Is the amiibo fad finally over?

Is the amiibo fad finally over?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-we-thought-fans-would-be-happy-with-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival/
usgamer.net/articles/honestly-we-just-wanted-animal-crossing-amiibo-aya-kyogoku-on-the-genesis-of-amiibo-festival-and-happy-home-designer
forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/18581462/#Comment_18581462
youtube.com/watch?v=PgDsyj5eLmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes, I hope nintendo crashes because of how shitty they're handling the NX

The toys to life bubble has finally popped
It's all going to crash from this point
It was fucking inevitable when shit like Golden Mario, 8-bit Mario, and more were made not with gameplay functionality in mind first, but for sheer trivial reasons made to attract collectors.
Any sort of feature they offered could've been in the base game.

>deliberately setting up bubbles to burst

Why do people do this?

>limited purpose and functionality
>operated as a memory chip and on disk DLC.
>artificial low supply

It was doomed from the beginning.

Post yfw you have every single amiibo mint in package and paid retail for them.

>Why do people do this?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>Dedede, Palutena and Ness are all in stock on Amazon at regular prices
Yeah, and thank god. Some of these are genuinely nice looking figures but aren't worth more than the retail price.

Ignorance that they could pull this shit forever
It happened with comics during the 90's and it happened with toys to life today

I have to give NoA credit for royally fucking scalpers up the ass with all the reprints.

I just want the Bayo amiibo

Yes, winter has come.

They've gone the way of the Beenie Baby.

This is why:

Capitalism, comrade.

Only stupid ones.

all the reprints?

where is my wave 1? my rosalina, my palutena, dedede, etc etc rare ones?

fuck you its not fucking anything up and amiibo aren't toys to life at all like disney or shit. i would have killed for a game that let me play with my nintendo characters in build it myself situations like little big planet.

fuck you nintendo

Oh fuck watch out this badass has a stack of $1 bills

Only the Smash ones were ever in big demand.

The Kirby ones are sold out in my area, but the AC ones still clog shelves.

Nintendo needed some quick bucks and they got them, I don't think they actually expected them to last. I might be wrong though, any word on NX's compatability with amiibos?

It's funny that you think Nintendo is some fragile structure on the brink of collapse.
They have enough money to work at a loss for upwards a decade
You'll see them turn to pure mobile before they crash

>This time around, there’s obviously this new thing called Amiibo. The development team for Animal Crossing, we just really wanted Animal Crossing Amiibos. We thought it would be cute. We thought fans would be happy. In the past, Animal Crossing has only been Animal Crossing, but we thought that with the addition of Amiibo — how could we make an Animal Crossing game that would be fun by adding Amiibo features? What resulted was Happy Home Designer on 3DS and Amiibo Festival on the Wii U.
nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-we-thought-fans-would-be-happy-with-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival/

>USG: Was the original concept behind Amiibo Festival to create an Animal Crossing Game that involved Amiibos? Or did the idea come along first and then the Amiibo integration was something that added in later in the Development Cycle?
>AK: Initially when the Amiibo was announced, there was nothing really said about Animal Crossing Amiibos or any plans for that matter. But as the Animal Crossing team, we were confident that if there was one, it would be really cute... honestly, we just wanted Animal Crossing Amiibo. We wanted the company to make Animal Crossing Amiibo, so that's why we made a game that works with them.

usgamer.net/articles/honestly-we-just-wanted-animal-crossing-amiibo-aya-kyogoku-on-the-genesis-of-amiibo-festival-and-happy-home-designer

Guess what?
The line didn't do so well and only damaged the reputation of amiibo.
Nintendo has no idea how to properly manage amiibo and how they interact with games.

"Toys to Life" in general is dead.

I guarantee they'll still load all the NX games up with disc locked crap.

They don't know when to knock it off.

It's obvious
Kimishima wants amiibo to be a "pillar"

who does this to kirby

Lego is still pushing it hard.

I wonder how Lego feels that more children play their video games, than play with the actual blocks.

>Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corin amiibos still not announced a release date or even product pictures.

Compatibility done right:
>Smash Bros Wii U trainable AI dummies
>Twilight Princess wolf partner in BotW

Unlike other amiibo functionality they actually justify the use of a portable figure that stores data.

and they also fucked over the customers who bought amiibos as investments and killed all the hype.

