Okay guys tell me honestly which is the scariest game you ever played? No meme bullshit

Okay guys tell me honestly which is the scariest game you ever played? No meme bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/sspdik.webm
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=qaIOaE7Mg9Y
youtu.be/aaaFpKqUGAc?t=5m26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Skyrim :^D

My own life

minecraft

the best horror comes from games that aren't even supposed to be scary, like fucking GTA SA and all the myths surrounding it.

and the aliens in GTA V

Slender: The Arival

Amnesia: Dark Descent.

But it was one of the first horror games i ever properly sat down and played (Penumbra came after, but desu the ONLY scary thing about Penumbra is the 'Kennel' area. Also patrolling enemies.

Amnesia's novelty ran off after 1 playthrough BUT, there are 100s of Custom Stories using the games assests (including Machine for Pigs / SOMA) so it lasts longer, provided the monsters / audio still spooks you out.

ETERNAL DARKNESS

IT NEVER GETS BRIGHTER

This.

Silent Hill: Origins

what the fuck happened to his dick?

too real

System Shock 2

>GTA SA
This, trying to find Bigfoot in the woods at night was the most unnerving experience in games for me.

Ghoul Forest 3

Silent Hill 4, Penumbra, Amnesia, parts of SOMA, PT, Forbidden Siren (until it turns into "try to solve this extremely obscure and nonsensical puzzle until you give up and check a guide" bullshit and then it's just tedious)

Anatomy

Asylum in thief 3 is this for me

fable 2

Eternal Darkness. The sanity gimmick alone made by heart drop several times. Then there's the body snatchers and winged skeletons that really got under my skin just at the sight of them.

>Okay guys tell me honestly which is the scariest game you ever played? No meme bullshit

FEAR expansion. The one where you're underground, in complete darkness and enemies spawn randomly to attack you. I felt dread for the first time back. Never felt dread since then or before, not even when fighting 3 niggers at once, cause I already did that.

Speaking in front of large groups of people

Why? You've never played silent hill?

spbp

In terms of pure terror, Silent Hill 3.

>Forbidden Siren

this

>(until it turns into "try to solve this extremely obscure and nonsensical puzzle until you give up and check a guide" bullshit and then it's just tedious)

but this too, sadly

is that a penis? fucking gay

This. Playing sh3 with headphones at night in the dark puts you on edge. The sound design in that game was amazing.

This, Fallout 3 and 4 and half life 2 all fucking terrified me.

PT hands down

Undertale easily

SCP : Containment Breach

>Going about your business investigating museum art heist conspiracy while finding clues related to murders that happenrd earlier in the evening
>this room is usually empty
>suddenly you walk in a room you were in before, there's now a body on the mastodon tusks
>loud scare chord plays as screen cuts to a grisly close up of the corpse
>played thru old-fashioned midi-synth, doubling the creepiness
Fuck this shit. I was traumatized for a solid 2 decades by this game, had nightmares about it for days after every time I played it or even thought about it.

You know, I really think they never topped the sound design of the original four Silent Hill games. Absolutely phenomenal. Akira Yamaoka is a God.

Easily Undertale

What a creepy building

revolution 60

The part that legitimately freaked me out probably more than anything else was the effect where it looks like the volume turns down on its own.

I was sure someone broke into my room and was turning down the volume before trying to kill me.

As someone who has to play silent hill 2 with a guide during the day could I even make it through 3 under amy circumstances?

That game was legitimately legendary, creating your own spells made me feel really powerful.

OFP/ Arma, walking in the woods at night has unnerved me more than any actual horror game ever has

I heard of Eternal Darkness being the scariest G.O.A.T.

no

Game was a 20 hour panic attack. Mild spoilers.

Morrowind when you enter the sixth house bases.

>Mild spoilers.
You've seen Alien right?

Afterfall insanity
jk

Subnautica get really scary sometimes

Spooky shit in non horror games is a lot scarier
It's a lot more terrifying when you don't expect it

sas

Running around for 10+ minutes in total silence, suddenly this happens. Then you can proceed to shit your pants once you get to cover.

You have no idea how loud this was with some great headphones.

a.pomf.cat/sspdik.webm

SCP Containment Breach

Playing this shit with headphones is fucking terrifying.

Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut.

