police

Soviet peasant filled with burning desire to read for glory of Soviet Russia. One day peasant go to Soviet bookstore, and sees book with skull on cover.

He asks owner how much is book, and owner responds 80 rubles. However, owner tell peasant never read last page, or else doom shall fall upon him!

Peasant reads all book in one night, is dark book of capitalism about by evil man, John Deere, talking of automated machinery and air conditioned tractors, many horrors in book indeed!

Yet peasant does not read last page, for he has fear in his heart! One night it storms however, and the man is bored. He finally gathers up enough Soviet courage to read last page, dispelling superstition, for he has faith in the Party.

As soon as he reads last page, man gasps! Book originally 20 rubles! The owner was Jew!

>tfw X16 in SoC

He's scared because he entered the house of a mass murderer who took a shower after his bad deeds

blyat

i dont get it

More?

man & girl go out to drive under moonlight. they stop at on at a side of road.
he turn to his girl and say:
"baby, i love you very much"
"what is it honey?"
"our car is broken down. i think the engine is broken. ill walk and get some more fuel."
"ok. ill stay here and look after our stereo. there have been news report of steres being stolen."
"good idea. keep the doors locked no matter what. i love you sweaty"
so the guy left to get full for the car. after two hours the girl say "where is my baby, he was supposed to be back by now". then the girl here a scratching sound and voice say "LET ME IN"
the girl doesnt do it and then after a while she goes to sleep. the next morning she wakes up and finds her boyfriend still not there. she gets out to check and man door hand hook car door

why would the mother want to throw the dog in the closet?

it doesnt

2spooky

only americans and cops

>The TV was on without electricity
no, it's that the person dropped the hairdryer into the bath while they were in it and were electrocuted to death, but hasn't noticed

Hold me, comrade

Kid is a ghost and the father doesn't notice him so he kills the mom but he's still a ghost?

AAHHHH IS SWEATY GOING TO BE OK??

>and man door hand hook car door
FUCKING SPOOKY

>M
>I
>D
>I
>I
>D

She's very clearly an assfaggots player since with the first 3 she's calling out mid for herself, and with the last she's probably using some sort of shorthand to call out the items she's buying my guess would iron branches and a dust of appearance.

>number 7
youtu.be/CsrfovOPcjk

Why is it so funny?

The kid killed his mom to get his father's attention and confessed to the murder but the dad's deaf and couldn't hear him

why does blood fly off his arm and why is his right hand wounded?

ghost blood

I think it's supposed to be when you realize he's still gonna mass murder, and the only guy who knows about is just like "no big deal, I live in an apartment"

The one with the GPS is stupid as fuck. No rational person would listen to their GPS when it tells them to make a turn on to an unmarked road with signs that say "DO NOT ENTER". And they would most definitely not listen to their GPS when it tells them to turn of the fucking headlights. They only good part was when it was chasing the guy, showing that the monster was the destination the entire time.

I think the riddle of 5 is that the building no longer had an elevator. He had to take the stairs because when he looked through the doors, there was literally nothing there. Which implies the woman who ran out screaming was a ghost who had died when the elevator crashed or something

God damn it, India

Space is a vacuum, deep sea is pitch black shit with things living in it.

There's this. There's also the fact you should read every first word of every line.

There's never concensus on number 5 whenever this shows up. I think the explanation that implies that whatever was chasing the screaming woman is coming down the stairs is the most reasonable one.

nah if i recall it means that she was fleeing from a murderer, but since she got the elevator, the murderer would be coming down the stairs.

Who was phone?

it was a suicide. she killed herself with a knife.

Then how did he post the status?

The only other problem I have with 5 is that if the elevator opens straight away it means it was already on the ground floor and she was just waiting around inside for some reason.

Go home kira

ghost facebook

I DON'T OWN A BED
THAT'S WHY I SLEEP IN THE COUCH

Of course, why didn't I think of that

Because you're stupid.

>tfw you really want to believe in ghosts, horror stories and all that shit but my autist-logical brain doesn't let me.

I mean, I'm not a fedora tipper, but every time I hear any kind of supernatural shit, I instantly know it's bullshit. I really want to believe, but it's like I have to turn off my brain for that. On the other side, my gf believes in all kind of supernatural shit. She loves horror movies while I get bored to death.

I really don't get it, why do people pretend to believe shit like that when deep inside they know is not true?

Wow, rude

>says the Cred Forums browser

>It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted... It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have.

maybe his dads not deaf but retarded, as the son literally stands there with a knife in his hand by his dead mother and it still doesnt add up

Where are all the skin walker pastas?

Nice blog

>668 KB
So close user, you were so close.

