What is best? Monster Hunter 4 or Generations?

What is best? Monster Hunter 4 or Generations?

If Generations wouldn't have that fucked, arbitrary unlock system, it would be that.
As it stands, 4U.

And 3U on WiiU is better then both.

So when is MH coming back to console? :\

Hm I see, I want tô buy a New one (already played a lot of 3u) but am not sure whether tô buy 4u or Generations..

Where can I read about this unlock system?

It works like this:
>complete certain quests to unlock other quests and the ability to craft certain weapons/armor
The problem, however, is...
>the requiments are not shown anywhere, meaning you just need to fuck around or wiki a quest"chain"
>the requiments are also completetly arbitrary, sometimes completing quests and unlocking something that has no connection to the quests you just did

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

generations. Because I said so

Most of Cred Forums will say 4U, ignore them and 4U and move to generation!

MH4

Generations feels way too easy. Monsters are dropping way faster than expected and the styles turn the game into a cake walk.

I liked 3U the most for its atmosphere. Tanzia and moga are the best villages and all of its monsters were pretty good save for water and elder dragons.

4U had some weird shit like the excursions where only certain monsters could be hunted at least early on. It also brought back a shit ton of shitty monsters. the elevation gimick was also pretty wonky.

Generations made the raths finally tolerable to fight so I like that about it and some of the new styles are fun to mess with, but they still kept shitty monsters that 4U brought back like Khezu.

I'd say Gen is at least better than 4U

4u did the same thing.

The Silvery Spear quest
prereq: Advanced: Beyond the Pale
Silvery spear unlocks: Advanced: All in Its Place

just as a quick example.
There was an 6 quest chain to unlock wystones which were REQUIRED for the game that made you fuck around or "wiki a quest chain".

Caravan
Forge Ahead
Death of Thousand Cuts

Guild Hall
G1 Advance Tiger-Sharq
G2 Advanced Spider Study
G2 Advanced: Escaped Convicts
G3 Advanced: Lab Partners

>they got their spinoff game to run at nearly 60fps most of the time
>meanwhile their mainline game, that ACTUALLY needs the fps, doesn't run at 60

I agree with this user. So glad gen brought back more 3rd gen monsters.

Imagine a world in which gen was released on the vita

Hard to choose..

In which game is that?

The monster is in 4U and Gen

Freedom

Zamtrios a cute.