THE TEMPLARS DID NOTHING WRONG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3F0SaPfp0
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtube.com/watch?v=y8IRvaPQZuE
assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob_Frye
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go to bed Charles

that was the worst video game that i have ever played in my life.

what were they thinking ?

People deserve to be free to live and think for themselves and anyone who believes otherwise should be killed.

Real answer? There were several different departments around the world working on AC3, but given the 2012 deadline, a lot of the work had to be cut/compressed.

They were going for this youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3F0SaPfp0 while going for pic related for the present day but well, we got whatever they released.

Plus Steam's user reviews remain positive to this day.

WHERE IS CHARLES LEE

fuuck, I really want a new trailer.

Literally nothing this cool or exciting happens in the entire damn game.

He's OP/

can't wait for the movie, gimme some (you)s

Assassins Creed games are so fucking retarded.

The sad thing is the first one was sort of "mature" and the story had potential but it went full retard after that

>on everygame the assassin is against the state/government
>the only game where assassin allied with government is Ezio with the Ottomans who attacked and murdered Christian lands for 500 years

why are Ubisoft such cuckolds ?

Another few reasons include
-Connor. They wanted an ethnic character but at the same time they were too afraid of doing anything interesting with him without being "offensive". In the video he was shown scalping a target, a replacement for Altair's feather dipping.

-Redcoats vs Patriots response. The initial reception was that it would show the Patriots as the true heroes and the recoats as one-sided enemies and Ubi panicked to make them both half and half evil which was already too late. It's more evident that in the trailers later, they had Connor specify that he hunts "without any thought for which side they are".

They show that the Assassins are terroriststo a degree, specifically in Shay's game and Revelations

Come on, it's not even the worst AC game. Conner is kind of amusing since he's this autistic indian who brutalises every soldier unfortunate enough to get countered. Haytham is neat. At least they had more competent characters than London.

unironically awaiting it. It has Macbeth directors, it couldn't possibly be that bad.

they're based in canada

A FUCKING LEAF

>It has Macbeth directors

That movie was actually pretty weak

Their entire end goal is doing something wrong. They want one group or a council to mind control the entire population, and they don't see anything horrible that could stem from this? Like one crazy guy making it into power and slowly shifting things to his thought process or just simply having enough bad people to overthrow the good ones and just screw everything over?

Granted, they actually seem like they want to better humanity to an extent as long as they can control it, but their methods are arguably worse than the Assassin's. Killing innocent people to get at what they want no matter the cost, mass murder so they could slightly tip the scales in their favor, they seem to be okay with betrayal as long as it's for "The greater good", they can't even seem to reach a consensus on how they want to actually rule over everything and it's constantly changing, they're constantly inciting some sort of violence or massive war/protest just to piss off the Assassins, etc.

Not like the Assassins are any better though, they barely try to govern anything at all, they let areas they do govern go straight down the shitter, they essentially come into a working ecosystem and slaughter Templars and their associates in the streets including those higher ups and then just leave for the Templars to pick up the pieces and absolutely scare the population shitless, and they just in general cause complete anarchy without any thought for how anything will recover.

Keep in mind with Rogue the Templars are just spinning words. They constantly tell Shay what a possible outcome of the Assassin's work could be and nudge him in their direction by going "See, look at how we help the normal folk!" Hell, look at how they spun the gas as being evil, it was going to be used as a massive knockout gas if I remember right, and the Templars are all like "They're going to slaughter the whole city! by poisoning everyone!"

You don't play many games.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

You obviously haven't played Black Flag, Unity, or Syndicate.

It was missed opportunity: the game. They had five years making the bloody engine, they should've had a good intro game to go with it.

>Black Flag
>Syndicate
>BAD

Haven't played the series since III. What the hell's going on in the story?

>Black Flag
>Bad

>Black Flag and Syndicate
>bad

We're approaching meme levels of shitposting now. Both titles are a step up from post Brotherhood shit.

You guys must really love tailing missions.

>defending fucking Syndicate
That garbage is the worst.

see
and give me a while to type all of Syndicate's many faults.

>ACIV
Pirates and shit. Also you're a faceless protagonist hacking for the Assassins. Newest macguffin is the Sage.

>ACR
Ties in with Watch Dogs. Prequel to ACIII. Brits and shit. Faceless protagonist #2 working for the Templars.

>ACU
Faceless initiate working for hacker grrl #2. Arno finds the sword of eden and later, another apple.

>ACS
Present day Assassins do more field work. Twins saves London from cartoon super villains.

Of course it has faults, it's a fucking Ubishit game but compared to AC3, Unity, Liberation, and the rest? it's fucking golden in comparison and if you're really going to list shit, keep it factual not just a long list of "I don't like it" like we usually see from you faggots.

Still a good choice for AC given vidya movie records.

No, I like memorable stories and a cool piracy side-mechanic and the series' most believable protagonist to date

What is it you liked about your favorite AC? I assume Brotherhood?
Is it because Lucrezia made your pee pee hard?

Anyone know how many minutes before an OP can bump his own thread? I really wanna storytime the Assassin's Creed comics on Cred Forums one day.

Syndicate is shit.
>contextual hidden blades
>main weapons are limited to 3 types
>have to pause and go to inventory to change them
>combat animations looks janky as fuck

>leveled characters and enemies
>unnecessary skill system
>neither of which make sense as Jacob and Evie are supposed to be Master Assassins when they arrive in London
one of Evie's skills makes her completely invisible while still

>crossdressing dyke quest giver
>forced DESIGNATED romance
>Lydia asks Churchill for women's right to vote (Ubisoft: look how progressive we are!)
>Jacob is dumb; Evie is smart and perfect (she loses an important item and everyone shrugs it off)
>no prostitutes in VICTORIAN LONDON

>framerate goes to shit when in a carriage and npcs often pop-in, despite the downgraded graphics

Eat shit, you contrarian faggots.

TELL ME ABOUT CHARLES WHY DID HE BURN MY VILLAGE?

see
All facts. I played the shit myself.

