Cancelled Games Thread

Winter (Wii) was a cancelled horror game for the Wii, with gameplay very similar to Silent Hill 1-3.

A prototype (see video) was made in only 6 weeks by a team of 12 people, and while ultimately shelved because the Wii audience is casual AF and publishers are big babies. (also the naked female monster with her saggy tits flopping about was likely considered haram by Nintendo).

youtube.com/watch?v=rS-AK1SwqDg

Ultimately, this absolute fucking gem of a game went on to influence Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which by comparison is about as scary as wet bread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEWrAa0FwRI
youtube.com/watch?v=fZVBC7RcQqU
youtube.com/watch?v=RDOZvKWXDP4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5cANFk2FRE
youtube.com/watch?v=FvOFYZ5Cm2I
youtube.com/watch?v=P7aY6Y6-HjU
youtube.com/watch?v=MtAvsrA0Tvk
youtube.com/watch?v=HuT6eIWdAqE
youtube.com/watch?v=aV5OxuihF3A
youtube.com/watch?v=oVrDpCK6wfs
youtube.com/watch?v=2FW2HIQogH8
youtube.com/watch?v=pDr09o1dVyY
mobile.twitter.com/LunarSoftware/status/712267043597393920
youtube.com/watch?v=1swY4ZiBaQ8
youtu.be/T8dvMDFOFnA
youtube.com/watch?v=POZEB-H_k_0
youtube.com/watch?v=mMWW7Znv0vY
youtube.com/watch?v=rkoi6WCCJHY
youtube.com/watch?v=FVfKr51I1bE
youtube.com/watch?v=ko8ttEiaMII
youtube.com/watch?v=3bKphYfUk-M
youtube.com/watch?v=_QIpMfY3Vk0
youtube.com/watch?v=CLRBB2JKS5c
youtube.com/watch?v=BdVedBa0-mk
youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
store.steampowered.com/app/489070/
youtube.com/watch?v=eoGNaP84kl4
youtube.com/watch?v=b32ngPEXY08
youtube.com/watch?v=rkZ_76eFG2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=NxpIyZYZ8sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N8wS2nUxYcY
youtube.com/watch?v=KoIFrQbkhD4
youtube.com/watch?v=smLUynqNRyg
youtube.com/watch?v=pR2DDLyAQ4E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-Space
youtube.com/watch?v=96WZJusSqR0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_(video_game)
youtu.be/MyvARfjomr8?t=2m46s
youtube.com/watch?v=PJDMJaJbRtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9-M0YaNAJEw
indiegogo.com/projects/edge-of-twilight-return-to-glory-game-rpg#/
twitter.com/FUZZYEYES_PR
twitter.com/FUZZYEYES_PR/status/733674756554260480
youtube.com/watch?v=c3u3oFjjiFo
youtube.com/watch?v=oxlOoS4NmIA
youtu.be/4ZonRWlSy7k?t=59
youtube.com/watch?v=iYecRr7cf0g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZICPDBJW228
67.media.tumblr.com/5625809be67dfeecf8b8b530f6fdcb8d/tumblr_o8rsvvEAFM1s4ttwwo5_500.png
gdcvault.com/play/1015306/The-Art-of-Diablo
gdcvault.com/play/1023469/Classic-Game-Postmortem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_(video_game)
youtube.com/watch?v=jRJF-vg6UDc
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6d/Ironsword_cover.png/250px-Ironsword_cover.png
youtu.be/tzlVkkAl2bA
egmnow.com/articles/news/sony-talks-about-cancelled-the-legend-of-dragoon-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=80_x6bmzluc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

prey 2

Wow, thanks now I'm pissed that this will never exist. That game seemed fantastically atmospheric.

the last guardian ps3.jpg

Silent Hills

I remember seeing this when I got a wii, I was so pumped. It reminded me alot more of Silent Hill 1, just how the graphics looked. This game should be completed.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII was a game planned for the PlayStation 3 as part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy series. It was intended to be a companion game to Final Fantasy XIII alongside the mobile game Final Fantasy Agito XIII. The theme of Versus XIII was "a fantasy based on reality", and the game was to take place in a setting similar to contemporary Earth.

However, Final Fantasy XIII ended up becoming a series on its own. Final Fantasy Agito XIII became Final Fantasy Type-0 for the PlayStation Portable, that spanned its own world and series, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII never really took shape. It was ultimately cancelled and never heard of again.

Year of the Butterfly
Redwood Falls
Megaman Legends 3
I'm sure there's other stuff too
Fuck you

>this is still up for preorder at my local game store's website
How sad

DELETE THIS

ACTUALLY NO, DON'T DELETE THE SUBJECT MATTER IN YOUR POST BUT DELETE THE POST, NOW.

BETHESDA KNOWS BESTHESDA

>likely considered haram by Nintendo
Manhunt 2 was published on Wii

tsunami fucking rekt the dev's building

Looked pretty good for something that was only 6 weeks in development, shame. But what's up with the Lord of the Rings music when fighting the wolf?

Fuck this looks really cool. The monster design at the end is legitimately creepy

This game never existed.

I'll never not be mad.

Gun Loco was a cancelled third person shooter with wacky characters for the xbox360 that I used to spam on console exclusive threads to get the hopes of xbox kids up.

youtube.com/watch?v=YEWrAa0FwRI

I think the devs went under too.

Anyways, Bomberman 3DS, Chocobo Racing 3DS, and the Devils Third build they originally showed off.

The wolf music sounds really out of place, but was probably a placeholder.

post link

>that I used to spam on console exclusive threads to get the hopes of xbox kids up.

That's kinda odd considering the trailer was almost universally shit on the day it was revealed.

Also Illbleed was going to get an original Xbox port. That never happened even though it was 90% done, and the dev ended up dying in 2002.

Speaking of canceled horror games, we never got to play D2 running on the M2, only the sequel in name only on the Dreamcast

this will never not hurt

Metroid Dread

Placeholder music to evoke what they want the final product to feel like. In this case, an epic one-on-one with a wolf.

Remember that this was a pitch for publishers to look at so they have to win them over on the concept.

Did they ever officially can Zone of the Enders 3 or Half Life 3?

What's up with the LOTR song though?

ITT: People want what they can't have [spoilernot that I can blame them[/spoiler]

>A prototype (see video) was made in only 6 weeks by a team of 12 people, and while ultimately shelved because the Wii audience is casual AF and publishers are big babies. (also the naked female monster with her saggy tits flopping about was likely considered haram by Nintendo).

Yea, I'm not buying any of that. The Wii had its share of hardcore games including Shatter Memories and if the only thing holding it back was titties they could have easily toned it down then released an "uncensored" version on another platform.

They probably just couldn't secure funding and threw everything in the past.

Fifth Phantom Saga, it was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive FPS game made by Sega, it had some cool concepts, like time travel and a "ghost" that could do things for you, it was ultimately cancelled due to poor reception.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZVBC7RcQqU

Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 was supposed to be a game changing revolutionary RPG from cdprojecktred(acclaimed RPG devs ).
Finally it was concluded that they bit off more than they could chew and hence forth been considered vapourware

Diablo 3 from blizzard north. If only you still existed on a secret flash drive. How I wish I could of played you.

Sometimes I still go back and look at the reveal trailer and that concept art.

No, the original video was to recruit talent and interest.

The game only entered actual production after Witcher 3 was finished.

>same developer as Geist

I wouldn't be too sad about not playing it. Game probably would've had an amazing idea gone to waste through sloppy execution.

if only

The first person version of the Xcom shooter people screamed at.

