Do mainline FF fans care about the MMOs (XI, XIV)?

Do mainline FF fans care about the MMOs (XI, XIV)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IW9doa5ljQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumpy

The real question is

Do XI, XIV players care about mainline FF?

No, we usually don't

go fuck yourself, perma virgin mmo-playing life waster

I do, I'm playing XIV right now

Sigh... another 'stealth' ffxiv thread?

Anyway how many of you are actual shitters. C'mon, chances are you're garbage at the game. Just admit it.

I do.

XIV was my first but it made me interested in the others.

Which ones have you played, user?

mmos are generally garbage, even the "good" ones

How about the mainline FF games? are those good?

I, III, IV, V, VII, I own VIII but haven't played it yet, X, XII, XIII, XIV

nigga, why'd you skip II? that was my favorite :^)

I honestly wanna give II an honest shot but it didn't appeal to me

I played them enough to say that I played them.

f1-10 yes

>III, VIII, X
>good

thanks for the laugh, m8

III and X are good, VIII is an acquired taste

dont start shit nigga

XIV is pretty fun, yeah.

Guess the question also is "Does Warcraft 1-3 fans care about WoW"

Answer is some do while most either play it for different reasons or just ignore it.

ask /ffg/
and prepare for frog posts

but VIII is better than IX

I play xiv and i dont care about the mainline games, so fair's fair. Feels good being a Wowfugee

>III DS version
>good

what the actual fuck is wrong with you

No, most don't see them as Final Fantasy games.

Neck yourself.

whats wrong with ff3 on the ds?

>III DS version

who the fuck said anything about DS

I wasn't referring to the DS version specifically, but that one isn't bad either

it's slow, tedious, jlvls are a bitch to level, and the final dungeon is horribly designed

Thank you.

not once did i mention IX, you illiterate piece of shit

After the mainline FF series went batshit retarded (X onwards) the MMOs became the only place to get a proper Final Fantasy experience, with the same recurring elements like chocobos, etc.

you implied IX was good, otherwise you would've written it in the post

Never took an interest in MMOs, personally think RPGs are all about putting together that party.

Not him but the DS version tries to balance a lot and in the end made it a worse version in my eyes. Change from 9 enemies to 3 made it so they powered up every enemy so it made each battle a bit more of a chore to fight common enemies. Magic is weaken to a point where it's just not really worth it (even white mages aren't that good because of how badly they weaken spells). They made the classes you should use weaker and made useless classes better but they are still useless as fuck. And never really addressed the worse part of FF3 and that is it has one of the worse class system in any JRPG. Where nearly all of the classes are either a really good for one fight (Scholar and Dragoon are great examples) or just an upgrade of an existing class.

FF3 NES might have issues but personally it's a much more enjoyable game than the DS which tries too much which makes it a worse experience personally.

played x, xii, viii, vii, x-2, i, xiii-2, xi (like 2 months)

yes xiv is p gud. Especially like said, XV does not look appealing and xiii is the worst by far in my book. XII is my favorite, so I guess I was already acclimated to xiv.

Never played XI, love the shit out of XIV, IV is my favorite non-mmo FF.

If they did they would have understood that FFXI is the best Final Fantasy in the franchise.

Chains of Promathia is the greatest scenario in FF.

>letting already OP as fuck bosses attack twice
>that part where you're mini'd and can't use physical attacks
We should have got an officially translated NES version.

is it just me, or is FFIII DS fucking stupidly hard?

dude are you literally me?

I played pretty much most of the original I to X and been playing XIV religiously these past few months
It's part of the reason why I even gave XIV a shot since I've never really been interested in mmos and missed my shot at XI

Well I at least find the MMOs repulsive and will never play a single second of them. I'm rather hopeful nowadays that they'll make an actual single player remake of XI in the future, so I can finally listen to the soundtrack with proper context and without fearing spoilers, since I know Mizuta was involved and I'm really curious.