Someone started the fire.

So, next AC will be tsarist Russia, right?

>Hurr durr. Who cares if it's a shit AC game? I liked Edward! PIRATES!!
That's what I thought.

After Juno got released she integrated with The Cloud™, her husband is stuck in what is essentially reincarnation and takes over a random person's entire life and that person becomes him. Meanwhile Abstergo is basically using the Animus as a "gaming system for the past" and is using it to brainwash people at the consumer level and has its employees scrub away any mentions that paint Templars negatively while getting them PoE locations and First Civilization DNA.

Juno's husband reincarnated in present day tries using an employee's(Your) body so she can walk the earth instead of in The Cloud™. It doesn't work, he dies, Juno threatens you, Templars damage control, and you go back to work. Modern day Assassins are basically non-existent now, they're getting slaughtered by Otso Berg and the few that are surviving(Mainly a couple sects in some countries and Desmond's crew) are doing their best to get to the First Civ stuff first while trying to convert people to the Assassin side via the Animus systems when they can hack in and show people the truth.

No clue about Syndicate though.

>Still ragging on Unity
Look, aside from the story, characters, and what glitches are left, it is the best gameplay in the entire series on the actual on-foot side. Like, even AC1 isn't as demanding and punishing as it is when it comes to fights, how it punishes you for even getting into multiple enemy fights, how you actually have to stealth or you can't get anything done, and so on. You can definitely rag on Unity for the poor excuse that is Arno, but the gameplay itself is just fine.

>she loses an important item and everyone shrugs it off

Oh, it's you. Every AC thread we go through this shit and every AC thread people point out shit in your statements and you just spout memes in return. I'm not doing it this time, get fucked.

Egypt, actually.

This.
>Being big assassins creed fan
>ready for something fresh after the ezio trilogy,which is great dont get me wrong >hear ac3 is in american revelution
>See e3 trailer where connor is running in battle
>Badass is fuck

THEN IT COMES OUT
>Come home to only play 5 hours of haythem
>Then play a brat named connor
>Mcguffin peice of eden isnt even a thing till the very end
>Charles lee in real life died of a sickness in 1790s
>You dont watch connor grow old and experience more post game except the shitty homestead missions and ben Franklin pieces
>Those bs AI chess games
Ac4 was miles ahead of 3 in everyway

>don't shit on mah waifu!
Nice. Just ignore every other point.

Sorry for spelling anons its 2 am

>even AC1 isn't as demanding and punishing as it is when it comes to fights, how it punishes you for even getting into multiple enemy fights, how you actually have to stealth or you can't get anything done

Well that's just not true as I played no differently from other AC titles and breezed through whether I was sneaking or fighting several guys at once. It's a bit harder sure but nothing as grand as making the rest of the shit bowl forgivable.

>le the bad guys are good

what is it with the entirety of Cred Forums and this meme

I am ignoring everything because you always say the same shit, people refute, and you don't listen because your hate of Syndicate must be pure. So I shall repeat, get fucked.

If there was anything they did right, it was the animations.

They made the mistake of pushing the secondary activities out of the way of the player as much as possible.
Seriously, there's some really interesting shit to do in here.

In fact, there's a Brotherhood-like recruit system, but barely anyone knew about it because the only thing to make you know about it is a marker on the map.

You can also build up the Homestead until it becomes a big and comfy village full of people running around.

>chess
Wasn't it checkers? Also IV should've been a spin-off so they didn't have to bloat it with tailing missions.

>my opinions are facts!
Okay dude.
I thought the story was cool and the combat and stealth were far more interesting than the series is used to, and the grappling hook makes getting around fun, and the assassination missions were the best in the series, and the modern day story was compelling, and the World War I segment was an awesome side quest, and gang recruiting was helpful and unique.
But no, the whole game is garbage because of framerate drops and minor story gripes

Fuck you.

The enemies in AC1 were noticeably more advanced in their offense and defense than in the sequels. They could counter you, fake attacks, do a three hit combo stun and dodge.

Of course while they hit harder, they were still easy since they attack one at a time but you gotta admit, they had something else the other games didn't for the enemies.

You must have me confused with someone else. I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to defend Syndicate until today.

Ac4 shouldve been ac3, Ac3 being released as Ac4 wouldve made more people hate ubisoft after the Unity disaster and show them to make their games alot better, then a one year delay
for their next game

Godspeed to Assassins Creed Ancient Egypt

Checkers actually, and another game that you get introduced to in the prison mission.

There were people who liked it in the old threads. I mean I hate it to death but yeah, they exist.

Holy fuck. Nice run-on sentence there, dumbass.

Next time address each of my points with a valid argument.

>10 year anniversary of AC in 2017
REMASTER WHEN?

Oh sorry I think I got things mixed up, I thought your comment was about Unity.

I liked ACIII, and IV had (and still has) it's share of glitches/bugs.

>Year of our lord 2016 where """"""""""remaster"""""""""" means tweaked visuals to a tiny degree

I played the same as I did in other AC titles and until you reach 5* or 6* you will absolutely get your shit pushed in by a group of 4 or more enemies which is really easy to amass unless you just spam your smoke bombs constantly since your damage is really low, enemies tend to have high HP and hit like bricks, and they're crazy fast at attacking the higher level they are. Enemies don't attack one at a time and some even attack you mid-counter, they attack swiftly outside of the obvious brute guys, they block much more often, counters can't kill at all, it puts a bigger emphasis on rolling due to no human shields(Pain in the ass though since it was annoying that they removed it and you can be stuck in a combo unable to dodge in time), you're encouraged to stay in cover rather than run into the open, you're encouraged to sneak around much more and plan things out due to the mass encounters, and so on.

I'm not saying it's the hardest thing ever, I'm saying it's definitely the best gameplay-wise Assassin's Creed has seen for the on-foot stuff. Not to mention the general parkour improvements with the up/down system that makes descending take seconds and ascending choose the best method to climb up fastest and not having a fear to just jump to your death randomly.

