Is FFXIV worth playing? Is it too late for me to start diving in...

Is FFXIV worth playing? Is it too late for me to start diving in? I've never got into an MMO before and the only FF games I've played were I-VI.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oaJJ4FVy7sI
pastebin.com/iYdSau5R
pastebin.com/sUKy5yn3
strawpoll.me/11171226
pastebin.com/nxKkwXHD
ro.my.com/forum/thread/6242-the-library-links-to-guides
pastebin.com/wUyTFjCD
pastebin.com/euQfmM3q
fflogs.com/rankings/10#region=2&boss=29&class=Global&spec=Paladin
fflogs.com/rankings/10#region=2&boss=29&class=Global&spec=DarkKnight
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61152-Roegadyn-Naming-Conventions
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/l0lmy@55n3rd/
youtube.com/watch?v=U2e6EcPlytM
youtube.com/watch?v=BcGbSMPAnhw
youtu.be/Tn8a85HrCNU
youtu.be/hhAy6G8IJCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Theres about to be a new large content patch in like a day.

Do you have a lot of free time to sink into yet another fucking MMO? It's not the worst one out there, for sure.

So I play this game with my girlfriend right (she's a healer I'm a tank) and she's usually doing things like playing with my feet or touching my back while we do stuff so she doesn't have much time to 'deepees'. I can't tell you the number of times I've had fucking hairy sweaty nerdfucks try and tell my girlfriend how to play. I tell them she's doing her job and if they don't like it they can leave (she doesn't write too well otherwise she'd tell them off herself lol).

If that doesn't shut them up her favorite thing to do is link them her completed relic weapon. Then before we finish the dungeon I go all, “Later losers me and my gf are gonna go erp irl lol”. I could taste the asspain.

bump

no one cares

I'm a college freshman with no job, so yeah I'd say I have time. Thing is, I tried WoW once and only got to level 55 on a hunter. Jesus, that game was an absolute chore.

nice blog post

No, it's shit.

It's alright, nothing to special but I have sinked quite a few hours into it. I would try the free trial first though and if you like it wait till the 27th since there is a 24 hour downtime coming soon.

Yes, best 'wowclone' mmo I can recommend you now that wow is aging trash. But unlike other mmos this one makes you do about a hundred hours of the main quest if you want to get to the latest content, and Heavenward expansion is a must, but not until you reach level 50.

So I guess this is now a pasta, for whatever reason.

No, and here is why in as short a way as I can explain. Please listen.

>Recently the game director said they have no intention of changing the formula of the game.

>Content is so predictable I can tell you within reason what to expect for the remainder of the game's content life.

>Next expansion (New jobs, zones, story, level to 70 with new moves meant to make jobs LESS complex. (Closing the gap between people who can't learn their jobs and those who can.)
>3-4 months later.
>Main content patch: 4 raid floors with one "main boss" each and 30 item levels of pure vertical power creep.
>3-4 months later.
>One "catch up patch" where people who don't raid can catch up to the people who already earned their 30 item levels. This patch features the 24 man raid but the gear isn't even top level.
>3-4 months later.
>Repeat whole cycle 2 more times till next expansion, give or take a filler patch at the end.

I'm glossing over the filler content like primal boss fights which is just another round arena you challenge a 10-15 min boss in for a welfare weapon.

In order to get your welfare item level gear you grind the same tokens you do every week for your allowance the developers took the liberty of gating for you so you don't blow through the raid cycle meant to last you 6-8 months.

In other words fuck this soulless subscription farm.

Didn't get my AST healer up past lv 40 before patch hits because lol cross class skills but I'm okay with what I have

I'm most looking forward to MSQ then Sophia and Alexander normal for story
Savage and extreme can come later since I don't have a static anyway and I'm only ilvl230 plus there's probably gonna be a few months to the next update anywho

while you're pretty much spot on, if I -had- to pick a currently released mmo to play for a while FFXIV would easily be my first choice just because of how shit the competition is.

If you're not interested in FFXIV or a very niche mmo then i'd suggest to just not play any mmo's for now, not because FFXIV is good but because everything else is so much worse.

>hyped for trust magic and house system for poorfags
>instead we will get garrison/retainer 2.0 and another limited house system that is also available for jews to hoard with their alts
>plus the classic downgraded version of 2.0 updates (2 dungeon, 1 trial, a gimmick, qol updates)
No, it is a disappointing piece of shit that will never be fixed.
Mobage games are more interesting than this shit (SE-developed ones included).

The first half of HW's story was nice, and the new zones were an improvement. But I still like the way larger and more open WoW (and it was better even in vanilla).

That's not the real problem though. The real problem is just how fucking barren it is when you get to max level. For 4.0, there need to be 4 times as many dungeons, and at least a 24man, ready at fucking release. This game's dead otherwise.

That said, there isn't anything else on the market either...

Will they buff butts when they drop ps3 limitations?

>tfw i229
My aim is to hit 235 within a couple hours after the patch drops and start learning Sophia EX ASAP.

>quickly run my roulettes for Lore and use up the two mhachi farthings Ive saved to upgrade body pieces
>run the first two sections of Creator and hope I win an accessory
>Buy up i250 crafted accessories to fill in the gaps
Any improvements you guys can suggest? The last time I didnt start learning a fight immediately (Nidhogg, because it took me 3 days to hit i220) clearing it cost me 3 weeks by which point farming was impossible.
Pic related is my shitty gear, for reference; only the ring and headpiece are upgraded. Pls help.

No, they'll make up some excuse and blame the PS4.

Literally everything FF14 did well, Legion just stole and implemented into a game that doesn't feel like unresponsive garbage with literal 2.5 second GCDs.

The writing, despite protests otherwise, is also complete shit and features characters with names like Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn. It's entirely too drab, meandering, and up it's own ass to be of any real interest.

For a Racing Chocobo, is it better to start inbreeding right from the start, or only once you hit Pedigree 9?

>""""""""""large"""""""" content update
>2 dungeons and a fetch quest.

If it's anything like last patch, lore items will be half price, while lore will be off the weekly cap. Weeping City mhachi pennies will also be off a weekly cap, so you can farm to 240 if you waned to. You could also do alexander normal for 250 gear. So if you wanted to, you could be 240+ in one day after the patch goes out.

They both do different things well.

FFXIV has better combat and dungeons/raids.

WoW has better questing and PvP.

Outside of trying to hit a moving target a melee, there's not much that's unresponsive in XIV. Clunky is a better word to use.

Are you telling me the endgame PvE 4-player, 12-player(or whatever the size of their raids are) and PvP content is locked behind the mainquest?

Yes. Almost all group content is gated by the story.

Not only that but it's gated by ilvl, so there's only one dungeon you should be farming at any point in time.

almost every feature that you don't begin with is unlocked due to main quest at some point

Play lov instead

So are mounts. And item storage. And the player market.

>have to play through the game to get to the endgame
>wowwwww
Stick with WoW.

Is DRK good?

As someone that played FFXIV since launch but jumped ship for Legion, I completely miss the 2.5s GCD.

The 1.0 GCD is WoW is too damn fast, and there's honestly no way any human can play arms warrior optimally while also doing mechanics. 93 APM jesus fuck.

They're both great games with different strong points though, and I hope FFXIVs next expansion is better.

Minion RTS is boring, I want to practice Bird Eugenics.

It's a tank
It tanks well enough to do everything

Every class is good enough for all content barring, possibly, the latest savage difficulty content release and even then it's largely preference.

Okay, I guess the right question is, is it fun?

I like to think that copypastas are really a punishment for people on the internet, ordained by God, specially saved for someone who committed the grave sin of saying stupid shit

I thought WoW's combat was less interesting.

The GCD is shorter but there are considerably less OGCD skills and most rotations are literally 3 or 4 buttons.

Post yfw new iLvl250 crafted gear requires:

>Battlecraft Materia IV
>Grade 3 dissolvants
>Rare folklore fish

if you like tanking then yea.

Personally I don't find any of the tanking classes fun.

thx op i cum on c@boy he hiss at penis

Do the PLD Sword Oath and AA buffs make it do more dps than DRK?

It's flashy, has good soundtrack, combat is ok-ish and has a lot of silly FF stuff. I would say it's worth 1 playthrough

youtu.be/oaJJ4FVy7sI

It is the only job I enjoy in the game, other than Botanist.
MP management, Dark Arts' effects and Plunge are fun stuff.

Counter pasta.

Revelation Online when it's out. It had its own general, but it was made too early. It'll be a bit before it's made again.

This was the OP. It has a lot of good information.

>Features
pastebin.com/iYdSau5R

>Classes
pastebin.com/sUKy5yn3

>Class poll!
strawpoll.me/11171226

>Can I play now?
You can if you download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. The first English CB doesn't start until some time in October.

