Share the sad stories you have of online friends you've lost

>find a couple friends in mw2
>find one of my best friends there online
>we hang out a lot and he introduces me to his friend oscar
>they're actually friends in real life
>live in the same neighborhood
>friends for years
>all that jazz
>The 3 of us would play a bunch of games together. We used to mess around and do so much shit together online it was fun.
>one time we went on playstation home and pretended to be women and see if we could get free shit
>it worked
>used to play naruto storm generations together a lot
>the game was so broken it's hilarious
>little big planet was another favorite of ours
>anyways, years go by, still hanging out like the 3 marketeers together
>I remeber this next part vividly
>I'm eating mac and cheese, decided to try it with mixed sauces. Something new for once.
>as I'm enjoying it I get a call from my best friend
>I greet him cheerfully
>but then I hear him
>his voice stilk fucking hits me to this day
>he's bawling out sobbing
>I've never heard him cry this hard before
>Told me Oscar accidentally died at 14 years old
>somehow caught his neck in something
>Don't know the details
>I'm fucking depressed for the next couple weeks
>we get back on lbp together a couple days later
>the atmosphere is so sad
>my best friend's voice is just soft
>you could tell we were both mourning in both our voices still
>we all remember the times we used to play together

Damn it Oscar, I wish we could've played more video games together. You died way too fucking young, it still hurts me. It's been almost 8 years

You got any hard hitting stories user?

>First online fridge ever, playing halo 3
>social games every night with a big group of friends after coming home from shitty catholic school
>infection on sandtrap, McDonald's drive thru etc, the glory days of halo 3
>he goes through puberty first and stops talking to me
>still haven't gone through puberty

Kek

>yfw friend goes trans
It's all downhill from there

too many too long ago

what are you waiting for, fuck him in the ass user

>be gaming with friend
>hear his doorbell ring
>says he will brb

Its been 3 mintues since he left. Should I be worried?

>somehow caught his neck in something
is oscar a dog?

He's dead already

>Have a friend I met online in the early 2000s
>We did a lot of RP boards
>Played a few games
>Played the hell out of Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, and Quake 3.
>We both get older and kind of go our seperate ways
>He expresses interest in joining the military
>Last time I saw him online was 2009
>Probably kill from a sandgoogle or IED

>be part of a close knit group at its creation
>everyone else starts making closer ties and becoming better friends
>end up fading out of the group entirely

RIP Rob

for some reason i stopped having friends when I hit about 18 years old. I had a shit ton though when I was younger for some reason.

>real life friend finds out you have online friends and decides to go talk to them on your TS server
>no big deal
>fall out with my irl friend over housing shit
>he goes on and tells everyone that he's a big victim and that I've been lying about myself for years or some shit
>most of our group doesn't care or doesn't believe him
>like 3 people just stop talking to me, remove me from everything and log out whenever I join TS
>eventually they disappear for good and not even the other guys in our group talk to them.
>group steadily dies off

They never even listened to my side of it. Fuck you for saying that shit, Colin.

Nope. He was a chubby hispanic kid.
It's extremely unlikely, but there's a small chance he's alive. Although I would assume my online friend is dead or forgot about me if we didnt talk for 8 years.

>never listened to your side of it
No offense but it's good they cut ties then. Fuck them for not listening to your side of the story.

Why'd you have to swear all the time in Halo 3, holden3? I couldn't swear anything myself because my parents were home, you british fuck.

>Online friend has whirlwind romance,gets married in four months
>Stops playing vidya with us
>"Im a married man now, I have to man up, I have responsibilities, I have to put away childish stuff"

>had a friend who was trying to go tran
>female to male eventually
>maybe it eas just a fad
>definitely a lesbian though
>used to talk with her a lot
>go on skype call
> her dad comes
>says she has to go abruptly
>never hear from her again.
She still posts stuff so I know she isn't dead.

>I have to put away childish stuff

His wife made him stop playing, I guarantee it.

>last online: 600 days ago

>She still posts stuff so I know she isn't dead
>She

No matter what disgusting shit trannies do to their genitalia, they are still genetically male or female. In this case, she's still a woman.

After all these years, way too fucking many.

Was born a female. Still was when I knew her. Didnt mutilate her body yet and I dont think she has still.

Yeah exactly.

>Marketeers
I don't want to play doubles advocate, but it's a doggy dog world, user.

>tfw you lose your online friend as a teenager because their mother thinks you must be a sexual predator and stops your friend ever using the computer

You must be at least 20 if you were playing Halo 3. How are you prepubescent?

God damn it, I meant 3 musketeers.

My mom used to be like that. Thought everyone online was a pedophile.

Everyone.

I have no idea how to interact with people online so over time i dropped out of contact with all the friends from when i was an underage and never replaced them as years went on.

I act like a complete douchebag in multiplayer games (even though i'm nice enough in 1 on 1 conversation) and cant think of anything to say in chat rooms which cuts off hope for any incoming friendship, meanwhile I'm sure I'm slowly alienating the single digit amount of online friends I do have due to my overwhelming negativity (too much complaining and making fun of others)

I was fine when I was an underage. Wish I could go back to how I was then.