>autist
as expected of a frogposter

2 hard

Five Nights at Freddy's
Outlast
I'm Scared
Amnesia the dark descent
Boogeyman
Gone Home
Monstrum
Pony Island
Slender the Arrival
Night Blights
Among the Sleep
Alien Isolation
Lakeview Cabin
Papers Please
Undertale
Welcome to the Game

/thread

It's a goddamn shame the series peaked at the 2nd game

>not a frogposter

as expected of a Neurotypical

But it's true, just go to /x/ and see it for yourself, it has to be one of the most retarded boards of all Cred Forums.

I saw a will-o-wisp when I was 14, after praying.
Only time that's happened, but it kind of makes me believe.

>she gets out to check and man door hand hook car door
But who was phone?

>multiple countries
>tfw the entire world got sick of their shitposting

a few days ago i LITERALLY saw a ghost, how do you explain that?

9 is like a bad joke. It even ends with a punchline.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't hold any ground in the scientific community.

Use electronic methods man. It's really hard to dismiss a good EVP session.

it does when it literally happened

Same way you enjoy any other work of fiction; by suspending your disbelief. You don't play Mario and go WOW GOOMBAS AREN'T REAL

you

there's only anecdotal evidence that the scientific community even exists so why should we care about them?

Ecco the Dolphin

I agree. 1, 3 and even 4 are good. But the atmosphere on 2 was powerful as fuck. I was legit scared of play this and Silent Hill.

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

>I live in a house

VIDEO GAMES

what the FUCK

I don't get it.

2 late now

youtu.be/-MmWeZHsQzs
Imagine a game with this as the soundtrack

You see, there's a thing called the "scientific method". And due to that almost any hard science can refute pretty much every "supernatural phenomena" out there with FACTS.

Like I said. You have to turn off your brain or be completely retarded to believe on all that shit.

How do I not know that you're not literally insane and just seeing shit

Is this one of those old images that was used for that jumpscare that gets donwloaded when you open the image?

IT WAS THE MOM ALL ALONG

hey, are you me?

What? You can't make .exe happening in someone's PC just by uploading a .gif on Cred Forums.

>scientific method
>facts
abstract concepts we cannot prove actually exist in any meaningful way

duno, my browser didnt let it do anything for some reason

You're easily triggered. Are you that autist from earlier?

posting spookiest pasta ever

papers please? Please elaborate, i thought it was a beaurocracy simulator.

T U R O K
U
R
O
K

tldr

Naw, there's never been such a thing, it's just a meme

It used some kind of exploit to do it. It happened a fucking long time ago

this image makes me so fucking uncomfortable and I don't know why

Not today

There's nothing more horrifying than starving to death in some eastern european shithole

But I work at night.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read

its a gif that freaks out retards

post it on facebook and create a national panic

What about when you get sick?

>black
>swim for a few hours

stopped reading there, can only suspend my disbelief for so much, just like that autie in here who doesnt believe in ghosts

>abstract concepts we cannot prove actually exist in any meaningful way

The use of verifiable methods is an abstract concept, but anecdotal evidence is not?
Nice one m8

I'm easily triggered when people use all that ghosts shit for profit. When it's just out of their simply ignorance I don't care.
But here on Cred Forums, you would expect people with a considerable level of intelligence.

all you idiots talking about ghosts being real, of course they arent. if they were real, were's the proof? you cant have something existing for so long and not be able to document it. if we were real dont you think there would be inarguable photos, videos, or plausible sightings?

>Amnesia: TDD

Remember that shit? It was the birth of modern streaming, that game single handedly made livestream and justin.tv a big deal.

remember when /x/ was good

youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo

It was so long ago that I honestly can't anymore desu

Ahh. So it is still a beaurocracy simulator, just a realistic one. Like Social security.

As a small business owner, i always felt like this game would be too aggravatingly real for me.

Fuck, I laughed out loud

You got memed on, the list is just a joke.

What's scary is that you played Chameleon Twist 2

>they still have that post from 2013 stickied with over half the links broken and it's completely unupdated
Fuck that trash dead board

yes i do i only play state of the art aeronautic and physics simulators and firmly believe fiction is dishonesty and frivolousness

Would you play a game set in Maine?

How do I summon a succubus?

very carefully

I can be your succubus tonight user :)

>file size is 2 MB instead of 4 MB

do it right faggot

>wii edutainment game
>Genuinely one of the scariest games I've ever played

how do i summen a succubuss

hw 2 maek tulpa sex girlfrnd pls hlp /x/

I live in Maine and Stephen King is full of shit. There is absolutely nothing worth mentioning in this smoldering shithole full of mushmouthed rednecks.

Only drunks and meth addicts here.