>How do I play the Chinese version?
pastebin.com/nxKkwXHD

CN guild: Cake
Drop your name in the thread if you need an invite, or go to the guild NPC and search for "Cake" in the second tab to send an application.

>Guides
ro.my.com/forum/thread/6242-the-library-links-to-guides

>Character presets for the incompetent
pastebin.com/wUyTFjCD

>Is this game going to be P2W?
pastebin.com/euQfmM3q

lol no

>Recipes start needing T5 Elemental materia as a craft mat

Really depends on the class, one thing blizzard is reasonably cool about is having classes that are very easy to play and classes that are much more work.

This isn't about playing the content, it's about being forced into a specific content. Say you mainly enjoy PvP or Raids, why the fuck would I give a shit about some sub-par ONNICHAN AM I KAWAI story?

no OCE server no deal

How so, it was already on the heels of DRK as OT as it is, the main issue actually is just how little DPS difference there is between PLD and DRK for the effort they have put in, with PLD having extremely little to do.

>So if you wanted to, you could be 240+ in one day after the patch goes out.
I was hoping for "≥235 within 90 minutes to 3 hours after the patch goes out". Wiping city takes too long, which throttles the rate at which my iLv can increase even if they are reducing the tome cost of lore gear.

I have enough farthings/pennies to upgrade two pieces of gear; if I replace my belt and one accessory with upgraded lore that'll take me instantly to 232. I think the problem will be getting the remaining 3 iLvs. I might need to buy a crafted 250 weapon (pushing me to 234.6, pity iLv calculation rounds non-integers down) and one piece of armor. Bleeding edge crafts are going to cost a shitload though.

Thanks. This is helping to organise my thoughts.

You wouldn't, which is why you should play a game that's more like what you want. Final Fantasy is story focused and always will be.

Wow user you are totally right, I'm subbing back to WoW, brb!!! >.

That's why you macro in WoW.
That way you have to use max 1-3 buttons and just need to mash them.

It's a story driven RPG like most other jRPGs.
In most jRPGs you'll rarely be able to take on the superbosses if you haven't finished the story yet.

>Chinese

Just how many bots will there be? Will there be any actual human players?

If you mainly enjoy pvp you wouldn't be playing this game.

WoW fast gcd means nothing, since you either wait for resources to regenerate during normal rotation (basically doing nothing) on most classes or just spamming filler/resource generator.

The dungeons, npcs, raid, etc etc has some heavy lore behind them, everything you do has a lore reason to exist. Sometimes it's silly and some others is important, it's an MMO not a multiplayer game that you pickup and start shooting things, you are supposed to want to be learning shit from the world, and as a personal opinion, FFXIV does a very good job at world building and makes it really easy to care, with a few exceptions of course

mmm... now I want to see an APM chart for FFXIV.

fflogs.com/rankings/10#region=2&boss=29&class=Global&spec=Paladin

fflogs.com/rankings/10#region=2&boss=29&class=Global&spec=DarkKnight

Roughly 200 dps below DRK, I dunno' if the PLD 3.4 buffs will make up that gap?

It's a little unfair some classes in FFXIV does way more AoE damage and still is on par with the other classes in single target damage also. Feels like I'm a bit forced to play a class with good AoE unless I want to make my roulette runs 10+min longer.

DO COIL BEFORE THE PATCH
YOU CAN DO IT
THERE'S STILL TIME
DO IT FOR ALISAE

They are roughly equal across the board on Midas.

No an extra 25 potency every autoattack won't make up an extra 200dps. 75, maybe.

Nah 250 is gonna be entry level like 220 was

we use that shit for about a day or two and replace them with the sophia weapon

Fuck off, raid elitist.

What class are you describing?

It's not justt he potency, apparently weapon delay is a factor for PLDs again? So less delays means more 75 potency SwO AA?

Remember BnS? Remember Black Desert?
It's gonna be shit just like every mmo that gets hyped around here.

The only class that's really stunted on AoE damage is NIN and it does okay.

I'M NOT AN ELITIST, YOU CAN CLEAR THEM UNSYNCED
DO IT FOR HER

>chinese-made MMO
Good job finding something worse than XIV.

The caster have insane AoE DPS compared to most of the other classes and they still also do fine on single target.

>roulette runs
who gives a fuck, the aoe is good enough for every class except pld

Bahamut is so braindead easy I'm not sure you can die in that fight without doing it on purpose now

PLD is hands down the worst, it's a joke.

Do you mean unsynced? Well, duh. But you won't get the achievement.

>+30 arms, +14 armor in PotD

DPS, I should have clarified.

Yes you do.

Yes you do. I took people through it unsynced just yesterday.

more of this semen demon (male)

IMO all classes should have good aoe.

>mained summoner in 2.0
>tfw every single skill we got in heavensward is fucking amazing and pushed our aoe into god tier

>every class should be exactly as good at everything as every other class
Do you know what the point of having classes is?

MNK does amazing AoE. Their only limiting factor is TP
DRG has a ton of Burst AoE but they bottom out faster than MNKs
NIN has good sustained AoE now that they buffed Katon and Doton.

BLM is still using their 50 AoE rotation and now Flare has damage falloff. The nice thing about it is that it doesn't have a resource.

SMN is the current king of AoE with uncapped Bane, Painflare, Contagion DoTs and Deathflare which doesn't have damage falloff, but their single target damage isn't spectacular.

I thought you didn't get rewards if you did it unsynced...? I'm confused.

SeeThere are no achievements that are limited by level sync. Unless you mean an actual sense of achievement

So Esoterics are being removed from duties tonight. I've never been around for a tomestone phasing out, how does it work? I can trade it for Lore I think, will it be 1:1? Should I just spend them?

>at +28 on both
>only one upgrade from chest
>+30 +29
>have to run all 50 floors again to get the final upgrade from the last boss
Fuck this place

I've been helping people through coil the past 2 days.
Makes me wish I had a tank leveled so I could spam Need on some of that sweet Allagan/Dreadwyrm Fending gear.

Of couse the fucking HA healer chest/pants didn't drop at any point though.

When you do unsynced contents, monsters do not drop gil or items. Most items in raids drop from chests, not monsters

You trade them for lore at Mor Dhona at a 4:1 ratio.

You still get the achievement and rewards. But if you do it synced, he drops 5 of the Answers orchestrion rolls which he doesn't do in unsynced.

The exchange is like 1:4

Alexander: The Creator is coming out.
Also getting more Main Scenario Quests
Another Warring Triad trial
More Scholasticate quests
Hildibrand
New Grand Company ranks and quests
The new GC squadron feature
Apartments
New crafting stuff
and of course the two new dungeons

You can trade it for lore at a 4:1 ratio if its like all the past tomestones. It might be better to spend them if you want anything bought with esoterics, but otherwise no

Do you only need to do coil 1-5 to get the achievement that makes Alisae a cutie for you?

Having options for playstyle/theme?

I thought Fester spam along with consistently Rousing/Spuring Garuda Egi, extending DoTs with her and spamming Ruin 3 would put SMN in a pretty good spot for single target.

Yes, varyingl evels of AOE but imo having AOE is a requirement for me to even be considered, there's absolutely no reason why PLD shouldn't have an AOE rotation for example

Classes exist because they're supposed to be good at different things. Of course, underage faggots who think everything needs to be exactly as viable as everything else in every situation so they don't get their feelings hurt wouldn't understand that.

SMN does good single target damage. Their problem is adds and burst. Killing adds as a SMN is the worst thing in the world.

BLMs crushes SMN in single and I don't know if they can compete with MNKs and DRGs.

The nice thing about SMN DPS is that half of it is automated so they don't suffer from having to do mechanics that break line of sight on the boss.

this game is pretty comfy, and you can go to vg to jack off to everyone's waifus

paladin's aoe rotation is becoming invulnerable and letting the healer spam aoe more

I got a +1 going from 29-30 from floors 21-30 so you might get it before that.

i started a month ago, got to 50 and finished the first part of MQ

i enjoy the gameplay and the dungeons, my only concern is how autistic is the gear grind just to start raiding

Fire IV can crit for more than a Deathflare, several times in a row.

>Not having a pure waifu ingame you jack off to in secret.

>better combat and dungeons/raids.
I don't understand this. Why is it better?
Only reason I see its "better" is due to the flashy animations. Is XIV actually had better servers, and not abominations with .3s tickratio I might consider going back to play it, because it can seriously screw up my rotations, specially as SMN.

Stop this meme, a WAR/DRK do not hamper a healer DPS in any way...

Guess I should have mentioned that's how it happened. That final run I didn't get an upgrade at all and had to get the last one from the final boss. I just wanted to be done with that place but of course RNG decided to make me do another full run.