Lego is competing with Funko now
That's why Dimensions has so many licensing agreements

Lego has the great advantage of their toys being actual Lego.

they just need to release ones people give a fuck about.

no one wanted the fucking Animal Crossing ones.
Kirby ones were mostly pointless. i dont care how fucking autisticly loud the fans are online waddle dee is not iconic. no one gives a fuck.
Squid Sister Combo? like a year too late.

People will go crazy for Cloud and Bayo

>Choosing to ignore the bank banded stacks of $2K, $100s and $50s.
>Focuses on my singles for strip club night.

so jelly you belong in a mason jar.

not how it works. if they were scalpers they already sold them. if they didn't sell them then they didn't scalp anyone. ironic collecting is still collecting

You do realize that that is probably the entire savings of the NEET who posted that? That's fucking nothing.

They'll announce some sort of amiibo plus after the NX that will work for stuff the old ones won't to try to double dip on the amiibo consumers.

>buying an amiibo as a fucking investment
What kind of dumb azswould do that?

>Squid Sister Combo? like a year too late.
probably did well in Japan, where against all odds the game has incredible legs to this day.

Still buying the 8-bit and OoT Link amiibos. I actually wouldn't mind more 8-bit special editions.

Oh really?

forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/18581462/#Comment_18581462

lets hope it dies hard before the nx comes out so nintendo doesnt fill the nx with a bunch of amiibo gimmick garbage. but i doubt it, they already have amiibo garbage even in the new zelda game. i bet they thought up all the amiibo cancer they wanted to include with it before even working on the game itself

FUCK NINTENDO and the autists who buy their fucking toys

only because otakus have ruined the jap game market

Animal crossing killed it. They tried to integrate it more into the games, but they half-assed it and animal crossing was absolutely the worst possible choice among all their franchises. It's always been around, but it's way too niche for it to ever sell as well as the smash amiibos. If they had just made a skylanders ripoff with pokemon amiibos people would have ate that ship up and nintendo would be laughing all the way to the bank. Now instead, all the retailers are stuck with mountains of dead merchandise for a game nobody cares about cluttering up shelves.

>customers who bought amiibos as investments
Those customers deserve to be fucked.

What amiibos are considered rare anymore?
It seems to fluctuate month to month now. Last I checked, pic. related is what I can't find.

B T F O
T
F
O

Every mainline AC game sells millions, sadly they didn't realize without the core "gameplay" most of its fans don't give a shit

Lol. Dude thats fucking nothing.

Yup. It'll be interesting to see what Nintendo tries to do to keep the golden goose alive. F2P Smash, perhaps?

Toys-to-life feels like it's dying. It will probably come back around once someone finds a neat application for the idea though.

>thinking a cheap, mass-produced chunk of plastic is ever going to be worth anything

Literally Beanie Babies. That shit was never going to be worth anything, whoever thought otherwise is either underaged or a top-tier autist. You'd have better luck holding onto the worthless factory runoff merch you find in LootCrate.

>so jelly

More like you're so peanut butthurt

a mixture of making a fuckton of short term profit and not realizing that it's really bad for business if you want to keep it up in long-term

0 you can get any amiibo for about $20 at the most

Is it really over though?

Nintendo was announcing 3-4 new amiibos each month
it was ridiculous, I seriously hope retards who thought they could sell them online for profit are crying.

Well they're not selling out anymore, but they're still making money.

I used to see this one lady stand in line for hours and hours and try and fill up a shopping cart with new amiibos about a year ago.

then she tried it with Greninja, I hope that bankrupted her stupid ass

The final 3 (Cloud, Bayo, and Corn) might spark some hype and scalping, but ultimately it seems pretty dead at this point.

Never a FTP smash game.

They'll just modify the amiibo to have some new frivilous feature, then try to resell new amiibos with the feature. It'll probably only be useful in one game, then just act like standard amiibo everywhere else.

Dedede just got ANOTHER and far superior amiibo, and Rosalina is literally getting a newer and better one without the worthless Luma taking up space and making Rosalina bigger.

You are a dumb fuck.

I seriously doubt so.

you mean mario maker?

>done right

No it's not - the trainable partner could have been a feature with the amiibo as portable storage, and the wolf should have been an in-game feature or unlockable.

Eh, just give it 5-10 years. They'll shoot up in value as collector's items.

Do people like these ever take business lessons

citation needed

lol, they still sell though

>Meanwhile buy 2 get 3 free skylanders sales
>99 cent skylanders
>Disney infinity dead

lol

I still want a Lucina amiibo

why did they make female marth

I still don't get it

Kys anime cancer killing video games.