Also crippling depression for anyone with a fraction of a brain.

Boco pls

Subnautica.

>mfw diving hundreds of yards below the surface into the darkness with no craft to get mushroom chunks

be fit, have a big dick, very virile semen, and they will come to you

i got a few spoops out of this thread few yuks too

>b-but they have to exist >:( life is just too boring if not :*(

This is how they sound, don't even bother, you can't use logic with that kind of people.

LITERALLY TRUE

>Read the first word of each line.
>"It I it I all he I he horrified I luckily"

sounds like his novels are pretty bang-on then.

each new line, not each sentence

Line. Not sentence.

Will never not be funny to me.

Every line, not every sentence.

Dead End Drive, its like $2 on steam, a really nice little indie game. Very unique.

Do what right? "le pretend to be scared of le spooky donut man xddd" is also a meme.

What the fuck are you doing

Are you a nigger ?

That banner fucking killed me when I first saw it. Goddamn I swear whoever made that is perfectly in touch with the average poster on that board.

I giggled like a little girl for a solid 10 minutes.

Fuck what that board has become. It used to neat spooky shit. Now it's just burning garbage with everyone pretending it smells nice.

Is /x/ legit just all crazy?

when i saw it i legitimately was scared and couldnt make any sounds, but i tried mashing keys and accidentally hit my mouse off the desk trying to close it which is when i decided to just run away from my computer
when i came back in the room, i prone-crawled across the floor like snake to avoid seeing the screen and pushes the power button on my desktop tower. couldnt sleep for the rest of the night

>spooky thread
>near bedtime

humans are naturally afraid of the unknown.

And that thing is... very unknown...

Nope, just retarded.

>i prone-crawled across the floor like snake to avoid seeing the screen

>Mfw imagining some fucking shirtless NEET snaking across his gross ass floor trying not to look at his damn computer, grumbling like Snake all the while

Jumpscares, huh?

I got scared playing Zombie Panic: Source when I was younger.

The fucking darkness and getting left behind/lagging behind while looting was horrible.

>Cred Forums /fit/ /fa/ and /adv/ above average

oh i am laffin

I don't get it.

Wait until you get to the volcano biome.
The Sea Dragon Leviathan is straight out of my nightmares and is twice as large as the biggest vehicle in the game. IT'S FUCKING NOISES ALONE MAKE ANUS COMPRESS INTO A BLACK HOLE.

You'll probably never play it again after your first Reaper encounter either.

This bait is highly amusing

It's alot less scary when you notice she is reverse-cross-eyed.

No

Cred Forums above /tg/

come on now

>Jump Scares: The Game

Fuck off. I'm a gigantic pussy when it comes to horror games, and Dead Space was a walk in the park. The atmosphere/setting was cool, but as a horror game it was nothing. After the first 30 minutes you should get into the groove of it and the jump scares shouldn't faze you at all.

You guys are overreacting
Also try scrolling through comic by holding middle click

>miniature
You do know that distant object seem smaller than they actually are, right? Do you have actual autism?

/d/ has ascended past all the rest and isn't even on the chart

>/lgbt/ above average
kleokl

She died in april. The last message was from May

is there anything scarier than the deep sea?

>I'm probably gonna have to get a job now
TRUE TERROR

Deep Space

Go to bed dep

I kind of want to go to /x/ and post Bloodborne shit as Micolash.

>be little 7 year old me
>get official playstation magazine
>it came with a Siren demo disk
>I never actually get new games
>"SWEET! Something new to play!"
>Popped that bad boy in right away

No.

Whatever is in there is a lot scarier

dolphins, nigga, dolphins are fucked up. they rape and murder for fun. They even rape humans.

I remember reading that up until the last century, scientists thought certain species of whales were pink. Eventually they figured out it was body-wide scar tissue from dolphins attacking the beasties their entire lives.

>dead space
>scary

Yeah ok

Just taking a stab here, but i doubt that 200 years ago we could measure the elements in the atmosphere, but we can now. Maybe in another 200 years we'll be able to measure ghosts.

>depth 70m

How can something down there be so... massive...?

thats what she said

>mfw I played through PT

That legit was the scariest thing I've ever played. It was put together too well. Things happening right in the corner of your vision, bizarre shit that is just freaky (the fridge swinging from the ceiling), little things like the radio saying "LOOK BEHIND YOU", the lights slowing getting dimmer through each iteration, god damn. It just put me in a state of confusion and panic, and then started throwing in shit like the baby crying and the figure standing in the entryway.

Fuck that shit was terrifying

>open up Stephen King novel
>instantly feel transported back to the 70s, 80s, or 90s
It's pretty great.

>The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?

fuck that game

Can't see shit, cap'n.

