Snake, did I ever tell you about the time I became an army instructor even though I'm a blind amputee?

>Snake, did I ever tell you about the time I became an army instructor even though I'm a blind amputee?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YZY7QCBMWoE
youtube.com/watch?v=QzyajaDWsJY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm still not sure if he was blind or not in MGSV. He seemed to be aware of people and obstacles around him.
Anyway, he was a cripple and he still managed to be an army instructor. Imagine what he'd be capable of if he was healthy.

He was on par with big boss, which is considered by many, the most capable person who ever lived.

sgt lafayette poole became a tank instructor after ww2 even though he lost his legs

He reveals himself to be blind in that one dramatic cutscene where he tells the Diamond Dogs to suspect everyone and everything, because he was a crazy asshole at the time.
It's more like
>>Snake, did I ever tell you about the time I built a private army twice, once with your genetic predecessor and once with his physically transfigured, brainwashed body double? And then I left all that shit behind to train your stupid ass, who's aging at more than twice the speed of a normal human being and nobody's questioning it? Yeah, good times.

You mean his milky eyes? I saw, but he still doesn't act like a blind person. He limps around the motherbase on his own perfectly fine, and doesn't fall off the edge of a platform or anything.

>physically transfigured, brainwashed body double?
What.

What ever happened to Pliskin?

I know. The way he acted in all the cutscenes seemed to indicate he could see, but those eyes were that of a blind man. They're the same as Boss' blinded eye at the start of the game.
So I don't know what the fuck was up with that.

He wasnt completely blind. He had cataracts. Iirc wearing dark sunglasses helps.

don't you remember when he died from jumping after metal gear ray in mgs2?

I think one can at least assume after he decided he wanted to get revenge on Big Boss that he ended up getting some prosthetic limbs like Venom. But hey, what do I know? What does ANYONE know?

Venom Snake, assumedly.

>who's aging at more than twice the speed of a normal human being and nobody's questioning it?
his rapid aging started way after Kaz was kill

I just started playing the MGS series and I'm having a problem understanding the body double thing.

You just got MGS V spoiled for you then.
Although it's not like that wasn't obvious since the prologue, when you hear Snake's voice coming out of another character.

I thought Ishmael was just a hallucination or something like that.

Kaz had cataracts. He definitely had decreased vision, but he obviously wasn't blind. He's still capable of getting around but is obviously shit at actual combat, hence why he's a drill instructor/commander.

Seems like a health issue he's been dealing with for a long time. He had sunglasses in Peace Walker. Probably grew up with sensitivity to sunlight.

>There are people who let themselves get spoiled

I mean, if you don't give a shit about the story then that's fine. But don't ask retarded questions and go "hurr I don't understand" when all you need to do is google search the answer.

It was a lot more obvious for anyone following the game before release.

One of the trailers practically gives it all away by telling you right away that there was a third person in the hospital alongside Big Boss and Kaz. People even asked Kojima and he said "it's you", more or less telling everyone that the player character isn't Big Boss.

I already played and beaten MGSV, I never said I was spoiled by it, I'm not understanding someone saying that Boss is a body double.
And there is no such thing as a retarded question.
Well, that ruined the experience. I thought I was the badass Big Boss not some player character covering for him.

It's time to let go Cred Forums. It's never going to make more sense than this, or somehow become a more satisfying conclusion as far as MGS plots go

>I already played and beaten MGSV
>I'm not understanding someone saying that Boss is a body double.

> I thought I was the badass Big Boss not some player character covering for him.
You yourself have become Big Boss through all the time you've invested, skills you've developed and TECHNOLOGY you've discovered while playing Metal Gear over the last couple decades.

Big Boss himself didn't become Big Boss until he won the title from his predecessor either.

>Well, that ruined the experience. I thought I was the badass Big Boss not some player character covering for him.

Are you sure you finished the game, user?

Venom > BB

Uh, did you complete chapter 1 and think you were done or something?

In fact that would probably have been a better place to leave off on than the real ending.

Naked Snake >>> Big Boss

This guy gets it.

Though we may never meet... you my nigga.

Venom > Naked

I agree, chapter 3 ending left a sour taste.

Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you I fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot) in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his tiny jetpack. Luckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend.

Oh my god you fucking retards

his eyesight was damaged by the Soviets shining a fucking bright light in his eyes for days on end, but he's not totally blind.

