How can I start to gain a twitch following?

How can I start to gain a twitch following?

Other urls found in this thread:

gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=ybVUqhmZYOw
youtu.be/Tm08ne56A30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be a girl with breasts

this
or get a pic of cleavage and put it on stream

What do i do if i am a dude though

kill yourself.

From personal experience you don't want too.

But if you do;
>Play games you're good at (know alot about)
>Don't play recent releases as everyone is playing them and no one will watch you

But yeah, don't do it trust me.
Pic Related.

I've wanted to be a streamer. From what I heard from other streamer your need one of a few things.

A good act.
A good presence.
Stream consistency.
Pick one genre you love, it will come out in your gaming.
A just stream consistently.

No, you don't need boobs or a big budget. Just be able to stream with a good level of definition.

big face cam and big tits

You forgot the part where you need to shill yourself also where ever you can.

lets say i had an effect for my webcam that is a pair of tits in cleavage that motion tracks me

would twitch ban for that?

Twitch doesn't ban for using copyrighted art as part of your stream's image, nor does it ban use of effects for cameras that do silly shit. As long as you're playing a game, you can have any other pointless trash littering your screen.

Just don't make your stream one of those with 1/8 of your screen showing the game, and the other 7/8 being you and other images.

-Be in the very top bracket of skill or knowledge in a (especially competitive) game
-Have a fake over-the-top personality that appeals to kids and (especially lonely and awkward) teenagers

Be good looking, good at the game, extremely consistent (day in, day out for 6+ hours a day), be interesting and talkative, and get in on the ground floor of a game that has just released (this alone can carry people with no right to be popular like Trump in Hearthstone), if the game is well established it's basically impossible as no one is going to scroll down and watch literally whos.

Or this

By not being an insufferable awkward underaged faggot.

I used to stream Call of Duty from my PS4. I played every weekend with some friends just for fun, didn't expect anything of it. No camera or anything, just some bs for fun. Over a couple of weeks managed to get like 20 viewers each time I streamed. Slowly but surely I got that many and I stopped eventually because of school and work but it was fun while it lasted. You need to have something to engage your viewers in, so a friend or two talking with you is perfect honestly.

How big of an audience would you need to make minimum wage off of donations?

twitchtv/moshini

so close to 100 subs

stream in decent ish quality, a lot
either dont suck at what you play or be funny

if you dont want to interact with chat/no cam or mic you have to have exceptional taste in music AND be top tier at what you decide to play.

>tfw get 3 viewers a stream instead 0

if you drink bleach we will watch

>when a viewer says i should have more viewers

>tfw getting 30 people on average
>still stream niche games like an asshole

Aw well, its more for me.

Be a woman.

>Don't play recent releases as everyone is playing them and no one will watch you

There's just as many examples of people playing popular new games only getting attention because they're playing new games that people want to see, and they only manage to build a following because they happen to be playing when all the most famous streamers are not online

Like moonmoon has only been streaming for 4 months, but he has 4k subs and a massive amount of concurrent viewers because he was playing Overwatch and blizzard decided to feature him. Shit like that isn't going to happen to you if you're an Ocarina of Time speedrunner or something

Just stream and have fun, trying too hard to impress automatically makes yourself look worse
It helps if you have friends too, to get rid of the awkward silences in between stuff

I got like 50 followers and a good 10 people at most watch me and my friends, and I've been streaming every once and a while for about a year now

>randomly going through twitch streams
>some guy playing brood war
>has like three viewers
>he has a nice voice, not a scrub and pretty entertaining
>constantly communicates with his viewers whenever they chat something
>notices me joining and welcomes me by name
>other two viewers leave
>guy is still talking, visibly enjoying himself putting on a show for me, his only viewer

I never felt so bad for anyone in my life

>notices me joining and welcomes me by name

I really wish streamers wouldn't do that

I'm planning on getting girls on my show, would that help?

>30 viewers

i got lucky once and streamed a game lirik was streaming and i was the only other one in the directory page for that game

I only ever do it when they post stuff in the chat, I refuse to ever mention them showing up randomly

big tits?

Turn yourself into a trap.

Works for Asmongold

so i could literally have a cleavage.jpg on my stream

If you're playing an RPG make sure to do voices for each character. The wackier the voice, the better.

Pay lip service for your "great fans" while in reality most of them will be tryhard memester shitheads, tryhard comedians, or thirsty shitheads, or even worse, -- all of the above.

The part of your fanbase that aren't abject depressing losers and kids/teens with too much free time are also the part of your fanbase that won't watch your stream. Make sure to pander to them as much as possible.

Inject as much irony into everything as much as you possibly can. Any kind of cancer goes as long as the streamer is "self-aware" and the chat is "in on the joke". Anything.

Make sure you put actual effort in only as long as you're not a Twitch/YouTube gaming personality. The second you hit e-fame, stop trying and stop caring. Your fanbase will do the work of arguing that you didn't actually get any worse, you improved, it's just haters.