Granted, it would be really nice to have the attack fake outs back, but at least Unity brought back the enemy counters(Even if it's locked to the agile hat guys)

>ACR
>Ties in with watchdogs
Explain? I don't recall that when I played.

>address each of my points or your argument sucks!
>cherry picks grammar instead of doing the same
Do you just hate AC? Why are you in this thread?

Not him but in Black Flag your boss goes off for a meeting and apparently he's a guy you kill in Watch Dogs.

Not really, just that they point out that Olivier Garneau died
Because he was killed by Aiden Pierce
That's it

You dodged a ton of my points, user.

Nice meme image, btw.

But I thought Jack took care of victorian london's prostitute problem.

still has the best look and locations of all the ac games, that gameplay looks 10x better than anything in unity or syndicate

In AC4 the CEO of the games division of Abstergo goes on a trip to Chicago to check out the ctOS(It was named specifically in one of the side computers if I remember right) and doesn't return and is presumed killed.

In Watch_Dogs the final mission you get for the assassinations or body grabs or whatever it was called has you grab that exact guy for the Assassins(They specifically tell him to requiescat in pace when he's grabbed)

In ACR they're dealing with the fact that their CEO is now gone when visiting Chicago and is going on a massive manhunt for the Assassins which is why Otso Berg is brought in with the new Templar chick running things now.

ACIV has your french boss talk with CToS guys about updating their security with their tech. He mentions going to Chicago to talk with them personally which back then it would've just meant a small promotion for Ubisoft's other game Watch Dogs.

Later in the actual Watch Dogs game, you have a short mission of finding the guy and neutralizing him for the Assassin order. Given the nature of the mission, the guys at Ubi confirmed it as between canon and noncanon for the meantime.

ACRogue release, it was confirmed that boss had been captured and killed in Chicago.

There's an email in either Rogue or Black Fag that mentions Blume.

That's in the DLC which is like 20 years after the main game. There should've been prostitutes lining the alleys.

>REMASTER WHEN?

yes just what we need is another 'remaster' that fucks up a game's lighting or flat out turns off light-sources, makes textures 3% better, and the options are resolution and graphics on/off

Haven't played AC since 2 (which I really enjoyed)
Tried starting Brotherhood, but was bored after the couple hours.

What games it's worth playing? Do I need to play every single one to understand the story?

before some autist claims why doesn't the templar swim. he's wearing full chainmail armor

Rogue. III and Freedom Cry would be good to play beforehand. IV is optional.

No, you can play any of the games since there's recaps in them.

Recommend ACIV, ACRogue and ACUnity but that last one is only if you haven't hit stagnation with the series.

The best characters to play as are the Templars. Haytham is great. MC from Rogue is great. The assassins just come off as dickholes.

>Reccomends unity over syndicate

AI-wise, the NPCs only learned to swim during ACIV and Rogue.

IV is a shit AC game but MUH PIRATES, RIGHT?

As someone who played nearly all the AC games including the handhelds, ACS was shit.

SHIIT.

the story means nothing anymore. ezio trilogy was about as good as the series got. 4 and rogue are nice and 1 on pc is actually good because it has mission variety. unity has really pretty interiors and cutscenes but arno is such a boring person.

As do I. Syndicate is trash.

Replayed it a week ago, and I really enjoyed it to the point where I forgot the game had quicktravel.

I see no problem with that

How should I address each of your points?
You're whining because Evie is slightly Mary Sue-ish
You're whining about leveled enemies despite player progression giving a compelling reason to play
You're whining that a FREAKING AC GAME doesn't have romance options
You're whining about minor frame rate dips (either you're playing on console and have no right to bitch or you're a PCfat and should just upgrade)
You're whining about the fact that they're not master assassins right off the bat (of course they're fucking not. They're like 22 and the guy training them constantly chastises them)

Youre the kind of guy who gets a fucking Ferrari for Christmas then bitches about what color it is without saying thank you.

I didn't get to play Unity or Rogue when it came out had a shitty gtx 480 that couldn't play the game at all.

rate it out of 10

Here's rare footage of Altair smiling.

Why the fuck do people mention Rogue and IV together?

Nearly everything IV does, Rogue does better. The only reason to play IV is if you have a hard on for pirate shit.

>Devoting brain power towards retaining memory of the present day plot.

You're doing it wrong senpai.

Played Black Flag with a 560. Rogue was a good port of a PS3 game. You should've been able ot play it at low res.

Rogue doesn't have underwater fun, and some of the graphics and liveliness of the cities are underwhelming being a 360 port.

Also noticed that when you're in fast boat camera, the wheel doesn't spin compared to IV.

>people now recommend Unity

I'm so glad I only really come here for news, you fuckers are too retarded to be taken seriously otherwise.

I would argue that IV has a better story

>Evie
>slightly Mary Sue-ish
Fucking please.

>leveled enemies
They weren't needed in the series before and only serve to justify the skill system (also unnecessary). And again, they don't make sense when you consider the main characters are high level Assassins.

>romance
Nah. I'm "whining" because it's poorly-written.

>You're whining about the fact that they're not master assassins right off the bat (of course they're fucking not. They're like 22 and the guy training them constantly chastises them)
Did you even read my post? Better question: did you play the game?

What do you want us to rate again?

Only because Syndicate managed to be worse than it.

But yeah, it's shit. I did like the customization, difficulty and the graphics but that's it.

I can't help that the game didn't get a next-gen release, user. I hardly think it's fair to compare it so.

Syndicate is bad?

The graphics blew me away but that's all it's got going for it really. It's the Battlefront of AC.

Yeah but that's why people almost always lump Rogue with IV. It's an expansion pack by nature.

Do you attribute collective characteristics to nebulous group of unique individuals as a means of comprehending it, or is it an involuntary coping trick common among mild autists?

>MC from Rogue is great
What about Shay was great? Was it his temper and short-sightedness? Was it his inability to talk things out with any of his mates that he knew for years? Was it that he had to interrupt anyone who mentioned luck to say he makes his own luck? Was it his constant wavering when killing his friends but then instantly getting reassured by the Templars without questioning anything they said because "The Assassins might have done something bad!"?