>Disney infinity
That buggy piece of shit deserved to die.

i just pit for $9 today. funny how samus, yoshi and pikachu are rare since they sat on shelves for a year. i got most of the others at retail. only missing robin.

Stop fucking summoning him

Ohhhh maaaan almost four thousand dollarydoos! You're LOADED my dude!

Except I'm sitting on around 12 grand so that's really not shit but hey good for you.

>fucked up face dedede
>superior to Smash dedede

>i just pit for $9 today

WHERE? I'M ONLY MISSING HIM, YOSHI, BABY BOWSER, AND THE RETRO PACK.

>Claims to be loaded
>Steals an image from a forum post in 2011

ok buddy

I improted Smash Dedede from australia because of how ugly Kirby Dedede is.

Smash Dedede is stupidly rare and one of the best looking amiibo.

Amiibooo fanbase everyone

behaving like literal manchildren

Is it finally time for me to snatch up all the good ones now that scalpers have been fucked over? I've been keeping my eyes on the Kirby set for some time too.

at a local shop. they even had dark pit but i bought him at release. I just saw yoshi for $9 on ebay.

>You'll see them turn to pure mobile before they crash
That's what people are talking about when they say Nintendo is doomed, as in their exit from the game market.

Thanks for the insight XD

summoning who?

I still see Jr and the retro pack at local gamestops. i'm sure la curacao has yoshi.

God I'm still fucking pissed at that. It's nearly been a fucking year since they were announced, and just a week or so ago we finally got a hint at what Bayo will look like.

YFW you didn't fall for beanie babies 2.0

>Lego is competing with Funko now
You mean the company that makes this B^Uckley tier garbage is actually muscling out Lego?

Well see
>Canada
So I'm pretty fucked as far as variety goes

The retro pack is everywhere, but it's like $60, so I'm hoping for an EB clearance sale like last time.

>I open all of my amiibo to enjoy them and don't plan on reselling them
>For some reason this infuriates people

Why though.

TFW you imagine that someday they may try to make a funko video game

Same here. I hope they slow new amiibo down. Smash, Mario, Kirby, Zelda lines seem like enough. A few here and there is fine, though.

No. They inherit the stories of Sega's and Atari's destruction at the hands of Nintendo from their fathers.

Girls buy them. You know, the kind of girls that are nerdy because it's cool.

>YFW the WiiU has more Amiibo's than actual games

The Wii u has more exclusives than the ps4 and xbone combined

>Go to Walmart
>All they have are Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Bowser
>Go to Target
>Fifty Dr. Marios and bunch of discounted Animal Crossing characters

exclusives aren't games.

Good game are games.

>"We want Amiibo to raise awareness of our products and software"
>Only people that buy them already like Nintendo and only as collectible figures

What a fuck-up.

>Never cared about the Amiibo bullshit
>Decided to get the Callie and Marie Amiibos and don't get anymore after that

At least they look nice on my PS4.

Pretty sure, yeah. It was only a matter of time that these literal McDonalds quality toys stopped being popular.

Oh shit wait, McDonalds happy meal toys are actually higher quality than some amiibos. Have you seen the recent Pokemon figures included in those things?

Amiibos are shit, and you should all feel bad for buying supbar merchandise of your favorite characters.

Their actual functionality were also nothing but a gimmick, and were never utilized beyond goading people into buying more figures for at best cosmetic features, and at worst locking gameplay content behind them for no other reasons than (((jewish))) tricks.

>Nintendo Direct
>bunch of Zelda amiibo
>no fucking game to go with them
If only there were some Zelda game that was supposed to come out this year...

>WiiU has fewer games than Amiibos
>WiiU has more exclusives than PS4/XBone

Congratulations, you just mathematically proved that the WiiU has more Amiibos than exclusives.

You played yourself.

Fucking rekt

it was only certain ones, other than that they wouldn't scalp well.

and if anything, the scalpers MADE their money already, anything nintendo does now is fucking irrelevant save for letting people who wanted to buy them at target, etc etc to have their turn.

nintendo fucked this up once again like with the first year of the wii, remember the shortages? they never had shortages like that before, ever.

that dedede miibo doesn't SAY it works with smash, neither kirby or MK.