Yeah. Horror games mostly aren't very horrifying for the simple reason that you go into them expecting to get scared. Your psychological armor is up, you are prepared for scary shit to go down and when it does your reaction is moderated rather than being genuine horror. The scariest shit in games is in games which are only mildly scary as a whole. Like, the first time I encountered a Scorpio in The Void I shit a brick fucking wall.

dead space in some parts, although its the only "horror" game I've played

Just got done beating DS1 on Impossible and DS2 on Zealot, shit can get intense

is SCP Containment Breach good?

In my opinion, absolutely not. Silent Hill 2, while having an air of creepiness throughout, and some moments of fear, is probably the least scary of the bunch. Every time I replay SH3 I feel dread and uneasiness. There aren't any areas that aren't entirely oppressive. The monsters are scarier, the environment is much darker and so is the dialogue. The bosses are an absolute nightmare to me.

If you're scared of Silent Hill 2 the third game will break you. Still, I recommend it every time because it's such an incredible game. Totally engrossing.

The fucking jump scares in DS3 where the most unexpected thing. That shit got me bad, especially the first one.

Cry of Fear though the plot played a huge part in it. Shit hits too hard ;_;

Condemned: Criminal Origins.
I had to put it down for a day after some levels

The hotel

Right now this fucking game got me pretty good from my 19 years of gaming (I am 25).

But nothing will ever top Resident Evil 1 for me, that game fucked me up pretty good and made me love horror shit.

Since this faggot already posted the picture, here.

Played plenty of "horror" games and have never been really scared.

STALKER:SoC is the only game I can remember that legit scared me. Running down a road during pitch black night with dogs barking stalking you from the sides of the road. Also exploring the labs.

I'd say my favorites are Silent Hill 2 & 3, Fatal Frame 1 & 2, and Siren. Silent Hill 2 or 3 probably freaked me out the most.

Also Heather is cute

I wish I could enjoy Amnesia, but I never found it scary. It just felt kind of bland and empty to me. The monster wasn't all that scary to me either.

Origins is Sad Cuckold Tomm Hulett tier. Not a real Silent Hill game. Play 1-3 and maybe 4.

One of my favorite horror games in recent memory. Ranks pretty god damn high on my list of favorite horror games.

>anytime that motherfucker comes on screen

>in the distance
that motherfucker always pops up three feet behind you then all of a sudden the volume explodes out and you die immediately.

this game scared the shit out of me at first but it quickly got just annoying.

I was never scared of the dogs but the first time I entered the lab with the fucking poltergeists I was genuinely disturbed. I did not expect that spooky scooby doo shit there so it got me worse than snorkels,

For a freeware game its pretty damn good

Silent Hill (PSX)

>get through intro sequence with mild spooks
>running around town is chill, winged goblins and hounds are more annoying than anything
>night fucking creeps in
>school might not be too ba-
>find one of those fucking squeaky tiny black babies

I won't play it ever again.

:^)

this game was actually pretty scary its a shame the sequel wasnt as good

Half life 1

Game seems pretty bullshit since the killer just pops out of nowhere and the volume yanks itself up to ear rape level. How the fuck are you supposed to fight back against jump scare murderers?

>no Fatal frame 2
>no Alien 3
Those games are so fucking good that they're unplayable.

white day

Fag, learn to enjoy it ane it gets easier.

Why the fuck is this thread at Page 9?

Because it's a poll

I really liked Heather and Douglass and everyone in 3 but I didn't think it was too spooky.
What really scared me was Silent Hill 2 with monsters scittering around and making horrible noises but not really going after you directly. I couldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time exploring the very first hotel and trying to find the flashlight. It got much better when I wasn't stumbling around in pitch black horror.

animal crossing, scared of that debt

Does Amnesia ever stop being a shitty castle with the same enemies?

I really enjoyed the first hour, but by the third hour I just found myself wondering "does anything else happen?" The environments got really repetitive, even a change in color palette would be nice.

So is there much for me to like to look forward to or does it basically stay the same?

Condemned criminal origins

SH2 is easily the MILDEST Silent Hill game out of the originals.

SH1 and 3 shit all over it in terms of pure horror.

>Does Amnesia ever stop being a shitty castle with the same enemies?
No.

Penumbra is far superior in every single way

>yfw

Game aren't scary, just tense because you might lose a few hours worth of progress

Except Silent Hill, that shits just depressingly scary

man, RE2 scared the shit out of me DESU

I'm playing through it again on my HTC vive.
It's not fun but I can't stop.

I played through Silent Hill 2 without too much fuss, I thought it was more interesting than it was scary.