I hit puberty and sounded like I was 30, I may be balding at 20 but I'm going to have a glorious beard. My friends mom thought I was a pedophile too but I was only 14. Still talk to him at least once a week though.

Have this picture of me.

i didnt really want to make friends online in games. i just wanted to find good people to win with a lot. is that bad? lol

I was friends with a crazy fuck on XBL named ALIENSHIFT2012. We met on Crysis 2, played through Gears 3 on hardest difficulty, horde mode, etc. Dude was nuts. Thought all sorts of conspiracies were real. Felt bad for his kid.

Buy me games and I'll be your friend, user.

I haven't seen my irl friends in 3 months going on 4 and I really only miss D&D Fridays til 6 am. I wish I could play online but phone posting sucks because my pc is dead and occasionally there are some good conversations on here.

That picture jesus fuck.

>meet guy on Cred Forums game idea thread after joking about us pairing up for a project
>we share our projects and other stories we're working on
>pretty much good bros for years
>guy has problems with work and family, cant be on as much
>suddenly dont hear from him again
>still left him a message and way to contact me if he ever gets on skype again

Till then bro

this happens to me everytime

I hope he comes back to you user but don't expect happiness because you won't get it.

I witnessed this as a new addition to a group. Fucking Stand By Me is 30 years old anons. Only thing Wesley Crusher was any good in.

>Extremely close knit, small IRC
>Over time starts getting absorbed into another, larger IRC for no reason as more and more people follow the bandwagon and switch
>No one even ends up liking the new larger IRC
>We all just stop trying and leave, going our separate ways instead of even trying to go back to our old room and community

What do you mean? I'm not gonna expect a man to put his online friend over his family lol, if he comes back its all good, but if not then at least good times were had.

It was the other way around, I made them lose me!

>every endevour to make a friend ended in failure
>can't even muster the energy to play multiplayer games
>tfw you feel like a liar

>Not watching Sopranos

My best friend is trans, and he started really early. He's been on hormones for like 4 years now, and 90% of people wouldn't be any wiser.

Sometimes the therapy just works.

I just went into complete radio silence at some point without warning. There were no words for why I had to fuck off anyway

>tfw good friend goes trans
>tfw good friend decides he's a femboy now

never met a trans or a femboy that wasn't completely fucking unstable and a massive attention whore

>orchestrating a /vg/ guild against much resistance from both inside and out with another user
>game doesn't yet properly support them so it's on us to keep people together
>swapped animus, bought each other games
>guild in waiting has been more or less hands off while we wait for the fucking devs to implement some form of meaningful guild system in game
>talk less and less over time
>notice a week or two ago that we haven't spoke in forever
>shoot him a message, "you still following [game] general?"
>"no"
>goes offline immediately
>comes back on a few minutes later and plays some other game

>super chill /tg/bro from college announces on his fb that's been dead for years that he's closing the account and moving to a new one under the name Sarah after transitioning
>hasn't posted anything since
>still don't know if it was serious or a joke

dare I ask what a femboy is and how it's distinct from a trans?

trans is people who actually think they're the wrong gender and tend to take corrective measures

femboy is more of a purely sexual thing, guys with feminine bodies running with it, dressing and acting feminine. in reality they're always extremely needy and strive to be the center of attention, possibly even worse than trannies. all the negative behavioral traits of women with none of the positives. most of them only THINK they look feminine too, when in reality they're just thin and bony and generally disgusting to look at in spite of how often they try to get you to look at their camwhoring (again for the attention it brings, from the more desperate of anons)

meh, at least they're honest. I'll take a slutty fag over a sjw GENDER DON'T REAL STOP OPPRESSING ME fruitcake every day of the week.

There's hardly a difference.

>best friend who had pretty much the exact same taste in videogames and was the only one who was able to git gud in games met a bunch of normiefriends and now turned into a fucking hipster

It still hurts.

>best friend gets a gf
>suddenly stops calling
woah...

>Never form any long lasting online 'friendships'.
>Have my few favorite servers that I only join because they have low ping/high tick rate/etc.
>Join game, fuck up the other team, feelsgoodman.
>I use the mic and make jokes/insult people.
>Constantly flooded with friends requests.
>Deny them all.

I'm a lone Operator-tier wolf; you'll just get in my way, slow my down or annoy the fuck out of me.

>cant remember what game but meet german guy on steam that speaks english
>hes one of those scene kids
>his gf used his steam all the time when he was away
>she was scene too
>one day she asks me if i wanna do zexual roleplaying
>mfw
>she keeps begging me to do it due to my reluctance/never done it before/thought she was joking
>ask her what her bf would think about her doing this
>she said it was HIS IDEA (!!)
>finally give in just to see what it's like
>feel akward and bad after doing it
>after about a year? after that all of us stop talking
fucking good people those 2 but bloody hell i feel sorry for that lad

Psssh… Nothin Personnel … Kid…

It's okay Ahmed. This is what they asked for.