What's that thing called that's basically a programmable amiibo? All I remember is that it's just an NFC chip in a disk that you can download amiibo data to and "cheat" the system.

Or a Funko movie

I use the laundry card to my building.

It reads it as olimar for whatever reason.

I abuse the NFC to give myself free laundry funds

Funko Pop are utter cancer.

They are a disgrace to the media they represent, and they are a disgrace to buyfags everywhere.

Only normie fucks obsessed with 'geek chic' and nerd cred legitimately think they are good.

Amiibos weren't a legit fucking "bubble"

There were really only three classes of people participating in the market.

1. Retailers
2. Consumers
3. Scalpers

Scalpers would buy rare products from retailers and resell them to the highest bidder for a profit.

Then the retards came in.

The retards were scalpers who bought products from other scalpers, because they falsely speculated that the value would continue to rise.

Those idiots deserved to lose all their money.

Somewhere there's an autistic guy sitting on a closet full of Rosalinas that he will never, ever turn a profit on, or break even.

Breath of the Wild is getting an amiibo line. Make of that as you will.

not if he doesn't sell them
if i can't go to walmart and buy a rosalina RIGHT NOW, they have won. i don't fuck with ebay unless i can buy amiibos for half of retail price, which i can't because fucking resellers.

fuck this whole thing, wouldn't have happened if they made a TON of them.

>all the reprints
Where? Shit like Smash Dedede and Meta Knight never got reprints. Nintendo released a wave and then never bothered to keep those waves in stock.

Even though Disney Infinity is dead, Infinity figures and Skylanders figures would always be kept in stock.

But most of the fags who are still sitting on a mountain of rare amiibos didnt buy them retail.

They already bought at an inflated price from a scalper, in the hopes that they can scalp even harder.

So the smart scalper buys an amiibo retail for $12.99 and sells it to a dumb scalper for $25. The dumb scalper bought an Amiibo for $25 not because he wanted it, but because he thought he lowballed the first guy, and that he can really get $50 for it.

So now, as the demand for Amiibos reduces, and those are selling for $20 online, he's not actually selling them at a $7.50 profit, but rather at a $5 loss.

Lets celebrate

I scalped to get money for amiibos I wanted. Then ended up saying fuck it now if i ever want top get amiibos it's already funded :^)

>their exit from the game market

the game market is smartphone shit now. Consoles are making less and less profit while smartphone f2p shit and Steam are cashing in. I don't like it but it's true.

Heavily marketed trash has always prevailed. Specific interest groups managed to avoid it for a while, but mainstream internet ruined that for a lot of them. Gaming moreso than anything else.

Hopefully you were smart enough to sell them before the prices started dropping.

Look at what happened to skylanders, they're selling that shit at the dollar store now

>the people who bought these and kept them in box

Same thing as retro games. Companies exploit this on purpose to get retarded scalpers to buy the shit in the first place.

They make a limited number of something featuring characters or symbols that were once part of a very good video game or franchise (i.e. pokemon in pokemon cards) and release a limited number of them for rarity, which causes people to panic and desparately try and buy them all out.

Route 66 effect, they use brand names for shit that used to be good or revolutionary once, like how they've done with World of Warcraft, Pokemon, Zelda etc.

The amount of people that still buy Pac Man merch because of the brand name that came from fucking arcade trash years ago.

Buying shit just to display and keep in box is the highest form of autism. I thought most people learned that after watching Toy Story 2.

Family member recently started talking to me about his fucking "rare guitar collection" that costs like tens of thousands of dollars. He can't even play the fucking guitar, it's all marketing cancer.

I wish Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo would just fucking stop making new home consoles.

They're basically going in a direction in which their products offer nothing different to computers anymore - their consoles are already just lower powered desktops at this point, with a lower buy-in price.

It's the reason I hope that it's true that the NX will truly be a sort of handheld (with a focus on the handheld part of it) so that they can provide a strong alternative to the cesspool that is mobile games. I just wish Sony and MS would turn towards the same direction though, and focus on providing strong handhelds, with good support.

>like how they've done with World of Warcraft, Pokemon, Zelda

I mean, those three might not be considered revolutionary in this day and age, but you would have to be one hell of a cynic to think that they also aren't good anymore, if not better than they were in a lot of ways.

Ask Activision, which has regularly sat on goldmines.
>Tony Hawk craze milked
>Guitar Hero milked
>Rock Band / Hero milked
>Skylanders / toys to life milked
>CoD milked [though amazingly still fucking selling a gorrilion units every year, maybe the bubble will burst eventually on this one]
That's just activation.