Seriously, I spent something close to 30 hours with Shay and I couldn't find a single thing likable about him as a character, his outfit choice was top notch though.

Rogue is really short. Like, we're talking Main Sequences in under 6 hours short. Areas are great to visit especially in River Valley, the ship itself is a vast improvement from IV, the Legendary Ship battles are bigger pains in the ass than they were in IV but they're still really fun, and there's a bunch of clothes choices. It falls flat on making you care for Shay or his journey, essentially just switches how they do characters for the Templars and Assassins, and no one gets any characterization at all.

Unity has a horrendous MC with a horrendous cast outside of Napoleon who is charismatic enough to carry you through some scenes, the story is nonsensical and you don't give two shits about anything, and it's about as glitchy as AC3 was nowadays. Gameplay is great though, tons of improvements in many systems, you can go into interiors of buildings now, a bunch of stealthy missions, co-op missions, an insane amount of customization options, you have way more freedom on main missions, and there's tons of random stuff to do including the great murder mysteries.

Again, it's shit if you're solely into these games for the character/story, but from a gameplay perspective it's one of the better things AC has seen.

Yes

Were it a spin-off, yeah. Edward being a Kenway and Adewale are the only things that link it to the series. Syndicate had Edward's house in England, but that game is pure shit.

The first game in the series I stopped playing. Even read the novel but that only made my pessimism grow. I'll probably return to it when they make a new trailer for the next game.

The worst.

According to Cred Forums yes
But its better than unity, revelations, lll

Lol no

>Syndicate
>Worse than Revelations

Get fucked.

He was an entertaining character. He doesn't have to be likable to be entertaining.

NEW TRAILER WHEN?

Yes, she is. What's your argument?
It makes combat more involved and take longer than just counter and move on, which in turn incentivized stealth. It makes it so you can't rely on brute force later in the game
Just about every game's romance is poorly written
Yes I did. You implied they were supposed to be master assassins by the time they got to London. They were never written that way, then you wonder why the fuck they're incompetent later in the story

But what the fuck ever. Go jerk your dick over AC1 and AC2 for all I care.
You've already said you hate AC4 so I can sleep easy knowing you just have shit taste

>Ubishit never patched the quiver onto Connor's other outfits

When the next kanye west song becomes popular

So what about him was entertaining? He didn't really have any funny scenes to speak of, if anything Gist was the most entertaining of the lot and he was pretty much just faking being jolly to get Shay on his good side. Most of his scenes were spent moping, talking about making his own luck, and just questioning everyone he met. He had a good heart, but I never saw anything more than that from him.

I'd rather just remove the bow and save myself from experiencing rage over the bow string clipping through his body.

I never implied shit, retard. Look it up. Jacob and Evie were Master Assassins when they got to London.

>It makes it so you can't rely on brute force later in the game
Confirmed for never playing the game.

My favourite stuntman is in that movie. Here's a cool part from it.

youtube.com/watch?v=y8IRvaPQZuE

The way people talk to you and how your character doesn't respond at all was really awkward in AC4.

>pale Edward
>animoo artsyle
Leave this place.

I like the way the bow and quiver look with the default robes and the ones you get after Achilles dies. Never noticed the bow string do that. Connor looks fucking retarded walking around in the Aquila outfit with a bow, though.

It's pixiv, the japanese DA. What you expect?

A man deserves some R&R after murdering mudslimes and christfags all day

You gotta admit that the floating ship glitch is pretty cool

Wish the warehouse outfit he had with Haytham was wearable.

>Get kicked in the nuts
>Instantly drop your sword and fall to your knees

i can't see this happening in real life.

>Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed in the same universe
So when are we getting our Assassins vs Templars vs Hackers game?

are they really making the ezio trilogy for ps4? i really fucking loved ezio man. i loved all his games. i really want to experience the second one again, on ps3 it ran like garbage oh god.

Aiden ruined all that when he killed undercover Templars and Asses in Chicago
There's not gonna be a "Vs". It's probably gonna be a massacre, a one-sided fight

>expecting anything cool to come out of WD2 or after it

Yeah, they're rereleasing it.

When they jump the shark again.

Also, only if WD2 manages to fail again to the point where they have to hang around with another IP just to be relevant.

Aiden never killed any Assassins, just that one Templar.

>if
It will. They recycled shit from the first game and removed Digital Trips - arguably the most fun thing about Watch_Dogs.

Black fag implies someone was inside in order to assassinate the director fag. Assuming Aiden didn't go gentle, that undercover ass is dead

Damn it, was it Black Flag, or that website thing..

When the bottom of the barrel needs scraping

What?

This guy comes in and slaps youre waifu's ass. What do?

that is awesome. when is it supposed to come out, did they say?

It needed scraping around Syndicate.
>further dumbed-down combat
>cartoon villains
>"cheeky" teasuckers

being the least shitty isn't the same as being good.

I don't mind Edward much, but I fucking hate his robes. They were perfect before he added the leather/armor to it, imo.

Nov 15. Hopefully they fix the post processing ACII had. It was horrible compared to ACBro's Venice.

Shout "CHARLES LEE" as loud as possible, forcing him to go on a crusade where he will never know happiness.

how did this game go from assassin stopping space aliens and secret government with time travel to the Templar being sane people

>Only option to get those robes back is the Governor's Outfit and whatever the green(Or was it red?) one was.
>They didn't even try to sell it as DLC or anything.
I wish you could choose to have each segment of the leather added as a different costume choice, or not have it at all.

2 fucking months? god dammit.

Definitely has that respectable captain feel to it.

Honestly prefer the Templar robes

Ah, forget about it. It's just some easter egg anyway, probably just a wink and nothing canon. I doubt Ubi's gonna go out and say the two take place in the same universe.
Then again, they did mention the "Ubiverse"

Due to a genetic mutation, your face now resembles Charles Lee. You can't shave the mustache either.

