Horror Vidya

I know its still pretty early, but I wanted to discuss what horror games we're all going to be playing during October and Halloween. What vidya-related halloween traditions do all of you have?

Probably going to start a new playthrough of Alien: Isolation on Nightmare mode. Played through it on Hard mode before they added extra difficulties.

Also been meaning to finish up Condemned: Criminal Origins but my save got deleted halfway through a while ago. I absolutely love it from what I've played so far.

Oh and how are the Penumbra games? I might get into them too.

Want to play through SH2 again
Will prob get outlast 2 since I enjoyed the 1st one
Any recommendations for a couple short/indie horror games?

My horror backlog consists of

alien isolation
forbidden siren
siren ps3

I'm planning on playing through the RE series. I've only ever played RE2 and I dropped it about halfway through.

>forbidden siren
>siren ps3
but forbidden siren 2 is the best in the franchise. you can't just ignore it

At least these

Alien: Isolation
SOMA
Call of Cthulhu
Penumbra
All three Stalkers (enough horror aspects for me, especially COP)

Replaying REmake and The Evil Within. I'm also playing Code: Veronica X for the first time and loving it.

What do you think of the NES Godzilla Creepypasta?

I think it's pretty cool

>six chapters for some shitty vidya creepypasta

give me a summary

guy buys game
guy sees spooky and cool shit in game
guy gets mocked about dead gf in game
guy kills evil monster that killed his gf in game
guy gets depressed after

The witch's house is pretty good if you can handle the ''rpg maker'' style

Completely forgot it's Halloween soon! For the past 4 years or so I've dedicated Halloween week to watching the scariest movies/videos from /x/ and playing games. Gonna be fun

Speaking of which, I remember being creeped out by the Debug screen.

Something about the nonsensical music and eerie nothingness makes me feel like something bad is going to happen if I stay too long.

>Code Veronica
Glad to hear it, senpai. It's my favorite PS2 era one. Don't forget to give medication to people who need it.

>Get excited about halloween and playing a spooky game
>I find the perfect game, install it and boot it up with snacks and everything ready for a great night
>I play it for 30-60 minutes
>Get spooked
>Get spooked again
>Quit game because I'm a pussy
>Watch horror movies instead

Ah, tradition.

It was good until the ending.The ending fucking ruined it and thrown >suspension of disbelief out the window just so it can have a happy ending.

Past 4 they're not really horror. Even 4 has more of a horror feel if you play it on the harder difficulties without the op weapons

Probably try Fatal Frame 1 again. I only got to night one a while back, may restart because I forgot controls. Controls were why I quit, I really suck at them.

Still waiting to forget the plot of SH2 so I can play it, accidentally got spoiled by the internet on pretty much everything.
I also plan to watch a few horror films.
Any recommendations?
Because I have bad puck with horror, last time I watched Crimson Peak and The Babadook, neither were scary. Crimson was enjoyable though, the babadook sucks shit.

Will horror ever top The Thing?

DreadOut was pretty fun. Has some technical issues but otherwise great

Wasn't Babadook just modern child-raising simulator?