>2018
>NX fails.
>2019
>NX fails.
>2020
>Nintendo goes third party.
>2020-2030
>The Great Console Wars Part II™
>It's a war of escalation, both companies trying to outdo the other one.
>Cred Forums is worse than it was in 2006/2007.

War...

War never changes.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wiiu.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hoped my kids wouldn't have to live through a console war, but the future looks bleak.

Shit thread/10

>nintendo goes third party but goes full platinum games by only making exclusives that sony and microshit have to bid on to try and outdo each other
>with each release, the bidding gets more aggressive as sony and microsoft get more desperate to finish off the other
>2030
>once again rich, nintendo re-enters the console business
>microsoft and sony, already weakened from their ten year war, cease creating consoles and disband their video game branches entirely
>vidya enters a golden age under nintendo that lasts a millenia

dark days are ahead, but there is a light on the horizon

NO GAEMS. NO GAEMS. NO GAEMS.

HAHA NO GAEMS.

It's 1 AM, isn't it a little late for OP to be sucking cocks and shitposting?

I see the Nintendefenders are out in full force.

I don't give a shit about Nintendo currently, but 2030 me would be hyped as fuck

>Nintendo goes third party
dream sonynigger dream

How do i repoort? you cant say nigger on blue boards

More realistic.

>2017
>NX is failing after a respectable launch
>2018
>Nintendo tries to salvage NX. Fails. 3rd parties already start to flee.
>2019
>Nintendo gives up. They publicly swear to continue support, but secretly and slowly start moving their dev teams to work on their gen 10 hardware
>2020
>The great NX software drought. 1st party support slows down significantly, and the few remaining 3rd party developers finally abandon it.
>2021
>"Please Understand, we will do better with our next console."

some semi-recent article said nintendo has enough money in the bank to operate at a loss for 50 years. no way are they giving up and going third party in the next five, they'd shuffle management up before they get that desperate

Also

>Most major games on mobile platforms already
>ds and handheld console dead as concept.

>to operate at a loss
It isn't like only 1 person owns it.
People want profit you know, not loss every year.

>Nintendo handheld doing bad
>Pokemon games not selling
>MH not selling
>Mario kart and smash not selling

Can I lick that frog too?

Do you realize if its indeed a handheld-console hybrid it has literally zero chance of failing right?

Just from the get go, you get free 10m sales from Pokeniggers. Then free 5m sales from Smash autismo. 3m from Monster Hunter. Then a few millions from Mario Kart which I admit, might overlap with the others, but overall we are talking about 20m free sales.

The rest is a plus. They literally dont have to do anything

>As a last ditch effort, Nintendo starts making adult versions of their games.
>Dark and bloody Legend of Zelda, with forced edginess like Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
>Gritty and psychedelic Mario game set in modern day Italy. Implied drug use and some nudity.

Fuck off Google.

Fuck off Cred Forumstard Nintendobabby. Go play your Animal Crossing, faggette.

This almost happened with the N64 but they had good hardware and Rare to save them. They need another company that can pad out entire years on their own.

Nintendefenders Ha Ha Ha XD

>zero chance of failing right?
>handheld
>nintendo console
>in 2016
Kek. Sorry they are irrelevant now, nobody cares about mario so much, they want to buy nintendo hardware.

Keep dreaming boyo

>implying I care about your faggy console war bullshit
>implying I don't own at least one system from every company because I'm not a dumb Google that unironically takes console war threads seriously
WEW

Yeah nintendo will never go third party. Even if they stop making consoles they'll still keep their IPs exclusive to their handhelds.

>Gritty and psychedelic Mario game set in modern day Italy. Implied drug use and some nudity.

This actually sounds good. Could be really trippy. The controversy over such a big departure from "normal Mario" would almost guarantee a wicked amount of sales.

I didnt mention mario platforming games.

