Good Games that go Un-noticed

What hidden gems have you guys found recently (Or maybe not so recently)?

Steam, GOG, consoles, or even mobile crap. Anything.

I'll go first. I've got two games to shill.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/469920/
store.steampowered.com/app/426790/
store.steampowered.com/app/368340/
store.steampowered.com/app/206190/
store.steampowered.com/app/390730/
store.steampowered.com/app/324470/
store.steampowered.com/app/250260/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I played Grow Up maybe a month or so ago, and that was pretty good. I never expected Grow Home to get a sequel, and I didn't see anybody really talking about it at all so I thought it might be kinda shit.

Other than being a little worse-performing, it was a pretty fine game. I enjoyed the ability to explore an entire tiny planet and, while the upgrades to the little robot you play as trivialized the plants that you otherwise would use to navigate the landscape, I liked how fun they were to use. The jet-glider was a really fun addition.

Hack mud

The other game was CrossCode, which was also really nice. I find it unfortunate that I found out about ti so late because it's the exact kind of game that I would want to back (it was crowdfunded).

Anyway, it really scratched my itch for a fun Action RPG in a neat sci-fi setting.

Unfortunately, it's an Early Access title, so there's not really much in the way of story (there's about maybe 10 hours of story currently narrated and implemented), though a large portion of the dungeons are finished, with a new one set to be patched in next update (which will be in a few days).

Another thing I really enjoyed was that it gave me a sort of top-down version of a Metroidvania feel. There was a lot of jumping on bizarre geometry to get to ledges that would let you get to other ledges that would let you turn on switches to lower barriers to let you hit a projectile switch to let you do x and y and so on and so forth. It's not really a map completion sort of deal, though, but it is rather fun to explore, which I found pretty nice.

Action elements are solid. The combo system is somewhat basic, but combines well with your dashing ability and special moves that you can do, so that's good.

Game's also got some pretty cute girls.

I LOVE CHIAKI!!!!!!!!!!

This one? store.steampowered.com/app/469920/

Looks neat. Was a little roundabout to find the link to it because of the full width characters but I'll check it out.

Hey buddy, hands off the waifu. She's mine.

put it down

Grim Dawn

People just passed it as another Diablo clone, I typically hate these types of games but this is really fun.

Both of you shut the fuck up.

Lovely Planet is pretty comfy and actually challenging, but probably the extremely simplistic graphics turn some people off.

Oh and I guess I should post the links to the games, too.

store.steampowered.com/app/426790/
store.steampowered.com/app/368340/

Oh yeah and there was also Gunpoint, which was pretty good. I played that about four months ago. Small cheesy Cyberpunkish game about a wronged detective framed for murder with Kenyan-level athletic jumping ability. Levels were pretty difficult. Basically the gameplay was just planning jump arcs, hacking, shooting people (if that's your style), and these small phone segments where you text people back and forth and have a few dialogue options.

store.steampowered.com/app/206190/

Battle Brothers. I've probably put close to 100 actual playing hours into it. The basics of it is you run a mercenary band, but it's fun as hell.

I got this when it came out. One of the few games I enjoyed getting all the achievements for. Helped it was a short list and I wasn't even aware some of those things were possible.

Looks neat, but the visual presentation looks like it would wear on you after a while. Too much gray, brown, and dark green.

What keeps you coming back?

Some time ago I picked up Sora. If you guys know 100% OJ, those guys also made a lot of shmups beforehand. Sora was one of them. I actually really enjoyed this game. I'm not sure what really got me thinking that I should play it, since I'm not really into games like this all that much, but it was really fun.

It is unmistakably a very different kind of game from a regular bullet hell, though. Bullet hells usually require fine motor skills and precision, while Sora gives you a dash that makes you selectively invincible to some attacks but more vulnerable when you DO get hit. A lot of neat mechanics in this one, including your three weapons which are all really fun to play with, and your limit breaks which are all weapon-unique.

The only thing is that it has a somewhat scatterbrained story, though that's not exactly important in a shmup, so don't worry about that. It's a bit of a slow start if you're a shitter and can't earn weapons very quickly, but when you do earn them, it really freshens the game up.

store.steampowered.com/app/390730/

Simple, comfy game
store.steampowered.com/app/324470/

It just scratches a good itch for me with the rpg-ish leveling, turn based combat, buying better armor, etc. Not sure I can really explain it properly what brings me back.

Looks neat. Cheap enough that I just bought it. I've been wanting a decent simple, fast movement-based platformer.

Started playing Tri recently after just letting it sit in my Steam library for a long ass time.
It's like Portal or Anti-chamber, a first person puzzle platformer with a gimmick gun.
In Tri, first you get the ability to create platforms, triangles specifically, as long as the vertices are connected to existing geometry, then you get the ability to stick to triangles with orientations close to your current position. This lets you walk up walls or across ceilings. Then you get to use your triangles to reflect light.
Anyway, game is 15 levels long and with the exception of the incredibly (and ironically, as it's a level that the game's 2 designers worked together on) bland first level they're all really well designed with plenty of smartly hidden secrets.

Jazzpunk was pretty alright, if a little grating.
store.steampowered.com/app/250260/

Just pray you don't get stuck not knowing what to do next. The game's environments and aesthetics wear on rather quickly. As long as you know what to do every time you go somewhere new, you're fine.

Do you know if the sequel is any good?

Stop posting shitty PC only meme games.

Gotta Protectors is a super charming 3DS game that sorta plays like a top-down dynasty warriors. It's not quite as good as Protect Me Knight but it's like that game but blown up into a bigger thing, way fun with friends and they don't need a copy of the game to play.
Also the music is done by Yuzo Koshiro the guy who did the Streets of Rage and Etrian Odyssey soundtracks and developed by Ancient, which is a studio run by his mom.

>the music is done by Yuzo Koshiro

Fucking sold

I would love to post some nice, obscure, fun Vita games, but they don't exist. Unless I just haven't heard of them.

Do you have some gripe or something?

Comes out tomorrow.

not vita exclusive but Growlanser 4 is painfully underrated for how good it is

I don't think that Haydee is a very obscure game.
Cred Forums has had threads about it on and off for the past month or so. Besides, we don't know if it will be good or not, which would disqualify it as a hidden gem, anyway.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

tetris

Just found out that Naruto had a series of these games. I must've been living under a rock to not know about it.
Makes me wish I played the earlier games back when the series was running because I'm having a lot of fun.

YOU can fucking kill yourself, my man.

Consoles barely have any exclusives now, so it's even harder for obscure games to even exist in the first place.

I think DustForce got a Vita port.
That's pretty obscure.

who do you main in multiplayer? Nagato is still broken as fuck from the previous games, I love it

You're going to forgive me. right?

It's not obscure for Cred Forums. I think most people on this board have heard of Dustforce.

Some of the games in this thread I don't even think I've ever SEEN a single thread about.

I meant the fact that it has a Vita port is obscure more than the game itself is.

>tittytoons