For number 5, could the lady have been trapped in the elevator?

It seriously still upsets me to this day that Silent Hills was cancelled. Fuck everything forever. PT was an experience.

I liekd FEAR.
Shit like this is good.

Monsters gooing ooga-booga like in deadspace is not.

Someone post the copypasta of the user that tried to fuck an alien

there's a part of me that really hopes death stranding is silent hills without the name.

Nothing on Earth. The bottom of the ocean is basically Silent Hill except you cant see at all without a light.

imgur.com/gallery/vlI2Y

>mfw

I still believe we're being rused something fierce. I will never stop believing in the ruse.

youtube.com/watch?v=lQzzzqL8dOI

If she was.being chased and was the only one in the elevator the guy chasing her is coming down the stairs.

I beat DS1 and am about 2/3rds of the way through DS2, and I really don't find them very scary. At the most I had it was mild-to-moderate surprise when a jumpscare goes off. Keep in mind that I am a huge pussy when it comes to horror games. Alien Isolation is almost unplayable for me, even on the easiest settings because It gives me actual anxiety attacks.

That is horrifying.

Dead Space mostly uses body horror to build it's atmosphere. If you can handle that you're fine.

Siren was underrated desu

It's literal children, the "Creepypasta fandom".

what does it do? I'm on laptop right now and don't remember the link anyway

Yeah, the Necromorphs and especially the Markers are horrifying in concept. But I guess the horror is muted for me when I'm methodically dismantling every monster I come across with a plasma cutter.

>/wg/
wait, what

Yoshika-

apparently wallpaper autists are pretty smart

Jumpscares are the bottom of the barrel horro, closely followed by gore.

The shit that truly gets me is psychological shit, like in SOMA (spoilers), where the mere thought of your mind being trapped practically forever in an inanimate thing fully aware, but unable to do anything creeps me out. Thats fucking horrifying. Or shit like being awake but paralyzed during a several hour long surgery, felling every little cut. Or being declared comatose/braindead but kept alive for years/decades, yet you are still alive, aware but cant talk or let anyone know by any means. Or have time slow down around you hundredfold while you are burning alive or falling.

THOSE thing are stuffs of nigthmares. Worse, some of it actually hapened.

What webcomic are you guys talking about?

>dead space is really just a big metaphor for breaking down your problems into smaller issues and dealing with them in a more manageable fashion

Sorry kid, its only for 12+

>(spoilers)

user, you have to wake up.

[spoilers] Please wake up [/spoilers]

>Or being declared comatose/braindead but kept alive for years/decades
The dudes situation in Johnny Got His Gun was the most horrifying fucking situation I could imagine being in. I don't even like thinking about it

Have you guys ever heard of this movie called the grifter?

goddamn is it 2007 again

okay, i think i understand these
>turned lights on twice
>narrator already had tasted human
>the gap wasn't a gap; the case was against a wall
>he killed his room mate
>killer is coming down the stairs since the woman made the elevator
>Ghost Email
>Ghost GF? Corpse GF? Doll GF? Some kind of non-human GF, whatever
>Showergirl murdered her family, burgular saw what happened, and realized girl was murderer so he fled
>Man poisoned his family with wine, and killed another because she didn't drink?
>TV light didnt go out (a ghost!)
>counting floors to kill witness
>tv was off, so son was pointing at mother's reflection
>Brtish "second floor" = american 3rd floor; killer is on the same floor
>Woman killed herself via jumping into tracks
>Woman was going to kill her husband
>i have no fucking clue desu
>haven't found weapon, but the guy knows what the weapon is; he's either an accomplice or the perp
>wife died in april, wrote in may
>killed his family (mentioned them all lying/sitting)
>he didn't lock the door but the door was locked when he got home? does he live with a roommate? i'm lost
Can anyone please explain #20 and #16 for me

>I liked fear
>Posts nightmare house 2

>#16
you give a one month kid a boiled lolly, it's gonna choke to death. it did.
>#20
he forgot to lock the door before he left but when he got home the door had been locked

Whats that?

>close the window
this is why i'm glad i'm autistsic about locking/closing things

The most fucked up thing you could ever watch, good luck finding it though

>Fuck what that board has become.
I haven't been on /x/ in 6 years, and "how2summon succubus" was as relevant then as it is now. At this point it's been "what it's become" longer than it hasn't been.

>>i have no fucking clue desu
The kid used to give candy to a 1 year old baby, that's why he died of non (?) erotic asphyxiation
No 20 the guy entered his home and the guy that broke in is still in the house with a kitchen knife

Someone post the /fit/ /x/ crossover

>HOW DID MCDONALD'S END UP LIKE THIS?