>They do something to your eyes?
>It's just bright, is all

jesus christ Metal Gear Solid V really is too smart for you dipshits when simple fucking context clues like these are lost on you

Sometimes I love Cred Forums

Nah, not really. Naked is more entertaining as a loveable autist

Snake, that's not Master Miller!

Also Solid >>> Both

This, how the fuck do they think he gets around mother base.

Venom is barely even a character.

All we know is that he's some guy who got a face lift and never fucking talks.

dereato disu

MGS2 > MGS3 > MGSV > MGS1 > MGS4

No bias. Just stating the objective truth.

I like to imagine that after he got fed up with Diamond Dog's bullshit and feeling betrayed that he got prosthetics similar to what Ocelot had in MGS4 and had work done on his cataracts.

Shit, I must be autistic, because it's only now that I understood what the fat guy is doing in both pictures.
I originally assumed that he approves of whatever is next to him standing, and disapproves of anything that is next to him opening the door. I figured he is asking the thing next to him to leave, not approving him and inviting him in.

I can't bring myself to agree with MGS1 being so low. Sure, it's the oldest, but it's an unforgettable experience

Swap 3 and 5 and we'll have a deal.

Nostalgia shouldn't determine whether or not a game is good.

MGS1/2 > 3 > 4 > V

desu there's no other way

I get this feeling that you're like 13

MGS3 > MGS1 > MGS4 > MGS2 > MGSV

for acknowledging MGS1/2 are the only ones that really matter?

But it is pretty good. It's only problem is that it's old

I think we should break it up depending on gameplay vs story.

MGSV plays well enough, the writing is just dumb as hell in a lot of ways.

A 13 year old would like V the most

Of all the Post-MGS4 games MGSV is the one with some themes that are actually interesting. Too bad the way Kojima delivers them is so shitty.

GZ is the absolute peak of nu-MGS, whereas MGS2 is the peak of old style.

>the writing is just dumb as hell in a lot of ways.

Metal Gear Solid V, some cut content aside, is a masterpiece and truly remarkable example of storytelling through gameplay

plebs who got into the series so they could play MGS4 just didn't get it, because they were led to believe the series is about a literal, linear fictional timeline documented through endless cutscenes rather than a meta-narrative that serves as an examination of how internal and external forces influence one's identity and the nature of video games themselves

Thats why I give MGSV some leeway regarding the story, its a little bit better than people give it credit for, especially when you factor in the cut content.

Too bad the gameplay is dogshit.

No, a game's verdict should not be split into different sections. That's stupid.

It should be judged on how the entire game's experience is.

probably because there's a drake template just like this that's widespread and fits your interpretation

MGS3 > MGS1 > MGS2 > MGS4 > MGSV

>You just didn't get it!

What's there to get about a game hitting its climax halfway through, meandering about for the second half, and ending on a big stinker of a predictable twist that had basically nothing to do with the plot that you spent most of the game dealing with?

You literally have the worst opinions in the world

This isnt an excuse, but I'm pretty sure Kojima was trying to go for somekind of cheesy episodic/seasonal kind of thing, which is why only part 1 actually feels like a complete story, but he never got around to implementing it in full.

It actually would've been interesting to see him do an episodic structure like Hitman, I think MGSV would've been more sucessful that way.

I bealive you mean
peacewalker > everything else

I played enough Ubisoft games in my life to know that MGSV is a very poor imitation of one.

The entire series lost its way once they departed from the top-down style. Ever since MGS3 its been a slow crawl to cover ground that Splinter Cell already did, and much better.

If you really want to talk about top tier stealth games we're looking at Thief, and Hitman, but thats another thread.

MGO2 > MGS

>that had basically nothing to do with the plot that you spent most of the game dealing with?

Confirmed for pleb. Really think about the character of Skull Face, who he is, and why he's in the story. Remember that the story is about YOU, the player, taking the legend of Big Boss for yourself through gameplay.

Again, you think this series is about a literal, strict continuity. You would have hated MGS2 if you played it when it came out, you just pretend to like it now because Matthewmatosis and superbunnyhop explained the story to you.

MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS1 > MGSPW > MGS4

Cut out the irrelevant entires in the story.

>retarded motherfucking morons who pretend like V is on the same level of deep or misunderstood as 2
>other retards immediately come out of the woodwork and start spouting dumb shit about V "having the best gameplay" while they could probably never beat any of the earlier games on Extreme

every thread

It does have the best gameplay though. Probably not the best implementation of it. Nor does it help with the terrible levels. GZ was a much tighter designed base and I just wish every level was like that.