Daily reminder that the last Mario kart for 3ds (12m sales) sold much more than any Sony title in the last...well, is there any sony title that reached 12m sales ever? Certainly not on ps4 where uncharted only sold 3m.

>3ds
>Mario kart
It is mobile platfrom. Compare it to the angry birds sales m8.

PS4 is new you dumb bimbo.

This guy says hi

Not the dude you are arguing with, but can you stay on fucking topic? You're like a fucking train wreck to watch.

Dude, don't lie. You are so the dude he was arguing with.

This is just a battle stance you use to decoy

3ds - mobile platfrom, is in not true? And 3ds do not have that many games to buy. So moms buy cheap toy to play for their kids and some familiar game with mario on the cover. Same thing happened with Wii and MK sale son it.
And now look at WiiU and MK sale son it.
Just usual numbers, Same as Fallout 4 on PS4 for example.

>october 1st 2016
>hiro bans console war threads and mobile posting

It's literally 2 years and 10 months old.

?

Lol

Yeah, new. Check out the sales for San Andreas on PS2

Eight years in you can bitch and whine like the dirty little jewish pig you are

ugh. i looked into its eyes and got a boner

Ahahahahahaha... Oh, you.

7.7 million is "usual numbers"?

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wiiu.html

>believing the PS4 will ever have software sales like the PS2 ever

fucking LOL

>fucking LOL

>Playing first party Nintendo games in 2016
>as an adult
>ltierally manchild

Stay awful, faggette

You sure told me!

All video games are literally toys, and that's especially true with all PS4 games.

Compare to 3ds or wii.
Yes, it isn't just rendom game. Heavy hitter, system seller. And perfoms on typical 3rd party AAA level. COD sells much more, much more. Even Fallout 4 sold much more overall.

>It's a war of escalation, both companies trying to outdo the other one.

if its as good as sega vs nintendo was back in 4th gen than im all for it

A nebulous "loss".

So they could lose $10 a year for 50 and still be OK?

Or 10 million dollars a year for 50?

In one case they are utterly fucked and the other they might be fine.

Your little shitpost offers no worthwhile information.

You lead a rich fantasy life.

Nintendo doesn't necessarily have to beat smartphone games with its own handhelds to to survive. They just need to do well enough to meet their internal goals to ensure growth and further development. Look at megabloks vs lego.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what an actual Nintendo investor PowerPoint looks like.

Degenerates.

This would be more like Part III.
There was a time when "Xbox" and "PlayStation" didn't exist you know?

I REFUSE to believe that Nintendo goes third, is just not right.....

Honestly, how can Nintendo ever hope to get third-party support back after two generations in a row of losing it?

Shit nigga...

that shit...

that shits before my time you know

my dad fought in that war

can't believe i forgot.... really makes you think

Why would you ever want Nintendo to bow out so that Sony and Microsoft can dictate what half the gaming industry does?

>implying nintendo has dictated anything since the year 2000 or even influenced anything

lol get real nintendrone

You seem to have a hard time being able to read.

I'll make it simple for you. The industry needs more competition, not less.

Is this really what nintendo fanboys fantasize about?

the 2 replies to you are fucking priceless. I think you angered the nintendo fans.

you're all retards

keep arguing over your consoles, like good sheep

oh, whats that? no games? doesn't matter, N-nintendo... no S-sony is better! REEEEEEE!

>Extra competition is bad

What.

DELET THIS!

You're a stupid Lucy Star :3:3:3 poster, so what would you know?

Worse than frogposters, lol.

Go stick yourself in a vagina

what did he/she/it mean by this?

Lucy Star?

m-m-marry me

That would be a boring ass war. Sony and Microsoft basically create the same box, only difference is their logo on it. Even if it doesn't always work out, at least Nintendo experiments and gives us something different out of their consoles.

>this is what nintendos actually believe

Proof me wrong??? Or don't, since I doubt you can.

>2020
>consoles

You're already wrong.

