What were his motives?

What were his motives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
youtu.be/5zGj8FqpWf4?t=900
gamesradar.com/zero-escape-past-present-and-future/
nintendoeverything.com/zero-escape-creator-on-origins-and-making-zero-time-dilemma-series-as-a-whole-more/
virtueslastreward.com/qahome/
youtube.com/watch?v=LUneNc_dnm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mind fucc lol

Complex.

Did you vote for best game? I didn't.

Fuck no.

This game only deserves the "Most Disappointing" game award.

Life is simply unfair

>2016
>having a garbage opinion

It deserves the best meme award.

What made ZTD such a meme game? 999 and VLR weren't meme games, why is ZTD so different?

despair

meme villain.
Why do you think the two main memes are MINDHACC and COMPLEX?

999 and VLR had some memes here and there. It's just that ZTD had many more memes because some of the scenes and concepts in the game were just stupid.

To make his parents fuck so he would exist, and also to make sure the world was saved from the terrorist.

I'm going to shift into Junpei's body so I can marry Akane!

But that's not how alien fax machine works.

He wasn't just going to poof if he never created the decision game.

It's difficult to boil the reason down to one word.

It's... difficult to boil the reason down to one single word.

Just take my hand and we'll be off!

ayyylmao

youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU

Still the best thing to come out of the game

>No Delta spin-off trilogy showing you his complex motives.

So someone explain to me this "complex motives" and "mind hack" meme, it seems like something juicy but I don't understand at all.

Did you play ZTD?

No. I haven't played the other 2 games either. I know I probably should but I'm lazy and don't have the time

It's difficult to boil the meme down to one word...

You should really have played the games before wandering in here. If you are too lazy to play the games, here is the reason:
The memes make fun of ZTD's climax

If you play the games, play the first two. Play the third game if you want to learn why a lot of people on Cred Forums were disappointed.

>MGSV
>DR3
>ZTD

Why is this happening? When did "lol just turn your brain off bro" become acceptable?

I don't see the problem with it.

Who accepted it?

So can we all agree it wasn't Uchikoshi's fault, but rather Spike Chunsoft's for ZTD turning out the way it did? It's pretty obvious Uchi was forced to casualize it to appeal to more people.

Do you think with the abysmal ZE sales in Japan, SC just decided to say "Okay Uchi. ZE3 is greenlit. Do what you want with it."

I guarantee you there was a compromise. They knew players in the West would buy it no matter what. So they told him he had to appeal to more people to increase sales in Japan.

Uchi even said Sigma was originally the protag and it would be a continuation of VLR. The fact that he changed it to 3 brand new protag's probably had to do with what the higher-ups told him.

I thought it was Chime who developed the game.

Spike Chunsoft only published it.

>So can we all agree it wasn't Uchikoshi's fault
People will harshly disagree with you on that. Some on Cred Forums think Uchikoshi is a hack.

As for myself, I don't know what happened to ZTD. Not sure if it was all because of Uchikoshi or if Spike Chunsoft heavily intervened. All I know is that ZTD ended up being dissatisfying.

>hue hue gib birth to me or i mind hacc u
>fuck off retard
>hue hue mind hack
>eric shoots him

You're right. But I'm talking about before the game went into development. Spike Chunsoft still owns Zero Escape, so they probably only allowed Uchikoshi to make it if he changed it to appeal to new players.

Which is why the title was changed (in Japan). And a new art style. New protagonists. Short, simple explanations for plot points rather than the really long, scientific ones. Most plot points from previous games dropped (Clover and Alice, Ice-9, SIOS, Left, the Myrmidons, etc.).

Even the plot twists in VLR, as ridiculous as they were, made some kind of sense considering it was backed by all of the pseudoscience and shit. But casuals don't care about that, which is why ZTD plot points were "aliens" and "complex motives."

The way I interpret it, SCS would have told Chime to develop the game but I'm guessing SCS wrote up the story, wrote up some requirements to how they envisioned ZTD would look and told Chime to build a game based on that.

Yeah, the way the game just handwaves 'lol aliens built this awesome fax machine and we happened to find it' never really sat right with me.