And for the record I've done a Foxhound/Big Boss run on every MGS game at least once.

>all that bullshit
woah
it's almost like venom is a worse version of raiden

"GAMEPLAY" is more than just how Snake controls. The controls are tight, yes, but older entries (disregarding PW) were much more complicated and allowed you to do all kinds of shit.

Everything else is worse in V. From the level design and difficulty to enemy AI. "Best gameplay in the series!".

Fucking cretins. Over and over with this shit.

2 did a much better job of being a meta-deconstruction of sequels and the series in general. In V it just felt like some tacked on shit that had no impact.

He was most likely a civi contractor which explains he was able to work as an instructor for the SAS, Green berets, USMC and FOXHOUND along with several mercenary groups

Miller is NOT blind, his eyes are simply sensitive to light (which is why they're sunglasses).

While we're at it, MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS1 > PW > GZ > MGS4 > MGSV.

This guy gets it. V's gameplay isn't even that good. Bosses are shit, side missions are repetitive shit, nothing to do at Mother Base yet the game begs you to visit, mobile-game timers on R&D, the open world is barren, and the game length is padded by shit like waiting for the helicopter, watching the helicopter cutscene, driving from point A to B, etc.

That's not true, he said "that's me, watching over my characters" or something to that effect.

This, i keep seeing people thinking snake must have looked 20 when he was 9, because he ages rapidly... Thats not how it works anons.
I think they should have just left it at the more plausable idea that snakes very cells being in a state of massive decline is just a result of cloning from cells of an already much older man, rather than "the gubiment programing his genes as an insurance policy."

i never understood how and where Miller and Snake met.

i mean, Portable OPs is suggested to be non-canon (so i've never played it) But in PW its like Snake and Miller have been the best friends like forever, and also MSF just happens to be already built. just like DD is already there at the start of MGSV and Outer Heaven because Fuckonami AND FUCKING PHILANTROPY IN MGS2! Why can't we ever see a formation being BUILT?

anyways. How did Snake and Miller met? Is it ever mentioned in a game?

Mgs1 is the only game not filled with shit

lol just lol

MGS2 revealing the Solid Snake Simulation and the AI starting to go insane telling you to shut off the console had a lot more impact than replaying the tutorial amd getting a gold star and a pat on the back for being big boss

This. MGS1 is the only MGS game not filled to the brim with utterly retarded bullshit. It balances perfectly on the fine edge between pseudo-realism and rule of cool, even when considering the supernatural elements like Mantis' psionic powers.

OK, it's simple. In MGSV you get to play as big boss to later find out it's not really big boss but rather a medic that went throught facial reconstruction to look like Big Boss. That meic is Venom Snake.

Ther you asked for it. I feel sorry to any faggot who gets spoiled by this post. But then agian, wtf are they doing on this thread?

Metal Gear Erectus is the best boss fight the series had. And V gameplay is also a head above everything the series done before.
The problem is that being an open world game threw level design out of the window. And a stealth game with zero level design is bound to play like shit regardless of the gameplay quality.

Hope you enjoy your codecs in 2, band of retards and muh boss in 3 and cutscenes in 4.
Atleast 3 is entertaining.

I bet you think slapstick is the epitome of comedy

>In MGSV you get to play as big boss to later find out it's not really big boss but rather a medic that went throught facial reconstruction to look like Big Boss.
Actually, MGSV consists of GZ and TPP, so technically you do get to play as Big Boss.

>pretending like MGSV's "story" is so good it's a shame that you get spoiled

The twist this time around is pretty fucking obvious, and whatever plot is there sucks massive dick. How can anyone care after finishing Chapter 1 is beyond me.

>Actually, MGSV consists of GZ and TPP, so technically you do get to play as Big Boss.
It's pretty obvious when people refer to MGSV here, they're talking TPP. Nobody counts the glorified demo that was GZ as part of it.

Then those people are wrong. I also like to think of GZ to be part of MGSV, at least then it's not utter shit.

To be pair, it's not like anyone who plays TPP for the first time is expecting Chapter 2 to be mostly filler missions, a missing ending, and a tacked on epilogue that is just the prologue with an extra cutscene.

Ground Zeroes was meant to be part of MGSV, and it wasn't the tutorial.

I was talking more about the angle of "Chapter 1 was so fucking dumb that nobody will care what happens after that".

It certainly ruined the game for me, I couldn't give less of a fuck about Venom not being BB at that point.

