Are video games a sport?

Are video games a sport?

an e-sport

Do they present physical stress on your body, are they directly in competition with another entity, and do they take an immense amount of physical skill?

My rule of thumb for sports is if a fat fuck can easily beat me at it, it ain't a sport. Yeah that includes golf and bowling.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a dick. Fuck off.

Only if chess is a sport, otherwise its a performance by the physical peak pushing there body's and minds to the limit

They're games

This

I think the better question is are sports a video game?

>Yeah that includes golf and bowling.

I guess so.

but don't bring it up in front of an actual professional athlete.

They are when I'm playing haha!

>chess
>a sports

QUICK

POST THE MOST INVULNERABLE PEOPLE IN HISTORY

Neither of these

no

Did I trigger a fat fuck?

Yes

Most e-sport "athletes" aren't fat though. Hell cs go pros are packed, and most gaming houses include gym in their schedule.

Na. Not really.

I said "can"

Are there fat fucks, who are considered athletes in e-sports?

Yeah, it's bullshit.

I guess on the competitive level in the sense that you're pushing your mental capabilities to the limit but I think saying that is giving a lot of e-sports players too much credit.

Are sports a video game ?

>physical prowess
>Golf, bowling, hunting, FISHING
>FISHING

Just because you are sort of fit and go to get gym semi-regularly doesn't mean you are an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. Also most e-sports "athletetes" are ugly and unhealthy fucks who sit for more than 10 hours at a time.

I rank it in the same category as most tabletop games.

Fishing big fish is quite hard

if sitting in a car and turning left is a sport, anything can be a sport.

volleytwat is a sport... so it may as well be

>Yeah, yeah, I'm a dick. Fuck off.

Wow. The normies are out in full force tonight.

Video games are an e-sport (electronic sport). Just like racing is a motor-sport.

They aren't in the same tier as physical sports, but they share similarities.

>Things I suck at ain't sports

Did I trigger a beta?

Hope I didn't swing too hard. Wouldn't want to give you a stroke and see your health go down the hole. I just wanted to strike up a conversation. Please spare me from this discussion.

Sports are just a type of game. A game where the only requirement is that it be entirely physical.
Then you can subclass other games and can easily see how professional game-players sprawl out. You have your poker leagues, your career athletes, chessmasters, e-sports, and the Olympians.
Sports fans are just game fans, most people just don't understand how to distinguish different types of games from one another.

Did you know, in the amount of time it takes you to go to the gym, work out, and come back home, you could have exercised your brain four times as hard with a video game, drank a sports drink, and still had time to masturbate?

No, because it will give people excuse for not trying to be a well adjust adult.

It's okay, user. You'll matter someday.

Whatever it is... IOC wants more medals and if "cybersport" makes money and offers competition it basically can be a sport.

People who play sports competitively and those who follow it are normal.

People who play videogames "competitively" and those who follow it are not.

So no, videogames are not a sport.

I'm not the one trying to justify some shitty "e-sport" meme, as if it's a thing to be accepted. We're fat, lonely fucks, who honestly should be purged.

Get over it.

If you consider something like Poker or Billiards to be a sport, then yeah.

Why does no one call it "competitive gaming"? That's the most accurate description.

I'm guessing it's because it has a sort of Mountain Dew and Doritos feel to it and that the soft e-"sports" fans don't want to be associated with it. If you are going to arbitrarily redefine sports so that encompasses playing video games, than it means "sports" would be such a broad term that professional toothbrushing and television watching would be a thing.

>I'm not the one trying to justify some shitty "e-sport" meme, as if it's a thing to be accepted.

Neither am I, retard. I'm the guy who's saying that spouting bullshit about sports that you suck at not being real sports makes you look like a beta bitch faggot who probably couldn't beat Charlie Brown in a football kicking contest.

>We're fat, lonely fucks, who honestly should be purged.
Speak for yourself, Lardo.

>Get over it.
Said the guy dragging this conversation further.

>if a fat fuck can easily beat me at it, it ain't a sport
So Sumo Wrestling isn't a sport?

>We

Sumo wrestlers actually work out a fucking ton. Underneath all of that fat is a ton of muscle. It's just because they eat a shitload of calories.

You have to be able to get your fat ass out of a chair to play a sport.

*tips fedora*

Maybe you should start gym going my friend? Starting Strength only takes 3 hours per week, much less than your allocated masturbation time.

>if a fat fuck can easily beat me at it, it ain't a sport

They're still fat tho

I do a 28 mile bike ride and a handful of pushups whenever.

If I could afford a gym I would probably go once a month.

Yes. If you have a direct influence on the opposing party in a competitive setting, it is a sport.