youtube.com/watch?v=Wzh_kyMp55U
youtube.com/watch?v=ILQm85KBpsc
youtube.com/watch?v=wVOrxrm_9Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=qaB8xEik488
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Nier_Replicant
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Nier_Gestalt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

inb4 Western release gets pushed to late 2017

Also, wasn't Automata delayed to Feb 2017 because they were afraid it would get eaten up by FFXV in November 2016? I wonder what kind of stuff they added/polished in the game.

>inb4 Western release gets pushed to late 2017
The usual gap between the two releases in nipland and in the west is around 6 months right? So i guess we have to wait until August next year. Damn.

The western release of Nier 1 was only a few days after the Nip release I'm sure it will be fine.

Right?

It's gonna get fucking pushed. At least I hope we get the demo on both platforms to sate the filthy gaijins.

>At least I hope we get the demo on both platforms to sate the filthy gaijins.
The demo is going to make me beg for more like a faggot, fuck Taro.

What makes anyone think the western release date isn't Feb 23, 2017?

Because the date was only announced in Japanese at TGS? I'm sure they'll reveal it at PGW.

I recall that, in an interview, they addressed Automata being "delayed." I believe it was Saito that said the media sort of decided on a 2016 Q4 release date on its own, and that they had not said anything officially. According the team, they were very on-track with everything. But sure, it makes sense they wouldn't want the game to be completed overshadowed by FFXV.

Saito and the boys have stated that they have been aiming for a world-wide release, and that they would include Japanese voicework in the international version; dunno if they will include English for the Jap version, but it would make sense if they really are targeting a world-wide release. I want to be optimistic and think that the only reason "TBD" appears on the Squeenix site is because SE America is deciding on the pre-order bonuses and special editions of the game (Black Box in the States would make me diamonds).

I am guessing these things will become more clear near the year's end. I am guessing around December they'll push out more info, perhaps another trailer, and the demo. I am thinking Jump Festa for all this.

Oh right, I forgot about PGW. Automata was showcased last year there too. Hopefully we get something.

Also, is Taro the only one writing for this game? Apparently the first NieR had Sawako Natori and Kikuchi Hana writing. Curious about the writing in Automata if Taro is the one writing.

>inb4 Western release gets pushed to late 2017

No

They haven't announced any secondary writing crew besides Taro though I'm sure there are some.

Taro's a fine writer though. Not just in terms of scenario crafting but that he writes mangas and stage plays too, he knows how to pen dialogue and whatnot

The Squeenix site says "TBD" for the release date but the west and east sites for Nier Automata are so different (and the former is so low on info) I have half a mind to believe they just aren't bothering to update it yet (and translate all of the new release details) until we get another English trailer

Nier Automata's first trailer ever was at Paris Games Week last year (unless you count the "New Nier Project" teaser from earlier that year), I'm sure we'll get another this year.

>I'm sure they'll reveal it at PGW.
Nice, so at least we're going to get more infos in one month.

Could be. And as another user pointed out, we still have Paris Games Week. If they are going to release an English trailer, I think there would be the best place to do it. Unless there is some other conference I am not aware of before Jump Festa.

Well, "more info" may be a bit much.

My suspicion is we'll get, essentially, an english-language version of the TGS content; character trailer, details about the demo, and another 15 minutes of Takahisa Taura confirming that, yes, it sure is gonna be fun to kill stuff this time around.

I'm HOPING for a better look at customization (melee weapon class variety, can you swap out the Pod's gun, what sort of armor/equipment builds are available)... You know, the "RPG elements" look they promised at TGS but didn't deliver because they're punk motherfuckers who wanted to show off the arcade-style time attack instead

Yeah, that was weird. All we really learned was that when Pascal replaces 9S, 2B essentially fights on her own due to Pascal's pacifism.

Yes, the TGS trailers with English voice-acting and info would be nice, even if they have essentially been translated. I just wanna hear the cast to decide if I should give them a chance.

I wish Rekka would have translated the Famitsu scans were 9S has the golden katana, but I guess it's too late now.

>"RPG elements" look they promised at TGS
Wait, they were supposed to show those instead of the time attack? I mean, I'm not complaining because the time attack showed more combat and the fact that the original soundtrack will get remixes.

I'd really like to see customisation if it exists, though. As for the melee weapons, we're only getting the katanas, greatsword, and fists right?

>mfw dmg numbers

There's a big chance that you'll be able to turn it off.

Let me correct that

>dmg numbers
>highscore, score, bonus multiplier

Threw up in my mouth.

>ywn get a headpat from toobie
Toobie so cute it hurts.

>highscore, score, bonus multiplier
That was the time attack mode, though. As for the damage numbers, we'll see.

>tfw this picture strokes both my gay and straight urges to the maximum

Confusing

Those doujins can't come by any faster.

But seriously, 2B looks majestic here. That longing look in her face is fantastic.

2B better be gay for A2. 9S can go fuck himself.

>9S can go fuck himself

I'd watch thatbut fuck you you tasteless yurifag

>yuri
>implying they dont have huge floppy dicks

He's an ok writer Drakengard 3 was a mess on all levels

>excluding 9s when the ladies have dicks

Tasteless faggot.

i'm not excluding anyone

then you are another user

>Drakengard 3 was a mess on all levels
FUCK. R.I.P. Automata I guess.

No. /ss/ between two androids is the purest form of love.

>mfw DoD3 will never happen again

>Toobie so cute it hurts.
never had a game character perk my loins harder than she does

Still no sign of clothing damage, I'll not forgive you Taro for planting that seed and never delivering.

Why would you want to have lewd thoughts of Toobie you sick fuck.

I'm worried about this game. Will Taro be able to evoke an emotional response this time around? With only him writing the game, I have my doubts. Thoughts?

How would I not?
You sound defective user.

inb4 this scene in the trailer is probably one of the endings

She probably dies in this. That said, I bet 9S will survive after everything. He seems like the type.

Meh, if that was actually that we'd have already seen it happen in the gameplay vids.
I find it more likely that just happened in a cutscene.

>a mess on all levels

Dunno from where you're coming from but as a lover of the first Drakengard and Nier it tickled just the right places to love it as well, even if the combat dialogue was super cheesy and awkward.

>I bet 9S will survive after everything. He seems like the type.

Really?
I'm afraid he'll die not halfway into the game, or worse turn against us or something.
Especially since he was already replaced by Pascal there.
I hope he is not getting relegated to a Yonah-tier role becuase honestly for being the cause of the double-genocide we commit, I couldn't give a shit about her at all, ever.

How would you compare DoD3's writing to Nier's?

>I couldn't give a shit about her at all, ever
That's fair. I feel like I didn't really care for Yonah as much as I was supposed to as well. Maybe I needed to experience more interaction from her. For the first half of the game, you basically run around and leave her in the house. Some sidequests were focused around her though. I don't know, I feel like they could have improved on the whole father and daughter thing more.

Still, I managed to tear up on all the endings for some reason. Could you elaborate on why you didn't care for her?

>Wait, they were supposed to show those instead of the time attack?
At Gamescom they said they were preparing something for TGS that would show "more of the RPG elements in the game". Maybe they just meant the story/characters, I was hoping for the gameplay stuff

Customization is confirmed (at or around E3 2016 I think?) there are accessories and equipment of some kind, we've seen the Pod upgrade screen, etc.

So far we've seen just shortsword, greatsword and fists (as classes, we've seen that each "type" has multiple weapons), but I expect 4 or 5. Shit, even Transformers Devastation had 5 melee weapon classes, and that game had a budget of like $7.50

If nothing else I expect polearms/staffs to make a return from the original Nier, they're somewhat iconic weapons since they're the first kind you ever use in the game

>Pod upgrades
That's new to me, nice. Though the pod's rate of fire seems really fast, making shooting down the enemy bullets too easy. The E3 boss fight showed this. Sure the darker bullets can't be shot, but it completely trivalizes the normal ones.

>but I expect 4 or 5
Hopefully we do get more, weapon switching looks really easy and unobtrusive.

I cried bitch tears all over the place, just not over Yonah.
As you say she was very removed and distant through the entire game, especially once kidnapped.

She was left pretty damn one-dimensional all the way through, only shadow-yonah did anything more than you'd expect from her - letting go in the end.