Why are you replying to me? That's what I said. MGSV is GZ and TPP. GZ is the prologue of MGSV.

It is on some PW tape.

/watch?v=kAALbAr-BqM

Kaz had a hard life and an undignified death. Being Kaz is suffering.

You can post youtube links here mate.

>great and established character in PW
>plenty of cassette tapes both on himself and his top tier bantz with BB/other MSF members
>easily my favorite character in the pre-MG1 saga

And then V rolls around and he's just a fucking edgelord with no substance, because Kojima can't write grief or rage properly, Venom is a silent-self insert and Ocelot is a normal man in this.

this actually happened

"Now do you remember who you are, what you were meant to do? I cheated death thanks to you. And thanks to you I've left my mark. You have too. You've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you are too. No, he's the two of us together. Where we are today, we built it. This story, this 'legend', it's ours. We can change the world, and with it, the future. I am you and you are me. Carry that with you wherever you go. Thank you, my friend. From here on out, you're Big Boss."

"Snake, did I ever tell you about the time I - I mean your brother hijacked a highly advanced Metal Gear along with a bunch of African orphans and my childhood friend Psycho Mantis?"

wow..... so mcuch win.... i can't.....handle....all....this...win........

*dies*

x_x

Doesn't really matter what it was meant to be originally. It was sold separately from TPP and thus, most people don't really take into account when discussing MGSV as a whole.

Hello Snake, it's me your mentor: Master Miller. I have told you a lot of stories of Big Boss, but did I ever tell you about the times he attacked all his own men? After getting back to base from a hard day of punching sheep, Boss went over to every single one of the team and punched them right in the face with his metal fist. There was no soldier left conscience. He did this as a sign of respect, and they all knew it. He also liked to steal their value diamonds, as well a throw them off of high structures. There's a good chance some of those men had permanent spinal injuries, but they all knew it was out of respect. He was a good friend

Yes it does. You even mention it now that it was sold separately from TPP, as if TPP isn't equal to MGSV. It's clear that MGSV is the sum of GZ and TPP, and not taking that into account is wrong.

>Snake, did I ever tell you about the Patriots? They were a group of extremely powerful men who controlled the world. Well, just one guy. And I knew him personally. In fact, I knew all about the operation. I should have probably told you about it, but there was a period of about 10 years when nobody mentioned them and I kind of forgot. They are good friends.

“After the end of World War II, the world was split into two—East and West. This marked the beginning of the era known as the Cold War.”

Snake, did I ever tell you about the white master race?

youtube.com/watch?v=YZY7QCBMWoE

Kazuhira "If you fulton a coon, I'll shoot down the balloon" Miller

>no soldier left conscience
>left conscience

he surpased him in some ways he knew what to do to make money which big boss didn't know

the whole group would not exsist if it wasn't for him

if he was blind how did he see quite in that scene

Is there anything more retarded in videogames than MGS canon?

>he was a good friend

Blind people can echo-locate

He equipped the active sonar, m8. He had a large supply of mushrooms to keep the battery going too

>STARRING THE OCELOT UNIT
>STARRING METAL GEAR
>STARRING THE SPOILER UNIT

kojima why did you do this

>Solid Snake Simulation
When will this meme die?
It actually stood for Selection for Societal Sanity.
Stop perpetuating the intentionally misleading definition.

Believe it's supposed to be a bouncer, yeah.

>blind

what?

echo-locate?

The plot twists in Yakuza 4?

the plot in 3 seems a lot worse

then again i havent gotten to 4 yet

"He was a good friend."

Guess what the average Cred Forums user has in common with ken levine, although they readily jump on the bash train for it as well.

Being attracted to things you don´t understand is good and well, but talking about them without using that fascination to inform yourself about it is what certifies people as idiots.

>implying anyone really "understands" quantum mechanics

I don't think he should be catching shit for not portraying quantum mechanics properly, I'd go for the whole "gameplay" part of Bioshock Infinite. It was one of the worst shooters I have played at the time.

Plot in Yakuza 3? I didn't know there was a plot

It's not even the concept, just that people miss the definition when the game explicitly explains it to you not 15 minutes after first telling you about it.

Solid Snake Simulation and Selection for Societal Sanity are essentially the same thing, the latter more on a universal, less specific level.

while the "plot" in yakuza 3 isn't as good as the first or second one it had its moments

i thought the whole bit with the orphanage at the beginning was a nice refreshing change of pace because by the end of 2 i was getting pretty sick of kamurocho

This, S3 is just Patriot's ability to control people in any given scenario, which includes making them think and act like they're Solid Snake.