>remember carlos going full super saiyan

What the fuck were they thinking

Yeah. I really doubt Uchikoshi would pull that shit.

I mean, I'm not necessarily saying he wouldn't use aliens as a plot device. He might. But if he did, he would have a long flashback with tons of exposition and it would be much more believable.

Meanwhile AA6 is fantastic as fuck

DR3 has been better that ZTD atleast, sure, the brainwashing is just a dissapointing as MINDHACK, but atleast it make sense

ALRIGHT ANONS WHICH ONE OF YOU BASTARDS KILLED MIRA

>kamen rider seanbot doing anime attacks
>SHIFTing looks like some anime power up instead of just happening
>super saiyan Carlos
>SEANBOT BREAKS THE FUCKING WALL AND THERE'S BRICKS THERE EVEN THOUGH BREAKING THE WALL LATER SHOWS ITS ALL SCREENS
That entire scene was fucking retarded.

Uchi

There was a time when we thought we'd never get a ZE3

And then it came out and everyone was only disappointed

Would you have rather we had not gotten it at all? I'd prefer to think of what could have been rather than what was

user, I'm sorry, but it was 100% Uchi's fault.

I'm tired and don't want to pull up all the threads we've had about this, but he's admitted as much.

Don't get me wrong, Spike isn't completely free of blame, but we got the meme game we got because Uchi's a fucking hack.

>he's admitted as much
How so? Please elaborate.

>So can we all agree it wasn't Uchikoshi's fault, but rather Spike Chunsoft's for ZTD turning out the way it did?

So it's SC's fault the game had shit writing and not the writer's fault?

Let me guess, MGSV was also Konami's fault and muh Kojima dindunuffin

Reposting.

Again. It's been almost a month and a half since I've had to bring this up.

>Reposting, because fuck this game and Hackoshi.

>Brought to you from previous posts, user presents:

>Uchi succumbing to his ever present madness.

>"Uchi made VLR and ZTD's story together originally, and finished ZTD's story in 2013.

>After VLR released, the series went on a 4 year hiatus.

>When the series got resurrected last year, he remade the whole story (with only the bare skeleton intact) because he thought he'd be bored writing scenarios since he had already known the overall plot and conclusion for so long.

>And then he decided to have two other writers write the scenarios for C-Team and Q-Team anyways."

>Sources:
>youtu.be/5zGj8FqpWf4?t=900
>gamesradar.com/zero-escape-past-present-and-future/
>nintendoeverything.com/zero-escape-creator-on-origins-and-making-zero-time-dilemma-series-as-a-whole-more/

Z-Zero!

DAMN BRATS STOP BULLSHITTING ME

Uchi only wrote 1/3 of the game though.

Yeah I know he changed the story. But he even said the story's "skeleton" was the same. He probably just changed the scenarios and the way some things played out. Or at least that's what it seems like, because some of the major plot points were already hinted at in VLR.

Gab

>Most Disappointing
>The same year No Man's Multiplayer comes out

fucking christ user

Gab!

people didn't wait 4 years for NMS

If you hang out on Cred Forums, you probably already knew not to get excited for No Man's Sky. ZTD already had the "almost didn't get made" story and given Uchi's track record and the game premise, people were excited for some closure.

(You)

Uchi fucked everything up by himself.

>Story Fuck Up
Previously linked post explains what he did to fuck it up.

>Cinematic Look and Graphic Glitches Everywhere
Uchi's fault. Uchi enjoyed all the Telltale games, and thought that Americans liked it (they do) and that it was popular, so he pitched the Cinematic angle to his higher ups, and they said sure. Then he proceeded to spend 90% of his fucking shoestring budget on awful fucking character models.

>Making the game "Accessible to a new audience"
Uchi also wanted to bring in a new audience and make his new game more accessible. THIS is what made him switch from Sigma being the protagonist to Carlos / Diana / Sean, which had huge story implications. This was Uchi's choice, not Spike's. Everywhere he talks about this, he mentioned that it was his idea.

Everything bad about Zero Time Dilemma was because of Uchi.