>talking
>voice cracks
>tfw

>Play a game and be good at it
>or be a pro player
>be a female and not a >she or a "her" or whatever
>constantly play recently released games
>if you're bad at video games, be interested and social in other peoples lives, creating a form of "hugbox"

You don't have to treat it like a full time job like most people say becuase there are many popular streamers that their stream time is "whenever"

>

When you hit bigger numbers make sure to pick the biggest dicksucking losers as your mods too. The more insufferable, the more asinine, the better.

Every stream should be a circlejerk between you and the chat. The game is irrelevant (except when it's a streamer-bait game, then the GAME gets to join in on the circlejerk too!).

It does not matter at all how droll your gameplay is or how much of a loser you actually are if the people on the stream like you and your act of liking them back is good enough that they get fooled into giving you money and views.

If you haven't streamed Undertale yet, you should. It won't make you "popular", but it will help.

Here's something I just thought up: if you ever encounter a shithead, bait them into sending you angry private messages or some form of e-harassment. Then screenshot it and put it on your Twitter. Don't make it seem like you're trying to gain pity points too much. Lo and behold: You'll get a surge of pity followers.

>crossdress
>post your channel on Cred Forums
>profit

>tfw you've made the front page of twitch

1. Make friends
2. Be known for being the go-to guy of a certain game series/type
3. Expand once you get viewers

It's a real crapshoot. There are some amazing streams with 5-10 viewers max, but they're content with only streaming to friends. Any viewers over 100 or so and the chat goes straight to hell most of the time.

>expandw once you get viewers
>80% of viewers leave cause you try different game

>>constantly play recently released games

There for my dreams.

do dares on stream

be a girl with big tits and ass

accidentally drop stuff

>partnered in 3 weeks from a total nobody

Be entertaining. Doesn't mean that you have to overreact to everything and crack jokes all the time. More that people should feel comfortable in your chat and enjoy interaction with you. Sometimes being good at a popular game helps vut when it comes to selling out then it comes down to your character.

Look at Cosmo and Sig. They used to have the huge following back when they were near the top of their game. Now siglemic gets a couple dozen viewers and cosmo only has viewers for being a trainwreck. Meanwhile streamers like Witwix and Trihex can keep high viewer numbers while playing games they aren't known for speedrunning just because people find them likeable.

That bullshit.

>top donations in the 10k+ range

just for having big fat tits

Gaming is dead.

Expanding doesn't always mean playing the FotM. Usually it concerns updating your stream with donation/sub goals, alerts, and being more willing to play a character for the camera. Big streamers that maintain 1,000+ viewers don't have as many problems switching games since at that point people are more interested in them instead of the game. For people that only have a few hundred or less it's a less fruitful effort to switch games and seeing what sticks.

Kill yourself on stream.

>Stream for 3 years
>Viewers come and go, usually stay single digits
>Get donations once in a long while despite advising against it, usually just hang out with the one or two regulars/mods anyways

I dunno, is getting viewers such a big deal? It's nice just to share in something, chill/have a good time and talk shit. Why does money gotta be involved and fuck it all up? I mean if I wanted to know what some dude got paid to say about a video game then I'd just follow current vidya journalism.

>started last fucking year
>5 million views
How?

She plays league, I'd rather be small forever than play that shit games.

I dont want to facecam and i want to play multiple games at a below top level rank (Platinum, MGE/DMG, 3000 Overwatch MMR, Onyx in Halo)
Should i even bother?

massive cleavage pics on twitter

No if trying to be popular. Yes if you think it'll be fun regardless.

Started streaming older games and uploading the stream to YouTube. No focus on trying to be a big stream, just trying to play some games and maybe some people will hangout. Anyone have any games they want to see?

>get decent viewers playing MW2
>game is slowly driving me insane playing 20 hours a week on top of full time job

I like watching Overwatch and Rocket League, personally.

If I want some lasy stream to watch in the background I'll normally put on Elite Dangerous.

>someone says i look like richard pryor
>some says i look like ice cube
>someone says i look like J cole

>streamer is overly loud

>streamer uses all kinds of overlays
>20 pixel borders all over the place
>shit constantly scrolling

>People like Reckful and Tyler1 get $3 every time someone wants to have secretary call them bald or short
>BroTeam gets $3 every time someone wants to be in a youtube video
I want to make retarded amounts of money as well

>lirik already makes stupid money every month
>people still donate $50 all the time
>he doesnt even thank half the time now

A few questions:

Would you prefer a popup for Donations/follows, or would you like those things to not be acknowledged at all in the steam and just be something that happens passively?

Would you rather watch a steamer play a bunch of diffrent games for a few hours, or stick to one game?

Would you rather a steamer steam alone and pay more attention to the chat, or stream with a partner and interact with them?

alternatively be a girl with a nice voice

>Would you prefer a popup for Donations/follows, or would you like those things to not be acknowledged at all in the steam and just be something that happens passively?
Popup, its jew as fuck but it allows for people to actually think out what they want the streamer to actually notice and start a chat or continue one with a new idea. This doesnt matter to smaller channels as you'll be paying more attention to chat since you can actually read it, but its still incentive for the donator to do so to get their name up on the screen
>Would you rather watch a steamer play a bunch of diffrent games for a few hours, or stick to one game?
Have a schedule of what they want to play, deviate when necessary
>Would you rather a steamer steam alone and pay more attention to the chat, or stream with a partner and interact with them?
Both work, you can have both interact at the chat at different occasions. Say you're playing something where death means time out for however long, the partner or yourself can read the chat, pick out something decent to bring up and start a conversation.