It was probably going to be really cool but instead we got the beuro, the only xcom game I can't finish because of how fucking boring it is.

I can't believe we got Force Unleashed 2 instead of this.

it hurts

>beuro

How long was that in developement? It seems like yesterday that game was caanceled, and Force Unleashed 2 is pretty old isn't it?

Another day, another shitpost

It became XV

Both games were being developed simutaneously, but LucasArts decided to focus on Force Unleashed II first, the problem is that once Disney bought Star Wars they cancelled everything that was under development, I think one of the devs said one that the game was like 80% finished when Disney came and shut the whole thing down.

wow... that just makes it feel worse.

I remember this game had a cool looking trailer and was stoked for its release, only to find out so many years later that it was cancelled

youtube.com/watch?v=RDOZvKWXDP4

As awesome as that game sounds, if it was wii exclusive then I lost interest. The wii is garbage

Game looks clunky as hell, but damn if that monster design wasn't great.

That true crime game that was supposed to be like streets of LA but in Boston got canceled after that whole blm terrorist organization got together and went all Ape shit on the developers. They wouldn't have to be ashamed about the damn game of they would just stop monkeying around up there. I think I heard that after the residents started going bananas, the company considered making it into some kind of gorilla warfare game. Shame I wouldn't mind a game where you can be above the law and shoot the shit out of some retarded primates. What really ticked them off about the game though was that any thug you captured you could drag them back to your yard and hang them with all the rest of them. Just be sure to turn off your bodycams.

FFXII sequel. Forgot what it was called but Basche gets cucked and then killed. So Im glad it got trashed.

Keep telling yourselves that

>Type-0
>Spanned its own world

Did it? I thought that bullshit had fal'cie and l'cie and the other gay shit 13 had

Cred Forumss quality in the last 4 years

Cred Forumss quality for the last 4 years was a cancelled game? What are you even trying to shitpost right now

There was suppose to be a game based on Taxi driver, for the ps2/xbox.
I was hype as soon as I heard about it, this was suppose to come out around the same time as vice city so imagine, we would have had 1 open world sandbox game based on the 80's and one based on the 70's.

Funding got cut in the planning stages and channelled into what would later become Lords of Shadow :c

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5cANFk2FRE

It was about halfway done on the PS1 before Inafune insisted it be canned and released on the then-upcoming PS2 instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=FvOFYZ5Cm2I

WOW... That sounds fucking terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=P7aY6Y6-HjU

>First ever eastern game running under UE3
>gets cancelled
>7 years later eastern dev houses start licencing the engine heavily, including namco

Strange how things turn out as time goes on.

LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=HuT6eIWdAqE

sadamphibian.png

Any one have the current timeline of events about RE 1.5?

Lily Bergamo. Fuck China and fuck Suda for selling out.

youtube.com/watch?v=aV5OxuihF3A

It looked like an Uncharted knock-off.

God, I'm still annoyed about this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=oVrDpCK6wfs

Was Deep Down officially ever canned?

Here's how you shitpost properly
>Cred Forums once conceived a board for discussing video games called Cred Forums
>While this idea was scrapped, they reused the name for a then in development second random board

Because it is.

FUCKING DELETE THIS REEEEEEEEEEE

Yea what the fuck, what actually happened to that.

Lily Bergamo being canceled was the final straw for me regarding Suda51.

Instead of a nice game, we get a shitting PvP game that no one wants because SudaBaby just had to do something regarding social online gameplay or some shit like that.

I'm sad now, thx OP

Deep Down is on hiatus. Which means theyre no longer working on it but might at some point.
All the games I bought a PS4 for have went multiplat or were cancelled, literally every single one Wheres Kingdom Under Fire 2, its been 8 years with 3 betas

Ded no publisher/funding

Mother fuckers.. Every single one of them..

>I'm still mad because I can't play is a little girl anime character because i'm a virgin neet. *cries*
Why do people say that game had "so much promise" when there's literally only 1 trailer for it and it looked dumb?

Looks a lot better when compared to that crappy F2P game they are doing.

I think people were more interested in the setting and characters you'd interact with and not so much the chest high walls and 3rd person shooting

Denying facts is for faggots

Wasn't there supposed to be a Getaway game out on the PS3? I remember was around the same time as GTAIV and it also looked beeter. Only thing I remember was a demo of it's day and night sequence.

Even Nier went PC. i did not expect that. What baffles me is Sony had thr audacity to release a PS4 Pro with little to no reason of ownership. It's like they don't care about their games as long as they look presentable.

Same thing with No Man's Sky. You show some vague shit and people's imaginations run wild about how it might meet their interests. I mean the game COULD have been good, but we literally have no reasonable basis to think that it was going to be.

:(

No, it doesn't because 1. there's no gameplay 2. the only reason you people think this is because you can play as some shitty, generic anime girl.

It was part of the trailers of games that never saw the light of day E3 2005 PS3 reveal. Sony lied and lied some more.

Steven Spielberg was once in the video games business as a result of a consultation partnership with EA, although his only released game from that effort was 2008's puzzler Boom Blox. But in Arkane Studios' LMNO, we would have had a chance to see what the storied film director could do with a narrative-driven game. The minimal existing footage is pretty stuff, showing a warmly lit '50s diner and your companion, an alien-looking woman named Eve. As is only fitting for a project Spielberg was involved in, LMNO was meant to pull emotional strings, but it was also expected to deliver an unforgettable first-person adventure combining parkour-based escape sequences with roleplaying elements. But it didn't last long. In 2010, EA confirmed that LMNO had been cancelled. In a sprawling longform feature, 1UP detailed the reasons for the cancellation, which basically came down to over-ambition, whether it was in its drive for new types of combat, new types of character interaction, or new replayability options. Ultimately, EA executives didn't like the short demo the team made, and the majority of the staff was laid off in 2008. By 2009 the project landed in the lap of developer Louis Castle, who tried to turn it into a more traditional game called The Escape Artist, but in its push for online multiplayer games at the time, EA soon dropped that, too.

The titular Agent of Rockstar North's Long-awaited spy thriller must be the greatest secret agent around, as people have been talking about him since 2007 and even now nobody really knows anything about him. The most we really have about the game is a logo and some pretty environmental screenshots, and we know it was set in the 1970s and featured political assassinations and espionage. But that was the end of that. Agent was never publicly cancelled, and in 2010 Rockstar announced the (intended) PS3 exclusive was still in development. But by 2011, Sony CEO Jack Tretton was saying he wasn't even sure if Agent was still a Sony exclusive, and fears were further stoked in August of 2013 when the subscription service GameFly announced the game had been removed from users' queues. Still, publisher Take-Two Interactive did renew its trademarks that same year, and in December of last year Rockstar artist Darren Charles Hatton posted some new screenshots. But those posts were likely just for nostalgia. From all outward appearances, Agent is dead.

>game was canceled
>oh it would have been the best game ever and saved gaming

Please stop

More like Ayy LMNO

SOP-TAS, entering system 10-536-B. The two outer planets are gas giants - as expected. The third planet though seems oddly shaped, like a giant white lump. Altering trajectory for fly-by.

Still salty

I hope FFXV delivers but it won't be the same without Nomura. That guy simply knows how to direct games and make them fun.

it's nice to imagine what could have been and it's nice to play pretend
youtube.com/watch?v=2FW2HIQogH8

Is XV filled with incompetent people?

What upsets me even more is now that Disney owns Star Wars, we will never get anything revolving around the Clone War era.