I'm some kind of Sage?

There's red, dark green, and black. And yeah, they really dropped the ball by not making armor optional.

I can't get over the weird collar.

The Mayan outfit was a disappointment.

Well in that case I shall use this genetic mutation to send him across the country doing tedious tasks for days on end. Then when he finally reaches me I shall deliver a document to him stating "Charles Lee DLC: the exciting concolusion to Conner's tale! Coming Soon"

That's right user. I locked myself behind a paywall.

You're like Desmond. You look exactly like Altair despite the timespan of 9 millennia.

This reminds me, why the fuck is the George Washington DLC so expensive?

motherfucker be thinking like a rational game publisher

Because he is the founding father of your modern world.

Weird i've heard that the scalping was cut out because it didn't make sense, because scalping was rare so they opted to pull it out.

Because it was episodic, I think.

Funny that the dlc brought us the god-tier shoop of Trump.

>motherfucker be thinking like
>>>/normiebook/

>Mfw im taking a lyft home currently

Nah, it was because the scalping thing belonged to a different clan. Injun consultants believed that if Ubi put that in, they would be generalizing all injun tribes and das raycis

Sounds like you know more about that place than I do.

Mayan outfit a shit
>pretty bland design overall
>no hood
>deflects bullets like AC III's ring

>That motherfucking DLC
>After realizing i made a mistake by pirating that garbage with hopes of having fun
>Jack DLC is released
>Get hyped again i might play as fucking Jack the Ripper or against him
>Mission locked for the cunt because the brother is damsell in distress
>Jack the Ripper missions are so linear that you can't murder anyone that isn't an enemy or a marked target
>JACK DIDN'T KILL CIVILIANS
And i don't want to get to the main reasons why the main game sucks fucking ass

I just know about the ghetto trash "memes" that are frequently posted there.

>the feel when you do this animation

So much more satisfying.

>Believable

Uh. No. Not really. Though he's probably one of the most memorable, since pirates are cool to begin with and it's hard to forget we played an assassin that wasn't a fucking assassin for 89% of the game.

Don't forget
>Jack's identity is spoiled extremely early on
>it makes no goddamn sense

I honestly don't. I don't live near ghetto people.

user don't taint my post with your retardation. That's just not cool.

I don't see nothing wrong with that from a story standpoint, if the guy is from a clan who didn't do that why give him the option to do so, i mean they could have easily changed his clan to one that did it and problem solved.

>Jacob and Evie are supposed to be Master Assassins when they arrive in London

I haven't played it since the first week it came out but I don't think they're supposed to be assassins before they get to London. If I recall it was their father who was an assassin and they weren't involved. Jacob just wants to go to London to build up a gang of hard cunts and Evie wants to follow in their father's footsteps because SHE SMAHT AND SHE STRONG AND SHE INDEPENDENT.

I didn't mind the game. I didn't think it was shit but it was just painfully average.

The only thing I disliked about it was the fact that Jacob was treated like a retard who shot first and asked questions later. They had no fucking issue with him doing all the dirty work though because EVIE SMAHT, JAKUB DUMB

>no armor AC II robes
So good. I started a second save just to have them.

Anyone else play Rogue with Ed's robes?

>implying you have to live near chimps to see that shit on the internet

I thought for sure the reveal was gonna be that the brother had lost his marbles and was now in a jekyll/hyde situation
but no, it was some literally who

Ubi don't think that deep user. They probably recorded all the lines or made all the assets, so laziness set in.
Though I guess they're also watching out for the rating?

Thankfully only the boots were a forced purchase so you can switch between that and the Altair armor.

>Sir Jacob Frye (1847 – unknown) was a Master Assassin of the British Brotherhood of Assassins, active in London during the Victorian era, and the younger twin brother of Evie Frye. He later became a member of Queen Victoria's Order of the Sacred Garter, and the grandfather of Lydia Frye.

>Born in Crawley, where they were raised as Assassins from birth, Jacob and his sister traveled to London to take the city back from the Templars after their father died of natural causes.

assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob_Frye

Nah, I see more asian memes from where I'm at. I'm not american.

God no. I mostly used the Frontiersman outfit until I unlocked the 11th Century Templar Robes.

I used Connor's robes in IV.

>Scooby doo tier mistery solving
>Not even an unmasking and the boss fight was piss easy
>IT WAS A RANDOM ASSASSIN ALL ALONG

oh no im not giving them a scapegoat i think they were lazy enough to not change his clan to keep the scalping

Same here. While predictable, it would've been so much better.

Aside from the animations being better, you can do the same shit in the game as that target render depicts. The problem is it's still boring and monotonous combat.

I love how most of the outfits still have holsters for your sword and pistols.

There was only one outfit I really liked, and he lived in it.

Meant "armor" not robes.

The uplay outfit was pretty sweet too.

It's not just that, there's also the atmosphere like the wolves and the camps being more lively.

Plus most of the AC3 assassinations were cinematic, two of which were forced air-assassinations.

>Might have
>Clearly did
>And when he tries to stop them, they get violent

Assassins are retards.

Fancy as fuck, wish this was what he used in the Paris assassination.

Sorta wish you could play that level in this or Arno's outfit.

Rogue has some quality outfits and the level of diversity is pretty crazy. It's a shame they completely abandoned that in future games.

Used Altair's during assassination levels.

And yet Jacob was by far my favourite twin.

>That part where he gets annoyed that nobody is paying attention to him so he tries to butt in with "muh gang!"

I used Eds outfit for Jacob in Syndicate, because he looked retarded with a top hat

His cap was way better.

Wasn't the only truly bad thing they did trying to find the next Precursor site? Outside of that their only true fault was not governing their cities properly and letting the gangs who were Assassins in name only run stuff?

Also, didn't the chick specifically modify the gas because she knew Shay was going to be there? The whole purpose of it at that point was to kill him since he had already taken the lives of two or three of his former comrades at that point. Prior to that it was honestly supposed to be a knockout gas or something.

