Fighter Jet Games

Can any of you Cred Forumseteran aces recommend some games where I can fly a fighter jet? I want a balance between fun and having to learn all the little dohickeys in pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJd0Sg13jbc
youtube.com/watch?v=8oz7gtMFTZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Falcon 4 BMS or DCS. BMS is more hardcore and military oriented while DCS is more action oriented.

What the fuck Cred Forums I just wanna fly fighter jets goddamn

The early Ace Combat games were pretty dope

Arma 3

Falcon BMS.

youtube.com/watch?v=rJd0Sg13jbc

While the thread's up, what's a good flightstick to get on a budget? Looking for a HOTAS config if there are any good ones.

Arma 3 with some mods/missions

War Thunder, if you like first generation fighter jets.

Post favorite fighter jets. Sukhoi a qt

Good ol' Falcon 4.

When manuals were MANuals.

youtube.com/watch?v=8oz7gtMFTZM

Gripen best girl tho

Warthog-chan gonna BRRRRRT some sand people

Not a fighter

There are a few console games that try to be a bit more realistic than others, like over G fighters or energy air force

There are quite a few PC games that are a bit more simplified, or can made to be simplified, than proper sims. I remember F-22 Lighting 3 being like that.

None of these are very good games, mind, but still ok enough.

I don't really mind realism, I just want a fun skill curve. It should be like some mecha anime with fighter jets instead of Gundams.

>ramps
lmao

Thrustmaster Hotas X is the cheapest but not enough buttons

Saitek X52 has lots of buttons but has shit quality control

Thrustmaster TWCS isn't out yet.

F-16 can come too.

I have F4 BMS because it's basically freeware, but it's hard as hell. Just getting the airplane off the ground for the first time takes about an hour and you need a Youtube tutorial for it, and when you face your first combat you will be about as helpless as you would be if you had been dropped in the seat of a real fighter jet.

I don't have DCS yet but I want to give it a try, especially if it's easier to get into than Falcon 4. I've mostly been using my stick for space games and I want to get back into atmospheric sims. I used to be really into the Jane's Combat Sims series back in the 90s when my brother had them.

If you want something arcadey and fun the Tom Clancy's HAWX games are pretty good. They're entry level jet games with lots of video-gamey assistance features but I had a lot of fun with them back in college, and they're really what got me back into flight games. Visually they lack certain details like realistic damage states and explosions and the in-cockpit instrumentation is non-functional, but if you want to just jump in and unleash your inner Chuck Yeager they're a good option.

There's also Ace Combat Assault Horizon although it's the black sheep of the AC series, and it's not as good as HAWX. It's basically a CODified jet shooter, when CODification was still considered the hot ticket by the business people in the industry. It's not bad in its own right, but if you're a fan of the series it's really a completely different game and it's the most arcadey jet game I've played in the last 5 years. I'd recommend it if you've already played HAWX and want another arcade-style game, but not if you're looking for simulation.

Found this at a yard sale, It felt like If ace combat was toned down to be made more realistic

Thanks bro

You can ride my tail anytime

DCS.

BMS is just another hyped aaa-shit with "oldschool" name backed up by army enlistment-PR office.

Casual shit.

I'm pretty entry level as far as being a flightstick user goes but there seems to be a stigma associated with twist inputs saying that they fuck up build quality because of the changes that have to be made to the gimbal. Which sucks, because the twist function on the X52 itself feels great to use. I hope it at least takes a while for mine to break in some way.

HAWX 1 was fucking boss. Shame about the grinding.

HAWX 2 was a wreck.

I remember modding Yukikaze into this... shits a lot of fun, especially after watching movie

F22 Lightning 3 is BEAST.

>dropping tacnukes on enemy bases

i remember this

best fly sim

Are there any sims where you can pilot bombers and bomb the shit out of stuff?

BMS is more complex than DCS not because of the flight model but because of the dynamic campaign that puts you in a very complex theater with a lot of threats and possible courses of action the enemy can take, which you need to keep in mind and plan beforehand. Combine that with package planning, electronic warfare planning, ground coordination plus others and you have a case where a majority of new players are overwhelmed.

DCS on the other hand is more of an FSX with combat jets where the missions are mostly user made and very scripted and follow a certain scenario the mission maker though out. This is of course not a bad thing as it does not require much planning and coordination and is more instant action.

During the week I mostly play DCS with my friends as I don't have a lot of time due to my job but when the weekend kicks in its BMS time.

>fixed wing aircraft
>army related
go back to /simg/ where you belong

This one desu

Strike Fighters 2.
Basic and somewhat arcadey. A decent mix between arcade and sim.

>dropping tacnukes on your own base

What is that picture from?? Is it pre-rendered? look too good for a fighter sim

Sadly few, most people find bombers less exciting than the fighter side of things.

If you consider the A10 as a bomber (technically ground attack) then there's DCS A-10. There's also Lock On: Flaming Cliffs which I believe has both A10 and the SU-25 Frogfoot.

Normally I'd consider recommending War Thunder even though it's a F2P grindfest, but they don't treat their bombers right. They've got a bunch but barely any of them even have fully modeled cockpits.

The various IL2 games all have a selection of WW2-era bomb buses.

I just googled "fighter jet cockpit"

>tfw flight sim games are rare now

This is literally the fattest ass on any jet ever.

Sitting in the gun turret of WW2 Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress would be pretty cool

thicc

It's just the inside of a harrier cockpit on a Royal Navy carrier

It's actually not that great. Very limited view and pretty difficult to actually hit enemy fighters that come in. Besides that it's a lot of not doing anything at all for hours.

Is track IR required for flight sims? I recently picked up a HOTAS setup but I've only used it with Elite Dangerous and a failed attempt at making it work with X-Wing. I have DCS World installed but I haven't bothered to hook my HOTAS up again to try it out. Do I need a track IR hat for that?

I'm sure it would be nice but it's not necessary. Sometimes I confuse which why I need to turn the camera to look in but that's usually if I spin out because I pulled too hard. That's just in WW2 aircraft and I'm sure that in modern jets it wouldn't be that much of a problem given the long engagement ranges.

i will stay here down on the ground where us humans belong

I meant in a video game. Actually being a gunner would have sucked balls. Besides I'm too tall.

Humans belong in space.
OURS IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS

Yeah, it's really not that great. In IL2 you can jump into someone's plane and be a gunner for them and holy shit is it ever boring.

I liked the fighter jet trailer from BF4. It felt really intense. Anything like that?

>AC2 not in holy trinity or at least above god tier
AC2 is my favorite. It is the only one that rewards shooting down special aces with airplanes.

IL2 1946
IL2 Heroes of Stalingrad (you and your friends can play all the bomber positions in this one)

my nigger

People would rather the game ego stroke them with all the radio chatter jizzing all over the player character in 4 and after (I do really like 4 though)

Hell, namco thinks AC2 is the best. why else would they rerelrease it and remake, while the other games get nothing despite people wanting them more?

Falcon BMS is already the best game ever made.
>An entire war simulated in real time
How do you even beat this.

War Thunder

Ace Combat 3d cross rumble for maximum
>fark year

looks pretty rad