>lurking
>bot calls you out

She had viewbots boost her channel for a few weeks/months.

>tfw tempted to try it just to challenge myself and see if I can create a big following
>tfw scared of getting big enough that people dox me

this

Just do as every big streamer once did. Buy viewbotters.

Wear a funny hat, you can be known as that one streamer who is always wearing a funny hat. And you should probably facecam too.

Not to be that guy but does anyone else prefer youtube gamings' aesthetic more than twitch? I'm not a fan of twitch's chat either.

gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC4T8Cfv4_Co3-bWQVetwNHw

That's the first time I even seen this part of youtube. Why don't channels just look like this by default?

It does look nicer.

>tfw I would like to stream to see if I can make it
>tfw friend offers to stream together if I buy overwatch
>tfw I buy it
>mfw I haven't heard from my friend in months

I wouldn't have bought that shit game if I knew he would bail on me

It all depends on your prior popularity, how early to get this game, and if its a closed beta (along with how closed it actually is).

Essentially it all boils down to how "first" you are to stream. Its not that easy but depending on how well you do, you can actually gain a following as being a beta streamer.

Now, if you just want to get noticed in general your best bet is to actually get to know other streamers who are up and coming. That means not totally dead but not extremely popular because then you're going to have to fight against their already established circle jerk crew whose paid money for their "high ranks" with the streamer.

you again

He clearly made it big without you, should have gotten on the horse while it was still mooing

he didn't stream either; we were to start a single channel that we would both stream on

I don't know but analytics treats Youtube and Youtube Gaming as separate "products". My guess is that they are their own division of the company and the main branch treats them like competition/shit. They barely advertise it and it is unacceptable that there isn't an easy button to click to go between the two for a user. But I really like the look of it and how it organizes videos for specific games into different categories. My shit can actually show up in a search on gaming. I think they should do the same thing with different categories like Film and Animation.

>tfw impossible to find a comfy GTA vice city stream that isnt speedrunning shit

Whore yourself out

Viewbots. Seriously. That's the only way, really. Almost every established streamer got where they are with bots, and literally every newer big streamer relies or relied on viewbots. It's the name of the game.

i just want to know why twitch streamers don't want to tell anyone how much they're making.

some guy asked lirik how much he was making and he was quickly cussed out and banned. it's like a tabboo subject for them.

even popular youtubers don't mind people knowing what they make.

there are 3 main ways.

1) Be a girl with tits, dress like a whore.
2) viewbot to the top, and taper it off slowly
3) Go back in time

>watching my stream on my phone and on old tablet
>2 viewers
>get put higher than alot of people on that page
>get up to 10 views in 30 minutes

This is what a moderately successful twitch male streamer looks like. He gets donations of $12,000

u fuc'd

cause they get fucked in the ass big time by taxes

>top donation:obaid
>2nd top donation:muhommed

because it's against twitch's TOS

Pretty sure it's against TOS to reveal backend financial info.

I'm literally the same muscle manlet build. I can get the meme haircut too. Will homos send me $1000 donations too?

Hi Vinny

Do something no one else is doing

or

Do what everyone else is doing, but do it first

Didn't seagull get a significant amount of new regular viewers by being good and streaming in the overwatch beta?

Not everyone does. Some do gradually climb to the top. You can tell whos botting now a days so it's not safe.

Are bicep streamers the male equivalent to tit streamers?

I like you too user.

Yes but much rarer.

I wrote this for someone. Here.

You ready? Here's some shit. This is the shit you won't read in the FAQ. From experience, you fake it 'til you make it. It's true in life, it's true here. Play underrated meme games. A game coming out that's like Minecraft but everyone knows it's not like Minecraft? No streamers are going to play it, so you play it because you know people will watch. Lego Worlds EA launch. A game coming out that you know will do well but no one is paying attention to because the marketing on the game was crap? Play it first. The Culling. Dead By Daylight.
Do your research on games. It's easy to tell if one is a good stream game and it's easy to tell if no one important is going to stream it (you use twitter, right?) Speaking of Twitter, bot it. Bot favorite everyone who mentions twitch.tv in a tweet and follow anyone that mentions "stream" and has twitch.tv in their description. Once you get 200ish followers you want to unfollow everyone. If you're following 10k people and have 200 followers then no one will follow you. So drop the number low. You get followers fast as shit after that. Make sure to request game keys for underrated meme games once you hit 400+. I got 10 keys for a game starting out because my twitter looked impressive. You would be surprised at how many people use Twitter bots. Another fast way to get followers is to do what I call "leeching". A big streamer says "I'm going to play [obscure game] tomorrow!" then you better buy it. You buy it and you stream it maybe 30 minutes before they stream. You overlap. People won't talk shit if you do it that way. Most people say they are playing the game, then they stream something like LoL. Don't do that. Lastly, viewbots. They aren't required with the above info and you would be surprised at how little they do unless you balls out add 1000+ viewbots to your nothing stream.
[continued]