It's hard for the wrong reasons as I pointed out. They made enemies stupidly strong because of the change of 9 to 3 enemies on screen (and powered up bosses). Weaken your spells (which sucks since a few times you are forced to be all spell casters with a strong boss in the end). And weaken the only classes you really should be using (since the others are fucking worthless just not nearly as useless as NES).

So you always felt you were under powered against any enemies. Also the DS version locked Onion Knight where the only way to get it is through a dumb messaging system with other people with FF3 DS.

>Wowfugee
I don't even play FF14, but I know of you as the public enemy #1. How does that make you feel to know that you are known to contribute nothing and bitch all day that game y isn't 'how it's supposed to be'?

>FF3 NES might have issues but personally it's a much more enjoyable game than the DS which tries too much which makes it a worse experience personally.

You know, I always hoped the PSP remake would turn out similarly to the PSP FF4, in that it retains the 2D sprites style, and keep the characters as the nameless Onion Knights. It's a shame they went with just porting over the DS version.

If I was in FF I'd be a black mage

enjoy your short lifespan

>I'm rather hopeful nowadays that they'll make an actual single player remake of XI in the future
Why? Source?

yeah short and powerful like my cock

Sadly this is SE we are talking about who doesn't give a fuck anymore. Hell isn't the PSP version of FF4 just a port as well? I enjoyed FF4 DS but I wish they didn't have those weird abilities you find around. Since the beauty of FF4 is how streamline it is. Where you don't really need to bother with different systems and question which classes would be better or worse.

FF mainline fag here.

I tried playing FF Tactics, but that game is way too slow for me. Like the animations, camera movement, it's just all way to slow. I think I have ADHD, but fuck, that game looks genuinely fun.

It's just slow.
what do?

I mean, since it's dying/being killed off. It increases the chances. And wasn't there something about a phone version? As I said I don't care for the MMOs, so I don't follow them at all. Just saying my hopeful feelings on the matter.

They'll never do it. FFXI is getting remade into a mobile MMO. They've already confirmed they're doing vanilla, Rise of the Zilart, and Chains of Promathia with Treasures and Wings of the Goddess coming if it does well.

It's also the only way we'll get proper scenarios for the other continents.

It's also tied to Nexon which means it'll be absolute shit.

>known to contribute nothing and bitch all day that game y isn't 'how it's supposed to be
Eh I cleared a8s months ago so I figure I'm ok.

no it was based off the GBA version that had the bonus content and HD sprites

No. The PSP version of 4 is 2D and also included Interlude and The After Years.

Thankfully, the PSP version of 4 was built from scratch, in the style of the original games. They even included the After Years games.

>play XIV
>can't bring myself to finish any mainline FF game
And I fucking love JRPGs, but FF just doesn't click for me.

use monks/ninjas

Is the mobile at least going to show up on PC, because I don't use a mobile at all.

Play on an emulator.

pSX is my favorite, you can bind the fast forward key to Space or whatever, just like with VBA. The game is much faster and enjoyable that way.

Were you playing the psp version? That one has slowdown issues I believe.

The original ps1 version is best anyway, for the meme engrish translations if nothing else.

Tactics series was too much menu fuckery for me. I don't remember Tactics since it's been a while since I last tried it out but I played FFTA recently and honestly, the most annoying part was re-equipping people or checking their skill progress. I mean sure it was on GBA and there's a limit to buttons you can use but fuck.

>the After Years
There's nothing good about that

Would I be cheating myself out of a good experience?

Is fast-forwarding cheating?

I abhor tedious shit.

You can use a phone emulator. That's how a bunch of people play Mobius FF and Record Keeper.

But no, it's mobile online and will probably be a smash hit in Japan.

They're designing it around three member parties and adjusting the world and encounters to support that. They confirmed all content up to Chains of Promathia are in development.

Given how shit has been going I'm concerned that they'll use gashapon systems for something integral to the original game.

I'm a fan of the PSP version (at least emulated which gets rid of that annoying slow down). Mostly because of the new localization. PSX version has way too many issues with it.