I know this is a joke but I want to take this moment to say Outlast sucks balls.

the sharks are only a threat for a pretty short period of time

Well user, what are some games that have scared you?

no

>we

I'm on to you, spook.

youtube.com/watch?v=mDYNuD4CwlI

/x/ in a nutshell

Everyone there is either a fucking roleplaying retard, or just a plain retard.

What was the last good thing to come out of /x/? Was it those threads about a guy's friend and his computer with the spoopy red face?

read up on the dude that got deadly dose of radiation but have been kept alive for 57 fucking days while his flesh was litearally melting off his bones.

his last audiable words was crying for his mommy

And the radiation wasnt even his own fault.

>little things like the radio saying "LOOK BEHIND YOU"
That's not a little thing, that's pretty obvious. You want a little thing?

youtu.be/blD2TiavFJA?t=22m38s

Listen to the muffled echo of the radio.

>ooh, is it the Ainsley version?
>it is

The best jump scare was bioshock infinite, though it was an awful game

At least that guy got to die in a short period of time. I can't imagine being trapped in your head with zero sensory capabilities other than touch until you die naturally in 30+ years

Most terrified I've ever been during a videogame was the first few minutes of White Day, I didn't even get to any enemies or whatever lies further into it.

I'm still scared to play it solely because of how scary everyone says it is.

Gonna need a source or a name.

this place just seems like a tasty feeding grounds, there's so many suckers.

I got spooked

What does it say? I can't make anything out

Hashashi Ouchi

then who was mom?

The killer or whatever wad chasing her wad coming down the stairs since the woman had already gone down with the elevator. The narrator is going up the stairs which means hell eventually bump into whatever was after the woman.

I like this explanation more than a ghost just flying out the elevator for no reason

your mom...

>After killing his family, the father hung himself with a garden hose they had in the garage
>repeats
>After killing his family, the father hung himself with an umbilical cord they had in the garage

holy fuck, this is horrifying

can i just fuck off halfway through? owls are rad as fuck and if i ignore the tree then the spooky zombie man wont attack me

>heard you talking shit

that's one hell of an ouchie

*you're

1. She turns on all the lights in her room then goes to shower. She turns it on again for some reason when she gets out.
2. He tasted human meat before and was able to compare.
3. The row of books was up against a wall. How could anybody be on the other side?
4. It should be pretty obvious. His best friend died and, feeling nearly overwhelmed with grief, the narrator spoke to the teacher about it and gave him the grade for free as a sign of sympathy. He was probably a good student with a nice family as well.
5. There was something chasing her. Since there is only one elevator, whatever was chasing her was going down the stairs.

6. How did the video get sent?
7. A pair of underwear apparently
8. Narrator killed his family and was washing off the blood and the thief screamed when he saw the bodies
9. He's killing his wives
10. The TV with the face stayed on despite the entire building having no electricity at all
11. Murderer was counting the rooms to come and kill her
12. Either the son or the mother is going to die.
13. Naming conventions of places have it so the "first floor" is actually called the lobby, and the second floor is labelled 1st, etc. The murderer was on their floor.
14. The narrator is having massive feels about his late wife, who unfortunately died after acquiring too much skub.
15. The wife stabbed the robber as soon as the door opened. She attempted to kill her husband this way and the poor robber was an unfortunate victim.
16. Boiled Sweets are basically hard candies. The baby choked to death.
17. He was capable of describing the ice pick despite the murder weapon not being found.
18. The wife died in April but it was still written inside. The son was the one writing the journal entries, not the wife.
19. He killed his family.
20. Whoever ransacked the place is still inside.

that is retarded

>no.7 is a Cred Forumsirgin yelling at his mom for throwing his dirtt waifu body pillow in the closet

Even if the floors were labeled like how they are in America, if the police have the first floor blocked off and the robber is on the second floor then the only place for the murderer to go is up to the third floor where the man is sleeping.

>lgbt, fit and tv above average

I got banned from /x/ for getting dubs and angering someone who thought they kept wormholes from devouring Cred Forums for blasphemous memes and magic.

>Previously during the investigation

Hashashi Ouchi has a stunning ass. If you were to show this photograph to anyone on the street,they'd be stunned. Surely.

I don't know if you've ever read one, but it's essentially a parody of all those stupid Holder stories, which follow a similar format of

>directions to a mysterious location
>perform surreal tasks to not die

The image he posted illustrates how fucking stupid they were.

I visited the website for them and here is a serious example of one, picked at random.

theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_the_Afterlife

If you manage not to laugh at this bullshit I applaud you.

>who unfortunately died after acquiring too much skub.