>getting over that 0/1 viewer shit
>being stuck at bottom of page

Here's my formula that makes it not suspicious. You have 0 viewers? 5 viewbots. 30? 10. 75? 20. Once you hit 100+ you stay at 20%. You will not be called out. I don't viewbot because I don't need to. I pay attention to games that are coming out and I pay attention to the twitter accounts of every massive streamer. I call them 'whales' and some people out there will know why. NEVER stream a game if you can't get in the top 10 most viewed. Aside from all this info, always talk. Never stop talking. It doesn't matter if you're entertaining if you keep talking. This game is all about marketing. It's the same as everything else in life.

>be girl
Basically this.
I went to highschool and was friends with a now popular female streamer. Back in 2014 she was talking about the idea of doing streams since then shes become a cancerous twitch queen id say. She moved to L.A and has all but forgot/disassociated herself with most of her old friends here in her hometown.
That shit/money changes people... I believe it

This is easy. You can have up to 10 views per IP.

Log out all of your devices and view your stream. Create alt accounts for them if you want.
I use 2 computers and 2 cellphones as well as many obscure bots that give views. There are always for moderator/tip bots in my channel that are deactivated just for views.

>How can I start to gain a twitch following?
1. Market yourself properly.
2. Don't be autistic.
3. Think of it as a part time job you have to do N times a week for X hours.

Play dirty like men do. A lot of networking helps. I do 10 minutes a day in 6 different streams. I host each of them occasionally. If they don't grow or host back then I find someone else.

My first stream had 400+ streaming FNAF for Cred Forums and /vg/.

I'm a proud shill.

This is literally twitch employee advice.
Almost every top streamer on twitch is an autist or retard or pretending to be one.
After you have a large following you then you can do the sellout shit.

Agreed.

You should ask the chat open-ended questions and usually about the game because everyone loves to backseat.

Was it on hitbox? I remember when the first game was still new that I watched someone from Cred Forums stream it, had a jukebox going and everything.

>post link on Cred Forums
>Cred Forums freezes for 3 hours
>my link is top of page

Viewbots only help if you are the top of the stream list for your game. The problem is at that point everyone knows you're viewbotting and will report you and post shit about you on reddit.

A guy smaller than lirik was making 10k a week from donations alone.

Be funny and memorable.

>tfw mokar actually responded to one of my questions in a chat

It was on hitbox.

Back when everyone was abandoning twitch for whatever reason.

you can almost estimate with some numbers for streaming 5 days a week

lets say 1000 subs x 2.50 per month (some people get better deal with twitch)
$400 a day minimum in donations on average
sponsors if they have any

10.5k a month
126k a year

and thats on the low end

imagine someone like lirik that has 5K subs? and probably makes alot more thatn $400 a day in donations since people always donate $20 and $50

>follow alot of big streamers
>wait till one of them plays a niche game that you have
>??????
>stream at same time
>be only other streamer
>big streamer stops playing
>all those viewers move over

did that with lirik once and someone said i had 10k viewers for like 5 seconds

>since people always donate $20 and $50

I really, really, really do not understand these people. Who are they? Kids that swiped their parents credit cards?

i dont fucking know

theres one guy who donates like $400 every fucking time lirik streams
>twitch bits is a thing now
>yfw twitch bans 3rdparty donation sites

Why hasn't this happened yet

Oh you know they fucking want to.

I don't fucking get "stream culture" the idea of donating hundreds of dollars to a streamer for... nothing.

People throw 5 bucks, either do some stupid shit like post a meme, or ask a question and get a totally mundane response IF the streamer even responds.

So often I've heard people do their "Welcome to the XXXX, whatever" and just immediately go back to saying whatever they we're saying. It doesn't even register to them that someone just gave them 2.50 for a sub, or a donation.

Streaming is truly cancerous content.

Let's go with Lirik

He has about 18k subs. He was at 10k over a year ago.
Let's say he has a better deal, because he most likely does. So $3 per sub is 54k per month.
He gets about 1k in $5+ donations a day. Another 30k.

He makes about 84k per MONTH or 1 million per year.

This does not include sponsorships (which he has) and these usually pay out 10s of thousands of dollars each.
Realistically he's at about 2 million a year.

>streamer getss $4000 in one stream
>knowing you are financially good for the next 2 months
i will never know that feel

>Almost every top streamer on twitch is an autist or retard or pretending to be one.
Marketing youself as an autist or a manchild != being an autist.

I mean look at this chubby mono-gaming autism incarnate. He's using every trick to pull viewers and make them stay.
>Screams and memes like a retard
>Retarded voiced chat donation
>Retarded name for the followers (Kappa Club)
>Switches music according to the situation
>Actually explains what he's doing so the new viewers understand whats going on
>Uses the waifuu shtick
>Plays with gurl gamers from time to time
youtube.com/watch?v=ybVUqhmZYOw
This is why he pulls 8-10k every time he starts streaming.

