This is easily the worst Street Fighter soundtrack...

This is easily the worst Street Fighter soundtrack. Every track just feels like it's retreading the same mood and instrumentals and they're all indistinguishable from one another. People were this desperate for new songs they praised this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m9HIXt_s9I8
youtube.com/watch?v=qS_HoPQ5qRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=huA5sKl7K-U
youtube.com/watch?v=EuS_bvQj--U
youtube.com/watch?v=aV_x3ERB-2k
youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8lGL1Yq-E
youtube.com/watch?v=dTUvaTYfdwU
youtube.com/watch?v=Qo2_Fw-bzsc
youtube.com/watch?v=OM7AKydOV70
youtube.com/watch?v=LTkVJ4eKgac
youtube.com/watch?v=J1UBrsZ-RFE
youtube.com/watch?v=qKKd9g6YWMg
youtube.com/watch?v=NPgCfmvWCkY
youtube.com/watch?v=zzy0IhPz2Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=sn-TsS5_6ys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what are you talking about? alpha 3 had this beautiful gem
youtube.com/watch?v=m9HIXt_s9I8

But Guy's theme is awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=qS_HoPQ5qRQ

Karin's and Rose's themes are the only one that stood out and not by much. Otherwise you're right, the themes from Alpha 2 and other crossover games were a lot better.

youtube.com/watch?v=huA5sKl7K-U
youtube.com/watch?v=EuS_bvQj--U

>desperate for new songs
EX series proved you could have different songs that don't suck. Alpha 3 was just hiring the wrong composers. ALL of the Alpha 3 composers were not previous Alpha game composers. But plenty of them actually worked on other SF franchises like 2 and 3. It must have been some experimental minimalist repetitive midi music autogenerated by simple pattern generator programs or some shit.

Isao Abe:
SFII World Warrior

Takayuki Iwai:
???

Yuki Iwai:
SFII Turbo
SFIII NG
SFIII SI

Hideki Okugawa:
SFIII NG
SFIII SI
SFIII TS

Tetsuya Shibata:
???

I can't tell whose idea it was to make the music suck, but they seriously wanted to make the music sound like pattern generated SNES quality midi music. It's just uninspired minimalist "experimental" shit that is bland and repetitive, like KOF2k1. It's stuff I composed at beginner level when I was just repeating the same chord patterns over and over with simple melodies or something.

Damn, just compare this:
youtube.com/watch?v=aV_x3ERB-2k

To this:
youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8lGL1Yq-E

They didn't even try with Alpha 3.

What's funny is that's Cammy's XvSF theme.

>easily the worst Street Fighter soundtrack
That'd be OG Street Fighter.

youtube.com/watch?v=dTUvaTYfdwU

>youtube.com/watch?v=aV_x3ERB-2k
I like this one better.
the X-men one is better.

What kind of synth music was these anyway?

XvSF has a pretty OST
youtube.com/watch?v=Qo2_Fw-bzsc

>I like this one better.
Eww.

Dunno, but it's kind of like some of Final Fight's music.

Whoops, that was in response to the XvSF link. Alpha 3 music is garbage. Its type of synth music is trash, and it belongs in a compactor.

For me it's Dan and Vega's even if Vega's is unfitting for this point in the story. It sounds like a song to play when his character arc is coming to a climax, not when he's a throwaway character in a prequel series.

they wanted it sound like techno music. it actually fits with the game edgy style and gameplay.

Jim Lee/Capcom Rogue
so many early boners

>edgy style and gameplay
>edgy
Great. No wonder it's trash, that explains it.

I'm listening to the A3 OST once again to see if I could give it a fairer chance.

Nope.

Some of it sounds like it was probably gonna go somewhere with the music, some of it rang SLIGHT Vampire Savior vibes like Doll Eyes, but then it just went back and repeated the same shit over and over. Come on, even simple chromatic 3rd modulation would have worked. Goddamn.

3S is worse. Each tracks are extremely short, some like Elena's loop every 10 seconds.

No love for the EX soundtracks?

youtube.com/watch?v=OM7AKydOV70
youtube.com/watch?v=LTkVJ4eKgac
youtube.com/watch?v=J1UBrsZ-RFE

>No love for the EX soundtracks?
Even after I referenced EX in ? Geez.

They may be short, but the OST of 3s is miles better.

Ryu's and Remmy's themes are shit, but the rest is pretty good.

Even KOF proves you can have new themes that don't necessarily suck except KOFs between 2k1 and XI. People say "I'm tired of the old themes" but then you get Alpha 3 music, but this is not because they tried for something new, it's that they made something new that also just sucked.

Meanwhile, SNK had composers who'd give us something like Esaka?, Esaka Forever, and then motherfucking Tears and then Goodbye Esaka, each theme still oozing Kyo's personality. Same thing goes for Iori/Iori Team themes.

And they didn't have to just "match the mood" or whatever of some shitty aesthetic. Themes are meant to identify with the character, not conform them like shackles to some imprisoning theme where you can't tell anybody apart anymore like some nazi camp.

>not posting the best EX theme
youtube.com/watch?v=qKKd9g6YWMg

3s ost fucking sucks
there's like 3 good tracks and the rest is midi horn farts

Pretty good, and not even the best Sakura theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=NPgCfmvWCkY

Edgy? Alpha 3 is basically a game show, it's possibly the least "edgy" fighting game in existence.

are we talking about the same game?

what? ryu´s theme is hype af on 2 player vs mode
youtube.com/watch?v=zzy0IhPz2Q8

SFV made it better
youtube.com/watch?v=sn-TsS5_6ys