Gonna get original trilogy shit because nostalgia meme fags and current trilogy because it'll sell.

Prequel movies/acting were shit, but it has a lot more potential than either of the other two eras.

Except it looked more like a Suda game then whatever shit it got turned to, no manner how how ass blasted you are over anime tits.

Because mech games just don't sell :^)
Fuck every last gook shitbag that works for NCsoft. I hope I live to see fatboy shell their cities to rubble in my lifetime.

youtube.com/watch?v=pDr09o1dVyY

Just out of curiosity what about this looked good to you?

what the fuck are you smoking

DELETE THIS

Yeah, I mean he's really just made final fantasy games so good lately right??? i mean the best ones have definitely been the games over the past few years right??????

There was this multiplayer type demo in which you played as templars or something and one of the weapons you used was a three-sided dagger. It has parkour elements, I wish I remembered the name, the gameplay looked fun.

Obligatory.

At least partially, yes.
Type-0 team and Tabata as a director is not exactly bad, but they're average at best.

Also, their lead programmer who worked with SE since forever left the project and the comapny in 2014 (I think).

13 series isnt bad

I let go of a lot of franchises that were dear to me because of bullshit like this. It's simply not worth holding out any hope for.

it actually exists and it was made by arkane, it's basically done but they never released it, they even play it in the offices sometimes

mobile.twitter.com/LunarSoftware/status/712267043597393920

I still have no hope though

What are you on about, he never directed a single FF game before that.
But KH games as arpgs vary from good to fucking amazing-tier.
Versus was supposed to be the project of his dream, but now he'll be doing VII:R instead thanks to SE.

>we are absolutely on the tail end :)
>Mar 22

pottery kek

Sounds like risky business. Too bad we'll have to wait for reviews.

This game wasn't cancelled but what they originally showed off looks so drastically different from the final product, along with the lighting and level props and animations not being finished, the absolute biggest change is the boost and its effect, anyone whos played the game knows what I mean by how weird this looks from the final game

youtube.com/watch?v=1swY4ZiBaQ8

That's really depressing. Imagine that, making and finishing a game only to never release it.

>Sony had the AUDACITY to let you optionally upgrade your hardware
#ugh

Oh enough of your bullshit. According to you faggoys no game is scary. Shit the fuck already and let's just enjoy this gameplay footage you piece of literal shit.

You could grit an entire years worth of snow with the salt this game generates. Yes it exists, but this version is basically scrapped.

youtu.be/T8dvMDFOFnA

It hurts. I fucking love the Wii because of its potential and few games that fully utilize that potential, but man, the Wii could be much more even with the limited graphic power.

Complain all you want about Skyward Sword but it was a step foward to motion controllers. I haven't found Red Steel 2 but I'm fucking dying to play it. The console also lacked interesting FPS other than the Prime series, which is amazing considering FPS games were everywhere back then and the Wii controller was perfect and I much prefer it to KB+Mouse.

>Type-0
>good

Fuck off back to tumblr

Not save gaming, but consider that most games that are canned tend to be those that tried something different. At least you wouldve had a somewhat unique experience with them, instead of something playing it safe.

What was that game that went through a complete overhaul but kept the 4 characters it had, only it went from being a goofy action game to a serious no-mark 3rd person shooter.

Don't talk shit to me about Shattered Memories. It's the best Walking Simulator.

Honest question, seeing how MGSV turned out, had Konami never fired Kojima, would people trust him with Silent Hills?

I never get angry or sad when a game gets cancelled, or has content removed. However, pic related and BF3 really make me feel genuinely sad.

What are you talking about, kojimadrones love the unfinished piece of shit MGS5 was

Truly all I wish for is the chance to scream in the face of every unwashed, fat, balding Disney exec about what worthless scum they are for stepping in and single handedly killing an entire universe just because they could. How I'd like little spit fleks of my enraged screaming to land upon their faces as I finally have a 3rd heart attack during the rant which is enough to finally, mercifully kill me so that I can die happy knowing I've shattered their protected little bubbles of smug self-superiority for even a moment.

I'm not talking about normies, you can't deny that V is at the very least divisive on this board.

Having a reading comprehension issue, buddy?

If they didn't fire Kojima, MGSV would be released probably next year with all its content, people would love the game more than they do compared to its current version (which is also incredibly beloved by casuals) and then SHs was going to be expected with anticipation when it releases in 2026

Overstrike, which turned into Fuse.

Amusingly, as Overwatch shows us, people would have actually fucking loved Overstrike pre-butchery.

>tfw no more Age of Empires games

Those were my very first PC games, I wish Microsoft would had let them work on a fourth instead of Halo Wars.o

No one with a brain blames Kojima for MGSV, everyone knows that Konami is a shit hole of a publisher that doesn't understand video games.

Furthemore, PT is probably the only horror game I've enjoyed since I was a child.

Yes, I think Kojima would make a good horror game, in fact, I'm glad he's done with MGS, that fucking game should have been dead after MGS3 and it's not surprising that it got worse and worse.

You need passion to make good games, Kojima's passion for MGS has been dead since the middle of MGS4's development.

Not matter what happened, Silent Hills would have been better than most of the other Silent Hill games, aside from 2 and 3, Silent Hill is full of fucking trash, it isn't hard to beat.

Bottom Line: Kojima has a lot of people sucking his dick, but he honestly does make good games when Konami isn't trying to fuck him in the ass. I look forward to DS.

youtube.com/watch?v=POZEB-H_k_0

Lionhead's B.C

NEVER EVER

I highly doubt they wouldn't have told him to finish V regardless.

Silent Hills was 80% done according to Del Toro and Kojima, it likely would have released mid-2016.

What was the reason for this?

Sounds like bullshit. Konami would have released the game instead of cancelling it if it was that late into development. MGSV was probably 80% done too.

no fucking way konami would be so stupid

I unironically like KUF Circle of Doom.

It never stops hurting.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMWW7Znv0vY

Elveon. Game was canceled like 6 years ago after a long time being in production. It was to be a fucking sword fighting elf game. Such a shame.

Fuck you Intel
youtube.com/watch?v=rkoi6WCCJHY
youtube.com/watch?v=FVfKr51I1bE
And also fuck LucasArts
youtube.com/watch?v=ko8ttEiaMII
youtube.com/watch?v=3bKphYfUk-M

>EA claims they cancelled it because of concerns over quality

Yeah, nah. The company who released Tiberium Twilight has no leg to stand on over "quality".

It would have been great since the first two sucked because they didn't know shit about 3D mechanics.

I mentioned this a while in another thread about lost betas, but I used to work for Blizz and had a ton of old shit I had accumulated over the years and planned to share at some point. Most of it was work I took home with me for one reason or another and promptly forgot about over the years, some of it was random crap I hauled out of my office when I left. I planned to catalogue all of it but never got around to it, and the boxes that stuff was in got burned to a crisp when mom moved them, on top of a heater vent, and almost burned the house down.

One of the first games I worked on at Blizz was SC: Ghost as a programmer, artist, and level designer, and I know some of the shit I had in one box was Xbox Hueg related, including a devkit and some discs that might have had builds or data related to it on them.

Just think, there might have been a playable build of this game in my hands and now it's gone. Thanks mom.

Also had some old WoW related stuff, some old old builds that I don't think we even had archives of anymore officially (like the very first one that was shown in magazines like CGW, that had the qt as fuck sorceress)

That pronoun use always makes me think the person speaking is fluent in French

Now I'm mad, because that looks genuinely good.