It's not that bad, unless of course you want to go full elitist mode and start raiding savage content for world firsts and stuff, then that's when it becomes autistic as fuck

Sounds like you already made a decision

I've played 5 diffenr jMMORPGs and only XIV does this.

4.0 wish list

>dancer and samurai dps classes
>streamlined abilities
>SMN/SCH can glamour pets with minions

>MNK does amazing AoE. Their only limiting factor is TP
It does? I main MNK and I don't really know how it compares to everything. It has Rockbreaker but you can only use that once every three moves unless you use PB, then Elixir and HF on oGCD. Doesn't really seem that great, since I'm leveling NIN now and Doton + Katon + DB spam seems way better for mobs since you can use DB on CD and mudras come back faster than MNK's oGCDs, though I have not done any number crunching. I never used AotD, should I?

>the first time you used the nude patch on your character

HNNNNG God I want that roll.

So we're going with the D&D approach where there's classes that are objectively good at everything that matters, and ones that you may as well throw in the garbage?

>Screw my rotations
Then you are doing it wrong, I main SMN and it's really fucking easy to play, son don't blame the servers

>Not taking a pure girl and making her into your erp cum dump w/ no drama
Hit the jackpot boys, even meeting up with her soon.

Is anyone here married to someone in game?

warrior and scholar say hello

Can't wait for all of those male roe dancers healing in skimpy clothes

I DID IT
T9 TOOK 25 MINUTES BECAUSE HALF OF US WERE NEW BUT FUCK IT, IT'S DONE.
WHY WAS SO MUCH ALISAE DEVELOPMENT PUT INTO OPTIONAL CONTENT?

If you are on Cactuar, I thank you profusely.

Cool good to know this is one of those kinds of games.

What we will actually get:
>DNC healer, SAM tank
>still no summon glamour because PS3 limitations
>full PS3 support

>and using a trainer to alter your size

I want Dancer too.
as a tank

That's not what I think, I think some classes should be top at AoE andm aybe not as good at aoe, but all classes should have an actual AOE rotation

You have no idea how shit MMOs can be. Try looking at Tree of Savior, Black Desert Online, or any korean MMO where the jank is off the charts. Where shit is unsolved for months, classes wildly unbalanced for months, glitches and bugs, suddenly turning P2W when the playerbase starts to drop.

Most complaints about FFXIV are that it's formula is currently rehashed. That's like the most w/e criticism. Once MMOs get their audience, there's no reason to risk changing the formula. There is no MMO that redesigns the wheel every 7 months and there's no reason FFXIV has to do it for an inbetween expansions patch. But that's ignoring the plethora of side content that they continue to shove into the game, modular shit like PotD/diadem/wondrous tails that only need a tweak to the rewards to be relevant in any tier.

Honestly, if the 4 man dungeons in this game had challenges ala mythic+, ffxiv would be in an incredibly solid place.

>Dancer is a Melee healer that heals while doing DPS.
>Uses whips and has slutty outfits.
>Dance attacks to buff players.
Yoshi please!

>See GM in-game hanging in Idylshire
>Tell them to come with me to see something
>Show them 5 bots, all in the same FC, that have been gathering non-stop for the past 5 months
>It's so plainly obvious they're botting, please ban them
>Try to log on today
>'Your account has been suspended for 72 hours. Reason: Harassment'

Sounds like an MMO and vastly better then the current state of WoW.

>Shit DPS and shit healing, even shit utility
>Sex appeal so great nobody cares

Gotta keep those bots safe till their payment cycles to keep that subscriber count artificially inflated.

>Sex appeal so great nobody cares
Just how I want it.

>WoW
>4 button rotations
>DUUUUUDE 2.5 GCD IS SOOO BORING
>Have like a 12 button rotation

Kill yourself.

that would be hell to balance considering a lot of bosses are immune to damage while doing whatever super attack they have

>pubes

>Doing coil unsynced
>Helping shitters through coil unsynced

You disgust me.

I ran T13 synced with new people yesterday. THAT's how you teach people not to be shitters while having fun doing it.

Unsynced is only acceptable for T9 because fuck spending a week teaching people that one.

Oh look its the same faggot apologist who continuously defends the long retarded main story quest.

>When you do it it's gross, when I do it it's fine because THAT is a waste of time

haha what a fucking loser

>Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn
Yeah, what's with this disgusting Euro-centric Germanic name? They should have called her something like Aaliyah Strongbreast.

just did T9 unsyched. the only advice they gave me was to run into the wall the instant we started

some turns have been neutered so even if you do them synched it won't be the same

they will never experience release turn 7 in sub ilvl110 gear, not that they would want to

hey look, the same faggot who defends the game where you can pay to skip leveling entirely

>Have like a 12 button rotation
Most classes twice that in their openers. Throw in an extra 5-10 CC moves on top of that and you'll have an FFXIV class.
Even if FFXIV classes had a 12 button rotation it would still put WoWs 2-4 button rotations to shame.

I don't do it retard, I've never done any piece of content unsynced except to make it harder(soloing old primals).

I only said it's acceptable.

BIDAILY
FFXIV
SHILL THREAD

LITERALLY THE SAME IMAGE BY THE SAME FUCKING SHILLS
>I just got this
>Should I get this?
>My friend let me play his account..

ALWAYS THE SAME BULLSHIT STORY. Always the same fucking shill to make it look like he's not a /vg/ shitter.

It's never too late to get into XIV because of how it's designed. The older open map areas will have a lot less people in them compared to when it was first released, but all important stuff still has people doing them. So no matter what, you can't be left behind.

>finally get new GC ranks after waiting YEARS since 1.0
>gear awarded from new rank more than likely just glamour shit
Why.

>Aaliyah Strongbreast
She's a sea wolf, that name is more along the lines of hellsguard naming conventions but still not quite.
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61152-Roegadyn-Naming-Conventions

Savage still exists for that though. But the point isn't to pretend to do progression as if it was patch 2.2. The point is to actually experience the mechanics and the fight, even if it's neutered and full of echo.

People who want to do things unsynced have no integrity.

calm down WoW shiller

user, I was being facetious.

>Same 'SHILL' posters every thread

I doubt they will have good stats. But even still, I like how they look.

>Dude
>lol dude what if
>lmao what if we added MORE longcoats to the game?

>supporting Square Enix, a company responsible for cinematic garbage in games
>not supporting bro-tier based Blizzard, one of Cred Forums's top 3 favorite companies instead

did you prefer gear that will be outdated in a month and then becomes glamour shit?

Hope the spats on the Mael outfit are cut lower than the event ones.

When I see it on the front page every night with the same fucking image, I am allowed to shitpost once with my complaint, you incompetent fuckboi.

My mistake. Still, interesting read I think. Went through and read the naming conventions for all of them a while back and thought it was neat they went into that much detail with them.

Do you think it might be the same image because it's the logo and instantly recognizable?

please upgrade your bait

The lore and world building is one of the things that keeps me playing even though I hate how fucking shallow the character building and equipment systems are.

bait? or you deserved it.

for playing a shit game.

I dont give a shit about WoW sorry shill.

>it's a pld tank with parry and elemental res materia pulling 2 enemies at a time episode

>would prefer gear that would have some useful for a little bit then become glamour or just straight up glamour
The former? What kind of question is this?

>It's a WAR who pulls 1 group at a time and numbers them

>semantics
Fuck off, its literally structure the same. Go look at previous OPs, just like my post said.

Here's your last (You)

>WAAAH MOMMY THE WESTABOO SJW BLIZZARD KEKS SAID MY GAME IS SHIT ;_; PUT PAPA MILO ON THE PHONE FOR ME

Then quit shilling it faggot

As a SMN you really do come to hate tanks that pull slowly.

>'Gee I don't like these recurring threads what should I do?'
>'Ignore them? Hah, yeah right!'
>'Filter them? Nah, too easy.'
>'Bump them by responding about how it's a buncha shills? BINGO!'

Being useful for a week limits its glamour potential since it would have to be geared towards specific classes for level cap, rather than just being all classes level 1.

Literally were in my previous post before that one do you see me mentioning WoW you faggot ?

>i like (You)s

Just now faglord, quit shilling

Alright fine take you're last (You)

Thank you

Is the game gonna be down all day tomorrow?

Yep and because of apartments there isn't a chance of it coming up early. However if things go bad, the maintenance could be extended for a few more hours.

Yep

>Weeping City
>Aethertrail ticking down, didn't have time to use DWT on previous group of enemies
>Get to boss
>3..2..1..
>Activate DWT
>Tanks idle like a retard
>Ready Check, bunch of people "not ready"
>Nothing is happening
>3..2..1..
>Fuck this shit *sluuuurp* *BOOOOOOM*
>DUUUUN DUN DUN DUUUUN

One does not simply waste a deathflare, or a boosted tri-disaster.