MS can bid all they want, but the Xbox audience don't appreciated Nintendo games.

Meanwhile, Sony hates Nintendo consoles but always insist that Nintendo should release games on Sony.

It's already happening with Pokemon GO and that iOS Mario Game.

Dedicated Mario and Zelda gamers, even though there millions of them, are not enough to financially justify hardware platform development, marketing and maintenance. 20 million users are not that much for cheap mainstream media devices.

There's a reason Nintendo wants to fuse mobile and home consoles: less platforms. If the NX fails, Nintendo will drop hardware.

o shit

>Xbox audience don't appreciated Nintendo games.
That's complete bullshit.

Nintendo is about profit. If they ever went third party for consoles, they'd want to make as much money as possible and playing on both sides means more dosh.

>Nintendo going 3rd party
Playstation and Xbox are more likely to go 3rd party, based on Nintendo surviving past Sega and Atari

Microsoft and Sony consoles are like Coke and Pepsi, tweedlie dumb and tweedlie dumbfuck, Beavis and Butthead. Same shit consoles, different box. Both consoles however target the same audience (potheads, spics, niggers and white trash)

Nintendo is already third party and for Apple of all fucking things. Why does everyone forget that Mario Run exists?

Oops, I guess everyone is third party for Apple now. Fuck

What isn't bullshit is that Xbox/Microsoft ruin already-established franchises. I'd rather Playstation/Sony get Nintendo games.

>Apps = 3rd party company
Stop posting anytime

>I'd rather Playstation/Sony get Nintendo games.
Nintendo never will develop to Sony if Nx flops Nintendo will go full mobile

I'm on the fence with mobile.
+ No bullshit from console companies
- Lacking hardware

the main problem of mobile is controls

I honestly think microsoft will be the first to drop out of the console race.

Xbox division has never turned a profit. According to the CEO's of the time the OG xbox purposefully produced a loss to provide big value and carve out a piece of the market. 360 and xbone were supposed to start throwing off money and over a decade later it still isn't happening.

Any games they own the rights to or even just finance are terrible despite their vast financial resources.

And frankly I think the xbox brand is dead. The brutal 360 failure rate, the atrocious xbox one concept/launch (it was a one point a discless always online camera enabled orwell machine) and a host of other factors have eroded any goodwill towards the xbox brand, and they're not getting it back without deeping operating losses on a project that has never made money.

You wish Sonycuck

woops meant to reply to

Controls are a problem too
But I don't think mobile hardware would suffice for Nintendo games

>this thread

Nintendo is finished. Let it go.

>Do you realize if its indeed a handheld-console hybrid it has literally zero chance of failing right?
Handhelds are a dying market and you sound like those faggots who said MK8 was supposed to be the Wii U seller with 30m copies.

>obvious anti-nintendo thread
>expect the fanboys to not come in and defend Nintendo
You sonysquidwards sure are nintarded

It'd work for any Nintendo handheld game, especially considering the fact that stuff like infinity blade exists on phones.
Added to the fact that you can emulate N64 games on android phones now and id say there's a good chance that in about 2 years phones will definitely have hardware powerful enough to run Wii graphics quality games at least

Do you think

>Xbox and windows 10 exclusive

Is just fun meme started by MS?

Xbox is dead and getting caniballized by windows, to increase their demand for their botnet os.

Next gen, there will be no xbox games, just win 11 exclusives and perhaps microsoft version of steam machines that run a custom build of win 11 with a "gaymer" interface.

Mar my words.

yes next xbox will just be a steam machine with they botnet os

My thoughts exactly.

Yes, that's how public companies work. Investors don't care if they lose money.

This board is really full of retards.

>Part II
Take a look at this millennial.

Nintendo consoles are for children and 20 year olds who wear cargo shorts then?

nah nintendo consoles are for nostalgiafags

>nostalgiafags
So guys with graphic tees AND cargo shorts?