All that for a shit tier reward

lol

Its England user, the sharia police couldnt care less about what happens to some american infidels

>this whole book as a kid

>Find: papes
>1 out of 27 matches
ehhh

kek

>"if you do x and then do y, then z will happen BUT DONT DO A OR B WILL HAPPEN TOO" creepypastas
literally the most retarded, babby's first creepypasta shit ever

woahh, the old man's teeth will come out and strangle me in silent horror!!! how scary!! get some storytelling ability for fucks sake.

what are those squares? those jap anime seals?

>Everyone but mlp and newfriends are smarter than Cred Forums
Poor kids, with that nigger tier IQ Im afraid they actually believe their shitposting

My favorite one of these parodies ended in, "If you did all this right, you will be instantly killed, and dragged to hell for an eternity of torment.

It was a demonic ritual. What did you expect?"

Didn't realize it was a gif, holy shit.

Is this scary?

Its satire you autist! Did you even read the end?

>not recognizing an obvious parody

wasn't there a puzzle like that in Shadowgate?

Dead by daylight. The matchmaking is the scariest part

Anyone know how this works?

Can't Cred Forums don't know this game. This and Alien 3 are by far the scariest game who ever existed.

>yfw the only way to see Aliens in a dark hallway is by shooting
>yfw your bullet are precious as fuck

>mfw playing FF2
>mfw there's a ghost who pop behind you

I literally couldn't play Alien 3, because the immersion is too real and manage to end FF2 by playing with someone.

Holy shit that kept getting funnier.

embedded pngs and gifs hasnt been a thing since people started using daily sink threads to distribute child porn

these things are worse than the newer scps

>Corpses everywhere
>Hey lets check out the kitchen to look for burgers.
The story is stupid. Sorry user

I still don't see it.
Am I autistic?

What? How can science refute supernatural phenomena? The scientific method is grounded in a belief that all phenomenon have a natural cause. That's how it's able to explain things. By it's own framework it cannot deal with the supernatural without first reducing it to the natural. In other words, if the supernatural, such as ghosts, actually exists, then the scientific method could only be used to explain material causes for their existence.

I don't get number 9

>There were dead corpses on the tables and lots a blood on the soda machines
WINDOWS
I
N
D
O
W
S

>I don't get number 9
Its mighty, the husband was drunk and he killed his wife

yeah but the recipient has to intentionally extract the embedded file and run it themself

Anyone remember the Spooky Truck project one user was working on some years ago?

I think i'm the only one left in the steam group...

nigga please, literally just read the first word at the start of each individual row, PLEASE

I know what it is, because I've fallen for it before and it fucked my shit up

I don't want to open it but I won't let myself leave until I do

This one pic haunted me more than anything else from the books as a kid

Why did you have to post this?

She just opens her eyes, user.
It's more motherly than anything else.

>Playing Amnesia with Benny Hill theme

This It's surprisingly cute, and I mean this seriously..

It's because your brain is lazy at interperating visual data that you're not focusing on. When recognizable things like faces get flashed rapidly in your peripheral vision your brain just gets lazy and makes up shit

How scary is the game OFF? So far I'm up to zone 4 and haven't found nothing too scary. maybe just the song when battling in zone 3 and those babies in purified areas. Does it get worse?

Holy shit wtf

Embrace her user. IShe wants to protect you!

The first time I saw it I was partway through confronting my fear when her fucking expression changed

It's the work of Satan

What's so spooky about it? It reminds me of the tree from Disney's Pocahontas.

I really wonder if there's a way to translate this cool shit to vidya.

>This is the game's intro. An emergency warning has been issued for your area. Do not leave your house. Do not answer the door.
>The droning beep of the emergency messages raises higher and higher in volume until it's almost deafening, and then the TV instantly shuts off.
>You start the game, standing in front of a blank TV screen. Only a tiny amount of light from the TV illuminates the darkness of your room around you. All of the curtains are drawn, and there's nothing but silence.
>There's no instructions or further setup. A player might not even move their character if you couldn't hear the muffled knocks on the front door downstairs.

>The wife died in April but it was still written inside. The son was the one writing the journal entries, not the wife.

Nah foo, the last entry was in May and she died in April

Silent Hill 1, 2, 3
Fatal Frame 1, 2
Outlast
Layers of Fear
White Day

I am sick of frauds like you believing you are cold logic when you are the furthest thing from cold logic imaginable.

it's not scary, just kinda creepy with stuff like mining meat from the ground and the occasional enemy screaming for help
you gone back to revisit any zones yet?

