youtube.com/watch?v=n7bC_kAR-wU
youtube.com/watch?v=-p8LICY9JJc
youtube.com/watch?v=n0HDTAGbbc0
youtube.com/watch?v=f9SWl1Z-t9I
youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah.

"Thou must never suffer that man, with his evil heart, to enter the sacred realm of legend."

No, because vidya isn't art.

None.

Vidya has iconic levels

A Hind D?!

Pure kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=MTdrLC3nqhw

Yeah for autists, but normies don't know them so no

Not really. Vidya scenes that could be considered iconic will just get meme'd to fuck

WHAT A THRILL

Odin Sphere loves this shit. Like Odin keeping a promise because "He was born a king and should act like one". But he was actually some poor kid in Titania sweeping floors

I always felt like the scene in Halo 3 where Chief and Arbiter's silloettes are in front of the new Halo ring was pretty fucking sweet. Apparently not that many others feel that way though, cus I couldn't find any pictures of it on google images - maybe I'm just terribad at finding that shit though.

Probably true.

That's a cutscene. Not a game scene.

@ OP, the MGS boss fights are fairly iconic.

Oh yes

Made me laugh

remember when mario jumped on the guy

I hear the music.

he sure did buddy

The cake is a lie.

>Richter: Die monster. You don’t belong in this world!
>Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
>Richter: Tribute!?! You steal men’s souls and make them your slaves!
>Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions…
>Richter: Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!
>What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk… Have at you!

Fucking I remember that scene. I still get goosebumps when I see that.

youtube.com/watch?v=3LI30TaOKWU

>The only videos I see are blury because they are from 2007

remember me?

MEA CULPA

I've always found the moments in the classic Sonic games where they start throwing in unique, 1-off zones to be very iconic, like Hidden Palace and Sky Sanctuary, or Sky Chase and Wing Fortress

I was so bummed when I played the PSP version and they ruined the dub.

To this day I still adore shadow's skating animation, and how different it was compared to everyone else's just flailing their legs at mach 4

Did God actually make Satan stronger than a man? It doesn't seem like he can do much else besides tempt somebody

It's a sort of an art thing. He blames his gypsylust on God and his creation Satan when it's actually his boner that's controlling him.

No one said it couldn't be a cutscene the fuck are you talking about

You know I'm honestly shocked that my cousin even though he's the most sheltered person I know, despite being a year older than me. Didn't even knew this ever happened. I ended up spoiling it for him since he said he got to the end of the game, but never did. So considering that he didn't know, he obviously wasn't no where near the end of the actual game.

BTW I had to also worry about Dragon Ball Z spoilers around him too.

5:49
youtube.com/watch?v=-h7RwqQ5OHE

>no one's mentioned this
Wew lad.

youtu.be/oG25S51qJQQ

Fucking spoiler warning btw.

yeah

Supposedly any temptation the devil throws at you has a way out without sinning. It represents how he claims to be a holy man, yet he wants to bang a gypsy due to sinful behavior.

Big Boss saluting the Boss's grave

Aside from the nice music number they pretty much butchered the story from top to bottom. The actual story is a cluster fuck of unrequited love and tragic moments that the movie just fails to properly portray.

Yes

Yes

It's less that this game has an iconic scene and more that it's entirely made up of iconic scenes strung one after another. It's no surprise Cred Forums couldn't stop quoting it for months after its release.

Spoiler alert.

>wake me when you need me

youtube.com/watch?v=Nv0XyR5Vkjg

pic

SO LONG GAY BOWSER

This one stands out for me.

What makes a scene iconic?

What's the definition of a
'a scene?

They really should have had the original campy one redubbed as a bonus

SMART GAME FOR SMART GAMERS

youtu.be/jB-n_8zq9Qo?t=45s

Shit on the CoD series all you like, but CoD4 was a great game, and this scene was really memorable.

>ctrl+f
>no opera

Let me say the compulsory FFVI opera scene

This one too.

youtube.com/watch?v=qMibFIJVFnE

Entering Item room music in Mertoid and Super Metroid.

This isn't a bad answer. Not even the shock or the waifu-ism. Just the way the scene was done: The shock of Aerith's face, the thumping heart beat, the materia bouncing to the music. Really, it's a shocking scene.

I'm terrified for the remake.

This
I always wonder why do people consider that adaptation a good movie, let alone a good Disney flick.
Aside from the music and the animation, it is completely garbage.

A MAN CHOOSES

Scene was better at night, but I loved this part.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufZ1uchM9AA

Dude there's no way they could fit all that stuff in a kids movie. As far as Disney movies go, The Hunchback is very daring.