You know the ONE thing Spike stepped in and meddled with? They came in and said "make it as violent as you want, and more violent than VLR. It's the last in the trilogy, and Japan doesn't like the game, and American's love violence, so cake it on." Which is exactly what Uchi wanted.

They waited 3. Not that big a difference.

Well yeah, smart people knew not to get excited for it but plenty of retards gobbled that shit up. Just look at the 80 gajillion 'best of E3' awards that piece of shit got. And at least Meme Time Dilemma never promised fucking multiplayer.

>Uchi only wrote 1/3 of the game though.

No, that's wrong.

Uchi only wrote the Scenarios for Team D. He wrote the whole overall story and all the major plot points, which he changed several times.

>But he even said the story's "skeleton" was the same

Him and the other writers have said that only the bare basic skeleton was the same - they even said it's a very different game from what Uchi first wrote. Significant changes happened user, not just basic scenarios. And it shows in the last ending and all the revelations revolving around Brother and the Terrorist.

>They waited 3. Not that big a difference.

It's been 7 years since 999.

Did NMS get built up by 2 previous games?

Were those previous games:
>A GOTY 10/10 material
>A 9.5/10 game with a massive cliffhanger that set up the next game perfectly

No?

Didn't think so.

>Well yeah, smart people knew not to get excited for it but plenty of retards gobbled that shit up. Just look at the 80 gajillion 'best of E3' awards that piece of shit got. And at least Meme Time Dilemma never promised fucking multiplayer.
>And at least Meme Time Dilemma never promised

Allow me to link you to around ~50 or so broken promises from the head writer and developers of Zero Time Dilemma.

virtueslastreward.com/qahome/

The thing is, even if he did change it, he still could have made the suspension of disbelief much better. Why did we get such stupid explanations for plot points compared to what he gave us in 999 and VLR? What the hell happened?

>The thing is, even if he did change it, he still could have made the suspension of disbelief much better.

Completely agree. He changed it from his original story (we can obviously see this with the lack of reasons for clones, the morphogenetic field not being poisoned, the conflicting information that VLR Akane would know, etc. etc.), not of Spike's orders or anyone else's, but because he fucking felt like it. The story's worse for it, and the changes he did make could have been implemented significantly better.

>Why did we get such stupid explanations for plot points compared to what he gave us in 999 and VLR? What the hell happened?

You mean the alien fax machine and other random bullshit? No idea. He's shown he's capable of using foreshadowing and red herrings intelligently, such as with the Titanic and Alice, but apparently he threw that all to the fucking wind with ZTD.

Well there is something to keep in mind. As much as I want to keep calling him Hackoshi (and I will), I at least have to take this into account.

The amount of writers increased as the games went on.

>999
Uchi is the primary and only writer. There's a team of editors and such, but they don't have any influence on Uchi's story points.

>VLR
Uchi is the primary writer, and he has a sub-writer. Sub-writer's primary job is to help keep everything consistent, both within VLR itself and between VLR and ZTD, as the overall plot points of ZTD are being created concurrently with VLR's story. The story is still primarily Uchi's but the sub-writer has a little bit of say in things, primarily again just to keep it consistent.

>ZTD
Uchi is now one of three co-writers, with an additional 2-3 sub-writers. The other co-writers are responsible for very large portions of the game (Team C, Team Q). The Sub-writers are responsible for helping to try to keep things consistent (jesus fuck did they fail) and writing the notes and memos.

ZTD is a niche title from a series that sold like shit in its native country.

No Man's Sky was an 'indie' game that was massively overhyped to the point where some retard actually paid thousands of dollars to get his hands on an advanced copy just so he could experience the disappointment earlier.

The game was such a steaming pile of shit Steam just handed people refunds. A feature which lots and lots of people took advantage of.

ZTD doesn't (and very few other games have) come close to the fucking trainwreck Hello Games shit out.

Uchi is still regularly shitposting on Twatter while Sean Murray and his team hides underground..

There's a big fucking difference between failing to fulfill plot points and lying about a major gameplay feature.

ZTD didn't have a fucking sticker on the back of the box covering up the one that said it had multiplayer functionality.