Supposedly some feedback from nip testers convinced them the game was too good to waste on F2P shit so that's why it's back to the drawing board besides not having the funding

>it's been three years since I took this screenshot

;_;

>No way Konami would be so stupid.

Ask castlevania fans.

Also, Starcraft Ghost was cancelled when it was completed. It fucking happens man.

youtube.com/watch?v=_QIpMfY3Vk0

>Konami
>Not being that stupid
>Even all pachinko memes aside, they've got nothing worthwhile on docket

Prey 2 was finished, when Bethesda decided to cancel it. So yeah this shit happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=CLRBB2JKS5c

>Knights Templar
>Time Travel
>Alternate Dimension France

I would have gladly taken this over 10 years of Assassin's Creed.

What is it that drives publishers and big companies to become actually, literally, unironically retarded manchildren/wastes of good human skin

>Wheres Kingdom Under Fire 2

Have they decided to remake the entire game again yet?

How many times have they done that now though, before the MMO version there was a version that was singleplayer and was being developed for PS3, and had a working build, a beta and everything, then PS4 came out and they said "well develop it for this new system instead and started working on a new engine for the game" then they said "lets make it an MMO" and scrapped everything again. No matter what they do at this point it will be a dissapointment, they need to stop burning money on it and just release something rather than nothing. Its never going to make all the money back if they actually intend to release it.

I played the beta last year, great game, its an MMO in the same way Monster Hunter is an MMO, its a hub and you form a group then go out, you dont explore and run into people in an overworld. Its very different and is completely unique in its gameplay.

This game became dishonored. Also it was suppose to have online features like souls game have.

Fuck you Riot. Fuck you.

>Became Dishonored

Well, at least that's a victory.

Here's a fun game: Name a good Konami game in the last 10 years that wasn't a re-hash of something (DDR other arcade cabinets) AND wasn't Metal Gear.

seriously, I dare you to name one good thing Konami has worked on in house that wasn't MGS

I don't care if you like MGS or not, the fact is, it was their flagship and the only competent series they could call their own. No matter how much you hate the games, you have to admit, they're better than ANYTHING ELSE KONAMI HAS DONE IN FOREVER.

Konami is that stupid. They really are. They have no fucking clue what they are doing. They outsource all of their fucking games because they don't give a fuck about the games themselves.

Konami is not a video game company. Always remember that. They are a IP-Holding company.

C'mon my dude it was just Street Fighter with robots. There's far more interesting fighting games out there.

Contra 4, 2007.

But that's cheating since it's Wayforward. So I'll go with the safe answer of Order of Ecclesia.

Yes look at his dev team its mostly made up of directors from team silent

youtube.com/watch?v=BdVedBa0-mk
Instead of this we got aliens colonial marines

original Diablo 3

How do we fix Konami? How many deaths would it take

>Street Fighter with robots

I grew up on One Must Fall 2097. Rising Thunder is exactly what I wanted.

>OoE was released 8 years ago
Oh God. It was as old as OoT when I played it for the first time by myself and I considered it an old game.

>first answer is MAKE IT MMORPG

Why the flying fuck is MMO still a thing?

is this real? source?

Wasn't this just a rehash RS2 and 3 with waggle tacked on?

Also, so konami had a good game that wasn't MGS, wasn't a re-hash, and wasn't outsourced.

8 Y E A R S A G O

Konami can not be fixed, it needs to close it's video game division and fuck right off.

spoilers: it looks like that's what it's trying to do.

What's up with Obsidian making something made of solid diamond and then someone else coming along and knocking the diamond off the display with a piece of battered, rusted bronze they made and using that instead

youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA

Spore

Battlecry senpai.

As if they're the only ones. This happens ALL the time. Mostly because of focus group testing. Fuck niches, WE NEED ALL THE BUYERS.

how new are you? it's been posted since 2003

that C&C modern FPS
and Generals 2, they were proprbably going to be mediocre or downright shit, but C&C4 was just too much of a disappointing way to end a series i grown up with.

The ironic thing is that video game companies would probably make more money by making smaller, less expensive niche games, in faster succession, than by focusing on these HUGE BLOATED NONSENSE MASS APPEAL GAMES.

the industry is so stagnant, and even indie devs are starting to do this. Who will save us?

At this point Konami is beyond salvation.

Go fuck yourself with a knife.

I honestly think Silent Hills could have helped set them back on the right path. Team Silent devs, del toro, juni ito, norma reedus, it had mass appeal and it had niche appeal, it was gearing up to be the perfect thing to bring Konami back to the forefront of gaming.

But the CEO got bitchy at Kojima once so let's fuck the entire company.

Konami are children.

BiA Furious 4

I once read somewhere that the strongest fighters in Japan were the ones that ruled over things. Would I be able to just go to Konami HQ and challenge everybody there to a fight and then take control of the company after I win?

Would that make a good game

>gorilla warfare
>ape shit
>going bananas
H-harambe? Is that you?

The true BioShock Infinite.

>Indie dev announces "RECLAIM KONAMI", a brawler where you fight konami execs while climbing higher and higher at konami tower.

>found dead by yakuzi

jokes aside if it was done well it'd probably be a blast.

What Dark Souls 2 was supposed to be.

>Tons of areas, many of them hidden
>lots of interconnectivity
>much better level design

Gutter was like twice as big as the zone we got in the final game.

Size is only a small part. Content is much more important.

>Pachinko zombies
>Boss battle in the Pachinko floor with the Mid-Manager taking the forms of dead-turned-pachinko franchise villains as the fight progresses
>Salaryman enemies occasionally killing eachother suddenly to gain the dead one's power in traditional asian backstabbing tradition but dropping more loot when beaten

You know, after playing BB,DS2, and DS3 I went back and played DS1 again.

What the fuck happened? DS1 is so much better in so many areas, I just don't understand how this series has fallen so far and people still defend DS3 when compared to DS1 it's like a goddamn joke.

The game isn't actually cancelled.
store.steampowered.com/app/489070/
The official website has a countdown as well.
Should be releasing in 9 days according to that.

Although looking at it now, it looks like absolute trash, been in development for so long that it's completely fallen behind current standards.

woah whats this ?

Fame hadn't really hit them in the head at that point.

Tiberium, a FPS game set in C&C universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=eoGNaP84kl4

You also got Force Unleashed 1 instead of RepCom 2.

Directed by: Suda51.

DS3 is basically a fucking expansion for DS1 in my book, feels the exact same. I put BB on a big spot because it at least dropped the Souls universe while keeping the combat

>that face
Everyfuckingtime. Wasnt yellow would be practical and pink would be CGI?

youtube.com/watch?v=b32ngPEXY08

I want to strangle your mother.

i think this was the cancelled game i was most bummed about.

I liked Blood Borne, and I feel like most people that don't like it were just pissy because it was too different from the other souls games.

>LMNO
>The Crossing
>Half Life Episode 4

Literally half the games they were making after Dark Messiah got cancelled.

What the fuck is wrong with that manchild, someone should beat his fucking head in for ruining his own franchise

fuck EA

I recently replayed all five back to back in reverse release order and honestly DaS and DaS3 are pretty much tied for different reasons. My personal ranking is

BB > DaS => DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

2 had a lot of flaws but was still good, and DeS was pretty much a modern masterpiece but almost all of its elements and mechanics have been improved upon since its release. BB is pretty much my absolute favorite for a ton of reasons.

But I think DaS, despite its unfinished and often really rough nature, had a very magical spark to it that you see so rarely in games. DaS3 improved a lot on the mechanics side, and even a whole lot of its levels were fantastic, but DaS has a specific feel to it that the series has never recaptured despite its improvements. It's far from a perfect game but it's far more than the sum of its parts. There's an intangible -something- about it I find myself drawn to, and it's still probably my most played and easily replayable game in the series.