Yeah, it wasn't more of a "let's turn into a legendary soldier", but more of a "let's create context so that everyone acts like we want and pass on the 'memes' that we want for future generations, all through complete domination over the flow of information, which enables them to censore everything they think is unnecessary

This was 2001 lol; kojima goes from hack to genius so many times throughout MGS it's not even a joke

What?

With MGSV being steaming shit and Death Stranding supposedly being an multiplayer open world game, it's more hack than genius nowadays.

code talker says in that one cutscene where the parasites give him information that miller can see

MGS2 really is a genius sequel, especially if you followed its development closely, watching trailers and presentations.
Everything plays into its meta narrative.

I mean, MGSV as a whole product is still better than most shit that comes out nowadays, even with all the disappointing stuff (which is a lot)

Those games come out every 5 years or so in average. I'll take one disappointing kojima game every few years without a doubt

MGS games have always been a combination of weaboo shit with hollywood assets. MGSV got rid of all the weaboo shit (except for some loli posters and whatnot) and went full hollywood, and I think it heavily paid the price for it

but that wasn't Kaz, that was Liquid

I dislike V because it shit on everything I liked about the franchise. Not going to deny that it's an enjoyable title, but even then it often swerves into repetitiveness and doesn't get close to older entries in terms of gameplay.

Overall, I had way more fun with Peace Walker, which is quite the achievement.

Yeah, it's doesn't feel like a MGS title at all

I hope death stranding goes back to that meta narrative that some MGS had. Its theme is based on one of the kobo abe's stories, right?

I'm also a bit worried that he's trying to go full hollywood with the cast again, and probably blowing up all the budget on that

>I hope death stranding goes back to that meta narrative that some MGS had
it's a multiplayer game with fucking open world, it's not going to be good, Kojima or no Kojima

The worst thing about V is its lack of an adjustable difficulty level. Shit is too easy after playing for 30 hours or so even with the reflex off. You can't tell me that it's less enjoyable than 4 though, which had about 5 hours of actual gameplay if you didn't just run right through it. 4 was even easier because of the Drebin shop and the two chapters that have almost no real enemies to fight.

Open world shouldn't kill good narrative if the story is linear and not all over the place

IIRC, there's "multiplayer elements" which doesn't really mean the game is full blown multiplayer

Persona 5 can be categorized as "semi-open world with multiplayer" yet the story is pretty concise and the multiplayer part is just some random shit like seeing what everyone did on a certain day or what they answered in class

Hopefully they'll keep both things to a minimum

Which is why it still holds up. Has the most non-retarded story. 2 is ok because it did something different but every game after that went a little retarded with the story (yes even your beloved mgs3).

Finished MGSV last week.
While very underwhelming as an ending the story actually makes some sense when you fit into the rest of the series.

Solid Snake "kills" Big Boss twice in his carrer.
Clearly Kojima was hinting that Solid Snake actually defeats Venom and Big Boss.
Not only that, but he retcons Zero to actually be some sort of good guy, where the whole grudge between him and BB was consequence of Skullface.

If you hear the tapes, Zero is poisoned by Skullface and he goes into some sort of dementia right BEFORE Big Boss wakes up, so he never has the chance to tell him what happened. Big Boss wakes up thinking Zero was the one who destroyed Mother Base and was behind all this. And Miller also fuels the hate for Zero.

Yes. You see, Snake, echo-locate is the ability for animals and to a limited degree, humans, to hear noises and to determine the location. Some blind people even click their mouths to hear the echo to study their environment.

We've replicated this as much as possible with the Sonic Eye, which can detect enemy soldiers while they are moving. Also, everyone is looking forward to that great inspection we have planned in a few months!

In a modern game a good narrative shouldn't ruin good gameplay either. Mgs4 would've done this even if it's story was good. There needs to be a balance. I think mgsV had a perfect cutscene/gameplay ratio, regardless of what you think of the content. That's the kind of balance I hope to see in DS, not an hour long cutscene about dead whales or some shit

no, MGSV plays nothing like an Ubi game

nah. V has some of the more complex skillsets in terms of what you can do

>retcons Zero to actually be some sort of good guy
Not really a good guy but it gave him character and motive which were lacking in MGS4 aside from "muh boss".

I think his portrayal in V was very grounded and realistic, he felt like the same charming brit from 3 but chained by his ideology.