I think there's more value in finding these retard's contact information so we could actual value towards them. I'n sure twitch already sells user info though and clearly it has demonstrated its value.

anyone know hotted89? im pretty sure i used to play CS:S with him back in the day

Also I know a guy that gets 35ish viewers per stream, but he's partnered.

He makes about 40k per year after taxes from 35 fucking people.

>This does not include sponsorships (which he has) and these usually pay out 10s of thousands of dollars each.
>Realistically he's at about 2 million a year.

I don't even understand how people can watch him

Any of the big streamers are huge fucking faggots and I don't get it.

Why do kids watch and throw money at such garbage content.

What?
How?

is ice_poseidon our boy?

how good is your knowledge about new fresh dank memes?

easy, be the biggest toolbag possible. Once you get a taste of twitchbucks abandon anything that made you likable and enjoyable in a contained, small community.
See: Vinesauce, Trihex, Professorbroman

just remember, be a toolbag

It's a tight community. He also does dances for donations and subs and memes the stream up like crazy.

i enjoy the fuck out of vinnys streams

fuck trihex though

pics or you bullshittin

>started a youtube channel 2 weeks ago
>chose a decently large, but profitable niche
>already making $50+ a day
It's not much more than minimum wage, but I'm still happy.

that's awfully funny when Vinny goes so far as to denying Vinesaucevidya even existed always safely saying "Vinesaucevideo" and doing planned, weekly "LUL so randumb look at this 4chin maymay" game every sunday for the money.
They are essentially the same person

What is your channel?
I'm curious the level of effort you put into it.

Or at least a similar channel.

If it violates the TOS to tell me just post either your channel or a similar channel but don't say which.

It's similar to Did You Know Gaming, but different enough to not get a cease and desist.

Either persistence or luck.
Extreme amounts of either one or both of those things is needed.

How does it make you feel that this autist could afford a lamborghini from making gta 5 mod videos. It's like watching an imaginative child play with his dolls and making up stories, except it's in a gta sandbox.

Fuck man I've been working youtube for a month and I've only gotten like 30-50 views a video, and I just released my 14th.

I really should promote more. I put first ones up as proof of concept and to learn premiere, and now I'm actively working to increase my production values.

I hate shilling my channel. It feels fucking dirty. I also never do smart things like beg for likes and subscribes

>feels dirty

i know that feel

>post gify cat on rebbet
>get 2000 upvotes
>post YT link
>2000 views
>gifycat has almost 100k views
>channel is still shit

go trans.

is this supposed to be a bad photoshop of a dude standing in front of a lambo or was that the joke

You know how they have camgirl "farms"? Would it be possible to make a twitch farm? Poach models in LA area, just have them sit around playing league in some warehouse, give them 40% or whatever. Can you sell ad packages like with youtube through twitch? That could make it even more lucrative

you gotta advertise like a shameless whore to get anywhere desu, but once you get a good following you dont need to do it anymore so theres that.

>get anywhere desu, but once you get a good following you dont need t

Where would I even go about doing it?

I don't the content I make is anything people are going to watch. I'm not making faggy cowadooty or smash vids and my videos are light on memes.

>tfw am trap who streams Mechwarrior 2 and then lead my viewers into my camsite

Oy mai~

In a case like Lirik he's just lucky. It's probably his call in life so to speak.
That's literally pimping.

It's literally not

Since there's a lot of twitch chat cancers/watchers in here.
How do you feel about a stream that can show "skillful" (using it kinda loosely because i can't think of any other words) gameplay of a variety of games (except mobas fuck that) and also do additional stuff like art, music, etc, but the thing is the streamer doesnt show their face to talk via mic?

Stream with a consistent schedule.
Stream games that people actually want to watch; games with a following on twitch.
Try to connect with other, established streamers who can share their viewerbase with you.

Why don't you do that right now?

No one would want to watch a stream that was just the streamer thanking people endlessly for donations. There's a reason they move on quickly if they are popular.

Except there have been times when streamers literally stop playing games because of donation trains.

Yea, give link!

>watch bacon donut play minecraft story mode
>balloon animation overlay and 10 second thank you for every donation or sub

It was so fucking annoying because in the middle of cutscenes "HEY THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING DICKBUTT32 AND WELCOME TO MY RETARDED FUCKING DONUT CHANNEL"

Everyone said to stop that shit and he started timing out people for telling him how annoying it was.

Rule #1: Be entertaining

Rule #2: Pick a schedule and stick to it no matter what. Be consistent.

That's pretty much it. The rest is really finding something that you have fun streaming. Don't pick something just because it's popular, if you hate it.

And unless you have a golden voice, or are witty as fuck, nobody will watch your stream unless you're attractive. Be honest with yourself and look in the mirror. If you're ugly, don't waste your time.

Stop replying to your own posts, freak.