And speaking of Dark Messiah, the sequel to that got scrapped earlier this year when Vivendi started out to their slow buyout of Ubisoft shares.

but Fuze was released :^)

And now they working on Prey, the irony.

>too different
That's a good thing honestly, I'd love to see Fromsoft continue with Soulslike games because the design philosophy behind them is fantastic and flexible enough to do almost anything with. But keeping the exact same dark fantasy setting was starting to wear just a little thin by DaS3 and I want to see more bold, inventive stuff going forward like BB.

I was searching the thread for this.

Fuck you Fuse and fuck you EA. Cunts.

After playing BB then going to DaS3 I think Im just bored of DaS setting, DaS1 was the apex. They can keep doing that combat system but if its not in a different setting from now on Im done with it. This is why Im really interested in Nioh, same gameplay I like but in a different world to explore with different themes and stories.

>junji ito
Wasn't it Masahiro Ito?

youtube.com/watch?v=rkZ_76eFG2Q
Duality
youtube.com/watch?v=NxpIyZYZ8sQ
Strident

Both original Xbox games that were going to be made by Phantagram. They both looked cool and I remember posting them on internet forums back in the day trying to convince everyone that the xbox was gonna be amazing. Strident had a really cool ghost in the shell action vibe from the CG trailer, and Duality looked very impressive for the time -- the lighting tech in the demo was killer.

Sadly, they both ended up on the pile of promising but never released original Xbox games.

Space souls when

Second OP here

Shit they lost me at 4.... which if built like a core game with each group having unique units and buildings would of been decent

No, it was Junji Ito, the famous horror manga artist, he helped with art direction in PT and was working on Silent Hills

Broken Covenant
youtube.com/watch?v=N8wS2nUxYcY

I'd play that fucking shit.

What a hit!

Yes, but Masahiro Ito was one of the key minds behind the original Silent Hill series and plenty of people get the two mixed up.

Coded Arms 2
It would've been so cool to see the game go from a PSP title to a major release on the PS3.

youtube.com/watch?v=KoIFrQbkhD4

Why are people upset with this? He's just drawing over some paintings.

Do you really?
youtube.com/watch?v=smLUynqNRyg

youtube.com/watch?v=pR2DDLyAQ4E
I'd buy this. Even with denuvo on it.

Feel asleep watching.

DE

LETE

THIS

>space axe

Nope.bmp

Why does it HAVE to be gimmicky? Why can't anything ever be good?

>He's just drawing over some paintings

It was the amount of things that were going to be CGI and not practical is what threw people. Heres something for you; in the movies there wasnt a single real life clone trooper outfit made for the production of the movies, every single one is CGI, even the ones without the helmet on are a head put on a CGI body.

That's simply not true. There was huge discussion of the scope of no man's sky. People were excited by the algorithm, the idea, the possibilities.

I would have rather had Renegade 2.

Yeah and he killed the hostage, thanks a lot faggot.

Are they related?

This is from those fucking talentless hacks that made Lords of The Fallen, fuck them.

>I fell asleep said the guard on the path.
>so I snuck up and punched him in his sleep ass.

do path and ass rhyme?

I, for one, am happy with Disney's choice to abandon the prequel-era and the EU entirely. It had a horrid visual aesthetic, and the "lore" was below Star Trek levels of shitty world building.

Star Wars is a series containing three decent popcorn films made some thirty-odd years ago, nothing more, nothing less. Anything considered valuable outside of this is the result of a wonderful mixture of autism and nostalgia, where the psychological inability to empathize with a character-focused narrative draws one at a young age to a multimedia conglomerate of commissioned spin-offs of a movie franchise that's forms an allegedly cohesive universe deep in pointless trivia that astounds the autist hungry for a world that they can finally understand.

>Because mech games just don't sell :^)
>because mech games are boring pieces of shit

No actually fuck C&C4 , they ruined the series so badly with that campaign ending I was glad they cancelled generals 2

>TimeSplitters 4 Was Axed Because It Had Too Much Content

I will never not be mad when I see this posted.

I want to know if games will ever have these cinematic camera angles again. Few games have them now if any.

I actually liked demon souls better. I can't defend it as objectively better, but the game felt so new and was begging for me to bend it's fiesty ass over and make it submit.

this is actually half-true.

The reason it was cancelled is they couldn't figure out how to market a game that had so much content, they couldn't summarize what a time splitters game was in 30 seconds.

So yeah, cancelled for being the type of game that timesplitter is.

I would kill for a new time splitters, I need a good arcade shooter, TF2 and overwatch just don't cut it when you compare it to what TS4 would have been.

most cancelled games are cancelled because they were such shit even tripple a studios knew no volume of hype would make them buyable.

you're mourning abortions that would never have made it anyway.

You are not correct.

Nailed it!

That's meaningless, unless you say why.

>Silent Hill.
>A series wherein the most popular and acclaimed entries focus on very cerebral and enigmatic horror drenched to the bone with expert levels of subtlety.
>Written by Kojima.

Take a guess hotshot. You'd probably get an eight minute expositional monologue for each monster explaining their symbolic relation to the main character; just in case Kojima fans were too busy getting their mommy to wipe their ass to have time to devote Brian power to figuring these things out.

>not just making a 40 second montage of crazy shit then flashing the logo
Holy shit I'm not even a professional marketer and that wasn't hard to come up with.

see

Still mad.
>horror is now dead
We need these devs more than ever.

>Brian power
Phone poster go.
Stay go.

not an argument

go

>he's never played a kojima game that wasn't MGS

what you're saying are tropes of MGS, Kojima writes other things, you need to be 18 to post here.

ITT: shitters derailing the thread by posting well known titles who weren't cancelled, but changed concepts.

P.T

Same difference, if the "new" concept ended up shit.

English is not my frist language so I used translator for some.

Films space opera epic scale of the universe, is supposed to represent a large and diverse the unknown, and that can easily fill in any possible way. The main trilogy is just a series of events in chronological sequence, and that certain groups can not be equal to the large amount of secondary materials that could be found. Things is a good aspect of the universe, because it gives a lot of information to the masses, which spawn in the course of time. The consequences in the order of the first film is not good, but 2 and 3 are good for those clones, it was better than the election itself and not enough is being expanded. The original trilogy is quite boring compared to the prequel and physical side.

Are you actually pissed about anything shitty Climax was making?

They were a bunch of talentless hacks and anything they made came out uninspiring and boring, full of cliche

ZONK. Didn't work, try again.

Or, if you're incapable of writing shit on your own, just outright fuck off.

>Zoe wasn't guilty of the exact same problems.

The memory of a deluded weeb, such a fickle thing.

>The original trilogy is quite boring compared to the prequel

disagree

Boktai didn't suffer from these issues, nor did snatcher or policenauts.

You must be 18 years or older to post here.

>Tombs of Colossus

Half life 3

You sound like a shill. I bet you're the same kind of faggot that goes into a ballistic rage whenever he sees cosplayers because "they have extreme autism unlike me and my classy fedora of maturity!". Star Wars is just a large, easy to get into canvas for a fanbase and was treated as such for years. There's literally nothing wrong with making content for your universe as long as people are interested and to say otherwise is some extreme ignorance my nigga.

I don't know what this guy is even trying to convey but I'm sure there's a valid point underneath whatever the fuck he posted.

