I know its been quite some time since this game stopped being flavor of the month, but with a new update out...

I know its been quite some time since this game stopped being flavor of the month, but with a new update out, why don't we have a devil daggers thread.

I dig the new dev logo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HskOcc1ILAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It wasn't FOTM in the first place, outside of humble bundle threads you've never been able to discuss Devil Daggers here without being accused of shilling.

Also doubt you're going to get anyone talking about the update considering all the content it added is in part of the game only about 20 or so people have reached and most of the people on Cred Forums who have even played the game likely haven't even seen the Leviathan outside of replays yet.

My high score is 516.. what's yours?

how do I acquire skill?

Credit card got debunked, forgot to pay it. I wanna buy it in the humble bundle. Is it good? so I can fix that problem asap?

Watch replays and just practice. Take note of how you die and try to account for that in the next run.

Ex. Keep dying to Skull II, next run focus on them more
Keep dying to Skull III, listen carefully and watch your back more

It's worth more than the $5 asking price.

wish i had some webms to share with you guys

Version 3?

My highest in V3 is 404.7. In V1 I was hitting around 470 but I never learned early game farm and relied a whole lot on homing daggers so now I'm brickwalled. I've gotten 4th hand once and it wasn't in my high score run. I'm 55th on the scoreboard right now if you want to pick apart my shitty play.

Yeah, I haven't played it in a while.

And you should make some wembs, then.

>It's worth more than the $5 asking price
Thanks for the opinion user. I heard this a lot, Still I dont know what is the game about, for I have seen, It does not attracts me that much.

Assuming you're Purps,
There is a bit more farming you can learn to do between when you kill the first centipede and the three spiders. It might be worth learning to do unless you find it too hard (watch sojk or any other top player to see how this is done).

Make sure the field is clear before you have to deal with the gigapedes even if this involves using your homing daggers which you should never be afraid to use. Just don't focus too hard on getting level 4 hand especially if it threatens to kill your run.

If you reach leviathan without having killed at least two pedes, don't bother trying to kill them or levi. Just run, survive, and make sure that when levi beckons for skulls, that as few of them get sucked into leviathan as possible. That would be a great time to use some of your homing daggers.

If you're not sure what the game is about, watch the trailer. If that doesn't pique your interest, the game might not be for you.
It's definitely more fun if you have friends on steam playing the game to compete with.

youtu.be/HskOcc1ILAM

That run is pretty much the level of farm I'm able to manage, even just going at the stuff after 120 without a clear field seems to compound into a load of junk swarming the field that I can't deal with before the big 230 wave. I'm not going to give up on all hopes of farming after 120 but it'll be a few more sunk hours before I'm able to handle it.

Making a webm from my replay. Sound isn't allowed?

No sound in webms on Cred Forums, dunno why. People tend to post to the /wsg/ game webms thread and do cross-board post links.

it is not, I think /gif/ is the only board with sound wembs.

Gonna post a wallpaper I made with the new logo.

This is just a screenshot of the splash logo

Here it is in 1080

looks good

whoops forgot to trim the end off :/

oh my, that is quite something

I've got 30 hours in DD. Best run in v2 was 404. Now v3 is out I'm trying again, but it just seems even harder. I always burn out then they drop a new patch.
I'm not giving up, I have to get 500 on this fucking game.

That FOV is aids

100 fov is aids?

I feel that, V2/3 feels so much harder than V1 to hit 500 in but I need my digital dick hat so bad.

>>children are growing up and existing in this world without having played quake II or III mp and then going online and mouthing off

440, I just can't kill the gigapedes before the leviathan shows up and it all goes downhill from there, but I can get the last upgrade most of the time now.

A video will come out very soon explaining how to kill the gigapedes before leviathan in great depth. Keep an eye out on the devil daggers subreddit, because it'll likely get posted there.

Sojk, is that you?

wallpaper in white, not sure if I like it that much but whatever

lol nah I wish. I'm ohsnaplol on the leaderboards. Currently 10th in v3, was 5th in V2

Great game, but there's pretty much nothing to discuss about it, other than tips.

My best run is 216. I got 3rd hand like 2 times. When I try to farm skulls early I die in

Unfortunately you're right about how there's not much to say :/
I think most people just don't have what it takes to want to get good/500. Got a lot of my friends to play and my best friend is around 400 but he can only play like 5 games before he rages.

Because of the recent humble bundle there's been a lot of "wtf game is just the same 2 spawners over and over????" directed at me from my pseudo-hardcore friends who bought the bundle thinking it was the "Wow you're so hardcore, here's an ass-pat for being so hardcore you hardcore stud" style of hardcore game offered by Dark Souls and its ilk.

Are the rocket jumps even good for anything, seem pretty worthless to me so far desu

Jumping gigapedes when they inevitably get their fat asses in the way of where you need to go to avoid getting swarmed.