Is the first Legend of Zelda worth a play?

Is the first Legend of Zelda worth a play?

If you have to ask, you are either too Young or too casual to enjoy it.

Start with this.

It's a pretty neat chunk of history and it's responsible for more than you might think. Maybe play it a little, but it's not super rewarding for how frustrating it is.

I wasn't born in the 80's but I enjoyed all the other games. Now I have a chance to play it. Should I? Is it good? Is it worth it?

yes. and you're even allowed to use an overworld map

I already have that game. I'm not that young.

I agree with this. The game is a guide game, for the most part, there's quite a bit of obscure shit in there. You might have fun but honestly the biggest reason to play it is because of it's history.

Skip to Ocarina of Meme

It takes a bit to get used to the tile based movement but yeah, it's a challenge but a fair one. Definitely worth a play.

yeah, but don't be afraid to look up a guide for this one

It has held up better than a lot of other NES games but it is still going to piss you off and waste a lot of your time. You could do a lot worse though.

The game came out 30 years ago, with a manual and a map. Expect a bunch of crypt shit that will be almost impossible to find without a guide because you were supposed to read the manual and share secrets with your friends after school.

Also fuck the combat, wish link would use his sword 180ยบ and not just a stupid stab

It's pretty good. Don't use a guide and enjoy having to work for success.

>it's responsible for more than you might think.

Nah.

This. Kill yourself, OP.

Reminder that you are a total faggot if you use a guide and you should just off yourself then.

Dragon slayer was an RPG, with different combat mechanics

Hydlide is more like Zelda, but done poorly

>game came with a guide
>" you are a total faggot if you use a guide"

kys

Of course.

I mean, like most "original" games of that era, it's complete dogshit gameplay and design wise.

You would probably enjoy it as a novelty though. To see where the series started. Anyone hailing it as some masterpiece is delusional, though.

Fuck all that and play Crystalis.

Well shucks, but it's still at least responsible for popularizing its concepts and executing them well. Can't speak to the quality of those games since I haven't played em.

>instruction manuals are guides

THIS MODERN AGE

by reading that game's title, i now have the overworld theme stuck in my head

Spotted the neo-Cred Forums babby.

>PAL version

barf

No, it's not. It's objectively a very bad game and we're lucky the series didn't end with such a bad title.

It's still a fun game and nothing in the first quest is that hard to figure out.
The second quest starts pulling bullshit like having walk-through-walls in dungeons that are never hinted at, and a bunch of one way path rooms that can force you to traverse an entire dungeon over and over until you figure out the correct route. Second quest also has the red and blue Bubble enemies which can be hair pulling.