What exactly Winter turned into?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-Space

what game from n-Space became WInter

This. Demon souls felt like it had the most atmosphere and love in it. maybe its my rose tinted glasses and inner hipster, loving the shit out of that game before dark souls came and, while really good too, brought in almost too much popularity. (pretty sure i got demon souls seeing a thread on here about it before it came out or something)

but i am also done with the setting, 3, while still pretty good, was just a giant LOOK AT US JERK OFF DS1s DICK.

Try thinking. That's a good trick. Especially before posting.

>Try thinking
^)
XDDDD:DD
told him!

wut

Star Craft: Ghost

What else am I supposed to tell him when he missed the most obvious of points?

Not an argument. Fuck off shitposter.

Or, if you're incapable of writing shit on your own, just outright fuck off.

:^D

>a small change in text made by somehow who didn't actually work on the game is a sign of a game being objectively bad.

r u stupid?

The good version of Spore.

>Not an argument.

There's no argument needed, when you simply missed the point. Entirely. Which is what I pointed out.

im genuinely sorry that i triggered you. i should be more respectful to gamers of all kinds, no matter their degree of cognitive development. please forgive me.

If you actually played those, you'd know that Policenaut's dialogue was mostly exposition (that you already knew), and snatcher hardly had enough of a devolved narrative beyond its premise to gauge the writing quality.

But, you don't care. You want to defend the director of the games that impressed you as a six year old. Nothing in his track record shows he has the qualifications for actual subtle storytelling, the best he can be is succient like in Metal Gear 1.

You must be above the age of 24 to have a valuable opinion on these games.

Steambot Chronicles 2.

go

youtube.com/watch?v=96WZJusSqR0

This game might not have been cancelled, but I haven't heard of it since E3 about 3-4 years ago.

It was a first person shooter game, where the character had a whole bunch of perks and powers. One of them let the character warp dash all over to reach higher locations.

Anyone have any idea what game that was called?
It wasn't dishonored either.

>Points

You spewed one long insult while jerking off about how intelligent you are in comparison to fans and how Disney is in the right for doing something you think is intelligent. You have no points to make, you fucking moron. Fuck off shitposter.

Go back to /r/eddit you fucking autist.

Was it Dishonored 2?

oh man that post's gonna get ya a lot of upvotes man good job here's some internet points. le great post

I know what you are, but what am I?

Why are people posting released games??

Is this a real fucking person?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_(video_game)

I nearly bought a Wii for this, it sounded like it had legitimate passion behind it.

Samefags go I can smell the superiority complex

Because they changed so drastically that they count as different games entirely, faggot.

I'll never not be mad at this.

Crystal Shitnamics is one of the worst things that happened to game industry.

If it wasn't for them, we would have proper Legacy of Kain sequel and not that boring piece of shit CD produced that not just wasn't special on its own in any way but also butchered the foundation of IP.

And may be Dyak wouldn't turn into such of a massive faggot because of biterness and SIlicon would be one of the leading devs/publishers now.

My sadness very big.

Originally, Halo was supposed to be something a little different.

youtu.be/MyvARfjomr8?t=2m46s

Kojima hate is some easy fucking bait right now.

That is the legit translation made by localization team and approved by Square.

The fuck are you on about dumbfuck? It is not like translator decided to do it on their own, the Square was aware of the direction and approved it, trying to appeal the SJWs.

As for the game - yes, it was terribad mission based shit ala Crisis Core. There was absolutely nothing interesting about it.

What is wrong with you people?

wow... whining about the games that came out isnt enough for you anymore is it? now you have to whine about the games that didnt come out?

your lives are misery given flesh.

XII was trash so I'm glad the universe wasn't expanded

Wow it's a fucking moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=PJDMJaJbRtQ
Why must I suffer?

>Grow up as the "weird kid"
>Everyone says you act funny
>People tell you that you're doing things wrong
>People act in ways you can't understand
>The only thing that makes sense to you is your dog
>One day you find a comic book with "Star Wars" printed at the top
>You read it, enjoy the cool looking ships and the awesome laser swords
>Mom buys you a Star Wars encyclopedia book
>You read it throughly
>You finally find a world that you can understand

Shhh, user. You know it's true.

Fable Legends looked neat.

>Hey you guys wanna talk about video games?
>your lives are misery given flesh.

Wow man you're so brave and edgy for picking on nerds. Good job.

That picture reminded me of this

Quality post. effort/10

splatoon

Christ, was the last thing your dad gave to you before he died a copy of MGS?

Nothing excuses this much samefaggery.

The fuck am I reading?

>youtube.com/watch?v=3bKphYfUk-M
man DMM was so fucking cool, it's such a shame nothing other than the force unleashed used it

I thought this game always looked cool, primarily for the destruction physics.
youtube.com/watch?v=9-M0YaNAJEw

im not picking on nerds, im stating the obvious. every time i come to Cred Forums all i see are people obsessing over their highly detailed lists of disappointments. im not trying to start shit or be edgy. it just seems like everyone is so unsatisfied, surviving each grinding worthless letdown because you're hoping the next one will be 1-1 identical to some long gone yesterday where you were happy, surprised, and your expectations were blown away.

its adulthood. you know what to expect. there's no point being a poet about it.

mmo project of blizzard that turned into overwatch

Fun fact: The Star Wars prequel trilogy actually has more computer generated images than the computer animated Clone Wars TV show.

It wasn't, just trust me on this.

Cred Forums is jaded and contrarian as fuck. The best example of that is "tired gamer" threads.

>all this 4 years old comments about people wanting this game on Wii U
That's just too sad.

well fuck that, im going back to /k/. they might be whiney but at least they like their hobby over there.

>every time i come to Cred Forums
Maybe you should just stop coming here.
If you don't like it, you're only making here worse.
Fuck off and kill yourself, faggot.

This already has a release date desu, fuck outta with that shit

then fucking leave you moron. Jesus christ is your IQ a single digit?

>Edgelord was a /k/ fag all along.

No surprise there

>fucking off
check
>killing myself
no, i'm happy and actually like things.

protip: being disappointed != enlightenment

>All the games I bought a PS4 for have went multiplat or were cancelled, literally every single one
well you are a fucking moron then
why would you buy a console for a game that isnt even close to release
it's not like they're gonna run out of consoles, you could have just gotten it the same week the game comes out

i was about to leave but you know what? spiderman thread.

erbebrhbgbh

FINALLY!!

Of course not, being disappointed is something that comes with having your hobby ran through the garbage.

You're lucky enough that you get to keep yours.
You don't have shit cunts trying to make sure that every gun sold is child and SJW friendly and ensuring that it appeals to the widest audience possible ridding it of anything worthwhile it had in the first place.

spooderman official fred

God fucking damn it. I've been looking forward to this for like 4 years.

might be because my hobby doesn't involve electronic kids tv toys marketed to adults with peter pan syndrome. but that's just a theory.

DELET THIS

>only 4 years
Oh, You are just a babby.
Get on my level, 5 years here

No, it's because you can't make guns idiot and cunt friendly.
That's it.

Just hope you don't get the government up your ass in taking them.
Even when there's heaps of shit, I can still play older games I enjoy.
If the government decides to take your toys, you're fucked.

im not really worried about that. ever try taking a gun from someone who owns a gun? yeah, that doesn't usually pan out well for the taker. cops wouldn't even dare try enforcing that.

If it becomes law, they'll be taken.
Will a lot of cops get shot?
Of course.
But in the end, you'll lose your toys forever.

