Snowbound

Snowbound

Yes

i actually enjoyed that map

A "we trigger Cred Forums thread?" Again?

POST MORE ASCENSION

PLEASE

good old underground peekaboo

VETO CHEETO DORITO

"VETO VETO VETO VETO"

GUARDIAN

GO GUARDIAN

Remember when they removed the shields from the doors cause people couldn't stop fucking up

you mean the shield door shuffle

did they? that was the only fun thing about that map.
>faggot hiding on the opposite side waiting
>pop though and punch him
>he swings a sticky at you but you're already back through
>it bounces off and sticks to his chest

>You must text-to-speech all posts in this thread

this so hard, but it hardly ever got vetoed

I refused to just because it was always an obnoxious 10 year old screaming it and they'd cry about it the rest of the match
>he's on the other team
>hear him coming because he's still complaining over proximity mic

I never vetoed cause i was an anarchist

don't you mean plasma shield seesaw?

Fucking garbage map triggered my PTSD ,playing that trash in 50 high doubles was a mess.

UNDISPUTABLE TIER LIST OF HALO 3 MAPS

>GOD TIER

VALHALLA
GUARDIAN
AVALANCHE
SANDTRAP

>RAD AS FUCK TIER

SNOWBOUND
HIGH GROUND
EPITAPH
CONSTRUCT

>PRETTY NEAT TIER

FOUNDRY
THE PIT
STANDOFF
LAST RESORT

>GOOD TIER

EVERYTHING ELSE

>SHIT TIER

ORBITAL

>VETO TIER

GHOST TOWN

ALL OTHER OPINIONS ARE NOT WORTH MENTIONING

HAVE A NICE DAY

Remember when did the games have a splitscreen ?? Halo had a goob multiplayer. now Halo go to fuck off!!!

>Valhalla
>Avalanche
>God tier
I bet your favorite Halo was reach and your high skill was 25 with 2k+ social matches.

VETO VETOOOOO

Wasn't that bad, Halo 3 Blood Gulch was worse.

Yeah i agree, Halo was goob as fuck. Helo 3 was big goob. Halo greater than 3 fuck of

salty ghost town fag detected. Avalanche is literally the best map for almost any game type, especially Objective or BTB.

my favorite halo is 3

vetobound

press x to bound

I believe the technical term was side-door whack-a-mole

Those maps are only good for BTB. It's retarded to play 5v5 or 4v4 on giant turd maps.
Also
>Orbital in shit tier.
You were definitely a BK.

I love Halo maps because when I got good at them I was almost completely unstoppable on my own. Snowbound was a map on which I didn't lose, ever.

The first THREE games in the Halo series are quite simply the best map design ever made, only matched by Counter Strike. Utterly fucking incredible, and definitely ahead of their time. Nothing else is anywhere near that quality. Almost every map is a masterpiece.

>The era of maps designed around power weapons is over

Gears of War have a good splitscreen and the IA is good. Why not Halo something similar?? campaign get out the splitscreen!! whatever stupid enough to play alone in 4k not deserve to have friends playing in the room

For Halo 3, which is my least favorite in the first 3 games in terms of maps:

god tier:
-the pit (perfect choke points and ability to dominate)
-high ground (excellent gameplay)
-epitaph (my favorite Halo 3 map, utterly flawless for tight, controlled gameplay)

Great tier:
-assembly (a good map, honestly underrated)
-sandtrap (amazing epic exploration and warfare with vehicles and various areas of conflict)
-narrows (perfect fast play, excellent for basic skills and mechanics)
-last resort (already in Halo 2 was perfected so not god tier)
-snowbound (excellent warfare though not my favorite in this list)

Overrated tier:
-valhalla (blood gulch is 10000X better than this abomination)

Shit tier:
-isolation (horrible and never fun in any way)

>only matched by Counter Strike

You mean "de_dust2: the game"?

Fuck 343 desu

>when you know the map layouts and player flow trends so well you can call out what medals you're about to get
>when you catch the enemy unawares just by going against the flow so many times that you are able to catch them unawares trying to use the same tricks on you next round

Real talk something that bothered the fuck out of me about Halo 3 was how they didn't change the Hayabusa armor unlock requirement.

I got it when that shit was actually somewhat difficult. I did Vidmaster 4-player co-op on iron with everyone in ghosts at least 4 times, but everyone else could just buy one dlc and complete the story.

Good taste. It would be patrician if you had added Guardian to great tier.
The Pit is undoubtedly the best map in the entire series.

Honestly, if you don't enjoy big maps even in 1 V 1 I doubt you're the kind of Halo guy that I am.

I loved playing the old Halo 1 just on these huge maps with my bro. Snipers and shit, always was epic as fuck.

That ain't shit compared to how salty I was when I grinded that tedious ODST vidmaster to unlock recon, only for it to be gifted to everyone a few years later.
I remember it froze on us twice like 2+ hours in.

I did that shit too nigger, that 4 player firefight achievement was a bitch too.

Best Halo Maps EVER Pt 1 not in exact order:

God Tier:

Zanzibar [Halo 2] - this map is a genuine work of art. Only those who have played it enough will understand the genius here. Mind boggling work. The spinning bar, the turrets, the various choke points, the warthogs, the entrances and switches… everything is put to use. There is no area which is not useful and each area remains mysterious even when you know the map. The various activities can make anything happen.