This happens far too often. I haven't been kicked yet though.

>been stockpiling Grade 2 dissolvents in preparation for the patch

A shame I have no idea what else I'm gonna need for the new crafted shit. I have all day off Tuesday to get going on it tho.

Already confirmed dissolvants aren't used for the new crafts.

What foods should I be making to sell for the patch? What's the popular raid food atm?

Gonna need source on that one

>they will never experience release turn 7 in sub ilvl110 gear, not that they would want to

>tfw I pugged T7 with shitters so much I could eventually soloheal it
>finally cleared after something like 200 hours either waiting in the party finder or actively wiping to melusine; and holy shit the HA healer chest dropped! It looks so cool, only a few people I've seen idling in Mor Dhona/North Shroud have one, and it's BiS for WHM too! Finally all my patience and effort has been rewarded!
>the SCH that wiped the party half a dozen times from inattention rolls need 87 and loots it for glamour, lol
I had to buy a new monitor.

They changed the Maelstrom's one. It's a regular coat now.

Do you have to clear all 9 turns in coil to unlock Alisaie's extra dialogues?

No, you have to clear all 13. Throw up a pf and do it unsyncd, you might get lucky and get it done within 2 hours for all 13.

She doesn't become your friend until you kill Big Daddy Bahamut.

You need to clear T13, just make a party and clear it unsynced in 30 mins, if you are in Excal there is one starting from T1 ij PF

Here's one of the new items. They usually put the stuff up early.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/l0lmy@55n3rd/

The EU servers are still up for 9h, so I will probably make it. Thanks!

Some mechanics you cannot skip. And some are actually harder if you do it full 8 60. Turn 9, turn 13 and I think 12 all have mechanics you NEED to stop dps'ing and do the mechanics. Just be careful, try to do it with people who know.

If all else fails, don't do 3.4 story until you get it down. If you care that much.

>The page you are searching for has either been removed, or the designated URL address is incorrect.

Got a cached screenshot?

holy fuck these last floors of potd were awful
no healer, tank got pox and there were multiple FUCK YOU stacks of mobs in intersections
barely cleared edda and only had 5 minutes to spare

Look at the URL again, user's being an ass.

The more you know.
youtube.com/watch?v=U2e6EcPlytM

>elemental grade IV materia is selling for three times as much as grade V on my server

They are used for the 240 anima part, that's why.

You can trade them in for crystal sand.

So what will you do all day while the servers are down?

So should I go for the SCH relic for raiding?
I can put ACC and crit on it right?

Go to work, hang out with my kids, fuck my wife. Just like I do every patch.

Bioshock 2 remastered (not as poor as the first game remastered)

Finish Dragon Quest 3

Probably catching up on some games I've been neglecting.

Shitpost on Cred Forums as usual.

Are you the sch that ragequit for 18 months after that?

I don't really have anything to play so I'll probably come back for the path. I haven't tanked in a little bit though so I'm going to hate coming back to that.

DO mods for FF14 even exist? I've been looking for mods that let me customize my character's body (why oh why do the FF14 women have no curves whatsoever? Yoshida is a freakin hips/thigh/butt GOD, why does that not translate into the game?!), but so far I've found nothing. From what I gather the game is apparently difficult to mod, yet there is a nude mod floating around. Any info on this subject would be much appreciated.

In b4 ps3 limitations pls look forward to it

Fuck off and download some porn you horny fucking loser.

You have any idea what it took to make endgame gear in FFXI?

Let me guess 3 weeks of some bullshit?

Try camping an HNM for a pop. He drops the high holy mcguffin you need to complete your +1 chest of Godliness. Also, 18 other people in a raid. Two other competitive Linkshell there.

>boss pops
>sac thief grabs him first.

Better luck next month.

This isn't a Bethesda game.

And people wonder why FFXI servers are dead now, it's because of dumb game design decisions like this.

Yeah, sounds awful.

It was a different time underage.

Also there was PLENTY OF HORIZONTAL CONTENT.

I'm mad because you're an ignorant shit spewing underage baby who makes broad generalizations without knowing why FFXI got popular.

If it wasn't for XI, your shit XIV ARR would have never come to light.

FFXI got popular because it capitalized on the Final Fantasy name and it was basically Everquest dumbed down for PS2.

Back in in the early 2000's this game was great. However...

>grind was awful
>huge exp between engame levels
>bosses were brutal and took forever to get to.
>sky sucked
>sea sucked

They tried to make it easier and more new-player friendly to try and capture some of WoW's luster.

>Abyssea

Ruined the game and polarized the crowd.

>lemme tell u youngins how shitty my mmo was!
>underage!
>u don't understand why how shitty i told it was was not shitty because i'm old

Sounds like another veteran speaks.

I played it extensively on PS2. I still have the hdd installed on it.

>Nocturnal Sect
>2.5k shields with Aspected Helios
>Celestial Opposition
>20s Hallowed Ground
>This is somehow not colossally broken

Why is YoshiP such a colossal fucking idiot?

Nice memetext. Go read up on XI the next time you shitpost, son.

You had to be a NEET to play pre abyssea FFXI endgame

The grind was what turned most people away so they flocked to WoW.

FFXi got popular because of the name tied to it. I actually played the dumb game when it first came out and 'horizontal progression' is not worth it at all when it takes literal months of gameplay to potentially get something useful.

People who actually played the game were in some kind of zombie mode, killing the same mobs for hours on end to grind exp, bitching and whining with the distances you had to travel and pray to God you don't die and hold everybody else up.

And yet somehow, all these people who -no longer play the game- revere it as some God of MMOs. Nigga it wasn't even a good MMO back when it first released.

You didn't mention Balance being basically a 20s Trick Attack now.

This alone besically fucks up fflogs for me, may as well call it AST logs now.

People are reading into that Celestial Opposition thing too much. Its clearly a typo. The rest of the buffs only make it replace WHM, not SCH.

I'm a WHM, but yes after that incident I ragequit until HW.

No, I wasn't. To be honest, I had a stressful fulltime career, a girlfriend, a sidepiece and still had time to play a lot.

I was in Chaos Theory on the Kajuta server. Played a PLD tank named Madcow.

>2,5k shields with Aspected Helios on current gear
>SCH can spread adloquim for 3k when not Crit

Memes

There's a nude mod which isn't even all that good, size changing mod, and SweetFX filters.
That's all there is and probably ever will be. Go play Skyrim if you want waifu mods.

MCH ammo change took 14 months to implement, this is some quality dev team.

FFXIV is a magical MMO. I'm so excited for 3.4.

Difference is that the AST one is spammable.

Man I had the same experience but for the BLM chest of T8, fuck pugging that turn and fuck fighting that rare as fuck chest drop with other 3 shitters, I spent months farming that, saw it 3 times and I never got it, shit was heartbreaking

AST are the best and nicest healers around.
WHM and SCH are arrogant and impatient.

Are AST the best sluthealers?

No WHM even gets official class slutgear.

yes that alone makes a huge difference.

Have you raided as SCH before? or are you one of those idiots that start raiding when you're overgeared for the turn and all you do is DPS 100% of the time as a SCH.

I can understand their reasoning.

They wanted to differentiate it from Aetherflow because Ammo also works on Hot and Lead shot, where Aetherflow only works on its related skills. If Ammo only worked for split, slug and clean shots, yeah, I it should totally work like Aetherflow and let you hold it. As it stands you'll start a fight with 3 effective ammo loaded because you'll have to use Hot and Lead shot at least once. But I'm not a MCH main so someone feel free to correct me and call me an idiot.

Ast are whiny shitters that never dps.

AST are subhumans.

I am not even joking. Its cancerous playerbase is the reason for its garbage design.

don't fall for these AST lies. They will do anything to get into a party because people want a WHM and SCH.

>this is WHM AF1

Shit design is shit design, faggot. I know all about grindy ass bullshit, believe me. But any drop system that doesn't give people a fair shake despite putting in the necessary time is horseshit no matter how thick your nostalgia goggle are.

No and it had amazing depth, compared to XIV it's like a kiddie pool versus the Olympic pool of XI.

Whatever, I'm talking to people who played it after 2008 and also maybe born after 1998.

>Did expert dungeon as AST
>Giving balance to myself or the tank
>DPS tells me it's better to give balance to the DPS
>Respond, "I'm giving it to the ones doing the most DPS."

I'm not just talking about HNMS you tunnelvisioned shitposter.

>imply AST does the DEEPS

wasting balance on yourself shitter

Im not sure what youre trying to say. The reason that AST wont replace SCH and maybe not WHM is because they still dont have the healing output to mitigate early undergeared progressive raids. The shield buff is nice for farm as always, but its not enough for big hits like SCH has.

She's still there, afking at the Aetheryte.