Basically what I felt for the rest of the cast overshadowed her by miles.
I mean all in all, she had a pretty okay life in comparison to the rest, even if she was sick and in bed for most of it.

>How would you compare DoD3's writing to Nier's?

Worse, by a mile. I think I will always think of Nier as the superior game in the series, even if Automata turns out amazing. I think they both deal in writing really well with all the taboo stuff, where as in Nier it's much more in the background and you have to dig it up, in DoD3 it's given to you straight up through the dialogue but it comes out much more radically. I think this might be either because Taro wanted the fans of the games to be pleased, or then he just got too hype of the popularity in Japan and went all out, since the taboo writing in the first Drakengard was much more chilled out, but more visible than in Nier. Nier dealt more with emotions and general character progression really, really well.

As for the Yonah part, I feel like it's that you should get into the father part of the relationship pretty heavily to understand the grief. Which I think most people don't, since shit it's a video game still.

oh shit, you got a source on that crop?

>you will never

Boku no google faggot.

it gives nothing

You have to live without knowing the source, user. It's from a futa h-manga.

but you've just given me the keys to the kingdom my dude

>posting worst girls along with shit opinions
Stupid Nier poster.

>She was left pretty damn one-dimensional all the way through
Totally agree, Shade Yonah got me though. Let's hope the characters and story are good in Automata, because gameplay I'm not worried about. Also I think part of the reason I got emotional was because of the music. I pray Keiichi Okabe still has it.

I see. Thanks for explaining. Recently I've been trying to kill my hype for Automata, but I really hope it'll hit most things right.

>worst girls

dunno dude there's not much competition among this field, at least with the girls that have any relevance to the story outside of being a boss of their respected level

This outfit should get a prize.

Furiae is useless
Grown up Manah doesn't exist
Kaine is a plot device.
Angelus is best girl.
Fight me faggot, I'll fucking wreck you.

I don't give a shit about your waifu wars and uncovered asses. Post murder.

it's always the dragon dildoes FUCK I forgot

exhentai.org/g/979220/a08fd818f7/

This is probably the most beatiful fanart I've seen. The most painful for my soul too.

I don't entirely like the change of tone in DoD3, mostly for the things you mentioned, but I can appreciate the attempt.

Taro always likes to toy with the idea of making a game that looks generic on the surface, but fucked up on the inside, and it's like he tried to put that idea in practice here to a whole new level.

If you look at the story up until Ending A, the story is pretty much empty. Zero wants to kill her sisters for... power?? It's not explained and you don't even understand what the deal with the flower, with Michael/Mikhail or anything really, you just kill everything because apparently you play as the villain in this game. If you never finish the extra endings, the game has barely any story outside some character "development".

I always felt like Taro did this on purpose, he wanted to trick the player into thinking the entire game had a pretty barebones story (most journalists feel into that trap too, I wonder why), but at the same time, rewarding those that stick long enough to see everything. And it's well fucking worth it.

Then again, I do believe DoD3 is probably the weakest story of the three games, but that doesn't make it bad at all. I consider it a very interesting experiment with some very great ideas, but that overall doesn't have the narrative and thematic consistency of Nier.

I dont know if thats a heart collapsing or a giant turd

also yeah, with the futa info I found it really quick

Apparently, the whole "play through the game multiple times to get different endings and add plot" thing Taro likes to do will not be in Automata. It'll be a different mechanic that he's trying out, and I'm really curious as to how he approached Automata.

I feel like it will have something to do with the different playable characters. Maybe you get different perspectives of the story with each one. Sounds a bit simple, but it fits with the themes of Nier. Really interested in what he'll do for the last ending too. It's always the part where it gets crazier.

That would be neat. Though Taro's given Automata a "happy ending".

Isn't her ass...too big?

Yeah, I agree with you completely on the sticking with the game part. As awful as the gameplay usually is, it's crazy how rewarding it is to play the multiple endings.

I like that idea of multiple points of view on Automata with different characters giving different views on the story to serve as alternate endings. That would be hella fucking cool.

Oh, my, God Becky, look at her butt
It is so big, she looks like
One of those rap guys' girlfriends.

Fucking Emil's going to have some 2B action. Doesn't he have multiple arms now or something?

>Though the pod's rate of fire seems really fast, making shooting down the enemy bullets too easy. The E3 boss fight showed this. Sure the darker bullets can't be shot, but it completely trivalizes the normal ones.

If you can aim, sure. Remember, the aim-assist lock on function aims center-mass on the nearest enemy. That means shooting down shots (or hitting weak points) will require manual aiming... Which is in and of itself something worthwhile in a game like this.

I also feel the Pod's gun is too fast for something with no ammo/overhead/reload functionality; it fires like a shmup gun, though, which I guess I get. I just hope for more in the way of "alt fire" upgrades; we see the laser beam effect with like a 20 second cooldown, but if you can max those sorts of upgrades out and load them out to your alt weapon sets (or better yet, replace the pewpew gun entirely with them) then you could feasibly carry 3-4 actually useful guns with limited use that demand skill.

I'd definitely like to see that, but for all I know Pod upgrades just buff damage and such.

And if the concern is trivializing the shmup sections, the fact that you can jump over the entire wave of shots during the overhead part of the Opera boss is basically the final nail in that coffin.

Though we never see 2B jump during the overhead portions of the time attack so maybe that's fixed.

>weeeeeeeeeebs
>high heels are f-fine b-because she's android and can c-calculate her s-steps t-true s-story m-man (please don't beat me again!!)

THIS is what people would wear while doing war.

Not high heels for permavirgins fapbait.

who cares it's a video game fuck

why would a robot wear shoes at all

fanservice

So I could cum in it and make her wear it.

I know this is bait, but it's literally why western games are so often shit

>it's not REALISTIC!
It's a goddamn videogame.

Specifically, in this case, a videogame about a blindfolded android little girl who can swing a sword three times her size around like a boomerang and then magically teleport it back to her.

Who gives a fuck about the impracticality of her outfit.

Rule of Cool, faggot. The more awesome something is, the less sense it is required to make.

>It's a goddamn videogame.
Because it's video game it's not supposed to be illogical and retarded sack of shit for 12 years old mouthbreathing retards who cannot say what's right and wrong, got it, kid?

Yeah, we'd have to wait and see with the pods once more info is out. They kept highlighting the emphasis on more shmup elements, so hopefully we get some good balance.

Speaking of balance, has there been any word about difficulty options? I remember in an interview from last year that they were still debating about it.

>magic and fire breathing dragons are ok, but i draw the line at women wearing high heels

How fucking much do you need for that, jesus christ.

oh ok

Well in the space war he had way more than that, also replicated himself a bunch.
Last seen in the trailer though, hes back to a single head, and if he has amnesia and shit he might spend the entire game building a body again.

Google suspension of disbelief, and now fuck off back to whatever bone-dry boring piece of shit military shooter you came from.

>space war
From Grimoire Nier, right? I forgot about that. Something about him fighting aliens.

>he's back to a single head
His eyes look too far apart than usual. Is it just me?

Yeah, from the grim.
And yeah now that you say it, but I guess this can be chalked up to different style and art director.

I mean look at Devola and Popola, completely reimagined even though they were a series of androids.

9S needs more love

A2 is already heartbroken by her last love interest being remotely detonated in front of her.

I'd not count on her being interested in anyone else.

As long as the ass is muscular, it's okay. No obese robots allowed here or anywhere.

It's very likely that these small "inconsistencies" in the gameplay we see are there simply for testing purposes. It's also very common to intentionally unbalance the game when you're trying to show it to people so that they can see as much gameplay as possible without having to worry about dying or having to wait for cooldowns/mana regen, etc.

>the fact that you can jump over the entire wave of shots
That could be a problem if the projectiles were always close to the ground, but we've also seen it go in different directions so I don't think there's a problem there. In fact it could be an interesting design choice if some bosses were constantly shooting at ground level to make the player fight in the air.

So far I think the only thing they've mentioned is the Auto-mode.

>people replying to weak bait

C'mon son.

Yes

Before > After

I know it seems like an extremely obvious conclusion but we still don't know for sure she's the protag of the stage play.

Nier:Automata Devola and Popola are completely different though. They're old model YoRHa androids, not observer androids.