Metal Gear Rising was so close to being fucking shit.
I wasn't digging the demo in the ZotE HD collection at all. I loved Metal Gear, I loved Platinum, but the combat never clicked for me, stealth felt janky, blade zandatsu felt token as fuck.
but then FUCKING BLADEWOLF
a goddamn DOG WITH A CHAINSAW TAIL

FORCES YOU TO GET GODDAMN GOOD

AND THEN FUCKING MUSIC SHIFTS DURING THE FIGHT, which is the best shit ever in videogames

AND THEN
>TIME TO LEAVE
>THEM
>ALL
>BE
>HIIIIIIIND
GODDAMN LYRICS KICK IN MID-GAME, WHICH IS EVEN FUCKING BETTER

I'll spew those memes for as long as I damn well want to, Metal Gear Rising was stupid great fun.

>Aside from the music and the animation, it is completely garbage.

That's the thing, it's a mindless cartoon so these are the only things that matter. Everything else is secondary.

The problem is: They can't show the real story to kids.

Which begs the question: WHY WOULD DISNEY MAKE A MOVIE OF THIS STORY!?!

Final Fantasy VI opera scene.

>a Disney movie is inaccurate to the source material

stop the presses

the ray fight is still one of the most memorable vidya anything I know of
>parry a motherfucking METAL GEAR's arm
>so long gay bowser the mother fucker
>RULES
>OF
>NATURE

I'm gonna go ahead and argue that the Half-Life 1 tram ride intro is the most iconic 'scene' of video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=qUDNiyOf92o

>Takes it's goddamn time
>Full of details
>A PA system characterizes Black Mesa as a facility
>Soothing ambient soundtrack
>The G-Man is present from the start

The scene in Dark Arisen where you're fighting that necromancer who's been giving you shit the entire game and Grigori just lands on him.

>flashbacks of shooting dozens of Metal Gear Rays with a Stinger in MGS2
>obliterate one with a fucking sword like it's nothing

Feels so damn good.

I really wonder if Taro let Platinum go balls to the wall on Nier Automata and if anything from it is going to top some of the boss battles from MGR.

I AM THE WOODSIE LORD

The nuke scene in the first modern warfare still sticks with me. Then they kept trying to reproduce that scene in the next installments

In mythology just getting a good idea can be a Demon tempting you. Like Belphegor.

I'm pretty sure that's why Goerge Lucas keeps having so many terrible ones.

Whoops, ate my picture.

IW should make a disaster survival game like Disaster Report or whatever. They love making those insane environmental destruction set pieces so it'd be perfect.

>It's been 10 years since Tony Jay passed away

>youtube.com/watch?v=OU-u64LwedM

>youtube.com/watch?v=KvpcN4UHzaQ

Greatest VA of all time.

R. I. P.

Oh i member! Member Bowser? Awwww i love Bowser!

Satan (Lucifer) was right underneath the Holy Trinity when he fell. He reflected God's glory to creation. Then hubris/pride happened.

>Which begs the question: WHY WOULD DISNEY MAKE A MOVIE OF THIS STORY!?!
The Lion King 1 and 2.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_DRstXwtUGI

50 years from now, we'll look back on this scene as the Citizen Kane of vidya

I particularly liked how they repurposed the spinny 3d logo army name loading screen they usually use, like you expect it to be another level or something and then that happens

>no one mentions that lylat wars/Star fox 64 was full of iconic scenes

Anthony higgs was one of the only survivors from that shitty group of unprofessional twats

youtube.com/watch?v=_kPyGvqNn4Y

Hell, even this

People will remember the fucking lemons before this trash

>youtube.com/watch?v=AgYxMVRtJr4

This isn't an iconic moment, but you can tell that Bioware thought that it would be. Probably patted themselves on the back after writing those cheese-ball lyrics

memes aside, if the robotic cara mia didn't elicit any emotional reaction from you you may be a plebeian

youtube.com/watch?v=2bSk-8C76dc

>youtube.com/watch?v=zmj25u5mVvg

It's a rip-off of Pippin's song in LotR, but somehow worse

Mass Effect 3.
STEEEEEEEEVVVVEEEEEEE!
Chilling stuff, Bioware.

Shulk screaming at Metal Face
Aerith getting fucking #REKT
Godot being found out in Ace Attorney
Father Gregory sacrificing himself in HL2
"What is a man" speech by Dracula

>to this day, merely typing in the letter F and nothing immediately gets across that you're paying respects
I'd like to think they were on some level aware of how ridiculous that scene was

This was so awful

I haven't watched the videos ITT so I don't know if it's been posted, but pic related is known even to normalfags of a certain age.

youtube.com/watch?v=UNkRvcUn6VM this version is far superior

I enjoyed this scene and most of Portal 2, but there's nothing iconic about it.