I don't OP. Then again I only started playing FF with X so my opinion is pretty much garvage apparently

Objective, but my point is that they worked a lot on that collection, instead of porting things straight over.

Why would that be cheating? You're literally doing the same exact things at a quicker speed. Even veterans of the game moved to emulator speed and haven't looked back

youtube.com/watch?v=IW9doa5ljQw

>Even veterans of the game moved to emulator speed and haven't looked back
Thanks.

Time to use emulators, then! Should I be emulating on my android or laptop? Which one is more convenient?

>III
>bad
>I play watered down remakes and judge the original game based on them!

Well shit, I was hoping that it would be exactly like Final Fantasy XI. Final Fantasy XI was the only game mmo I enjoyed and every other mmo has turned me off from their communities to how empty the world feels. I was hoping to play a game that game me the love of mmos again like FFXI.

I get you. Just hated After Years so much that I never felt it's worth ever mentioning.

And funny enough I never really bother with most speed ups. At least for NES and SNES games. PSX however is when they started making everything more showy which makes everything more annoying to play once you seen the same thing over and over again. FF7-9 are the worse of them regarding that.

>Remember all that stuff you did in IV?
>Now you get to do it all over again!

No IX?

No its not, it's predominantly worse.

9 is better than 8 I mean.

>tfw you get commendations as a dps

On the contrary, I hated all the other Final Fantasy games and I've never been able to enjoy an MMO before, but this?
This I love.

>Do mainline FF fans care about the MMOs (XI, XIV)?
No. And they shouldn't be numbered either.

as someone who's played and beaten all FFs but 3, yes. FFXIV is among my favorites and i'd recommend any fan of the series to at least play through the main scenarios

>XIV adds boss from previous game
>Half the party says they never played it

I've played every single player FF, a little bit of XI and a lot of XIV.

I'm always amazed by the amount of people in XI/XIV who haven't played the single player games. The online games are just FF fanservice.

>No. And they shouldn't be numbered either.
Why's that? If your answer is "because they're online" then it doesn't count.

I've been playing FF for over a decade, I've played WoW on and off since BC, and XIV is my current choice of MMO, so I'm pretty confused. How the fuck do you, in particular, enjoy this game?

I never bought into the subscription thing MMOs do so I never played them.

Not that I never had any interest, but I just don't believe in continually paying for a game I already bought.

Best to buy near the end and play during your free month.

FFXI is practically a single player game now with all the adjustments they've made.

XIV is also a single player game in the sense that all main story quests are solo and when you do get to a dungeon or boss, it pairs you with random people you'll never see again.

Chances are I won't finish playing through it in that month.

i play a little

those people should kill themselves

not him, but they should've titled them differently. it would be confusing to have most of the numbered FF games offline games and mmos grouped together

Because they are different genres
and because they are online fuck you

It's still an RPG much like the other games, go back to /ffg/ with your shallow reasoning.

I wanna play ffxiv. You think square would Want to gift it to a sick man?

fuck you

>sick man
Oh and this is where I'm supposed to ask what sickness you have like I give a shit to stroke your ego, right?

25 hours to go to 3.4.

FF XI was very much its own thing, and quite different from other FF's in style and atmosphere. Honestly at times it felt like a fantasy MMO with the FF brand slapped on.

FF XIV however is one giant homage to everything FF that came before it, especially FF 1-6.

Yes basically social FF the game with fanservice/references

>love 4
>love making OP parties
>have to deal with these little shits every time
did enjoy that DS version made it less tedious at least

fuck that means servers will be down soon right?

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 1 for the PSP, it's my first FF game ever and it's ok I guess. Has a really nice soundtrack and the graphics are good, but the random encounters can get annoying and it's kinda boring sometimes.

I'm at the fire volcano now.

If you want. Either way I don't care, user.

Aren't you that user who made a thread recently about which FF to play? If so, I'm glad you're playing FF!

I've beaten all main games since VII. I haven't finished adoulin missions in XI, but I'm through 3.3 in FFXIV. Took several attempts to finish XIII, I had make myself trudge through it because fuck Hope, I hope he dies of cancer.