Where do you get that?
Why would they be?

>heartbroken
You mean batshit insane, right?
Red lolis orchestrated the whole thing, 2A is going to kill the Commander in at least one ending.

user that's not right at all.

How can she even see?

Wouldn't she just trip over shit and run into walls?

I'm fully expecting her to turn on you in every ending and for one of the dovergence points to be whether you stop her from killing the Commander or not.

I just can't imagine a scenario where she doesn't try to get revenge, unless she dies early in that particular branch/route.

It's a visor, not a blindfold.

It's not a normal blindfold, it's some sort of combat visor.

>Old-style android at the resistance camp who feel indebted to their model of machines that ran wild long ago. They’ll act as support to 2B and 9S.

They're with the Resistance, which are old YoRHas, so they belong to the same family of androids. It's from the official site.

Its a visor user.
I'm really surprised how many times this shit is being asked, do you people have zero experience reading/watchinmg fantasy or scifi?

>When one of the best games you ever played cost you $15

I think you are grossly misunderstanding that.

They are old style as in devolapopla observer android old, and "their model of machines" running wild seems to very clearly refer to the Devola and Popola we know, who ran wild with their actions killed off most of humanity, with a lot of help from two niers.

They are even named the same, in a non-yorha manner too.

1) There's nothing to say the Resistance is entirely composed of Yorah models.

2) Old-style is more likely to refer to the fact they're Observer models. They'd have specifically been referred to as old Yorha's otherwise, and wouldn't be literally named Popola and Devola.

>A pair of old android models residing at the Resistance camp.
They are aware that two identical models went haywire in the distant past, and they’ve always considered themselves responsible somehow. They are unique androids in that they are capable of consuming alcohol.

This implies that they're from the same family of androids as Devola and Popola.

>when you've bought all your favorite games late to the party dirt cheap

Feels good man, especially when you put a lot of hours into them as well. Games like STALKER you might put hundreds of hour into and only pay 5 bucks in Steam sales for.

Daily reminder that Devola having the hots for NieR is canon and she tried to fuck him while drunk one time.

Where was that?
I only remember the Nier being into Popola and sending her love letters thing.

Devola had the hots for Kaine too.

Why is she spreading her legs so far?

>in a non-yorha manner too.
You mean like Lily, Kalmia, Daisy, Anemone, Rose and a fuckload of other androids from the stage play who were based on the same prototype (Seed) and were basically old YoRHa models? The Squadron in the play were NEW YoRHa models, the ones in the resistance are OLD ones.
Besides, both Devola and Popola died. These are not the same androids. That means that Devola and Popola are just earlier YoRHa models.

sauce?

Cooling.

There were other observer androids you know.

Devola Popola is the observer android names user.
The ones we knew were Observer android 21 and 22.

Your theory just doesnt make any sense, why would they make a new pair of Devolapopola 10k years later?

>That weapons factory
>Remember the hours spent farming for materials, only to have all of it wiped away in Ending D

triggered.jpg

Or it means that the Observer androids were all Devola/Popola pairs and these two are another set. Nobody is suggesting they're the same ones.

And that seems far more likely than humanity randomly creating a pair of damn near identical alcohol-drinking androids with the same fucking name several millenia later.

Not my fault that she's clearly wearing a blindfold

Its your fault for not being able to think deeper than surface level.

Its like finding a closed door and complaining about it instead of trying to open it.

>VERY fast robot moving at incredible hihg speed

I regret doing that with all of his games, so to compensate and support Yoko-chan, I'll buy this one on launch, full price. Something I haven't done in at least 6 years.

Hey, it's not that big of a deal. It's normal that the first thing a lot of people would think is why the fuck is she wearing a blindfold. It never bothered me, even before they explained it was a visor, but it's normal if it does to someone, just like the floating weapons.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc3yji0G84

What's funny is that Rising did the same with Raiden's eyepatch actually allowing him to see 360° around him.

Same with MGS5 except that's a whole another story.

In that case, Devola and Popola would also have flower themed names.

Same, if we had some CE for PC I'd go for that too, and I never ever bought a CE.
Hell if theres nifty enough stuff on a PS4 CE I might buy that too.

Its normal to question "why does she wear a blindfold", its not normal to answer yourself "she must be blind why isn't she falling all over the place what the fuck"
I mean seriously who the fuck cannot come up with a SINGLE "maybe" in their minds?
Like, maybe its a visor? Since they are androids...
I don't understand that kind of abortive thought process.

Exactly, MGS is chock full of examples of people covering an eye to see more, but theres a ton of other examples too.

The Steam release will be lucky if it comes with the soundtrack, although that would certainly be worth it.

If we can get the Black Box for the west, that's seriously the best collector's edition I could ask for. With an art book, novel, soundtrack, and 2B Figure, I can't imagine what else I would even want.

I really want 9S' choker

They'll probably do a standard version and one of those pointless "digital deluxe" versions with an artbook pdf or something.

I wish Platinum made more of these Automata devblogs.

She wants a dick inside her really bad.

Didn't someone have webms from this time attack mode? Someone post 'em.

it's called being different games, taro never does the same shit twice

Wew lad

If I was younger/cuter and had the gay-balls to do it I'd even wear it outside.

At least he knows what's important in the game.

Which is why I'm looking forward to Automata and how he'll possibly try to do something unexpected and different.

That is, if he's still got it. DoD fans seem to be quite divisive with DoD3 it seems?

DoD3 is fine. A lot of people just didn't like how anime it was, and Taro's approach to Comedy is pretty jarring coming from Nier's Tragedy.

>2B
>Too Big

Oh I see. I guess basically a lot of Nier fans were expecting Nier and didn't quite get it?

I'm sure that's one part of it. People who start with Nier usually aren't prepared for how Drakengard deals with things, after all.

I went into DoD3 expecting it to be more like DoD1, and it was honestly a bit of a let down since there were no musou elements and the flying segments were too small and clunky, but the game shined for me with the characters and story, as is usually the case.

I'm not even sure I get the luxury of being too fussy considering the fact that it's a fucking miracle he even got to make sequels to both Drakendgard and Nier in the first place, but the change of tone wasn't necessarily for the best, even if I can appreciate it for trying something very different. Gameplay is still the best though.

It's possible, although DoD3 still has its fair share of soul-shattering moments, specially the last ending. All his games are very different so we shouldn't expect something identical to the first Nier with Automata either.

Do it user, be brave, chokers are literally sex.

>chokers are literally sex

I agree entirely, I will probably make the thing if I cant buy it.
But the only non-female I know who wears a choker is my tranny colleague.

>If I was younger/cuter and had the gay-balls to do it I'd even wear it outside.
>I really want 9S' choker

Cute boys are absolutely vidya related in Taro gamees though.

Imagine all the ffm /ss/ SFM porn this will bring.

>Cute boys are absolutely vidya related in Taro gamees though.

Not yet!

150 days to git gud at SFM
I hope we gets ome DLC for remade Kainé/Nier/Boy Emil/etc models
I guess Nier is unlikely with the duality but maybe the rest...

I have Kainé's ripped model on my hdd for a year now...

>I have Kainé's ripped model
Please cut her dick off.

>there will be casual mode for console gamers

lmao

Why would you want that?

If anything I'd make it more visible and defined user.
But I'll probably just make it flop out under the nighty if I ever get there.

>I have Kainé's ripped model on my hdd for a year now...

Okay, now you have to share it. I've been looking for it for a while now. I'm actually pretty decent at 3D animating and I can do some mocap too, but I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to make good SFM, but maybe I'll give it a try.
Still, good animation is not something you can learn in a couple of months, it takes years before you start doing decent animations, specially if they're meant to be sexually appealing. Rigging and skinning it properly is also hard to learn, but I'm pretty good at that already.

VIDEOGAMES

I wonder if 9S will have the same combat animations as 2B.

I'll start looking for it but it may take a while, if I can even find it, I hoard a lot of shit and it was a year ago. You may have a better chance googling.

Its not rigged, so theres a lot of work for it.

In the opera fight he uses different animations, he just didn't seem to have a lot of moves.

It looks like he doesn't even hold his weapons, just telegraphs the attacks like 2B does to very big ones.

I hope not. But I already really like 2B's animations, so I say so far variety's sake.