I somewhat hope that Amiibos are over. I don't hate them, as the stuff locked in them were more often stuff that wouldn't have been in the games in the first place. Plus I wish they had a premium models or something of them, like any detailed character looks quite poor, so only the really simple ones like Kirby look great.

I also wonder if NX will have it. I feel it will, because Nintendo probably didn't think the bubble would already pop [though maybe they did, and they have an ace up their sleeve, a new innovation for them]. The Zelda U game has 3 amiibos, plus the wolf link funtionality would imply that it will, but then again maybe it will just be a WiiU exclusive feature, and Nintendo just wanted to milk them one last time.

ALSO FUCK NINTENDO FOR NO REAL ANIMAL CROSSING ON WII U. I hope they lost millions on those fucking great amiibos that I refused to buy for the stupid fucking board game. Seriously if Nintendo had made a real ACU title, people would be buying them like crazy wanting their favorite neighbors.

I'd tell you they would be worth something someday, but they wont. You can easily import the JP versions for less then 10 bucks more, even the super rare ones. So unless a collector just has to have a complete whatever region you are from, you are probably going to be out.

My collection:
>Samus
>Zero Suit Samus
>Toon Link
>Bowser
>Captain Falcon
>Little Mac
>Lucas
>Inkling Girl
>Wolf Link

Nintendo is never going to crash, but you have to be pretty delusional to believe that the NX is going to be the second coming of Nintendo.

>Seriously if Nintendo had made a real ACU title, people would be buying them like crazy wanting their favorite neighbors.

Isn't that just what the New Leaf update is for?

>FUCK NINTENDO FOR NO REAL ANIMAL CROSSING ON WII U
There have been like 5 Animal Crossing games now all with the same core gameplay. I'm glad they're giving it a rest.

>World of freegarrisonlegendarycraft
>you would have to be one hell of a cynic to think that they also aren't good anymore

It's like too little, too late. And the ACU uses the Amiibo cards to get neighbors. Plus again it's an update on a game that's what, 2 or 3 years old? A new HD AC on WiiU would have gained a lot of interest, and then it could have launched alongside the happy hope game, and had some kind of functionality with each other [maybe design homes in happy home, then import to WiiU version].

Oh well. At least with NX probably being a HD portable, I'll still get it someday. But I wish my WiiU didn't have to collect some dust for a little while instead.

>tfw getting into amiibos when they stopped being scalped for absurd prices

I'm a huge statuefag, but I only buy statues for games I've played, books/graphic novels I've read - and only if I loved them heavily.
I keep them in display cases.

Does that make me less autistic than your family member? Or do you require me to become a toyfag like Andy before I qualify in your eyes as a functioning human been?

Legion is literally their most successful expansion, so your non-argument kinda falls apart.

And you have to be pretty delusional to believe the opposite.

MOOOOOOT

HIROOOOO

[citation needed]

What marketing cancer made your family member buy guitars?

havent seen wario lately

Fuck knows, I avoid talking to him.

I doubt any normal person buys like 25+ guitars and can't even play a fucking 3 chord song though. He talks about youtubers a lot, maybe there's some sort of circlejerk going on there.

Hahahaha

>Duuuude this youtuber says theres a guitar that's super rare and valuable, and if anybody sees it they need to snatch it up ASAP

>the youtuber is secretly selling that exact thing on Ebay

Fucking this.

Consoles are pointless when they are just bluray players that also act as gimped gaming PCs. All they do is suck up exclusives with Sony and MS bribes that would be objectively better games if they were built from the ground up for PCs.

The NX being a handheld that I can play on the go or on my TV in 1080 and that takes little cartridges like a 3DS would be the only interesting console that might actually be fun to collect for since 6th gen.

Give me an actual video game system and you might pull me away from my PC again.

Well, you said you keep them in diplay cases, right? Well, from that information one would assume you don't still keep them in the fucking box.

And if we compare Other user's analogy with being incapable of playing the guitar despite owning several, to you actually having played and read the media your statues come from, one could deduce that; yes, you are indeed less autistic than Other user's family.

God I hope so.

What are the best looking amiibos?

Platinum teased recently that Bayonetta is still in development. Although I have no idea what they're even waiting for.

Compound interest, nigga.

DDD is $6 on amazon.

