Do you pre-order games?

Pre-ordering a game is single-handedly the worst way to spend your money.

Good job.

Whoa. Hey guys, welcome to EB Games.

Nigga looks like fucking Kingseeker Frampt

Copy that

a lot

especially when I have nothing better to do between the release and the announcement

I buy from key sites a few weeks early to get the best price, if that counts.

Not since Halo 2. Gamestop took my money for the preorder but wouldn't actually sell me the game the day of because I was underage.

No. Normally pirate them until they drop in price. Then let them sit in my steam library

Very much so, if I feel the product has won my money to warrant a purchase, I'm willing to pre-order it.
Now this doesnt mean every pre-purchase I've made has been worthy, but for the most part I've not be dissapointed by the end product.

Why on earth would I preorder something that is infinite, let alone usually broken as fuck on release?

I guess ordering on Amazon early counts as preordering? It doesn't charge you until it ships though. The last game I've truly preordered was Planet Coaster because it's on sale and I know it's going to be good.

Physical and digital copies of games are finite, so I have never seen the point.

Pre-ordering just for "exclusive content" is stupid as most of the time that content becomes available as paid DLC a few months down the line.

>are finite

are NOT finite*

>physical copies aren't finite

Are you retarded?

They basically are. If a store runs out, all they have to do is order more copies.

But they'll stop making copies of a game after awhile. And some digital copies only have so many keys depending on the service they're on, like the original Mafia.

Only Nintendo games because they're the only company that doesn't try and fuck you over pre-release

I only preordered MGSV TPP for Xbox 360. The game was shit. Never again.

>ITT poorfags lament how disgustingly poor they are

Being rich and wasting your money on stupid shit is just as bad if not worse than being poor.

I used to get burned on so many pre-order games that I eventually stopped.

I now have a strict two-week policy before I buy anything.

Yeah

I don't see the point of pre-ordering games at all

unless you're buying physical and you think the store will run out of copies, then it's silly to do

It's not just about wasting your money. It's about not being too much of a dumb faggot to support awful business practice because you didn't want to take the time to research something before you bought it.

Half of the shit on steam greenlight and XBL arcade subsists entirely on people like you who think "Well the name sounds good, and it's only five dollars. I'm not a POORFAG am I?"

I pre-ordered Halo 3 and that's about it. So I guess not.

Haven't preordered a game since Halo 3.

But I only preorder things that I know will be good or are in limited supply.

No, but I imported SMB3 when it came out.

Yes. Im not a fag that preorders every game because OHNEWSHINY. I know what im getting

It depends. Some niche games only get a handful of runs of their physical edition.

only bethesda and pokemon games and some times lego

Yeah but that is on the complete opposite spectrum of pre-ordering.

I don't as often as I used to. I have both Final Fantasy XV and World of Final Fantasy pre-ordered but the last game before them that I pre-ordered was probably the Uncharted Collection.

This poorfag argument is extremely lazy. It has nothing to do with perpetuating dishonest marketing behavior.

>I don't as often as I used to.

Sounds like you still do. Uncharted Collection isn't even that long ago.

>currently has 2 games pre-ordered
>in comparison to an unlisted amount prior
>sounds like you still do

Fuck no.
I also stopped going to GameStop because they won't stop harassing me to do so.
>was wearing pic related
>wouldn't leave me alone about preordering Xenoverse 2.
>I don't even like fighting games

Why is it that the people who make this claim are always actually poor people?
I have quite a few friends who all preorder every game they want even if there are sirens going off that it's going to be shit like with NMS and they're always low on cash because of it.
Then my other friends who don't preorder everything even if they do buy lots of games aren't poor.

Are preorder fags just inherently bad with money or something?
>anecdote
I know but the base argument for
>poorfags don't buy games
is retarded anyway

It'll be a year ago next month.

The only other games I've preordered in the past few years are Final Fantasy and Sonic. Huge mistake with the last couple of games, probably won't pre-order next years entries unless they look really promising closer to the time.

Thought you meant this.

Also why in the fuck would you pay full price for WoFF?

The last thing I pre-ordered was pic related for Xbone because I am a sucker for collector memorabilia. I had the Batmobile edition pre-ordered and paid in full until they scrapped them a week before launch.

Never

the fact he's pre-ordering FFXV and WoFF doesn't help his cause

Only the day before release since amazon offers 20% off all preorders

Is that with prime?

Yeah
Fast shipping, free returns, completely random sales, so worth it and I'm not even a shill

only japanese games

Only thing I ever pre-orded was the Orange box which fortunately was money well spent (TF2 wasn't aids at the time), other I wait for demo/review.

Only if it's a series I absolutely adore. I'll pay it off months ahead just out of excitement.

Pic related. Waiting on not one, but TWO Shantae games to drop.

>MGSV on 360

Lol

REPEAT: DO NOT FALL FOR PRIME MEME
YOU WILL BUY TOO MANY THINGS

Only if they're one of the games that Best Buy couples with a $10 gift card, and even then I don't do it unless I'm super excited for a game.

I just preordered XCOM 2 on PS4 since it comes out in a couple days.

fucking this

Whoa...

>TWO

They already announced what is coming after half genie hero?

My rules:
1. Never preorder.
2. Never buy Early Access.
3. Never buy a game within two weeks of its release.

He looks like a fuckin worm coming out a apple

I learned my lesson about preordering a long time ago. There is zero reason to buy a game day one at full price nowadays.

The whole concept of preordering just exists to produce an artificial sense of scarcity, like if people don't "secure their purchase" weeks or months ahead of time, there won't be any copies left by the time they get there.

I have like 50 orders this year so far

>having money and enjoying yourself is as bad as me pls ;_;

Last game I pre-ordered was MGSV : TPP , and it probably is going to be the last one I ever pre-order. Usually torrented the games if they didn't have multiplayer or the multiplayer was only playable if it needed to be bought.

Just better to wait and see the reviews for games these days. The devs for some games just exaggerated what their product really is.

And vidyagames being entertainment, paying a few $$ more just to have it first doesn't pay off in the end for me anyway.

I don't play anymore, the games now have just decayed to such a shit level. Its all repetitive, nothing original to me any more.

>enjoying yourself
Read next time

Nope. I've only ever been burned once on pre-ordering, and to me, that's too many times.

every experience I've had with gamestop has been fucking awful

maybe I will preorder nier automata on amazon, maybe

Being an idort, the only reason I've stopped is because I want to find out which version is the least fucked.

I got burned af on Batman Arkham Knight on PC.

No, Limited Run games are doing both Half-Genie and Risky's Revenge on physical PS4 and Vita in October.