Silent Hill 3, however, was fucking terrifying for me. I never even beat it because it would spook me so hard I'd have to stop playing. I love Vincent though, he's such a sleezebag. "Monsters? They look like monsters to you?" has to be the best line in a SH game.

Are you a woman by any chance, because Silent Hill 3 scares the shit outta every girl I know and both of them didn't find the exclusive-men's dilemma known as Silent Hill 2 scary either

minecraft scared me the first time i payed it desu beacuse i was fucking alone in my fucking house

>and the aliens in GTA V
Fuck off, retard.

as a child so much this

yes, hes generally referred to as the "penis monster"

>ctrl+f
oh thank god, i fucking LOVED this game. seriously appreciated the phone as a light as well, this is a no brainer for scary points. nobody would just have a flashlight in a survival situation

you have to be 18 to post here

cry of fear's plot is pretty cringey at times but its also by far the best silent hill ripoff, mainly 2. the apartments are almost a direct rip. my favorite part has to be the forest, leading into the asylum, leading to the lake section just as dawn is breaking. perfect atmosphere.

Fatal frame 1 was the scariest game of all time.

>october is almost here
>comfy fall atmosphere and cool weather will finally come
>perfect time to play some horror games

too bad the horror genre is dead, RIP Silent Hills forever and ever

I am, but don't hit on me silly boys.

Same. SH2 scared me but I could play it by myself in the dark no problem. Tried playing sh3 alone and I damn near had a panic attack.

There's just SOMETHING about it. The atmosphere is just so deeply unsettling, no other horror can compete.

And thats not even counting the jump scares.

>that mirror with the freezing reflection

>the best horror comes from games that aren't even supposed to be scary
>I don't play horror games but I want to feel included: The Opinion
Why is there always one loser who says this at the start of every horror thread? It simply isn't true. That horror you get from those games is ill-planned, poorly executed, amateur crap which is only scary because you weren't expecting it. It's like saying Toy Story is the scariest movie of all time because it has a jumpscare in it.

This is a really good gem, very atmospheric. Spend the week in a haunted victorian mansion and each night gets progressively spookier.

I'm currently playing through Silent Hill for the first time. The school was bad, but it gets so much worse.

not that user but unexpected horror can be quite effective. going into a horror game you know to expect every trick in the book, so the impact isnt as big as if you encounter a spooky moment in a game where you weren't expecting such elements.

spookys jump scare mansion, free on steam

oh hey that's me after a summer in the mancave

Dead Space could've been sort of interesting if Isaac had actually managed to make contact with a chunk of Marker that had been stuck in his head and began to communicate with the fucking thing ala Penumbra: Black Plague

what a shame visceral didn't rip that off.

I don't get freaked out by horror games, so Banjo Kazooie.

I'm afraid of heights and Click Clock Woods is just too much for me.

I haven't played 1 yet, but 3 is really super similar to Obscure: The Aftermath with the camera angles it uses and the enemy designs. Plus the blaring industrial noise and bucketloads of ammo also make it feel like more of an action game. I'm not saying it's bad but it was really hard for me to take it seriously after that other game.

I had to watch someone else play this but it seems super interesting. I'm just the worst in the world at adventure games, just opening the glass case is the kind of thing that would take me 10 minutes because I'm trying to use different tools or myself when the solution is actually way more obvious.

I made it to the last level of Condemned. I walked in the house, started to follow the crazy writings around it.

I lost my will and never finished.

PT

>Okay guys tell me honestly which is the scariest game you ever played?
ur mum

seconding this, but instead giving it the title for one of the most unsettling and uncomfortable games ive played

Can agree
Halo and the flood. I've never expected some shit like that

Just about anything with a good atmosphere and even jumpscares scare the fuck out of me. I'm pretty easily scared unfortunately.

Lots of spookyish games can be scary if you play at night in the dark with headphones on. But for me specifically:
>Silent Hill 1-4
>Penumbra games
>Amnesia: Dark Descent
>REmake
>Cry of Fear (HL mod)

Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Outlast and Clock Tower

>I haven't played 1 yet,
...so what, you played 3, the direct sequel, before the original game, that's also the best fucking title in the series??

WHY do people do this shit?

Doom 3
I was too scared to finish it.

P.T. if it counts. I couldnt even watch it on youtube mid fucking day without getting extremely paranoid.

They weren't selling it. I didn't get a ps2 until the thing was out the door for next gen consoles. Never got the PS1 because loading times that turned me off from disc based games for the longest time.

this. and the next game made by the same guys, Cry of Fear.