People will still buy them because Nintendo fans buy fucking everything, but they're no longer scalper bait

The hype is over and they're lowering to the price they should be, which is approx. $4-5.

i'm pretty sure i paid like $14 for this one

worth it

youtube.com/watch?v=PgDsyj5eLmo
Beanies all over again

u a tard?

It honestly is.. both cut short production to increase demand to make their items seem more valuable than what they really were

They are, but they're still struggling. I still see a million of the Chima and Lord of the Rings boxes cluttering Five Below

Maybe if legos weren't so damn expensive.. giving them to kids for Christmas or birthdays. cost a good amount and they hardly sell just one type so if you buy a case you get a random assortment of colors and parts

always feel bad when hearing about these kind of stories but these motherfuckers always seem to fail to understand the basics of scalping in the first place and its why they fuck themselves so hard. You gotta intend to sell things in small increments from the start and diversify what you actually scalp, there's usually only ever a few things in a line people pay top dollar for. Its like any form of investing, sticking all your eggs in one basket is not smart.

I don't think anyone is buying amiibos as investments, though.

I don't understand the point of amassing an complete collection if you intend to sell. Nobody is going to buy a complete collection off your hands. The only way to actively make money would be buying and selling those that you think would be worth the most down the line or at the very least in the near future.

Did he honestly believe he would be able to sell 5 complete BB collections to put his kids through college?

I can't wait to see the people posting about this in about two-three years, where they just have a giant box filled with worthless plastic

I wonder if nintendo will even fucking bring this shit over to nx

They definitely were in the beginning, but it definitely died down a lot, especially after shit like pic related soured so many people on the concept of them in general

At least in Europe

I have the first Rosalina one I got from the reprint period and that's all I have. I don't really care about the other characters. I'll wait until Rosalina #2 is available at a retail price again because I don't fall for ebay scalpers like an idiot would.

All the non-Smash amiibo have sold like shit and the Smash line is over. Smash sold well because it was the first, it was Smash, and the collectibility was forseeable. There was something for everybody.

Shit like the Kirby and AC series only appeal to loyal Kirby/AC fans and hardcore amiibo collectors. That is a very small market. Smash has insanely wide appeal.

I hope so. There are a bunch of Amiibos I want to purchase, but there is no fucking way I'm shelling out 2/3x the MSRP to scalpers.

my professor thinks nintendo is on the brink of bankruptcy and said some shit like 'we've been predicting it for 10 years'

these people actually exist

I have a friend who has bought literally every Amiibo, even bought exclusives off ebay for over $100/ea, and he swears it's an investment, his collection is going to be worth thousands some day

youre a literal retard who can't even read properly

fire emblem is rare?
my marth was on sale with falco

>hitler pepe
and YOU'RE a literal retard who can't even spell properly

You missed superhero sandbox games
RIP Radical Entertainment, you were too good for this world

holy shit look at how angry this fag is with how other people spend their money

Seen marth at best buy. Never saw Roy.

roy was gamestop exclusive

I just want some Xenoblade merchandise Nintendo

Roy was exclusive to GameStop and was fairly common

>getting out memed
>triggered by memes
>cant even form an argument
>cant even point out actual grammar mistakes
jesus christ dude it just gets worse for you huh

>pikachu
i got him off target.com because i wanted free shipping. he was less that $10

I got my rosa from target's site at 3am... Now I'm waiting for November for 2 smb series Rosalina's from amazon.

It was nice to get a rosa amiibo in the day time with ease.

It's not over until I get my Cloud amiibo

The Wolf partner in BotW seems pretty bullshit to me. It's an extremely cool feature that is locked behind a. Owning a specific overpriced plastic toy, b. Owning a lacklustre hd port of a game most people already bought ten years ago and c. Having played through said hd remake all the way up to the end of it's shitty bonus dungeon full of recycled assets.

Just give me it as $5 dlc any day, or better yet make it part of the game I paid $60 for like the Nintendo of five years ago would have done.

You're out of your fucking mind if you think amiibo are overpriced.

The Wolf Link one I was referring to is $20 on Amazon, that seems pretty overpriced to me.

I just packed all of mine in boxes for the move, but I'm looking forward to making this out of them.

But first, I'd like some GODDAMNED NEWS AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THE NX VERSION IS GOING TO SURPRISE EVERYONE WITH ICE CLIMBERS, SNAKE, WOLF, ETC.