He doesn't, in fact I think he even swinged his sword without touching it with magnets or some shit, so it's likely they will play very differently. Their Pods are different too apparently.

Thanks. I actually googled it not too long ago and most of what I found were dead links, but maybe I was just unlucky in my search.

Most definitely

can't wait to kill that little shit

>you = penis shaped emilbot
>2B = what you want

Speaking of 9S, I hope they tweak the companion s. I mean, did anybody who played NieR ever use the orders for Kaine or Emil? I don't even know what those commands do.

T-there were order buttons in NieR?

I'd hope, but they seem to be doing about as well as they did with me in the original, IE doing random amusing things while I do everything.

>skirt clipping into the leg
come on guys.

Is toobie a cunt like zero?

Nah she's pure and innocent.

Yeah, just like how you can command animals to come to you. At least that was useful when you wanted to farm some hides or meat.

>nopan
>that bush

user I just fapped, why you do this to me ?

I think there were a few simple orders like wait, follow at a distance, typical stuff like that. They just weren't useful in any situation. Why would you ever need your companions to do anything else that follow you and maybe sometimes attack.

Toobie is caring and affectionate, specially towards 9/ss/.
I hope.

Fuck you Zero is a treasure

The one time it was useful was having them wait when trying to get certain drops, since the increased drop rates on your weapons would only apply if the enemy was killed with that weapon.

>Fuck you Zero is a treasure
Zero is a fucking cunt, no one liked her.

Glad she's dead for good. Fuckign cunt bitch.

The truth is Zero was a horrible person but one of the best video game protagonists ever. I can't bring myself to finish Ending D because I don't want to live in a world where she's gone.

>the one time companion orders were useful was when you weren't using your companions

Take that back

Go home Dito, Cent was hotter than you anyway.

She was a bit of a cunt at first, but I still liked her and I felt horrible for her in the extra endings, particularly D, that just was and overload of feelings.

youtube.com/watch?v=ph4f06Q5ItE

Although One is still better of course.

>Although One is still better of course.

BIG
SMART
BRAIN

>Not posting the full version

My soul mate

>too big
>2 big
>2 b
What do you think her name stands for?

This

I wish they don't add the slit on the right side of her skirt because the ZR would be glorious. 2B a 10/10.

But user, without the slit theres no ZR at all, her boots go very nearly up to her ass and the skirt falls over it, so you'd only see skin in upskirt shots like the one you replied to.

I'm not entirely sure the slit even classifies and ZR, but it sure is fucking nice to see all that meat.

I already claimed Toobie as my waifu.

Back off virgins.

Bruh do you guys ever like...get out and meet real girls?

Sorry, user. Toobie is only for A2.

No, because they never have ZR OR have a slit on their skirt which they also never wear.

Do you think it'll have a rhythm section?

>We will kill them in such a heart breaking way people will suffer for years yay!

nope

I hope they will make some cool steam backgrounds because I'd definitely buy it.

Platinum is not a hack developer and they don't need to resort to a gimmick segment as the finale of the game

I dunno, judging from the opera boss, I still think we'll have the final boss of one of the branches have SOME kind of grand musical thing. I dont think it'll be as ballbustingly difficult as DoD1 or 3, but I think we'll get something.

another drakengard may have one, like 3 did, like 1 did.

i wonder if the ending where zero-flavored giant falls to ashes means white chlorination syndrome in the area.

Nah, it would lack the impact of doing it yet again. It was great in DoD3 because it was like "no fucking way the absolute madman did it again, and even harder". It needs to be something different, preferably 4th wall-breaking like Nier.

Boar drifting is back, fuckers. Apparently, there may or may not be multiple mounts too.

>buying a game from a guy who lied to you by saying its only on PS4.
>buying an SE game at all
Have some dignity anons. Just pirate it on PC.

>pirate on PC
Their games were never big sellers, I'd feel bad.

>buying an SE game at all
I live under a rock, tell me why they're shit.

>saying its only on PS4.
When did that happen?

>Their games were never big sellers, I'd feel bad.
But its not going to be the case this time.

The fact that it's from Platinum certainly gives the game some more attention, but we'll see. It'll probably do fine in Japan, though.

Can a battle android truly fall in love with a human?

People grew up playing SE games. The same people become gigantic faggots and resent SE because they are gigantic faggots

It's PS4 exclusive in Japan so technically they didn't lie. Even though they will supposedly put up a JPN steam release no one will buy it there.

nice try at falseflagging. we all know only jealous console fags pirate pc games to pin it on pc fags and try affecting pc's game lineup, so that they don't have to share their precious.

it may have worked in the past without a central database of sales like steam. today the numbers say another tale, which is why pc ports are becoming common. the gaming industry jews smelled another money source.

Which of these games are worth playing?

Never played Nier, DoD3, or whatever these other games are called. Which should I start with?

Can I play on PC?

>so technically they didn't lie
Especially since they never said it was PS4 exclusive.

non, watch them on youtube

Play Drakengard 1 on ps2 or emulate it. Then play nier on xbox. If you still need to get your fix, and Drakengard was some fire shit, jump onto Drakengard 3.

Drakengard 2 if you're a masochistic and you really need more of best couple.

>the gaming industry jews smelled another money source
Yeah, the PC is starved for quality Japanese games and shit, not gonna deny that.

I wonder if SE is gonna have ridiculous pre-order incentives for Automata.

inb4 free NieR remastered at 60fps

>none, watch them on youtube
Hi Taro.

No one gives a fuck about the original Nier, they aren't going to bother remastering it ESPECIALLY since it's on Playstation Now in Japan.

They'd also have to remake both versions and they won't make their investment back.

Taro also said he would not want to do remasters or remakes because he wants to do new things, and people would hate him because he would change Nier if given the opportunity.

Just watch it on youtube because the gameplay sucks anyway. If you want to play a good Taro game play DoD3

pretty cute for a boy

>people telling you to watch Nier on youtube

How to spot the people with worthless opinions.

>If you want to play a good Taro game play DoD3
DoD3 had better combat for a Taro game but it was still not good. Especially with the framerate issues.

>If you want to play a good Taro game play DoD3
Stop that , DOD3 is the worst Taro game by far.

Nier Automata

Or people with better things to do with their time than play broken games. Everything special about Nier can be experienced through a letsplay without the brain numbing combat.

No, enjoy your shallow ass passive experience and delusional fucking mind.
Taro especially explains how his games work and they don't fucking work when you just watch 4 hours of cutscenes.

Why are you even here, I'm only expecting platinumfags to stick around once they can play.

You really need to stop pushing this stupid meme. Nier's combat is mediocre. Not anything to write home about, but certainly not bad. It's middle of the road okay.

>just watch 4 hours of cutscenes.
Who said anything about only watching cutscenes?

>Taro especially explains how his games work and they don't fucking work when you just watch 4 hours of cutscenes.

And yet he explicitly told people to just watch it during the TGS stageshow.

It's the most "okay" combat ever. I did enjoy how boss fights tried to be fun with how mediocre the combat is.

Also, I think I only really used Dark Hand, Wall, and Lance.

>Implying combat is the only thing in the game
It's not like the game is just fighting standard enemies from start to finish.

I doubt you watched a silent 50 hour playthrough, and even if you did I know it is not the same as playing the game.

Where?
And also I don't care, Taro is technically forced to push this game onto the mainstream - which is retards who dont want to play vidya just buy it and talk about it like they did, he also said you should not look forward to it - well fuck him I will.

The only skills I ever bound were hand, lance, dodge, and block. Everything else is pales in comparison.

The thing that drives the game forward isn't the gameplay, but the gameplay itself works. It's far from shit.

>Where?

At the TGS stage show last week. I just told you. Pay attention.

Notice how the thread was civil, and suddenly all the shitposting, console-wars false-flagging and obvious bait come all together. Almost none of these posts have new IPs, it's just the same person that has nothing better to do and idiots that fall for the bait. Just ignore him.

He said something about Nier's story not being important for Automata and you could just watch it on youtube or something. Obviously, anybody that is interested in his games knows that he likes self-deprecating humor, but idiots take it literally.