This game is PTSD simulator at its finest.
I got to the Medbay and completely stopped. The atmosphere is fucking uncanny and I always hide in lockers for hours. The fact that I'm limited on fuel for my flamethrower puts me on edge whenever I encounter the Alien.
Why is Alien Isolation so damn good? Why is it the most perfect Alien game?
Why does it still look good on toasters?

the only part of any dead space game i found scary was ds2 chapter 6 and the one where you go back on the ishimura

I love these, they're so fucking funny

Actually the smartest board is /jp/ which is the truest and most authentic board on the site. Also moot's favorite. Well it was before it became the garbage it is today.

>guaranteed walking simulator

no thnx

At the end of the first act you find a darkness gun to fight off the moonmen

>this image brrought to you by /lit/

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJzf5jqccw

>you've just reduced your city and everybody in it to nothing
>yfw this plays out of nowhere

Outlast is just Amnesia for retards with a cliché setting.

You dont "see" what your eye sees.
You "see" what your brains processes form the data the eyes give it.

Best example is your eyes blindspot. look it up how you can find it. Its pretty neat: basicaly for each eye there is a spot you cant see, which normally your brain fills in form the other eyes data, but if you cover the other one, it just falls back to making shit up based on the blind spots surroundings.

Also there are some blind ppl who can navigate an obstaclecourse no problem. They are blinded due to brain trauma in the place where the brain processes the eye-data proper; however said data is being "preporcessed" by an other portion of the brain and used for rudimentary collision avoidance BEFORE your brain can actually interpret it, and since this pre-preocessing is intact for these kinds of blind ppl, they can navigate to some extent. Some belive this is the reason for deja-vu: your teh pre-procesesed data is sent to teh memory before tha brain-processed one, where they "collide"

yeah some of the already purified zones have horrible music and some enemies which show up that look like babies which do a shit load of dmg and scream when they attack its really unsettling

that's what i said user
but the wife never wrote in it
the son was obsessed with her so he kept writing in her journal
none of these stories have ghosts in them

Those drums remind me of
youtu.be/GxC1kXm_AVs
Not horror, but grippy, at least for pokemon standards

I use to play tupac still ballin when I would play the second game.

Trippy* not grippy

lomando.com/main.html is legit unnerving to me once you make it past the initial jump scare parts of it and you start seeing the story forming

BLINDSIGHT was a fantastic book.

Basically this, it's really obvious what you see isn't raw data from your eyes.

A trick I used to try to do as a kid. I'd lay on the couch with the sun in my face, trying to get as much as possible on my nose.
I'd get my nose to drift into the far left of my vision even though I was looking to the left. This makes no sense for it to be based on eye data because my right eye is seeing it.

Corpse Party and Saya no Uta are pretty great horror games if you like gore

Jesus fuck man

FUCK

>making me manually strobe the spooky face myself
what is this shitty hand-cranked horror?

also, can't read nip cap'n

>gore
Right behind jump scares in the shitty horror competition

Those are some really awful screamers. I can't read moon either, but that site looks neat.

Pic related.

Not him but it's actually really spooky and the gore doesn't have much of anything to do with it.

Saya no Uta is good but not because of the gore.
It's what you aren't seeing which makes it good.

how do you play it and read it

youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E

This fucked me up as a kid playing late at night.

Too bad the fucking burgers were so triggered about having a videogame about their war crimes, the setting alone would have made a really nice survival horror game

That's cool as hell.
Reminds me of a site I found on /x/ years and years ago that was a literal fuckin maze of webpages (screenshot related), can't remember the name of it now though

legit shivers

Hey, anyone got the greentexts where
1) /fit/ user punches ghosts and generally shits on them to make them submit and scared of him
2) horny user rapes the ghost?

actually it's a complex as fuck metaphor for not getting sidetracked

the plot is propelled entirely by isaac needing to fix new shit to fix the previous shit

Strawman and Garfield is some of the cringiest shit. Like it should be used as an example when explaining what a strawman is to first year debate students

SCP: Containment Breach

I got to a piece of paper with eyeballs on it and now i can't do anything.

>I didn't even have time to eat the fries
errytime

>ronnie
>funny

hahaha "fat man is awkward and stupid!!" that punchline sure never gets old no matter how many times it gets regurgitated for every single ronnie comic ever! it's not being a one trick pony, its just having a niche! sort of like how owlturd doesnt know how to do anything but personifications of life being cruel!

Yume Nikki traumatized me, but not by being scary. It was too close to home. I felt terrible longing for things I'd never seen. It made me realize what a talentless hack of an artist I was.