You'd have to convince the girls to not want to keep what ever donations they pulled in in this warehouse, while giving them only 40%. Youre stealing their money they'd be making on their own unless you payed them extra, which is assuming you have no income to give them extra. You're banking off models to just hand you money while you short change them, that's almost pimping, except a pimp would outright take their money.

viewbots, drama, having a video feed of you much larger than the game and being a woman

>tfw small streamer
>eventually got a couple pretty loyal viewers
>always come to my streams
>tfw dont care about them at all

>It was so fucking annoying because in the middle of cutscenes "HEY THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING DICKBUTT32 AND WELCOME TO MY RETARDED FUCKING DONUT CHANNEL"
>Everyone said to stop that shit and he started timing out people for telling him how annoying it was.

This is why I can't watch any streamers.

I get annoyed as fuck by that shit.

I've also seriously considered dropping my sub to Previously Recorded even though I love RLM. For every actual good episode of Previously Recorded there's like 20+ "stream vods" which are dogshit

The only thing worse than watching a stream, is watching a vod of the stream.

Seriously someone needs to fucking introduce sound channels and video channels to youtube so you can turn off shit like overlays or background music.

Wow! Rude!

Twitch is sad.

I only use it to stream to certain friends and that's about it.

Thought I would browse the Top Channels and by no surprise, someome streaming with their tits taking up more than 1/3rd of the screen. Like, low cut cleavage out wiggling them every so often. How is this shit allowed?

I asked in the chat why her cleavage is taking up so much space and shit, and got mad flamed by white knights.

Really shows how gamers are.

buy a viewbot. Twitch is 95% snowball effect, 5% charisma.

The charisma is mostly just to keep people from immediately leaving your stream.

Best way to get a good starter following is drop a hundred bucks on a view bump (something reasonable for the game, I play CS:GO and my first view bump I bought was 730 viewers, and I hosted a giveaway on top of that, and reached just over 1200 viewers, because I gave away a knife (FT safari mesh gutknife, was about $20 when I did it), made over 600 followers, kept about 450 of those, and even got a few donations when I was streaming.

They sell smaller packs if you play a game like paragon or something though where it'd be suspicious if you suddenly got 600 viewers when the highest viewcount for most streamers is like 50 or 60 people.

The trick is to capitalize on the initial investment to get returning viewers. Giveaways are great, make sure you advertise that you'll be giving away every day or something, and it can be anything. Humble bundle games, cards on steam, anything, idiots will buy it up if you say giveaway.

Since getting partner i've mostly stopped buying bumps though, I have around ~450 viewers concurrent on average, and have around 100 subscribers. Nothing enormous.

Just goes to show that really, skill at the game doesn't matter, you just have to be popular to get more popular.

Bonus points if you're a chick, single viewbump and you'll shit all over everyone else because the teenage userbase comprising twitch will IMMEDIATELY click on tits.

no it really shows how young the main twitch viewerbase is

Either be really good at a game or meme really fucking hard.

After that, hope that some bigger channel either raids or hosts you. Also try to get into a popular network so you can get in contact with other streamers easily.

At this point that's the only way to get big.

Kys

Be lucky enough to receive a raid from a more popular streamer
youtu.be/Tm08ne56A30

Basically, I am a mod for a friends stream.
He got like 5 or so dedicated viewers, all girls for some reason.
It is getting to his head BIG time. I ask the chat what the last game theyd think of when they think of streaming to get some ideas for what games for him to play and he acts like I am trying to "steal" his viewers. I make a joke by hosting his stream and saying "COME CHECK THIS AWESOME STREAM ON MY CHANNEL Kappa" since ya know, it's his stream.... he got super pissed "You're reaching bro, we will talk after this"

Like dude, I don't even stream shit nor am I able to reliably do so at this point in time. Chill the fuck out and get off your high horse. And stop playing Stardew Valley

>tfw EU viewers
>all broken english

I agree it's all snowball effect.

It's the same thing on youtube.

You look at guys like idubbbz who were sitting around 500k - 700k and are now blown up to like 2million in

no, hes a jew

You provide the fast internet, the games, and the hardware.

>someone needs to fucking introduce sound channels
I've been recommending this for years. Sounds sliders for different audio channels.

OBS studio can do it, but twitch only allows 1 audio channel.

I got top 500 on two accounts in overwatch and the only thing I can think of to get people to even know that i stream is to shill in the ingame chat when i get matched up with pros/streamers.

But i haven't done it because shilling like that seems shitty. Should i do it?

I've mostly been doing this stupid gimmick in the voice chat every time that makes people laugh so that hopefully eventually people recognize my name.

Good advice.

Hosting a giveaway while viewbotting would give a reason as why you have so many viewers out of nowhere.

Hadn't thought of that before and I play dirty too.

why? Because I did what you couldn't?

lirik was teamed with some nobody stream during a survivor games.

That streamer got partnered within a week.

satelizergames or whatever.

No don't do that.
Shilling your chat, especially ingame usually makes people ignore you.

If you just stream Overwatch and you're good at it, people will watch you. It's one of those games that has potential viewers that are always looking for new channels.

Howeever, if you must shill then do it on more socially accepted sites. I know this sounds gay but reddit is pretty good at this since you are still relatively anonymous and can shill for your shit without it being totally obvious that you are the streamer.

I wouldn't really recommend doing that but that's how Lirik, who literally is the biggest twitch streamer right now, got a lot of his following.