These people oughta be AERIED

>Nier Automata has 1/3rd of Scalebound's budget
>looks a million times more polished and entertaining

Kamiya was a meme

>The thing that drives the game forward isn't the gameplay
I don't know, I kept playing the game partially because I wanted to see what new gameplay twists there might be, fighting normal enemies wasn't very exciting but sometimes they did interesting things with the game itself, not just the story.

I was honestly surprised by how good Nier looked compared to Scalebound's during E3.

Man I have 0 invsetment into that game but I was still shocked by how fucking terrible that all looks.
Like there wasnt a singlular good thing about it, nothing.

In terms of things like genre shifts and stuff, yeah that kept it fresh. Above all else, though, the story is the selling point.

I heard Scalebound has started looking more promising since?
Automata is still blatantly going to be the better game though.

>tfw i did watch a 20+ hour silent playthrough of nier.

if it came out on pc i would, but until ps3 is emulated correctly i probably won't. i don't really need anymore expensive paper weights, ps2, ds and psp are already enough.

And Scalebound's probably going to sell more. NieR isn't even on most people's radars I don't think.

Besides, we need to see more of the game. We had that boss fight and that fight in the plains. It might be surprisingly good.

When I think "Kamiya game" I think crazy fun combat. What did that E3 trailer show me? A dude firing some pew pew arrows and melee combat straight out of an MMO accompanied by screamo. It had none of the charm I'd expect.

I'd blame Microsoft. There's practically none of Kamiya's trademarks in that game, everything they've showed is a mess. Fucking Okami looks more entertaining and it's probably the game he's done with the weaker combat.

I'm still hopeful though. If someone can safe this trainwreck it's Invincible Kamiya.

Playing Nier was like tumbling between several mediocre things but the summed experience easily lulled me into some kind of state that just enjoyed it all.
Combat was simple, but I fucking loved all the spells, I wish we could have those back in the fast style of platinum combat.
Graphics were shit but the entire washed out look with the amazing music was just relaxing as fuck.

I'm a cynical nitpicking fuck who starts off every new game with whining, Nier never WOWed me with anything but the story, but it also never made me want to stop like how 90% of new games do with some retarded enemies, retarded grind, absolutely boring ass segments and so on that just makes me not want to start it up again.

Aren't you a bit too gay?

If you ask me a CFWd PS3 slim is an extremely cheap investment into quite a few fun games, especially if you don't plan on having a PS4 like me. (or to be honest, my PS4 will be like my PS3, bought in the last year of its cycle, hacked)

>Nier never WOWed me with anything but the story
If the music didn't catch you immediately you're full of shit.

You are right, I retract that part.
Its hard to think of it as being new to me when you listened to it for 5 years, but then it feels like it was just yesterday I played the game the first time.

>Scalebound is Kamiya's dream game of telling the story of a boy and his dragon

can you imagine if Drag on Dragoon 4 and Nier Automata were being made by side by side.

If nothing else, just give me a fantastic OST. Keiichi Okabe please.

I'm completely confident that this game will be the best playing Taro game we've ever had, and that the music will be up to par if not better than DoD3. I think the only way the music might be at all lacking is that they don't seem to be going for the same aged language thing they did with Emi Evans for the original.

They doing both.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wzh_kyMp55U

Aren't they?
Isn't the Emi Evans version theme song the same ?

Also in the new gameplay they seemed to have remixes of old songs playing - which is actually kind of a bummer, I really don't like remixes.

Huh, I didn't notice the similarities until now. I wonder if Kamiya played DoD3 for reference, like he played DMC4 before developing Bayo. Would explain the shitty framerates shown in the gameplays.

It's very funny but sad at the same time to see him RTing a lot of Yoko Taro and Automata-related tweets but he practically never does it with Scalebound. Like he's more interested in Nier than his own game.

I doubt they will be using remixes, I think that was more like placeholder OST.

I wasn't sure if they got her back to do everything, or just a few songs.

I think the remixes are only going to be for the more arcadey things like that timed high score game. Think like Nier's DLC that's just fighting waves of enemies.

Nigga if I get my Song of the Ancients somehow, I'm happy. Apparently the Japanese fans (and international fans I assume) asked them for it.

I think it's fine for the time attack stuff.

The problem I have with that thinking is that I'd like to say that about a TON of fucking things they've shown, "placeholder".

And somehow barely half a year before release I just don't believe so many things can be that.

I believe they're using 3 singers for OST.

>Female
droped

>3 singers
So we have Emi Evans, J'nique Nicole, and the asian lady whose name escapes me.

youtube.com/watch?v=ILQm85KBpsc

This is her. Is she the one who sang in Blu-Bird? Her almost tribal vocals sound great.

I really hope we get more of her. Her range is fucking amazing, and I absolutely love that style of chanting.

MINNA SAMA
KONICHIWA
youtube.com/watch?v=wVOrxrm_9Fk
I want this in-game

I wouldn't assume it with this game desu. They already released info it would be coming to steam in early 2017.

Is this from the stage play? Does Yoko Taro write these? They seem to give out a lot of info/backstory. Are those spoilers or something?

>Japan version sold poor
>Western release canceled
Cred Forums gonna suicide

Yes and yes. It's set before Automata so no spoilers.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it will be best selling Taro game.

>he will die a tragic death
Who could have predicted it

Stop making me want to spend money on that Toobie figure, Cred Forums. I'm already a wageslave and i couldn't afford to spend more than what i need

I'd cry like a bitch (joyful tears) if this game had Jap Dub and an actually good translation

You're probably right user. However, there haven't been really any good games that have come out recently. Bloodborne is the crowning jewel of the ps4. Microshit hasn't come out with anything good. If Nier really scores high and it's well received, it could sell really well just not in the beginning

>literally every DoD game sold like ass
>"but dude they'll totally axe the localization this time now that it's the first high profile release they've ever had"

Better clear up around 300 bucks for that collector's edition!

Have you seen the trailers? In one of them 9S is telling 2B his last words. He fights someone in his mecha and gets his ass kicked.

It's not MS. Believe me, they didn't hire Platinum, of all people, to not make a Platinum game.

Kamiya is trying to do something more than what he's done before. I don't think it's working so well, or at any rate it looks unappealing to me, but the disconnect is between "what Kamiya is known for" and "what Kamiya wants to do / prove to himself he is capable of doing"

What are they playing?

I recall one of the interviews where Saito and Taro say that they're happy they still get to make games, given how the home console market isn't as good as it used to be. I hope the game turns out to be really good and sell well.

Routes.
He could die like that in one route but survive in another.

>emil
>2b action
>not 9s

Emil is canon homo, bro.

Well he did get amnesia. He doesn't remember Nier's sweet smell when he hugged him.

Madden 2016
2B is big on soccer

it looks like crap
if you want a toobie figure, wait until a proper one comes out

>the gaming industry jews smelled another money source
This is exactly the problem with Nier. Taro is a fucking jew. But what makes it scummy is that they withheld on revealing the PC release and say its multiplat, just to cash in on exclusivity hype first. Anyone arguing for a reason to buy a PS4 looks like a fool, especially when pcucks from reddit are constantly saying there is no reason to buy one because all the games are coming to PC.

I refuse to believe that sony are this loose in negotiation. I mean I get getting games on your platform but what about honesty and integrity.

Pcucks can keep SE games. I ain't touching that gay shit no more.

>people really think this will have multiple endings
>implying madman taro isn't playing 10D chess
Screencap this it will have one ending

They got the brother Nier version earlier.

There's no way this is a 20+ hour game with one route and ending.

Me too user. The Dev's really deserve it. I think this game has all the things needed to be really fun for a lot of people. I've seen some people talk about this game even though they've never played Nier or any of the Drakengard games. The story sounds like it's going to be good and platinum games never fails to make a fun combat system.

F

This is what Taro gets for letting those fucking amateurs handle his face.

Hopefully in summer. February is already fucking packed

>This question is for Saito. Yoko Taro's games, while they are excellent games, are not often known to be major commercial successes. So I'm wondering, when you made the decision to pair him with Platinum Games, who also make excellent games that are not known to be commercially successful... How did you convince Square Enix that this would be worth spending money on?
"I make them so much money with Dragon Quest, they basically don't bother me about it"

It's a good thing squeenix is publishing because they usually don't back shit games

Shit. Guess I have to watch a fucking play

nier2.com is a great site for a recap/translation of various nier stuff.