Don't forget to pet her!

I played XI at NA release, WHM on Titan server, I quit cuz CoP was shit and unfinished on release, literally. that "memetext" is how you sound by the way, fagface, so eat shit.

No one "turned away" from FFXI, it was a niche piece of shit and WoW was a monster cock phenomena.

>Play SMN
>AST gives me Arrow

Not subbed and i forget what server she's on but i'm not on it anyway.

>Not getting in those sweet Ruin IIIs

user, I've played a lot more MMOs than you. Trust me, if not for the name, FFXI would have been ignored by everyone. But thankfully the Japanese are so nationalistic they'll swallow shit as long as it's Japanese.

There's also the effect of it being kiddy's first MMO. Mine was Asheron's Call. Much better than FFXI. Lore up the ass, puzzles, gambling, giant open world, ability to play solo or in a group... but do I think it's an amazing MMO? Fuck no. I'm not blinded by nostalgia and bitter that all new stuff is shit.

Grow the fuck up, manchild.

>calling out a bad aspect of XI's design is shitposting now

Sure thing buddy

Were you at least parsing?

I actually wish they'd give me Ewers instead. Their arrows usually don't line up with my trances.

Need egi glamours

BRING BACK CARBUNCLE

Of course. Shitter 'lol mnk has no aoe' was doing 850 and fucking bard was right behind him at 800.

>been waiting for Make it Rain fate for my atma for about an hour now

HOW FUCKING LONG DOES THIS SHIT TAKE TO POP

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

God I fucking hated every step of the old relic except the first two parts. Book step was a the worst exactly because of that shit.

get a job stop wasting your life on mmos

you will thank me later

>healing output
>not enough for big hits

Are you MENTALLY retarded? They doubled the potency of their aspected benefic shield and its nearly double of adloquims, and its fucking instant cast on top of that.

Aspected Helios is basically a spammable Deployment tactics.

They get Cure 2 and Medica without having to use a 30s cooldown.

The only thing they lack is an instant heal which frankly isn't a big deal and can be bandaid with lightspeed.

You can't just say "oh critlo" that shit is nice but its still rng, thats like saying balance cards are good and very dependable.

She's playing on Odin.

Man I never did this in a 24 man but in dungeons it use to annoy the fuck out of me when the tank idles quietly at the boss thinking the healer will read his mind and stoneskin him.

YOU DONT NEED STONESKIN... AKH MORN!!

If you have someone blacklisted and they PM you do they get any indication of it?

Nope. Also, if you became friends with someone and you delete them from your list, YOU still remain on THEIR list.

Yes, this chat system is he most retarded in the MMO world.

>mfw floor 49 PotD wipe because some shithead opens mimic while we're fighting

>People try to tell you Pom of Alteration is worth it because you get mandras 1/4 times.

Still doing that pathetic grindfest?

250k active players

250,000 active players

twenty five hundred thousand active players

less than 75k (75,000) active players in NA

reminder than a single WoW realm has more active players than ffxiv has players total

Before the last 10 floors when you can still stun them, it's fine.

Why is this important to some people? Do you only watch movies that make over 250m at the box office?

>Gordias will be challenging content they said
>Ends up being the harshest DPS checks in the game

>Midas will be between second & final coil difficulty they said
>Ends up having the most healer/mechanics checks in the game

>Creator will be easier than Midas they said
>???

My money is on it being harder than Midas but easier than Gordias. Going to be a bunch more healer checks and VIT meldin' going on.

>PSO drop system
It was so fucking awfully tedious.
Like holyshit, you wanted the Sealed J-Sword?
Enjoy your 1/12604 chance of loot.

Dropping anything rare on this game was awful.
But when you got them?
Holy fuck you were happy, you were a fucking star in the community, you were dabes.

that doesnt even make sense

you can watch movies by yourself

you cant play this game by yourself

Yoshi said something along the lines of being able to clear most of Creator with i240 gear and that the world's first will come fast.

Why do catsluts always have the idle pose where they show their armpits?

what does one gain by pointing this out?

>2.5gcd
>shallow raid content that most players don't even do
>hardly any side content
>subpar graphics
>instanced everything
>shitty combat
>entirely linear

what is redeemable about this game?

>you cant play this game by yourself

Hahahahaha

Midas was really healer hell...
>Tfw I couldn't get past A7S

250k (250,000) active players

l
m
a
o

"ffxiv is the saviour of mmos"
"this game will overtake WoW"
"this game will have more subs than WoW"

everything is still determined by players

So theres no way AST is gonna stay this grossly overtuned forever right?

I mean what has me worried is that they've never nerfed something that they've buffed before, but they actively admitted that they were overbuffing AST for ??? reasons. I mean I can't understand why you would overbuff something ever.

I really wonder even though you seem to hate this game very much so, you always feel the need to come in a thread and shitpost on it.
Why's that?

Isn't active players explicitly calculated by number of players caught up to the 100 hour storyline where the finale doesn't even unlock anything?

I only bothered to finish it this week after fighting Nidhogg. I'm on the literal deadest server of the game and it's still active.

Outside of cat RNG making triple-ball phase a pain in the ass, A7S is 90% a healer check.

A8S just stomps you in comparison for any tiny mistake.

Fuck, I was too busy with work this weekend. Think I can still get a pf up for coils on tuesday?

2.5 is a meme when it comes to high level stuff

side content is something you can't fault FFXIV on (Saucer, Vermilion, Races, housing, crafting)

Maybe they've all played too much Touhou.

what is the point of shitposting about a game you do not even play? I do not understand

>crafting
irrelevant, literally can completely never do it and not miss out on anything

>housing
also irrelevant, can't do anything with them, my guild owned literally one of the best houses on the server, and it was almost always empty because there was no reason to be there

i dont know the other shit cause i havent played in years

60% of the catsluts I come across have the CIA pose

>Gets a random whisper from a guy.
>"Hello! What's your story?"
>"How're you spending your time?"
And kept asking shit like that. Is that creepy or am I just too paranoid? I would not mind it if it came from a cute catgirl or something but it was a male character.

you'd understand if you'd have to deal with ffxiv cunts praising this as the second coming on Cred Forums for YEARS

heavensward flopping and showing no signs of getting better is the greatest schadenfreude

Some people just want to strike up a conversation. Worse comes to worse you can blacklist him.

Are you playing on Balmung?

>literally literally literally

Maybe you'd feel more at home back at reddit

Yes. Only by the people who have reached the very end and used the minion from the story.

I use the crossed arms or "sexy legs" pose myself. And I'm a little slutty.

But nobody does that beside trolls, what's wrong with you?

nice arguments

ACTIVE
PLAYERS

LESS THAN 75,000 ACTIVE NA PLAYERS

think i saw more than that in dalaran earlier lmao

>He thinks a full server of bots is relevant
LOL

how does going into this thread and ranting about the game somehow solve that, though? it's not like people will miraculously see the error of their ways and stop making threads about it

Not really. It's some autist trying to 'get close to you' and then they'll try and flirt.

And then when you turn them down, they'll want to be 'friends' and hug you every time you're around. And you notice they never hug any of their male 'friends'.

Because they don't have any.

Stop responding to bait from wowfags

literally the best literal argument literally loled

so blacklist him.

active players

Alright so I have to vent real quick about the story because I just completed the 3.0 MSQ, if you care about spoilers or whatever then don't read on.
Look, I know that the WoL is stupid overpowered and that's their gimmick, but did anybody else find it hard to believe that the WoL could single-handedly take on Thordan and the Knights of the Round? Thordan's power is so off the scales in comparison to every other primal that it seems like a reach that a person can solo him.

Even if you say that the WoL taking a light party with him to fight Thordan is canon, keep in mind that even still that doesn't seem plausible, because that means that the WoL and 3 sellswords took down Thordan, who:

>Has an infinite power supply and is running off of thousands of years of prayer
>Bodied an immortal ascian (Lahabrea) with literally one swipe
>Has 12 (T W E L V E) other primal God-level bodyguards fighting with him

Bullshit, I call bullshit. I can believe the ultima weapon but there's no way the WoL could take down 13 primal with infinite power at once. I realize that this is my autism flaring up but at this point there's literally nothing that can stop the WoL and his power growing exponentially doesn't even make sense. I know about the whole "Oh, he's a primal" thing and yeah okay, but the WoL often works behind the scenes. A lot of normal people don't know he exists or refuse to believe he's actually the WoL. Why the fuck is he so fucking strong FUCK Thordan should've smited the WoL without breaking a sweat I'M MAD

>Been selling Dark Matter Cluster like there's no tomorrow for about a week, making around 15m.
>The last few days not a single one of my listed Dark Matters has been sold.
>MFW
I just need a few more millions and I can afford all types of medium houses.