Headlong [Halo 2] - many people forget this map. How fucked up is that? this map is GENIUS. My favorite map in the whole Halo series probably. The buildings with interiors, the various small areas in the surrounding and the vehicular possibilities make this map utterly fascinating with new experiences every single time. Compare that to something like Counter Strike where the chokepoints are always the same, or Battlefield where it’s just random fucking chaos. these maps are literal genius when you compare them to those games.

Ivory Tower [Halo 2] - genius. Tied for my first favorite map. Too good for words or explanation, really. A work of art.

Battle Creek [Halo 1] / Beaver Creek [Halo 2] - another tie for favorite map. Everything best about Halo map design in one tight package. Manages to make a small map feel like a huge, probability and possibility filled wonderland of warfare. Always new, always fun, and always strategic. Fast, yet thoughtful. Skill based, yet intellectual. Mysterious, inventive, and unique. Genius.

Blood Gulch / Coagulation - no need to go into it. Everyone already knows.

Hang Em High [Halo 1] - masterpiece of simplicity, yet tactical intrigue. Personal favorite. Love the interior area, towers, and pistol bitches.

Pt 2:

9/10 Tier:

Lockout [Halo 2] / Guardian [Halo 3] - another example of genius small play map design. That fucking lift with the two side spots. Those buildings on each end. That underground area. And the middle area, and grenades. God, grenade usage on levels like this… when you got good, unstoppable.

Foundation [Halo 2] - if you know, you know. OG Zombies. before it was a ruleset.

Boarding Action [Halo 1] - tied with Sidewinder for most underrated map ever in a Halo game. Forgotten by many, yet genius for what it offers. The thought behind the idea of this map really does inspire so much. So many falling deaths, so much silence and sneaking, so much peeking on your little brother’s screen.

Sidewinder [ Halo 1] - another phenomenal and mysterious map which has strangely gone forgotten by many, yet offered as many excellent times as Blood Gulch. This map is every bit as incredible and intelligent as Blood Gulch, especially the fortresses at each end offering snipe areas. It confuses why this has been forgotten. How much time did we spend trying to ascend those forts with the lifts, tanks waiting outside, battalions in constant motion? Or sneaking around in the middle area invisible or shielded? Epic, long term flag transfers. Planning. really, do they make them like this anymore? Not to mention even small scale sniping games were always enjoyable.

Home
Least it was before I fucked everything up

Pt 3:

8/10 Tier:

Chill out [Halo 1] - underrated, always fun, and very fast paced map which like many others has been bizarrely forgotten.

Damnation [Halo 1] - another confusingly forgotten map which offered always excellent gameplay and considerably interesting intrigue

Ascension [Halo 2] - frankly, I wanted to place this higher, in 9/10 tier, though I have to say that in retrospect I can’t quite put it up with the others. It’s more like an 8.8. It’s almost a 9. Obviously it’s not that it’s bad, it’s just that I like the other ones that much more than Ascension. Though Ascension is still a masterpiece, and in any other game it would blow them out of the water. The fact that I even have to say this is a sign of just how good the other maps are.

Longest [Halo 1] - flat out underrated. brilliant and inventive design with a top floor, bottom floor, and narrow area in which you must navigate intelligently or DIE. most control at each end with intelligence being used. Amazing for rockets game mode.

Midship [Halo 2] - honestly, this could either be extremely fun or kind of shit, though I’ll just say that for the most part this map was genius when you got good at it. Those lifts, shotguns. Swords.
7/10 Underrated Tier:

Colossus [Halo 2] - the one with the containers that drop, actually a phenomenal map, more like an 8 but not as good as those, not quite.

Rat Race [Halo 1] - P good

Burial Mounds [Halo 2] - the one with the turret in the desert and the ghosts driving around, also using warthogs to smash through the gates to get in. Excellent map.

Containment [Halo 2] - one of the bonus maps, actually was pretty fun the few times i got to play it. scaling the building and exploring, good shit.

Waterworks [Halo 2] - largely forgotten but pretty fun
The only original Halo 3 maps I’d be strongly inclined to include would be Epitaph [9.5/10], Sandtrap [8.7/10], and perhaps Narrows [8/10].

Veto

I didn't veto cause I wanted to mow people down in the mongoose.

Was the first map I ever played in the Halo 3 beta on a FFA gametype. I went 35/3 to victory by the time the round was over.

I was a one man rape force. The rest of the Halo 3 beta was fantastic, but that match will always be memorable for me.

MA5C a best in Halo 3 beta.

8v8 Assault and CTF on Avalanche were the best things you could do on Halo 3

Great map but only when the shields are _on

9 years ago today.

I never played the beta, so my first match was on guardian. I sucked but I still remember the day I bought live for the first time. Good times.

that beta was amazing.
>tfw spartan laser in the final game no longer shot people halfway across the map
that was my favorite thing about the beta, that and beatdowns tossing fuckers ten feet

home
'least it was

veto veto veto fuck fuck fuck

ghost town was essentially rust or any other small spawnfuck map in CoD

>Now traveling to Garibaldi.

i'm underground with the shotgun, what you gonna do?

Foundry was good because of the shit you could make in it in Forge

Finally, a halo thread that isn't filled with BKs