I just hope they will fix the messy character models.
Looks nothing like the concept art. And I´d like to have a good looking Taro game for once.

For as fucking ass as everything looked in Drakengard 3, their character models were lovely.

Nah

You vastly underestimate corporate stupidity. Trust me, I've seen much worse, and it wouldn't surprise me the slightest if they just wanted the "Platinum" name for marketing, but in reality are super controlling on what the game should be because we want the cool kids audience. I refuse to believe the dubstep bullshit was Kamiya's idea, there's no way.

All of his games have been good. Some more combat oriented than others, despite him being known for "cuhrayze" even though he has only made 2 games like that.
He likes to experiment with different genres and design philosophies (Viewtiful Joe, W101, Okami) and he has always succeeded at them. But now suddenly MS is on board and it looks like shit? I can't think it's a coincidence. Maybe it will end up being good, who knows, but so far, this doesn't look at all like Kamiya's work.

In the case of Dev and Pop, they actually look better than the concept. Adam and Eve on the other hand don't look all that good, specially in comparison.

>And I´d like to have a good looking Taro game for once.

Nigger, have you seen the fantastic 3D character models in DoD3?

Only in cutscenes, though.
But yes, they did. They look better than Automata at the moment, with the exception of 2B.

Only a cunt in the English version

One is beautiful
She runs the absolute beauty clinic
I wish she was the heroine instead of Zero

IMO even the battle ones were fine. As you can see in this screenshot, however, the environments were hideous.

It would have been interesting to have a path where One kills Zero at the beginning but then has to go about murdering her sisters. They both knew it had to be done, but neither of them trusted the other to be the last one standing and then kill themselves.

Do you?

Nah. The rhythm endings were always Drakengard's thing.

>In the case of Dev and Pop, they actually look better than the concept
Eh, not for me. They look like crack addicts and stuck up bitches in the screenshot while they look nice and cheerfull in the concept.

which one of them has a dick

I've done a western release to 2B's pictures, if you know what I mean.

I thought TW101 was a weak offering, which I know most people don't agree with. It had a lot of charm in its style, but I think the only reason the overall game was well-received at all was Kamiya's name. The combat was slow to unroll and even at its deepest still fairly simple, the actual gameplay design was a gimmick-and-minigame-infested mess.

It was funny, and cute, and not terrible, and that made it good. But from a gameplay perspective, I don't think it showed any more promise than Scalebound does.

Scalebound is just stood up in such stark contrast next to Nier Automata that you start to realize it.

But then I always thought Saito was Plat's best director, even though the "right" answer is always Kamiya or Mikami

Did he actually say that?

>They look better than Automata at the moment
What? Oh no, no no no.
This is flatout the best 3D character design this gen, even if it isn't faithful to Yoshida's art.

God fucking bless

It's a weird contrast because the concept looks like the personalities of Nier's D/P (carefree v demure) whereas the screenshot looks like they're both robot mode.

Fuck you, I just masturbated and now I have to again thanks to A2's canyon-wide hips

Hopefully all of them

I'd have to dig up interviews and I'm not feeling like doing that, but as I recall yeah both the question and answer are legit.

It's the hair that looks like it could use some work on some of the models.

You don't make a shred of sense user.
Cash in on exclusivity hype?
How? the game is not even out, can't even preorder it, how the fuck did they cash in on it?

And how is it dishonest when they SAID that it is NOT a Sony exclusive.

Loose in negotiation?
Its not negotiation that makes a game exclusive user - its money, and Sony didn't want to or couldn't pay enough for Nier.
When you make a game an exclusive you have to make up what you lose in multiplatform sales in the deal with the platform owner.

>Nigger, have you seen the fantastic 3D character models in DoD3?

Not him but I didn't, because they were a pixelated mess of shit rendered at whatever Vita-tier resolution the game runs at so it can hit that 15fps average.
Pre-rendered shit is irrelevant if you can barely discern a person in game.

If they continue from W101 then the game will be interspersed with gimmick shit instead!

Well thats pretty badass. Or maybe just a breath of fresh air after all the mewling pussy ass shit coming from the west.

That does not look that much better in my opinion...
The hair looks really weird on ALL the models.
It barely looks better than in DG3, if at all.

This, they look fucking dead inside, which is fucking bad considering even when our Devola Popola thought themselves soulless automatons, they still expressed far more emotion. Supposedly these droids have already realized they are more, considering they seem to be helping of their own free will and feel bad about how shit our DevPop did.

>Being this insecure about buying a console

Don't be. If you are this butthurt about a group of people being able to enjoy the game running a bit smoother and looking a bit clearer then you must have some thin skin. Yes they act cancerous and elitist performancefags are troglodytes who should drown in their own mothers milk but you don't need to pay attention to them unless you are some beta who needs to pay attention to other people in lieu of having an opinion of their own

But recently Squeenix haven't been all that good. Just Cause 3 ran so bad that even someone who can play with a subpar framerate like I can had trouble stomaching it, Deus Ex was half finished and I have no hopes for Final Fantasy

I'm starting to worry my raging erection will take away from the emotional impact these scenes should have.

Gonna have to jack off excessively before each session...

It's part of the experience.

Have they said if we get to play as A2?

No, due to fear of lawsuits from men getting priaprisms from playing

Taro said it's a secret.

I do this shit with everything that has hot girls in it

I don't know if they've said it but she seems to be.

It's one screenshot.

Exactly, who puts out a single shot of a character out there and be it the fucking worst?
I assume naturally its one of the better ones, because who the fuck shows off the crap of the crop.

I don't have issues like this normally, maybe when I was around 18 and still hormonal as fuck.

I'd rather play as Commander Lady

Yeah, that image seems to indicate she is playable. But I seem to remember reading somewhere that A2 had no Pod.

But boys need love too!

Man fuck it everything makes me horny

We're gonna fight her at some point right?

Is A2 the what if 2B has been in countless combats and had seen the horrors of those battle while watching one by one of her comrades getting killed horribly, and later developed ptsd, and then start neglecting her outer appearance because her android mind is filled with nothing but horror fear, and anger? cute

>tfw when I already see myself spending hours just walking veery veeery slowly while moving a cam around just gawking

I hope they make that adaptive animation work well for all protags.

Would you rather they do the Hollywood thing and spoil the fuck out of everything? Until the game comes out and we know for sure, the assertion that they're soulless robots based on a 3 second clip is dumb.

I would be very surprised if not
I mean we even fought Kainé in Nier.

Nobody assumed that user, we were talking about their appearance, how it doesn't match up to the concept are.
The point was that they look pretty damn bad and weird in that shot. And personally I think its the bad model job that shows us a personality that it shouldn't, ie soulless fucks.
From the background info we got they are anything but.

Rape-survivor A2?

I'm hoping A2 was on land when Beepy ascended.

You're entitled to your opinion. I think the models looks quite good in comparison to the NieR ones.

I wonder if the graphical differences from PC and console will be as different as MGS5's instead of having the PC version be locked at 30 FPS like some of their ports like Type-0

if it does get locked, it'll probably get a gedosato like mod that'll unlock the framerate, increase resolution and do other shit.

That would still be pretty cute for a boy.
People bitch too much, I'd shag her.

PORKED

The difference to the concept art, the known Devola/Popopla personalities which were most likely the same for all the observer androids are not subjective though.

Ofcourse maybe they are telling you that you just killed five hundred freshly born babies or something, so that might be why they look so gloomy.

there will be so much porked SFM after the PC release

They already confirmed multiple endings in various interviews.

>hey... you cryin?

Come on man, I can't argue with you if you make the point I was going to in your second paragraph.

Sorry, have to be pre-emptive when possible due to shitposters.

Never stopped crying

>That fucking scene where Gestalt Yonah tells the Shadowlord that she can hear her Replicant crying and it's not right for her not to see her father and she dies and all that planning and a thousand years of hard work go down the drain.

God damn it.

How can Automata even compete? We just assume every character dies or is secretly human and not single feel will be felt.

>Are you... dad?

In that moment, just as Yonah lost her soul, so did I.

The scene where Yonah just walked right past Replicant Nier got me the most

Bitches were stupid and their actions were stupid.

Got what they deserved. Dumb bitches.

Hooked asked Saito why he chooses to work with Taro when, hey let's face it, Taro doesn't make him any money.