It also made me understand Maya Angelou's bird poem.

phew... thank god we all know your opinion now

Hey, it's not his spee

it specifically says the handwriting is definitely the wifes

OH MY GOD JC, A BOMB

dobson understands how stuff works on any level at all.

why is he a yellow cat

When the clicking started and I couldnt stop it, I literally threw my headphones to the ground and fucking broke them. Worth it, though. Scared me more than anything else I've seen on the Internet yet.

i dont know how many times my brain explode

I dont think so

I only remember the instakilling items.
>find a book saying the master of the tower punished his disciples using a blue ring
>find blue ring in the tower
>wear it
>ded

A couple are taking a drive in the countryside, they pull over to the side and get into some intimate action. About half way through the car is struck by something, a truck that had veered off the road It sends the car hurtling down a ditch, and then speeds off. As the couple come to their senses they find that the man is trapped, pinned in the car by crushed metal. The woman wants to run for help, but her clothes are trapped alongside the man and all she can reach is one of his shoes. So she grabs the shoe, covers her crotch with it and starts running in the direction of the last gas station they passed.
After some time she finally arrives at the station, stark naked save for the shoe over her crotch, and runs inside. Frantically she asks the attendant for help, she says there's been an accident and her boyfriend is trapped, she asks him to help get him out, or call emergency services.

The attendant, shocked by this, looks her over. His eyes come to rest on the shoe held to her crotch. Noticing that it's a male shoe, he says "Sorry, love, but I don't think I'll be able to get him out."

>close the window
this didn't strike me as unusual because I often leave windows open at night.

it's too damn hot in this house

>Her boyfriend's ghost sent her the Email
I think that if was a link to a livestream.

it wouldn't mean anything without the section detailing the glass plane

>mfw the endless room puzzle

I threw my laptop across the living room

>tfw when no ghost lights to help with blackouts

I did this when playing Ao Oni.

I just go to /x/ to laugh at delusional people

they've shown pictures of faraway animals to tribes living in the jungle, and they laughed because they thought the picture was of miniature animals.
So maybe user has never looked at distant objects before.

> Horror thread
> Postal 1/redux never posted
THAT GAME WAS FUCKING MENTAL

I remember when /x/ had a jumpscare embedded into the main page for it's Halloween prank

What?

Mutated monsters, aliens, jump scares, whatever. This is the exact shit that gets me.
That's why I love/hate MGS2.

god dang they really are just cats with wings

scp 681

16. I'm guessing the boiled sweets he gave his 1 month old brother killed him.
20. He forgot to lock the door when he left. The door was locked when he came home so the person is still insode.

What was the pic

Aaaah, gotcha'.

Aww, snap!

Oh well, I can't wait to find out in 2 years!

N-NANI!?!!

>that ending
youtube.com/watch?v=XeeTBxQiuII
legit serial killer simulator

>ghost bf
Jesus christ guys, why is this an answer. It's obviously murder here. Guy forces her bf to commit suicide, films it, and sends it to the gf.

A lot of these stories aren't supernatural, and neither is this one.

it was that skull demon thing looking through the window
but what got people was the scream and the fact that it went off after roughly 5 minutes on the main page only
>most of /x/ browses the boards in complete silence so they could read stories at night
>now imagine the screen suddenly filling up and a loud screaming comping out of nowhere

but user i never said it was a ghost bf
i don't even believe the one with the journal was supernatural but instead just a crazy obsessed son

Other than Fran Bow, are there any good games with this surreal and fucked up urban fairy-tale quality to them?
Video related:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4PR9NZlAB4

I freaked out when I played this because I heard something breathing.
My brother was watching me play and he told me it was my character breathing. Then he laughed.
I still haven't beaten it, or even come close. How long do you have to wander through endless similar corridors avoiding electric gates?

If you cant find the door lomando.com/atelierdesu.html

someone do this with an abra please

Attention: An event of unknown origin has begun in your area. In order to ensure your safety you must perform the following actions. Any deviation will result in loss of life.

>Open all external and internal doors.
>Open all windows.
>Do not attempt by any means to bar entry.
>When they enter, do not move, look at or acknowledge their presence in any way.
>Do not react.
>Small children, otherwise impaired individuals, and pets you cannot keep from reacting should be abandoned.
>Repeat, do not react.

Leave your televisions or radios on to await the all clear. Good luck.

what the fuck was that sequence at 4:50 really in a pokemon game? It looked like some creepypasta romhack shit

>unknown origin
>knows the """""""""""""""""rules""""""""""""""""

scp containment breach is pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=DpmE5Wy7YMU

youtube.com/watch?v=HYXzA_UQpp0

WILL U LOVE ME 4EVER?
NO.
I WILL LOVE YOU.... 5 EVER!

lmao wut?

You're right, Cred Forums should be way lower.

I wish someone screencapped reactions, shit sounds horrifying

>mfw accidentally clicked on it and exited right before it loaded

TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.

holy fuck

this is the original reason the picture of araki was thought to be spooky