"tactical" gameplay

>"tactical" gameplay
>has random elements

Final Fantasy '''''''''''''''''''''''''''Tactics'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Advance

Frozen Synapse trashes anything you'd have to say.

>Have to adapt to the situation
>This somehow reduces the tactical aspect

Increasing the chance to hit is a part of tactics!

>tactical espionage action

>a RNG element is included
waah waah why even try evul randomness bawww

>complaining about bullet spread in a game that mimics realism

How's your english grade, user-kun?

Tactics and strategy are terms closely associated with warfare. In any war, unexpected shit happens all the time. Dealing with the chaos of war is what tactics and strategy is all about. Chess has no random elements therefore I'd say it's closer to an NP hard mathematics problem than a game of tactics and strategy.

Yeah, because tactics IRL are about knowing and quantifying every single influence on any given situation at any time, and not trying to cover your ass for the myriads of unknown values at any given moment.

High-level chess is a memory contest since every single move has already been done and noted

>Chess has no random elements therefore I'd say it's closer to an NP hard mathematics problem than a game of tactics and strategy.
Theoretically true, but realistically it is, like strategy, strongly dependent on the mistakes the opponent makes, since only very few humans don´t make bankable mistakes all the time.
The game is not random, but your opponent is.

Most games of chess anyone will ever play are not even close to high level.
You can´t discount the reality of the niveau of the game by simply concentrating on the best players.

Starcraft is also just a clusterfuck most of the time, even among koreans.

>Starcraft is also just a clusterfuck most of the time, even among koreans.
Wish i had that gif of someone forfeiting a tournament game during the first minute since they misclicked something and "ruined the economy"

>having a die roll makes it random
>having tons of die rolls makes it even more random, and not, how some idiot nerds claim, introduces some stronger balanced statistical probability
>can´t fool us street s-m-r-t people

>be fighting battle against invaders
>in the shield wall with my huskarl bros
>repel enemy cavalry every time they charge
>this is going to be ez pz
>stray arrow hits the king in the eye
>lose battle and be subjugated by french speaking faggots forever after

>stronger balanced statistical probability

>what are probability and statistics

>tfw tactics don't exist in real life because of the abundance of non predetermined variables.

Perfect, thanks

>What is sarcasm?

Say it out loud.

die rolls are fine as long as the AI isn't bribing RNGesus when no ones looking

>looking at you pokemon battle subway

>SC2 is now worse than it was before
I couldnt actually believe it. It literally plays like a shitty MOBA now instead of an RTS game.

>turn based RPG
>has difficulty levels

It's true, but that also can be applied to basically anything. Any sport

IN LIFE YOU CAN SHOOT BULLET AND BULLET CAN RICOCHET AND KILL LITTLE CHILD THAT WASN'T THE TARGET

THIS IS RNG

NOW SHUT UP THIS INSTANT

>Competitive C&C game never ever