teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html
gematsu.com/2016/09/nioh-beta-demo-survey-results-announced
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
youtube.com/watch?v=bKOT7g92Fp0
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6pQLkZSdY
youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c
youtube.com/watch?v=i0RamF4Wc7E
i.imgur.com/21PqO2t.jpg
n4g.com/news/1854496/ps4-vs-xbox-one-vs-wii-u-japan-lifetime-sales-december-2015-update
gamespot.com/articles/koei-temco-detail-nioh-pc-release/1100-6433218/
change.org/p/koei-tecmo-bring-nioh-to-pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nioh is definitly faster but the enemies are the same or slower ( and a lot dumber) than BB and DS3. Noih combat is super fun though, a little worrisome that with all the skills and shit you get that it will trivialize some of the challenge in the long run.

yuki-onna basically decided for me that i'll buy it

i haven't had time to play the betas but been enjoying all the threads you guys do for the game as well as the webms

I wonder how many new weapons we'll see in the full release.
They said 20ish in an interview but I suspect that counts Axe/Hammer and other weapons with identical move set as separate.
Considering each weapon move set also comes with a skill tree I wouldn't be surprised if the full release only adds 2-3 more.

kusarigama for the win!

yeah she's waifu tier along with hino-enma

youtube.com/watch?v=9auwT0gUtdE

Do you think William-sama's game is going to sell a good amount? Is 700k - 1m units unrealistic?

With the right promotion I could see it getting about as popular as Onimusha was back in the early '00s (Plus taking into account there's a lot more PS4s in the wild than there were PS2s back when the original Onimusha hit). 750k-ish isn't super unrealistic.

the might be unrealistic. But it will sell a good amount im sure. It seems a lot of people liked the beta

beeta feedback: teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html

gematsu.com/2016/09/nioh-beta-demo-survey-results-announced - clears up oon some details

Yeah I really appreciate the designs -- the waifus are both horrifying yet beautiful and some are just beautiful in the conventional way

Also this girl is cute af

I can't deal with the withdrawal.

Help me, pls.

yeah and her spirit-fu is a bunny. She probably gets around way too much

Who knows, but Koei Tecmo did make the demo world wide with 8 supported languages, combine that with strong word of mouth and I think they can break a million world wide.

play bloodborne in the mean time

i never really put any points into ninjutsu or onmyy. waa it really that op?

I platinum'd it and carried several casual friends through the game. I love the game, but I've put too much time in it.

Besides, they're too different for BB to be a substitute. I was thinking about picking up one of Onimusha titles, since I haven't finished 1-2 back in the day.

the throwing stars/kunai is great.

Smoke bombs turned off the AI of everything but bosses. Just throw one down and handle all situations with ease.

damn i wouldnt have spent 2 hours on hino if i knew this

good to know. I hope they tone it down a bit for the full game.

Oh, well absolutely play the first two. Make sure to get Genma Onimusha if you have an OG Xbox lying around, since that was far and away the best version.

Give the first Genji a go, too. That's really good, it not pretty short.

i was thinking of playing ninja gaiden next. which one should i play first?

ninja gaiden black

It wouldn't matter anyway. I only used katanas and dual katanas.
Spear was easy mode and axes/hammers were too slow.

Whichever order you want, you have 4 months to get through it all.

Also be sure to read James Clavell's Shogun!

Nah, dont have an Xbox.

Had Genji long time ago, but lost my copy when I was moving. Although that reminds me that I have Days of the Blade lying around. Maybe I should give it a go.

The manga will have like 5 more chapters released before the game is out.

Wonder if we'll have any major spoilers.

>Days of the Blade

You have to feel bad for Okamoto. The Genji sequel gets rushed out the door by Sony because they want it as a launch title for the PS3, and it's crap as a result, as well as being a giant joke anyway thanks to Sony's E3 2006 presentation. Then Folklore, which was a very charming and ambitious game, falls flat on its face and almost brings his studio to ruin. He was then promptly resigned to mobile hell, his marriage fell apart (Thanks to longstanding battles with both mental health issues and alcoholism) and has barely been scraping by in the past 5 or 6 years. A sad end for one of the most talented creators of the '80s and '90s.