Silent Hill 2-3, though that's probably nostalgia. I genuinely love those games though.

In terms of modern horror, probably Alien: Isolation or Outlast. Really enjoyed SOMA too.

>SOMA
my goty 2015 after bloodborne. fucking loved it, so happy to see frictional doing well after its release and working on more projects

>inb4 simon was ignorant hurr

Might just as well start playing them from the start, on your PC now:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.

NOTHING about Silent Hill 1-3 is mere "nostalgia". They are pure fucking art at its finest, and literally one of the most beautiful and atmospheric horror games ever created.

They also shit on all modern "horror" games.

This game spooked the shit out of me, still does too.
>Bonehoard
>Return to cathedral

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.

You could also try the new PGXP emulator, that adds Perspective Correction to PS1 textures.

>that daggerfall skeleton audio mod
>walk into a crypt
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=qaIOaE7Mg9Y

Fuck those jailers dude fr. It took me so long to figure out how they lowered your health.

SH2 for how well crafted it is, PT for how well it nails the atmosphere. before you learn the mechanics of Lisa turning around the coner is so terrifying. and it still is even after you understand how to manipulate her spawns.

how is this game?
always see it for cheap at a local game store's bargain bin and thought about getting it

Simon did kind of get on my nerves. How much more do you need to be beat over the head with it? It took a lot out of the ending for me.

it's an action game with jumpscares. has the Resident Evil "oh shit enemies are coming at me and i have no ammo" type of 'horror'. nothing psychological or groundbreaking there.

Great game kino man. It has a good story and the atmosphere is pretty spoopy, especially the areas outside. Great monster design and voice acting too. The sequel will never the the respect it deserves.

>Cry of Fear
That's not the game that opens with a scary head, screaming directly into your face at top volume, as the first "Scare", is it? I dropped it right then, because if that's the best first impression they could come up with, then the game was clearly shit.

siren blood curse

>not knowing the lore
FLAT SCANS
L
A
T

S
C
A
N
S

Am I allowed to say Fnaf? The first one is masterfully executed, particularly the foxy "running down the hallway" thing as it completely breaks the rules of the game that things won't move on camera. I know everyone knows how it actually works now but when the game was new watching the cameras was really tense.

youtu.be/aaaFpKqUGAc?t=5m26s

System Shock 2

A close second is some recent VR experiences. Not even horror, just that 'presence' thing, and forgetting that objects aren't real and won't actually collide with you.

Really great game with good gameplay and strong lore. Enemies are all modeled after different forms of execution. If you like third person shooters, horror games, or prison games, you'll love it. Even better if you're like me and enjoy all three. I fucking love The Suffering.

Penumbra was really good

Actually it's better than Amnesia. People just played that one first, but Penumbra does a lot of things better, even the ambience.

I like the suffering because it reminds me of that movie where an electric man would travel from prison through TV radiowaves and kill people

Haven't seen it myself, but Google says it might be a movie called Prison.

>No one mentioning scariest game

The Fatal Frame/Silent Hill games are my favorite of all time and a recent favorite is Spooky's House

no it's Shocker by Wes Craven

Fucking skinheads in Uncharted 1

Penumbra 2 is legit a great game with a unique setting and great story/atmosphere. First one was more of a proof of concept, and it's a shame there was never a 3rd one.

Fug

I haven't seen a lot of anticipation for the sequel on here, but I'm honestly looking forward to it. Going to appreciate those Texas Chainsaw vibes.

Probably Silent Hill, but mostly because its the only one I played when I was young enough to actually get scared.

>cruising through a lava tube in my submarine
>hear giant roar from behind
>suddenly sub is knocked upside down
>look over and see this

I tend to avoid scary games because I'm a pussy.

But I watched some of Alien: Isolation and I was legit anxious as hell even when I wasn't at the controls.

it's not scary.

You literally never feel anxious or tense unless the alien is around.

But when that nigger is around?

hope to fucking god you're in a good hiding spot

x18 was the scariest thing I'd seen in years, I had no idea that the poltergeists were even a thing and actually assumed they were anomalies so I avoided them, and that just made it even more scary because I had no idea what was causing shit to get flung at me or if it was an environmental thing with the lab or what. When I realized how it all worked it became one of many things that made me love the game.

good taste my nigga

Killer7.

Fucking invisible kamikazi bastards who yell loud enough to break your speakers.

