Is Tera Worth getting into?

Is Tera Worth getting into?

I liked it for a while but got bored at level 60+

Its the worst ERP autist moshpit there is but its alright, waaaay too grindy around level 57-58 imo

If you want to do pvp get ready to play an archer or enjoy a life of getting fucked by their (literallly, im not exaggerrating) oneshot abilities

p2w, full of erping elins, dated, p2slut

Nah. Combat is good but dunno how the latest content plays out but they probably made it worse.

I dont know. Is your mom?

I don't know dad. Why don't you ask that jew you keep sucking

I just completed the first dungeon as a warrior tank with 2 friends. It's 6/10 so far. The attack and dodge patterns get repetitive really quickly and with the red zones, you never need to learn monster attacks. One thing is the aiming of attacks, unlike other MMOs where you will automatically walk in range, your skills activate upon pressing the button so you need to know the range and aoe of your skills.

Only if you have friends who would be dedicated to getting into an MMO.

The only reason people still play this shit is the loli race.
The game is grindy and the combat is shit.

If your PC doesn't shit the bed during dungeons and raids then yeah.

Otherwise stay away until you get a better rig.

Just play Blade and Soul

It's okay but the community used to be much better when it was p2p.

My luck is so bad, that Blade and Soul is so unfun. The weapons you need near the end takes forever, if you're unlucky

Well if you tried it and didn't like nothing more I can say. I will say that with the recent updates they lowered the costs for weapon upgrades drastically.

This is my second try at the game. I really love a lot of things about it, but when you're opening chests and get every other class weapon and then you run out of keys, it starts to get a little unfun

You mean Revelation Online.

They give you brilliant keys for the starting regions in surveys and starter packages so that hassle can be alleviated. However if that's stopping you from having fun the games not for you.

Relevation will be hot for one month and then die off just like BnS and BDO. I'll give it a try though.

>a 5-6 year old mmo still having trouble running smoothly in the year of 2016

>waaaay too grindy around level 57-58 imo

Kek.

Getting to 60 is easy. It's the equipment grind that's a pain in the ass, and without equipment you may as well not bother with any endgame content that isn't equalized.

too late, the best time was before MCHM nerfed

Do you want to play a male character?
Get the fuck away from this game.
Do you want to play a badass female character?
Get the fuck away from this game.
Do you want to play a loli?
ERP?
Idle in town doing nothing but shake your ass?
Go for it.

My amani Zerk is a total badass except I'm not good at PVP and my latency is huge and equipment grind is bullshit.

>Any cashshop outfit used to give female Aman the body of a human one
>Even their feets

Did they fixed this?

No, but who cares the only cash shop item worth using on Amani is the pirate outfit and that keeps their real feet.

The problem with Tera is that it's way to grindy in PvE, literally every quest is go to area, kill 10 of these, come back.

It gets really bad when enemies just start getting copy pasted, so in a say 10-20 you are fighting in a jungle, you fight jungle wolves, then in 20-30 you on a island so you fight island wolves, then 30-40 you are in a desert, you fight desert wolves.

It really becomes tedious fighting the same copy-pasted monsters over and over again with different colour schemes.

You can also argue, WoW did largely the same and it did, the difference was, WoW had narrative and story and well written quests. In Tera, and I'm level 60, this is all I can tell you about the story.

Some Island appears, then you go fight shit on it, then you go to a city, and talk to a general, and a goddess, then then the general turns out to be crazy guy or some shit attached to a cult and the cult is doing something like summoning big monsters maybe.

That's all I could tell you of the story, and I maxed level cap on 2 characters.

The Ironic thing is that Tera is the MMO, that feels most like a sequel to WoW. Seriously, the world they have designed is beautiful, the seamless transitions between areas, the magestic landscapes, the way the combat is WoW-ish, but feels like a real evolution of WoW's combat.

I honestly think if you showed people pictures of Tera's environments a few years back and said "This is the new Blizzard WoW sequel" they would believe you. It really does have that same sense of majesty that Azeroth has.

Too bad the story and setting they build around that world, fucking sucked and was shallow shit.

You are wrong, you can get a cap in a week just doing %50-%75 of story quests or just playing the battlegrounds.

What I mean grindy as fuck, is the gameplay, for most of it, doesn't deviate at all.

It's kill the same copy-pasted monsters over and over again.

Also you can hit the cap incredibly quickly just by kiting and AOE'ing wolves and boars in every area. It doesn't stop it from being grindy though. The game lets you level fast, this is a good thing about it, it's just the gameplay becomes tedious when everything is so copy-pasted.

I don't remember a copy-pasted shit you are talking about, it was so fun to explore new locations, do a little portions of quests and run some dungeons there with another players. I played it mostly in 2014.

>that ugly, cheap DOF

I can't fap to that

You can also count the edges of the model around the breasts/booty.

>Unreal Engine MMO
No shit it would never run well.