COMPLEX

I have another power, the power to mindVIBE

This. 999 and VLR had some pretty clever plot twists. ZTD is "Hey, there was an old guy in a wheelchair 15 degrees to the left of the camera the whole time and nobody decided to acknowledge he was there" MIND HACKS

ZTD comes from a studio and a head writer with numerous successes under their belt, several recent, and it was to complete the trilogy of an amazing series.

It sucked miserably and the absolute best reason we have for this is "Uchi got bored".

The only warning signals we got were Uchi saying he wanted to make it welcoming to newcomers (which didn't actually change a lot, and the game sure as fuck is NOT welcoming to anyone who hasn't at least played VLR), and literally less than two weeks before the release date he mentioned to a small Nintendo blog that the story had changed significantly from his original drafts.

NMS comes to us from absolute fucking nobody's whose greatest claim to fame is that their lead developer and head giy was the coding lead for a mediocre game.

It bombed like anyone sensible would have expected.

Warning signs included the fact that it was a group of fucking literally who's working on it, using kickstarter, having stretch goals, numerous delays, huge promises that couldn't conceivably be fulfilled, a ton of "interviews" that were much more like advertisements, and so on.

When ZTD turned out to be shit, everyone was genuinely surprised and we had to turn to the memes to get ANY sense of fulfillment out of it.

When NMS turned out to be shit, literally no one was surprised and everyone just stopped playing it.

ZTD isthe bigger disappointment.

Though I'll definitely give you that NMS was WAY worse in terms of lying considering their multiplayer sticker cover up shit.

>It bombed like anyone sensible would have expected.

You're talkin about NMS, right? Uh, didn't it sell like Hotcakes on Steam and video game stores?

Have you not seen the amount that got returned?

>ZTD didn't have a fucking sticker on the back of the box covering up the one that said it had multiplayer functionality.

That's fair. NMS definitely lied more than ZTD did.

So do we have a breakdown of ZTD's total sales thus far?

I lol'd

>NMS comes to us from absolute fucking nobody's whose greatest claim to fame is that their lead developer and head giy was the coding lead for a mediocre game.

But it did have Sony backing it in marketing. And if there's one thing Sony is good at, it's marketing giant pieces of shit and making retards gobble them up. Just look at the new Ghostbusters.

>using kickstarter, having stretch goals

It never had either of those things though. I think you're mistaking it for Star Citizen or something.

>When NMS turned out to be shit, literally no one was surprised and everyone just stopped playing it.

You forget how many normalfags this industry has now. Again, there was a man so stupid he paid thousands of real life dollars to get an early copy of the game.

While you and others personally feel ZTD was the bigger disappointment, the vast majority would go with NMS. Any 'Most disappointing game 2016' poll is going to end with NMS winning in a landslide.

But how long since VLR? Retard

>more plotholes than VLR
>no rational explanation for the villians motives
>dumbest twists in the series
>aliens and teleporters
>"goddamnit Carlos, its all your fault!"
Need I go on?

You're assuming that the Brother and the Terrorist part is what changed though. I feel like that's the only thing that really stayed the same.

>tfw thats true
when did they explain this again? I forgot

>All Zero Escape threads are shitposting and circlejerks now
>Can't have a fun discussion about the games, be them good or bad or complex
This was the worst twist from ZTD. And I never saw it coming

>people didnt understand the game
W E W
E
W

what do you want to talk about? I'll discuss with you.

When Delta revealed himself for the first time to the player.

Eric was such bullshit though. He didn't want lies, and if you say Zero, that technically isn't a lie on multiple levels. He still spergs out and shoots you though.

It's an inlet into ZE4 where they play a game to stop the fanatic from launching the nuke.

Talk away. What is on your mind?

One of the parts I didn't like in the game is you either had to let the time run out or type i don't know. Mind you this is a game with a lot of password locks.
Another part I hated was you have to go back and vote the same team twice from the vote to get each team individually executed just to open more sections.

>I feel like that's the only thing that really stayed the same.
This is what I think too. People keep saying "it came out of nowhere and there was no foreshadowing!" but I think that was kind of the point. Brother wanting to stop an even bigger threat was the main twist of the story.

