RE4 Debate

So... Red9 or Blacktail? My first playthrough. Game's awesome. shame haven't palyed it earlier.

bump

b..bump

Blacktail was always the best pistol.

blacktail looks cooler

Redtail with the stock

Red9 is the strongest pistol, bullet for bullet.
Blacktail is smaller, reloads faster, and carries more ammo.

Just personal preference. I prefer the Red9 for maximum headshot damage.

OG handgun all the way

Same. It's handling takes some getting use to, but that bonus upgrade makes it the best imo

just get all pistols, only have pistols with no attachments and pistol ammo in your box

do it

You're smalltime.
Welcome to the best game of all time, buddy.

Red9 for first playthrough, Punisher or Handgun if you're feeling good.
>popping heads from across the landscape with the handgun
>getting multiple headshots in a row with the Punisher
>shooting through shields and armor
Fuck, those are some fun guns.

I literally beat the game using only the default pistol and shotgun, both fully upgraded. Only weapon I bought was the rocket launcher during the later chapters to take care of the bosses.

Actually I can't remember playing a TPS more fun than this, besides Vanquish. Everything is pure sex. Weapons, handling, enemies, bosses, controlls. Now I can't decide which RE is my favorite - REmake or RE4. Damn did Capcom made so nice games...

Red9 since the raw damage is gud for a beginner. Get the stock too, it takes up the most inventory for a handgun but it hits pretty hard. It also has a pretty sweet reload animation.

The red9 is a weapon you can use for more situations due to it's high damage/stun and ammo efficiency, coupled with the stock that negates recoil you've got a decent primary with no worries about ammo.
The blacktail and punisher are backup weapons
The blacktail has faster firing speed, reload and bigger capacity than the red9 but even with the last upgrade that increases it's power it has 4.5 to red9's 6.5
While the punisher is meant to deal with crowds, being able to pierce 5 enemies.

The real goat handgun is the handgun. That 5x critical chance effects the knife and prompt attacks aswell.

I always prefer Red9 with the stock. Mainly because I focus on knee-shotting most enemies then doing the finishers on them to preserve ammo.

Been a long time so I forget each weapons "special" ability but didn't the base pistol have improved chance of head explosions or whatever? Then again shooting the head gets more useless once plagia head bursters become common, at that point I focus more on suplexing motherfuckers.

>That 5x critical chance effects the knife and prompt attacks aswell.
Oh fuck, really? Shit I wish I knew that way back in the day.

handgun is for crits all day
punisher is for crowds and shield guys
red 9 is power and accuracy
blacktail is fire rate and ammo

Efficiencyfags will praise the blacktail and shit on the red9 to the ends of the earth, but it's not that big a difference.
Red9's main deal is its ammo efficiency and accuracy, if you have the scope. It means you can pop heads easier, use less ammo if you're going for bodyshots, and fight at longer range.
Blacktail is if you want a lot of headshots in a short time, and if you want more dps at the cost of pissing your ammo away.

You mean stock for the red9 right?

Red 9 = fedora
Blacktail = that kid

For some reason when I reload any rifle I get a big frame drops. I'm playing on pc. Would anyone here know why?