Are you having fun?

are you having fun?

Yes.

It's pretty hard to NOT have fun in DR1 yo.

I'm doing the Brock fight so no

>haha I'm at least three times as fast as you and block all of your attacks
>haha looks like you lost all of your weapons and items in the cutscene for some reason
>haha whoops you fell off this tiny platform because the melee animations are huge and the knockback is ridiculous and clearly not designed for an arena of this size
>haha my grab takes off a guaranteed two blocks of health
>haha if you die you have to walk through the zombies and take down my tank A G A I N

What a shitty way to end the game

Overtime in general is a shitty tacked on part of the game, which we all know would be a cheap DLC download if DR came out just now and wasn't a remaster.

>Not taking down the hardened military commander who is trained in multiple ways of unharmed combat by autist spinning until he dies

I am downloading it, I downloaded enough to start playing until the part where frank makes Jesse sprain her leg but I can't go into the actual fucking mall until my download is done...

Doesn't Disembowel work on him as well?

>having a blast with DR1 on xbone
>upped frame rate, everything pretty smooth
>finish up 7 Day Survivor, onto DR2 on xbone
>stutters everywhere, framerate drops, has just up and crashed several times

the difference in quality between the ports is rather stark

>DR1 is MT frameworks
>DR2 is Canada outsourced shit engine

GEE, no wonder.

>his stupid OP-ass grab snags me in the middle of the animation
Is this the worst boss fight in video games?

KNEE DROP

no, none of the grabs/throws work

best way to do it is spin kick into roundhouse over and over. brock is annoying and a bad way to end the game, but he's not hard at all. it's just a stupid, ill-fitting setpiece

I will tell you a secret strategy:

1. Get on the upper part of the tank. When he jumps up, jump kick/spin on him.
2. Get on the lower part of the tank, When he jumps down, jump kick/spin on him.

>disembowel Otis
>he fucking likes it

>wanted to order a cheap chink USB capture card and play some DR1 on a whim like a month ago, before even hearing about DR HD or whatever

>didnt order the card because Cred Forums told me that literally no one is willing to watch SD video

>can't even do DR1 anymore because I'll look like a poseur fraud just playing fotm even though i literally dont even own a next-gen console and would be playing an original copy of DR1

brb killing myself

>beat DR1 from Lv1 no restarts as I wanted to
>it was p easy
>time for infinity mode then

>play for about 4 hours before realizing I am wasting my life

infinity mode is the most depressing thing mode in any video game ever. it's not fun. why do people play it

I even got the laser sword on an old save while I was recovering from a bad self-inflicted wound at home, i dont know why i did it then either

>JUST STARTING DAY 4 IN INFINITY MODE
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

spin2win is not grab-invincible so it's not good for bosses

look up some cursory shit about street fighter and it'll help you play DR1 a lot better since Capcom literally can't make an action game that isn't SF anymore.

being in the air is the best way to avoid grabs, combos relying on cancels between air and ground (or jump or roll canceling things) are super important, and grabs/throws are obscenely powerful for no good reason.

most bosses can't be grabbed or thrown but have grabs of their own, so Spin Kick and Jump Kick are super good because they put you airborne and thus make you grab-invincible. most bosses' most dangerous attacks are grabs (think anything that makes a "cutscene", like the machete man stab or the chink butcher putting you on a spike) so staying airborne neuters most bosses pretty bad.

because of that, the only really hard boss is Carlito with the M82 (if you encounter him in Infinity mode, just fucking leave, it's not worth it, he only drops a steak and a box of cookies anyway)

best be triple-booking shit nigger

>enjoyed DR1
>got the Case Zero demo for DR2
>did not enjoy it

does DR2 get better or did it really lose 120% of the charm and fun of DR1

Of course I have the three books. I have like 3 tabs open for the list of food, and survivors. I'm chilling on the rooftop of the patio in Leisure Park.

the first time I played DR2 I didn't like it at all, tried it again and starting enjoying it

I've been apart of all these threads. It's truly a blast seeing this. I hate how terror is reality is already dead again though...

>there are people who think that killing zombies is the main focus of Dead Rising

Off the record is pretty good.