And I know you have that whole "we're too violent for them to try taking our guns" thing, but they will if it becomes law.
Have fun trying to go to work when you're on a list of "dangerous" targets because of your chosen hobby.

lol hey user you still here? i just wanted to take a second and thank you for reminding me why i come to Cred Forums. i really dont play games anymore but i love LOVE shitting all over you whiney little faggots and derailing your threads. Nobody gets madder on here than you, not even the trumptards.

never change.

# # # # # #
I don't understand this meme.
Did you guys even saw the game play video?
It wasn't even that good

I don't remember when they showed it but I've been waiting since. But I don't care if you want to feel superior.

World of Darkness

>superior
I'm just being bitter as fuck

indiegogo.com/projects/edge-of-twilight-return-to-glory-game-rpg#/

twitter.com/FUZZYEYES_PR

It makes me sad, but it seems like it's coming.

>No one with a brain blames Kojima for MGSV
>can't manage resources for shit

mmhm, because no employer or business owner would ever be a gun owner or sympathizer. and you're right. it would be a disaster if the government tried to bully us.

>ts4

only one that hurt me in this thred :((

twitter.com/FUZZYEYES_PR/status/733674756554260480

Fucking hell..

>Final Fantasy Versus XIII never really took shape. It was ultimately cancelled and never heard of again.
But that's wrong, they just rebranded it as FFXV

>because no employer or business owner would ever be a gun owner or sympathizer
Irrelevant, at that point it becomes harbouring a fugitive.
No one who wants to keep their business and has any sense would let you come into work.

You'd have to stay in your home until you were either shot by police or gave up your hobby.

Face it, I may have to deal with a lot of shit, but at least my hobby doesn't have a good chance of being outlawed.

>tired of the eart
I don't know why, but this made me laugh.

>this was cancelled in favor of dying light DLC

How embarrassing.

youtube.com/watch?v=c3u3oFjjiFo

soldiers and police are the most pro-gun ownership people you will ever meet. you really believe they would enforce that law? maybe in ghettos but that's about it and nobody cares if they have to have their guns taken away.

actually, i take that back. it would be really interesting to watch liberals do a 180 and start crying out for blacks to keep their guns.

It could be considered an imperfect rhyme.

>we will never get to see the lightning Cameo in versusXIII

Kill me

That song that plays during the wolf fight was used in Lords of The Fallen

>you really believe they would enforce that law?
Yes, it's the law.
A pedo cop is going to arrest a pedo, why would people who still get guns not arrest a law breaker?
They still arrest or shoot people with illegal guns now, why would that change?
They literally do not choose which laws to enforce.

>some people just love mфking viderogames

you keep telling yourself that if it makes you better user

Remember that Ps2 era car customizing game about zombies and monsters and fog on an island? It was featured in a gameinfomer. Enemies were weak to flashlights and shit but you needed batteries
If it had been made in modern times it wouldn't have been cancelled

still hurts

>but i am also done with the setting, 3, while still pretty good, was just a giant LOOK AT US JERK OFF DS1s DICK.
>no poise

Nah

Anonymous Agony.

It's also nigh impossible to tell the difference between a scene from episode 2 and the show, particularly for scenes with clones.

well it wasnt just 1. there was some stuff that reminded me of demons souls.

such as no poise.

Poise was literally one of the best things introduced to the series and somehow From just didn't see this. There's a reason why Dark Souls remains the best in the series and Poise has plenty to do with it.

>no more games with based Kyle Katarn
>no Darth Maul game
>no Vader game
>no Han Solo game
JUST FUCKING KILL ME

NEVER
EVER
youtube.com/watch?v=oxlOoS4NmIA

It looked like it had a gameplay structure similar to Deus Ex based on the video, but in space. And instead of political conspiracies, you had bounty hunting.

Who the actual fuck wants another Dead Space ripoff that originally ripped off System Shock? What tasteless assclap wants that. What bounty hunting games do we have aside from the Jango Fett game? Prey 2 had a more original idea, and that's what we needed.

Best idea for Bethesda is to make a new franchise built around the well received idea of Prey 2, because even Prey 2 was barely Prey.

>Rebel Jedi.
>Jedi Rebel.
>Rebel Fury.
>Rebel Agent.
I woder how many of these are just different names for the same project.

>knowing I've shattered their protected little bubbles of smug self-superiority for even a moment

They'd just laugh once you're done screaming, they don't give a shit about you just numbers.

Blade of Darkness 2 was canceled, but underage shit taste niggers on Cred Forums don't care of course.

Fuck you faggots.

poise was not a good mechanic. great concept. interesting that they decided to include and implement it as it was pretty unique, but it was very easy to exploit and abuse which lead to broken PvP

DaS2 has better PVP than DaS, both mechanically and in terms of features. it had the largest number of viable builds. soul memory kinda shit the bed on it though

DaS3 is about the same as DaS all things considered, and serves as a reminder that poise is a broken mechanic, as any weapon with attacks that active super armor are OP as fuck in PVP

tl:dr PVP was never good, and will never be good in these games. forget about it

>It was going to be THE MMO we've always wanted
>Was almost finished
>Microsoft cancelled it because of petty reasons

No MMO this ugly can be the one I want.

Have you even seen the FF"XV" announcement trailer?

>KH kiddies are actually excited to play the duke nukem forever of jrpgs

>weeb trash

the mmo degenerates like you always wanted maybe. im happy it got canned

>cover bullshit
>scripted bullshit
>over the top acting
Good that it's dead.

Was cancelled back in 2004.

That's before WoW was released. It was suppose to show us a better way. Instead we got WoW and the death of a genre.

How come almost all asian games cant into ground graphics. Most of the asian games got such cheap looking grounds.

Engine and hardware limitations don't necessarily impact the aesthetics and the art style.

holy shit! it's alive? I thought they just took the already made cutscenes and made a shitty iphone game out of it.

It's initial release date was 2003, it got delayed until 2004.

Here is another game released in 2004.

No there wasnt, a magazine said a second game would improve on the firsts games problems, and people took that as "theres a second game coming that improves on the first" there was never the prospect of a second game user.

Good thing it was canned, that movie is a fucking masterpiece and doesn't deserve a fucking GTA clone

>which lead to broken PvP

How was the pvp broken? It really wasn't. Stunlocks are far worse. I shouldn't be getting stunlocked by a tiny fucking dagger while in full havels armor. That's beyond stupid.

youtu.be/4ZonRWlSy7k?t=59

Are you complaining about stupidity in a game where a normal sized human being can swing a sword twice his size one handed?

Poise is a clutch for bad players, deal with it.

They were all initial pitches created internally at the same time to just figure out what the next project could be. They're not necessarily canceled, they never really began.

Would've been dumb, edgy and not at all Rainbow Six.

on the flip side, i shouldnt automatically lose to a guy in heavy armor just because i want to play a dagger build, or have to bait out a ridiculous number of parry/ripostes when all the heavy armor user has to do is bash me once with his zaphander

im not saying infinite stunlocks is 100% better but whatever. its a game, a series, with uniformly crap pvp

No they literally said they're canceling it because the studio went bankrupt.

You're objectively wrong you dumb cunt

The Grim Reaper calling you Senpai and skateboarding around while you climb a crazy tower and eat frogs and perform wrestling moves in your underwear is a thousand times more Suda than "muh animu grill" is

Fucking kill yourself IRL

And crap co-op.
And crap balance.
And crap replayability past DaS1.

It's a series with a lot of flaws that people seem to forget because "le hard XD".

RiP Earthbound 64.

jk, it looked like utter shit, glad it wasn't released or otherwise it would have overshadowed the brilliant original games with its crapness.