Don't do giveaways.
After you did it once, people always want more.

And you'll get a lot of people that don't give a single shit about you and are just waiting till you start a new giveaway.

You missed the whole point of my post, which is that snowball effect is far greater than any sort of loyal community. You will grow out of control from just a single good day, as compared to someone who can stream for months and months every day 8+ hours a day, and still sit at like ~20 viewers, that's shit, don't be a fucking sucker.

What's the minimum upload required? Live in AU, Highly doubt 100KBPS would cover it.

The point is that it makes chat active so people won't question the viewbots.

>shill on reddit
Lirik admitted to doing this saying stuff like "hey check this guy out he's funny" under different usernames.

the bare minimum for watchable gameplay in anything but like turn based JRPGs is 3000kb/s up. That'll get you fairly okay quality 720p at 30 fps with no drops and no artifacting.

with 100kb/s up you can probably stream gen 1 pokemon with pretty okay quality when you're not moving, with no face cam.

Snowball effect is what it's all about. It works on twitter too.People follow you because they see others do.

It's the same concept as not turning your blinker on in the turn lane. No one behind you will, but the second you turn on your blinker the whole row will do it too.

Where do you get viewbots now?
I used streambot months ago when it was cheap. The fucking indian that made it quadrupled the price and now only 5% of the bots work because of that twitch change.

Yeah, I was 99.9% sure of that. I'm pretty much screwed unless I move to some industrial area. It's going to take me 5~ hours to upload a 2gig video to youtube :/

Exactly. Giveaways or not doesn't matter. Of course people will expect more but when you build up enough people watching you, that's just a boost, not the core viewership. Just being on the first row of streamers those two nights I viewbotted for the first time, I gained like 800 real viewers that stuck around for almost two weeks. They slowly faded off but i'd already applied for partnership and got it, and then I managed to build up the core viewership by hopping around to different new releases. Lost some viewers, gained new ones that didn't mind variety.

You have to think in terms of your stream as a business. You're not streaming to make friends, you're not even really streaming to play video games (unless you're one of those sad fucks streaming to like 2 people that never talk, in which case, why bother at all? Save the bandwidth, or record on youtube if you want to lie to yourself about "only doing it to have it recorded"), it's business, seriously.

It's like youtube, you can have fun doing it, but by and large it's a business, you're building up a personality.

That's just how it is. All these people saying "if you're good at a game people will watch" are absolutely deluded. No one will, you have to suck the nuts of a more popular streamer, or buy viewbots, those are it. There are no breakout cases and stories anymore, it doesn't happen. The market is saturated, and the only shit that changes is when someone stops streaming and their viewerbase moves on.

So what I'm getting here is to viewbot yourself towards the top of a game page, and then people will come watch you, you'll keep some of those people, and your viewbase will grow?

But how do you go about using a viewbot? Isn't it suspicious that someone with hardly any followers suddenly has a few hundred viewers?

either buy a package that features it as a host, or host a giveaway for a $20 game like rust or h1z1 or something and it's pretty much indistinguishable.

>had internet friend who I used to play vidya with a lot on xbox 360
>one day they just vanished from the face of the internet
>few months ago accidentally found him again, he just moved onto master race before me
>been playing vidya like nothing happened
>he streams on twitch(around about 60 viewers on average) whenever he is playing any game so as a result I usually end up as a sortof secondary streamer since I am always in his streams playin the vidya with him
>a small bit of his viewers actually like me more than him and watch for me and not him
If I wanted to I could probably start streaming myself and mooch about 15-30 viewers off of him but I don't think I will seems like it would be a dick thing to do, plus my computer is set up for gaming, not streaming,

Step 1.
Get a stream overlay that isn't ten kinds of cancer, look up what colors look good together, don't make any non game related bit take up more than 1/4th of 1/4th of the screen, dont have anything off a center division line, etc.

Step 2.
Have a good mic and know what the fuck audio balance is, if you are talking make sure it is heard and decipherable, but make sure it doesn't detract from game audio. Feel free to throw in some audio gimmicks ( Reverb, echo, modulation) in EXTREME moderation. Speak clearly and consistently, don't be wacky, stop that.

Step 3.
Page design, page design, page design. Have a detailed "About your stream" section segmented off into different bits and bobs about you, your stream, what you enjoy, and places in which your followers can catch up on you and know when you are streaming. Link to your social platforms (youtube, twitter, etc.) Use light graphics, make sure are the graphics fit a theme, stick to three color rule, match it to your overlay.

Step 4.
Chat interaction. Get a fucking second monitor you plebian, nobody likes it more than when they get noticed, so fucking notice them. Chat interaction and being able to have conversation with faggots while playing games is literally the difference between tens, and hundreds of followers. Keep them involved, notice return visitors, interact with them. There is a reason fanbases evolve around prolific social personalities.

Step 5.
Scheduling. Be consistent, have your viewers know when you are going to be around, have an average time/day/period in which you will be streaming so you can build a consistent returning fanbase.