Tera definitely still has the best combat, followed by black desert.
Played it since release and 1.5 years.
PvP was super broken until they fixed it.
Had a elin lancer which was named "P", later sold that name and changed to "Gameforge".
I always did solo corsairs thing. Never went for objective but only for kills. So I didnt care if I win or lose.
I think I ended up with like 5k kills and 300 deaths. Was damn good.

I still got some 1 character names left on my account. Could sell for a good amount of money

>with the red zones, you never need to learn monster attacks.
You can turn that off in the settings.

Post your characters, faggots.

>Some Island appears, then you go fight shit on it, then you go to a city, and talk to a general, and a goddess, then then the general turns out to be crazy guy or some shit attached to a cult and the cult is doing something like summoning big monsters maybe.
>That's all I could tell you of the story, and I maxed level cap on 2 characters.
>Too bad the story and setting they build around that world, fucking sucked and was shallow shit.
The actual problem is the presentation. The story, setting, and lore is all there and is mostly pretty decent. But it's almost entirely buried under text boxes that NPCs say. Which is bullshit.

>The story, setting, and lore is all there and is mostly pretty decent.
I have to agree. It had some cool moments too, like when you fight alongside Kaia best goddess.

Why do the devs seem to have a boner for corrupted, dead Elin though? It's like every new expansion has one of the fuckers get corrupted and killed.

It's because in the lore, Elin are the dick-ass fae of the world. So they get dicked on.
Meanwhile the aryan nazi elves get a free pass.

Elin are basically the protagonists of TERA.

Are they? Felt like they did fuckall in the story.

The protags are Humans for the first third, then High Elves and Amani share the rest.

Humans only show up as an early antagonist and fuck off for most of the story. You get a faggot elf and shitstanic for occasional companions through the extremely plot irrelevant 1-58 leveling. Amani are side characters at some point. 59 to 60 is an Elin and then a Castanic partner. 60 to 65 which is the only part where there is an actual in your face story line is all about an Elin in search of another Elin. Also Castanics are in the antagonist roles now and going by the name Devas. Elin have the most exclusive classes. Elin get the most costumes. Elin are featured most prominently in the story. Elin is the protagonist race of TERA.

>Also Castanics are in the antagonist roles now and going by the name Devas
Devas aren't Castanics. The latter is an offshoot race from the former.

So your basis is that there's an elin side character in the 60-65 story and that pedos buy lots of cash shop shit?

Not really convinced to be honest.

>elin side character
More like the main character. She's the main focus of the story, you don't even appear in the cutscenes. She's also the one to get credit for defeating the Argon Queen. You literally run into this bitch after every quest.

It's basically the same.

What I hate is that the original questline up until 60 is amazing at points, but after solving the Argon story you get stuck with stale mmo crap.

Really, machine race from hell trying to take over the world is fantastic in an mmo setting, and it really made some places have lasting impact.

Why is her head so tiny? It looks horrible.

It has nice graphics but requires a lot of hardware and every update it becomes less optimized.

I used to play during p2p era, smooth 60fps in dungeons then I played for while when level cap raised to 65 and the best I could get was 20-30 fps. You need an overclocked cpu to get it right.

From my experience the most fun part were hanging out with TFT and NFA (Cred Forums and Cred Forums guilds before /vg/ existed) and doing hard mode dungeons while being a cute and generic elin.

>She's the main focus of the story, you don't even appear in the cutscenes. She's also the one to get credit for defeating the Argon Queen.

That's a pet peeve right there.

And yes, TERA is fucking terrible.

dont you want to be an elin ninja?

The reason why I play(ed) Tera since 2012 is because of the action combat and the loli race. Everything else is trash imo.

Leveling isn't a grind at all. Right now, you can easily get to max level in 10-12 hours without doing any super-secret hardcore strategies.

Endgame PvE consists of clearing the same 2-3 dungeons every day to get materials to craft the best in slot gear/sell for gold. 100 clears usually rewards you with a shiny name title which other players can see to boost your epeen. Or you can kill the same monsters alone everyday in a specific island to farm gold. This routine is repeated every 6 months when the current dungeons get replaced with new ones.

PvP endgame is dueling in the open world, ganking lowbies in a pvp server, guild vs guild battles with the new patch and queuing for battlegrounds. You earn credits from bg's which you can spend on crafting pvp gear.

>easily get to max level in 10-12 hours

People say this about every MMO now but I never understand how people do it? I try MMOs, do quests or the strat that people say and after 10-12 hours im level 20. Tera for instance. Last time I played all I did were the quests along my path, no low level quests no exploring or crafting or extra stuff, after 10 hours I was noooowhere near max level. So how do you do it?

>there will never be a new game with Elin 2.0 race and better graphics

it hurts

Don't post BnS (about same time as TERA, just took longer getting here) or Revelation (they look worse than Elin somehow despite having half a decade to polish it)

people usually just assume you know what you're doing and/or have things from a main character to make it faster

a new player will take longer, obviously

With Tera specifically, I tried this general method as a solo player:
>1-11 - complete starter island tutorial
>12-60 - solo the dungeons meant for 5players and/or win the kumas royale battleground for daily quest.
>60-65 - complete the storyline which begins in velika outskirts (supply & demands quest) and complete Sabex+catacombs dungeon.