Saito's response was that he enjoys working with Taro because Taro is passionate and honest; if you tell him "we need to do this" he'll come back and say "there's no way we can make that work without it being shit".

Saito also seems to have fun in interviews for Nier... I get the sense that he keeps hiring Taro because Taro games are easy for him. He can trust Taro to do a lot of the work without producing headaches or going over budget / time, while Saito basically gets to dick off... and while it may not be hugely profitable, it's MORE profitable than, say, him taking a 24-month vacation. He justifies drawing a paycheck doing little more than dicking around with people he likes.

And the same is (apparently) very true of Platinum. Whatever they do, they do it on time and on budget, and if they can't make a game of sweeping 10/10 GOTYAY proportions on the dollar amount agreed upon, they're up-front about that.

Every time I even think of that scene I get a little bummed.

Yeah, that hit hard too.

Have hope that Taro can deliver the goods. I expect A2 and the Robot's stories will make me cry like a bitch

Honestly, what is wrong with pandering to your demographic? If you have an issue with this go make your own game.

Same.

I think I "oh nooooooooooooooooo"'d out loud.

If there was anyone who was JUST, it was the Shadowlord.

I still can't believe how much I fucking liked this section.

The song was beautiful and made it worth it.

Same.

Great callback, lovely song, appropriately weird and frustrating. 11/10, easily my favorite final boss from anything.

I am just thankfull for the video guide on youtube.
Otherwise I would not have made it.

I wonder if this game will be on steam before 2018.

square enix higher ups kind of forced him to come up with the intoners, before they were all male since he didn't really give a shit about their gender, the producers told him to make the game appeal more to otaku so he designed the intoners around madoka magicka, aside from that there's no other mingling that I'm aware of, aside from his constant depression stemming from the fact that he was not able to find the answer he was looking for.

They said simultaneous release, so yeah.

So I just finished Drakengard 1.

And user wanted to tell me something about international censorship in the first game? What was that about? Also is it consistent from then on with changes?

About to go through DoD 2.

Yeah, it helped me not ragequit when the first bullshit note got me.

>before they were all male since he didn't really give a shit about their gender

Was this in an interview? Sounds cool.

>you play as a dude who murders his bros and fucks their women

The shitstorm that would have followed this, lol

Thats how it should be.
They seem to be enjoying what they are doing and you honestly can't say the same about 98% of devs out there working on their shit right now.

I'm still not worried about Automata being shit even though there was not one game in the last 8years I haven't been a cynical fuck about and progressively expected worse than the worst each year.

If they enjoyed making it I'll enjoy playing it.

>Sonyniggers already forgot about this game and now Nioh is their main "never ever" thing

Pathetic.

Caim's sister wanted to fuck him, it was very heavily edited down. Leonard was a pedophile, that was completely cut. Those are the two that stick out, might be more I'm forgetting.

Just be happy about it.
I can think of nothing better than reactionary fucks forgetting about this.

Leonard was a pedophile. He survived the massacre of his village because he was fucking some boybum. And Furie wanted Caim. Sexually.

I believe it will be a dual release.
During the PC announcement, it said it was coming early 2017. PC versions of games aren't made with the Japanese in mind typically. After February, there isn't much time left for it to still be called "early 2017". We already know who's localizing it, so chances are they're already working on making it in English. Its probably going to see a worldwide release all at around the same time

He was jacking off in the woods, not actually fucking somebody. IIRC he never acted on his tendencies.

Why does this trigger people? You aren't the first person I've seen complain about damage numbers in video games

I wonder how censored will the west version be.

>We can't be happy more people are able to play the game due to platform wars.

Platformwar shitposting is one of the most predictable and stupid wastes of time ever and I wish everyone involved with it and who care about it would kill themselves

If MGR is any indication, literally less censored than the Japanese one

Why would it be censored?
Nier wasn't censored.
Drakengard 3, while screwing with character personalities, wasn't so much censored as badly translated.
Other works, such as Metal Gear Rising by 4:3, weren't censored.
What makes you think they'll cut content from the game or try to make it less offensive?

Non-diegetic interference

NieR had references to Emil being gay removed and Kaine's bulge was made smaller.

Just a thought.
Stuff like is usually censored in western releases.

It takes quite heavily away from immersion.
Its okay in an MMO where the experience is more social and you might give a shit about the numbers - but in a single player game riding heavily on story and atmosphere? Why do I need to be constantly reminded that its a video game?

I really hope its turned off by default and maybe there just for the platinumfags for their super-deep-combat fun later
Atleast I cannot find any other sane reason as to why you'd include them, its pretty easy to clarify what moves do more damage even without giving them numbers.

Can I have a link to the Japanese lines and/or pictures of Kaine's bulge in the Japanese version versus the English version?

Yeah *cries*

Requesting pics of Kaine's bulge

It is a fact that MGR had Japan-specific censorship removed when moving westward (in Japan the blood was all recolored white for ratings reasons, it was reverted to red in the west).

Panty shot type shit is "usually" removed when coming westward because companies are trying to keep that sweet T rating; I think they've long since given up that ghost when it comes to Taro

Final Fantasy Type 0 HD still showed character panties like the Japanese version and its fairly recent as an SE title. And its a title that had a weird translation that used pronouns like "Xer" and "Hir", which are typically associated with tumblr types or people who would be prone to censoring.

Make fun of me all you want I'll be pissed as hell if they touch it at all

Well its on PC, even if they censor it there may be a chance it can be removed, though I hear platinums engine is not too friendly.

But I'm a patient man when it comes to this, I expected to wait forever for Nier 2 anyway.

You should probably skip it and play Nier or DoD3. Taro had no involvement in the story of DoD2 and it's shit as a result. It's also not "canon" if that really means anything in this franchise.

Man, that looks fujoshi as fuck. I would've loved to play this.

In the case of Nier, they "localized" it. There's a lot of character development and backstory that's missing because westerners are afraid of sexuality.

>If MGR is any indication
It's not. Nier and DoD3 are.

They made a separate game to appeal towards Westerners

How is that now a form of censorship. Drakengard 3 is a fucking mess

>tfw Yoko Taro married Taiko girl

youtube.com/watch?v=qaB8xEik488

The "Western" version of Nier was released in Japan first. It wasn't made for Westerners. It was just some odd thing where they wanted to give a different character perspective depending on which version of the game you bought.

When brought to the West, they just picked one and left the other in Japan

>There's a lot of character development and backstory that's missing because westerners are afraid of sexuality.
...and because they literally rewrote the game to make Nier 25 years older and the father of Yonah rather than the brother.

The localization of Gestalt to "Nier" was faithful. But the Emil romance-hints from Replicant were removed since the age gap changed the nature of the relationship quite drastically.

They've already said Automata won't be divided like that to appeal to the west

Didn't know that. That's very strange. You sure on this information?

>because westerners are afraid of sexuality
They already had Kaine being forced to masturbate herself by Tyrann. Can't get more sexual than that.

When did this occur

I don't think Nier can be an indicator of anything.
Its a weird game, that had two weird versions, its developer was shut down after, if anything the game would indicate there will never be a next one and that Taro should be jobless.

Its also getting old, 11 was a changing but still different time in the industry.

I think going by DoD3 is most likely, so I doubt they'd touch some thighs and stuff, and most censoring would happen more thanks to incompetence than on purpose.

Yes
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Nier_Replicant
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Nier_Gestalt
For a time, people thought the PS3 Replicant version was cancelled, even once Gestalt was shown off

I don't think that ever happened, especially not in anything released to the western audience.

During the beginning of the 2nd playthrough right before the timeskip occurs. You get a visual novel backstory for Kaine in-game where it tells of how Tyrann took control of Kaine

I have no idea why they did it but its pretty clear that papa nier was still a change for the western audience - who the fuck else owns a 360 in japan.

Now if it was forced or just a weird idea, fuck knows, theres no definitive answer to that, Taro canonified him as a fucking sidenote, while all actual material uses bro-nier and quite honestly all other changes made due to papa nier were pretty damn shoddy and stupid.

Who's this character the madman hides from us? Looks like some callback to DG1 with all the red color? Angelus? CAIM?