But yeah, the Assassins were absolute retards in Rogue.
>Shay's sole reason for betrayal was because no one bothered to spend five minutes listening to him after he came home from months at sea because he shouted at Achilles and they all took Achilles' side for no reason including his best friend of 20+ years.
>Everyone acts like an absolute asshole, especially the French guy.
>Not a single person tries to explain anything and instead either just tries killing Shay and his acquaintances or runs away shouting "NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND" and then dies.
>Achilles only has second thoughts when his entire Order is basically dead and is feet away from the thing that causes mass destruction if removed?

So basically you're saying that people should be free to think for themselves as long as they share your views, and if they don't they should be killed. That's interesting

In Rogue's defense, the Templars have been retarded in Brotherhood and Syndicate for the sake of making the hoodie squad look good.

But the memes user

Jacob should have been the protagonist, the sister is literally useless because it's like Shaundi/Pierce situation, only it's not funny because you feel she gets the credit not as a joke but because they actually believe she is the mind behind everything.

Looks surprisingly good.

>almost all of his oufits have one
I used the Huntsman outfit the entire game.

No. They did a lot of bad shit, up to and including inciting war. The thing is like the Templars they do it because they think they're right. What most people miss is it isn't supposed to be "Templars may be good?! Assassins may be evil?!" even though the semi shitty writing does paint it that way.

It's supposed to go "we are all terrible and we are all noble"

The original plan was to have one male protag.

did someone say MEMES?

Mind giving me a refresher on inciting war? Do you mean the bit at the end where you're in France killing Arno's dad and they have a speech about inciting the revolution?

They managed to keep the gray area fairly balanced with the games excluding AC2 and ACB where every Templar was basically a mustache twirling bad guy who was nothing but an asshole to everyone.

Ezio's outfit was probably the only outfit that never fit in for most of the games. Too clean, too white.

He deserved to get put on the spot. Cosplayers are the biggest attention whores.

user, that's obviously an Ubi-hired guy cosplaying for promotional purposes.

They do make or commission good outfits though.

That game literally killed the series for me, that ending basically wasted 5 years of character development, it made all of that worthless, not to mention the manchild we are forced to play as and the shitty time period and location.

I don't like the Brotherhood robes at all. Giovanni's are far superior, imo.

>have a "Ubisoft approved meme" ready
>think it's terrible at the last second
>pussy out but keep your dignity
A true hero.

the dangly pieces of cloth on them bug me

THANK FOR THE MEMES MEME MAN

>AC 1 shows templars may not be in the wrong and they end up doing bad shit as an effort to mantain a status quo in benefit of everyone, and that even assassins can lust for power and greed

>AC 2 shows templars being just bad people for the sake of being bad

I like that outfit, i always had a hard on for classic clothes like that and suits

The problem is not the clothes but the characters who wear it, only Ezio face could match that outfit

>cosplays for a game that hasnt come out around a bunch of fat dudes on computers only to get 5 seconds of twitch screentime

You'd be amazed at how dedicated the cosplay fandom of AC is.

How do you avoid enemies countering you?

You don't. At best you should just check if the enemies have armor or not as to know if they can do heavy stuns.

Also I think the short blade is immune to counters.

Heavy attack I think.

Played AC1 but never finished it - too repetitive and some annoying glitches
Loved AC2
Brotherhood was sort of ok-ish at first, but then I replayed it and realized how much cancer it had
Revelations was sort of ok
III was shit, but had its highlights (like sailing)
Liberation was entirely pointless, but it did have a few nice ideas
Loved IV. Still not as much as II though
Hated Unity. Probably the worst AC game
Loved Rogue.
Couldn't play more than an hour of Syndicate. Battle system is shit. The rest of the game is probably not worth it
Unless they change direction, I'm afraid the next game is gonna be just as bad

I really hope Ubisoft spins off sailing into a separate franchise.

Did you play Freedom Cry?

>. I mostly used the Frontiersman
are you me? I loved this shit.

Yes. Though technically it's just a DLC for IV. Being a brutal nigga was very satisfying.

Walking through Sleepy Hollow with it on is the best.

Do you also like that Van Helsing movie with Hugh Jackman?

The 2000-something one? Yes. Ironically enough, I got paid to translate the new Syfy's Van Helsing series, and am literally doing it right now

>best robes in a long time
>machete and blunderbuss
>tropical setting
Best AC DLC by far. I never bought the "missing" sequences for AC II. Fuck Ubisoft for not giving those away.

Awesome.

Missing sequences were the best, plus the Ezio speech.

Fuck Ubisoft for taking out something so important.

I actually considered getting the Aveline DLC because I think Aveline is cute. Then I found out how short it was.

Getting kicked full force in the nuts by possibly the strongest warrior in the world would make anyone drop their sword.

>Optional Objective: Visit Old Friends

>tfw Jack missions were cut

In-game, the Abstergo buttmonkeys say that the Animus glitches out whenever swimming is involved. So that's why Altair gets desynched, and why some unarmored Templars sink. Any memory involving touching water gets skipped/fast forwarded, like the journey to Arsuf, and possibly the escape from Solomon's Temple

>would make anyone drop their sword.
And their..sword

Somehow I can tell you've never truly played a bad video game in your life.

Altair knows this

Just look at him.

Assassin scum; you cannot defeat us for we are Legion.

We build societies and bring order to chaos.

Your order exists simply because you fail to understand what our true goals are.

May the Father of Understanding guide us.

Holy shit it's Adam Sandler

Revelations Desmond/Altair/Ezio almost made me not play the game.

Please, Unity has an ass story an characters but Graphics, combat and city-wise it is the best AC game by a mile.

The missions were for the most part well designed, the Co-Op was kinda fun, and the customization was great.

It was, by and far, alot better than the mediocre B tier title that was Syndicate. London felt dead, the game felt static, Jacob and Eve are terrible characters, he's just another smartass with absolutely no depth to his character, only made for one-liners, and she's just another victim of SJW writing by acting "Stronk independant" in every scene to show how much she's a tough girl and a coalburner to boot.