So are the side missions going to be rehashes of trial of grasses?

If there is going to be a 100 of them there will almost certainly be some that are rehashes.
Probably something like the MGS5 side missions.

its probably 50 side missions. the other 50 are twilight versions of those ones

more spear gameplay ? I've always dreamt of a game with good spear action

Damn, that's harsh.
Didn't know anything about him.
Since we're on the topic, is Folklore worth it?
Always wanted to check it out, since I liked the aesthetics, but never got my hands on it properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk

youtube.com/watch?v=bKOT7g92Fp0

Is William the first Irish video game protagonist?

I'd absolutely say it's worth a pickup if you're into JRPGs that are a bit on the strange side and have even a passing interest in Celtic mythology. It looks good for the time, but of course being an early PS3 title, it runs a bit shakily. It's reasonably uncommon these days though, so you're probably looking to pay about 35-40 bucks for a copy in good shape.

Great soundtrack, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6pQLkZSdY

this guy has too much time on his hands

is this alpha ? Is it still possible to be that good ?

yes to both questions

youtube.com/watch?v=d_b68B4t68c --here is the updated beta version he made

Folklore is pretty good, but it's not on psn for some licensing reason, so you have to find a physical copy. Good luck with that.

He's crazy good at action games in general (Some of his Ninja Gaiden videos are insane), so it's no surprise it translated over to Nioh.

any chance the game could be optimzed enough so it runs at 1080p 60 fps or will it run at 900p 60fps

They removed the low stance dodge stamina recovery in the beta.
But latest footage has it back in again.

They also changed the way lock on movement works. I think the alpha movement was a bit better for fighting groups.
I hope they put it back in as a toggle in options.

man i gotta git gud then

a scythe weapon would be badass

A friend of mine has it. He's also not really in the vidya anymore, so I think I can get it from him for less than 10 bucks.

Just as a rough outline, action mode in the beta was a reasonably stable 60FPS at roughly 930p that'd drop down to 720p when necessary (It uses the same scaling system as NG3 did, apparently), whereas uncapped movie was all over the place, ranging from early 50s at the highest and mid 30s at the lowest (Usually hovering around early 40s). With 4 months to release, 1080p/60FPS on a stock PS4 is pretty unlikely. The Pro on the other hand will probably be able to do it (SInce Team Ninja said they were originally targeting 1080p/60FPS).

Alpha only had lower resolution at 60fps or 1080 locked to 30 fps.
The beta added an option for 1080 with unlocked FPS (averaging 45ish).
youtube.com/watch?v=i0RamF4Wc7E

What I think will happen is that PS4 pro will run the "Movie Variable" mode at locked 60.

Fuck, this is the only game that has actually got me interested in getting a PS4.
Too bad it's still too shitty and overpriced.

Have they confirmed actual PvP and more than one summon, or can you only summon the the AI spirits?

Did they really have to copy Geralt of Rivia's facial/design so much? I know Japan loved the character if that poll is anything to go by but god damn video game devs and artists are getting lazy.

They havent released any info on pvp yet

Invasions were hinted at during the initial rereveal, but later outright ruled out, but Yasuda said he was toying with the idea of a sort of PvP arena.

you can hide his face with a helmet if it bothers you that much

Im not really bothered at all, just disappointed.

goddamnit, having dodge ki recovery on high stand was great for me, and i almost never use low stance. Fucking complainers man.

so what is a wanderer going to be, we saw that option in the shrine during beta.

considering how much they've changed details like that I think it's still up in the air.

they may have brought it back for the tgs demo to make easier for the crowd

heck japan found the game harder than the rest of the world : i.imgur.com/21PqO2t.jpg

They'll change if people asked for it in the beta, I pray they take the good suggestions

Japan back then
>You Americans can't handle are too hard 4 u gaymes filthy gaijins
Now
>T-This game is too hard... We don't have time to finish it, we gonna tend to the rice fields..

It was the same with FF15.

So like, should we post BB webms in here?

i blame handheld devices

we dont care

I want to cuddle William and rub his beard on my cheeks.

Give it a decade and they'll drop off from being on top of the FGC scene

It's really quite eye-opening when you look at just how badly mobile gaming has crippled the traditional console market in Japan even just in the past few years.

i want a kodama buddy

how did that even happen?is gaming looked down in japan?