>Nep still hasn't given up.
Friendly reminder that the guy hating on the game only hates it because Yoshi called him fat and madde fun of his cosplay.
This guy used to love FFXIV so much that he left a trip generated running for days so he could have NOVUS in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=BcGbSMPAnhw
10:20

This is some advanced autism, user. Its a final fantasy game. Expecting anything resembling a good story that's not designed for teens is retarded.

>Be lala
>Meme race
>Spam emotes all day
>Gender/race it don't matter
>All types pet me
>Get commendations for my spriggan cap

Feels good

at least don't make up stuff

It's going to be less of a jumprope than midas, or flat out pathetic dps checks so you can make it though as long as people can do the dance.

This is the stupidest complaint I've read today, and that says a lot.

You're literally complaining that the protag of a JRPG can kill gods. In 2016.

I understand that you're trying to meme but it's been confirmed that 4.0 is dropping PS3 support.

Are catsluts the ultimate Yuri race?

Haha holy fuck Cosplay is a comedy goldmine

>not using the CIA pose

fuck off casual

>active players is how i know i'm enjoying a game!
>"guess u like justin bieber then"
>w-w-what a s-s-stupid c--comparison! ha! th-th-that's totally d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-different!

Hold the fuck up what? Seriously? I need a source on this because I want to believe it so badly.

They'll never drop PS3.

What does this have to do with anything?

what the fuck are you even trying to say

Actually this remind me.

In your guys opinion, would Thordan and his 12 knights could have beaten a fully powered Nidhogg?

they should be, but it's all faggoty dickgirls into pet play and sub/dom everywhere.

>deal with

Filter FFXIV. Those topic titles were meant to get under the skin of over-sensitive nerds like you

I don't even play catslut you disgusting furry

No.

I would not mind a sub/dom relationship with a fellow catslut, without any dick shit involved of course. But it would be even better to have a dom Au'ra and a sub cat!

Hes saying that popularity shouldn't equate to how good a game is or your chances of enjoying it.

These topics were meant for /vg/. Not him.

this is the average ffxiv player

its probably why the game only has 250,000 players

>not playing catsluts

then why even play the game to begin with, you yeast infected vagina

Do you plan to continue to support the PS3 version even after the PS4 version is released?

Y: At this moment, we've already begun work on the expansion pack, and I can tell you that at the very least the PS3 version will be supported up to that point.

Does that mean there's a possibility that PS3 users will no longer be able to continue playing beyond that expansion?

Y: It may be a possibility in the future.

How far off in the future are we talking about here?

Y: That will depend on how long people continue to play on the PS3. I've mentioned in the presentation this morning that I want to make sure that "FFXIV continues to innovate", and there's certainly the possibility that whatever innovation we seek will come with certain technical requirements. For example in EQN, which I mentioned earlier, it would not be possible to realize certain things like physic-based gameplay without meeting the hardware prerequisites. So if this becomes something that players want and we start to see people leave for rival products, then we can't just sit around twiddling our thumbs either. After all, we too need to ensure we have the necessary weapons to take on other MMORPGs in the future.

For example, if we were to have a large-scale FATE where players can ride on a flying mount and freely fly around and swoop down at a dragon that is 200 meters long, players would probably be impressed and entertained. However, it would also require us to raise the minimum requirement when it comes to hardware specs.

Our aim has always been to develop the game so that players can have the same experience no matter which hardware they play on. However, if we were to become too fixated on this and become unable to innovate, then this will cease to be a FF game. So I do not plan to say that we will support the PS3 version forever. At the same time, I'm not saying that we'll be ending support by next year or anything like that either, so don't worry.

I have no problem with WoWfag coming in here, I regularly bitch in WoW threads.

Although less from the perspective of an XIV player and more from the perspective of a BC-Nostalgiafag. This board is built on mutual hate.

yes

>ffxiv continues to innovate

L
M
A
O

how the FUCK
is this game innovating, at all?

it literally
(literally)

copied an entire game and just pasted final fantasy shit onto it

Popularity determines how quickly you get into raids, dungeons, trials and PvP if ever especially on lower population servers. Its even worse for a game like XIV that requires you do the dungeons and trials to progress at all. Plus yes actually popularity often correlates to how good something is. You can not enjoy something at all but still agree that it is good.

Holy shit fuck off back to the /vg/ containment thread, don't you have names to drop and screenshots to post? Jesus christ go take your fucking meds that keep your autism high functioning enough that you don't shit down your frog print jammies, go heat up another fucking hot pocket while you wait for your DPS queue to pop in fifteen minutes. Fuck off and unsub, nobody wants you here.

This right here!

>Not playing a catslut
>You will never experience the satisfaction of getting a /pet by other cute cats.
>You will never automatically get around 2 commends each DF run just because you're a catslut.

And it manages to do that while keeping all the parts that made WoW fun.

if you're trying to shill WoW it's full of draenei horsedicks and futa femworgens giving people their knots too.

I hate XI players

>You can not enjoy something at all but still agree that it is good.

Haha no, fuck you moron. I'll never agree that Capeshit is 'good'.

how is it """""innovating"""""?

>Not having a cute e-relationship in an MMO.
Why are you even playing this game user?

Its not but its the better alternative since its basically Vanilla.

old man's club

Anyone else get an automatic urge to breed with minfilia?

I knew I would get better replies if I had just memed, I don't know what I was thinking. Since memes are all that you cancerous fucks know, allow me to try again.

>"Now that the dust has settled, what the fuck was his problem?" :)

>First MMO with flying mounts
>First MMO with dynamic events
>First MMO with a weapon upgrade system
>First MMO with multiple classes on one character
>First MMO with multiple tiers of raid difficulty
>First MMO to let you change gear appearance
>First MMO to let you dye gear

The list goes on...

XIV queues are almost universally faster than WoW queues despite being a much less popular game, so I dunno man.

how do you get a 'manual' urge?

You shift into gear

literally half those things WoW did years earlier

>Sometimes I want to throw my controller out the window but when you actually get something it feels really good

Autism to the highest degree.

>Mining points spawned in a shared overworld and were limited

Oh yeah that worked great for Wildstar where they still have teleporting bots taking -fucking everything-.

She's the most generic girl you could possible imagine. There's no way she could possible be any more generic.

I'm an XI player who also plays XIV, those guys are just the "waaah waaah shit was so much harder in our day!" type of fags. They're not all of us.

0/10, should've left off obviously wrong shit like it being the first to have flying mounts and multiple tiers of raid diffulty, you tried too hard

What is a dynamic event?
>First MMO with a weapon upgrade system
>First MMO with multiple classes on one character
Those were already present in FFXI

They're not real, user. They're practically cartoons.

How's WAR? Just hit 50 with DRG and want to try a tank class

>hnms is skill intensive

I really wonder how many people actually played FFXI and don't just bring it up when MMOs are mentioned just so they can seem like le veteran MMO gamer. While HNMs definitely helped the perception that FFXI was more of a community game, it didn't change the fact that it was more banding around a shitty system rather than anything actually remotely interesting. Most braindead shit and they're proud of it.

Then again, most players who claim experience in FFXI tend to be average at best.

If something is 0/10 you shouldnt have ever replied.

>patch 3.4
>wowfugees still play this game, complain about FF stuff and wont fuck off
Why wont they leave, bros? Is WoW really that shit?

Finish FF3

>It's a potato being really annoying talking to you and spamming emotes episode.
Guess I just have to pretend to be afk as usual...

Like doing Big Dick Damage with giant crit numbers? While enjoying sub 10 second queues for nearly every single instance and getting all the commends simply for being the tank? War 60 is for you! If you queue into 8man and get a drk/pld, you even get to just dps your heart out.

Nobody cares about the bullshit story faggot. If you want to chat about your headcanon I'm sure there's some catgirl neckbeards who'll care for the right price.

Yes, and?
youtu.be/Tn8a85HrCNU

>skill
>bot that spams provoke/dia/whatever
>intense skill

>reeeeee why are WoW players playing my WoW skin? I want my game to be empty and dead

Reminds me of the World Bosses in BDO, people would just sit for hours and wait for them to spawn and then they died within a few seconds.
Shit like that is so horrible designed.

>Getting turned on by cartoons

Japan got hit with 2 nukes. What's your excuse?

Where does that quote come from, user?

Waiting for their followers to return is hard work.

>FFXIV shill so insecure he can't help but shit on WoW when the guy he quoted didn't even begin to mention it

This is so pathetic

>Adders cucked again
>Flames now have best female outfit in the first caster set AND best male outfit in this set

How is HNMNs and Abyssea and Dynamis not deeper than Diadem and Palace of the Dead? Also objectively relevant for years.

It was this movie at a young age that I knew it was okay to want to fuck 2D women.