To fuck Jack Kirby's wife.

youtube.com/watch?v=LUneNc_dnm4

Yeah, that part with Eric tricked me too. That shit stopped my progress for a little while because I had no idea what to type in. I think it was the only place where you could skip typing something in during the whole game.

Along with Eric holding back my progress, the executions were something I held off to the last second because I didn't realize you actually needed to go through with all of them.

It was a bit confusing.

There is literally nothing to talk about anymore.
The series ended and it was a turd.

>Say Zero
>"True, in a roundabout sort of way. BUT YOU DID IT DIRECTLY"
>Shot

>Say Delta
>"I DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!"
>Shot

>Say Q
>"OBVIOUSLY, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"
>Shot

Kinda weird you can't pick the true answer. Same thing with "Who Killed Junpei.". You can't even use Mira as an answer, even though she did it.

>Q
>"OBVIOUSLY, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"
After the OLD MAN twist from ZTD, I am ashamed I didn't catch on to this sooner.

Is that Stan Lee?

>SEANBOT BREAKS THE FUCKING WALL AND THERE'S BRICKS THERE EVEN THOUGH BREAKING THE WALL LATER SHOWS ITS ALL SCREENS

I didn't even think about that. Goddammit, this game. And the 2nd Carlos thing makes shit even weirder.

If you say "Eric" he loses his marbles and kills you.

If you say "Radical Six" he gets pretty pissed as well.

I don't remember exactly what he says for these. All I can say is that I was sick of Sean getting shot.

If you say Sean then he has no problems shooting Sean.

>Akane chainsaws sofa in half
>is later magically repaired

No, it's Oswald from KOF

>The fire extinguisher scene
I didn't think the chainsaw could be topped, but I was wrong. And that scream she does while beating him really brings it home.

>So can we all agree it wasn't Uchikoshi's fault
No. You could maybe shift blame on the game becoming a movie instead of a visual novel, but the blame solely lies with Uchikoshi for the stupid fucking story that didn't tie up half the series' loose ends. And let us not forget NON-CANON METAFICTION.

Probably a replacement.

I fucking hate that second Carlos running around. There's Zero explanation for where he was during all the other routes.

Or we could shift the blame to you for expecting something other than what it was clear we were going to get. In terms of what he promised he delivered (and don't give me that Snake bullshit, we all know that was to get people interested in a third game).

Dio was originally going to rape Clover after chaining her up, but that got cut from the game.

Exactly. He was sent back to the past before all the ZTD splits.
He shouldn't have shown up only in the VLR ending.

He should have bombed into the shelter during D-end 2 too.
It's not like he was going to poof from existence if the VLR route didn't happen during ZTD

Uchi seemed to forget that going up the timeline can make the copy present in multiple histories.
Which is funny, because it's the same reason that Phi and Delta can be present in all of them. FUCK

So does ZTD contradict VLR, or does it just fail to clear anything up? I've played VLR but not ZTD yet.

I don't know why people are mad about the ending every ending in the series is fucking retarded they just don't have the one big retarded moment the retardation is a little more spaced out but still the writing is shit in these games

Remember that special ending in VLR with Akane in the B Garden? It's non-canon.

ZTD is a rocky road. And no, I don't mean the ice cream.

There are some minor contradictions and a lot of things not cleared up. None of the broad strokes, but some of the smaller stuff is whack.

I read VLR soon after ZTD came out to catch up to the series, and then ZTD right after. Didn't buy into the hype or anything, came in expecting nothing, and left moderately satisfied.
Could it have been better? Yes.
Does it have some glaring flaws? Fuck yes.
Is it the worst game in existence? Not by a pretty long stretch. People kinda blow it out of proportion, but I guess it's just from the hype backlash.

Yeah. You should've been in the hype threads. They were something else. Anything other than Game of the Century would've soured them. Which is stupid, but understandable. The good game we got was never going to live up to the expectations placed on it.

>Game has a meme villain
>Said fact singlehandedly carries the shitposting about the game for months, sometimes even years afterwards

Every time.

Meme?