Maybe the memes from the first game can be considered iconic but even then there wasn't any one particular scene.

I didn't like a single character in DAI except for Iron Bull and that was purely based upon the fact he was bara-bait. I rarely talked to any of the companions except for Iron Bull, and I legitimately cannot tell you a single thing about him other than he's the mercenary captain of his band of merry faggots. I don't know anything about his character, how he feels about the Qun, etc. and he's the only character I was even remotely interested in in the whole game. That goes to show how shit the writing is for BioWEAr

>Bioware and bad singing

>youtube.com/watch?v=nGnbEtube-g

They did the same thing with Tali in ME3. Their writers are trying so fucking hard to be Joss Whedon. Snark + gay people as props + bad singing thrown in. A winning formula.

is that a head coming out from under a couch?

We don't actually know if Gregory even died, we just saw him run off. Knowing that guy and his traps, he might have had a secret passage to safety. Right?

youtube.com/watch?v=RANLUZYraMo

There's just something magical between fighting games and cliffs.

ITS WAY TOO LATE TO STOP

That was the greatest cut-scene I've ever seen in my life. Please tell me there's one for every character

portal 2 didn't honestly have much that stands out as very memorable

you bet

You'll never guess what jarek and sonya's endings are like

youtube.com/watch?v=EKy4BdOVsZI

I fucking loved that scene in the game purely for the fact that right beforehand the religious old cunt bitch goes "ur da maker's gift 2 da wurl who gun sav da wurl" and I told her to eat a fucking bag of dicks and to stop relying on religion to get us out of a mess that religion got us into. Then she started fucking belting out this shitty song.
>mfw

Holy shit this one is even better because of that fucking look he gives you

Our souls are missing, but our tears still work. That's kinda weird.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jbAemziPus
>finally get to main enemy of game
>only boss that gets it's own intro so far
>that guitar riff
>this is only part 1

It was impressive the first time, especially the view of Rapture. The speech was interesting probably because I didn't know shit about Ayn Rand back then.

Even if you don't like the game, you can not deny this scene.

Multiple times during the First 3 Halo games

KANE LIVES IN DEATH.

youtube.com/watch?v=wYeIZJ1Vorw

youtube.com/watch?v=n7bC_kAR-wU

nier had plenty of those.

my favorite was king of facades final scene

youtube.com/watch?v=-p8LICY9JJc

Bitch about Fallout 3 (deservedly) all you want, but that moment you step outside the vault and your eyes adjust... that was good shit.

Because teenagers aren't allowed to post

>fucking spoiler warning btw.
>for a game that came out nine years ago

god, makes the one in origins look like a master pace compared to this.

THE NUMBERS MASON WHAT DO THEY MEAN

youtube.com/watch?v=n0HDTAGbbc0

Meeting him

Christ, I thought him to be typical "Cartoon villain warlord asshole" but he was one of the most interesting character in the game

It's still iconic to anyone who's played BioShock

Bioshock is 9 years old, even if he played it when he was a teen he would be in his 20s at least now.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

alright

It's this

this shit right here, this is the one

>DON'T OPEN IT
>WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T OPEN IT
>I'M SERIOUS, DON'T OPEN IT
>DO. NOT. OPEN. IT.
>WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN?

pipins song is dope you cunt

>mfw I had the Raiden or Kabuki camo on which ruined the scene for me

youtube.com/watch?v=f9SWl1Z-t9I

>Heh, lapdop
>20 million
>40 million
>60 million
>80 million
>ONE-HUNDRED MILLION!

VINE GROW AND TWINE GREEN AND CURL CHOKES AND BIND LEAVES UNFURLED THORNSIE SPINE TUMBLE WALL WREATH AND BINE COVER ALL LEAFSIE MINE CALL THE VINE CALL THE GREEN BRINGSIE FORTH WORLD BE SEEN

Spoiling anything is not something you should do openly, regardless of the age of a game.

youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

the purest kino cinematic of all time

Much as I love .hack, man did the gameplay get stale in them. Skeith's fight was also pretty bad since the game did nothing to prepare you for it. Having to deal with high damage and status effects, plus the data drain he did, when nothing else to that point had hit you like that. Easiest damn way to fight him was playing Kite as the healer and just staying far away.

Music was good though. Shows that the background for Skeith's theme is the background for every other Phases theme in both IMOQ and GU.

>not youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

>BE
>HIIIIND
>HIIIINDD
>HIND D
>A HIND-D?!
Holy shit guys, what does it mean?

Except for 6:Macha. Only one not to have the iconic bells.

I wonder why no one has posted Shodan reveal scene in SS2. Is it not iconic enough for modern gaming audience?