What isn't worth your time:
>completing yellow quests (not worth the time spent vs exp gain)
Orange story quests are an ok substitute if you can't manage the dungeons or want to break up the monotony.

One of the newer classes like Ninja. Brawler, Gunner generally shouldn't have trouble with this. With healer classes I just constantly used the dungeon finder tool instead of soloing it.

There's some other tips about having good gear, crystals and various boosts to speed up the process but learning all that could overwhelm newer players. If you're leveling with friends though, it's even quicker.

sorry I meant to say
>12-20 - do the story quest in Fey forest? or oblivion woods (I dont remember but the game transports you to the right spot anyway)

you get the first overpowered avatar weapon here

Which of these games just got censored to fuck by Korean sjws?

Don't bother OP. It's Filled with the biggest literal autistic spectrum crowd of weaboos. I'm talking actual aspergers and general social mental illness. All of the chan guilds and normie guilds are dead besides these types. Everybody decent quit a long time ago.

Shit PvE, anything "new" is just recycled assets
PvP ruined by the devs themselves years ago "but muhcombat!1" it's over, there is no good PvP
No endgame
No content, the game has never had content

Tera has been in the final phase of MMO death for a very long time. Devs are milking their autistic spectrum players to get every last dime before dropping support to make more phone games. Anybody who tells you otherwise is one of the losers who still "plays" this game if you could say that a game with no content can be played.

Personally I'm losing motivation to play because I'm tired of the 6 month cycle of replacing my gear (I just don't care about numbers anymore), the terrible class balance made worse with new classes, the way the publisher En Masse is running the game after Tonka (community manager) left - FIHM patch delay, flying dragon mounts obtainable through in-game methods are delayed but putting them in the cash shop is fine, lack of transparancy with the community on game issues. The other day I think the servers went down due to a DDoS attack but nothing was said about it so far.

And I'm tired of the developer not optimizing the game, recycling old monsters in newer dungeons every patch, the linearity of a themepark mmo (no player housing, no life activities like fishing), adding mounts that have a passive stat which increase your crit damage now, creating features which eventually get outdated and removed like Alliance and Crusades instead of maintained to stay relevant.

Not anymore. I wouldn't play Tera after the 65 patch. Game was at it's 'peak' when Manaya's Core, KN20 and WHHM were 'relevant'.

That said, even now the game has some merit, it still has the greatest MMORPG combat in the genre, fighting huge (like, genuinely huge) monsters solo is fun the first hundred times and it's one of the few mmos to let you play a legitimate loli. Raiding as an Elin Slayer is a hell of a drug.

This, I was really into the game for a while, but now I rarely bother to log in. I kept creating new characters over and over but in the end it's still gets really boring.

>More like the main character. She's the main focus of the story, you don't even appear in the cutscene
By that logic the Popori mechanic is more of a main character.

The combat and world are amazing, the dungeons are also great. I am really glad I played it, it's hard to put years into it though.

It has a fairly large ERP community on celestial hills on the NA servers too if you're into that.

I play for the tiddy monsters mainly, they look deformed in blade and soul.

>they look deformed in blade and soul.
More exaggerated hips, thighs.
Which I am ok with, there are enough titty games out there.

Same. Endgame is boring and unfulfilling

Is there really any mmo worth getting into?

(no ffxiv)

personal taste I guess, I prefer them to look a bit more realistic. Blade and Soul looks nasty as hell to me.

Yeah, same as every mmorpg though

Tera is a great mmo, I played it for about 18 months and loved the endgame dungeons and battlegrounds etc.

Just it's not like wow where you play for 10 years n shit. Then again nothing is like that anymore, I lasted longer in Tera than I did FFXIV at least.

I liked TERA.
Runs like crap though.
But what kept me there was the friends and the social part.
The combat is great but they remove content and reintroduce it again a year later over and over again.

>they look deformed in blade and soul
All of TERA's races are deformed as fuck though.

>Runs like crap though.
The best part is it's just the Western version that does. The Japanese and Korean clients ran fine, and they somehow managed to make it run like shit for its release.

To each.
I find the exaggerated human figure... exotic, I suppose.

Fun if you're going in with a friend, forgettable elsewise. Unless if you're one of the ERPfags.

God help you if you don't like lolis.

What is the erp like?
I have no idea, wondering if it is as crude, crass and poorly written as I expect.

>they somehow managed to make it run like shit
I should be surprised, but I'm not.

>Game runs like shit
>They make it run worse in a patch

I've been wanting to play it again just to be a huge slut, but it's too difficult to get strangers to fuck you, and takes ages to get all the sexy outfits

I played it on release. I had fun with the PvP, but holy fuck if someone had a single gear set above you, you literally stood no chance. You could be level 34 fighting a level 35, and they'd have the newer gear so they'd easily win.

Dropped the game when I hit level 50 and never looked back.

I want to fuck this

You can hit max level in a couple days and have a decent amount of fun.

It's been dead for over a year or two by now