It's all obviously just there to tie into the eventual plot MGS4 made a mess of but I think they did about as well as they could have with the truth tapes.

Other user here. You're wrong and is right.
Anyone who claims V have better gameplay than the rest never played the others. V is very simple in what it can do and it actually doesn't bring nothing new regarding skillsets. Sure it has a bunch of weapons, but they're all fall in the same categories. There's nothing very complex you can do in V. The only actual addition are the buddies and vehicles.
MGS4 has the best controls for snake. MGS2 probably has the best AI. And 3 is just a fun system overall.

I played them all on the essential collection back in the day my man. V is the first game where the controls aren't a clunky mess

And then you have a high degree of freedom simply not available in the other games, and FOBs which are hard as shit.

There's a pretty high skill ceiling for the game

>back in the day
>less than five years ago
My sides

I agree with all of you to a certain degrees. V's controls are pretty good, but then you have bullshit like running away from outposts to hide, supply drops, regenerating health and no camo index that makes the game feel casualized as hell.

8 actually, but I also had MGS2 when it came out for xbone

>then you have bullshit like running away from outposts to hide

How is this bad? Just because the game lets you bottom out doesn't mean you should

There is a camo index, it just isn't shown on the screen

>naked shower fight

I wish that was a cutscene.

Shame there will never be a Kaz spin off.

Camo index was fucking retarded. Having to constantly pause the game and change shit isn't good game design. Don't get me started on 4 either. The game just did it for you automatically.

Because the other games simply punished you for it an it affected your ranking. It was tense; you didn't get to just run away deep in enemy territory because it was designed that way.

Here you can just restart the mission because ranks are during missions. And that's dumb. It's not just encouraging players to play poorly, it's destroying the tension old MGS games had.

It should be. I thought they datamined it and it was pretty basic anyways?

>Here you can just restart the mission because ranks are during missions. And that's dumb.

You mean like how you could just re-load a save? It's virtually the same thing.

You get penalized for restarting, and if you want all or nothing you can always just do FOB

>It should be
no. How is that any less casual than just keeping it hidden?

Saves affected ranks and it still wasn't easy to get to the same place again.

No, you get penalized a very small amount for every continue or checkpoint load.

It's less casual because it should allow you to choose the best spots to have the highest camo index to hide, ya fucking dingus. Unless it's so casualized they system is just 'camo or no camo'.

Liquid > Solid (2) > Solid (1,4) = Naked > Venom

I fucking love that pic.

>Been a year since I 100%'ed TPP
>Decide to replay it, this time without reflex
>Still get bored after a mission or two

>without reflex

Without markers, I mean. Didn't user reflex the first time around.

i always play with my headphones on and running long distances makes my head spin because of sound of the wind, passing obstacles, snake breathing and of course the camera view shaking

i actually found a bug that allows me to cancel the sound of the wind by running for some time and then spinning your camera to face snake's face and it goes out

It's just very different, but it's possible to achieve a level of control of the older games that's pretty hard to even imagine when you're just starting out.

check this guy out if you didnt already know about him : youtube.com/watch?v=QzyajaDWsJY

the shit he does is retarded and you can tell he doesn't struggle with the controls at all.

MGS V's controls were excellent, more immersive I would say and less "video game-y" in a way, maybe more cinematic. But the old games had superb gameplay all the same.

>Needs a number to tell him how camoflauged he is

plen. And yes it's points like in 3 and 4, they just don't display it

>his eyesight was damaged by the Soviets shining a fucking bright light in his eyes for days on end, but he's not totally blind.
Take your headcanon and get out. He was injured during his encounter with the Skulls.

I would if the environments actually fucking varied beyond 'what color is the ground' and 'are you in grass'.

If there's points, I'd like to know it. Then again you can just headshot people across the map with OP buildable snipers so whatever.

I really liked Keifer, it felt off in GZ because it was so sudden but it helped ease me into the change in TPP.
I wonder if he has any comedic chops, TPP is mostly lacking of it except for the hamburger tapes.

I want Kief to come back for MGS6.

>Snaaaakkee, did I ever tell you about the time I fucked around with your body double dad by using the body of a fiery dead Russian colonel that used to shoot lighting out of his body? And after that, Liquid and I stole a giant bipedal weapons platform built by a burnt man with a Zoro mask so we could create a Lord of the Flies society and use a parasite that triggers once someone speaks the English language? Now those were good times.