Missions are repetitive and simply unfun.

Black Flag is better than both of them thou and that is barely even an AC game.

curryburner, you mean

Same literal shit.

I just wish ACUnity had a lot more interactive things with the NPCs and the city. I mean it all looks so lively but you only buy from one guy, you can't get drunk or tips like before and the lack of minigames and other factions to fight.

I really hope we have an actual crossover between the two games. Kinda like establishing a Ubisoft gaming universe (as played out as that is outside of comics)

It's really hard to believe the Assassins wouldn't have their hand in the Deadsec cookie jar when the Templars have theirs in Blume Corporation.

AC1 looked better than the rest.

I agree. The city is really open and you can enter almost anywhere ( You can't in Syndicate, everything is just background decorations).
Some more mini-interactions would've added alot of life.

That being said, there are actually a load of good quests of varying natures in the game, so it still manages to do more than other AC games did.

It's a shame that since co-op is dead some of the missions are literally impossible to do solo. I tried doing The Tournament the other day solo since no one queued in fifteen minutes at all, and once you grab the tickets you now have to hit like 30+ flags in under a minute, it's nonsensical and they expected four players for it.

I actually thought Dedsec would turn out to be The Brotherhood on my first playthrough of WD.

Was ACRev genuinely a bland and boring piece of shit or was it simply me experience a burnout after playing through AC2 and ACB back-to-back?

AC Unity's co-op missions were kinda cool, though.

Overall I went in with the lowest of low expectations for that game but in the end it was pretty enjoyable.

Haven't played Syndicate yet, and judging from this thread I really shouldn't bother unless it gets picked up by GWG/PSPlus or something.

Shame you can't replay the mini missions. I enjoyed the dialogue in some of them.

The setting is neat, but everything else is pretty lame.

It had everything I could've wanted. Assassins, London, black outfits and even Edward's cane sword from the books.

Then I played the game. NEVER AGAIN.

Both. I quite enjoyed Revelations as a setting like which was one of the reasons I managed to finish it even though the story was lackluster.

Also one of the few who enjoyed the bombs and the tower defense minigame.

>that forced romance in ac:s

They had like 8 months to turn it into a functional video game, it was supposed to be a 3DS game at first. So yeah, make of that what you will.

Revelations was hands down my favorite one. I feel the franchise peaked with it after the shitshow that was Brotherhood

I don't know what was worse between that and Unity's forced templar/assassin couple. Well, special mention to Connor's parents.

Have you played through it once and never touched it again? In that case give it another try, if you ever feel like playing through the series again.

For me the first time I played I was like what the fuck is this shit, but I came back to the series about a year or 2 later and it was pretty good

Maybe it's an expectation thing.

Also the fact that they did not include The Lost Archive in the base game but as a seperate DLC was a mistake, as it's easily one of the best parts of the modern day story of the entire series. (unpopular opinion)

>and they expected four players for it.
>tfw I did it solo

I hate that mission and the Co-op shit is the strongest reason for me to never touch Unity again.

That bad, huh? Damn..

Was that the first person Desmond I never heard about?

I share your unpopular opinion.
Fuck the cunts who don't like the modern part of the series.

Those first-person areas on Animus Island were fucking awful. I couldn't give a shit less about Desmond's past. The puzzles were okay.

Meant to quote you on this.

Arno and Elise felt genuine while Evie and that paki felt forced

No, the Desmond stuff is in the base game.
This DLC is all about Subject 16.

Not him, but it's easily the worst game in the main series.

Is next year's AC really gonna be about the WEWUZ?
I don't know what they're going to do in order to innovate if that's the case. They didn't have much in the way of technology.

Syndicate is the definition of forgettable, but it's not as shit as AC3 that's for sure. Fuck that game.

>You would see all humanity corralled into your system, safe and sober but sapped of spirit and dulled beyond reason. Aye, I have a problem with that.

-Edward at the end of AC4

I don't know, I mean some bunch from Cred Forums liked it. If you do play it, keep an open mind.

I just really tried, but even as someone who finished AC1 on the DS, I can't forgive how much the gameplay went to shit with this.

>Have you played through it once and never touched it again?
Yes.
I guess I'll try it again in a few years when I'll mostly have forgotten about my experience.
To the game's credit Constantinople was a beautiful city.

It's Istanbul.

Yes, user. It's a 5-hour first-person puzzle platformer with a lot of dialogue about Desmond's life. If you were among us unicorns who did enjoy the modern day story, you probably want to play it.

YES, buddy. This series is far from perfect, maybe it's fucking stupid at times, but fuck me if the story didn't have some intrigue.

Depends on which side of the river you're standing.

In the novel, sure but in the game it was really lackluster. You could just feel that Arno's a puppy chasing his crush, a one-sided love where Elise just doesn't seem to have feelings for the guy because of her "muh revenge".

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
>Pajeet like Evie
Okay, whatever.
>Evie gives him the cold shoulder
Nice. Pretty realistic.
>At the end of the game, Evie suddenly loves Pajeet
>they get married
>she moves to Customerserviceland
Fucking Ubisoft.

Shit I'm getting my parts confused. The Lost Archive was about Clay, or Subject 16. My bad.

Nah man it's aight I just wanted to shitpost.
It was best before AC3, the ending of AC2 left me speechless. I always get triggered when people don't appreciate that part and just "muh aliens", it fit perfectly and AC was all about that sci-fi mystery shit.

Nowadays there isn't much of that left, and you get games like Unity because of that.

I disagree. At least III didn't shove "progressive" shit in your face. Also, you could use more than 3 weapon types and switch them without pausing the game.

Loved roaming around in the city. Just felt more alive than Brotherhood and II.

And that wasn't the booze talking

The problem is that the outfit never fits l the location ue "dressin for the settin"

Why else do you think Ezio wears the robes he did in Revelations? It's because he'd have stuck out like a sore thumb in that setting.

The character outfits are defined by the time period and the setting.