Very old school game. It's not terrible, but there will be much better through out the series.

Nope, I know what thread you're talking about but that wasn't me.

Btw, I want to play every FF game, but RPGs are really long so I'm not sure if I'll really do it.
:D

Good to know.

Oh, you must've been someone who posted in that thread. In that case, we probably talked to each other.

I'm actually doing the same thing you're doing. Started with FFI on PSP, currently on FFVI for the GBA. It's time consuming, yeah, but it's all right.

>fuck that means servers will be down soon right?
In a hour and 20 minutes from this post yes.

Are you playing on an emulator by the way? I highly recommend it because some of these games can get tedious as fuck.

Only FF game I've played is Tactics

What am I missing out on

Honestly PSX is the only good version of FF1 personally. Ever version after that makes it way too easy to a point it's almost literally brain dead. FF2 is a game where you might want to look up how the game works. Because it does a shitty job at telling you things.

>28,200 hours

16,000 of which is idling?

Oh I'm sooooo sure Mr. Terminal.

everything Ivalice related

Ah what version of FF III did you play? It doesn't have a 2D remake, so if you play it in 3D, you have to go back to 2D for the next title.

Nope, on a real PSP (pic related). I like the comfiness that a handheld provides.

Yeah the earth demon boss was easier than I expected it to be, but not having to grind is also a good thing.

not really, no life since release you get some pretty big play times

I played the PSP ver. of FFIII (which is basically the DS 3d version). It turned out to be my least favorite FF game.

why do you have feminine hands? r u a gril

The issue isn't really grinding but how they changed numbers around. PSX is basically the NES just with bug fixes. Magic is completely different where GBA onward is all MP based while NES/PSX uses a Magic Charge system like D&D. So you have to watch out on how you cast spells. Plus money is more of a problem so unless you want to grind for cash you have to be careful what item to buy for your party. While GBA onward just hands you all the cash you need and than some.

There's a few other changes that makes it easier but those two are really the biggest ones that come to mind. I say if you ever want to replay FF1 try out the PSX on Normal and see how big of a difference the game actually is.
The issue is the class system is really fucking bad and the story is kind of nonexisting. FF2 has a much better story focus even if it was just Star Wars. While FF2 has gameplay issues it's at least feels thought out.

>FF2 has a much better story focus even if it was just Star Wars
what did she mean by this?

No_

I know I'm too late to the thread for anyone to care but...
I had FF1 when I was a kid but I was really too young to get that much into it. My first FF was a rental of 4, and when my parents bought 6, both me and my mom put so many hours into it, that the cartridge just about melted.
When they announced XI, I was less than thrilled. I hated the idea because I knew I'd never get to play. Living in Appalachia is living 4 years behind the rest of the world, we were on dial-up and stuck that way.
I ended up starting XI right before Chains of Promathia came out. I only stopped playing maybe 6 months ago.
I played XIV 1.0 on launch day, and during the free year, up until the moon fell. 2.0 didn't hit the right notes for me but I played up until the last patch before Heavensward. Life got in the way and I havn't touched it since.
Of the mainlines, I've played and beaten all but V (horrible luck, losing my save data halfway through the merged world each time), and the 13 sequels. Hoping to have the money to fork over for XV when it hits.
tl;dr played them all loved them all beat (almost) them all. The MMOs were both great for what they were. I've met a shitton of XI players that love FF. I've met a shitton of XIV players that never have played any FF.

Yes and
Yes

Do you love mother?

I... what?
If you're talking about the Mother series, I greatly enjoyed it.
If you're talking about my mom? Of course I do. She didn't gracefully slide into the newer consoles as I did, but I visit her weekly and help her out whenever she gets stuck on the mobile version of FFV.
She's a gamer at heart.

Do you love your mother like Sephiroth does with his?

I answer this question by saying I played a career White Mage on XI, even obtaining Mjollnir.
Mom played for 3 months and leveled Monk to 45. We beat stuff up in dunes.