I'll post only not mentioned in this thread yet

FEZ 2 youtube.com/watch?v=iYecRr7cf0g

Dirty Harry youtube.com/watch?v=ZICPDBJW228

They (from Metropolis, bought by CD Projekt RED)

ITS NOT FAIR

I can accept one handed swings of giant greatswords. I cannot accept how dumb it looks seeing a heavy set of armor getting easily stunlocked by a weapon that shouldn't be stunlocking a heavy set of armor. Your comparison here does not work. One is much more dumb in regards to the game then the other.
Yes you should lose unless you build your dagger build to be good. A sensible dagger build should be going for parries and bs anyways. It doesn't need to stunlock. I'm not saying poise should work exactly like it did in 1 but 1 had the most preferable poise system still to this date. Majority on Cred Forums prefer poise.

67.media.tumblr.com/5625809be67dfeecf8b8b530f6fdcb8d/tumblr_o8rsvvEAFM1s4ttwwo5_500.png

>"waah why does my havelmom doesn't work anymore" - the post

Cyberpunk 2077 is the one that hurts the most. We could have finally gotten an unique cyberpunk experience after a long long time. Oh well, what a shame.

the fuck is a poise

What is so special about this game?

To me it just looked like another generic console cover shooter just this time with Star Wars skin.

What's wrong with Cyberpunk?

Another interesting game for Wii. Premise was really interesting...

What was that game about invisible girl in the rain?

This is all fact senpai. Pretty much all the weapons in these games have unrealistic swings anyways. Real swordfighting doesn't look anything like they do in Souls games. Souls games are about slower timed swings and this includes most weapons. a normal sword or mace can be swung much faster irl.

So that's why anons comparison is stupid to begin with. In the context of the game poise makes a lot more sense than ever weapon being able to stunlock. Souls is one of the few games that makes armor mean more than just looks and then they go and fuck it all up.

baka desu

>square enix
Found your problem.

It's vaporware

being able to effectively swing a great sword in one hand with forceful hits and proper edge alignment is ridiculous

being able to stab a dagger into gaps in armor on the hand is not as silly, it happened litearlly all the time in every battle in the ages when guys fought in armor

You sure your not thinking of the remaster Ultimate: Blade of Darkness? They closed not long after that, I cant imagine them working on a second game in that time.

>B-BUT EA RUINED IT AND TURNED IT INTO FUSE
It would have been the same game and you know it. The only difference is that it wouldn't have been a brown UE3-esque game and would have been more colorful with Sunset Overdrive tier "humor"

Yes.

The Wii had entire phantom studios. Nibris et al., and yes there were several associated ones. The Warp Pipe crew and all that. They were supposed to be some kind of 'indie fifth column' for Nintendo, but then it just never happened and they winked out of existence one by one.

your mom is a vaporware

>I can't believe we got Force Unleashed 2 instead of this.
What? That's not what happened. 1313 got cancelled by Disney when they bought the SW franchise, it had nothing to do with Force Unleahsed.

I remember there was a huge backlash on the current art style of Diablo 3 when it was first revealed. That it's too colorful with poor texture and model quality. Also there was the whole "Diablo looks like a woman" debacle. It was interesting to hear the art director himself talk about what they had done with the game. It's actually got some legit good art advice in there even if people didn't like the direction in D3. It definitely reads clearer than the earlier iterations.

gdcvault.com/play/1015306/The-Art-of-Diablo

On another note the Diablo 1 post mortem was great too.
gdcvault.com/play/1023469/Classic-Game-Postmortem
>tfw the dev gives his personal sealed big box copy of Diablo 1 away to some random guy

History records it as an FMV game set in pre-WWI Prussia, using monsters inspired by that folklore. I remember at the time that it was supposed to have both modern day and historic parts, not sure if that was ever announced to be dropped before it finally vanished or if that's just been forgotten.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_(video_game)

oh it WAS released

Freelancer 2.
HL episode 3
Simsville (though i guess sims 3 is pretty much what this game was going to be)
Prey 2
Battlefront 3
Age of Empires 4-5

Beyond the Labyrinth

Russian Grand Theft Auto

youtube.com/watch?v=jRJF-vg6UDc

And Siege is?

Would the game be fun in the end?

you're all weeb fuckheads
knows what's up. I can almost guarantee you Lily Bergamo would have been, at best, one of Suda51s most forgettable games. possibly it would have been the end of his career. that shit was a generic weeb third person hack-n-slash, with a generic anime girl protagonist and generic anime plot and generic anime setting. that's probably why he was into it, at the time, because around that time there was an impression people were tiring of 'Suda51 games'.

Wouldn't the cannon ball just roll out before getting shot out?

He was talking about Deep Down.

Oh. DD is on hiatus, I dont think were going to be seeing or hearing anything about it any time soon unfortunately.

>Street Fighter with robots
Nah, SF actually has inputs for one. I don't think there's any fighting game series as casual as Rising Thunder was.

>almost 2 years before GTA3

I wonder what other games/genres slavs pioneered but never made because lack of infrastructure and funds

>yfw all west media idea is basically from East

>mfw I read Fabio Legends

Was there even an alpha for this thing?

why would anyone care? No one noticed.

I can't believe how long he creates this MMO. It will NEVER made its money back. Also, instead of something new it looks 1:1 like Shadows Of The Damned. Why can't he just make something similar to K7 or NMH3 again?

Grigorovich went crazy

I hope that they look at Overwatch now and cry

It was GungHo's idea to scrap Lily Bergamo, don't blame him. At least Short Peace got out unscathed. Though it should've been a full retail game and not a side dish

there was internal pre-alpha

Reminds me of VtMQ

Is the game based on that shit Underworld movie?

That game already exist

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6d/Ironsword_cover.png/250px-Ironsword_cover.png

>Reminds me of VtMQ
well yeah, it's World of Darkness you know...

youtu.be/tzlVkkAl2bA

Whore of the Orient

fuck you I liked LA Noire

Fuck CCP

There wasn't as much focus on it as FF13 had

Fuck you Gust

supposedly Paradox actually has all of the assets now, in case they figure that it's profitable and feasible to create a WoD MMO they have that to work with

Siege is a little closer. Not ideal, but closer.

99% of the interactions you would have had in that game would've been with chest high walls and 3rd person shooting my dude.

Will find sin you out?

egmnow.com/articles/news/sony-talks-about-cancelled-the-legend-of-dragoon-2/

>supposedly Paradox actually has all of the assets now
If you mean game assets thats not possible, CCP are cucks and everything was done on their in-house engine, they'd rather delete everything.
But you're talking about right then yes.

3rd person shooter with robots

I remember this. Really pissed we will never get a proper alucard follow-up.

I love this meme

youtube.com/watch?v=80_x6bmzluc
It would be shit anyway because of EA idea to turn it into f2p, although I fucking mad they killed my favourite franchise.

Rengoku and Coded arms were the shit. Wish more PSP IPS survived.

it's been pushed back

You had a billion clone war era games. You want that shit to go on perpetually?

Found someone who hasn't read an actual RS book by Tom Clancy, the man who writes beyond death.

>cover shooter no. 1,783,496
>"whore" in the name
Well...

Garou : Mark of the Wolves 2

,_,

I dare you to watch the movie again and say that to yourself. The Prequel trilogy looks awful at times, especially the second film.

Is that real? I mean....why? I understand using CGI when there are 1000 clone troopers in screen. But using CGI when, for example, Cody talks to Obi Wan? For what purpose?