None of the legacy outfits work in the other games except Shay's baller Templar outfit in Unity.

Well shit, I enjoyed Desmond's final recordings in IV. I'll probably give this a shot but I hate walking simulators.

>tfw the only games not locked to 60fps are ACB and ACRe
Make a fucking effort, Ubisoft.

It's worth a try. If anything you'll stay for the story. Loved the modern day backstory pieces from Desmond in ACIV too.

-Constantine talking to Lucifer

I don't believe it, how? You'd basically have to run the entire race hitting all the flags like eight times in a minute.

Ezio's Rev outfit fucking blended in so well with the civilians that for once, the blending mechanic seemed so plausible to work.

Of course you'd need to have no armor equipped but damn did I love those robes.

>not Keanu Constantine
Get out.

Kenway Constantine just sells to me.

Believe it dude, you just need to build up a pattern and follow it.

You have given me hope. I just want that beautiful Musketeer top, I'm so sick of that polka-dot one.

Aw shit, we talking about that flag collecting mission near the church?

Took me ages to get the exact pattern for that.
Worst part was I had to do it three times for the armor and weapons.

Pirated and can confirm you can get it.

Yeah I was determined to unlock it. My tip would be start high, then go low. Follow that rope around the course first, then the tower, drop down and do both left and right side obstacles then focus on the middle bit, hopefully that made sense.

Yeah that god damned grinding mechanic was absolute bullshit.

Does anyone else sometimes get the urge to reinstall Unity? Paris is so fucking beatiful, man.

>Templars=DURR HURR ONLY WE SHOULD BE THE ONES TO RULE EVERYONE ELSE IS DUMBBBB
>Assassins=DURR HURR FIGHT THE POWER MAN CHOOSES SLAVE OBEYS

So when do we get an AC game that revolves around well adjusted individuals who want to kill both Templars and Assassins for the good of all?

It's that kind of autism and determination that made me go through AC3 to unlock Altair's outfit.

>Air assassinate a grenadier
>Kill two guards before Hickey can kill both of Washington's guards
>Don't come into contact with anyone while chasing Hickey

Three damn weeks and it all haunted me when I slept without finishing it.

Fucking loved the naval combat.

Yeah I reinstall the game every few months to just walk around when Im stoned

Just standing in those fuck huge crowds while people are being led up to the guilllotine is incredible. Same with Watchdogs and that one gfx restoration mod.

Hated it but I have gotten a few urges here and there. I'm kinda burned out from it after I replayed the whole game while taking screenshots of it wearing different sexy outfits.

Likewise. Think I've got to stop playing these games, they're specifically targeting said autism and I can't resist jumping through their damned hoops every time.

I want a game where you're hunted by both Assassin's and Templars, both factions have characters who are the good cops-type trying to save you from the other while there are the hunters who value you unconscious and tied up.

Everyone hugged the biggest bro in history right?
He made you into a flying demon, biggest bro move.

There already is a goup like that that wants to fight both of them.

Buuut they suck too because all they want is ABSOLUTE POWER so their alien mom can come back and reign over humanity "like it's supposed to be".

That last one is especially retarded.

Yep that's the way to play.

You know what AC needs? A first person mode.

Something like what ACII-Brotherhood had but this time allows you to walk with it on.

Love Paris, its such a fucking shame it will probably never be used again as a setting.

If its one AC City I wanted more off it was Paris

No.

>Don't come into contact with anyone while chasing Hickey
Damn near took an hour. I think the worst about 3 was the fog of war missions near the end though. There's also that awful mission where you can't be detected when trying to get through the two boats on top of getting a bunch of assassinations, drove me absolutely mad.

I'm in the middle of Unity right now, my shit rig is barely letting me play it at like 13 FPS or something but damn it I enjoy these games so I don't care. 100% everything but this so far, I think the co-op and those awful riddle missions might do me in.

Finished ACII three times. Hugged him all three

if I were Connor I would've just violently thrown everyone at my target like the savage that he is

13fps? What graphics settings you playin on senpai?

Funny how Paris had more prostitutes in it than fucking London. They even had a transvestite in it and they never used it as publicity.

Oh man, the boston tea party part triggered me so much. No one fucking died during the boston tea party, and in the game you fucking slaughter everyone

Played 18-30 with a broken gtx 560 at 1600 reso.

Could be cool. I love using the FPS mode in GTAV and before that the FPS mod in GTAIV.

I consider these types of open world games a form of "walking simulator" because its fun soaking up everything from the game world at a slow pace.

I remember restarting PC the first time around since i obviously missed that shit and realized the game would surely save right after the cutscene and i wouldn't be able to do it again.

>guys we gotta do this iconic thing
>but it's so boring if we do it stealth and no kills

Ubisoft games are the devil just for that, they know how to get you to jump through their hoops for that sweet sweet 100%.
>100% Watch_Dogs
I will never do those daily check-ins at 108 landmarks, but damn it did I suffer through their drinking game and poker nonsense.

720p, all low. I'm on a 5770 with a Phenom x4 which is basically worse-than-toaster-tier and it's astounding the damn thing even runs to even be playable, and I've managed to already put in about 20 hours and over 54% completion at the minute. I'd rather play it now than years down the road when I have an updated rig, you know?

Wasnt the transvestite in Unity a legit historical character?

I remember I found it hillarious how it was a random woman model with a mans voice

Ever try to finish all the Digital Trips? Madness and Alone are extremely frustrating towards to end of each.

That's some dedication and love dude, godspeed. Get that better rig when you can. There's still like a year left atleast before the next one drops anyway.

"Well Ezio, I wish you good luck!"

> Press F to interact

Both her and Mary Read were way better than what Syndicate had to offer.

I played the zombie one since I was saving them toward the end but just couldn't be bothered to try the rest. I know Spider Tank is really good but at that point I was just done with the game.

>worse-than-toaster-tier
Hahaha fuck me
You sound like a cool dude, that dedication too

Yeah, Spider Tank is the best by far.

I'm not a fan of Ezio with facial hair.