Dumb frogposter

>Be friends with a bunch of guys since HS
>graduated years ago, still hang out and play vidya
>one guy especially in the group is into a lot of the same shit as me so we game a lot
>play MMOs like mad for whatever reason
>he gets a gf, she moves in with him
>she's always telling him to stop playing and pay attention to her
>feel like he's gonna cave and start hanging with her friends and leave us all behind

It's a pretty shitty feeling, knowing what's gonna happen and not being able to stop it.

Spoilers There was no GF. It was all him.

>friends since kindergarten
>vidya and sleepovers all day every day
>graduate high school
>he gets gf and stops talking to me
>changed completely

>hang out on an IRC channel
>channel members gravitate into cliques based on common interests
>get to know one of the channel operators, we both share interest in philosophy, psychology, politics and economic theories
>chat up massive text walls building theories on the underlying structures of the society
>some of my friends and some of his friends end up as part of the dead poets society or whatever you might call it
>we meet up at a channel get-together, having a blast
>many meet-ups after this, good times had
>he beats his shitty self-esteem and finds a great girl, gets engaged
>make plans with him to come over to my hometown so we can hit a pub crawl and philosophize and shit
>he has no money and has to enter the national service so the plan gets postponed for some time
>one day playing some stupid flash game on Newgrounds, get a call from a mutual friend
>he starts out fine but his voice soon breaks
>our friend got some super aggressive form of meningitis in the service, was rushed to the hospital but soon died
>attend the funeral, the whole gang is there, but that's the last time we ever got together
>he was the link that kept the clique and the whole IRC channel together
>channel slowly dies, in our clique everyone goes their own way
>tfw never got to pull that awesome pub crawl with him
>tfw dropped plans on political sciences and went to work at a sawmill because fuck philosophy
>tfw to this day I feel if the world had any semblance of justice it should have been me instead of him
>tfw a 31yo wizard with no friends and not much joy left in life, nobody else to tell this shitty story but Cred Forums of all things

All of them.

Assuming they ever considered themselves my "friends", anyway.

>be a friendless faggot
>begin whoring myself out in Steam """friendo""" threads
>amass over 200+ friends, only talk frequently to a handful
>realize what a fucking retard i am
>remove literally everyone, including the few people i consider as actual friends
>still keep their comments on my page

>people complaining about people they "lost" to real life

Why aren't you freeing yourselves from your own vidya addiction?
Let's face it, we all waste too much time on video games, Cred Forums and internet shit in general. It's not just a "nerd" problem anymore, because normies do the same on facebook and reddit.

Why can't we be the ones that others lose to real life?

Literally me
>Like just fucking around and talking shit all the time
>Just want to have fun
>End up complaining a lot and coupled with my shittalking I end just look like a passive aggressive autist
>Don't notice this and think everyone is my friend since I like everyone there
>Eventually in every single community/circle/friend group I join, one or more people end up getting extremely mad at me because they find me annoying
>Drama inside where people start exaggerating about how annoying I am and refuse to ever listen to me
>Seems like literally everyone hates me
>Eventually get kicked or leave
>Every single time I don't ever expect it and thought I wasn't being annoying this time
I can't figure out if I'm supposed to just not give a fuck and just have fun since it's on the internet and a lot of the time I surround myself with Cred Forums people (Who seem as if they are MORE easily offended and thin-skinned than Normie's are) or try to change myself in the interest of staying in groups and keeping them as friends but not having any fun myself because why do I need to change to not offend some fucks on the internet playing a shitty game

user, halo 3 came out 40 years ago

>It's been 100 years since MGSV came out
WHERE DID THE TIME GO

I'll be your friend but I'm an annoying faggot.

Not him but holy shit you say this as a joke but this shit actually happened to me

>Be in friend group on EXCKSBAWKS LIEV years and years ago on my 360 when I was a cod kiddie
>Chilling in party with a friend and his friend
>Starts talking about his "gf"
>Friend didn't know he had a gf
>He "puts her on the mic"
>It literally just sounds like him but with a higher pitch, obviously pretend voice
>Over weeks he keeps trying to convince us he has a gf even though he never lets her play, never gave us her name, and have never heard them talk at the same time
It was so sad it was like I was experiencing cringe in human form over Xbox Live. He was obsessed with DMCDevil May Cry and Stranglehold for some reason. His name was also something cringe like "DevilsDoCry" or some shit like that.

>try to join an EVE corp
>public corp channel people are real nice, invite me on ganks and w-hole camps sometimes
>always tell me "Sorry, we don't really have room right now for new people" or some such
>hang around for 6 months or so
>another hangaround guy appears on channel
>one day realize he's been taken into the corp
>realize all this time they had no intention of taking me in, they were just being nice and trying to tell me "No" in a roundabout, polite way
>feel like an autistic fool who got played by his own ineptitude
>unsub forever

Besides that one user, who else has had people that died