A lot of it's down to how reliant everything is on the train systems.

Hasn't this been happening for quite sometime?

In a previous thread multiple examples going many years back was brought up.
Like some game where medium difficulty in Japan was easy in US/EU and similar.

I think people just got the wrong impression seeing a couple super hardcore arcade gamers when they in no way represent the average Japanese gamer.

The Japanese gaming experience tends to follow social trends. Arcades still do well because they're located in big population centers - in Japan everything is centralized around the major train station. So you get a lot of people traffic and it's easy to stop into one on the way home or while waiting for friends, etc.
Handhelds also do well here, as many people can play on the train, or stop in a cafe near the station on the way home (etc) and game. PSP was big and the 3DS is also doing well. Vita is doing all right, what really hurt that system though was Capcom taking the Monster Hunter series away from Sony and bringing it to Nintendo. A lot of people play smartphone games which is why we saw (and continue to see) Japanese gaming companies trying to target this market. Japanese gamers are more likely to buy microtransactions than their western counterparts, but I don't think it's a market that will prove to be very fruitful in the end.
Consoles and PC do all right. Your average Japanese male just isn't home for the majority of the day so console gamers tend to be hardcore gamers or young guys who might have more free time on their hands. As was mentioned PS3 won the last generation here because 360 wasn't really focused towards the Japanese market, and eventually became a platform known for the really obscure "otaku" market - anime girl games and bullet-hell shooters. Xbox One doesn't even have a release date in Japan, leading many Japanese gamers to feel like Microsoft has pretty much given up on the region.

People work and just play handhelds because they dont have time to play home consoles, its why theyre so popular over there. Neets are actively punished there too, youre not going to get an "expert gamer" over there because they have no way to support themselves unless they are working, gaming is still considered nerd shit over there, unlike the western world where its hip to play games, over there if someone plays games past a certain age they are a loser. Dont let what you see in anime and general media skew your view into thinking japs are gamers, they really really arent.

>Xbox One doesn't even have a release date in Japan, leading many Japanese gamers to feel like Microsoft has pretty much given up on the region.
XB1 is for sale in Japan, it has sold like 60 000 consoles or there about.
Did you perhaps mean one of the new models?

i meant it as a joke, Microsoft has basically given up on selling the console to japs

sales figures

Wii U Total Sales: 3,020,227

PlayStation 4 Total Sales: 2,261,079

Xbox One Total Sales: 64,543

source: n4g.com/news/1854496/ps4-vs-xbox-one-vs-wii-u-japan-lifetime-sales-december-2015-update

Has KT announced the PC version already?

Or is it going to be FFXV-like and release the console versions first and then release and infinitely better PC version?

Honest question, just wanna know if i gotta borrow my friends Bloodbornestation 4 or wait

gamespot.com/articles/koei-temco-detail-nioh-pc-release/1100-6433218/

They haven't announced anything.

there is a petition to bring it to pc: change.org/p/koei-tecmo-bring-nioh-to-pc

im not sure if they will bring it though

I've lurked too much to fall on that

All right thanks

Obligatory.

Will there be another beta? Was too busy playinh Mankind Divided and forgot about the Nioh beta.

probably not, i wish they would release an offline version of the demo that we could play over and over again

do you guys think they will add more magic? It seems pretty lackluster right now

Almost certainly or else it will be a pretty lazy branch since there's only 2 animation for everything except soul release. Even having salt to throw at Youkai would be pretty good addition

It will probably get a PC release, especially if its good and has good word of mouth. The souls games do great on PC.

>but muh exclusivity

More like Hino-Enema lmao

They said 24 I believe but they consider there to be 10 in the beta because it includes ranged and variants of the same moveset. With that in mind, 4-5 new movesets seems likely.

>Nobunaga's wife is an ice demon we can kill

Instapurchase.

Not to be some NEVER EVERing faggot, but doesn't the box have the "Only on Playstation" stamp?

Watching that causes me physical pain

It's like Pokémon but you grab Pikachu by the tail and swing the little fucker into other fucker's faces. Completely worth it.

yeah it does