Step 6.
Patience. One of the most common things that keeps streamers locked into shit viewer range for prolonged periods of time is when they give up streaming certain things, acting certain ways, or just generally change their stream setup too frequently. Don't chase the popularity pony, focus on consistency

That's it

>Aris set his donation baseline for text to speech as $4.20
>Stupid stoners donate just to hear "rururururururu" and other dumb shit on voice to text on stream.

>how to waste your time and never get viewers
people don't care about an overlay
people don't care about audio balance.
they do care about page design, and chat interaction and scheduling though.

patience is also bad, if you lock yourself into monotony and rigorous monotony beyond being "consistent" it will kill you because everyone will get bored of the same shit every day.

I agree 100%.

Kind of weird hearing about you getting partnered that fast with viewbots...was this a while ago? Twitch turned down dasmehdi because he viewbotted in his first month. Took him like 8 months to get partnered.

Ok so if you viewbot, does no one notice the dead chat / bots saying pre-made messages in chat?

And where do you find viewbots? Sites like these remind of scamming goldselling websites for MMOs.

He just told you exactly how to do it. Fucking fantastic method too.

With viewbots you have to go balls out top of the list or no one joins. I played with viewbots for a while and no one follows unless you're high on the list like top 3.

I would viewbot girl titty gamers in overwatch from 0 to 50 and they got 3 followers after 2 hours.

Yeah, it was back in 2014. I'd been streaming CS:GO for months at that point and got sick of having 2 or 3 viewers so I set up a giveaway and had it in the title for about 2 weeks, then when the day came I put "GIVEAWAY KNIFE FREE FOR ALL NO SUBS" and boom I had almost 100 viewers there, then the view bump started and It started rising, and I ended up around 1200 people all in all.

I partnered pretty much immediately after that, expecting a no because they generally want viewerships to be more lasting, but I guess because the viewerbase was sticking around 750-800 every day because I just kept the giveaway in my title (and was giving away shit free skins or shit that was like 3 cents), so they figured I would last after that.

Have no concept of inner dialog. Just talk to yourself all the fucking time and act like everything about the game surprises you.
"OMG i hit start and this menu comes up"

Awesome, man. I'm getting fired up. Now I just need to find a viewbot site that works and that isn't controlled by twitch to autoban people.

This thread made me sad.

All I'm hearing is you have no chance unless you viewbot or have connections with already established streamers.

>People don't care about an overlay
Yes they fucking do, if you are at the bottom rungs and streaming games that get other streamers or that people want to watch, a good overlay and setup of your stream will set you apart and grab viewers in a range where most people couldnt give two shits about who it is and just want to watch the game.

>People don't care about audio balance
Bull fucking shit, noone is going to sit there where the game is too loud and they have to struggle to hear someone speaking, or they can't hear the game because the streamer is at the forefront, balancing audio keeps both camps happy and will keep both interested enough to stick around to see you play.

>Patience is bad
There is a reason I listed it last and behind chat interaction, people do get bored of the same shit every day, but if you are gathering people changing the formula will push them away, chat interaction is why it's so low on the ladder because it helps you gauge what people who follow you value, and taking ideas and inspiration from them, rather than growing impatient about the numbers going up and changing things drastically, is the way to go.

I listed things pertaining to first impressions first, it is what is most important when you are first starting out. First glances and the first few moments of someone viewing your stream is extremely important. and having a shit overlay, and an audio balance that does not bridge a general gap, will leave you circling a low viewer amount for longer than you have too.

I know reddit, but there is a whole subreddit dedicated to shit twitch overlays, and if you actually watch their streams they have consistent and decent content, but even after months they will remain at shit viewer counts. Presentation is extremely important, "Overlay" is a broad terminology, you don't have to have fancy graphics or a theme, you have to have a setup that isn't garbage and know how to balance what's on the screen to grab and keep focus.

because it's the truth. Same shit as youtube. Great content creators have uploaded content weekly, sometimes daily for the last decade and barely break 5,000 subscribers. "passion" means nothing, just like TV it's all fake, it's all scripted, it's all designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Welcome to the real world where everything's made of cardboard.

Just to add on, what do you expect when there's real money on the line? People are going to take it seriously and do everything they can to exploit the market for their own gain.

I'm diamond in league and gladiator in wow

Do you think my best bet is to start my stream with one of those, or just stream my other games I play for fun and hope for the best?

See if he wants to officially make it a two-man stream. There's a lot of duos in Let's Plays/twitch streams, or people who trade off streaming on the same brand. Look at Vinesauce.

>league

lel

Either be a pro player

Become a girl

Or cater to a niche crowd.

As of recently, my own channel is only surging with popularity because I'm transitioning between player status of nobody to pro, because some brand is taking a gamble on us. Mixed in with people I've played with and streamers I used to know kinda helps. News travels fast on twitter as well I guess.

you could try both. Set some days for wow and/or league streams and some days for other games.

getting LoL viewers might be harder, though, as there's already an immense amount of top ranked LoL streams.

>2 weeks ago
Don't you need to sign with a network to be able to monetize videos? Did YouTube change it so anyone can monetize their videos?

No but networks literally jump on any channel these days.
They try to reel new channels in early because they trick them into signing really unfair contracts.