It had only vague allusions to it, nothing directly was said about Kaine beating her meat, like it was in Grimoire Nier. Same think as Drakengard 1. It wasn't stated directly that Furiae wanted to fuck Caim, you just could infer it from character behavior and a couple of references Angelus dropped. And when Manah mindraped her. Whereas in nip version a lot of things were said much more directly. Especially Leonard.

Will there be a cute girl(male)?

>You vastly underestimate corporate stupidity.

And you vastly underestimate developer stupidity, Kamiya is a fucking hack just like Kojimbo, the may have made a streak of good games in the past but nowadays they are used up old farts with an ego bigger than their tiny chink dicks.

We already have hot futa robots, there's no need this time. Maybe next game.

It's God impersonating Brother One while riding a Dragon that resembles Angelus and voiced by the dude who voiced Father Nier. Remember Taro said Automata will make less sense if you've played his previous games. Expect something out of this world, literally and figuratively.

>One has a canon male version so no beautiful idealized fujoshi form for him

top kuk

So there is literally no way for me to get a copy of Nier to play it, but I am really interested in the story/lore, and Automata looks fantastic, what should I do ? Watch a Let's Play on Youtube ? Or read about the story somewhere ?

>So there is literally no way for me to get a copy of Nier to play it, but I am really interested in the story/lore, and Automata looks fantastic, what should I do ? Watch a Let's Play on Youtube ? Or read about the story somewhere ?

There's literally no way for me to see a reason that stops you from getting a copy of Nier Automata, buddy.

Taro games, while they relate to each other, generally are able to be followed on their own. While having knowledge of the other games would make the experience more enjoyable, you can play Automata without having played Nier most likely. Don't ruin Nier via a let's play; just wait to see if it gets a PC port or wait to emulate it once RPCS3 or Xenia improves.

>not buying a Yoko Taro game
Fuck you, it's a miracle we are getting this, everyone better contribute

>saying its only on PS4
He said long before a PC version was even announced that it being only on PS4 wasn't something that was finalized.
I can even provide the evidence, if you'd like me to take the time to go looking.

Well if there is literally no way, then theres literally no way and yeah youtube is the next best thing.

Though it sounds like you have ps3 so I doubt there is literally no way.

Better safe than sorry, user
Also, why wouldn't you want to give money to some of the most competent game writer and studio that we have nowadays?

I don't think it will have anything to do with drakengard, because it's supposed to be like 100 years after Nier.

>DG1
It's usually abbreviated as DoD

I will buy Automata (even buying a PS4 mainly for it) but I can't find a copy of the first Nier to play it, that's why I am asking what's the best way to read about it.

That's what I've been telling to myself since I discovered the OST 4 years ago, but I am feeling an urge to play the game and I can't, and it is driving me insane.

I have a PS3, but I live in a shitty third world country with no online shipping and no game store, and the few times I went in France I couldn't find a copy of Nier to buy it.

Where do you live? Look up at Ebay, grabbed used copy for 20€. Act fast though, game gets more expensive each year.

What country is that where its 3rd world enough that you cant buy vidya like me, but its not 3rd world enough that if you get a ps3 - you get it with CFW, like me?

Also not sure why not order online.

Algeria.

>even buying a PS4 mainly for it)

Why would you buy PS4 for that now, dumbass?

Top kek. Guess better not play a game with dick-girls and gay little boys. Better not risk to get stoned by Ahmeds.

Maybe he wants a physical copy or has an underpowered PC

Automata isn'tthe only game I want, but I'll buy it mainly for it.

Yeah, definitly not the kind of game I'll tell everyone I play. The only games people play here are FIFA, PES and sometimes CoD/Battlefield.

Not everyone has a gaming PC you dummy. 300 bucks is an easier entry point than 800+.

So who's the dickgirl in this one?

Considering where you are, entering at 800 into pc gaming is cheaper than 300 into consoleshit.

As another 3rd worlder this is not logical, console vidya is solid 150% the price of PC games - not to mention piracy.

PC gaming lacks weeb games.

Hopefully all of them!

Money is not a problem for me, but I always liked playing on console more than PC.

Anyway, sorry for blogging, seems the only thing I can do right now is watching a let's play on youtube, thanks for the help.

Jokes aside, how's life there. How are women, is it really such a shithole? How did you even end up on Cred Forums? Parle avec moi, s'il te plait.

it really doesnt anymore

Because they're idiots that go on and on about muh immersion.

Oh god, more shitposting.

pls PC is the king of weeb porn games

>flower
Ah shit.

It used to, but things are a lot better now.
There's still room for improvement of course, but with titles like
>Nier Automata
>Tales of Berseria
>Tokyo Xanadu
>God Eater Ressurection/2: Rage Burst
>Gal Gun: Double Peace
>Trillion: God of Destruction
>Monster Monpiece
coming out/having come out in recent days, things are looking up.

Do you want me to speak baguette ? Je peux le faire si tu veux.

Life is mostly boring, nothing much to do outside of the university, girls are not all in burqa like people like to believe, it's not as easy to pick up girl as in other countries but not impossible.

I can't remember how I ended up browsing Cred Forums, but it's now parts of my daily routine.

And yes it's a shithole, mostly because people here and goddamn stupid, you can hardly hold a conversation with them that is not around football, or religion.

Pascal's going to die horribly, isn't he?

>PC gaming lacks weeb games.

What?
All VNs are getting released on PC.

It's just a lunar tear. If there's anything to freak out about it's the fruitcake with the cult tattoo.

Are many there really pure scum? I live in Germany and I yet to meet one likeable Algerian.
How strikt is it? Do you drink? Do you really get stoned if you drink or fuck before marriage. Are there even prostitutes there? Are there many crazy Islamophiles?

WAIT.
Can we even stop this madman?

We are already seeing connections with DoD1 in the trailers, so I doubt they just leave it at that. And Automata happens around 8000 years after Nier, which happens around 1700 years after DoD1 + being kind of a different timeline.

Everybody is taking for granted he will have a miserable existence. Poor guy, Pascal had a hard life even before the game was released.

Also, stop replying to console-war bait godammit. You're all supposed to be adults by now.

There are few JRPG games that i want to play but those are ps4 exclusives. My pc is pretty outdated but could still hold 30fps in some games with med-low settings.

I don't really read VN nowadays due to how time-consuming it is and working as a wageslave. Still play Nukige for the faps, though.

He seems to be very interested by human history and all that stuff. He'll probably be corrupted by the knowledge and you'll have to mercy kill him

>Cred Forums
>adults

Pick one

Yes, there are many scums. I don't drink but I smoke weed sometimes, and no, you don't get stoned if you drink or fuck, you can even buy alcohol easily if you want, everyone know where to buy it, but nobody says anything.

Yes there is prostitutes, from the cheap ones where you only cum once to the high class who spend the night with you, just like with the drinks/drugs, everyone know them, but nobody says anything about them.

There are actually less crazy Islamophiles than in europe, but there are a lot of "radical" men (complete dominance over their wives/sisters)

Not sure how old you are, but do you think life before the civil war was better?

>There are actually less crazy Islamophiles than in europe

That's a common thread in the world today. The European Muslims grow up in a country that is so different compared to the country that their forefathers came from so they cling on to those traditions and their roots even harder than people growing up in the Middle East or North Africa. Not saying that there aren't nutjobs from those regions, but still

I am 22 and I don't think so, Algerians were treated like absolute shit by the French. But I somtimes wonder what would Algeria looks like if she stayed under the French government.

>tfw Devola and Popola were cuter on PS3

What's going on in this thread?

Toobie worshipping.

Interesting to hear, I always thought it was otherwise.
Anything worth visiting there? Wanted to see some of Africa anyway. Just not sure if traveling as a lone white European is secure. Guess it will be not "oh please take us to Europe" but more of "gaijin wrong neighborhood die".

Taro love, Drakeneir posting, platform war shitposting and life in Algeria

>Just not sure if traveling as a lone white European is secure.

Don't worry about that, we are not Indians, we won't rape you. Algeria is absolutly beautiful as long as you stay in the wild, the sea, the montains and the desert are all worth it.

>hair is more detailed in the first Nier than in Automata
But why

>tfw Devola and Popola were cuter on PS3
They were not

People are spamming her upskirt shot nonstop, please fuck off with that ugh.

Why?

Are you gay?

I'm sick of it.