The suffering.
The suffering 2.
You were tough as shit but they still managed to be scary. None of that weak protag bullshit.
Games like amnesia and outlast have popularised the idea that for things to be spoopy you must not be able to fight back.
The suffering was spooky cos of the journals and world building stuff you'd find.
The lore on the monsters, the creepy ghosts like the rapist in 2.

See
One of my favourite games of ALL time.
My absolute favourite horror.
Some replayability too cos depending on your actions you get various different abilities and endings.
Sequel adds a lot of good features and controls vastly better.
In general isn't as spooky but still has amazing moments such as a creepy prison phone call and horrible ghosts that show up occasionally.

"you pick it up, and put it in your purse"

Resident Evil as a 10 year old.

Stalker games are the only games that scare me. It's like actual game induced fear. Not this jump scare crap.

>Going into ANY of the labs at night
>Have ATMOSFEAR installed with pitch black nights

God never again

When you say "Not fun", do you mean unenjoyable from a gameplay standpoint? Or pantshittingly unnerving?

Silent Hill 3. That game had disturbing enemies, the soundtrack was scary as fuck and had enough of jump scares that were far enough between that they'd catch me almost everytime.

Silent Hill 2 was also scary but no where near the pants shitting horror of 3.

Does this game run well on modern PCs? I played a demo years ago and was really drawn in but it ended up going below my radar by the time it released. Really want to give it a shot now.

>silent hills essentially ded
>new resident evil is now a playable movie game

I pirated them recently and they ran fine. Haven't tried on win10.
Sucks my OG xbox with both games got stolen, it's hard to find them now.

It's not a penis, you tards, it's an umbilical cord. Some people call it the penis monster because gamers are immature faggots.

>Condemned
Right there man, playing it on a CRT with perfect light levels, went into the game blind never quite knew if the game was psychological or legitimately supernatural so I was always in constant edge wondering what would happen next.
The game has actual combat but even then it still managed to make me feel incredibly vulnerable.
Only horror game I had to stop because I got too tense and needed a breather.

I don't know honestly. Games hardly scare me these days. The one that made me feel the thrills and massive paranoia at some points was Alien: isolation, probably simply because of the brilliant save system.

It's because it catches you off guard; you aren't expecting those kind of spooks. On the other hand, horror games are advertised as such, and how often they try to spook adds on to the immunity. How do we fix this problem? Sell horror games advertised as not?

play pilot wings

Just beat Silent Hill for the first time last night. Man it kept me on edge all the way up to the end. The way the game constantly fucks with you or puts you ill at ease is amazing. Also amazing: how much detail is put into the environments - everything feels real and lived in.

>walk out of a door or hole somewhere
>suddenly you're in nowhere
>mfw everytime

the forest actually got surprisingly spooky when you die the first time and wake up in that cave with all the bodies

Subnautica.
While it's not necessarily a horror game, if you have a phobia of deep open water the game is a fucking nightmare. I have to take a break every couple of minutes when exploring a new area, and I have to stay in my seabase when it's night time.

>walk into new zone
>one enemy looking for you as you find or activate 3 things
>get caught by enemy--scratch marks on screen, not even insta-death

It had some decent atmosphere going for it, but it's the most cliched horror game and just had too much repetition.

Before the nest I was a boy.
After the nest I was Schwarzenegger in Predator.

He's just fishing for epic up votes.

Does anyone else get scared by Alan Wake a lot more than anyone should? Maybe it's because for whatever reason the PC version is hard.

That one fucking task which stops the games pacing dead in it's tracks.
Yes, pls open every single container in the game to find candles.
Opened that before? Doesn't matter open it again, but the game won't tell you about it, of course, so you are stuck fucking about house for 5 hours.

I want to get into stalker games, but every time it's like an impossible task. With all patches addons and, it feels like the stalker game starts even before you install it.

I feel like Stalker SOC got ruined by elitism desu, I played it back when there was only a few options for mods and before people started really trashing the Complete mods for ruining the game by making it too easy or whatever.
Complete 2009 was a perfect game, had the graphics upgrades that the game desperately needed, and you could just set difficulty to max and disable the crosshair for maximum immersion. I feel your pain on that, I really wouldn't even know how to set up Stalker now for the "proper" experience.

>search game on youtube
>every video shows some faggot making a screaming face with the game in the background

Fatal Frame 3 is better than 2 but no one played it so they all default to saying 2 is the best when its not

Undertale