>tfw Lalas and C@s get free commends.
Feels good.

BDO world bosses were terrible. A system made entirely just to sell Tears. Don't want to walk back if you died from a 1 shot move you didn't see because of lag? Just pay for a tears and rez where you are. It's only a buck, why not? You need that drop.

The severe lack of Holli porn is atrocious.

Nothing wrong with wanting a fully instanced world

Nah. WOL couldn't do it solo, and he's more powerful than KOTR. Needed Hraesvelgr's eye.

FACT: people would actually play elezen if you could make them shorter than six fucking feet

Elezens are perfect you just have shit taste.

>that one afk guy who never moves and is in the exact same spot even after a new patch or maintenance

What's their name?

The only saving grace of being Brazilian when it comes to FFXIV is that by the time i wake up the servers are already back.

I like Elezen overall, but their neck and shoulder ares look weird.

>Brazillians sleep for 24 hours

Wew

Time gated content
Literal time gated content
Not gear locked behind a grind, but litetal send a npc out for a real world week before you can even start the gear grind
This is in Legion and wowfags say it's the best expansion theyve had in years

Cred Forumss very own healslut on Odin.Don't forget to pet her

The fact that you are a dirty monkey should be enough for you to hang yourself

Don't remember but in Cactuar there's this guy in Odin's full armor in Limsa Lower Decks sitting in a bench, everytime I see him, he's afk, he moves, or at least disconects, but I haven't seen him do something, just sitting there, in a bench.

Emin Thonal!

Xcon Zekir or something.

You'll see him at S ranks every once in a while.

Books are 100x better than Light and dungeon atmas. It's way less of a grind than light and doesn't require bullshit RNG like dungeon atmas. Protip for the FATES: turn on in-game sounds when alt-tabbed in the options menu and just shitpost untill you hear the Fate spawned sound.

Oliver Nexus

Everyone knows he exists after taking down Ultima weapon and while Ishgard was skeptical he proved himself fighting Nidhogg before Thordan and even more after that
The WoL basically being an eikon even fits thematically as a call back to FF3 I think it was and the WoDs fit into that
In the back story of 3 the world was in danger of being covered in so much light it would burn everything out and the warriors of darkness defeated light and brought back darkness, it's a the world needs balance kind of thing and the WoDs opposing the WoL later could definitely fit a story like that

>Very limited inventory.
>Need to organize gear for 20+ classes.
>Crafting materials.
>Tokens and tons of tokens from all kind of shit. Daily tokens, "raid" tokens, Anima tokens.
>foods and pots
How am I suppose to have shit in my inventory? I don't feel like running back and forth to my retainers all the time just to grab some crafting material or dyes.

Holy shit, you made me remind that she exists. I legit had completely forgotten about her. No wonder 3.0's story has been so good, we're actually more than a year deep without Minfilia. Not counting her apparance as the avatar of Hydalin

Even Mateus with its incredibly low population has someone like this. There's a catboy called Emiya Shirou who just idles in the same place in Idyllshire on top of his Fenrir all day.

>Foods
>Pots

You deserve your autismo Hell, faggot.

Unfortunately running to your retainers is basically mandatory, especially if you're getting into crafting. Just teleport to Limsa Lominsa, it's the closest aetheryte to a retainer bell in the game.

Because the WoL is him/herself a primal

Subs are dropping, goys, I mean guys, buy a fucking bennu so I can rent another castle already.

Yoshi stopped giving a fuck about this game once he got promoted. You know it's true. Look at the shit content ever since then.

loving this meme

>he was promoted in the first place
I still dont get this. Why not get someone more capable with all the money the game made? the only reason they had Yoshi on in the first place was so he could be the fall guy if necessary.

>not playing max height female elezen

why do you think Thordan was so freaked out that you managed to beat him. your allies are starting to notice that you're accomplishing things you shouldn't be able to

>not liking tall elezens

Away with you

PLAYABLE

MIQITTENS

WHEN

You have lalafell already, toddler-fuckers.

Extreme should have been the MSQ, it was more in line with what the fight should have been.

Never, you can thank the ERP degenerates for that

i did think it was a bit odd that the other 12 primals in the fight just used one attack each. but that fight would have destroyed your typical pug. people are still terrified of Chrysalis and Steps (both)

PSO had really great horizontal progression though and the most practical good weapons took like a week to find which was not too bad or were easy to trade for.

The thing with PSO is that there were quite a few drops each with some market value. You will find something and then you can trade it with other that found really rare stuff they cant use. It was great honestly.

>playing mch
>fun as fuck
>trying to get a decent wildfire
>mfw

I love this class to death otherwise but FUCK.

Try doing actual raids with it.
Learning a fight as MCH is hell. A7S especially.
>Oh he casted Zoomdoom while I just started my wildfire.
>Oh no we pushed a phase in A7S I have no clue if I can wildfire safely anymore.
>8 bombs lines up perfectly with wildfire so if you use it before wildfire you'll miss the entire thing and have to click off b4b.

I'm tanking for the first time and I don't think I'm doing very well, is there any general advice I can get? I seem to struggle holding multiple targets at once, I'm not terribly far along right now mind you.

Those aesthetics though

You better have revolver of the wanderer you faggots

Spam flash, cycle your targets, git gud

Are you PLD? Flash twice, combo, flash, combo someone else, etc

WAR? SPAM OVERPOWER IT'S THE BEST THING JESUS H CHRIST

DRK? I don't fucking know

>doesn't have timelines

gladiator: Flash twice per pack, then 1 2 tab 1 2 tab 1 2 tab

marauder: same as above, but overpower twice.

if you have an arcanist or an aoe happy thaumaturge in your party, do 3 Flas/Overpower

U N L E A S H B O Y S

Kill yourself Cherie.

I'm a PLD right now I'm planning on being a DRK so I'm just doing PLD then moving to WAR to get the skills that'll help out there.
Saved, thanks user, tanking is fun but its harder to manage than I figured.

you don't really need any cross class skills from other tanks that aren't obtained extremely early apart from provoke which is only like 18 or something.

Yoshi-P is Japanese Todd Howard

They said never because they're afraid of getting in international legal trouble if people do shit like ERP with them.

But they know we want them so if you keep asking they might cave eventually. Don't give up.

this is neat, do you have ones for healer/dps?

Less players = faster queues on daily shit and anything that's in a roulette, slow as shit or plain dead queues on anything harder

More players = longer queues on daily shit, faster queues on harder shit, overall slower queues but also every queue is guaranteed to pop because more people are available to queue for it

It's not that hard to understand.

i do not, because i haven't seen them. i do have a paladin one though

Really? I've seen multiple people say the opposite, are they just helpful and not absolutely necessary?

Have the officially commented on kittens? All I've seen are the 100 odd posts on the OF with people calling each other pedophiles but those never have staff posts.

>international legal trouble

That's the most bullshit excuse ever, they are literally in no fanger of anything like that. It'd be the exact same as having ERPers now.

Actual reason: they don't want to slightly adjust lala armors to fit new models. Lazy fucks.

Tanking with a legit low level character is virtually impossible at this stage. Hell, for gladiators it was even bullshit trying to low level tank before the damage nerf and now its just pointless.

Just do the best you can and don't let it discourage you. It gets much better once you get some more skills, especially your tanking stance.

>203/240

>i'll always run into your big strong arms
>mfw healers that run AWAY from you if they aggro something

all the cross class skills you need from Marauder are under level 10

by the time you've gotten provoke you've got all you need from Gladiator.

No, the actual reason is because the Warrior of Light being a 10 year old is retarded.

>tanking without awareness

Fuck outta here

Miqo'te are also a thing, so why bother?
And we know how lazy the dev team is.
Even if the risk of getting into trouble was non existent, they wouldn't do solely because they would rather use that same effort elsewhere.

>making excuses for Yoshipro's laziness

Yes. It was in a live letter or something back when the pink cat in Idyllshire first started getting popular.

The real reason is probably that they're afraid of triggering normalfags, regardless of whether they think they could get in legal trouble or not.

Despite TERA being literally saved from total financial disaster by Elin cash shop items, every single normalfag who played that game will still tell you to this day that they quit solely because of Elins.

Final Fantasy III's Warrior's of Light were pretty much 10 year olds though

Because Wada is a retard and promoting him was his last farewell fuck you to everyone. Yoshida sucked enough of his dick and got promoted, then Wada left and let the MMO division rot since it's what lead to get him sacked in the first place, at least the rest of the company improved.