It's a mess

Delta is the brother of Phi. He's also the "Brother", boss of Free the Soul
He can't shift, jump to other histories, but he can read mind
>He read the minds of shifters and learned that a terrorist would stage an attack that triggered a nuclear war. All 8 billion human beings would die in it. Total extinction.
So he creates the Radical-6 plan to kill only 6 billion, giving him a 75% chance of killing the terrorist. This, in his mind, saves the lives of 2 billion people.
Here's where shit gets really fucked: There's an alien transporter machine. It can send copies of objects and people through time and to different timelines as well. But the original stays
So ANOTHER part of his plan is to ensure that Sigma and Diana conceive in their so that he and Phi can be born, AND that they use the alien fax machine to send them back in time.
Phi and Delta's copies arrive in 1904 and are found by German researchers. To experiment, the Germans make another copy of Phi to be sent to 2009, then Delta and Phi are seperately.
1904 Delta grows up and is the villain in ZTD. He's 124 years old. No explanation why.
1904 Phi grows into her 100's, and is working in America with the transporter when 2009 copy Phi arrives. She and some old man raise her and 2009 Phi is the one in VLR and ZTD.

Shit, guess I should have included movies too. I guess any form of media will do.

It's because ZTD is the final game and doesn't provide any closure. Hell, 999 stands great on its own

>no explanation why
Fucking Eugenics man. I swear half the criticisms against this game come from people that didn't play it

Forgive the typos in this. I need to sleep.

Yes he would. If he didn't make the choosey game then he wouldn't have been born to be sent back in time.

Sigma and Diana didn't fuck in certain timelines and Phi didn't vanish from existence in them.

Would you have shot him Cred Forums?

But the very fact he did get sent back proves he created it. He would not have been if he didn't create it. It's not quite a bootstrap in that it doesn't keep repeating, but the fact he has been sent back means in one timeline he does it. And we are viewing that timeline.

Yes

That's because in one timeline he created himself through the decision game. If there was zero timelines with the game he wouldn't exist. He had to create it at least once to create himself.

But the timeline where they do fuck is one where they play the Decision Game, so that NEEDS to happen.

>In terms of what he promised he delivered
Whatever you say, buddy.

Someone spoil me I can't play this game anymore Q team is boring the fuck out of me I don't want to play this anymore

>Still butthurt about characters whose stories concluded not being shoehorned in for fan service
Whatever YOU say buddy.

VLR is irrelevant
Kyle is non canon
Brother is guy in the OP
MINDHACC
He did it because complex motives
Finale is everyone using the power of friendship to stop a lunatic from creating an even bigger catastrophe than rad-6 outbreak

>Damn, he called me out on being wrong, I'd better call him butthurt, that way no one will notice

>Damn, somebody has a different opinion and enjoyed something. I better hound him and project my own insecurities onto him so I don't hate myself so much.
btw, I'd better is incorrect grammar.

It was never a matter of opinion in the first place. You stated "In terms of what he promised he delivered", which was objectively wrong.
>btw, I'd better is incorrect grammar.
"I had better." That's correct grammar, you retard.

No one exists in all timelines, it doesn't make it meaningless

Not him, but where does he promise that though. I don't see where he promises anything. It's a Q&A made to drum up interest in a third game while also answering some questions potentially. The throwaway nature of many of the answers should clue you in that it isn't to be taken to seriously, but you might be dumb enough to not realize that. Also, not pictured in your image: the word promise

>Not him, but where does he promise that
The part where he specifically says that it'll be answered in ZE3 and to look forward to it? What do you think that means if not "this will be answered in ZE3"?

What the fuck is up with you people sucking the dick of a creator and excusing his lies and fuckups instead of holding him accountable for his words and actions?

Because you're an idiot if you actually believed a stock answer copy pasted onto questions he couldn't be bothered answering because he may come back to them was a promise. I ain't defending Uchi's shit, but it's stupid to think that equals a promise. He's just covering his ass in case he wants to revisit those characters, which he didn't. It seems pretty clear to me, I don't understand why sperges like you can't comprehend this.

No, a dismissive stock answer would have been "I don't have an answer to this one."
Specifically stating that it WILL be answered in ZE3 is making a promise. Why would you defend that?

Why not just avoid the questions then instead of stock answers?

To get back into the KoF roster