There is a Nintendo general on /toy/. I'm sure a Skell model kit or something like that will be released soon.

It sold as many units launch day as WoD and Cata did

WoW Legion – 3.3 million
Warlords of Draenor – 3.3 million
Mists of Pandaria – 2.7 million (first week)
Cataclysm – 3.3 million
Wrath of the Lich King – 2.8 million
Burning Crusade – 2.4 million
World of Warcraft – 240,000

No mention of sub numbers, since they're so low they refuse to give them now. Now we wait to see how many subs Legion bleeds, and how quickly.

There's a Mario Party series 2 figures (Waluigi, Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, and the Kongs), a line of Zelda figures (Wind Waker Toon Link and Toon Zelda, 8-bit Link and OoT Link), and a line of Monster Hunter figures.

It's not dying out and it's still about the same pace of reveals/releases as it has been since the main Smash cast was finished up.

Why don't just ignore it? Tingle Tuner and the Stone of Agony showed us that those features look cool but at the end, only offers optional meaningless content.

Tingle Tuner was actually kind of fun though.

>smash line is over

Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin are still not out

Still optional and required a setup. Also, Nintendo scrapped that feature for WW HD, fucking jews.

>tfw have 1st edition Villager, Gold Mario, Rosalina, the FE faggots and Captain Faggot
Should I just sell them now? there's no point in holding onto them right?

None of them are really worth anything since anybody who actually wants them just to have them can just buy the JP versions for US retail price at Amiami or other import sites.
The Gold Mario will be sorta rare at least.

Too late mate. Maybe you can scalp a couple of extra bucks for the Gold Mario.

Yes. Nintendo is retarded, should have released 200m different amiibos at the height of the bubble, and of recognizable characters, none of that animal crossing shit.

Even if the NX crashes harder than the Virtual Boy, Nintendo made so much money with Normiemon Go they can afford it.

Triggered shitlib detected.

>spend $50 on amiibo emulation unit
>have every amiibo available
>copies of amiibos
>up to like 200 and some can be stored at once
totally worth the purchase.

did buy a blue yarn yoshi.

Yes. But I'm still looking for a Shovel Knight amiibo so I can unlock Shovel Knight coop.

Nintendo went full retard with other series when they should have just focused on and finished the Smash Bros. Series Amiibo.

Nobody fucking wanted or asked for Animal Crossing Amiibo or Amiibo Cards or even the Super Mario Series Amiibo.

Why they didn't time their fucking goldmine toys to more properly coincide with the height of hype and the DLC releases I don't understand. A Cloud or Bayonetta Amiibo would (and still probably will) sell like hotcakes, but they've waited so fucking long.

Nothing wrong with the SMB series, it gave a better Mario, Luigi, and Peach figure than the Smash one, and Bowser is pretty equal between both versions.
The upcoming new ones of the Kongs, Wario and Rosalina look better than their Smash versions as well.

Those gold and silver Marios were pure cash-ins though.

Mario Series Diddy looks fucking fantastic. So does Wario.

>tfw I have all of them besides a fucking Shiek

Can Nintendo just release the last 3 now so I can never have to deal with this shit again?

4 doll hairs

WHAT THE FUCK

>Nobody fucking wanted or asked for Animal Crossing Amiibo or Amiibo Cards

True, they were nothing but shelf warmers. Pokemon amiibos would have been a better enterprise, literally nobody gives a shit about AC.

>or even the Super Mario Series Amiibo.

Nigga what, Mario figures are ALWAYS big sellers.

Why is Sheik so god damn rare/expensive

I swear she was one of those amiibo stores couldn't get rid of.

>tfw I paid for all the games I bought in 2015 by scalping amiibos

Thanks for the easy money, fuckheads

I can't believe people have to be so desperate. Fucking ningens being desperate, reeeee.

The Rosalina and Wario ones don't sell, but the other Mario amiibos do

I thought Rosalina would sell well, but her smash amiibo sure did.

>The Rosalina
You have got to be shitting me. Except on auction sites, there's little to no chance you'll find a Rosalina amiibo on retail.

I fucking hope so, fuck that trash. It's essentially a physical holdable paywall.

Go away Zamasu you're already dead

But then who was phone?

>tfw only amiibos you got were in the retro 3-pack
>tfw it was worth the 25 bucks
I kind of want to get Pac-Man and Famicom Rob to finish up my retro collection though.

My friend has one of those Gold Marios and keep waiting to sell it.