I'm not making excuses for that hack. I'm just saying that the idea of making the WoL a 10 year old cat is fucking ridiculous like the other OF demands. Someone has to tell them at some point that their stupid demands have to stop and they aren't fucking devs. They're just shitstains that think screaming for something means they'll get it.
>make the turtle mount fly like Gamera it would be so epic xD
>WHY DOESN'T FENRIR FLY I SPENT ALL THIS HARD EARNED MGP SO HE SHOULD FLY FUCK HIM BEING A NORMAL WOLF

>you are now imagining Gauis trying to talk down a 10 year old miqi'tten

How many people who play FFXIV also played III as opposed to VI+?

you say that like Wada didn't ok all the choices for 1.0

considering the player characters all fought at the battle of cartenaeu which was 5 years ago.

you see any 5year olds running around in that cutscene?

i'm still shocked that they expect us to believe the au'ra have been here all along too

The Onion Kid sprites looked young but all the concept art and the remake show them as at least teenagers. The other job sprites in the original don't even look young.

>decide to level first healer
>kinda want to go ast because it looks fun, but eventually settle on whm because it's the standard healer and will always be useful
>ding 55 on whm the day before ast buffs come out

yeah, i'm fucking mad. knew i should have gone ast.

leveling whm is the most fucking boring thing i've done in this game too.

>wada is a retard
Not that user but i thought that that's what he implied.

No one, FFXIV has its own niche audience, that's why I don't why Yoshida keeps putting in Final Fantasy references in game, when most FF fans don't give a shit about the MMO's.

Wada has always been a retard, the main retarded choice he made for 1.0 was to rush the game so they could compete with Cataclysm that very same year, he also made the choice to outsource way too much to fucking China in an attempt to compete in the back then growing chink MMO market.

That'd make his despair from losing all the more sweet desu

Its just an avatar. By that same logic how the fuck could you explain an Au'ra, which if you own Heavensward you can start a level one character as, going through the entire ARR storyline and being shocked by Yugiri's reveal as a creepy exotic lizard when one of those things is literally the main character.

oh it seems I am the retard and did not read properly.

sorry.

>FF fans don't play the most casual MMO in years
>why are there FF references in a FF game
Are you actually this dumb?

Really? I guess i don't talk to enough people to notice. All of the people i usually chill with have at least played VI and VII.
Hell one of them practically got me to get into FF a long ass fucking time ago.

>>FF fans don't play the most casual MMO in years
They're a rare bunch
>>why are there FF references in a FF game
Hardly anyone who plays this game know's who the fuck Ultros is or what the warring triad is. Nice try trying to sound smart. I'm obviously not talking about FF staples.

>WoWfugees always complain about story, how dare they, it's a Final Fantasy MMO story is the best and you shouldn't skip it nor complain everything is gated by it!
>but don't you dare use story completion to measure the game's population, the story doesn't matter at all, all my FC didn't complete the 3.3 story and they're all still playing!

WoWfugees are shit but there are bigger pieces of shit holding the game back.

You're retarded.

Most don't get things like the "You don't need a reason to help people" during the last anniversary event, but it's really fucking rare to run into someone who doesn't recognize Ultros or the Warring Triad. Ultros was even in XIII-2 for underage fags who haven't touched anything older than PS3

Oh wait, I forgot you're probably the same guy a few days back getting upset for being called out on not knowing who Ultros is here, it's okay, you WoWfags make up most of FFXIV's population anyway.

Sad but true. I often told my friends in game this game is only successful by virtue of there being nothing better on the market.

You're right and I should not gloss over how much work goes into the expansion. 4.0 will be a real "honeymoon period" if you really want to play the game.

I wish there was content for raiders besides raid, so you can really shine for putting in work on your character. It makes me sad the directer is so against people "separating" from the casuals. I suspect because they have to pander as much as possible to maintain a profitable business model.

I wish it didn't have to be like this. Maybe we were born too soon to really enjoy what this genre can bring to the table in the (nearish) future.

This, the majority of mainline FFfags don't give a shit about the MMOs, they didn't give a shit about XI back then and give even less of a shit now, and they don't give a shit about XIV, they'll always stick to the offline games. A lot of MMO only fags also don't really give enough of a shit about mainline FF and have just played one or two at best, especially FFXIV fags since a lot of them are WoW rejects.

Both types of people might get a couple of references from both types of games here and there, but mostly from seeing them around the internet rather than having played the games themselves.

I don't browse reddit retard.
I've played and beaten every final fantasy but 5, and i enjoyed WoW up to Lich king.
I played this game for the MMO and i stayed for what has been the best Final fantasy experience in almost ten years.
Get fucked you reddit browsing cock sucking fat sack of shit.

Congratz on being the 5% of Final Fantasy fans that play this game then?

>creepy
Hey fuck you man, bushido lizards are cute.

Maybe. You bet your fucking ass most the people who played WoW never played nor beat Warcraft 1-3 so i'm not sure what your point is supposed to be

>I played this game for the MMO

You're just reinforcing his point, most people play for the MMO part without giving a shit about the Final Fantasy part. You might be one of the exceptions that had previous FF history, but even you admit the main attraction is the MMO side of it. Yes how dare people play an MMO for the MMO, but the MMO part is just a shit WoW reskin that's barely Final Fantasy related.

>every final fantasy but 5
if you enjoyed 3,tactics and 12 International, You should pick up 5, 3 was proto 5

Where the fuck are you getting the idea that FF fans don't play this one? They didn't touch XI because MMOs were extremely niche and it was full of casual filters, but MMOs are really popular nowadays and XIV is fucking babby mode all the way through. It's extremely accessible to normal FF fans, and I've seen tons playing.

Legion is a fucking joke. People ran out of shit to do within the first week because, surprise, everything is gated behind "Class Hall" missions and "World Quests"

AKA Garrison LITE and Dailies on a 12 hour timer, that aren't even NEW EXCITING QUESTS, but actual fucking quests YOU ALREADY DID to hit lvl 110.

>i stayed for what has been the best Final fantasy experience
same for all the references, I feel this chart summed up why I picked up 11/14 basically social FF

"Hey Bahamut is cool! Wouldn't it be cool to fight Bahamut with a party or 7 other players in an MMO final fantasy?"
>Get to fight bahamut in a party with 7 other players in an MMO
Don't forget this is a video game where you're supposed to have FUN.
How someone else gets it is none of your concern. Half the fun is conversing with people who don't know too much lore and telling them about these characters.
I'm already amped for Ark from Alexander the creator, and the night the trailer dropped half my FC were freaking out about him.

He had an arguably noble cause and figured it would make more sense to go nuclear than try the peaceful coexistence route.

>Someone changed my chart

That's fine. At least people are still posting it.

>Didn't even bother to update Type-0 platforms or clean up non straight lines

Come on.

>go nuclear

There's that phrase again. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Coexistence was never an option with Nidhogg. He knew he had to give up his humanity to save his people.

I know man, i have no fucking idea why i haven't played 5.

This is also the only game in which you can see Amano designs rendered in HD.
When I saw Sophia in the 3.4 trailer I was like, "eh, cool, whatever" until the Goddess popped out of the ground at which point I spontaneously jizzed my pants.

>use the eye to turn you and 12 knights in to fucking gods to forcefully end a thousand year war your own people unjustfully caused
That's pretty fucking nuclear

Sophia was actually designed by Nomura in FF6. The head looks Amano as fuck though.

i too am quite pleased with how they are appearing to handle Alexander. no mini Alex prime. i'm just fine riding him

i hope i get FF9 vibes from the fight. cool that 'the Ark' appears to be the third wing's boss

There is a mini Alexander Prime. You can see him in the trailer. But Yoshi confirmed in an interview you fight the Prime and the real giant version.

Revenant Wings is really fun

>Manipulator quarantines you away from the party to a space apart from the battlefield
>Alexander Prime quarantines you away from the party IN TIME

What is your favorite reference in this game, Cred Forums?
Can be a boss, a reused asset or just flavor text

>You have to play all these non-related game titles in order to enjoy this vastly different online experience

Yeah, no. Knowing Ultros was some fag from ff6 doesn't change much.

youtu.be/hhAy6G8IJCg
>the part at 1:20 always managed to play while i was in the pipes
I loved that fight

>Raubahn quoting Barret at Carteneau
>King Mog with a chocobo scepter as a reference to his summon materia
>Corpse Brigade
>Warring Triad
>Nael's Sephiroth fire walk

That Aura looks like fuuka from Persona 3 even looks meek like her.

>Alexander Prime vs. you 1vs1
>Everyone else suspended in time, gets to watch you
>Have to deal enough damage to stop his spell, roughly 500 dps
>People still fail it

the 2 einhander references

No MMO are designed to waste your time and are a complete cancer.
XIV double so considering endgame has been ctrl+c ctrl+v'ed repeatedly as some farce of progression.

Loved Manipulator's theme. Moreso than Brute Justice. It was just the perfect ambient battle music and when you were actually in the process of clearing it, unbelievably hype. When the chorus for Break the Metal came up for the last 3%.